Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.0%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.1%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.5%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.6%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.4%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Hi @YunLiang.

If you want just that the weapon has no remaining ammo to reload, so all the projectiles available in that weapon are in the magazine, set the clip size that you need and set 0 in the remaining ammo amount.

In other case, the weapon reloads automatically by default, but you can also disable this automatic reload.

Here the both settings:

upload_2019-5-28_17-15-15.png

I think that for now, the way the ammo pickups work is adding that amount to the remain ammo, so it needs to reload if the clip is empty (though you can use infinite ammo as well). I will add an option to add pickups ammo to the clip size instead of the remain ammo, avoiding the need of reload, like in doom games.

Tell me if you find or not these options and what final setting do you use/prefer.

Regards.

2. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Hey guys, I've been away for a week or so and I missed out on the dual crosshair convo. Great examples of this being done well are Resident Evil: Code Veronica (Sega Dreamcast) and Perfect Dark (Nintendo 64). In Perfect Dark, the player can tag an enemy for auto targeting and manually target others. It was super fun and worked remarkably well. Code Veronica did something similar but with a different implementation due to its isometric-ish 3rd person view versus PD's fps view. Both were very interesting and I do miss all the great experimental features that came up in those early 3d games.

sr388 likes this.
  3. sr388

sr388

Aham, I see.

Can't remember now that code veronica had a dual crosshair system. I haven't played perfect dark, but can't find any video example of auto targeting to see how it manages it. Maybe you can find some clip of it to take a look or just an explanation of them.

What I can remember from code veronica is the auto aim system, which has been used in the previos resident evil games, and that is already added on GKC, but maybe you don't mean this.

Maybe an option could be added later for the aim assist, to check targets on screen and if there are two targets close enough at the same time, the center crosshair could split into two, so each weapon aims to a different target, so you can shoot at both at the same time.

Btw, there is more progress in the dual weapons, will record some gifs later.

Regards.

4. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

More progress for the dual weapon system.

The collision detection already works in third person and in first person as well, so only the weapon that detects a surface can't be fired (in first person can be fired even if a surface is found), so the other can fire yet and vice versa. And of course, both can be blocked.

And in first person the management is almost complete as well.

Attachments management and ingame editor is also ready in both views and the camera can be changed to first and third person, if the player is carrying weapons on his hands.

Regards.

Neviah likes this.
  5. Neviah

Neviah

Do you have a feature where AI can patrol? For example:

1. Manual Patrol - You can place an array of waypoints (public)where the character can SetDestination and walk to in sequential order. Also have a checkbox for Looping, so when it reaches the last waypoint, it walks back to the first waypoint.

2. Random Patrol - The inspector should have a radius (public), interval (public) and speed (public). So, with the radius, you can now have a circle of random x and z coordinates to choose from (if AI is at 0,0,0 - and the radius is set to 5, then it can choose randomly (rand(gameobject.x - radius, gameobject.x + radius), y, rand(gameobject.z - radius, gameobject.z + radius) ) and then set destination there, at the speed it was given.

I looked at the documentation and couldn't find it.

6. sr388

sr388

Hi @Neviah.

Yes, there is a patrol system for AI which allows to set a group of waypoints, including just a list of points, or a list of a list of points, so you can configure many paths like patrol a zone and then move to the next.

There is also an option to make these patrols in order (following the waypoints list) or randomly, including to move from one group of waypoints to another. Other options includes also the movement speed, so they can walk or run between points, along with wait times between each point.

There are a few demos which includes a patrol AI, which works in both AI enemy and friend. These scenes are "AI Demo", "AI to hide and get on vehicles Demo", "Dialog Demo", and the "Possession" demos examples.

And in prefabs, you can find these patrol AI here:

upload_2019-5-29_14-30-10.png

It is the same humanoid AI with the patrol system configured on them (it is a modular component, so it can be attached to any humanoid AI of GKC).

Here you can see an example:

patrol 1.gif

Tell me if you have any doubt about this AI patrol system.

BTW, I forgot to say this in my previous post. I planned to work on video tutorials after complete the documentation, but after think about it, I think I will start with these videos at the beginning of June, starting from basics to more advanced use

Regards.

mytecjmb and Neviah like this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

More progress in the dual weapon system. The attachments editor ingame is already working on both views, allowing to configure attachments on each hand:

And an option to disable the player's hud while using the attachment editor, so you can have a cleaner screen:

As before, the positions on every panel can be configured along with the number of attachments.

There is also a proper weapon change from third to first person and vice versa with dual weapons:

The weapon wheel selection menu already allows to select the weapon in each hand (though in the gif, the player just keep his current weapons after select new ones, but the new ones are assigned correctly I just need to configure the rest of weapons with the new reference points for the dual weapon option):

Regards.

8. Neviah

Neviah

Do you have a feature that can cut off the arms/hands of a model you provide so we can use those in the first person mode? heh

9. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

So after spending a couple days with 2.9 I think I'm sticking to 2.4 for now. For me, the vehicles are a major part of my project. In this latest update, the aircraft and the motorbike are kinda broken it seems. The aircraft doesn't roll (I guess the events aren't set up? idk) and the motorbike can't climb inclines of more than like 7 degrees (some new code rotates the bike in a strange manner). I played around with the settings extensively but didn't really get anywhere. I've gotten very familiar with GKC over the years but the code for the vehicles has become a bit cluttered and beyond my ability to extend or modify. I had a good thing going but now all the vehicle controller changes have halted my progress in this area of my project. Its a shame too because I really wanted the player foot IK, motorbike foot placement and ledge climbing but with the vehicles in such a state, I'm not able to upgrade GKC in my project currently. I'll check back in an update or two and see how things are going. I gotta move the project forward though so I may just settle on using a customized version of 2.4. :(

10. sr388

sr388

Hi @Neviah. No, the is not a feature for that, but I think that FPS Mesh Tool is made to achieve that. What I want to try for 3.0 is the full body awareness to use the player's body without extra arms, so the arms of the model it self can be used on first person, avoiding the need to manage more objects and having also IK available.

Hi @Wetw0rx. I am sorry to hear that. But I am sure that you can upgrade to 2.9, I will check those vehicles that you say this week and fix any issue that they could have. Besides motorbike and aircraft, have you found any issue on the rest?

The issue you say in the motorbike could be caused for the feature to place the player's foot on one side or another when the speed is close to 0. Maybe some extra check is needed to avoid what you say to happen. I also changed the stabilization function of the motorbike, so could be a possible cause as well. In any case, I am pretty sure it has an easy fix and will apply it.

About the aircraft, sounds like maybe the roll keys haven't been configured properly on the event system (which is configured in the main parent of every vehicle, called Input Action Manager). The code in the aircraft controller didn't change during 2.9.

The vehicles on GKC has the same components except the vehicle controller it self which is a separated component made for every type of vehicle (like motorbike controller, aircraft controller, etc...), so the way the vehicle moves and behaves is made there. It is made like that to make vehicles much more modular, allowing to create new types easily, adding even you own controller code, so for example, the car can behave differently.

The rest of components manages other elements, such as input, damage detection, camera, weapon, etc... So if there is any strange behavior or similar in a vehicle or something you want to modify, it will be placed on these custom scripts for vehicles.

You can be sure vehicles are an important element for me, so don't hesitate to tell me any issue that you can find on them in order to fix or improve any element.

I will send you a PM so you can tell me more about this issues, I am pretty sure they can be fixed in no time so you will be able to move to 2.9 as well, I can guarantee that to you :)

Regards.

mytecjmb, Daftolddad and Neviah like this.
  11. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Thanks for your concern and attention, brother. It's been a rough week. I'll look for your PM.

sr388 likes this.
  12. banzai777

banzai777

Hello! I'd like to use the gravity system to allow the player to walk on the surface of a sphere and other objects. Your demo of that feature looks great but the section of the documentation on it is empty. I've looked through the included gravity scripts but can't figure out how to use them. Can you explain how to implement GKC's custom gravity features to accomplish the walking on floating objects that you feature in the trailer & GIFs? Thank you!

sr388 likes this.
  13. sr388

sr388

Hi @banzai777.

I have just seen your message (was sleeping). Have to make a fast travel to town (about an hour), so I will be back here to answer properly to your question.

In the meantime, in the gravity manipulation demo from last update 2.91 there is a group of triggers in the hierarchy used to set different gravity values to player and objects. Take a look at them (in case you haven't yet).

Regards.

Neviah likes this.
  14. sr388

sr388

Hi again @banzai777. I am back.

Ok, so you want to use the circumnavigation system, right?

There are different ways for this. For example, there are a couple of triggers which are used to activate the circumnavigation system without changing the gravity direction of the player in that moment, but he adheres to any surface below him. There are two of them, one to activate it and other to disable it.

upload_2019-5-31_14-13-33.png

In this case, the main setting for this is the next:

upload_2019-5-31_14-17-29.png

Other use of this is to apply this trigger to an object, so the gravity is also changed in the moment he enters the trigger:

upload_2019-5-31_14-16-20.png

Other component are these arrows, which makes the player to search a new surface on trigger enter in the same direction the arrows point, so if they point to the ceiling, the player will check a new gravity value on that direction and when he is close enough, the gravity is changed to that orientation:

upload_2019-5-31_14-19-5.png

The above elements use the same component to work, allowing different customization.

There is also the gravity room zones, which allows to configure different gravity zones in the same level, like zero gravity. Also, these objects have settings to affect only the player, objects, both or just one of them. It also has a system to configure a perimeter, to configure the zone in different rooms if needed, need just to place the triggers of the room and the lower and higher positions using empty transforms as reference (everything included as child of the main parent).

upload_2019-5-31_14-26-48.png

Tell me if you have any other doubt or any further explanation.

Regards.

mytecjmb and Neviah like this.
  15. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

While working in the dual weapon system I thought about try the combo of pistol and flashlight of resident evil 2 remake, holding both at the same time, adjusting also cameras, for regular and aim position. And this is what I got:

And here an example of the change of weapons from a regular one to two examples of dual weapons, with transitions to first and third person:

The weapon wheel already works perfectly to select the weapon in each hand (flashlight is a weapon too, but has a behavior attached to work as a tool). Also, there is new UI elements for the dual weapons, so instead of the right upper corner HUD, the info of both weapons are placed on the bottom sides, but you can place then where you prefer in the video, the screen recorder is littler than the actual editor screen.

Regards.

Wetw0rx and Neviah like this.
  16. Dougomite

Dougomite

Hey I was hoping to get some advice on achieving a specific feel for movement and aiming. I'd like to get something similar to Hotline Miami and other top down or isometric dual stick shooters. I'd like the player movement to change direction immediately and same for the aiming direction.
    I feel like I've upped the turn speeds on the Player Controller but the turn speeds don't seem much faster and I'd like it to almost have no 'turning' and to instead snap to face the cursor or direction that you press the thumbsticks.

If there is a way I'd also like to have the right stick trigger aiming automatically without the need to press the 'aim' button or I guess I could have the player always 'aiming' while in a Locked Camera.

17. zefirozh

zefirozh

Hi, Already bought your asset a week ago and got some problems.

First, I can't find how to setup camera I can't adjust any value of it like how far from my character or its perspective.

Second, I use Unity 2019 1.4f when I change some value in game parameter it can't save scene I have to switch to another scene for saving my working scene and switch back again. That was so anoning as hell. Do you have any solutions for this case or if I have to use the old version of Unity what is version that work well for your asset.

Thank you.

18. sr388

sr388

Hi @Dougomite.

Yes, in fact I worked in improvements on the previous update 2.91 thinking in this kind of top down games like hotline miami (one of my favorite games), including movement improvements.

For example, if you go to one of the top down demo scenes, in the Locked Camera System inspector, so you can see every camera configured for this fixed view of the player. In Look At target settings, you can configure the aiming reticle movement speed, which can allow to move faster this reticle so the player aims to that direction always.

upload_2019-6-3_15-57-33.png

Also, the values on player controller for rotation speed can be increased, here:

upload_2019-6-3_16-0-22.png

This should make the player to rotate faster toward the aim direction.

An option could be added to configure if the player actually uses animation to rotate or directly rotate to reticle direction similar to many top down games.

And about the aiming, the player can enter in aim mode without need to press aim button. By default, fire button can make the player to draw his weapon automatically and also enter in fire mode as well.

Also, for the right stick movement, there is an option for this in the player camera inspector, if the mouse/gamepad is detecting movement, events can be triggered and by default, it is already configure to activate fire actions on weapons/powers (according to the mode active, which is weapons by default).

upload_2019-6-3_16-5-22.png

If you are using a gamepad, this will make the player to fire a weapon while the joystick input is different from 0.

For other regular control (where there is a fire button), I can add an option to make the player to enter in aim mode automatically on locked cameras.

Tell me if the above settings work or not and if you think these new options to add can be useful. I will put them on the todo list.

And if you have any suggestion or element that you would like to be added for the asset or/and top down system, please tell me about it, it is very appreciated and welcome :)

Hi @zefirozh.

Thanks for your purchase.

You can configure any view state in player camera inspector:

upload_2019-6-3_16-10-57.png

And above that, the name of the camera states used on different modes:

upload_2019-6-3_16-11-32.png

And about the save issue you said, is very strange. Never seen something like that. I can make a remote session with you to take a look. I tried 2019.1 and 2019.2 with the asset and no problem so far.

I will send you a PM message to you to check it out. I am pretty sure it has a very quick solution. Sorry for this type of inconvenience.

Regards.

19. sr388

sr388

@Dougomite I have tried a configuration for what you need and here the settings:

In Player Controller inspector:

upload_2019-6-3_16-43-39.png

Lower in that inspector, in advanced settings:

upload_2019-6-3_16-44-59.png

In Player Camera inspector, in look at target settings:

upload_2019-6-3_16-45-21.png

And here how it looks:

Tell me if you try these settings and if the player moves as you need or there is something you would like to change.

Regards.

20. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I am very closed to finish the dual weapon system, the weapon slots on inventory already allows to drag and drop two weapons in the same slot, so that is already done too.

I have been also making more progress for the new adherence system for the character. Soon I will be able to show it
    and also, this week I will start with the climb ladder system, which will use another new system to trigger actions in the player which requires animations. This will allow him to activate states or play animations in specific places of the level. These places will be just triggers with the settings for the action you need, such as open a door, open a chest, press a button, etc...

The main elements that I will focus during this first update of 3.0 are:
    • Dual weapon system
    • Player action system (examples of climb ladder and push/pull/move big objects, including options for IK)
    • Armor/cloth system and categories for inventory
    • New ground adherence system for player
    • Crafting/trade/vendor/experience/skills
    But during this update, maybe other elements are added, like the swim system or the free climb system, according to remaining time (to keep the period of 2 months at maximum between updates).

Also, today I will structure the content and order of the video tutorials. if everything goes well, I will start to record these videos tomorrow and should be able to make between 3-5 videos per week.

Regards.

MorpheusXI and Brian-Ryer like this.
  21. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

More progress with the dual weapon system, the inventory already allows to configure two weapons in the same slot by dragging and dropping a second weapon icon into the same slot.

And same for unequip (is there a better word for this?), by just dropping one time from that slot with two weapons, leaving just one weapon configured in the slot and in the player.
    Same example for first person:

Regards.

Adrad likes this.
  22. zefirozh

zefirozh

Hi.

Thank you for your supports, about the save scene issue I already found a solution for that.
    Before I save my scene I have to click on Player And Game Management in Hierarchy and then click save scene.
    It's work some how but I'm not sure is this normal saving scene for your asset? lol.

Another problem, My character can't walk when aimimg weapons this happen in your demo scene too. I already check Can move while Aim Third Person check box. Can you help with this.

Thank you.

23. sr388

sr388

Hi @zefirozh.

Sorry for the time to reply, I was sleeping until some minutes ago. About save, do you mean save the game (while playing) or save the scene in editor? In both cases, it should work properly. What version of unity are you using? I would like to make the remote session with you to take a look, is very strange that something like that is happening. I sent you a PM message yesterday for this.

And about the player movement, yes, it is due to unity has changed the way animator system works with override layers in unity 2018 and 2019 (unity always changing how things works xd).

This is the new animator I made for 2018 and higher versions, which combines the strafe layers with the base one
    so the player is able to move while strafing (used for aim mode). Just replace it the animator in the project with this one: https://mega.nz/#!G3BygYYa!5GsxXQcGhrUm5Nss0rSJnOXUeehkvSZrnM_V6mKsZ-I

Tell me if this works.

This animator will be added to the asset in the next update, for version 2017 of unity, the animator works properly
    this is needed for 2018 and higher.

Regards.

24. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been able to start to work on the player action system to trigger states and animations for the player on any place of the level by other objects. The first example is the drag object system:

Still in progress, the system checks for obstacles and distance of the player from the drag position if an obstacle is found in a direction, the object won't move toward that direction but it can be moved to other. And if the object doesn't move, the player moves away from his drag position, and if the distance is big enough, the object is dropped.

Along with this, I will work on the ladder system tomorrow using this system as well. I have been also recording the first tutorial video but is not complete yet, the day has passed faster that I expected and will go to sleep shortly. But will keep working on that video tomorrow and upload it to youtube.

Regards.

Testmobile, Wetw0rx, sjm-tech and 5 others like this.
  25. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

Here you can see the first tutorial videos of GKC, with character creation, ragdoll, extra meshes configuration and player camera states:

With next tutorials, more content will be shown and the quality of these tutorials will be improved as well. I have made a lot of language mistakes too due to not being used to talk on english too much xd, but this will improve over time too.

Regards.

Adrad, Brian-Ryer, Testmobile and 3 others like this.
  26. Testmobile

Testmobile

I really love all the work you are doing to this asset. I was wondering if you ever thought about making it work with UMA characters?! Is there any chance at all to get it to work?

sr388 likes this.
  27. sr388

sr388

Thanks man, very happy to hear that.

Yes, UMA is planned for 3.0. It was going to be part of 2.9 but due to time, it was moved to 3.0 but it will arrive soon ;)

Regards.

Testmobile likes this.
  28. zefirozh

zefirozh

Hi.

For more informations about save issue, I use Unity 2019.1.5f1 on iMac with OSX High Sierra 10.13.6.
    I also can't use Special feature like I want my character don't have jump ability when I uncheck allow regular jump check box nothing happen my character still can jump and after that my frame rate dramatically drop I have to change scene to get my frame rate back to normal.

Right now, I try to install Unity 2017.4.28f1 see how everything gonna work out. If it run good I think I can stick with Unity 2017 because I focus on mobile game development and I think Unity 2017 have enough feature for me.

Oh, about remote session I'm not sure that my internet have enough speed to do that. I only have 4MB internet hotspot from my phone. Is this good for remote session if it is what do I have to setup my environment for that. What program do I have to use.

Thank you.

29. sr388

sr388

Hi @zefirozh.

Those are actually very strange issues that haven't seen previously. It could be that the asset hasn't been imported properly from the store.

About the drop in frames, I think that is caused due to having selected the player controller gameObject in the hierarchy, showing its inspector in the editor. For some reason, a custom editor in unity (according to its size) can reduce the speed of the editor during runtime (not in the build, just the editor), causing what you saw. The best thing is to collapse the inspectors of the player's components or just select other object in the hierarchy. Can sound strange but that is the cause (the custom inspector doesn't have any kind of complicated code or similar, is the standard code for custom scripts).

About the session, it shouldn't be a problem, I have 5 mb in my town (not even real) and there is no problem during sessions. I will send you a PM for the session.

Regards.

30. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

New tutorial videos, this time for the input system:

Regards.

Testmobile, zefirozh, Wetw0rx and 2 others like this.
  31. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

More progress on the dual weapon system. The transition between weapons has been improved and also, the player can change between the weapons slots (number keys from 1 to 0).

So when the player configure a dual weapon, the weapon that is configured in the right hand is the one which is taken as main slot (for example, if the rifle is assigned to key number 1 and the player combines rifle in the right hand and revolver in left hand, the number key 1 will draw those weapons).

Here the transition in third person (pressing 1 and 2 number keys to change between the weapons configured in one slot and the single weapon of the other one):

And the same transition seen in first person (the gif quality looks like the keep action is maybe done in one frame, but is made smoothly, with actual movement of weapons):

This managed with the inventory would allow to have 20 weapons at the same time (configured as dual weapons, having 2 weapons per slot/number key).

Regards.

32. anakein

anakein

is oculus quest support added yet?. thanks

sr388 likes this.
  33. sr388

sr388

Hi @anakein.

Not yet, I haven't got my hands on a VR kit yet, but I think the kit I will get to work on VR integration for GKC is oculus rift s. I want to check more info about it, but I would get it soon.

But this doesn't mean that only rift s is supported, the VR support will be made to make it able to use any VR kit, so the main difference between will be the input part (according to how much different the input is obtained from every main kit). The rest of the system will just take those input values are work as it would be any kit with two controllers.

I will get the VR kit during the development of 3.0.

Regards.

34. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have uploaded the quick update. It has been only using unity 2017 (due to I have planned to make another quick update very soon with a couple of improvements) so that will be the version also uploaded for 2018 and 2019. It includes the links for the tutorial videos in the doc and the store page too and the new animator which can be used for 2018 and 2019 inside the package as well.

I have added an editor script to collapse and expand easily all the components of the current selected object in the editor:

Also, a new option allows to see the weapon slots from the inventory when the player changes between weapon or draws any of them. This allows to see quickly which weapons are equipped currently and it is the same weapon slots used on the inventory. The option allows to move these slots to another place on the hud, set a different scale and the duration to show them, works on any view as well and also, there is an icon which is placed above the weapon selected:

Other options allow to keep this UI element enabled (this can be disabled to show it just x amount of time after select a weapon with key numbers or next/previous weapon action). There is also alpha settings for the background of the slot and it allows to configure an icon for the selected slot, in this case, that gold icon:

Regards.

hopeful and Neviah like this.
  35. banzai777

banzai777

Thanks for the thorough explanation!

sr388 likes this.
  36. hopeful

hopeful

I like the idea of having a personal inventory bar like this.

In my game, the plan is for my players have action bar abilities (like melee fighting moves) and items they are holding in a limited slot personal inventory, which would be like the weapons bar here.

But I would have, for instance, jet pack in the personal inventory, and I would have it limited to a slot type of "back slot." In that if you have only one back slot available (which would be normal), you can only equip one item of type "back" in your personal inventory. I don't think a "type" limitation needs to be built-in for this system here, but it could be a consideration. Items that are universal type could fit into universal slots, so if a type requirement was built into the system, it would be easy to make it function in a simplified way.

This typing of personal slots, if used, adds a dimension of planning and resource management to player choices. In this case, it might make a player reject carrying a bazooka because it would take up a back slot, and since they are using the jet pack, they would use hip or shoulder holster slotted weapons, like a pistol or sword. There could be a pocket type inventory for small items, and an unlimited slot inventory of quest items (items that are required for completing quests, like keys, orc heads, etc.).

Anyway, those are just some thoughts. Carry on! :)

sr388 likes this.
  37. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

The update 2.92 is already live. The main difference with 2.91 is that includes the new animator for 2018/2019 which allows the player to move properly while aiming/strafing in third person.

If you are using 2017, it is not necessary to update to this version. Also, if you want to avoid to update to this version, here you have the new animator controller, just import it and replace the previous one if you are on 2018 or higher:
    https://mega.nz/#!G3BygYYa!5GsxXQcGhrUm5Nss0rSJnOXUeehkvSZrnM_V6mKsZ-I

Yeah, what I have planned is to use these slots similar to deus ex, so no only weapons, but any kind of inventory object can be placed on them, like a key or a heal unit, so if you press the key number of that object, it will be used, like heal the player, or use a key (in case the player is inside the range to use that type of inventory object), or a hack unit, etc...with options to configure if an object can be placed on these slots or not.

And about what you said about the jetpack, yes, for the armor/cloth system, to configure every accessory and object on the player, it will be easy to add extra slots for other objects to equip, like jetpack.

What I thought also is to have an ability system menu, so the player can have any number of abilities and this menu would allow to configure for example 4 abilities (by dragging and dropping), having 4 buttons as shortcuts (or any amount), so you can activate those abilities easily.

I will start to work soon on the inventory improvements during the current update, being the first system the armor/cloth system and from there, adding the rest of options and elements.

Also, I have been already planning how to add the inventory grid system from deus ex/resident evil 4.

Regards.

Wetw0rx and Razmot like this.
  38. hopeful

hopeful

Sounds logical to me! I'd have the abilities be in a 10-box action bar, keyed to digits 0-9, and for my purposes, have more than one bar, but you have to mouse click to activate an ability in any bars above the first, just like you'd mouse click to select a weapon / item from the personal inventory bar.

sr388 likes this.
  39. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I noticed that the inventory capture manager didn't take the captures properly (it reverses colors), I have fixed that:

This tool allows to take captures of any object, so it can be used as icons for inventory, for the UI, etc... making captures with transparent background.

And also, more progress for the dual weapon system, this time, combining multiple couple of weapons in different slots and changing between them.

The new option to show the weapon slots allows to see easily where every single or dual weapon is configured.

Yeah, it it an interesting way of work, having multiple list of this group of slots. I will think about a way to on it as well.

Regards.

Neviah likes this.
  40. hopeful

hopeful

I played a game with an action bar where you could make "unlimited" tiers. The first tier was activated by 0-9, and the next two tiers could be activated by shift or ctrl + the number. After that, you had to mouse click, but I always put all my "hot" buttons on tier 1. The abilities in the other tiers were usually used outside of combat, so I was fine using the mouse to click them. Like, if you need to turn a jet pack on/off, or a zero-g belt on/off, you either click it in the upper tiers of the action bar as needed, or if you want to integrate it into combat, you assign a keyboard key. But - at least in my philosophy - the number keys should almost always be reserved for situations where timing is critical, like attacks.

This game would also allow you to run macros to move the tiers around, which were numbered, so that if you had some sort of multi-role character, you could hit a button to toggle from one ability setup to another. I never bothered with that, but I mention it to add to your knowledge base, in case you'd never seen that before.

Oh, and there was a separate grid where collected heals and damage buffs would go. This would only be four across (and 1-6 high, depending on character level), and the f1-f4 keys would activate and consume whichever heal or buff was in the bottom row associated with that key. Then the tiles in the column above that used heal or buff would drop down a space to fill that slot. I preferred to mouse click those, but I imagine other people liked using the f-keys.

sr388 likes this.
  41. Razmot

Razmot

Only Chuck Norris can reload two shotguns at once :p

Wetw0rx, hopeful and sr388 like this.
  42. g-ulucay

g-ulucay

Hi,
    When i change "AI Friend Armed"' position, unity get error as below and dont follow player controlller.. How can i solve this problem. Thanks.

"SetDestination" can only be called on an active agent that has been placed on a NavMesh.
    UnityEngine.AI.NavMeshAgent:SetDestination(Vector3)
    AINavMesh:setAgentDestination(Vector3) (at C:/Users/g.ulucay/Desktop/papel/gokhan/11/Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/AI/AINavMesh.cs:139)

AINavMesh:Update() (at C:/Users/g.ulucay/Desktop/papel/gokhan/11/Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/AI/AINavMesh.cs:262)"

"GetRemainingDistance" can only be called on an active agent that has been placed on a NavMesh.
    UnityEngine.AI.NavMeshAgent:get_remainingDistance()
    AINavMesh:Update() (at C:/Users/g.ulucay/Desktop/papel/gokhan/11/Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/AI/AINavMesh.cs:301)

43. Neviah

Neviah

Did you bake the nav mesh prior to placing the AI Friend Armed?

sr388 likes this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Mmmm, I see, very interesting way of work. This kind of approximation to maximize the controls scheme as much as needed is something I really like. Even a button to lock unlock the mouse, and use the unlocked mouse to press on stuff on the HUD to activate or select a state/mode/power/pickup/object/etc... maybe reducing or disabling camera movement but letting the rest of controls, so player can still moving and doing any action while moving the mouse to press a certain element on the screen.

Will put all of this on the todo list, to give options to use it as needed ;)

Even William Blazkowicz needs time for it when he is holding two weapons haha. Reload actions will be added for single and dual weapons as animations or as a movement position for the weapon with a delay similar to old school games.

I think the cause is the same as @Neviah said. Is the navigation baked on that level and that AI placed inside that navigation mesh? In other case, please tell me more about the issue. You can send me a PM if you prefer, to take a better look.

Regards.

45. hopeful

hopeful

In my preferred setup, the LMB isn't used to trigger attacks, but only to select targets, interact with UI, and interact with other game world objects (clicking to activate them, much as you use a T, IIRC). So an option that allows me to use the LMB for that purpose is welcome. :)

sr388 likes this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Of course, I will add the function to lock/unlock mouse and assign a key to it. In that way, the mouse will be able to use any UI element to trigger other actions/functions on the level or the player. RTS mode for GKC will make use of this, so instead of using attacks directly, the player can select targets on the screen to attack, or press different attacks on the HUD.

Regards.

hopeful likes this.
  47. g-ulucay

g-ulucay

How can bake friends navmesh placing the AI Friend Armed?

48. sr388

sr388

That is the navigation system of unity. Open the navigation window and bake the level before play the game, setting the level objects as static. The AI will be able to move on the navigation mesh generated from baking.

upload_2019-6-13_12-43-13.png

Regards.

49. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been improving the IK system to draw/keep weapons in third person, now it has an option to configure splines, allowing to configure a much more smoother movement of the weapon:

splines 2.gif

splines 3.gif

And configure and edit the spline easily. I need to add a couple of things to this spline system, but it works better than expected. This spline can be used for any other purpose, like make an object to move following the trajectory configured, as in a system separated from weapons but can be used by them. Here an example of the spline system:

splines 1.gif

Also, here the new tutorials, focused on the inventory system, to add new objects and use them on the level:

Regards.

50. g-ulucay

g-ulucay

Thank you, Unity Navigation menu button has changed on the 2018.3 version that moved to Window/AI/Navigation.

sr388 likes this.