Search Unity

[ 2021 ] Hierarchy Pro - Auto HighLighter

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mr_duke, Jul 2, 2017.

?

What kind of updates would you like to see for this assets?

1. update for highlighter (interface, features)

2. update for bookmarks (interface, features)

3. update for project view (revert bottom, other features)

4. update for top bar (position, features)

5. update for right mods (display style, additional mods)

6. other update (type what kind)

7. fix bugs (type what kind of bugs)

8. less price

9. video tutoriasls, reviews

10. site, help page, wiki page, documentations, etc

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. musolo

musolo

Hi!
    Love your asset but can`t use it with 5.6 version.
    Could you advice how to fix that?
    If there`s no way ...
    Can you share a link to compatible version please.
    Or if anybody has version that will work with 5.6 please share it.
    Thanks!

2. mr_duke

mr_duke

v22.1 (1 august 2019)
    NEW:
    - Ability to use hierarchy with unity 5.6
    - New perfomance improvments for 2019.1 and newer
    - New smooth initialization for 2019.2, about as good as in 5.6 it was
    - Feature to save data in external folder instead scene cache for $5 version, that uses a new complicated caching behaviour to avoid unity's store data limitations
    important fixes:
    - fixed auto expanding when hierarchy searching
    - fixed slowdown when hierarchy searching

3. SkySupra

SkySupra

Hello, I updated Unity 2017 to 2019.2 and hierarchy. Tab "hierarchy" has not changed (except for small icons) and when creating objects I get errors. if I delete the EModules folder, then at the time of compilation I see hierarchy pro.
    What to do?

upload_2019-8-20_23-53-13.png upload_2019-8-21_0-7-44.png

4. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hello,

please try to update asset in the asset window, there are different packages for 5.6, 2017, 2018.1 or 2018.3 and above.

I submited a new version 22.3 last week, but for some strange reason it’s still not available yet.

removing, you can read how to remove the plugin in the preferences/hierarchy pro/cache tab you can also use the external folder function to prevent storing additional data in scenes.

and yet, you can turn off the bottom bar, this helps, and also you may mail me and I send you 22.3

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  5. nadhimali

nadhimali

Your new Updates destroys the plugin completely in 2018.4.f1.
    I tried everything and it is unstable at all and fires many errors.
    the plugin fails to launch and if you reset the settings it works and after awhile fires new errors and stop working
    please send me a link to old version, i don't want this version.

see my video and error log

Video

Error log

[Hierarchy Plugin] DrawModuleError Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. at System.Reflection.MonoProperty.GetValue (System.Object obj, System.Object[] index) [0x00089] in <d7ac571ca2d04b2f981d0d886fa067cf>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.get_WINBORDER () [0x00052] in <1dfd49efbcd04feeaf495f1ae91334ff>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.get_MAX_WINDOW_HEIGHT () [0x00000] in <1dfd49efbcd04feeaf495f1ae91334ff>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.MousePos.WidnwoRect (System.Nullable`1[T] _mouse, System.Single width, System.Single height, EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter adapter, System.Nullable`1[T] savePosition) [0x00194] in <1dfd49efbcd04feeaf495f1ae91334ff>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.MousePos.GetRect () [0x00017] in <1dfd49efbcd04feeaf495f1ae91334ff>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal._W___IWindow.private_Init (EModules.EModulesInternal.MousePos inrect, System.Type type, EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter adapter, System.String title, System.Nullable`1[T] minSize, System.Nullable`1[T] maxSize, System.Boolean utils, System.Boolean useAnim) [0x000cf] in <1dfd49efbcd04feeaf495f1ae91334ff>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.M_Colors_Window.Init (EModules.EModulesInternal.MousePos rect, System.String title, System.Action`2[T1,T2] _SetIconImage, UnityEngine.Texture _GetTexture, System.Action`2[T1,T2] _SetHiglightColor, System.Func`1[TResult] _GetHiglightColor, System.Action`2[T1,T2] _SetIconColor, System.Func`1[TResult] _GetIconColor, EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter+HierarchyObject _source, EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter inadapter) [0x000c1] in <1dfd49efbcd04feeaf495f1ae91334ff>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter+M_Colors.Draw (UnityEngine.Rect selectionRect, EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter+HierarchyObject __o) [0x009ee] in <1dfd49efbcd04feeaf495f1ae91334ff>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.DrawModules (EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter+HierarchyObject o, UnityEngine.Rect selectionRect, UnityEngine.Rect fadeRect) [0x00063] in <1dfd49efbcd04feeaf495f1ae91334ff>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.Drawing (EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter+HierarchyObject o, UnityEngine.Rect selectionRect) [0x0044d] in <1dfd49efbcd04feeaf495f1ae91334ff>:0
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    EModules.EModulesInternal.<>c__DisplayClass0_0:<.ctor>b__0()
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

Edit

After Upgreading to 2019.2.3f1 the issues still exist. it works for a while then fires the same error

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    AGregori likes this.
  6. mr_duke

mr_duke

I'm sorry you're having problems, please send your invoice number to support@emem.store to get a link to the previous version

7. AGregori

AGregori

What's up with this?.. Latest update, breaks all in scene:

[Hierarchy Plugin] DrawModuleError Object reference not set to an instance of an object at EModules.EModulesInternal.Hierarchy+M_CustomIcons.DrawIcon (UnityEngine.GameObject o, UnityEngine.Rect drawRect) [0x000db] in <1dfd49efbcd04feeaf495f1ae91334ff>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Hierarchy+M_CustomIcons.MonDrawer (UnityEngine.Component[] cc) [0x00217] in <1dfd49efbcd04feeaf495f1ae91334ff>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Hierarchy+M_CustomIcons._REDRAW (UnityEngine.Component[] comps, UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour[] monocomps) [0x00580] in <1dfd49efbcd04feeaf495f1ae91334ff>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Hierarchy+M_CustomIcons.Draw (UnityEngine.Rect _drawRect, EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter+HierarchyObject _o) [0x005c8] in <1dfd49efbcd04feeaf495f1ae91334ff>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.DrawModules (EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter+HierarchyObject o, UnityEngine.Rect selectionRect, UnityEngine.Rect fadeRect) [0x0012d] in <1dfd49efbcd04feeaf495f1ae91334ff>:0
    at EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.Drawing (EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter+HierarchyObject o, UnityEngine.Rect selectionRect) [0x0044d] in <1dfd49efbcd04feeaf495f1ae91334ff>:0
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    EModules.EModulesInternal.<>c__DisplayClass0_0:<.ctor>b__0()
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

8. mr_duke

mr_duke

I apologize for the inconvenience. It seems the some specific windows that I do not use throwing the exeption when calculating size I have added additional validation to calculation method. New 2019.3p1 should be available soon. Thank you for reporting this! If the update does not help, please contact me again.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  9. mr_duke

mr_duke

I apologize for the inconvenience. The problem occurs when the on/off or all-in-one icons are used. I fixed it. New 2019.3p1 should be available soon. Thank you for reporting this!

AGregori likes this.
  10. umair21

umair21

Am I the only one facing Play mode persist issue? There's no Play mode persist button in hierarchy.
    It's enabled from settings and everywhere that I could activate. I am using it in Unity 2018.4.3f1.
    What's the fix for this?

Hierarchy PRO.PNG

11. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hello,

upload_2019-9-6_8-43-50.png

Please try to pull this icon, think it should help

12. umair21

umair21

CAN'T PULL IT FURTHER. :)
    No success.

Hierarchy PRO 2.PNG

13. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hmm... Well, that's just unexpected and weird. It'll take me a little while to dig more about this. And please, if you can, upload a file with your exported editor settings, maybe it could help me, if you don't, that's okay, too..

14. mr_duke

mr_duke

If you have opensource you may try to find Hierarhy_Updater.cs and replace
    Code (CSharp):
    1.             new M_PlayModeKeeper(START_W, -1, false, HierarchyAdapterInstance)
    with
    Code (CSharp):
    1.             new M_PlayModeKeeper(START_W, -1, true, HierarchyAdapterInstance)
    ~375 line
    Apparently, under certain conditions, the keeper is not displayed, I fixed some ifs and new update should be available on Monday.

15. mr_duke

mr_duke

Fixed. Thanks, it helped to find the problem, because It worked fine for me and diplayed normal also.

Update:
    But there seems to be a new problem with the expanding for some versions, to fix this it now, you may turn off the new child grouping for highlighter (A very useful feature I wanted to add more than a year ago), I will try to send the new version today

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    umair21 likes this.
  16. umair21

umair21

Thanks alot. New update fixed it. :D
    I must say again, THE BEST HIERARCHY ASSET on the asset store is this. Not "One of the best", It is the best one seriously and for the price of $5, it's almost like free asset if we look for features. :D
    Saved me 100s of hours and 1000s of clicks and still saving. :D

oxysofts and mr_duke like this.
  17. Scyra

Scyra

I'm getting the UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.IsItemDragSelectedOrSelected error in 2019.2.3. The bottom bar is not enabled. The error happens when going to Play Mode; not always, but once it starts, restarting Unity is the only way to get rid of it. Well, I've been using the asset for a couple weeks now and I find it absolutely indespensable...hopefully you can stay ahead of the bugs. Good luck!

18. mr_duke

mr_duke

Damn it again
    this bug
    Thanks, you can scrolling the mouse wheel, it should help
    Now, I'm going to check whats happened, why it began again, just only update the 2019.2 version

Update:
    There was neither any exeption while the bottom bar were turned on. But when I disabled bottom bar I was getting exeptions every time when I started playing mode.

Can you turn on the bottom bar and minimize it, If you don't intend to use it?
    upload_2019-9-18_22-9-11.png

I’ll try to update the asset today, there seems to be a mix-up with some fixing functions

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  19. Scyra

Scyra

Good job, that fixed it.

20. starfoxy

starfoxy

Throwing various errors for me in Unity 2019.3.04b when imported into a totally new project. Anyone else?

21. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hi, thank you for purchase, please try a new update, this may be related to the namespace in the registrator.cs file, if the last update doesn’t solve the problem please write the exactly which error did you get

22. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Question: I just set up Unity 2019.2.10f1 and installed the latest update of the asset 2019.3p8.
    But I do not have the button to Enable-Disable GameObject anymore.
    I don't know if this is a change with the update, but this little feature I use the most as it save tremendous time during design. This is my favorite feature and my biggest time saver.

How do I get this back?
    I've reinstalled it 3 times, I've check the website and it is listed as the first feature.
    In fact, I don't have any check boxes like before, just headers?? H-PRO buttons missing.JPG

23. mr_duke

mr_duke

Hello, Sorry that you are having issues, buttons migrated to the left
    upload_2019-10-31_14-26-16.png

--

You can change it back in the settings:
    upload_2019-10-31_14-33-0.png
    or in the drop-down menu:
    upload_2019-10-31_14-33-4.png

--

I'd kind of like to improve buttons style, but I cannot know what may have the solution as yet.

During the 2019 unity version, hierarchy window has a large dark indent at the left and right prefab buttons also take up space, and seems, there is no way to place setactive buttons so that do not overload the interface

--

And I recommend updating to 2019.3p11 if you'll use left style, there's a fix for buttons size for left style.
    There're problems with publishing and the $5 hierarchy did not update for 10 days, the update should already be available

dsilverthorn likes this.
  24. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Thanks! I'll give those suggestions a try and check to see if the update is available.
    I saw the left button but it did not seem to deactivate objects, just hide them.
    I'll get the update and let you know if I have any issues. I really liked the old version that allowed a drag down to deactivate many at once. The version I'm using does not seem to do that, but I'll try again with thew update.
    Thanks for letting me know, I missed that change in the update document.
    I really love the ease of use your assets provide!
    I wish I had discovered them sooner! ;) It has really sped up my work.

Thank you for providing your assets at very reasonable prices. As a solo artist I don't have a large budget, so you have saved me in many ways. Keep up the good work!!!

25. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

That did the trick!
    I appreciate the directions! Great support as usual.
    I see what you mean about the look of the buttons, but they do still work and function is more important than looks in the long run.

26. profuzzy

profuzzy

Stexe likes this.
  27. zKici

zKici

I don't think author is around anymore. My emails since Nov 18th are still not being answered....

I'm running into issues (likely because I have 2 project window folders open?)

The highlighted color does not work on both windows, or other options within the project window.

Once I close one of them I get this error:

ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: 127
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryInsert (TKey key, TValue value, System.Collections.Generic.InsertionBehavior behavior) (at <e1319b7195c343e79b385cd3aa43f5dc>:0)
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value) (at <e1319b7195c343e79b385cd3aa43f5dc>:0)
    EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.bakewin (System.Boolean brakable) (at Assets/EModules/Hierarchy And Project Editor Dll Source/Source Dll/_COMMON/_1_ Initialize/_1_ Window Initializator.cs:533)
    EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.BACK_WIN () (at Assets/EModules/Hierarchy And Project Editor Dll Source/Source Dll/_COMMON/_1_ Initialize/_1_ Window Initializator.cs:419)
    EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.m_Main (EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter+HierarchyObject o, UnityEngine.Rect selectionrect) (at Assets/EModules/Hierarchy And Project Editor Dll Source/Source Dll/_COMMON/_5_ Draw/_4_ _ OnGUIDraw.cs:554)
    EModules.EModulesInternal.Adapter.hier_Main (System.Int32 instanceid, UnityEngine.Rect selectionrect) (at Assets/EModules/Hierarchy And Project Editor Dll Source/Source Dll/_COMMON/_1_ Initialize/_1_ Window Initializator.cs:77)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchy.OnRowGUICallback (System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.Rect rect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchy.cs:628)
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.DoItemGUI (UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewItem item, System.Int32 row, System.Single rowWidth, System.Boolean hasFocus) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:501)
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.IterateVisibleItems (System.Int32 firstRow, System.Int32 numVisibleRows, System.Single rowWidth, System.Boolean hasFocus) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:692)
    UnityEditor.IMGUI.Controls.TreeViewController.OnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect rect, System.Int32 keyboardControlID) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/TreeView/TreeViewController.cs:595)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchy.DoTreeView (System.Single searchPathHeight) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchy.cs:744)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchy.OnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect rect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchy.cs:577)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchyWindow.DoSceneHierarchy () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchyWindow.cs:149)
    UnityEditor.SceneHierarchyWindow.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneHierarchyWindow.cs:133)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <e1319b7195c343e79b385cd3aa43f5dc>:0)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at <e1319b7195c343e79b385cd3aa43f5dc>:0)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at <e1319b7195c343e79b385cd3aa43f5dc>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:342)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:336)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:310)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect, System.Boolean customBorder, System.Boolean floatingWindow, System.Boolean isBottomTab) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:361)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:320)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:266)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:438)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:412)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.ImmediateStylePainter.DrawImmediate (System.Action callback) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/ImmediateStylePainter.cs:113)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoRepaint (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IStylePainter painter) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:98)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement.Repaint (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IStylePainter painter) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualElement.cs:862)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.PaintSubTree (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 offset, System.Boolean shouldClip, System.Boolean shouldCache, UnityEngine.Rect currentGlobalClip) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:310)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.PaintSubTreeChildren (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 offset, System.Boolean shouldClip, System.Boolean shouldCache, UnityEngine.Rect textureClip) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:328)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.PaintSubTree (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 offset, System.Boolean shouldClip, System.Boolean shouldCache, UnityEngine.Rect currentGlobalClip) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:314)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.Update () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeRepaintUpdater.cs:35)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater.UpdateVisualTree () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/VisualTreeUpdater.cs:70)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/Panel.cs:507)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:230)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/UIElementsUtility.cs:68)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:179)

When I close both and open only 1 it works...

Is this a limitation or a bug? Can it be fixed?

Hopefully he comes back around...

28. chrisk

chrisk

Hi, I have a small request.
    The cache files are saved to Asset folder and it's causing unnecessary check-in/out to the source control, thus some slow down.
    Can you please make an option to save the file outside of Asset folder? somewhere in Library folder(temp?) would be fine.
    Thanks.

29. SionSavior

SionSavior

It seems.. Site, Docu, Wiki, Manual everything is down ... to bad.. and i bought this ..

ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED

30. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

31. AGregori

AGregori

@dsilverthorn probably no need for a PM anymore, the dev is gone. He's finally given up trying to make Hierarchy Pro fully compatible with 2019.3, no updates for 3 months now.
    It's still worth $5 in an abandoned form, just be prepared that it may be deprecated soon.

32. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

@Gregorik
    I sent him an email just asking if he was still working on any of his assets, but no answer yet.

Shows he was online this week though.
    mr_duke was last seen:
    Wednesday at 9:29 AM

I'll have to look for a new solution when 2019.3 is finally fully released and I switch to it. It's still working great on 2019.2. I have definitely gotten my money's worth out of it. No complaints here.

33. AGregori

AGregori

That's the point, the dev simply opted out of his assets -- while still present on the forums. Happens all the time, and it's wrong. Can't do anything about it though.
    This is probably gonna be deprecated, and the last version will be compromised when 2019.3 final comes out.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  34. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Yep.
    Time to start looking for another solution.

35. Stexe

Stexe

Any updates? It seems like the developer deprecated one version and hasn't done much in updating the other one.

Is there a way to upgrade without re-purchasing the whole asset over? Any other information about Unity 2019.3 support?

36. AGregori

AGregori

@Stexe: developer is gone. I think he didn't deprecate the other version yet so that interested users can take advantage of the included source code.
    Disappearing without an announcement is bad form, but happens here all the time. These are amateur devs, doing this in their spare time (like most of us). They have no patience or skill for PR.

Stexe likes this.
  37. Stexe

Stexe

I'm an indie dev, but that doesn't mean I have no patience or skill for PR. Same with a lot of the Unity Asset creators out there. But yeah, it is bad form on what has happened. Shame too, since I really liked this asset. Guess it is time to find a replacement. Looks like QHierarchy is also radio silence now... so maybe Enhanced Hierarchy 2?

38. AGregori

AGregori

@Stexe final version works surprisingly well on 2019.3 for now, but I do expect it to break soon enough. Yeah, it prolly has to be Enhanced Hierarchy, it's the last man standing.

Stexe likes this.
  39. Stexe

Stexe

I'm still using Hierarchy Pro in 2019.3, but there are some issues. Primarily, UI issues I've been running into that some minor tweaks could really improve. But a few other minor things.

Just wish that they'd update it for the new UI and support 2019.3 at least before considering deprecating. But oh well. Wish someone would take the charge and create a good hierarchy asset as Enhanced Hierarchy 2.0 looks good, but doesn't look as feature rich as QHierarchy or Hierarchy Pro.

40. Abelius

Abelius

Not even the website is working. He really wanted to disappear from the world without giving any explanations. Pitiful.

Anyway, does someone knows of a plugin that can just highlight Hierarchy items and save components at runtime? That's the only use I had for this.

Stexe likes this.
  41. AGregori

AGregori

The same happened to like 4 other assets I bought in the past year or two.
    These are amateur devs who enter the rat race of asset creation naively. When they realize that they're not gonna make a killing and they need to provide daily support, they bail.

Stexe likes this.
  42. Stexe

Stexe

I mean, I don't blame them for not providing daily support. Just wish they'd more gracefully wind down support and deprecate stuff. That's all.

43. snowcult

snowcult

Deprecated it and then re-released it for more money. Ouch. That's disappointing.

nadhimali likes this.
  44. zKici

zKici

As a different developer name or what?

I don't see the new release under his current account.

45. umair21

umair21

46. zKici

zKici

Ah, yeah thats the one I had, it's been on there for sometime now, likely just a matter of time till this one also gets deprecated.

47. AGregori

AGregori

No, it wasn't re-released, it's the same old version from Oct waiting to be deprecated. This developer is a goner.

48. Abelius

Abelius

Anyway, I've just realized this thing was taking up a lot of CPU when you colorize a game object.

Will probably switch to Rainbow Hierarchy 2 (just) for that, but I'm worried it also makes Unity to crawl. It seems this happens to every dev that has tried... o_O

49. TextusGames

TextusGames

It looked very good. I wanted to buy this but if there will be no support I will not.

50. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

No support
    The dev has moved on.
    It’s a great help and ashame that it will not be updated

TextusGames likes this.