Search Unity

[RELEASED] Hierarchy 2 - Improve Your Workflow

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TruongNguyenTungDuy, Apr 24, 2020.

1. TruongNguyenTungDuy

TruongNguyenTungDuy

CoverImage 1950x1300.png

You can get it FREE from Asset Store

Join Discord

If you run into any problems or if you have any questions or an idea to improve it, feel free to contact me or comment on this post.

dark.png light.png

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  2. S4UC1SS0N

S4UC1SS0N

I'm having a hard time clicking on this menu :

upload_2020-4-25_23-17-53.png

The right part disapear quite often when i mouse over it.

Also, i can't find how to create a "category" yet.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    TruongNguyenTungDuy likes this.
  3. TruongNguyenTungDuy

TruongNguyenTungDuy

Hi S4UC1SS0N, thanks for your report.

I have found the issue here, it's because ~1 pixel between 2 popup, if mouse move not fast enough, it will enter the mask (Orange area) and will trigger an event to turn off popup. I will fix it in the next update.
    upload_2020-4-25_23-17-53.png

4. S4UC1SS0N

S4UC1SS0N

Glad to hear you found a fix !

Sorry about my misleading second question, i was talking about those :

upload_2020-4-26_11-4-18.png

Also :
    • I need to restart Untiy to apply the color changes i do in the plugin settings.
    • I use a darker grey when my Editor is playing, but the hierarchy color stay bright.

5. TruongNguyenTungDuy

TruongNguyenTungDuy

Naming your object with "$h" prefix. Example: "$hMain", "$hENVIRONMENT", "$hUI". :)

Layer 1.png

I guess you change the "Selection Color" of hierarchy, right? If so, you must make the editor re-compile script for it to take effect. By selecting any script, right click -> Reimport. it will force the editor to recompile. Because to change selection color, i need to override selection style of hierarchy.

Ah, That because the row "background", you can fix it by turn off "Display RowBackground".I missed the case that a user change Playmode Tint color, maybe i will add more option to disable row background in playmode and color of row background in play mode.
    The green area, I will fix it in the next update. :)

Capture.png

6. S4UC1SS0N

S4UC1SS0N

Thanks a lot for your tips ! :)

7. nsfnotthrowingaway

nsfnotthrowingaway

Hello. Is it possible to enable/disable from straight from the hierarchy? Like a visibility icon I can click without having to select the object first?

8. TruongNguyenTungDuy

TruongNguyenTungDuy

Did you mean quick set "active" or "inactive" of your object from the hierarchy without select it first? If so, you can simple do that by hover mouse over object name area and click middle mouse. I'm also added it to the documentation as well.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    nsfnotthrowingaway likes this.
  9. netpost

netpost

Thank you for this nice little asset! It will be really useful. Can you explain what is M2 click and M3 click? When I use the middle mouse click it seems to work fine , I can also left click but right clicking opens the contextual menu but I don't have access to the editing.

I really like to midde click to open the quick inspector but sometime it will keep the last component and add the new one, other time it replace the component and I can not open multiple components at the same time. Am I doing someting wrong?

Also is there a shortcut to close the quick inspector window?

I am using Unity 2019.3.1

Thanks again and congratulations for your nice asset!

10. TruongNguyenTungDuy

TruongNguyenTungDuy

Hi netpost, :)

M2 click is right mouse, M3 click is middle mouse.
    That's right, the middle mouse is used to open the Instant Inspector, the right mouse button displays the component context menu.
    There is no shortcut to close Instant Inspector.
    If you only use the middle mouse, the Instant Inspector will only show a list of the components you have selected and the component you middle-click on it (whether or not it has been selected).
    Example: You have selected 3 components: BoxCollider, MeshRenderer and Direction Light. Then you use the middle mouse on the Camera component (without selecting it) to open Instant Inspector. Instant Inspector will now have 4 components: BoxCollider, MeshRenderer, Direction Light and Camera.
    Close the Instant Inspector and the entire component list on it will be removed as well.
    If your Instant Inspector is open, and you use the middle mouse as above, it will replace all components on the Instant Inspector with the same rules I mentioned above. In this case, if you want to add a list of the components you have just selected and the component you middle-click on it (whether or not it has been selected) without losing existing components on the Instant Inspector (Instant Inspector is still open), use alt + middle mouse. I forgot to mention this in the documentation.:)

11. netpost

netpost

Thank you so much!

12. digiwombat

digiwombat

Hey, love the asset! One thing I'd like to see is the ability to use * wildcards for Component Display Mode filter box

So *Transform would get both Transform and RectTransform or SomeScript_* would get all scripts starting with SomeScript_

13. TruongNguyenTungDuy

TruongNguyenTungDuy

It is a good idea, I will think about it. :)

14. dre788

dre788

Hey, this is a nice asset. Could you add the ability to double click on an hierarchy object to expand/collapse it? Also, maybe the ability to set color to individual hierarchy objects?

15. TruongNguyenTungDuy

TruongNguyenTungDuy

Yes, you can set color to individual hierarchy object.
    Also, Take a look to the documentation file in Hierarchy 2 folder for more detail.

upload_2020-5-29_19-18-27.png

16. Szaruga

Szaruga

Nice asset, but there is no automatic coloring with different colors of individual branches of the hierarchy, e.g. --->
    2020-06-11_21-14-44.png

17. seldemirov

seldemirov

Thank you for this asset. This is great! The solution with the middle mouse button is very good.
    Now, to give up another asset hierarchy, I only need the ability to open or close a branch with a double click.

18. S4UC1SS0N

S4UC1SS0N

TruongNguyenTungDuy likes this.
  19. TruongNguyenTungDuy

TruongNguyenTungDuy

Quite a good idea I will consider it. And yes, I'm still working on it, this is my essential tool at work. I will still optimize and fix bugs and make sure it works with newer versions, if necessary in my spare time. You can join the discord because I'm usually more active on it. The project is already public on github, usually a patch or feature will be available sooner than on the store. ;)

20. S4UC1SS0N

S4UC1SS0N

I'm a bit late (1 year i know) but thanks for adding my suggestion !

21. ethanicus

ethanicus

I'm not sure if this addon is still being worked on, but I second the wildcard idea. My objects tend to have lots of scripts and they sort of flood out of the box.

upload_2022-5-13_23-6-33.png

Perhaps outside wildcards, it could be another display option to hide or stack scripts or components that share an icon, with a little number showing how many.

22. TestOneDev

TestOneDev

Unfortunately the publisher account is not there anymore and Hierarchy 2 is gone - unless you purchased it prior to deprecation. Too bad - really like that tool and with time I assume it will not work properly anymore.