Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.0%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.1%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.5%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.6%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.4%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Hi Tym.

do you mean an update of the current state of the version 2.3.5?

In that case, it is almost finished. I have spent the last week making a lot of improvements to most of the systems in 2.3 and 2.3.5, so everything works (even) better now. Also, I am testing features one by one, checking that there are not any kind of issue. To the previous list of features added for 2.3.5, I have a new changelog:
    • Vehicles control improved
    • Now the gravity arrows in the scene work with the vehicles too
    • When the vehicles are searching a new gravity surface, the input doesn't move the wheels.
    • Now, in aim mode you can grab the vehicles, throw them and set a new gravity by pressing the left button of the mouse, looking to any direction
    • Pressing left ctrl when you ared driving and the camera will move away and set it back in its regular position
    • 2 new weapons in the car, the double machine gun and a seeker missile launcher which go to the closest enemy in front of the player
    • Sounds added to every power
    • If a code terminal has a lock icon, by pressing it you can hack the terminal to get the pass. The same system has been added to the turrets, to hack them
    • Hologram doors added in the right of the level. It works like in dead space, when you are inside the trigger of the hologram, press the use device button (T by default), and the door is opened. But first, you have to hack the code terminal in the left side of the door in the demo scene.

I have made a pc build with the current state of the update, so you can try it and tell me what you think. I have noticed already a couple of issues in the demo, which will be fixed of course. a couple of things: the sounds in vehicles are from other asset, so they are place holder, they will be changed for the release. Also, in the pc demo you can try the touch controls.

Here the download link: https://mega.nz/#!rcUkwQbB!gTSSCxerYhRbWCPVbD88bgQtD5eWeZm44ESwOjhiBrc

So, this week, if everything goes right, the version 2.3.5 will be uploaded, NO MORE DELAYS.

Anyway, if you test the demo, tell me what you think.

Regards.

TymNetwork likes this.
  2. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I keep working in the update, adding new improvements. Now every joystick can be configured ingame too, allowing to make them invisible, follow the finger, hide on release and use them as touchpad, (new feature added) allowing to play with more precision.

The only work left to do is finishing the new documetation, add some comments and make the new video. Once this is done, I will make video tutorials (like the tutorials in the doc) of every system in the asset.

Here a new version of the demo with the last features added, new fixes and new vehicle sounds:

PC: https://mega.nz/#!bAFiBaBA!h7mgrRH0lkvWEKpJ0Tlh6Bc8VqdMYMj0TlLsFZQyKK8

Android: https://mega.nz/#!KNUkmY4L!M3j33zhFpGJq7bU-YJ-UQuM59Tph7xUZlhgD3D7z_Cs

Regards.

Mainc0de and Mayureshete like this.
  3. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

The update is almost finished (muhahaha only doc to do). Here a video with the full list of features for 2.3.5. You will notice at the end two new ones, a procedural elevator system and controllable security cameras.

Also, new demo version with some fixes and improvements: https://mega.nz/#!OMcT0SZB!fKR59-MD3WEYeIruww6yQKiE5Cl98X-zR3KJycaULKQ

Hope you like it.

Regards and happy e3.

Mainc0de likes this.
  4. neoshaman

neoshaman

sr388 likes this.
  5. sr388

sr388

I have seen your code. Is similar to my system, the key is checking the orientation, the surface below the player and a deep understanding of local and global 3d vectors.

In my case, it took me approximately 5 months to get the basic system to work with a full mecanim model. In part due to I was still learning ( and currently I still learning) some parts of unity and game development. But I really had a lot of fun (and sometimes frustration) while I was making it.

Watching and playing gravity rush and mario galaxy helped a lot to get an idea of the mechanic.

Maybe the best start is making a simple object which has its own gravity direction, with useGravity unchecked in its rigidbody, and once it works, the allow to move it throught the surface.

Now, you are thinking with gravity (portal 2 reference xd)

Regards and see you floating around.

neoshaman likes this.
  6. neoshaman

neoshaman

Oh i still don't get the basic lol, I still know nothing about mecanim! I'm still not sure how to add skidding when your entire referential keep changing! There is no concept of left and right (locally it's always forward) and globally it could up one frame and left the second, how do you compare a delta then :eek:! I wanted to make a kind of sonic galaxy :D.

Aligning to the surface normal is the easy one, then solving direction within 3 more references (local, global, camera) was hell lol! I choked because I was thinking surface, but around the normal there is infinite possible valid directions! Thinking in 3d indeed was the solution, to not assume surface.

But our system is actually more complex than mario galaxy, they have neutralized cam control to avoid the hassle of having two reference to track lol!

7. sr388

sr388

Yeah, I used to get a lot of confusion with the different attributes of transform, to translate from local to global and so, but after a while, you understand the whole system. But even sometimes, it can get still confunsing xd.

For example, for the vehicle weapon, the barrel launcher can make parables, from the vehicle to the hit point with the camera. This work good in regular gravity. But for walls and ceils, the barrel was launched and the regular gravity was attracting it to the ground, and it didn't reach its objective.

So, I add the system that I use to change gravity for objects with the barrels too, so when the vehicle is in another surface, the barrel has a new gravity, making the parable correctly.

The same problem happened with the line renderer of the barrel launcher, I had to translate from global vector to local to make them work properly.

I was really happy when everything worked togheter haha

neoshaman likes this.
  8. sr388

sr388

Good news everyone.

FINALLY, the version 2.3.5 has been uploaded.

So, maybe for friday, the asset store team could release it.

Here the final version of the demo (also in the main post along with the android demos):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c22gxwy2afgwdcn/GTC 2.3.5 PC demo.rar?dl=0

I hope that you like and enjoy the new features.

But it is not time to relax. There is a hell of new features to add, so time to back to the work.

Regards (fly away in a gravity controlled motorbike).

Mayureshete and hopeful like this.
  9. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

It still lacks AI tho, may be a simple AI which stays on the surface that we have assigned to no need to follow the player will also do for start....

BTW nice updates... :D

sr388 and RonnyDance like this.
  10. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Nice that 2.3.5 is coming out. The Demo looks really awesome. Can't wait to test it in my project. You did a great job by deliver so many new Scien-Fi Features!
    In my opinion the next features should be some essential "non scien-fi" features, to make the controller suitable for projects that have nothing to do with Scien-Fi.
    So now it's time for some Fantasy Features ;)
    My Wishlist for 2.4.0 (ordered by priority):

Weapon / Combat System (Essential Controller Feature):
    - Different Weapon Combat Systems. And most important, not only Scien-Fi stuff: Sword, Bow / Arrows, Pistols, Spells, Shield, etc.
    - Add Hand Combat to the Asset out of the box.

For inspiration: Take a look to Invectors Controller: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/44227
    You see some nice Sword Shield Combat System there.

Missing / Better Animations (Essential Controller Feature):

- Long time in the Wish List: Climbing Animation for the Character.
    - I remember that Dodging Animations / Teleports were also on the list?
    - Footplacement Feature :)

Tested 3rd Asset Support (Essential Feature)

- Before starting with own System like Inventory System I would buy and test the compatibility to most used and bought Assets like: Inventory Pro and Dialog System for Unity. Lot of people will use this Assets on top of your Controller, also if you add own coded systems, that do the same. And only by writing that you support and ve tested the other assets with your controller, will make the Controller be bought more often.

AI Enemies Script (Nice to have):
    - Let Enemies use the new Weapon / Combat System, so they can do the same like players.
    - Let them Dodge using new Dodge System
    - Easy Helper Classes / Documentation how to create own AI with timers, etc.

For inspiration: Take a look to Invectors Controller: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/44227
    You see Enemies do mostly the same like player.

Fantasy Features (Fantasy Alternative to your Scien-Fi Features to make the Controller also interesting for other Game Styles)
    -
    Horse Riding as alternative of "Future" Vehicles like Cars, Hoverboard

Take inspiration from Fantasy Movies / Games ;)

Camera Features (Nice to have)
    -
    Manully Zoom Camera Feature (normaly on Mouse Wheel) would be a good addition.

Well that's all for now. You see lot of stuff, which I know you are already working on it. So I am really looking forward to 2.4!

Two open questions:
    - With 2.4 you will change the Name of the Asset?
    - I am still facing the problem that my Character (in first or third person) moves by itself on uneven terrain. So if I am staying on a little cliff or just a small higher terrain part my chars moves until it is on even terrain. Did someone fix this problem or face it also?

Keep up and great work like always!
    Cheers
    Ronny

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    sr388 likes this.
  11. sr388

sr388

Of course. I have thought about some types of AI. A simple AI zombie with ragdoll, to have fun with vehicle with weapons, with a wave system.

Another couple of AI for vehicles, one for the vehicle itselft, so you can call it andt it comes to your position. For the vehicle weapons an automatic option, so when you are close to enemies, the weapon turret fires by itself or you can set back to manual.

Other AI, similar to a drone that you can carry on your back. Once it is enabled, it flies close to you, firing to any possible enemy. Also,once the hook weapon is done, you will can order to the drone to stay in a place to act as a joint used by the hook, so the player can cross a big gap, or reach any height, similar to the hook gun from ratchet and clank.

This drone will have more actions that you can use through a menu.

Also, I am thinking in making a boss (or a stronger enemy) with different phases to destroy it.

I didn't include none of this to not delay more the release, but I will try to add these AI and more as soon as I can.

Weapon / Combat System (Essential Controller Feature):
    The first feature that I will start to work is the weapon system for the player. My objective is make it without animations needed, and allowing to set any type of weapon like guns, rifles, shotgun,.... and other with other uses, like gravity and portal guns, hooks, etc... Even one gun for every hand.

And of course, I want to make this system able to be used with melee weapons, like bows, shields allowing to use a waypoint system to configure how every attack will be, without animations needed if you don't want it.

Missing / Better Animations (Essential Controller Feature):

One of the updates will be focus in this subject. The foot placement wasn't include in 2.3.5 because it need more time to make it work properly.

Grow home and the new zelda make me think about a similar climb system

Tested 3rd Asset Support (Essential Feature)

I want to test most of those assets with mine too, to check compatibilities.

AI Enemies Script (Nice to have):
    Of course, enemies will have the same actions that the player, like firing weapons or powers. But before this, I want to add those systems to the player first. Once they work properly, I will make them for enemies too.

Fantasy Features (Fantasy Alternative to your Scien-Fi Features to make the Controller also interesting for other Game Styles)
    Like I said, I think that the first type of animal to ride will be a big bird (the same system will can be used for any animated animal). Also, I want to make the player able to fire (guns or bows) while he is riding an animal.

Camera Features (Nice to have)
    You will have it ;)

Last questions:
    • It is very problaby, I will use a mix between the names that you told me and some that I thought.
    • I guess that you are using unity 5. I noticed that problem when I started to work in unity 5, because in unity 4 didn't happen. It is due to the capsule collider of the player and the code that makes the player moves correctly on slopes. I worked in that problem, and it is fixed. The player can walk better on slopes an inclinated surfaces now. Also, now you can configure the ray distance used to check if the player is the ground or not. In the demo, the ray distance is low, so in surfaces too much inclinated, the player can't keep walking up. Here a gif of the player walking if terrains:
    Animation2.gif

Regards.

12. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Yeah using Unity 5. So it's fixed in 2.3.5? Thats really cool! Thought, the problem was on my side...

sr388 likes this.
  13. sr388

sr388

Good news everyone.

The asset store team has accepted the submission, so version 2.3.5 is already avaliable.

Btw, here a little sneak peak of a new feature for the next update :

Animation3.gif
    It doesn't use animations, everything is procedural and it will be improved.

Regards.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  14. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Wow this looks fantastic! Just imported new GTC version and it works great.

I just bought the Horse Rider Asset in 24h Sale:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/48700

It has really nice animations and functions for the horse and for the price it's just amazing.

I have big problems in importing it and making it work with GTC, because it's importing many standard Camera Scripts same to First and Third Person Scripts. Did someone make the Horse Asset work with GTC?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  15. sr388

sr388

Do you mean that the Horse project has some script with the same name that GTC?

I have to add namespace to the asset, so this doesn't happen, even if the name of the classes are unique or if there is possibilities that the name could be common.

16. BryanO

BryanO

What would be required to make this multiplayer?

hopeful likes this.
  17. sr388

sr388

Hi BryanO.

Right now, I don't know how exactly the multiplier works in unity, but I think that in unity 5 has become easier to make.

It is a pending feature that I will add in the asset. I have to get more info about how to implement it, but definitely will be added to it.

I want to start to work in it and hopefully have it ready this summer,

Regards.

18. keifyb

keifyb

if you gonna make it multiplayer then please go with photon. that would be ace!! :)

19. sr388

sr388

Yes, after some searches, I think that it is the best option. Furthermore, some users also told me to use it.

Btw, I will try to start the video tutorials this week and add some preview videos from the new features that I have been working.

Regards.

20. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone,

Just some info about the new update.

• The weapons system for the player is done at 50%, the player already can carry, aim, shoot and relaod weapons and grab ammo for every one. Also, the player can change between weapons like he does with the powers.
    • The inventory system is almost done. Allow to store, use, drop and equip any type of object along with the option to unlock, doors, machines, etc... with an inventory object. In the inventory menu, if you select an object, you can see and rotate the object in the side of the menu.
    • The elevators and the doors now can be combined to make a fully working elevator with doors, along with call buttons for the elevator in any floor.
    • New map system which allows to make procedural planes, setting every edge with a transform gameObject, adding new edges and floors, and create planes from them. I will add a function to add different floors, so according to where is the player in the Y axis, the visible floor will be different.
      Also, it will have a map menu to set one or some target positions, setting a mark position in the map, like the current objective mark of the asset. It will be very much better than the prevoius radar that I made.

For now, only the central part of the room is mapped.
    mapa1.PNG
    Here you can see the plane mesh created procedurally from the edges placed above the level.

mapa2.PNG
    While you set every edge, they are visible, allowing to make a real accurate map with it.

mapa3.PNG
    Also, I have upload a short video with mobile gameplay.

Regards.

21. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

video tutorials will help alot..... thumbs up....

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    sr388 likes this.
  22. sr388

sr388

I am going to start to make video tutorials right now.

23. sr388

sr388

Ok, first tutorial uploaded.

Like you can notice, english is not my mother language, but I will try to improve my speech. Any doubt, feel free to ask.
    I will upload at least one or two videos this week.

Regards.

24. Nateply

Nateply

Thank you for this tutorial! Your English is fine. Don't worry. Please keep up your excellent work!

sr388 likes this.
  25. hopeful

hopeful

I agree about your use of English. It's fine. And what's more important, you're doing a good job illustrating things with the video. :)

sr388 likes this.
  26. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been working in the current update, and the map system is almost completed. Now, in the menu markers can be placed and removed from the map, the map can be displaced with the mouse or the finger and you can change between floors. Also, a compass has been added. Here a couple of pictures. The green x is a marker.

1.PNG
    2.PNG

Also, I have found a couple of bugs in the version 2.3.5, in some custom editor buttons.
    • In some componets, like the option to enable and disable features in the features manager, it doesn't keep the changed values when the play button is pressed. This is due to the change from unity 4 to 5. I didn't realize that in unity 5, a custom editor needs the option setDirty, to update the change made by the editor.
    • A problem in inputManager, in the custom editor button load from file, that doesn't work correctly.
    These problems are very easy to solve, and I will upload the fixed version tomorrow.

This is the reason why I didn't upload another tutorial video this weekend, because I wanted to talk about some of these parts, but due to these issues, I wanted to fix them first.

Thank you for telling me. It is the first time that I speak in english in a video.

Regards.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    Mayureshete likes this.
  27. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have just uploaded the new version 2.3.55, with the issues that I said fixed. Every custom editor button works now, and the input manager options work correctly now. Some minor improvements have been done too.

So, for wednesday approximately, it will be avaliable. I strongly recommend to get the new version.

Regards.

28. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I am happy to see the old forum back. In the new one, I posted a message about the state of the update along with a message from one person, so I am going to paste it here again:

Hi Hopeful, I didn't see this new commnet. It seems that the new forum doesn't notify nothing, even via gmail -.-. I hope they fix it soon, because everyone has lost format, images, videos, gifs....which are imposible to set again page by page.

Yes, that was intended. The player uses different layers for different parts, like the ground check, aim, camera collision, etc... In this case, the layer is used for a raycast to check if the player is in the ground or not.

Due to you were using a trigger with a new layer included in the layer list of the player controller, it was causing that behaviour. For triggers I recommend to use the layer Ignore Raycast. If you define a new layer for triggers, make sure to uncheck it from the layer list in the player.

I have been working in the update. A lot of things have been improved.
    • The hovercraft is finished and fully working. You can add as many engines as you want and place them anywhere. It has two handlebar which rotates according to the input directions.
    large.png
    • The weapon system for vehicles has a new option to add and remove any weapon from the current list in the inspector.
    • Jump platforms, usable by the player, vehicles and any rigidbody.
    • The gravity arrows in the scene, now they can change the gravity direction of any object that could touch.
    • The map and the inventory system has been improved, with more options and they are almost completed.
    • Now a list of objectives can be added, allowing to place markers in the screen and in the map.
    • A save system, you can place save station in any place, and inside them there are 5 slots of saves, which you can load, delete or save.Every save includes the date, the amount of play time, a capture visible in every slot of the save station from a camera close to the save station. Also, I have added a main menu scene to start a new game, continue, load or exit. I have to add more info to store, like the player stats, with current health, energy, and when the level system is made, info from that too.
    • The weapons for the player works much better now.
    • New editor for different list in the inspector to add an remove any element of the list easly, the inventory has been improved, allowing to store different objects at the same time and the feet of the player creates footprints in the ground.
    • Crates which can be broken and drop pickups like in half life 2.
    • Procedural ziplines which use IK to place and move the body of the player through the string, also the player can be released from the zipline in any moment or wait to reach the end. These ziplines works in any surface and direction.

The next that I am going to do is add more vehicles, like the jetpack, the astronaut mode (like in dead space 2), the hoverboard, the tank (which I am thinking to use a chain system for its wheels), and the flying mode.

These days I have been busy with a lot of things, but I want to upload the next tutorial video about the input manager and other components this week and a quick video with the current state of the update. I want to make the next update 2.3.6 before the end of the month.

Also, I have made the new tutorial video about the features and input manager and it is being rendered rigth now, lets see when my wifi finish to upload it to youtube xd.

Regards.

hopeful likes this.
  29. hopeful

hopeful

Just for the record ... I was finding I couldn't use GTC in combination with another plugin - the UI for the demo on that other plugin would fail at the start - so I removed the Project Settings that are provided along with GTC as a complete project and restored the normal Project Settings files.

So far as I can tell, the GTC demo scene still works fine, and now I'm able to use my other plugin as well.

(I have no idea what setting was causing the conflict. I compared settings but couldn't figure it out. Probably something simple.)

30. sr388

sr388

Finally the second tutorial video has been uploaded (almost 7 hours for it xd).

Here is it:

Yes, I really find annoying all the project settings thing. I want to find a solution to it.

hopeful likes this.
  31. hopeful

hopeful

I'm not sure you need to publish this under Complete Projects any more. While I didn't give it a deep and thorough testing of every feature, using just the standard Project Settings I was successful in moving the character around, driving a car, fighting turrets, and all of that seemed to work just fine.

Maybe someone else who owns the package can give it a go without importing the Project Settings, and let us know if it works for them, too.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  32. sr388

sr388

Hum, that is very interesting.

I will import the asset from the store in a clean project without the settings and see what happens.

Btw, the jetpack mode has been added. There is a new menu to select between normal mode (walk normally), jetpack (which uses the jump button to work while it is being pressed, so in that mode, the player can't jump) and flyind mode (which I will add it later).

hopeful likes this.
  33. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Like I said, I have tried to import the asset in a clean project without any project settings, and the asset works perfectly, everything has the tags and layer correctly configured, so yeahl. I will post this information in the main page of the forum too.

I have been improving a lot of things in the asset along with a new vehicle, the hoverboard. It works similar to the hovercraft, allowing to set different engines in it.

Also, it uses IK to move and rotate different parts of the player (body, arms, legs, head, spine) according to how the hoverboard is being moved, to look more realistic, so it doesn't need animations to work.

The hoverboard has a rail system, which allows to set a group of waypoints used to displace the vehicle through them like in ratchet and clank from psp, so the board slide above every rail from one point to other. Pressing jump you can stop the movement and control the hoverboard again.

Here a gif of how it looks (little gif due to size limit ):

Animation5.gif
    The "pipes" in the gif are scaled automatically acording to the next waypoint position, and every part has a trigger, so any position of the rail will activate the hoverboard movement.

Also, the jetpack has been improved, with a better backpack (with animations), a hud too show the amount of fuel in it (in case it isn't infinite) and fuel cans as a new pickup for the jetpack.

Finally, there are physics based pressure plates, which use the total mass of rigidbodies above it to be activated. Like a button, it can trigger any object, like open a door, unlock a system, etc...

I will make a preview video with all the current features for version 2.3.6 tomorrow.

Btw, a user asked me for a problem. Using a Mac with El Capitan and last version of unity (not the beta one) the asset just crash. Anyone here that have tried the asset in the same conditions, any problems?

Regards.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    hopeful likes this.
  34. neoshaman

neoshaman

Whoops Now i'm thinking about jet set radio ... can the hover board skill be applied to just the unequipped character (ie slide like sonic of like jet set radio) ...

Now if you add roller movements, extension to add figures and painting tags on wall like in jet set radio dreamcast ... lol

35. sr388

sr388

That sounds really cool, I didn't even think in jet set radio, which I love. I have to watch some videos of it to get more ideas and see how it would work.

For current update, it will have the rail system, but for future updates I will add more modes and options inspired in that game definitely.

Painting in walls sounds cool too, maybe a mix between jet set radio and infamous second son. (I want to add a scorch to the player's laser too, which would be kind of painting too).

neoshaman likes this.
  36. sr388

sr388

Good news everyone.

The asset is on sale -40% for 24 hours.

Also, the video with the preview of version 2.3.6 has (finally) been uploaded. The list of new features (in the order showed in the video):
    • Footprints
    • Weapons system
    • Rotate objects and open/close door with physics
    • Inventory system
    • Using inventory objects in locked doors
    • Hovercraft and new fixed camera option
    • Gravity control in the new vehicles
    • Procedural Map system with compass, setting markers in it and showing different floors
    • Set different objectives in screen and in map
    • Procedural zipline
    • Gravity arrows for any object
    • Jump platforms with player, objects and vehicles
    • Breakable crates with pickups or empty
    • Save/load game system
    • Jet pack and new fuel pickup
    • Hoverboard
    • Procedural rail system for the hoverboard
    • Pressure plate physics based to trigger any object (doors for example)
    And the video itself:

Regards.

makeshiftwings and hopeful like this.
  37. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

Hi, just a quick question:

Is this system set up to be used easily used for animals, such as this Iguana? I have many animals from this publisher, and each animal has the following:

- Mecamin Root Motion
    - Player controller

Could they be used in your system without losing the root-motion, and would they be easy to set up? I would like it so the reptiles could climb around rocks, etc. You system looks great value for money, but highly focused as a 3rd person shooter.

Thanks a lot
    Jon

sr388 likes this.
  38. sr388

sr388

Hi jonfinlay.

Yes, the controller has two control modes, with mecanim and only with physics (used in first person if you don't want to use animations to move). The mecanim in the controller uses root motion to move.

Now that I think about it, I have never tried the controller with an animal, only with humanoid models, but I think that it shouldn't be any problem to use it in an animal. Maybe the build player could have some problem searching every necessary bone in the model.

I am going to try it right now, in case that any problem could happen, I will tell you. In any case, I will add the option to use the controller with animals too, because it is very useful too (and cool).

Regards.

39. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

Excellent, thank you! Please let me know once you've tested it. The Iguana is free. Ideally, I would be able to just set up your player controller to use with the animals, just drag and drop their animations into it to be played when a key is pressed, I really like the idea of the physics. The bones are all named, so should be quite easy to find. I think the only model where the bones are not named are in one of his earlier models, the gecko.

sr388 likes this.
  40. sr388

sr388

Hi again.

Like I thought, the player builder can't find some bones, it uses animator.GetBoneTransform (HumanBodyBones.Xpart) to search every part, and this case, the hands are not found, so it can't build completly the player. Thanks for tell me this.

But this has a very easy solution. I will add an option to set every bone in the inspector, only needed when the player model is not humanoid. Also, other option to allow the animal to walk to any surface without need to press a button to enable the gravity system.

Finally, I will add another option to configure the animations used in the model, to make it easier to configure it.

But you can be sure that animals will be usable in this controller too in next update sir, I guarantee it.

Regards.

hopeful and jonfinlay like this.
  41. hopeful

hopeful

An awesome update! :)

BTW, I realized I hadn't put up a review yet, so I fixed that this morning. As I see it, the GTC is a bit like a super full-featured tutorial for Unity. It's a great learning tool because it has so much in it, and it's so easy for a novice to alter, to add their own effects, vehicles, characters, etc. I think everybody new to Unity who wants to make 3D games should get this! :)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    sr388 likes this.
  42. sr388

sr388

Shame! (bell sound).... just kidding. I have just seen it, thank you so much for it hopeful, you made my day.

Yes, it is kind of that. It is useful to learn how make different game parts. I will try to make as a whole game system with every update.

Regards.

43. skytow2003

skytow2003

Hi, just a quick question.
    I have a project I am working on that is a 2.5D platformer.
    Do you think your controller is easily adaptable to such a style ? I can work around it if needed, just wanted to know if there are any quirks that I should know about.
    thanks for your response

44. sr388

sr388

Hi skytow2003.

I have to say that I haven't done any 2d or 2.5d project yet, so maybe could be any part that I couldn't to know, but
    I think that it shouldn't be a problem, it only would need some code additions and changes.

What parts would you want/need to use? For example, if the player has a the x axis frozen, the gravity system would
    need to be locked too to the remaing axes.

Also, I will start to work in the 2D and 2.5D mode for this update very soon, so you can wait until that mode is avaliable and get the asset in that moment or get the asset now (with the sale) and wait to the next update.

But you can be sure that both modes will be included in the asset.

45. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

Just bought it, please let me know when the animals are usable. Until then, I'll try have ago at a Wipeout style bike racer :) The vehicles, especially with the IK hands are a great asset to this pack, especially the in-vehicle view, really liked that!

sr388 likes this.
  46. sr388

sr388

I'll do it, don't worry.

Yeah, I like how it looks too, the camera view along with the movements of the player and the vehicle driving it feels more like realistic. I will make the head of the player transparent to get a better position of the camera without clipping it.

neoshaman and jonfinlay like this.
  47. skytow2003

skytow2003

hi sr388, thanks for the quick response
    Yes, I was thinking that you could have a simple check system when you create the character that would take care of freezing the movement on one axis; if it is already coded by you it is more integrated with the rest of the code and it is less work for us ;)

great work by the way, I will buy the asset today.
    thanks again

sr388 likes this.
  48. sr388

sr388

Of course, I am thinking in an option that allow to change between 2.5D and 3D, before the start of the game, switching also the camera scheme according to that option, in 1 or 2 weeks I should have made more or less the 2D (it will be more simple in the initial version, with tipical movement and gravity control) and hopefully the 2.5D mode.

Thanks to you too for your interest.

Regards.

neoshaman likes this.
  49. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

Wow, this is very impressive. I've been struggling to get UFPS to do what I want for months and have just about given up on it, and now I think I may have found my replacement. :)

sr388 likes this.
  50. sr388

sr388

Thanks makeshiftwings.

Do you mean the third person shooter mode? I still working on it and once it works like I want, the player will can use the weapons in first person mode too, allowing to change the view in any moment. Also with the option to use just one of them at the same time, of course.