Search Unity

Graphics [RELEASED] Hair Composer (nVidia HairWorks)

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Simod, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Simod

Simod

Thank you for asking. We don't have plans to make a port of tressfx. The tools like these require lots of effort and human resources, and making a new tool is literally impossible in our case.

blackbird likes this.
  2. Velo222

Velo222

Hello,

I sent an email, but just wanted to ask here as well. What is the current status of HDRP support as of right now? I know several people have asked before, so just keeping it up-to-date.

Does it support HDRP yet? As other's have said, would probably be an insta-buy for me as well once HDRP is supported. :)

3. Simod

Simod

Hello.

Not at the moment, unfortunately.

Velo222 likes this.
  4. silentslack

silentslack

+1 for HDRP. Any idea on an ETA? Thanks!

5. Simod

Simod

Hello,

There is no ETA yet.

6. GoRolyGo

GoRolyGo

stil working on updates?

7. Simod

Simod

Hi Roly. Since our HRs are busy with another project, Hair Composer only gets general code maintenance.

8. GoRolyGo

GoRolyGo

what are all the known posible reasons wy hairwokors vieuwer crashes when load a fbx? like all of them :)
    bumping in to those quite abit, and whould like to get it solveed once and for all :)

9. Simod

Simod

That's a good question. Unfortunately Nvidia did not provide the source code for the Hairworks Viewer. It's almost impossible to tell what's going on there.

10. GoRolyGo

GoRolyGo

ah good reply then, cos thougt i was loosing it, my Roly is costum model made in vr oculus meduim, so gues roly kinda weard model, for now i load it in unity and load only hair in nvidea hairvieuwer, unity seems to understand, tryed windows 7 with ful updates sich hair viuer says win 7 but no luck, did got it to work couple times, but no clue yet. for now i just load it in unity and hope hairs not inside out :) thanks bud

11. GoRolyGo

GoRolyGo

for the record think hairworks can do much much more then just hairs i have seen on youtube or withcer

think like this! what if like full furry cchewbacka style ful power of heavy pc rig for 1 model? i have seen stuf wich made me question render hairs versus realtime, i mean i took leap of fait on that thought, and i have seen its posible, hairworks can do so much more thne i have seen, my roly deancing fwith ful hairs not even styled made me cry, leterly

12. GoRolyGo

GoRolyGo

example

13. Autarkis

Autarkis

It seems that the cryomen website is having trouble.
    I'm trying to get the hair-composer-2020-2-12-x64 download ( deleted it a while back locally).
    If anyone has that package sitting on their drive, I'd love to get it ( and hopefully it will still work, I'm not sure if the license key is an online check.. sure hope not considering the website is kinda dead.)

14. Simod

Simod

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble. The system is online again. We can generate a package for you. Please let us know if you still need help.

15. djan8695

djan8695

Hello, I wanted ask if it is normal if I can't open cryomen.com. I wanted to try the hairworks package but the site doesn't response. Is it normal, is the project closed?