Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.76

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.7%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.4%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

35.9%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.0%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.2%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.5%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.8%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.6%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.8%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mark_01

Mark_01

If it was not to much trouble, You could have\enable, E or Mouse/click or stand over, personally, I would
    go with mouse click, thinking of mobile, and finger click and small screens.

2. sr388

sr388

Thanks for the feedback :)

Right now, there is no timer for the actions of a character, either AI or player, but it is also planned to add time limit for the actions during a turn. So it allows to take the time needed to plan the actions.

There is also an option which allows to toggle the turn combat and free combat, similar to FFVII remake, allowing to have a more dynamic mechanic.

Of course, it can be customized, to have a more classic turn combat system or a more dynamic one, and anything in between.

It is also planned to have a grid/click placement of characters, so they can be moved around or move by them self (for AI) to attack or make an action, having distances and ranges as an element to take into account.

I want to also take ideas of the combat system of yakuza like a dragon too.

There are also options to make the character to adjust like in the video to the position of the target before the attack or make the actual character to walk to that place and do the action/attack.

There will be also options to "speed" that kind of transitions, to allow the player to jump that kind of "slower" actions or movements.

I will post more progress and examples, the system already handles teams and their respective turns, the list of stats to show on the UI and the stats values needed on each action and I also added the brain AI behavior to handle turn combats and I am setting examples of different actions on them.

I think the main turn based combat system will be available very soon, as I was able to make most work very quickly, due to most elements used on it were already on the asset for the character actions and states.

Of course, further additions and extend its elements and options and possibilities will be worked on next updates ;)

@Mark_01 check on pickup objects component of the inventory pickups, there is an option to use trigger or button for the interaction, so the player needs to press the interaction button or just get the pickup when entering its trigger, so you can use one way or another on each pickup ;)

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  3. sr388

sr388

All UI actions which can be used with mouse clicks can be used on mobile, as their respective press actions are configured to be triggered by touch finger too.

All seen on the turn based combat is already usable on both mouse clicks and touch screen and I also added keyboard input for actions like select target, confirm or cancel command, toggle to free combat and more.

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  4. Mark_01

Mark_01

Thank you so much. I can not express how good this kit is already and how much better ( more options )
    you will continue to make it over the coming future.

I had a feeling years ago when I did a review for GCK, I am NOT fishing for compliments or anything
    like that,,,, It is simply to say, everything I wrote, is still as true today as it was then, really, even more so now,

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
    sr388 likes this.
  5. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I want to make a new showcase video of games/projects made with GKC, so please, anyone who wants to send me a video of his project, would be very appreciated and will help to make an amazing video (by PM, here, on in the support email, as you prefer) this is the last one made:

Thanks a lot for the kind words, it truly means a lot to hear that and motivates to keep working hard on the asset :D I love to work on it and keep improving each aspect of it and the support and interest of the people on it helps on that as well.

Regards.

EN_Games and Mark_01 like this.
  6. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added he states on the AI to properly change of modes and weapons according to the command selected by them during turn combat, including to fire weapons from distance during x time:

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  7. Mark_01

Mark_01

To me, this looks very good for the start of what you want to do ;-) They are fighting, where the enemy was encountered, NOT taken to yet another screen, of a tile type set up, as in Hero's of might and magic was the game I think that went from game play to a special screen to fight. I am thinking of random spawn points in an area, that might have a chance of respawning..

The options for actions are good, to be sure a few more will pop up.. One ai helper could be both Bow and swords, but you make the decision on how far away the enemy is. The enemy ( and player ) should have to use a turn to move closer to the mob, that way very powerful enemy's are less dangerous from a distance IF* they are not magic. It is generally understood that magic has a higher accuracy rate for hitting an enemy from a distance over bows, swords and hammers etc ...

So the player has a better chance of wining the battle the longer they can keep the enemy in the distance, meaning the AI, will loose more hit points if they can not get to you to attack.

EDIT: why this is or should be an option is .. the games I played like this, at the beginning you are weak and can not win the battle with out going into turn based.. The more frustrated you get by the enemy out smarting or you win with 6 hit points.. The point is.. as you get stronger, you can come back to these same mobs but now you can beat them in real time.. it is like having 2 games in one, good value AND, it is extremely satisfying game play, to go back to the mobs that gave you such a hard time when you were starting out.. now you can just smoke them the stronger you get.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
    sr388 likes this.
  8. Mark_01

Mark_01

I was thinking this morning another action\turn should be , because this will come up naturally.

Another action\turn is wait: ( not pass, Pass you are giving up that turn ) Wait means you do not want to this
    ?? modifier ? acting before you can see an enemy, is going to have a move, that will be bad, but it has to wait till the monster does ( thing ) to than take a turn. A real example would be a healer, at the start of any battle every once has full hit points.. no one needs healing, and you do not want to take your healers turn till you loose HP..
    This would not be true if the healer has some offence capability, " confusion " to have the effect of an enemy
    forgetting to take the turn, the length and power of that spell could be determined by the stat points.
    A higher " compassion " level, could be used to make the spells more effect and powerful.

9. sr388

sr388

Yes, there will be more actions and commands to select by player and AI, I have added already the usage of powers, abilities, fire and melee weapons and close combat to all the attacks and actions available for both player and AI, so they are able to change of weapons and modes directly.

And yes, allowing to move characters during turns is very planned, inspired in games like baldurs gate, either freely or on a grid, so the distance range can be used as element on attacks success and damage values.

And yeah, I added a toggle mode input which can be used to change from the current turn combat to free combat and viceversa, so the player can fight in the way they prefer in real time.

Not 100% sure how that would work, haven't seen a similar action in games, sounds like a "store my turn" or similar, but not sure how that would play to be fair respect the AI actions.

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  10. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

The new update 3.7A is already live on the asset store haha (a little reminder to always make backups of your projects before anything else).

Also, there are new animations added on the examples of the action system and other movements, so I recommend to check the public repository of the asset to get the new animation package (more info on the doc, in the external files section). Here a direct link to the animations package for 3.7A:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nx_-OXdNC84CQSpE4tCcYGxs3U3hWj-K/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for all the kind words, interest and support (especially to all the patreon supporters) while working on this new update, it means a lot for me and really motivates to keep working more in the asset

Time to start with the new update, which will be focused on multiplayer online and VR integration along other elements. Also, if you have already GKC 3.7, you should be able just overwrite the main Scripts folder of GKC if you want to keep any previous element on your project with GKC elements.

But of course, you can also create a new player, which is in most cases, the most recommended way. But VERY IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP EITHER IF YOU OVERWRITE OR IMPORT THE ASSET DIRECTLY.

Here also the Changelog 3.7A

Regards.

Mark_01, hopeful and EN_Games like this.
  11. Mark_01

Mark_01

I can agree that " store my turn " till there is a far better opportune time for a higher effect by not taking the turn right now, might be an artificial construct. ( meaning here it might not be a real thing, in human behaviour )

But from the previous encounter with the same mob, I now know they are going to do a special attack and because of the speed variable the healer keeps coming up the fastest with nothing to really do., but knowing a special attack that is coming like an AOE based party killer .. and it would be a lot of magic points to do a full party heal
    ( AOE heal, possibly with regen for a time. ) then I know I maybe should do that to win, maybe it is the only way to win when you are just starting out, because if you use magic points, you will not have enough to do the full party, AOE heal, that is needed at this stage to win. ( keep the sniper on the roof till they have something to shoot at ) and shooting needlessly ( by having to take the turn ) could draw attention of the enemy.

Is it a somewhat unfair to the Ai's in philosophy, YES, I could agree on that.. and maybe if I am doing a " learning, moral " game I would take that into consideration, but in real life and warfare, that situation could come up.

Edit: one of the first things you saw, was, it is not really fair to the AI, since it is programed to respond in a certain way ( most games ) What I like is, You saw this, not many would even occur to them.

Fairness in battle and Honor, seem to have left this earth long ago.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2023
    sr388 likes this.
  12. sr388

sr388

Yeah, I was just saying how the "store my turn" mechanic would work in gameplay terms, as I am not sure how it would be managed.

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  13. Mark_01

Mark_01

Generally in game play, what happens even with " store my turn " The player gets frustrate to have to click the option " save my turn " eventually you hit pass, just to make it stop HAHA .. The joy is coming back after your stronger and You do not need store my turn.. This really only comes up when you assign skill points wrong and the healer is first, next chance you get , you'll correct that., so , a player if the main thing for healing skill is " compassion " points.. and this is correctible once you see it.. but the speed variable, you probably want the dark magic " intellect " Dark magic has to be managed, it is generally held that DD spells take a lot of MP, so you also can not burn your DD mage down to no magic points .. FFXI black mages always it was understood, always have enough Juice to cast AEO sleep, to get out of a fight you are going to loose. Basically it is a fail safe if you have to wrong one come up first all the time, but once you get enough skill points, you will correct that ( speed Skill ) behaviour, because it is annoying for sure, esp. with a sound no one really likes.

In most cases, but if you can do long distance combat, you might want the dark magic NPC to go first, it all depends how many party members, so you will want to keep the speed variable in a logic order .. Magic killer nukes ( spells) , you want first in a long distance turn combat kind of thing, Then maybe a range NPC like archer .. you have speed next.. and accuracy on that. The problem and fun comes in when you realise that the sword Damage dealer NPC, cant be slow either, because generally mages can not have armor like a night>. So you have to determine the best way forward every X amount of experience gives you x amount of skill point on each " player " So if you made the healer to fast, then your wasting time( turns ) on long distance DD's but it help you learning to think ahead.

Edit: if you wanted you maybe could put in a condition that Save my turn can only be used 5 times per encounter .. I will think on how maybe this could be programed .. I m not good at programing but I'm not 100 % dumb either HAH .. If I come up with any ideas, I will contact though the mail system here .

Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
    sr388 likes this.
  14. Mark_01

Mark_01

Just an idea, you put here the upgrade and link to outside animations .. and most everyone should know by now, you have to down load and outside source for some of the animations. Some companies would not allow this, I understand, I went to the release notes,
    I wonder if you would be allowed to put a link in the Release notes ? just an idea, might save some hassle for you. "the player sinks to the ground " :( And yes I did that too, the first time I loaded GKC :oops:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
    sr388 likes this.
  15. sr388

sr388

I see, thanks for the feedback, it is appreciated and gives some ideas for future elements and things to consider for the turn based combat. No problem to tell further ideas on the direct message system ;)

The pop up window of GKC which appears when you play any demo scene for the first time, shows the main info to take into account and the link to the animations package. That is also included on the doc and the main post of this forums also includes the most recent file link as well. Let me know if there is any extra place where that info could be placed ;)

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  16. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

On the recent update, I added an option on melee system to use IK position for hands, to be used on FBA for example, so the hands can remain in screen with a melee weapon, similar to skyrim or dying light:

Regards.

17. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here another addition of the recent update, on the remote event system which allows to use a search by name for the events configured, to locate them easily:

Regards.

EN_Games, Mark_01 and hopeful like this.
  18. egem2015

egem2015

Hi Santi again after a while,

How are you ? i hope you are doing fine.

Just again came for a word. i will say again. you are great and your asset amazing

i always say this and again your asset is doing so much . Everybody can understand this easily. You are giving so much for this asset.

i can ask for a scene.

can you make a scene like this?

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/on-rails-shooter-system-73628

No compas, No other buttons etc. Just a scene exactly like this. Simple.

Thats all.

thanks in advance.

Sincerely King Regards.

sr388 likes this.
  19. sr388

sr388

Hi, thanks for the kind words, it is very appreciated.

About the scene, not 100% sure what you mean, do you mean to have an open zone with third person shooter style, some enemies around with fire weapons and just kill them all on that scene?

If you mean that or something else, let me know about it, no rush.

Regards.

20. egem2015

egem2015

Hi Santi

You deserve every word even much more. You put incredible efforts into this asset.thanks.

Yes I mean exactly what you said.

But UI part is also important . Simple UI in the example i sent the link.

thanks in advance.

Sincerely King Regards again.

sr388 likes this.
  21. sr388

sr388

I see, yes, more demo based on more specific genres and closer to actual small game demos are very planned during next updates, along tutorials to cover those genres.

Also, a few main tutorials will be done to show the starting steps on using the asset, general advices and tips and regular workflow on new scenes along the character templates, to get different player customizations for its main systems, and what can be left active by default, to have just the elements needed on the specific needs of a project.

The closer example of the above scene you mentioned would be for example the mission system, here:

Regards.

egem2015 and Mark_01 like this.
  22. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been organizing stuff for the new update 3.8 along doing some minor tasks on the asset.

Also, I am finishing the turn based combat system, as inventory items can be used during combat and you can also see the toggle combat from turn to free and back to turn, similar to what FFVII remake does, allowing to use free combat any moment in the game:

Regards.

23. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I am preparing the first tasks for the online and some improvements to allow an easy removal of not essential elements on characters, to make them lighter, to increase customization for each user.

In the meantime, the turn based combat is almost ready, doing the last minor tasks and checks, here a combat of player vs a team:

Regards.

Mark_01 and EN_Games like this.
  24. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

The turn based combat system is on the last tweaks and testing, including the block action, either from close combat or melee combat on any character and during any amount of turns, either 1 or more. I also added a simple wizard to configure the enemies teams easily for it, avoiding most manual steps:

Regards.

25. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I am testing the turn based combat system, including to have a team for the player with friendly AI:

Regards.

26. blacksun666

blacksun666

is it possible with the turn based mode to keep the actors in their normal places and add a movement option (using action points) as well as attack/defend? A bit like the turn based action in Divinity Original Sin games?

Mark_01 and sr388 like this.
  27. sr388

sr388

That is very planned for next updates after the initial version update of this system on GKC, as more scheme control and dynamic actions during the turn combat will be added, inspired in games such the one you said, baldur's gate, yakuza like a dragon and more, where the characters can move on a grid, with click and point, or freely on scene but keeping turns.

For this initial release of this system, was is included is the toggle of turn combat to free combat, similar to what FFVII remake did.

Other element planned for next update is to make characters to actually walk/run to the target position, instead of the current automatic "magnet" movement that they make to their target according to the command used.

Suggestions are also very welcome ;)

I have been working on this system during my free time, so the main development of GKC elements haven't been affected at all, as I have been already working on more internal preparations and checks for the online system, as that is the main focus for this new update 3.8 on GKC, along VR. So visual progress on both elements will arrive soon.

Regards.

Mark_01 and blacksun666 like this.
  28. sr388

sr388

HI everyone.

I want to post a roadmap for this current update and finally update trello as well in the next days.

In the meantime, the turn based combat is almost ready, I have been adding the usage of abilities to characters along options for matching character positions on attack:

Regards.

29. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Good day of work, I also finished all tasks on the turn based combat system, just need to do some tests for regular combats and it will be ready to go in a small patch update.

In the meantime, here a test on the bullet time action inspired on max payne on third person and full body awareness view:

Regards.

30. Mark_01

Mark_01

There was some one who had suggest small scenes to play.
    I was thinking, maybe 2 things, it is not at all necessary and your
    free time is so limited.

I was thinking pre-done scenes for different genre, like medieval RPG would have no guns, that kind of idea
    . the other thing would be easier,
    I had said that as far as it goes..with GKC , we are getting excellent first and 3d person controllers,
    ( just as good as some of the controls on the store that do just and only that ) .
    So I am thinking of just a minimal first and 3d person controller with none of the attachments.. I hope that
    makes sense.. but this is not a rush at all, and not really needed, it would be just for
    convenience.

sr388 likes this.
  31. sr388

sr388

As always, thanks for the suggestions and for the kind words, it is very appreciated:)

And of course, it is very planned to make new demo scenes more focused on certain genres, more close to small games, to show the different possibilities and elements on the asset.

And yes, I am also going to add more character templates, as the character creator already allows to set and use different settings template list for player and AI, and want to configure a new more out of the box ;)

All of this will be worked during 4.0 on 2024, as 3.0 will be mostly complete by the end of the year.

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  32. Mark_01

Mark_01

I was thinking, if you wanted, you could put the first person and third person controllers,
    up on the store for free, like a very striped down version. This could be for level design,
    where you might want this controller for just level development, I would imagine that the
    project would run faster. Doing this as 2 separate " free " on the store, might help with
    promotion and, maybe get more people buy the kit.

IN any case, what ever you decide, I think you are doing a very good job, especially over the years
    you have been developing this. \thumbs up :)

sr388 likes this.
  33. sr388

sr388

It is appreciated to hear that, and yes, I will take your suggestion into account, though for now, I prefer to keep GKC as a single package, but of course, I will consider what you said for the future ;)

But there will more demos and prefabs focused on different and more specific genres, you can be sure.

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  34. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

I am glad to announce that Game Kit Controller is 50% OFF during Black Friday Sales on the asset store, with the price sliced in half!

Regards.

yupengfei, EN_Games and Mark_01 like this.
  35. FINDRAIN

FINDRAIN

Hello my friend. Congratulations about your work.I was thinking of buying GKC. However, a guy from discord, told me, that (AI, friends, enemies) cannot follow the player, in underwater, climbing or flying mod. Converstation, while they are up, on the surface of the water is impossible. (AI's can go inside a bus of 20 seats, with the player, but when the player exits from it, most of the followers will be stuck inside the bus, forever . After that the fun is over. OMG my friend, That's the first thing you should fix, because usually (in missions with followers) like army games etc, followers stay with the player, till the end of the stage, no matter where he is. Btw (Malber's Animal Controller Human AI is able to follow the player on underwater swimming and climbing) but personally i prefer to use GKC's AI's. I love them. Oh my friend, im sure it would also be fantastic if you experimented with other things related to water. You could make a river that the player and followers can be swept away by the force of the water, or swim in. Like gta. Can you imagine, for example, 10 AI friends follow the player, in a big water slide like goonies movie? i think it would be very fun. Anyway, another serious problem i noticed in demos. The player cannot make any action or fight movement while moving in crouching form. He immediately stands up, when you press any button. If you want to bend down to light a fire, or grab something from the ground, or touch your girlfriend with your hands, that is not possible, in crouching form. Another thing this guy told me. When you're riding a horse, you can't move your hands. For example, you can't use a crop to make your horse go faster. Or a weapon. The player simply stands on top of the animal,without being able to move at all. Last thing, The most serious problem for those who suffer from epilepsy, like me. I would like to have an option, to press a button, and remove all these (SHAKING options at once) in players body, weapons, explosions, camera and vehicles. The same thing with weapons in player's back. Sorry, but i hate watching my player's beautiful body, covered with 1000 weapons like katamari damacy. This is not normal. One button and hide em all, once and for all.This guy told me that this can be done but it takes many hours to disable each one option separately. I want to buy this treasure you have created , but honestly, all these things i'v mentioned, hold me back. Btw, i'v played all your demos. I must admit that I am very excited and impressed. I respect you so much, and i'm sure, you can fix all these problems i'v mentioned, some day. And sorry about my bad english. I use translator.

36. sr388

sr388

Thanks for the kind words and the interest in the asset, it is very appreciated.

It is planned for the AI to allow them to swim and fly, so they can move freely there or follow a target, either as friend AI or enemy.

About the bus with AI, they should be able to get off, each seat has an option for obstacle detection, to make sure a character can get off safely (and not inside a wall or below the ground), so it is a matter of adjust the transform used to check obstacles on left and right sides of the vehicle.

I added recently an option on the action system to allow to trigger different animation actions when crouching, so they can be configured (I don't have much animations of actions while crouching, so that is why there are not many examples).

Fire and melee weapons are also usable while crouching, so the player is able to make actions on that state as well.

About riding animals and using the character's hands, I guess you mean to use weapons or objects while you ride or drive. That is also planned, but didn't have the chance to work on it yet, due to time is my only limit, as I am the only person workig on this asset since I started it on 2015.

The effects of shake can be disabled directly on the headbob component, located on the main player camera on the player, so it ignore those states if needed.

And yes, the fire and melee weapon meshes can be also disabled if equipped but not carried on the character hands, on both AI and player, as all characters use the same component, so the workflow and options on them are pretty much the same, making things easier and faster.

You can be sure all can be customized and use just what needed and leave the rest disabled as needed ;)

I am also availalble on the discord channel to give support for issues or doubts for the asset. Let me know if you need any further info or question, I will be glad to reply anything.

Regards.

37. hopeful

hopeful

That reminds me ... do pets / followers have the ability to teleport to you if they are stuck / the player is moving but the pet has fallen behind by a critical distance? I suspect you already have that there, but if you don't, there should preferably be a check box to enable / disable this behavior.

sr388 likes this.
  38. sr388

sr388

I think I added an option for pets companions, to check to teleport close to the player if too much distance is reached, but can't remember if that was added on the regular AI as well. I will check that and tell about it asap ;)

Regards.

Mark_01 and hopeful like this.
  39. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Time to finish a couple more of tests to make a new small update with some minor additions, fixes and improvements along the new turn based combat system.

In the meantime, thanks to a suggestion of an user, I configured a couple of visual elements on the already existing slow down enemies ability to be similar to the sandevistan of cyberpunk 2077:

stardust-sandevistan.gif

Regards.

40. FINDRAIN

FINDRAIN

Thank you for the quick reply.
    User (Hopeful) Thank you too, for your comment.
    Pet companions teleport, was big suprise to me.
    My game scenario, is all about water, and friendship.
    So my friend, If you ever add the element of the companions swimming, could you please allow them to be able to talk to each other as they swim? This is a very important element for me. I'd also like them to be able to dive and follow the player underwater.
    I think your customers will appreciate this element too.
    Because it adds realism to the game.
    If you can't help me, i will understand you. Don't worry. I will not get mad with you, like other people do, by writing bad reviews about your great job.
    They don't understand that you working so hard.
    They just asking favors all the time, but this is kinda chaotic for an artist.
    So, enjoy your life and don't worry so much about others. You are on top already.
    You could just listen our suggestions, however you must do what you prefer to do. That's my friendly advice.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
    sr388 likes this.
  41. sr388

sr388

Always glad to help or reply any message ;)

Yes, as part of the extended elements for AI behaviors, I want to extend the dialogue system for them, so they can talk to the player and have lines during gameplay based on events, states or anything else.

And never hesitate to tell suggestions, as they help to keep improving the asset and organizing future content ;)

Thanks also for the kind words, it means a lot.

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  42. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added a check on the full body awareness when using fire weapons to enter directly on a proper hold weapon posture, even when not aiming this is what it did before:

And this is with the improved posture:

You can see that when the view is on first person FBA, the posture directly changes to holding weapon, even when not aiming, instead of just standing up this will also improve the weapon and hand position adjustment, to look better through IK.

Any suggestion for more improvements on FBA?

Regards.

43. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added a couple of improvements for the reticle on fire weapons, to activate it or not according to settings on FBA and third person:

There is also a function which can be called by events, to keep the reticle disabled if the player is using a sight with a physical reticle on it.

The new update 3.7B is almost ready, just need to make a few tests on the turn combat system and will send all the files to the store, in about 1-2 days from now.

Regards.

44. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a more extended turn combat with big teams and an example of a new inventory object example to resurrect team members and even the player:

In this example, AI actions are mostly block, melee attack or use the bow, as I have limited the actions on them for this test haha.

Regards.

45. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I finished almost all minor tasks, so tomorrow, will be time to make a quick demo scenes check, make builds and send the update to the store, so I can focus on main 3.8 finally :)

In the meantime, I added a simple manager with the non essential elements on AI and player, allowing to easily disable or remove any or all of them:

Regards.

Mark_01, EN_Games and hopeful like this.
  46. hopeful

hopeful

I like this last bit. It's always been unclear to me what parts are essential and which parts are not. This helps me know what's optional.

Mark_01 and sr388 like this.
  47. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

The small update 3.7B has been sent to the asset store, so just a matter of a few hours to 1 day to be released on the asset store :)

I will make a changelog once I am back as I am going to get some sleep.
    Always happy to improve any part of the workflow, as suggestions have helped a lot on that and will allow to keep improving more parts

Regards.

hopeful, EN_Games and Mark_01 like this.
  48. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

The new update 3.7B is already live on the asset store haha (a little reminder to always make backups of your projects before anything else).

Also, there are new animations added on the examples of the action system and other movements, so I recommend to check the public repository of the asset to get the new animation package (more info on the doc, in the external files section), you can also find a direct link to the package here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AcxLt4691Z8c-dOkH1FFftUiU1aKSknx/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for all the kind words, interest and support (especially to all the Patreon supporters) while working on this new update, it means a lot for me and really motivates to keep working more in the asset.

Time to start with the new update, which will be focused on multiplayer online and VR integration along other elements. also, if you have already GKC 3.7 or 3.7A , you should be able just overwrite the main Scripts folder of GKC if you want to keep any previous element on your project with GKC elements (if you want to use the turn combat system, you will need to import the new player and AI prefabs).

But of course, you can also create a new player, which is in most cases, the most recommended way but VERY IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP EITHER IF YOU OVERWRITE OR IMPORT THE ASSET DIRECTLY.

Regards.

Mark_01, EN_Games and hopeful like this.
  49. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I adjusted the multiple interaction icons to be usable on touch controls properly:

Regards.

50. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Some good progress for internal elements and preparations for online done today.

I also configured a simple example of the player activating action systems with animations on other characters/AI by range, like dropping a random object:

Regards.