Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] HereVR Race Scene Packs

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by HereVR, Jul 22, 2014.

1. HereVR

HereVR

NEWS: The Unity 5 Beta version of the Pit Garage Pack is out! Import it to an empty project first as always!:)

EDIT: it seems they sent the mail before the server was refreshed. So it should be out in any minutes:)))

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  2. DiegoAtaqueEnLongBeach

DiegoAtaqueEnLongBeach

Hi. I decided to buy your asset... It is an A++ Asset.

The only issue I find, is maybe you should have a High poly and Low poly inventory, so people can just drag from the low poly inventory and make a quick track without having to change al the tiles when you are done...

Other than that... A++

HereVR likes this.
  3. HereVR

HereVR

Thank you very much for buying it and I'm really that you like it!
    Related to the separate LOW/HIGH inventory:
    The 'combined' solution had 2 reasons:
    - speed up track design for developers who would like to release the game on multiple platforms
    - LOD usage possibility without searching for the required components

I wish great success for your game!

PS: I just checked, Pit Garage Pack for Unity 5 is out finally, now with 2K textures!

4. Assets-Reporter

Assets-Reporter

HereVR likes this.
  5. HereVR

HereVR

6. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Friends!

As a celebration for the 1st year anniversary, there is a massive (60-70%) discount on HereVR Race Scene packs for a limited time!
    Thanks for everyone who purchased HereVR models, now you could get the missing ones!
    • Vehicle Pack 01. (link)
    • Vehicle Pack 02. (link)
    • Pit Garage Pack 01. (link)
    • RaceTrack Pack 01. (link)

Maxxamillion likes this.
  7. hopeful

hopeful

Just wanted to say that this current sale is a really, really nice one! I'm not making a racing game, but I'm still thinking of picking up some of this. :)

HereVR likes this.
  8. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Hopeful, thanks for your words!
    If I may suggest, do not hesitate as no sales like this is planned for these assets in the future! :)

9. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Too bad, i already own all this assets :D

10. hopeful

hopeful

Last night I picked up the garage and the race track, and I already have car set 1 from an earlier sale.

I'm either going to use this as background props here and there, or I'll eventually do a scene revolving around a race. Maybe both. ;)

HereVR likes this.
  11. HereVR

HereVR

Dear b4c5p4c4,

I'm thinking since a while how to 'reward' my very loyale customers and you could be sure I will come out with something useful for you and everyone else who put their trust to HereVR assets!

Thanks again!

Maxxamillion likes this.
  12. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Hopeful, thank you!;)

13. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion

Thank you for the sale! Proud owner of the Pit Garage Pack, now I own all your race assets! Looking forward to see what you release in the future.

HereVR likes this.
  14. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Maxxamillion! Welcome and thanks for buying it!
    After finishing the stuff I working on there will be a pilot/staff pack, another racecar and a kart race pack.

Maxxamillion likes this.
  15. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Guys,

I need a little help from you.
    Since the start I got several mails that if it is possible to use my car models in games without having problem with the copyright. I answered that as I design the cars myself (they are not 'replicas' of existing cars designed by manufacturers), customers could use them without problem.

I wrote mails to Unity to clarify licenses, offer an 'Editorial license' for 'replicas' (as it is industry standard in the stock market), but I never get answered related to this questions. Still day by day I see models what couldn't be used by the customers, but they still ship as 'royalty free' stuff, not even following the AS's own rules (no branded items).

I bought items in the AS what had these problems.

There is another aspect: as you all know to make a 'replica' is far-far faster and easier than design something from the start: 'original' models require studying, planning, sketching, understanding. Without clarifying the difference between 'original design' and 'replica' it makes hard to compete on the same market, in the same price range.

So I would like to make an 'Open letter' for Unity to clarify these things.
    It is very important: it is not against Unity, not against other publishers.
    It is for you - the customers - and for 'original asset' creators.

Would you support these kind of clarification?

Thanks

Tom

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  16. hopeful

hopeful

Some customers want to publish games where they are assured there will be no copyright dispute. Other customers don't care about that. I think that's the bottom line.

I'm in the first group. I want to publish and not have to worry about a model violating a copyright.

EDIT: Probably the easiest way to handle it is to have those asset creators who are making original art say so as part of their advertising.

HereVR likes this.
  17. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Hopeful,

and what do you think about this 'Editorial license' option? I mean it could solve almost all of the issues without any harm done to anybody.

18. missfortune

missfortune

I agree 100% with you, but i think contacting Unity for this things is almost a complete waste of time.

As you said they will never give you a direct answer, maybe if you can get many people to talk about the problem in the forums one of them will appear saying something like ...."we are really looking to solve this, be patient"... dissapear and in the end the problem will continue.

But anyway you have my support on this.

HereVR likes this.
  19. HereVR

HereVR

Thank you, Missfortune!

It is bad to hear that it is not only my experience with Unity, related to problem-handling; I even contacted the 'boss' multiple times, but she never answered to license/copyright questions.
    That is why I decided to make it 'public'. I will let you know when the thread becomes alive, thanks for your support!

20. hopeful

hopeful

Well ... my impression is that the asset store struggles with their mission as it is, and they probably don't want to make their job any harder. People are trying to use Unity to sell stolen assets, broken assets, and all kinds of stuff, where Unity has a higher priority and obligation to police it. If Unity goes with the editorial license policy (not sure I understand this correctly, btw), is this going to put fault on Unity if something is declared free of copyright violation when it is actually in violation?

My impression is that Unity would rather let the customer and vendor work it out, and not get in the middle of it. If customers want copyright free assets, those are the ones they will buy. Other customers don't care and are happy to get nice models that are replicas.

I have, btw, seen at least one thread that I can recall where poster after poster badgered the asset creator over what they believed were copyright violations on his models. I'm not sure they were correct, but it shows that if there is an interest on the part of customers, they will post in the forum about it (if the asset has a forum thread) and also not purchase (or cancel sales / get refunds) on items where they perceive a copyright violation.

21. HereVR

HereVR

' If Unity goes with the editorial license policy (not sure I understand this correctly, btw), is this going to put fault on Unity if something is declared free of copyright violation when it is actually in violation'

It would make their life easier. Editorial license is for everything what related to design by a 3rd party/license holder and the publisher does not own the rights of it. As an example, with Editorial license I would have the chance to make 'replicas' of real F1 cars (just idea, I'm fine with designing my own cars), but the customer should have to deal with the rights (permissions) from the license holder if he would like to use it commercially. And it is declared for the customer, no misleading info with the 'royalty free' approach.

What happens actually is: customer thinks he buys a commercial license, while he is not (as the asset publisher does not own the rights to sell the asset with royalty free license).

'My impression is that Unity would rather let the customer and vendor work it out, and not get in the middle of it.'

Unity is exactly in the middle of it right now as only offers (forces) 'royalty free license' for their vendors and customers, while they both know it is false approach in practice.

'If customers want copyright free assets, those are the ones they will buy. Other customers don't care and are happy to get nice models that are replicas.'

Yep, but Unity AS customers cannot see/tell what is royalty free and what is not as Unity only sells with royalty free license.

22. Milo_del_mal

Milo_del_mal

I just want to let you know that I used you assets (Cars, and the track) in an App I sold a few months ago. It was a networked training app for sales representatives.

Using several iPads and a PC (as a host), everyone joined a race where questions about a product were displayed, and everytime they answered right, their cars gained acceleration and maximum terminal velocity. It was a success, all thanks to you (Because sadly, I do not have any modelers available).

Thank you so much, it could have not been done without you.

HereVR likes this.
  23. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Milo,
    I'm very happy to hear your story, than you very much for sharing it!
    You made my day:)

24. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Friends,
    I started a thread related to have a better licensing options.
    Please read it and support it with your votes, if you agree! Thanks!

Here you find it!

25. zugsoft

zugsoft

hello, I bought you everything , very good products.

HereVR likes this.
  26. HereVR

HereVR

Hello menfou, thank you! I hope you will enjoy using them. If you will have time, please rate/review them! Thanks.

27. Quicksilver01uk

Quicksilver01uk

Hi, how is the performance for these tracks on mobile devices?

28. HereVR

HereVR

Hello, the module system offers you both 'HI' and 'LOW' versions of the tracks, so choosing the proper one I'm pretty sure it will be OK for actual devices.

29. HereVR

HereVR

By the way, the price goes back to its 'regular' soon (pending review), so hurry up, if you would like to save!

30. zugsoft

zugsoft

I can make a apk if you want to test the performance on mobile, but for me you must remove some gameobject.

31. HereVR

HereVR

Hello menfou, thanks! I think he/she bought it already; I could be corrected of course!

32. Quicksilver01uk

Quicksilver01uk

I've bought the pack as it is worth the risk. I'm working on a top-down racer so the demand should hopefully be a little less anyway.

Which of the track parts is the low poly / mobile friendly version? I see the same parts but with H1 / H2 / V1 / V2. Can I assume it is the V versions that I use? H meaning theses are the higher quality versions?

HereVR likes this.
  33. HereVR

HereVR

Hello, thanks for buying it! You could use the same prefabs from the inventory; inside the prefab there are different 'subversions'. HI means the high poly, LOW means the low poly version; also there are 2 versions with and without grass (to support if you would like to use terrain or simple polys).

Also you could find some mobile-friendly trees/plants.

H/V stands for Horizontal/Vertical.

34. Quicksilver01uk

Quicksilver01uk

I'm working through modifying the content for my game and although I can find the prefab for the starting line overlay (START, 1, 2, 3 etc...) I can't find the prefab for the pit lane, even though the images are in the texture file? Can you tell me where the prefab is please? Or will I need to create my own?

35. HereVR

HereVR

Hello,

some of the textures are shared between the RaceTrack Pack and the Pit Garage Pack. You could find it in the Pit Garage Pack.

36. Quicksilver01uk

Quicksilver01uk

37. HereVR

HereVR

Hello Guys,

its been a while, lots of things happened. New car pack comes out in December (hopefully),
    there are some other new packs pending review.

There will be some conceptional changes in the future (I will write about this when everything is set).
    Until that there are 2 things what could be interesting for you:

HVR Color Grading pack have been released, but it is available in my Gumroad shop (Asset Store version still pending review). The first 5 buyers could get it for USD10 with clicking here.

I heavily suggest to subscribe to my product page
    with your email there as in the future all of the HereVR stuff will be released there first, thanks to various reasons I plan to write about. Also there will be massive differences between AS and UAS versions in features.

Also, as I'm still testing Gumroad services, there is a test period while the price is reduced to USD14 (if you are not among the first 5, you still could save some; finally price is not decided yet, but will be more than USD16).

2. Maybe some of you are interested in archviz or need marble/granite/stone materials.
    Then this is for you with a demo snippet scene and some some pretty custom 'worn' shaders (waiting for an update as 5.3 broke shader compatibility 1 days later after uploading;).
    If you purchase it now, I will send you the fixed shaders by mail.

38. hopeful

hopeful

I saw the marble packs go online yesterday. Congrats on the new assets! :)

HereVR likes this.
  39. HereVR

HereVR

Thanks! :)

40. CoderPro

CoderPro

When the new cars pack release on the assetstore ?

41. HereVR

HereVR

In the Asset Store: I don't know, I have pending assets there since 2 weeks.
    In the Gumroad store: immediately when it is ready; so in this month.

42. HereVR

HereVR

43. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Awesome

44. HereVR

HereVR

Thanks!:)

45. HereVR

HereVR

Another WIP, rendered in Blender.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  46. HereVR

HereVR

Good news!
    I plan to release the first version of the pack on Gumroad on Tuesday. It will be a no-brainer deal.
    - 4K textures instead of the regular 2K (for the cars); AS version will remain 2K
    - as it will be a pre-release, it will be cheaper than the AS version regular price (I will upload AS version when it is complete, so with review time I'm pretty sure that will be out in January).
    - AS version will include less vehicles
    - many other differences....

Anyone interested? ;)

47. hopeful

hopeful

I love the HQ of the newer models. I'm not making a racing game, so I kind of doubt I will buy more racing cars, but the new models are very nice. :)

HereVR likes this.
  48. HereVR

HereVR

Thanks. I just raised model details very slightly, but Cycles rendering with real reflections adds a lot to a picture.

49. hopeful

hopeful

The older models look very nice with PBR too. I won't be ashamed to use them. lol

HereVR likes this.
  50. HereVR

HereVR

A new pic; first time pack gets vans for teams. Cycles render.