Search Unity

[Released] gInputControllers - multi joystick and force feedback manager

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ghiboz, Aug 9, 2017.

1. ghiboz

ghiboz

Hi all, I'm glad to announce that gInputControllers has been released!

Asset Store Page

The package enables control to any game controlles.

Asset content:
    • Plugin (dll) to manage the controllers
    • Documentation
    • Sample scripts to help integrate Unity games with the user controllers.

This is a branch of the code used in gRally to handle all the controllers, it's been tested with Logitech®, Thrustmaster®, Fanatec®, and more, included the custom controllers like shifters, H shifters, handbrakes.

The package manages the digital input controllers, analogic input controllers and force feedbacks for each controller plugged-in

Asset Store Page

Documentation

2. ghiboz

ghiboz

update 1.0.1
    • Package has been submitted using Unity 5.5.0, and 2017.1.0 to improve compatibility within the range of these versions of Unity.

3. ZJP

ZJP

Thanks.

4. Dreamback

Dreamback

Sounds great - what Force Feedback commands are supported?

5. ghiboz

ghiboz

hello @Dreamback ! at the moment only the standard constant force with amplitude from -10000 to 10000... in my games I prefer manage externally the effects, also 'cause not all the steering wheels manage the effects in the same way..
    otherwise in the next updates I want to add to the asset some basic effects and also a sample on how detect the axes and buttons in game

regards!

6. l_rynski

l_rynski

Hey @ghiboz have you tested force feedback on Fanatec ClubSport Wheel? All inputs are working fine, but no reaction for any force feedback. Can you help me in that matter? I'm testing the wheel with FBInspector and it's working fine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  7. ghiboz

ghiboz

yes, it worked.. I retry to do some tests... please can you send me the log file (gIC.log) please?

8. l_rynski

l_rynski

@ghiboz I want to have possibility to rotate the wheel with force feedback. I need it in my current project to.
    Sure, here you go:

Attached Files:

• gIC.txt
      File size:
      13.8 KB
      Views:
  9. ghiboz

ghiboz

thanks, i'll look in depth... ;)

10. ghiboz

ghiboz

yess!!!
    I'm out of my home (no steering wheel here :( ...) when I go back home I'll check and update the plugin!
    thanks for your patience! :rolleyes:

11. l_rynski

l_rynski

Awesome! Thanks

ghiboz likes this.
  12. ghiboz

ghiboz

that is the implementation in gRally...

antoripa and ZJP like this.
  13. ghiboz

ghiboz

14. adamjimenez

adamjimenez

Will this work with ms sidewinder ff2?
    Are there any demos to test the feedback effects?

15. ghiboz

ghiboz

hi @adamjimenez
    it should be work, not tested, but the feedback uses a dinput8 and all joys/wheels works
    the unity project has a simple slider that apply a force to the wheel

16. ghiboz

ghiboz

17. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Hi does this come with source-code, specifically for the force-feedback? is there a version available with the source-code, and if not is there a way that would be possible?

The company I work for are interested in purchasing this asset to use as a base, but due to the major additions we would need to add to the system we require source-code to make modifications.

18. ghiboz

ghiboz

hi @Daemonhahn
    the asset is a 'parser' where export a function to set the forcefeedback value in a simple way, but the code to obtain a good real feedback is not included, also 'cause is strictly linked to the physics engine of your project
    have a nice day

19. FajardoRacing

FajardoRacing

Hello @ghiboz

I'm using your asset and works fine with my current Fanatec CSW V2, but I cant get the FFB to work too. I tried with your demo scene, and at the glC.log this is what I see:

12/04/2018 16:51:47,682 [INFO ] gIC Initialization
    12/04/2018 16:51:47,682 [INFO ] InitInputSystem 0
    12/04/2018 16:51:47,682 [INFO ] createInputSystem
    12/04/2018 16:51:47,693 [INFO ] * # 0 : Constant force on 1 axis with 20s-period triangle oscillations of its signed amplitude in [-10K, +10K]
    12/04/2018 16:51:49,147 [INFO ] active FF effect: Constant force on 1 axis with 20s-period triangle oscillations of its signed amplitude in [-10K, +10K]
    12/04/2018 16:51:49,147 [INFO ] activated FF effect

What can be done?

Thanks

20. ghiboz

ghiboz

21. FajardoRacing

FajardoRacing

@ghiboz any updates? We need FFB even if it's something simple. Also this is the first time I do FFB so I don't know very well what force should I send and depending of what. Any tips?

Thanks.

22. SquidCap

SquidCap

{get; set} FFB would be awesome addition instead of (ID, value).. If FFB is fixed, this will be very nifty as it seems to be very easy to implement, took me no time to get inputs thru but the FFB is most likely big factor on why people want this.

23. tameryared85

tameryared85

Does this package work with Logitech Driving Force GT? because the unity input manager found the steering wheel axis (X-axis), but didn't find the brake and accelerator correct axis (with the fourth axis the accelerator keeps going even when you take you foot off it)??!!!

24. tameryared85

tameryared85

Dude, your package does not do anything!!!
    I paid money for nothing!!!

25. mplaczek

mplaczek

Hi, I’m in early talks about creating a simple simulator. Various thoughts have been thrown around one of which was the possibility of having rumble feedback to the chair. The simulator will have custom built hardware controllers as opposed to off the shelf rumble joypads or streering wheel etc leaving the chair as the only simple integration. Will this asset work for gaming chairs with rumble? We may be able to create something custom, but often path of least resistance wins the day! Thank you :)

26. codynelson03

codynelson03

Hey, I got your package, and I was able to make my wheel move, but for some reason the GIC.UpdateForceFeedback method seems to be very laggy. Unity doesn't freeze, but it's like it takes a second for the force feedback change to take effect. I am using a thrustmaster TMX with the latest firmware and drivers.

27. ghiboz

ghiboz

hi all!
    i'm almost ready to a completely new dll, with manages also the xinput devices...

Wim-Wouters likes this.
  28. codynelson03

codynelson03

Neat! When do you think it will be released?

29. Wim-Wouters

Wim-Wouters

Hi, I am also using the Fanatec Clubsport wheelbase. All inputs are working, but I can't seem te get any feedback via the feedback slider.
    Any suggestions?

Kind regards, Wim

30. Wim-Wouters

Wim-Wouters

Cool looking forward to this.

Any idea why I can't get force feedback to work on my Fanatec Clubsport wheelbase?

31. Jpineda22

Jpineda22

I just bought this asset, it gets all inputs from a Fanatec Clubsport wheelbase, but I always get an error whenever I mode the Feedback slider

SendMessage cannot be called during Awake, CheckConsistency, or OnValidate
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility: ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

is there a way to fix this??

32. pssaravanan

pssaravanan

33. sabarno11_unity

sabarno11_unity

Hello,

Has this been tested on the Logitech G29 Wheel? I would really like to know. the logitech sdk provided has wrong inputs and ive been trying to run the wheel on my scenes but nothing seems to be working. Hoping to get some inputs

34. Visual-3d

Visual-3d

hello
    We purchased your package and having some questions:
    1. 1st and foremost, we're struggling to apply a momentary force reaction (for collisions and such).
    Is it supported?

2. I do not feel and feedback to the wheel (feedback GO is not assigned and i'm lacking documentation to know what to assign it it to.

35. simcovr

simcovr

Ciao Ghiboz,
    ho tentato di contattarti tramite messaggio privato qua sul forum...ti sei perso il messaggio? :D

36. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Just purchased this in the hope it would offer what I needed for FFB, it was a gamble as there are next to no docs available anywhere, even in the asset or am I missing something :) Anyway am I right in the only option this offers for FFB is setting a force value for the wheel? I have been using the Logitech SDK, which I thought was really basic but you could adjust a lot of the settings for the wheel and have different effects, are there any plans in this asset to offer some more features otherwise looks like Logitech owners will get a much better experience than other wheel owners. Would be great to see some better docs and more features for this.

37. valmin

valmin

Hi @ghiboz
    we use your plugin in our racing game to get input from Logitech Steering Wheel. Is it possible somehow not only get the input from wheel, but also rotate the wheel from code? Or at least reset the wheel to its init position?

38. sonicviz

sonicviz

Do you bother answering any questions?

39. psychicparrot

psychicparrot

:(

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  40. ghiboz

ghiboz

hi all!
    sorry for the incredible delay: but the asset is now at v2: completely dll rewrite that should fix almost every issue
    see you soon

psychicparrot likes this.
  41. SBSJR13

SBSJR13

Finds wheel in log, but no display on exe.. installed alone using main test scene.

42. ghiboz

ghiboz

hi JR!
    I also looked your mail...
    can you post a screenshot of the monobehaviour with the main code?

43. SBSJR13

SBSJR13

Here is some SS of the project using your main scene

Attached Files:

44. SBSJR13

SBSJR13

This is the current version you have on the asset store using Unity 2019.4.30f1

45. ghiboz

ghiboz

what's the name of the project you have saved?

46. SBSJR13

SBSJR13

gInputTest. And your code is adding Unity to the end.. when I remove the Unity from the end, the exe works

47. SBSJR13

SBSJR13

So actually I got lucky and named it ginputTest, when thats what the loader shows by default. When i created a different named project, you have to update the field in the loader>project name.

48. SBSJR13

SBSJR13

So we are doing a live test from our game page on facebook right now on the asset now that the exe is working..

Only one failed wheel so far, Thrustmaster t300rs.. this is a known problem wheel, for example Rewired had to add a variant for it.

49. LIVAI10

LIVAI10

Hello,
    My wheel isn't detected by ur plugin .. :(
    Can you help me please ?

50. ghiboz

ghiboz

can you send me the log? have you launched the sample or a new project?