Search Unity

[ 2021 ] Hierarchy Pro - Auto HighLighter

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mr_duke, Jul 2, 2017.

?

What kind of updates would you like to see for this assets?

1. update for highlighter (interface, features)

2. update for bookmarks (interface, features)

3. update for project view (revert bottom, other features)

4. update for top bar (position, features)

5. update for right mods (display style, additional mods)

6. other update (type what kind)

7. fix bugs (type what kind of bugs)

8. less price

9. video tutoriasls, reviews

10. site, help page, wiki page, documentations, etc

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mr_duke

mr_duke

As far as I can tell, we haven't even thought of, because first of all even the current version is not very stable and needs to be improved =)

Of course, it is desirable to have hierarchy pro new window's implements in time to release 2018.2. Although this is very optimistic, so I think it will be the middle of August.
    Although it may be earlier, if the unity release will be earlier of august or the complexity of little integration will be low

2. SkySupra

SkySupra

Hello. After buying the plugin, I opened the settings and got errors. What's happening?
    https://ibb.co/d5n96o
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
    2. Parameter name: index
    3. System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.Texture2D].get_Item (Int32 index) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:633)
    4. EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter._getticon (System.String s)
    5. EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.GetIcon (System.String s)
    6. EModules.EModulesInternal.SETUPROOT.DRAW_HELP_TEXTURE (System.String textureName, Nullable`1 height, Nullable`1 enable, Int32 xOffset, Nullable`1 yOffset, Nullable`1 align)
    7. EModules.EModulesInternal.SETUPROOT.DRAWCONTROLS ()
    8. EModules.EModulesInternal.SETUPROOT.DOCK_BOTTOM (Single start_X, Single wOffset, System.Single& outY)
    9. EModules.EModulesInternal.SETUPROOT.DRAW_MAIN (Boolean inspector)
    10. EModules.EModulesInternal.SETUPROOT.internalDrawer (Boolean inspector, EModules.EModulesInternal.SETUPROOT settingModule)
    11. EModules.EModulesInternal.SETUPROOT.OnGUI (UnityEditor.EditorWindow w, EModules.EModulesInternal.SETUPROOT settingModule)
    12. EModules.EModulesInternal.Hierarchy_GUIEditorWindow.OnGUI ()
    13. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    14. Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    15. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    16. System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    17. UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:295)
    18. UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:288)
    19. UnityEditor.HostView.OldOnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:107)
    20. UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/UIElements/Managed/IMGUIContainer.cs:182)
    Reimport the plugin or recreate the project does not help.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  3. mr_duke

mr_duke

Sorry to hear you're having issues, this bug was already fixed, if you want, you may write me support@emem.store and i will send to you fixed package or you may wait a little, i already published update, it should be alive during day

Once again, sorry, I sent the package and did not update the icons file

4. SkySupra

SkySupra

Thanks for the answer. If the plugin will be updated soon, I will wait.

5. umair21

umair21

Error.PNG
    I am getting this error. Please help me with this.
    Here is the error:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEditor.EditorGUI.ColorField'.
    EModules.EModulesInternal.IconData.PICKER (Rect inputrect, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, Color color, Boolean DRAW_REPAINT)
    EModules.EModulesInternal.SETUPROOT.DRAW_MAIN_TOGGLES (Single start_y, Single offset_x, Single HEIGHT)
    EModules.EModulesInternal.SETUPROOT.DRAW_MAIN (Boolean inspector)
    EModules.EModulesInternal.SETUPROOT.internalDrawer (Boolean inspector, EModules.EModulesInternal.SETUPROOT settingModule)
    EModules.EModulesInternal.SETUPROOT.OnGUI (UnityEditor.EditorWindow w, EModules.EModulesInternal.SETUPROOT settingModule)
    EModules.EModulesInternal.Hierarchy_GUIEditorWindow.OnGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:272)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:265)
    UnityEditor.HostView.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:94)

6. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hello, sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing, thank you for your purchase
    One color field exception was fixed, it touched 2017.4,

In particular, to contributions from, reinstall plugin from asset store, there're three versions for 5.5 / 2017 / 2018, it will automaticly choesse completable version.

In case that doesn't work, write please to mail support@emem.store, and write please down your versions of unity and hierarchy.

7. umair21

umair21

Now that I imported from the asset store, it's working perfectly but when I import it without asset store, it pops up those same errors. What's the solution for that because I can't have internet connection all the time.

8. mr_duke

mr_duke

Perhaps you do not match the version you need, you just need to have the same version of unity with which you downloaded the asset, and then everything should work fine

9. florian_d

florian_d

Hi;

I've started experiencing issues with Hierarchy Pro yesterday; it started complaining about not being able to add the component DescriptionHelper, with a "please reinstall". After a couple of reinstalls of the plugin, the issue is still creeping in.

unity 2018.2.2f1 // non vanilla Packages: Addressables / Asset Bundles Browser

Code (CSharp):
    1. [Hierarchy Plugin] Cannot add component EModules.DescriptionHelper
    2. [Hierarchy Plugin] Installation error - Please reinstall plugin
    3. [Hierarchy Plugin] Object reference not set to an instance of an object   at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter+BottomInterface.GET_BOOKMARKS (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[EModules.Int32ListArray]& list, UnityEngine.SceneManagement.Scene scene) [0x00039] in <d54f7efeb0384388920d55c4886c4aa4>:0
    4.   at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter+BottomInterface.RefreshMemCache (UnityEngine.SceneManagement.Scene scene) [0x00017] in <d54f7efeb0384388920d55c4886c4aa4>:0
    5.   at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter+BottomInterface.Scene_RefreshGUIAndClearActions (UnityEngine.SceneManagement.Scene scene) [0x00000] in <d54f7efeb0384388920d55c4886c4aa4>:0
    6.   at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter+BottomInterface.Updater () [0x001de] in <d54f7efeb0384388920d55c4886c4aa4>:0
    7.   at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.UpdateCb () [0x001ab] in <d54f7efeb0384388920d55c4886c4aa4>:0
    It's a bit frustrating, as I cannot repro that in a fresh install (also the fresh install apparently imported a different Hierarchy Pro when I created the project? I'm puzzled)

is there any special step need to do a clean reinstall that might get me out of this issue?

10. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hello, I'll fix all soon=) I'm not exactly having the best month, the hell of it whole year. I apologize for this bugs, there's a couple questions that I have to ask:

- Did you upgrade unity from 2.1 to 2.2? I just haven't installed 2.2 yet. And did you try it in an empty scene?
    - Didn't you put accidentally the plugin in the editor folder?

11. florian_d

florian_d

No worries: self care is more important than a couple of error message (well, at least for me)

I did upgrade to 18.2.2 fairly recently (as soon as it was out, I'd say), and haven't updated to 18.2.3 (which was released earlier last week I guess?). It started to happen after I did a couple of drastic change, with the goal of producing a build.
    - installed the Addressable preview package
    - migrated all data into addressable groups
    - fixed editor only code to their own stuff (some was still around)
    When I managed to make a complete build, the issue started.

I tried to repro with a fresh project, but it was not causing any issue; then I remarked that the plugin I had in my project was not matching the one in the bug repro-project. I'll give it another go and will update if I manage to narrow down the issue.

It's not over-urgent, I'm doing this on my spare time, and don't have a deadline. So, take care.

PS: btw, regarding installs and managing them, if you're not using the Unity HUB, you should. It's a fantastic tool.

12. mr_duke

mr_duke

Great. Thanks this is helpful!
    So, it seems that me need to test with addressable package ImprovedPrefabs Beta is on the list too^^

And thanks for the advice. I will notificate you in on all the details when i done.

13. florian_d

florian_d

Ok, I have a 100% repro

here's the key point i think:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Can't add script behaviour DescriptionHelper because it is an editor script. To attach a script it needs to be outside the 'Editor' folder.
    2. UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    3. EModules.EModulesInternal.M_Descript:InitializeDescriptions(Scene)
    4. EModules.EModulesInternal.M_Descript:des(Int32)
    5. EModules.EModulesInternal.MOI_Adapter:des(Scene)
    6. EModules.EModulesInternal.BottomInterface:GET_BOOKMARKS(List`1&, Scene)
    7. EModules.EModulesInternal.BottomInterface:RefreshMemCache(Scene)
    8. EModules.EModulesInternal.BottomInterface:Scene_RefreshGUIAndClearActions(Scene)
    9. EModules.EModulesInternal.BottomInterface:Updater()
    10. EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter:UpdateCb()
    11. UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

- Create a 2018.2.2 project (might be reproducible with previous versions)
    - Create an assembly definition file at any level that covers Hierarchy Pro
    - Give it a random name like "stuff"
    - Set the plugin to editor only like so
    upload_2018-8-15_19-9-48.png
    - Apply.

Everything should be working normally so far.
    - Change the name of the dll in the asmdef to Plugins
    upload_2018-8-15_19-10-56.png

- Apply
    upload_2018-8-15_19-11-26.png

I guess there's something with the name "plugins.dll" and/or something related to editor-only assemblies that makes it struggle a bit. The ability to save to the SaveData folder will surely address that issue.

I'm experimenting in my main project, and the only way to circumvent that behaviour was to add an asmdef for the plugin that covers "Editor" and any other platform (win64 in my case).

Cheers.

14. metroidsnes

metroidsnes

Hi, I get these errors when entering play mode on Unity 2018.2.2f1. Hierarchy PRO ver. 18.1-p2-u4. Is this related to Hierarchy PRO plugin?

15. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hey, yes, unfortunately, you are.

Only the next update will be fix that issues with 2018.2.2, it should be end of next week.

16. metroidsnes

metroidsnes

Hi, any news on the update?

17. AndreasO

AndreasO

Hi,

could we get configurable hotkeys for history selections? Actually, reversing the way the buttons are working right now would also be nice. It's totally irritating that the left arrow button is "forward" and the right arrow button "backwards".

upload_2018-10-28_7-11-11.png

I noticed a conflict with another asset. This plugin is using a namespace called "Hierarchy" and the other asset uses this name for a class. This is really unfortunate, I think, because it is not so unlikely to have a class with this name. I suggest using a namespace like your reversed domain name: store.emem.hierarchypro.

jeromeWork likes this.
  18. Larzarus

Larzarus

v18.1-p2-u4 is unhappy wit Unity 2018.3.0b11. Gives:

[Hierarchy Plugin] Method not found: 'UnityEditor.PrefabUtility.GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource'. at EModules.EModulesInternal.Hierarchy+M_Descript.des (Int32 sceneID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Hierarchy+MOI_Adapter.des (Scene scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter+BottomInterface.GET_BOOKMARKS (System.Collections.Generic.List`1& list, Scene scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter+BottomInterface.RefreshMemCache (Scene scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter+BottomInterface.Scene_RefreshGUIAndClearActions (Scene scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter+BottomInterface.Updater () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (at ?)
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.UpdateCb () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 (at ?)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object) (at ?) (at ?)
    EModules.EModulesInternal.<>c__DisplayClass0_0:<.ctor>b__0() (at ?)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions() (at ?)
    Not surprising given the large prefab changes in 2018.3. Hoping you have time to work on an update to support 2018.3

19. catfink

catfink

Having issues with it on unity 2018.2.17 - says reinstall plugin as it can't find the heirarchyeditor.data file - it looks like it's looking for it in the wrong directory

20. SnailWhale

SnailWhale

Hello, will there be support for 2018.3?

21. boysenberry

boysenberry

Hi there,

I am getting the following errors while trying to use Hierarchy PRO in Unity 2018.3.0f2:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.InitializeReflection () [0x0013f] in <25d7ce7c229d42178a62b7f1014021f9>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.Loopinit () [0x000d4] in <25d7ce7c229d42178a62b7f1014021f9>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.InitializateAdapter (System.String pluginname, System.Int32 pluginID) [0x0037c] in <25d7ce7c229d42178a62b7f1014021f9>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Initializator..cctor () [0x00104] in <25d7ce7c229d42178a62b7f1014021f9>:0
    UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:processInitializeOnLoadAttributes()

Exception thrown while invoking [DidReloadScripts] method 'EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter:static_Reload ()' : NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'EModules.EModulesInternal.Initializator' threw an exception.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'EModules.EModulesInternal.Initializator' threw an exception.

22. BTStone

BTStone

Also getting the same errors as boysenberry with Unity 2018.3.0f2:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.InitializeReflection () [0x0013f] in <d54f7efeb0384388920d55c4886c4aa4>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.Loopinit () [0x000d4] in <d54f7efeb0384388920d55c4886c4aa4>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.InitializateAdapter (System.String pluginname, System.Int32 pluginID) [0x0037c] in <d54f7efeb0384388920d55c4886c4aa4>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Initializator..cctor () [0x00104] in <d54f7efeb0384388920d55c4886c4aa4>:0
    UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:processInitializeOnLoadAttributes()

Exception thrown while invoking [DidReloadScripts] method 'EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter:static_Reload ()' : NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.InitializeReflection () (at <d54f7efeb0384388920d55c4886c4aa4>:0)
    EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.Loopinit () (at <d54f7efeb0384388920d55c4886c4aa4>:0)
    EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.InitializateAdapter (System.String pluginname, System.Int32 pluginID) (at <d54f7efeb0384388920d55c4886c4aa4>:0)
    EModules.EModulesInternal.Initializator..cctor () (at <d54f7efeb0384388920d55c4886c4aa4>:0)
    EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.static_Reload () (at <d54f7efeb0384388920d55c4886c4aa4>:0)

And in Hierarchy when I first select a GameObject and then the active scene in Hierarchy this error pops up:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.S_CH () (at <d54f7efeb0384388920d55c4886c4aa4>:0)
    EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.OnSelectionChanged () (at <d54f7efeb0384388920d55c4886c4aa4>:0)
    UnityEditor.Selection.Internal_CallSelectionChanged () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Selection.cs:15)

23. Abelius

Abelius

Hi there. It would be nice to have the possibility of auto-highlighting GameObjects depending on their tags.

I thought the Presets function would take care of that but it doesn't seem to be related.

24. chrisk

chrisk

Hi, I'm using Perforce source control and it always complains about conflict on Hierarchy.Settings file on submitting.
    I must resolve it before submitting and it really bothers me.
    I currently uninstalled it until it's addressed.
    Is there a way you can save it in the user folder?
    Thanks.

25. saxovr

saxovr

Hello I have download the latest build v20 and am running Unity 2018.3.6f on .net 4 framework and .net 4 api level. When I do a build I get this error in the editor console and it wont build. This seems like a pretty glaring error/issue!

I cant build. Please fix!!!

ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEditor is referenced by Hierarchy (MAYA outliner) Editor ('Assets/EModules/Hierarchy/SharedFolder/Hierarchy (MAYA outliner) Editor.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] cache, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:150)
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:190)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

26. mr_duke

mr_duke

Damn, Im sorry, not the best start, In my rush I forgot to change editor toggles for dll. Switch your toggles into this. o_O

upload_2019-2-21_16-14-0.png

27. saxovr

saxovr

Perfect. Will do. Thanks!

28. mr_duke

mr_duke

I want to ask for forgiveness, everybody, for acting like a .... and spent a long time updating that asset. I've been something like mild depressed before. Which, of course I could solved but gave up on it.
    Everything started with problems with my eyes, suddenly, on a day like any other, a blood vessels explode on the my retina. I didn't know whats happened I'm just woke up with a blind spots next to central sight. This is despite the fact that I was going to coding like, over 100 years old =) although now I got the self-confidence back. While, this is considered incurable, there're perspective directions of research in field. I am inclined to think that this is all because of I haven't been getting near enough sleep these past time, and had drank a lot of coffee.
    That night I stayed up till 10 am, had drank some 10 cups of coffee, ate 4 chocolates and fell asleep on my stomach in the middle of summer. Well, hopefully it a justification will help acquitting ourselves in the eyes of some owners of this assets.
    Okay, well, now that:

_______________________________New2019Update_______________________________________

- I am very sorry that it happened, the new version is available. And there's a an option to close the prefab edit mode by pressing esc.
    upload_2019-2-21_16-17-45.png

________________________HotKeys________________________________________________
    - In new 20.0 version the functions of the top menu have been moved to the 'HierarchyPro TopMenuItems And Hotkeys.cs' file, that allows to change hotkeys for menu items
    upload_2019-2-21_16-19-43.png

_________________________CacheAndDataInFolder_____________________________________

- Hello, I remember you were asking about saving scenes data to file to the assets folder, The new mode is available for the open source version, I apologize for so delayed, this is a very important function. Now I will start a new game and turn it on to identifying any gaps of current version, however for small tests, seems work great. Thanks. And 3 bucks because somehow, developer is irresponsible =)
    upload_2019-2-21_16-23-49.png

____________________________AutoHighLighter__________________________________________

- Hello, yes, a added this feature to the new v20.0 there're many variants to apply autamitized highlighter, contains equals startwith endwith, name and components, and in v20.2 I'll also add the ability to use a tag. And in v20.2 I'll I will add the ability to hide the right bar until the choose function key is pressed.
    upload_2019-2-21_16-26-30.png

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    tosiabunio likes this.
  29. chrisk

chrisk

So, what does this mean? The save the setting file to user folder will be available only on the open source version? This is a bug rather than a feature.

If so, what else are different between the two? except of course the sources codes.
    Thanks.

30. mr_duke

mr_duke

They're exactly the same

But in the OpenSource version
    - added ability to save the scene data to file to asset folder,
    - and added same extension for project view as bonus (but it is not yet fully integrated for large icons, earlier it was a separate asset, but has not been widespread), the most important is bookmarks for folders.

UPDATE:
    Agh, seems you mean Hierarchy.Settings for plugin not the ability to save scenes data to file. You can just drag the Settings file to another folder

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  31. chrisk

chrisk

Will it work if I move it outside of Asset folder?

If not, we need to figure out not to cause conflict.
    The conflict basically comes from having more than two users trying to modify the setting file and upload to the same repository.
    Unity Source Control is really stupid and it tries to add everything under the Asset folder automatically to the version control.

The simple solution is to save the user settings outside of the Asset folder.

Thanks.

32. mr_duke

mr_duke

No, I thought that it was possible to add a folder to asset that could be excluded from merging, it is really strange, although on the other hand, there're many solution for this.

I will try to either into the library folder or even into the root of the project, and I try to separate autohighlighter setting

Thanks for explaining this problem.

33. chrisk

chrisk

Thanks I'm looking forward to the next update.
    Cheers!

34. chrisk

chrisk

Hi, mr_duke, thanks for the update. The setting file doesn't seem to cause conflict now.
    I just start using it again and noticed some weird bug where Hierarchy Pro is causing conflict with Opsive UCC.
    Here is the stack trace where the unexpected call calls into UCC's DeserializeAbility and it's causing data corruption during Play.
    I'm not sure if it's a bug that Hierarchy Pro needs to fix or UCC's. Please let me know.

Thanks.

upload_2019-3-2_2-19-54.png

35. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hey. Thanks for reported about it! Yes, of course, this is a UCC bug, but I can also avoid hard undo perfomrming, it's my very very old sollution, I will fix it today, there are some additional updates too, so the new package will be available on Monday. Or if you want get update earlier, email me so I could send you the new dll

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  36. chrisk

chrisk

Cool. It's not so urgent and I'll wait for the new update. Thanks. ^^

37. florian_d

florian_d

Thanks for the updates. Not only on the asset, but also on the personal side. I'll repeat what I said in one of the previous messages, take care of yourself first; I sincerely hope you'll find the right balance will get better. A good programmer is a healthy one ;)

Cheers.

38. mr_duke

mr_duke

v20.4 includes everything that I wanted for v20.x, with the exception of a small detail; recompiling or changing scenes are accompanied by the disappearance of the interface for one frame. This problem started with 2017.4 but there're some interesting new fields in new 2018.3 hope that should help

Thank you very much for your kind message again:) and that are keep using hierarchy asset

39. Joseguepardo

Joseguepardo

I thank you a lot for keeping this asset alive, I use it in all my projects and it's just wonderful. I'm sorry to hear what you've been through, I also think what someone said before, your health and well being must come first :) And just a little opinion? I think that the price for this asset is far too low, I think it should be around 15-20 us, I would pay them happily :)

Cheers!

40. mr_duke

mr_duke

And thank you for keep using this asset. And if you want to support the asset, you can purchase the opensource version it will right around 20. Today recipe for my health is UV safety glasses, healthy 16/24 programming D and no more garbage food, coffee and tea

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  41. SnailWhale

SnailWhale

Hello, I have a problem after the last update, does not display the contents of prefabs and then breaks the display of all scenes until you restart the scene! Unity 2018.3.6f1.
    Hierarchy PRO - Auto HighLighter.
    current ver. v20.4E.

42. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hello, Thanks, may you help tracking me this problem? Could you contact me by mail, or explain here how i can reproduce this issues? upload_2019-3-7_10-43-41.png

43. SnailWhale

SnailWhale

The problem is when we open the prefab. Below is an example:
    Screenshot at Mar 07 15-07-25.png
    This normal prefab, when off Hierarchy PRO.

Next, turn on Hierarchy PRO, open our prefab by clicking on the arrow on the right.
    Screenshot at Mar 07 15-07-56.png
    Shows that the prefab is empty inside, then go to any scene, they are also empty until you restart Hierarchy PRO. Screenshot at Mar 07 15-08-10.png
    This is normal scene, when off Hierarchy PRO

Screenshot at Mar 07 15-17-51.png
    It started after some of the latest updates.
    Mac OS. Mojave v. 10.14.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  44. mr_duke

mr_duke

Thank you so much i don't even know how i missed it. You may mail me and I'll sent you new update, or you can wait until tomorow ~11-12am

45. SnailWhale

SnailWhale

Not critical, I'll wait until tomorrow. Thanks for the quick response!)

46. SnailWhale

SnailWhale

I also asked long about the play mode Keeper, did, implement the saving data between scenes?

47. mr_duke

mr_duke

Well, I don't rightly know... maybe... probably not.

Do you mean that if you are going to playmode, then making changes then loading another scene then doing other changes then loading another scene, and when you stoping playing, each opened scene should be open again and reproduce all cahnges? (Although I thinks I'll add such feature, but it will be an additional option, because it need to open all the scenes again)

48. SnailWhale

SnailWhale

Yes.

49. mr_duke

mr_duke

Unfortunately, not yet, Although I thinks I'll add such feature, but it will be an additional option, because it need to open all the scenes again, but the data keeper logics allows to add ability to persist data for different scenes at the same time, It could already doing exactly that, but only apply changes for scenes opened before start of the playing mode. Oh, it will not be an additional option, it will be a dialog window's question after stopping the play mode, if changes are made in different scenes.

But first there will be an update for initialization, I will need to somehow dig the new unity settings to understand what can I do to eliminate delays

50. ch1ky3n

ch1ky3n

it happens when building for Android
    Try to change the Hierarchy Maya Outliner according to above screenshot, still happens

ArgumentException: The Assembly UnityEditor is referenced by Hierarchy (MAYA outliner) Handler ('Assets/EModules/Hierarchy/SharedFolder/Hierarchy (MAYA outliner) Handler.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found.
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.AddReferencedAssembliesRecurse (System.String assemblyPath, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] alreadyFoundAssemblies, System.String[] allAssemblyPaths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] cache, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:150)
    UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.FindAssembliesReferencedBy (System.String[] paths, System.String[] foldersToSearch, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/AssemblyHelper.cs:190)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)