Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.76

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.7%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.2%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.0%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

41.9%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.2%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.3%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.9%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.4%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.6%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an initial testing for the online multiplayer on GKC using mirror and using the current progress:

Regards.

2. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

For the recent update, the power system was improved, bringing an element which was removed due to not be good enough, but this time is much better and simpler and it is the free fire mode, to shoot projectiles from player's hands while moving freely in any direction, even backwards (aim mode can be used as well like previously), similar to infamous games:

Regards.

3. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here the improved transition of camera view for 1st/3rd person on swim state, including a better movement control on that state on first person (already included on the recent update):

Regards.

4. Mark_01

Mark_01

I am still around, glad to see @sr388 Still going strong on this ;-) This is really The best of all the Rpg systems here.

This Destruction with music, remind me of the Movie called Kung Fu Hustle , where the musicians use music in that movie as a Weapon.. was a very cool scene I thought . ;- )
    Time stamp not seem to work , the scene starts at
    45:05 / 1:31:26

sr388 likes this.
  5. sr388

sr388

Thanks, much appreciated to hear that and glad to keep working on the asset and make it better on each update :D

And yeah, I remember watching that movie over and over again when I was a kid haha, very cool. It also reminds me to a certain fight on dr strange and the multiverse of madness (will avoid spoilers for any person who didn't see it yet).

Always cool to find new and interesting mechanics to use and allow as much customization as possible ^^

Regards.

6. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here another example of the extra actions on melee weapons to use a remote event searcher, so it can activate remote events on objects inside a radius, to trigger effects, such as make the enemies to sleep:

Regards.

EN_Games, Kennth and StevenPicard like this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added the graphic settings option on the game settings menu ingame, as it can be easily configured through the player options system, besides the quality graphics, resolution and windowed, what other option would be useful to have on it already configured?

You can see here the inspector:

Regards.

8. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

For the recent update, the generic models creator was improved, including its creator wizard, having now a list of configurable settings similar to the character creator, which can be extended easily to add new ones and make it easier to customize when created:

Regards.

Mark_01, Kennth and EN_Games like this.
  9. Unleaded-Games

Unleaded-Games

My ultimate wish list -

Brightness controls
    Vertical Sync on/off
    Texture quality
    shadow quality/distance

realtime/baked reflection maps

choose which monitor to display on

Ability to be able to add a simple toggle on/off solution for unity's post processing stack (turning on/off things like motion blur, depth of field, etc), or adding a third party plug in.

FOV with limits and max settings

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    sr388 likes this.
  10. sr388

sr388

I see, very interesting settings examples indeed, thanks for it :D I will put them on the todo list, though as mentioned in previous post, it is easy to extend the current graphic settings component to add more options, as it is a small script with the regular functions of unity to handle that ingame.

But of course, always useful to have more examples available out of the box, and with it, the system can save/load the values through the ingame settings system ;)

Regards.

11. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a test with the improved UI navigation with gamepad, as you can see, it has been configured on the pause menus, allowing to move through the UI elements with the joysticks, without need of moving the cursor, keeping it disabled in that state:

The rest of ingame menus keep using the mouse cursor through the gamepad, but they will have the option to use the UI navigation too.

Regards.

12. blacksun666

blacksun666

are there plans to extend that feature to include other ui functions like the inventory, etc?

sr388 likes this.
  13. sr388

sr388

Yes, it will be also configured on the ingame menus, but certain of these menus generate their elements in run time, like the inventory slots on the inventory grid menu, so the navigation on that would be either set inside the code for the slots around each one or make some small function to check for the closest UI to select based on the direction of the gamepad input.

But yeah, it will also possible on ingame menus, like map, inventory, mission log, skill/stats menu, etc....

Regards.

blacksun666 likes this.
  14. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Inspired by the recent gameplay of the new sonic game and since the ability was already configured, I just set a simple building thing with triggers to activate automatically the gravity wall run ability:

Regards.

Mark_01, EN_Games and eaque like this.
  15. sr388

sr388

Good news everyone.

A new online doc for GKC has been made and adding more content to it:

https://game-kit-controller.gitbook.io/docs/

Any person who wants to collaborate on the content of the doc, send me a PM ;)

Regards.

Mark_01, Kennth, EN_Games and 2 others like this.
  16. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of dynamic change of attack mode on AI ingame, forced by an attack of the player which makes AI to drop all its weapons, so it changes to close combat attacks:

Regards.

17. eaque

eaque

I 've benn following your work since the beginning, it is amazing what you have achieved! :)
    even if i don't really need it; Guess i will finaly get it on the next sale!!
    GKC seems so complete, unbelievable!
    great job man!

Mark_01, Kennth and sr388 like this.
  18. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a small component which allows to activate events by checking if the player is carrying a weapon (melee or fire) on his hands, so when he holsters them, a delay can be set to call this event, for example, to change the player's mode to close combat, after 2 seconds of checking:

By using the quick access slots input (either number keys or O P by default to change to the next or previous slot), the player can draw again any weapon, changing of mode. If the player holsters the weapon, it will start the check again:

Thanks @eaque, it has been a long time since it started (back in 2015), so that is very appreciated to hear and really motivates to keep working hard on the asset, which I truly love :D

Very excited for the new work in progress and the roadmap after that, with online, VR, crafting, survival, full body awareness and much more. 2022 and 2023 will be amazing.

Regards.

Mark_01, Kennth, eaque and 2 others like this.
  19. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here another testing to throw away the melee weapons of the enemy with an attack, so they change their attack mode to close combat, just like with fire weapons (this is all activate through remote events, so it is very customizable):

Regards.

Kennth, StevenPicard and EN_Games like this.
  20. neoshaman

neoshaman

Can I disarm by shooting the hand too? (perfect dark 64)
    Can I threatened the npc by pointing a gun at him? (perfect dark n64, don't remember if you had already something like that)

sr388 likes this.
  21. hopeful

hopeful

Is it possible to disarm the enemy in melee by striking the weapon hand with a disarm attack?

sr388 likes this.
  22. sr388

sr388

Yes, by default, the weak points list on the health system (which can be configured to be any body part), can trigger events on damage on specific parts, such as hands, making the AI to drop its weapon or trip to the ground. I can put a couple of clips of this later, but examples of both have been posted already here if I remember properly.

About getting reactions on the AI from pointing a weapon, not yet, but it is planned to be added, for different reactions and behaviors to external elements and objects.

Yes, any of the melee or close combat attacks can activate reactions in the other character, and not only for AI but for the player, so he can also actually lose weapons from specific attacks of the AI. I will show that also later today ;)

Regards.

23. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here the same action to make a character to drop their current weapon activated by remote events from anything, like attacks from close combat, in this case, happening to the player:

And here the option to trigger events based on the damage position received and the configuration of body parts on the character:

ezgif.com-gif-maker_4.gif

upload_2022-7-18_15-20-52.png

upload_2022-7-18_15-21-24.png

Regards.

24. neoshaman

neoshaman

25. Unleaded-Games

Unleaded-Games

26. hopeful

hopeful

I didn't think about this before, but it looks like there is even the opportunity to disarm the opponent and then ... grab their weapon!

Kennth, sr388 and StevenPicard like this.
  27. sr388

sr388

That is strange, it doesn't require any extra stuff, it is like all the webs in general, as they have to ask for cookies by default the first time you visit or if there are not cookies about them on your web cache, as some are configured to remove those temporal files after certain amount of time, so each web will ask to accept for cookies again.

Indeed, they drop their weapon as pickup objects, which you can take and use freely, just like super hot haha.

Regards.

28. hopeful

hopeful

Is it possible to pick them up directly as part of the disarm attack? Like, someone swings a bat at you and you just grab it from them?

29. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been working in my free time in a free climb system, inspired in breath of the wild, here some initial results (not using root motion on the animation on this case yet):

Not yet out of the box, but it would be an interesting mechanic as well, I will put it on the todo list ;)

Regards.

30. neoshaman

neoshaman

OH BOY, what was the difference with just walking on wall? the animation and the camera offset? I always thought it was implicit to the gravity system.

sr388 likes this.
  31. hopeful

hopeful

You have free time? :)

sr388 likes this.
  32. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

The free climb system includes now the climb on top of surfaces, check for the sides to move around very closed places or corners, animation curves to adjust the movement and more:

No, the walk on walls is an ability based on gravity, so basically like magnetic boots.

This a climb system it self, and it will be very complete and having all the elements from this type of system like in breath of the wild, including the configuration of zones which can or can't be climbed, moving and rotating objects and more ;)

Not much, most from time that I steal from sleep hours haha.

Regards.

33. hopeful

hopeful

The climb system is looking very nice, BTW.

Do you think it will be possible to do one-handed actions while climbing? For instance, shooting a pistol, firing a blast from the hand, or launching a webline / grappling hook?

An action that maybe requires no hands (depends on game mechanics) is teleport. I imagine that is already available in conjunction with climbing?

sr388 likes this.
  34. sr388

sr388

Thanks, much appreciated to hear that :D

And yes, I want to add that kind of actions while climbing, but it won't be for this update, but another (the climb system it self will be included on this upcoming update ;) ).

And about using other abilities on that state, not 100% sure if that part will be included now or before, but it is on the list as well.

Regards.

Kennth, EN_Games and hopeful like this.
  35. hopeful

hopeful

I guess how it would work is you'd put a "isClimbing" state bool on it, and then the developer would have to check that before deciding to do actions.

sr388 likes this.
  36. sr388

sr388

Yeah, similar to that, but adding probably some extra check to handle the use of weapons or abilities on that state.

It will be like using weapons on vehicles, so the player and AI will be able to handle that as well in another update ;)

Regards.

EN_Games and hopeful like this.
  37. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here more improvements of the free climb system, including interaction with hook, check of surface for feet, to hang just from hands or place the feet too and more interactions (polished in process too):

And it allows to move on rotating or moving objects:

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  38. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I like the feature but the sliding up while you climb looks weird. Are you planning on making it look a little more realistic? Like you only move when the hands are pulling and the feet are pushing up?

Mark_01 and sr388 like this.
  39. sr388

sr388

Glad to hear that and yes, right now, the movement is by physics, it will have an option to use root motion on climb movement as well, so each user can set the option they prefer ;)

Regards.

Mark_01, Kennth and StevenPicard like this.
  40. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added a cool option on the close combat, which will allow to activate close combat attacks on any state, either while using melee or fire weapons, and keep using them so it will keep the current player's mode, do the attack and keep the weapon on the hands, and chain close combat and fire weapons or melee weapons attacks:

Regards.

41. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a tutorial video to use the dialogue system from pixel crushers:

Regards.

Mark_01, Kennth, EN_Games and 3 others like this.
  42. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the return grenade action when the enemy throws a grenade to the player in first and third person, as the ability system is usable in both views now:

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  43. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a tutorial video to configure generic models on the AI:

Regards.

44. hopeful

hopeful

But how does the flamingo use the machine gun? :)

sr388 likes this.
  45. sr388

sr388

Haha, the generic models can't use the weapons yet, as they change to close combat to handle their attacks as new ones configured on that system, as it allows to set a category of attacks by ID.

So humanoids have an ID for attacks and generics other, allowing to set as many categories as needed for each character or generic modes.

upload_2022-7-29_2-20-31.png

It is planned to allow to generic models to use also melee and fire weapons, so they can carry them either on their bodies, mouth or limbs and perform the attacks with it.

Even a flying drone to fire projectiles like a recent mode inspired by stray haha.

And now that I mention stray, you can pet the cat on GKC haha:

Regards.

Mark_01, Kennth, StevenPicard and 2 others like this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of a vehicle configured through the general drive/rider system to move in between scenes just like the rest of GKC vehicles, so this will allow to use the scene manager to change of scenes while driving an external vehicle controller, such as UVC, RCC, malbers animals, space combat kit, NWH vehicles, etc...

Regards.

47. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have configured the animal to ride examples of GKC to be managed through the save system and the scene managers, so they can move between scenes properly as the rest of dynamic objects:

Regards.

Mark_01, Kennth, StevenPicard and 3 others like this.
  48. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I configured the dual melee weapons on the AI as well, as I didn't have the chance on the recent update:

Funny that the AI can slice each other xd

Regards.

49. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have configured an option to allow to use the weapons while using the slide on rail traversal action:

Regards.

50. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

A beta of the new update is ready, so any person who wants to try it, send me a PM here on the unity forum. Here another example of the character creation having now the starting set on the proper customization slots:

Regards.

EN_Games and Mark_01 like this.