Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.7%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.2%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.5%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added a wizard to add an already created generic character object in any other AI or player character to avoid any manual step on it, similar to how the wizards to add already created melee or fire weapon works to be added to other characters:

Also, I added a check on the death function to close any opened menu ingame that the player had before dying, so it is reset and closed properly:

Regards.

2. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added a new wizard to configure new "vehicles" with generic models instead of regular vehicle models, so you can ride them, allowing to configure anything to ride and move through animations, from horses, to deer, birds, etc...

Of course, tweaks can be applied once created, including the rider position and IK.

Regards.

eaque, Kennth, MorpheusXI and 2 others like this.
  3. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Good day of work, here an example of the grappling hook working properly now on zero gravity, taken inspiration from games like infinite warfare, in both 1st and 3rd person view:

Regards.

4. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have improved the tool bar system, allowing to update the values better now for the rows, in case you want to move the wizard window to any place, along adding some new buttons:

Regards.

5. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the wizard to add a generic model prefab to AI characters, like with the player:

Regards.

Mark_01, Kennth and MorpheusXI like this.
  6. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

As easy as the wizards are right now to use, the problem I see with them is you include everything in the auto-generation. All, weapons, all UI, etc. It would be nice to have options on the wizard such as having the ability to select the camera style, checkboxes for weapons and abilities to include, and, checkboxes for UI elements and menu options to automatically add, etc.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  7. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Good day of progress, I have finished most tasks to check the AI stuff, including adding some more examples of abilities to use, such as throw meteor or summon minions (which could also summon more minions):

The meteor is configured to damage the AI as well, but this can be also disabled, according to your needs.
    I have planned to work in next updates in an interface for the main managers similar to this type of wizards, to make the organization even better:

And the wizards will include more options. Right now, you can set most of the main important settings and systems on the character creator, for both AI and player:

Regards.

Mark_01, Kennth, MorpheusXI and 2 others like this.
  8. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here another example of extended shape shifting system to be used on any external controller through the general ride/drive system, so you can override/control any external animal/vehicle controller from the store or custom made, like turning into a bird/raven or flying thing haha:

Regards.

9. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a new tutorial video to configure new objects to grab and carry physically:

Regards.

10. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have finished most tasks and testing on the AI, including more improvements on their ability system and more examples on it here an example of the laser vision while using melee weapons (the abilities can be used on any attack mode), slicing a friend AI with it:

Regards.

11. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a new tutorial video, showing an example of how to configure a mission to kill x enemies and activate stuff or events with it:

Regards.

12. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have configured the possession system so the melee weapon input is configured on the AI, allowing the player to use that attack mode on the possessed AI, inspired on mario odyssey:

More tutorials and examples of the mission system will be added, including more options and new improvements added during this new update.

Regards.

13. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a preview of the improved save system which now saves the info of states (including options for position/rotation, events for active or inactive and more) of dynamic objects in between scenes (dropped or picked pickups and objects, dead or spawned AI, places where inventory objects were used like unlocked doors, vehicles moving in between scene and more:

Regards

14. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I improved the main managers administrator system, so by default the managers are placed inside a main parent, to have a more organized hierarchy, including when creating a new player:

Regards.

15. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have extended the ability system brain on the AI to allow to trigger events, so it can activate other actions to attack, such as melee attacks with the fire weapon, just like the player:

Regards.

16. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

The grappling hook can be used on other traversal actions, such as swimming, checking the enter and exit from water as well:

Regards.

17. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

A final beta for the new update 3.03-3 is available, so any person who has the asset and wants to give a try, send me a PM. I will post the final changelog in a couple of days and the update it self should be sent to the store by the weekend.

Here a couple of interesting things that I have configured is the possibility of activate gestures to play animations, similar to dark souls and other online games:

Also, I configured the scanner system through the ability system and set an event option which calls to the reward system, so you can get XP from scanning things for example:

Regards.

18. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an option on the objects to interact with the hook system to grab or interact with the objects when close enough, like picking weapons or grabbing objects or enemies:

Regards.

Mark_01, Kennth, MorpheusXI and 3 others like this.
  19. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the melee weapon throw/return actions to activate events on objects, allowing to set separated events on each action, like opening/closing a door or spawning objects on throw or return:

And here a stress test with about 60 AI on scene:

Regards.

20. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a new tutorial video to use the event trigger system, which can be used to configure logic ingame easily, and it can be used along any other asset too:

Regards.

21. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Abilities can be used now on air, including free floating mode, flying, etc... and I am going to configure them on swim state too:

I have been adjusting a couple of elements of the close combat on air, will show more about it tomorrow.

Regards.

22. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have improved the shatter option of the slice system, so objects can be broken more than sliced with this option, from projectiles, damage, collisions, etc...

I also configured a new weapon example, a big one haha

Regards.

23. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the abilities being used on swim state:

The last tasks that I need to complete are tweaks and minor fixes from the feedback that I got from the last couple of betas, so the new update is almost ready :D

Regards.

Kennth, MorpheusXI and EN_Games like this.
  24. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the hook system with options to use an offset position to reach and to also stop the player movement, so it can be used for more precises places to reach, similar to sekiro or batman arkham games:

Regards.

eaque, Mark_01, Kennth and 2 others like this.
  25. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a new button added on the tool bar, to move around the current selected object on the hierarchy on the where the camera looks in the scene window:

Regards.

Kennth, MorpheusXI and EN_Games like this.
  26. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Another good day of progress, I also configured a new example of fire ability which can be used while moving, to turn your self into a distributor napalm haha:

Regards.

27. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here another element added on the save/load objects state on scene, allowing to store a list of stats values now, so the health/fuel/boost of vehicles or AI can be saved as well, or any type of value:

Regards.

EN_Games, Mark_01 and Kennth like this.
  28. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

here a test of the improved save system with an example of a dig action example configured through the condition system (allowing only to dig if the player is currently carrying a shovel), just like the torch example, to dig on the ground to check for objects or treasures there haha:

You can see the info is saved so once the place are dug, they can't be used again, and same for the lock on the inventory bank once opened.

Regards.

EN_Games, Mark_01 and Kennth like this.
  29. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a test for the touch control panel, which includes events to activate the touch control on the external vehicle controller, so now they can be controlled on mobile as well

I am going to configure an example on the universal vehicle controller with it asap. Here the option which allows to use it:

Regards.

Mark_01, EN_Games and StevenPicard like this.
  30. Razmot

Razmot

Is the next version in its own Assembly Definition ?

I just imported 3-03-2B from the asset store and the fact that all gkc's files are in the default Assembly-CSharp project made my visualstudio community 2019 16.9.4 super slow .

31. sr388

sr388

Not yet, but it is on the todo list to do, if not for the upcoming update, for a small patch after it, so it can imported again without problem.

Regards.

32. Razmot

Razmot

FYI, I just created an assembly definition in the main "Game kit controller" folder , left everything by default in the assembly def inspector, and my existing character controller + the custom inspectors still work fine (unity 2020.3.33f1)

sr388 likes this.
  33. sr388

sr388

Cool, glad to hear hat. If I have the chance, I maybe configure it for the upcoming update, as it is going to be ready in a few days. I am finishing last minor checks and testing :D

Regards.

34. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Good day of progress, I have finished the checks on the improved save system so far and just need to finish a few more on the AI and a couple more of minor elements I would like to have a new beta this weekend and take a few more days for the final release.

In the meantime, here some silly hooks, weapons, explosions and bullet time things:

Regards.

Mark_01 and EN_Games like this.
  35. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been configuring the extra actions option on the melee weapons, along an example for the free dig action anywhere (will show that tomorrow).

It hasn't needed too much additions and it is now a very general option, so it can be used on many other ways, not only for digging, but to use any custom action on melee weapons as extra actions so if you use a for example a guitar sword as melee weapon (why not) you could activate a dedicated action to play it, including sounds haha.

That could be used to confuse the enemies and activate a fuzzy state on them for example (or even set them on fire):

You can see here the settings, all is very general customization, so it is not limited or linked to a specific element, allowing a lot of possibilities for it:

Regards.

36. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

There is a new option on the AI attack mode for range attacks, allowing to make them to fire directly from their position (or setting a longer range as well):

So once they detect the target or are attacked, they will open fire from their position directly.

Regards.

37. Razmot

Razmot

:)

sr388 likes this.
  38. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Tasks are complete, I am finishing now the minor adjustments on the demo scenes, so getting into the final step of the update, to have all ready to sent to the store :)

@Razmot here an example of the extra actions on melee weapons to use a remote event searcher, so it can activate remote events on objects inside a radius, to trigger effects, such as make the enemies to sleep:

Regards.

39. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

The update 3.03-3 is complete and sent the Asset Store, so in a matter of 1-2 days it should be available in the asset store.

Thanks to all the people for your huge patience with this update, it has been a long wait but I hope the new version worth it, and now some good coffee and starting to plan the next update :smile: (but before of that, I need to sleep about 1 day xd)

Here the full changelog of this new version:

GKC 3.03-3 Changelog

Regards.

40. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

The new update 3.03-3 is already live on the asset store (a little reminder to always make backups of your projects before anything else).

Also, there are new animations added on the examples of the action system and other movements, so I recommend to check the public repository of the asset to get the new animation package (more info on the doc, in the external files section).

Thanks for all the kind words and interest while working on this new update, it means a lot for me and really motivates to keep working more in the asset.

Time to start with the new update already, which will be focused on multiplayer online, crafting and VR integration along other elements.

Regards.

41. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I am happy to show you the initial testing with the new character model that will be used on GKC in the next update, which is modular and will have examples of the armor/cloth system with it and different sets:

All the models, props and objects are going to be revamped for a new visual aspect of the asset, to make it much better :D

You can also see models made by this artist on the asset store as well:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/12741

Regards.

42. neoshaman

neoshaman

What happened to Don Quichotte? And the others? You changed artists?

sr388 likes this.
  43. sr388

sr388

The Don Quichotte model is from an asset which is already on the store:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/elijah-polygonal-modular-character-182985

The artist who made it gave me a lite version of it for showcase purposes. But the one that is in process now will be the definitive, and will include many armor/cloth sets and more will arrive in the future, having these examples ready to try and use out of the box on GKC, along its armor/cloth system :D

So this new version, including the above elements will be ready asap during the next weeks. If all goes well, it could be ready this month, while the artist makes the sets and I finish a few elements of the main armor/cloth system, as most of the elements were complete while I was working in the recent update.

Regards.

44. neoshaman

neoshaman

I see, then where did the black girl came from? :O

45. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the dialogue system using the conditions to check if the player carries certain inventory objects, to trigger a result or another, getting a reward or a penalty from checking the inventory objects on the player for example:

It is included on the scene manager demos.
    That model wasn't complete and that artist is busy now with other works.

Regards.

46. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Another option which was added on the recent update is for the free fall action, so you can actually increase your fall speed by moving the body of the player down, instead of being horizontal to the ground haha:

Regards.

47. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an improved gravity wall run ability and the free fall turbo action has an option to avoid damage fall on that state (can be disabled too):

Regards.

48. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of using equipped objects through the quick access slots already available on the recent update.

On the clip, I equip a parachute to deploy it or keep it by using its key number on the inventory slots at any moment (it can be used to activate events on the usage of any equipped objects):

And here for consumables to activate abilities for example, like pushing objects around and apply damage to them:

Regards.

49. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a new tutorial video, to use the placement tool to move objects around the scene, in a single click, either player, AI, vehicles, and any object in your project without limit:

Regards.

50. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an option already available to initialize a value of the game options even when not loading the game, like setting the initial default volume or any of the options ingame configued on the main list:

Regards.

Mark_01, EN_Games and StevenPicard like this.