Search Unity

[Released] GameSettings - Create in-game graphics options

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DanMarionette, Jul 26, 2019.

1. DanMarionette

DanMarionette

Hello!

This is the official forum thread for my new asset, GameSettings
    I created this asset to make it easy to create in-game menu options for graphics settings that worked with Post Processing Stacks v1 and v2. As I'm sure you are aware, using different Post Processing options can dramatically affect your game's performance and I wanted to create an easy way to give players the ability to customise these effects. The asset focuses on the things that affect performance rather that the visual style.

Hope some of you find it useful.
    Dan

Description
    GameSettings is a set of scripts and prefabs making it easy to add in-game graphics settings to your game. Fully modifiable by you, this enables an ultra-flexible approach to optimisation so that players can then select their optimum playing experience.

What it does
    Gives access to Unity's quality settings as well as full support of Post-processing Stack V1 and V2.
    Using the simple Unity interface, developers identify the graphics and audio settings you want players to be able to select. You can then adapt these to your own games, creating low, medium, high or ultra settings for players to select in-game or real time.
    This also uses player-friendly language, focusing on the end-user's understanding for ease of access.
    GameSettings uses the built-in Unity UI, so developers have the flexibility to present the menus in a visual style suited to your game, while taking care of all the back-end heavy lifting so you can focus on game creation.

Features
    • Goes beyond other setting selectors currently on the asset store
    • No coding required
    • Full control over graphics quality
    • Easily customisable: ability to configure Low, Medium, High options or add whatever you prefer
    • Player-friendly
    • Built on Unity's UI dropdowns
    • Source included if you wish to modify or extend GameSettings

Neviah likes this.