Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.7B

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.8%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

29.9%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.4%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.2%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.2%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.8%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.8%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.2%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mark_01

Mark_01

this reminds me a bit of the trade " item " function in FFXI you can give\trade to a player or team member.
    Another mechanic they had was the idea of " party drops " meaning that a party of players on the same team .. could either " bid " by highest number ( random ) or the treasure would go into a pool and the AI would give the
    players on the team one of the drops ..

But dropping an item for an enemy to pick up .... could be interesting :D

hopeful and sr388 like this.
  2. sr388

sr388

Haha, yeah, it could be also used as ability, to force enemies around you to drop a random object from their inventory banks which are only usable as loot on death, so you don't need to kill them to get some stuff from them, and set a very high cool down value on that ability, or maybe be only usable by certain consumable, and even so, there could be low change of get the best object from the list configured on them.

In the example, I used 2 different options on the drop pickups system on each AI, one to drop random object from all the available pickups configured as dropable and on the other, only drop pickups of fire weapons.

That can be also combined with the option to set a % to drop an object, so the user could adjust how difficult or rare an object could be to be obtained in that way.

So yeah, many interesting usages for it, will configure some examples for this current update :D Any suggestion is welcome.

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  3. hopeful

hopeful

Additional game examples would be dropping a key or a clue. Maybe it could be tied to a "brush by" action, like when picking a pocket. Right there, that could be the basis of a stealth game. "Collect security badge without being detected" or "Collect $200 from crowd in mall without getting caught."

sr388 and Mark_01 like this.
  4. sr388

sr388

Stealing was already included.

Here a test with an interaction object which allows to get inventory objects when used, so it can be configured to steal objects from the AI if not detected:

In the first part, the AI has a 10% of chance to detect me when I steal the object, and a 95% on the second video.

For the current version of GKC, I configured the multiple interaction system on the AI, so the stealth kill or stealing is set on the same interaction, allowing to use any of the available actions according to the input used.

Let me know if you try it, the action system is a good example, though by default, the AI will have that interaction usable in between the pauses of the wander around, having the trigger on its back ;)

Regards.

Mark_01 and EN_Games like this.
  5. hopeful

hopeful

Okay. Good! After I wrote that, I started to think "Didn't we already talk about this feature?" Guess so!

A possible difference might be that in the "stealth steal" setup, it looks like maybe you must be stealthed and the victim must be of enemy faction. I'm not sure though.

If you are stealing from an enemy faction, sure, you don't want to initiate combat by being seen. But you could steal from a person of a neutral faction without being stealthed. If caught, that person might at least temporarily become part of the enemy faction. They might attack you, or at least call you out.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
    Mark_01 and sr388 like this.
  6. sr388

sr388

There are events which can be triggrered if the stealing was made successfully or not, so it can activate states on the AI, either friend or enemy or neutral.

It also includes a random % that it can detect if the player stole something from them ;)

I want to configure a few examples on a demo for the new update.

Regards.

Mark_01 and hopeful like this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an initial testing on the pooling system with the AI.

On this example, I used a component which allows to preload any amount of a prefab on scene. Then, the simple button uses the spawn function of the pooling system to spawn AI prefabs, either from the preload or new one if there is no preloaded left.

Then, I just kill the AI on scene, which is despawned and it can be reused, instead of constantly destroying/instantiating new one, reseting the AI state on spawn.

This will be also applied to vehicles and other elements.

Regards.

Mark_01, hopeful and EN_Games like this.
  8. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a first test on the new spawn player function made to be used on the online multiplayer, allowing to properly spawn players are runtime easily and setting if it is the main player to control or a non local avatar used to represent another player on its respective side.

Ignore the performance on the video, it was mostly my PC which needs a very quick replacement already, the spawn will be very smooth and of course, not spawning each player on top of each other, but on any position the user needs haha.

You can see it spawns a separated player which can be customized, instead of the whole player and game management, which becomes the main manager empty on scene without players on it on the editor time, new players are just placed under it.

Regards.

Mark_01, EN_Games and hopeful like this.
  9. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Since I am improving the pooling system on the AI, I will configure a demo with enemy waves on 3.8 and rogue like elements, kind to have a classic third person shooter rogue like and other like enter the gungeon o returnal.

Here a new preconfigured locked camera example to have fixed view and follow the player with free aim reticle over all the screen:

I will apply also some improvements on the animator for this state and want to try animation batching to increase the number of AI active at the same time without problems.

Regards.

8esBabys and Mark_01 like this.
  10. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

I am glad to announce that Game Kit Controller is 50% OFF during New Year Sales on the asset store!

rebajas.png
    Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  11. yuriix

yuriix

Hi, I have two questions about the Isometric view:
    1. when the player's character goes behind a building what happens? Is the building transparent or? I want the character to be visible even behind something that overlaps it.
    2. if he has to build a roof and the player character walks inside, what happens? Does the roof become transparent or?
    Thanks.

12. sr388

sr388

1- The transparent option is not mandatory, it is an option which is enabled on the locked camera system, so if disabled, the objects between the camera and the player will remain solid. So you can use one or other way, also it has an option for what layer is detected, so you can have it fully disabled or just affect certain surfaces.

2- Not sure what you mean exactly, you can use the transparent option or keep the object solid, you can also use the events to disable parts of a floor if you have like a building with many floors, there is an event trigger system which allows to use events on trigger enter or exit or both with the player or any object.

Let me know if this is clear or you need further info ;)

Regards.

13. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Good day of progress, player spawn is mostly ready and I configured a project with mirror, so just a couple of days to get some visible progress haha.

On the recent update, I added a couple of options to allow to use head collision with close surfaces to avoid clipping of the body with the IK, here with the option disabled:

Here enabled:

It can be enabled on the player camera component, on the event options section.

Regards.

8esBabys, hopeful, Mark_01 and 2 others like this.
  14. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added a new option on the turn based combat system, which allows any character to have any amount of extra turns
    so for example a strong enemy or a boss could use more than 1 turn to do actions or attacks, instead of always having a single turn, it can be also used on player team, either as an element activated by a consumable or ability.

I want to record a longer showcase video to show more elements and examples of the new turn based combat system.

Also, here a better example of player spawn at runtime which will be used on the online system:

Regards.

15. sr388

sr388

Merry christmas people.

Hope that you have a great day with family and friends.

I am improving some animation elements on strafe animation and fire and melee aiming system on free and locked view, I also tweaked the aiming bow system, being smoother and better now:

Regards.

16. hopeful

hopeful

Merry Christmas, all!

Hey @sr388, I was browsing the current UAS sale, and I noticed a plugin for grappling hook / swing line that looked like it had similar functionality to that in GKC, but maybe more features. Is it currently possible to do in GKC everything that is in this plugin? MIS-GrapplingHook | Add-Ons | Unity Asset Store

sr388 likes this.
  17. sr388

sr388

Yes, all of the actions on that video are already including on the hook/swing system, so there is no need to integrate it or add any extra option, it is usable out of the box.

Here a recent clip I made for the swing system, inspired on spiderman:

Here an example of the hook system with options to use an offset position to reach and to also stop the player movement, so it can be used for more precises places to reach, similar to sekiro or batman arkham games:

Regards.

8esBabys, Mark_01 and hopeful like this.
  18. Mark_01

Mark_01

A bit late, but Merry Christmas, Happy New Year , to all in the GKC world !! ( and every where else :) )

19. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added an option to call events on the double jump and with it, it can be called an animator trigger to make the classic flip on air. I will add some small tweak here and there:

Regards.

Mark_01, blacksun666 and hopeful like this.
  20. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I improved the animation/action system replacement tool, to replace any of the animations info on the action system, including the melee attacks info:

I also improved the main tool on the action system, to replace any animation on the animator directly, without extra or manual steps:

In case I don't post before it, I wish you a happy new year to all of you and looking forward for a great 2024, with lot of new stuff, updates and useful elements and tools :D

Regards

hopeful, EN_Games and Mark_01 like this.
  21. UDN_165a1249-a0c9-4099-8ba0-53daf2789359

UDN_165a1249-a0c9-4099-8ba0-53daf2789359

Hi, Happy New Year, to one and all. I tired loading 2,5d demo, and changed Locked Camera System (2.5d) X Axis, set to use this camera, still gives four way directions..I need just two way movement left and right. Hope you can help... Thank you.

22. sr388

sr388

Happy new year :)

The default 2.5d demo scene starts in a section with a semi free locked camera, if you enter on the door on the left, that is a regular 2.5d camera, with only x and y movement, but fixed depth position.

Let me know if you try that, there is also a locked camers transition demo scenes with different locked cameras (its name is locked camera transition).

Of course, you can also set any locked camera type as the initial to start the game, including 2.5d.

Let me know your results and if you need any further info.

Regards.

23. UDN_165a1249-a0c9-4099-8ba0-53daf2789359

Hi yes it works, when enter door on left. How can make it like that as a platfomer game.. Thank you

24. UDN_165a1249-a0c9-4099-8ba0-53daf2789359

What setting i need to change to have a fixed with only x and y movement, but fixed depth position?

25. sr388

sr388

There are different preconfigured locked cameras, which you can customize once you select and drop one on scene.

You can see here a tutorial for the preconfigured list, including the 2.5d, you can adjust the camera axis and pivot transform on the locked camera system gameObject to have the camera in the distance and height that you need respect the player.

Let me know your results, no rush.

Regards.

26. UDN_165a1249-a0c9-4099-8ba0-53daf2789359

Thank you for that video, if i start with new fresh scene, what componant do i need to set 2.5d. Or if there is a minimal scene i can use, to start a fresh building the game, using 2.5d fixed with only x and y movement, but fixed depth position? I find it confusing using 2.5d demo scene.

27. sr388

sr388

You just need to either create a new player on a new scene or drop the GKC player prefab, and select the locked camera system which is already preconfigured on the list that can be seen on the player camera component, shown on the previous tutorial that I put.

There is no need of manual creation from scratch, so you can create a new scene, and drop your GKC player on it, spawn the preconfigured locked camera, and the solid structure of that level to walk and move, and that is all ;)

If you make a new scene, remember to remove the default camera that unity puts by default on eacn new scene.

Regards.

28. UDN_165a1249-a0c9-4099-8ba0-53daf2789359

Good afternoon, what is running button on xbox controller? I dont see any driffence between walking and running...

29. sr388

sr388

Hey, sorry for the time to reply, I needed to sleep about 15 hours today haha.

The sprint input action on gamepad by default is left joystick click, either hold or a quick press to toggle.

I will enter on discord in a few minutes, to check and reply to all messages there.

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  30. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I improved the fly mode on locked camera:

Regards.

8esBabys, Mark_01 and EN_Games like this.
  31. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Good day of progress, I also made the last checks on the fly system to work on the 2.5d camera type, to move and behave properly, so it works now on any type of view on GKC:

Regards.

32. sr388

sr388

HI everyone.

I wanted to thank to all the people here for being such amazing community and to thank to all the people who took some of their time to make a review/rate of the asset as it has reached the amazing amount of 445 and counting

upload_2024-1-9_15-4-28.png

Will be cool to see reaching 500 (maybe this year? haha). So thank for all the support so far and can't wait to work on all the stuff planned for 2024, it will be an amazing year.

Taking also the opportunity to tell if you didn't make a review yet.... DO IT!, of course, with your since opinion and once you tried the asset enough.

Regards.

eaque, Mark_01 and EN_Games like this.
  33. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Good day of work, many tweaks and adjustments and some minor fix from feedback of people here and discord, so that always helps to improve the asset.

Btw, here an interesting option which is not active by default, but that it can be useful for some adventure or action game, allowing a quick change direction in movement:

It can be activated here, on player controller component, on advanced settings:

quick change direction option.png

Regards.

34. hopeful

hopeful

That's me, entering a room that has not been cleared yet, and then: "Yikes!" :)

35. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the AI pooling system with AI on generic mode state, in this case, I preload 5 units and once they are spawned, the system instantiates more but they all are reused for dead AI, instead of creating new ones:

Haha, exactly.

Regards.

EN_Games, hopeful and Mark_01 like this.
  36. eaque

eaque

Hi,
    Sorry to post here, cause it's so easier for me to retrieve things..Better than discord! lol (i'm an old mani guess:rolleyes:)
    So i work with Space graphic toolkit and it seems that the size of the object with a gravity zone matters. It only happens with vehicle camera, eveything is ok with the player cam
    I know you are busy, but could you have a look on this one, sure it's the "call sphere raycast method" .so sad it's perfect with the player and this would be a gigantic mechanics!
    thanks in advance
    upload_2024-1-15_21-26-41.png

37. eaque

eaque

upload_2024-1-15_21-31-31.png
    here is the impact on the vehiclegravity control...
    We are so close to it...actually this stopped my project...sorry to insist. I'm a bit like a child when i go back to unity..:p.
    thx anyway

Mark_01 likes this.
  38. sr388

sr388

I will take a look at that part of the code, to see if any extra check or fix would be needed there.

In Which situation is that happpening?

Regards.

39. sr388

sr388

From that message console, it seems the issue is on this line:

upload_2024-1-16_2-52-47.png

Maybe you removed the center of mass transform used on that vehicle?

It is adjusted on the respective vehicle controller component.

Let me know more details here or on discord when possible, no rush.

Regards.

Mark_01 and eaque like this.
  40. eaque

eaque

Hi,
    oh many thanks! so fast!! your support is always amazing!
    i will check that part and i was about to tell you this morning : no rush i'm gonna try with space combat kit....forgot i had that option...Your integration with it is perfect!
    I'll let you know my results for sure!
    thanks again man;)

Mark_01 likes this.
  41. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the improved jump, which has also an option now to set a delay on the jump to play the jump animation it self when not moving, along a better land transition on the animator:

Regards.

42. eaque

eaque

After lots of work, i realised it was not gkc related, but only the "SGTfloating point system" .... Actually without any SGT component, everything seems fine, your vehicles rotate event around a massive planet, so no size issue on that part.
    The main problem is where to put SGT floating object and SGT floating camera scripts....On the player itself, there is no issue (one on the Player controller parent and the other on the Player camera parent), if anyone needs to know.
    But with vehicles...difficult i tried with space combat kit and i get the same issues...

All apologies for pressing you about that...very sorry.
    Still searching

43. eaque

eaque

upload_2024-1-20_11-36-5.png upload_2024-1-20_11-36-5.png

sr388 likes this.
  44. hopeful

hopeful

I imagined you were running into a floating origin issue. It would still be good to have a resolution for that, and the way to do it stored somewhere in the "database" of solutions. Floating origin is a relatively common technique in games.

eaque likes this.
  45. sr388

sr388

Happy to hear the cause was located. In this case, I think those components would be put on the same logic way as you did with the player, so on the vehicle object it self (as the vehicle parent dosn't move, as it contains both the vehicle and the camera objects, which are the objects which actually move, like with the player).

When the player drives a vehicle, it is parented inside of it and the physics and forces are applied to the vehicle, in case you need to toggle the floating elements on the vehicle in runtime there are events on vehicle hud manager component on the vehicle it self when getting on and off.

Looking forward for your results.

Looking very nice :D

I would like to learn more about floating point, I think some assets systems on the store use other techniques like streaming or similar. There is an asset integrated with GKC for floating origin.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/packs/continuous-floating-origin-195971

Regards.

Mark_01 and hopeful like this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an option that was added some time ago to use an alternative slide animation when using the manual slide input action (sprint and then, pressing crouch, C by default), having other animation state than sit on the floor haha:

It can be located on the slide system component, on the traversal movements section.

Regards.

47. eaque

eaque

very nice, i didn't even know about that slide! is it possible to trigger it and tune it? If i want my player to slide only on big dunes where there is some angle down and not on flat surface? Is the speed and so...tweakable?
    thx

48. sr388

sr388

Of course, many of the traversal movements are either triggered by zones with a trigger or manually activated or by tag/layer surface detection.

There are prefabs for such zones, with triggers to enable those actions and the traversal demo scene has also many of those zones as example, though you can also check the respective prefabs.

The manual slide option has also a check for min surface inclination if I remember properly, so you can adjust that too, along speed and other values.

Regards.

eaque and Mark_01 like this.
  49. eaque

eaque

waouh!!! :)

sr388 likes this.
  50. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added the check to allow to take into account the movement input on a dash/roll when not using strafe state and doing a melee attack, to interrupt it:

I slowed down time on it to see how an attack is stopped to do the roll or dash on different direction inputs that I press.

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.