Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

29.9%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.1%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.1%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.7%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Wow, thank you very much for all these opinions about the designs and will help me to decide the final selection. They are similar to discord. Can't wait to use these designs on the new update.

The beta will be ready later today. In the meam time, happy new year to all of you people. 2018 has been amazing and I am very happy with all work done so far and new nice people here. Thanks also for all the support and help received.

Hope 2019 will be as good too (I am already very excited with what is coming).

Regards.

Mark_01, neodotca, Wetw0rx and 2 others like this.
  2. neoshaman

neoshaman

Happy gkc 3.0 years people! (okay it's 22h here but hey time zone is fun)

neodotca, sr388 and tgamorris76 like this.
  3. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Happy New Years everyone! I look forward to all the great things coming in 2019.

4. kotor

kotor

Can I create a top down game. I am considering buy this. There is also an asset Top down Engine that I am considering. Can I do the things with this what I can do with Top down engine ?

Thanks awesome asset

5. kotor

kotor

Also, do you have documentation that I can read before buying ?

6. sr388

sr388

Hi @kotor.

Thanks for your interest in the asset.

Yes, on update 2.4d, top down view was added (the current one that will be ready in a matter of days, though users will be able to access to last beta today, which is pretty much in the same state that the content that will be uploaded to the store). This new version is a huge update and an amazing step forward respect previous version.

This kind of view is configured with the locked camera system, which allows to configure almost any kind of fixed view (like old resident evil style, 2.5d, point and click, isometric, etc...). The system also allows to change the camera view in any moment smoothly, so for example, if you are in exterior and the player enters in a building, the camera can be displaced to a close view to the player (or vice versa, is just one of the many uses, it is very customizable).

The one last thing that I need to add to the top down view, is an option to use local movement relative to the camera orientation for the player while he moves aiming a weapon. Right now, the input WASD moves the player locally, so using S will make the player to move backward, no matter his current direction (only while aiming, in regular movement, the orientation is set by the camera orientation).

What all top down view does is use the camera orientation as direction to move, so pressing S will make the player to move down in the camera direction. This is currently like that only in when the player aims a weapon. But the option to control him with camera orientation while aiming is almost complete and will be part of the final 2.4d.

I know top down engine, though I don't know 100% all things that can do. GKC is a framework which contains a lot of elements needed in most games and even if there is a lot of elements, every one of them is being worked to be as good as possible, focusing also in that all elements and systems can interact between each others seamless and smoothly and making everything as modular and independent as possible.

About documentation, you can find it in the main forum page: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zo4xv2zc2wttw8h/Game Kit Controller Documentation 2.4b.pdf?dl=0

For current version in the store (2.4c) is not complete yet, in part due to part of the core and main structure of the asset was under development. But for update 2.4d, the core and surroundings are already complete and once this update is finished, the documentation will be update to include all previous and new content from the new version.

Tell me if you have any other doubt or question.

Ups, I forgot to answer xd. Happy new year to everyone :D. Can't wait to start with new versions.

Regards.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  7. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

The last beta for 2.4d (version 0.4) is already complete and ready to be shared with any user who want to try it. This is the last beta and almost identical to what will be released in the asset store. Like always, send me a PM in you want to get access to it.

In a few more days, 2.4d will be ready to be uploaded to the asset store, including a short trailer video.

Regards.

Mark_01, Aaron2348 and tgamorris76 like this.
  8. westryder907

westryder907

I sent you a PM, I've been anxiously waiting for GKC updates! :)

sr388 likes this.
  9. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a few of cool situations of some tests from a couple of days ago:

Regards.

Joey-Vaudeville likes this.
  10. sr388

sr388

Hi again @kotor.

Finally, the option that I said to include relative movement according to camera orientation on top down view has been added. This allows to move the player properly (as many top down view games do) using the current camera view orientation to decide the movement based on input WASD.

Here you can see its aspect with the option enabled:

You can see as the player rotation follows the cursor position

On this example, the camera has an offset while the player moves, showing a bigger part of the screen in the player forward direction

Here a closer look

This example uses the same system and mostly same settings with an isometric camera view configured

Also, more stuff from the tests of some days ago:

stuff.gif

stuff 9.gif
    Regards.

11. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been making the structure of the new trailer and have seen that the tutorial system could used videos to show mechanics or give explanations rather than add a bunch of captures. So I have added options to configure videos to be shown on it.

in the gif above, the tutorial is called when the player picks that weapon for the first time, it is configured by events too. Also, it has options to loop the video while the current panel is shown (while the player doesn't press any key) or the panel can be closed when the video ends.

In this other, the player picks the smartphone and the tutorial has 3 panels with 3 videos.

tutorial video 4.gif

tutorial video 5.gif

In these two, are triggered directly from the tutorial system inspector through buttons (and I press a button to stop them and close it or set the next video panel).

Also, in this post I attach the the full changelog of 2.4d ordered by categories, so you can take a look at it.

Regards.

Attached Files:

12. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added the full changelog in the main post of the forum, and like the file, is sorted by categories, to make it easier to read it. Here you can see it:

Full list of features of upcoming version (2.4d)
    In a few days, I will remove the current poll of this forum, giving priority to those elements from the list that haven't been added yet to GKC, according to the votes of people. After that, I will set another poll with the main elements to add from the 3.0 roadmap, to start to organize the order of features.

Btw, for the people who is using the last beta of unity 2018, I have made a new package exported and configured in that version, including the preset for the extra axes configured in the input and the tag and layers. So if any of you have had any issue while importing the beta package to a project, you can get this other package, for unity 2018.3 and higher. Like always, send me a PM.

Today, I will record most clips of the new trailer and check the rest of scenes of the project.

Regards.

13. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Awesome. I sent you a PM about the 2018.3 version. Thanks

Joey-Vaudeville and sr388 like this.
  14. sr388

sr388

Thanks men. And message answered.

I have almost finished to check the previous scenes from the asset and this will be complete today. So last thing to do is to edit the clips for the trailer....yay!

Btw, I forgot to include a couple of things in the full changelog, one of them is the mission/objective system (which is already complete since a few weeks ago). I will include it today too.

Regards.

Mark_01 and yoshistory like this.
  15. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

While recording the clips for the trailer, I found a way to complete a feature that was almost finished a couple of updates ago, but didn't work properly until now: Circle map.

With icons out of the minimap limited by a radius and also (like the limit of the minimap square window but with a circle limit), working with the map rotating, facing always the same direction as the player's forward. Here a gif about it:

And here just a clip of the trailer, with the player carrying a battery to a receiver to unlock a door:

Almost all clips are recorded for the trailer, just need to select the proper and finish the editing, so this week, the update will be sent to the asset store.

Regards.

16. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an extra camera view state in the player camera, this time, an over the shoulder view. Along with it, two extra fields in the player camera component to configure the default third person and first person string name states, allowing to set which views are used by default on states.

This combined with the option to follow camera direction for the player (with the option to only facing that direction while moving), allows to configure the standard over the shoulder view from a lot of games, like resident evil, god of war, the last of us, gears of war, dead space, etc... with a closer camera when the player aims a weapon/tool.

I configured these settings to record a clip about it for the trailer:

This is configured with the camera states list, so it is very flexible and easy to add and configure new views with different stats.

The only element needed would be to add the extra animations and fields in the animator layer to allow the player to run in this kind of view, and it is something that will be added too in 3.0 (one of the first things actually).

Regards.

tgamorris76 and uni7y like this.
  17. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Everything goes very well to complete the update this week. I have almost all clips recorded.

Here a few ones from the locked camera view (isometric), while driving, including camera position limits and the weapon system on vehicles to aim freely on the screen, and ignoring to shooting at the player's vehicle.

Regards.

neoshaman and uni7y like this.
  18. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Another take, this time, on top down along with a system to make meshes between the player and the camera transparent and fade them using a capsule raycast. Also, it shows the attachment editor, which can be used on any view along with the grenade launcher attachment, which allows to use a secondary shoot on the assault rifle.

Btw, I have talked with Malbers developer and we have shared vouchers. I have some of his animals controllers, including horses pro. I want to make some tests to add the possession/override system to them so the player can control him in any moment. I will start with this the next week, after complete 2.4d update.

The horse pro riding system will be integrated at some point of 3.0. The possession ability for them will arrive before of that, but that system is made to be able to be used in any kind of controller, not only from Malbers, but anyone else.

Regards.

19. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Another clip that I want to show:

I just add the head track component to friendly AI, doesn't need nothing extra to work and since half life 2, I love this look at player system.

Regards.

tgamorris76, magique, Mark_01 and 3 others like this.
  20. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

So after spending a good amount of time with the new update and Unity 2018.3, I gotta say I'm very impressed. The wonders never cease with GKC and 2.4d is a perfect example. The additions to the UI, the physics, etc and the increased modularity of the asset along with some much needed fixes make this update so damn sweet.

I've tested the systems I'm most familiar with like vehicles, AI, the character creator and numerous devices (doors, elevators, terminals). Every update just gets more polished and the workflows more fluid.

The new inventory menu is a huge improvement and the weapon attachment system is solid and well implemented. Marking enemies is perfectly executed and a great addition. The avatar is so much more life-like with the wall touch thing and the whole grab physical objects system is 10/10. Everything tying in with Unity events to add easy expandability. I haven't tried any of the demo scenes or new gravity features, but that's definitely next...

It seems like you're really paying attention to the forum suggestions and getting so much done. This is a very clean update sir, thanks again.

The annoying map object info null ref is gone
    Absolutely zero errors/warnings on 2018.3 and the character creator works like a charm. The asset has been organized quite nicely as well and the new and old systems seem to be working with no issues. Maybe I'm just symbiotically merging with GKC from all the use lol but even in a heavy project like the one I got going, GKC just works. Not in a Todd Howard just works kind of way either.

Btw, plugging in the input and tags presets was easy and gave no problems.

As always, keep up the great work bro and I'll let you know if I run into any issues.

tgamorris76, sr388, Mark_01 and 2 others like this.
  21. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Using Morph3D character.
    When making an enemy in the creator, I was having issues with the character inventory not becoming child of character mesh upon death. Easy fix: I just permanently placed the character inventory game object in the right place (abdomen upper, I think) using the enemy AI prefab as an example. The new Unity prefab workflow helps in this regard and cranking out different versions of AIs was quick and easy. Also, setting up the grab physical system to pick up dead bodies was straight forward and worked with minimal tweaking. The hard part (ragdoll, collider) was handled automatically by GKC.
    I set the spine vector to 0,.8,0 and set the head transform for the head burst system. Everything except the head burst/slowdown thing works perfectly.

AIs made in this way behave as intended and drop items when killed, can be looted and carried around BUT for some reason the head burst/slowmo thing doesn't work. I haven't looked deeply into it since I don't get any errors from it and I can still one shot kill the AIs with a headshot. Maybe I put the wrong transform in the head burst program idk. No other problems at all after more thorough testing with Morph3d. :)

tgamorris76, sr388 and Mark_01 like this.
  22. sr388

sr388

Hi @Wetw0rx.

Thank you very for this detailed and extended feedback, I love it :)

Very happy about and it and also glad that improvements for workflow and to make it more extendable are useful.

Thanks to you for the testing and for telling here. Yeah, suggestions are really important for me and all of them are taking into account (and added in the todo list).

We are GKC.....I mean, Venom.

Hahaha, love Todd Howard memes xd.

Happy to hear that, in the final version of the store, those steps won't be necessary. The export system of unity works weird sometimes.

Again, thanks for all this feedback @Wetw0rx. It is hugely useful and help to know better if the direction the asset is taking is correct or not.

Do you mean the inventory of the AI for looting after death, right?

Yeah, these objects are modular, so they can be placed anywhere (it is the same system as the physical inventory bank in the level). For 2.4d, the character creator works slightly different in the meaning that objects inside character's body are not removed, they are placed in the new character's model, avoiding the need to reassign variables and fields in different inspectors, so it is much better and simple now with better working.

So for things like inventory loot gameObject for AI is not assigned in any inspector, so they can be added later if the developer needs it. But I will add a general system to configure extra elements to be placed in the character builder (this also happens with the grab physical object for ragdoll on dead characters, it needs to be reassigned in the case they want to be used on new AI characters).

And with this, configurations as dismemberment for new characters needs also to be configured, due to create a new character uses a new skeleton, so the bones and places used for the dismemberment (done using the weak spot health system events) can't be stored between different skeletons.

In health inspector, you can see the events configured on it:

upload_2019-1-14_22-9-55.png

The killed in one shoot can be disabled if you don't want the character do die if he is damage in that spot. In that case, the event is triggered if the last spot damaged is this spot, in this case, the head. Similar configuration is made on limbs:

upload_2019-1-14_22-11-42.png
    In this case, every limb contains a health amount (included in the general health of the character), so if the character receives 20 or more units of damage in that limb, the event is triggered, setting the scale of the arm bone to 0 and activating blood particles.

Tell me if you are able to configure what you need with this. In other case, we can make a teamviewer session to take a look.

For 2.4d, MCS characters have been checked and work properly. In 3.0, UMA will be checked too, so it work properly as well.

Btw, I keep recording clips for the trailer, I will complete all this recording and will start the editing today (it should take about a day to complete this video).

Regards.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Mark_01, tgamorris76 and Wetw0rx like this.
  23. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Ok, I have complete the clips recording (yay), so I have started to edit the trailer. I will post it here as soon as it is done. I will also show the final new designs selected for the asset in the store (the designs for the main images on the store that were shown here a few weeks ago).

Here a couple of gifs with the option to damage characters on ragdoll state on collision, like falling from a high height. In this case, the player launches an enemy using the push objects power and in the other, throwing a battery at his back, knocking him. And the impact is hard enough to kill him.

Regards.

tgamorris76, Mark_01, Razmot and 2 others like this.
  24. nl2012

nl2012

To start off, this GKC is a shiny diamond, a briljant programmed asset.

One thing I can’t get solved (Unity 2017 latest stable release). Even with move when aim checkbox enabled the controller doesn’t move (3rd Person) (tested on unity terrain). The weird thing is on a (test) Gaia terrain it slides (no walk animation). If there’s no easy answer no problem I do a reinstall and try again, before using it in my main project. Keep up your great work and thanks
    ps looks like it doesn't save the checkbox setting anymore because it used to work on both terrains

sr388 likes this.
  25. VENOMOUS09

VENOMOUS09

when is the new update coming out

26. sr388

sr388

Hi @nl2012.

Thank you very much for your nice words, very happy to know you like this asset :)

I am not totally sure of what you mean, can you tell me more? The player is not moving on aim mode (weapons/powers)? Maybe some import error happened, does console show any message while playing?

The player should be able to move on any kind of environment, 3d meshes, terrain from unity or other systems like Gaia (does Gaia use an specific layer for its terrain?).

If you want, we can make a teamviewer session to take a look at it. Also, in case you don't know, if you already have GKC, you can get access to beta 2.4d, though in a matter of days, this update will be sent to the store.

Hi @VENOMOUS09

The update is already complete, I am mostly working on the video trailer and new captures for the store (it is important to make this properly due update 2.4d is almost like a new whole asset). But just a few more days to have all ready, later this week.

Sorry for all the waiting time, this won't happen again in future update, which will have a regular arrival for about 1-2 month as maximum for each one.

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  27. magique

magique

fus roh dah!

sr388 likes this.
  28. sr388

sr388

Epic music start to playing...

magique likes this.
  29. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

I am in the process of purchasing this asset but would like to start with version 2.4d already. If I buy and contact you via email with the invoice number, would you send me that version?

sr388 likes this.
  30. sr388

sr388

Hi @EstudioVR.

Thanks for your intereset in the asset.

Of course, if you have GKC, you can get access to the beta.

The new update will be ready in a matter of days, but in any moment before that, you can get access to beta 2.4d.

Send me a PM here, on discord or by support email (located in the documentation and in my publisher page) if you want the beta version.

Regards.

31. VENOMOUS09

VENOMOUS09

thank you

sr388 likes this.
  32. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to show some examples of the possession system as I think the control over turrets has been barely shown.

Controlling an enemy an attacking a friendly turret.

Here controlling an enemy turret attacking another turret from the same faction.

Using the laser instead the machine gun with a friendly turret.

And here, the player uses the self destruct action of an enemy turret, which applies force and damage around (configured by events on death).

For the trailer, I would like to add a short clip controlling one of the Malbers animals with this possession system, to show that can be configured to work with any type of controller with only a few settings and very quickly.

Regards.

mindfulmx and Mark_01 like this.
  33. nl2012

nl2012

Thank you for your quick response. I did a fresh import of GKC (saves us both time ;)). All is working fine again. Have a nice day.
    ps there was nothing in the logs and Gaia does use the default Unity terrain layer.

sr388 likes this.
  34. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

Is it compatible with any VR system?

sr388 likes this.
  35. sr388

sr388

Cool, happy to hear that :)

VR hasn't been integrated yet, but it is planned. The only reason to not be present yet is due to I haven't a VR kit to work (due to its price). But with the arrival of oculus quest (I think it will be available in april), I think I will pick that kit to work in VR integration for GKC and from there, most VR system should be easy to adapt, with only a few modifications.

It shouldn't take too much time to complete this integration, at least for the most basic elements in any VR game, and after that, more game schemes, controls types and customization will be included, to allow to use every feature in VR shameless.

Like that, it will allow to make games with views on third and first person, camera floating away from the player, etc.. as games like Moss, Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Chronos, etc....

In this post, I talked about VR (look also a few more posts after this): https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...nd-more-demo-2-4d.351456/page-46#post-3786979

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  36. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

The trailer is complete at 50% (I started to edit it 10 hours ago). Here some discarded clips gathered in a single video:

Regards.

mindfulmx likes this.
  37. EstudioVR

EstudioVR

"VR hasn't been integrated yet, but it is planned. The only reason to not be present yet is due to I haven't a VR kit to work (due to its price). But with the arrival of oculus quest (I think it will be available in april), I think I will pick that kit to work in VR integration for GKC and from there, most VR system should be easy to adapt, with only a few modifications."

Hi, thanks for your reply. I work with VR. I will buy the Kit today. I have Rift, Vive Pro, Go, Leap Motion, etc. If you need some beta during the adaptation, I can help. :)

sr388 likes this.
  38. sr388

sr388

You are full equipped haha. Thanks for the support. Yeah, as soon as I get my hands in a VR kit (hope oculus quest arrives by spring asap), I will start to work with it.

By that time, GKC will be available in a repository (in fact, it will be already this month if everything goes well), so it will be easier to work on new elements and allow users to have access to it at any moment, allowing to further tests too, include custom solutions/addons from users.

Regards.

Wetw0rx and Mark_01 like this.
  39. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I still working in the trailer editing, cutting clips like Edward Scissorhands.

In a break, I have made finally a video showing the possession/override system. Here you can see it:

I will make short showcase videos like this for the new elements in 2.4d after complete the update. This weekend the video and store draft should be finished.

Regards.

tgamorris76, uni7y and Mark_01 like this.
  40. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Looking good.
    Btw, the top down camera views are not configured in the vehicle camera script for the aircraft. The transforms are there so it just needs to be set by default. Not a big deal but can trip up those less familiar with GKC. It causes a null ref for the vehicle weapons script as well as the vehicle camera script so it could cause confusion. All the other vehicles are fine. The car's new UI is great!
    Fantastic update. The new gravity features are so cool.

sr388 and Mark_01 like this.
  41. sr388

sr388

Thanks @Wetw0rx, happy to hear you like it :) (probably gravity is what I like the most, can't wait to add vacuum, air management, etc....).

I will check the vehicle camera on the aircraft, maybe I forgot to configure the top down camera view type, thanks for telling me.

Btw, here an overview video, showing most elements of the new update 2.4d. Hope you like it:

It contains the same parts that will be shown in the final trailer, which should be ready, later today.

Regards.

42. DelRod

DelRod

hello!! i liked : 6 - 6 - 6 - lol ;)

sr388 likes this.
  43. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Finally, the trailer of update 2.4d is here:

Tell me what you think about it. There are a lot more of features besides the seen in the video, check the changelog on the main post of the forum to see it.

The update will be uploaded to the store in the next two days (the trailer was the cause of the extra delay).

Regards.

Testmobile, neodotca, Wetw0rx and 5 others like this.
  44. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

man.. you really nned to create your own game and became famous..

45. Razmot

Razmot

Wow I was not aware of this :

46. magique

magique

Fantastic. Very nicely done.

sr388 likes this.
  47. VENOMOUS09

VENOMOUS09

you did a really good job , but i have a question why didn't you show the powers you can shot out your hand ? did you remove it

sr388 likes this.
  48. sr388

sr388

Haha, thanks men. In fact, I want to use GKC one day to make a game. In the meantime, I will keep working on this GKC, so it can become a framework totally complete, containing everything needed to make a game since beginning to end.

Yeah, it is the interface system for vehicles. I took inspiration from star citizen, allowing to configure any stat on any vehicle through a 3d hud in front of the player, allowing to unlock the cursor to press button, configure elements, enabling systems and anything needed in real time. Also, the system is highly customizable, using events, so it can pretty much do anything you need, calling any function for any part of a vehicle.

This allows things like change between weapons, disable/enable them, activate security cameras, eject from vehicle, use the radio system and more. And these are just examples.

I can't wait to see this in an spatial ship, with cargo system, more interaction elements and the player able to move inside that vehicle, including gravity inside the ship, allowing to enable and disable ingame too.

Thank you very much, happy to hear that.

Thanks. No, the powers haven't been removed, and they have also been improved on this update, with a much better customization system, similar to weapons, allowing to set new behaviors for projectiles and new powers easily. Not only powers haven't been shown in this video but a lot of new features, to get a short trailer (I like long videos, but most people like to see short and concentrated trailers, to get an idea of what an asset can do quickly).

I have recorded like 100 minutes of clips showing content of the asset haha, maybe in some days/weeks, I could make a video with all the clips joint, so people can take a deeper look to them.

Haha, thanks man.

Regards.

neodotca and YucelBrendel like this.
  49. YucelBrendel

YucelBrendel

Hi everyone :D i hope you all doing well and having an enjoyable time working on your projects :D

This is the reason why i love you santi hehe :D (mi amor) #nohomo^^ its better to share the knowledge with other and teaching them. doing a framework like that is a great way, thank you very much :)

wish you all alot of success and all the best,enjoy your time

greets

sr388 likes this.
  50. uni7y

uni7y

I'm not impatient, but just to be sure, have you already sent the update to the asset store?
    then I know if I have to put my sleeping bag near my computer :D

sr388, neodotca and YucelBrendel like this.