Search Unity

[RELEASED] Google Sheets For Unity Lite

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Novack, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Novack

Novack

Hello @oliver_unity892 thank your for contactting me.

The link included is supossed to make a new script copy, but Google changed the endpoint and now you have to manually make a copy of the script yourself:

upload_2022-12-24_20-16-42.png

Sorry for the troubles. If you have further questions, please contact me to the support email, is easier for me to keep track of cases there, and thus, faster to answer :)

Happy Holidays!

chelnok likes this.
  2. karolwieczorek9

karolwieczorek9

Hi Novack.
    I've bought assetstore version yesterday. Basic things like upload single row or download table are working but
    when I try to use
    Drive.CreateObjects
    from LocalizationExample or from my own code I get response:
    Cannot find method appendRow((class)). (row 337, file „Code”)

Am I missing something? Can You check if that method is still working properly?

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
    I've found the issue:
    In "Code" line 301. It's parsing json to an object but using it's as list.
    So I changed that line to:

Code (CSharp):
    1. var parsedData = JSON.parse(e.parameters.jsonData.toString());
    2. var jsonObjs = parsedData.array;
    And now it's working.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2023
    Laaevin, Novack and Jos-Yule like this.
  3. Novack

Novack

Thank you very much for reporting the issue and the solution :)
    I think someone else had some issues with a json parser API changing, I will look into it as soon as possible!

4. Laaevin

Laaevin

I just encountered this issue for the first time. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where to implement the indicated fix. Can you please clarify? You made the edit in which script in line 301? (I can't find a script called "Code", and the script Drive.cs doesn't appear to be the right one.)

5. karolwieczorek9

karolwieczorek9

You are not looking in the right place. Code is not cs script but gs script. It's server side not unity side.
    To find Code.gs go back to documentation pdf "Deployment: Server Side"

Novack likes this.
  6. Novack

Novack

Hello there, thank you for contacting me!

As karolwieczorek9 explains, the change needs to be done in the google script side. That being said, I quickly changed the cloud script and so if you fetch the script again, it should be updated.

I have a ton of work and little time for GSFU support so I dont patrol the forums as often. If you need further assistance, would you contact me by email? The address is on the developer guide.

Please include the invoice, I've had a lot of time invested supporting unauthorized copies, so now Im asking everyone for the corresponding invoice... Thank you!

@karolwieczorek9 thank you very much for jumping it, help is greatly appreciated :)

karolwieczorek9 likes this.
  7. tapped_rupert

tapped_rupert

Hello!
    Is it possible to replace an entire sheet? You have the UpdateObjects method, however, we want to replace an entire sheet with a generated csv.
    Our use case is that we are tweaking balancing values in our game, and then outpout a csv of the game-flow. It would be useful if we could just replace the entire sheet with this csv? Is that possible?

8. Novack

Novack

hello @tapped_rupert thanks for contacting!

Im afraid Im not entirely following what you mean. Specifically, I dont get the csv part. From GSFU you can create a new table, update a range of fields, or delete sets based on a field search. But not sure what you mean about importing an csv file?

9. F-Maia

F-Maia

Hello!

I a project where the app needs to access a few spreadsheets dynamically. Is it possible to connect to multiple spreadsheets using information from a server to create multiple instances of "ConnectionData" prefab? Or I can only hardcode them?

10. Novack

Novack

Hi @F-Maia,

Yes indeed, you can send requests to different spreadsheets. Have in mind that you need to think how to handle responses. One way would be to wait for one response before initiating another request, another option would be to provide different callback events, so you are always safe of incorrect order of reception; or you can parse the response based on some field on the data.

11. F-Maia

F-Maia

I have followed the instructions closely and even repeated them. I still get the same message, when I try to update a sheet "Page not found" when I try to update a sheet. I have connected everything properly, and even tried with another account, and it seems to be communicating just fine with google. Any ideas?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
  12. Novack

Novack

@F-Maia when you describe updating a spreadsheet, you mean its content, or changing the spreadsheet id?

Also, would you write me by email so is easier to assit you and follow up?
    Thanks!