Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.0%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.1%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.5%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.6%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.4%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here more improvements which were of the boat vehicle and tried the push object triggers with them, so you can have ramps inspired on crash bandicoot sea levels:

I added the elements to handle the wind for boat type vehicles with sail, so will test that another day ;)

A jet ski example was also added, being a smaller and faster boat vehicle, using its same vehicle controller:
    jet_ski.gif

Regards.

2. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

GKC is 70% OFF during the flash deals of the asset store, so go get it now or else:

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Regards.

Mark_01, Toshiza, eaque and 2 others like this.
  3. sr388

sr388

Btw, forgot to put the video for what is new on 3.5:

Regards.

Mark_01, jeremiasz, eaque and 2 others like this.
  4. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Inspired on the recent dead space remake and its imaginative use of weapons, I made a test for it, as it is something which can be done out of the box on GKC haha:

Test on GKC:

Original weapon mechanic from dead space:

Regards.

5. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I saw recently some gameplay of the last of us and remembered than on GKC, grenade pickups can be damaged, so I also configured that option on the fuel pickups:

It is just the health component on it along a destroy component for the explosion and damage around, so it can be customized on any type of "delicate" object.

Also, configured a simple "fire spread" example to be used on things like molotovs, explosions and similar:

Both are already available on the recent update.

Regards.

Mark_01, eaque and EN_Games like this.
  6. eaque

eaque

Amazing work!! many thanks

Mark_01 and sr388 like this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Along the molotovs, I configured flash grenade examples, to knock out the enemies during a time, allowing to activate the action system interaction for rotating kicks or any other action you prefer, like a direct kill, very inspired in resident evil 4:

Regards.

hopeful and EN_Games like this.
  8. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Inspired in resident evil 4 remake, I added an option for remote events for parry on fire weapons, so if the timing is right, you can parry melee attacks with that action:

Regards.

9. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

On the recent update, I added an option on the inventory bank to move all the objects from the bank to the player's inventory and viceversa at once (when storing on the player, it checks if it is fully or not):

I will also make a small tutorial video to show how to configure any inventory object to be grabable from the inventory menu:

Regards.

10. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Good day of work, with many more improvements and tweaks :)

I also wanted to make a kind of showcase with the most recent additions and improvements on the gravity system, as I love these elements in any game:

Regards.

Unleaded-Games and EN_Games like this.
  11. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the health system being invulnerable to any regular damage but it can get damaged from certain type of damage, in this case, from a regular sword has the damage type id configured:

So the rest of damages won't do anything to the left cube (like the axe), the right cube has regular damage detection, so anything will apply damage. The marked option is the new one on health, with that, there is a damage id, 847, with 0 resistance, so it will only get damage from that type of damage id:

All objects which apply damage on GKC has an option for damage id, which is -1 by default, which means is has no type, so it makes regular damage, on melee weapons, applying this damage id value, this weapon will affect any regular health value. But on the above left cube, it will be the only capable of apply damage, as the rest of elements have general damage type id as -1:

Regards.

Mark_01, blacksun666 and EN_Games like this.
  12. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

On the recent update, I added options ingame to show/hide the minimap and compass, configured on the main options system, so it will be saved/loaded too:

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  13. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here some Resident Evil 4 remake inspired AI interaction, using the health weak spot system, to detect damage on the knees, it allows to activate a new injured state example on the AI and show the parry counter which was added too on the recent update release:

Regards.

blacksun666 likes this.
  14. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a test to start the game with a melee weapon and shield together:

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  15. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here another preview of rigidbodies moving inside other rigidbodies, such as player walking above vehicles:

Regards.

neoshaman, Mark_01, eaque and 2 others like this.
  16. hopeful

hopeful

I hope this is a somewhat simple and robust method. In the real world, it's the natural state for objects to move independently on top of other moving objects, so I could see this feature being used a lot if it lends itself to that.

sr388 likes this.
  17. sr388

sr388

It is its initial version for this system, so it is not 100% perfect, but of course, improvements on it will be applied on next updates, and other things to test is to have space ships moving on any kind of direction with multiple players and objects inside of it, similar to star citizen or outer wilds.

It will allow to see further improvements and situations to take into account, but yeah, the objective is to make it as good as possible ;)

Regards.

18. hopeful

hopeful

Always happy to have more features! Thanks!

sr388 likes this.
  19. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I made a new tutorial to use elements on scene manager, to save/load the state of objects on scene:

Here a new video summary for what is new on 3.5 update:

Regards.

paulojsam likes this.
  20. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added an option to allow to use a scriptable object list to set the initial inventory list, allowing to set easily different list to start the game along making things easier and more customizable, it can be used to have different sets of objects preconfigured and set one of them randomly on start:

Regards.

21. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a new tutorial video to use the transparent system to ignore and fade any object on scene by the camera collision system, either in free view or locked camera view:

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  22. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I configured an example of the action system for the AI to start the game with it, in this case, a chair, so it can be used for the AI to be there until the player interacts with him or is detected as enemy:

Regards.

EN_Games and hopeful like this.
  23. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the local multiplayer using the boat, while one player drives, the other can use the turret weapon manually (I was playing both players, that is why it looks awkward xd):

Regards.

eaque, hopeful and EN_Games like this.
  24. sr388

sr388

Hi eveyone.

I have made the tests on the AI vehicle, with some improvements and a simple remote activator to set the new target for the vehicle:

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  25. hopeful

hopeful

You didn't drive it into the water. I don't think I could have resisted. :)

sr388 likes this.
  26. bholland

bholland

@sr388 I saw that you were talking about VR integration in one of your roadmaps. Has this been implemented.

sr388 likes this.
  27. sr388

sr388

Haha, by default, the regular vehicles have a remote event configured when entering on swim triggers to explode, inspired in GTA games (of course, that can be disabled).

Yes, it is going to be worked during the next main update along online and full body awareness, as I am finishing a small update with many improvements and tweaks ;)

Regards.

EN_Games and hopeful like this.
  28. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I fixed a small issue on the sheathe melee weapon action animation, where the weapon mesh was being moved a few frames to an incorrect place during the action here how it looked before (notice the axe on the end, showing on the back a few frames before time):

Here is how it looks now:

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  29. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have moved the main dynamic UI panels as separated prefabs, so they are not inside the main canvas, being a better management of UI, like health bars, pickups icons, screen objectives, damage numbers, etc...

Regards.

StevenPicard, EN_Games and hopeful like this.
  30. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I just wanted to thank to all the people during the latest sales on the asset store, as GKC was able to reach for a little time between the top purchases, which means a lot for me and really motivates a lot to keep working hard and do my best with the asset:

You can be sure I will keep working and make the asset as good as possible for many more years :)

Regards.

hopeful, StevenPicard and EN_Games like this.
  31. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I improved the third person animation posture and, also allow to crouch when using fire weapons, so that action is finally included on GKC allowing to aim and fire and move with fire weapons in crouch state (ignore the weird things, it will get a few tweaks for the update):

Regards.

StevenPicard and EN_Games like this.
  32. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added also an slice option on fire weapons so they can activate the slice system on impact, like a shotgun slicing enemies due to its power haha:

Regards.

33. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the order system for AI with an example to make a salute in both the AI and the player:

And here the settings for it, without any hard code:

Regards.

jeremiasz, hopeful and EN_Games like this.
  34. bholland

bholland

Has anyone ever found a way to make the GKC character walk on planets created by Space Graphics Toolkit. The player just falls right through.

35. bholland

bholland

Or conversly, has anyone found a way to put grass and or trees on the Sphere to circumnavigate from GKC?

36. hopeful

hopeful

Just a quick guess, but first things I'd think of are: is there a collider, and is that collider on the same layer I'm looking on for ground?

37. sr388

sr388

@bholland , by default, the player controller uses a layermask for ground detection through raycast.

From what you say, it sounds like the mesh of that planet has no collider or maybe the physics matrix of your project has certain layer collisions to ignore each other.

You can adjust the same set gravity trigger of the circumnavigation sphere prefab example to your planet and it will work on the same way, as that example hasn't nothing special, just the set gravity component on a trigger to check objects entering it and adjusting its gravity.

Also, make sure to adjust the tag of the planetoid mesh collider as "sphere", so the gravity system is adjusted to its surface.

There is a main post here on the forum where I talked about the main gravity elements, will try to locate it later.

Regards.

38. sr388

sr388

hopeful likes this.
  39. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been thinking how the inventory "tetris" management would work and I think it could be achieved in about 3-4 days, so it is going to be an element for the next main update after finishing this upcoming one.

I have been also improving the slice system to be usable on the player as well, avoiding to destroy the original model mesh, so the AI will be able to slice the player to pieces if needed.

AI will be like:

re4-resident-evil4.gif

Regards.

40. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have updated the EBS integration, here a test:

And the steps doc:

Emerald-GKC integration Doc PDF

As I mention, there will be a further integration to allow communication with the player's inventory to use its objects through EBS. let me know your results if you try it ;)

Regards.

StevenPicard and EN_Games like this.
  41. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here some dumb stuff playing with laser mines on vehicles:

And here a preview of dual weapons with the new possibility to crouch with both and keep aiming and shoot:

Regards.

42. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added the option to repair inventory objects directly from the inventory manager, avoiding the need to go into the crafting menu, if the materials for it are available, it will repair it and show a message, and same for the other case:

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  43. sr388

sr388

EN_Games likes this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I finished all tasks and I am doing the demo builds now, so everything will be sent to the store within 1 day for the new version 3.6.

Here a new option on fire weapons (including vehicle weapons) to slice objects on impact, including more accuracy now:

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  45. hopeful

hopeful

The new update is live in the store.

sr388 likes this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

The new update 3.6 is already live on the asset store (a little reminder to always make backups of your projects before anything else)

Also, there are new animations added on the examples of the action system and other movements, so I recommend to check the public repository of the asset to get the new animation package (more info on the doc, in the external files section).

Thanks for all the kind words, interest and support (especially to all the Patreon supporters) while working on this new update, it means a lot for me and really motivates to keep working more in the asset

Time to start with the new update finally, which will be focused on multiplayer online, full body awareness and VR integration along other elements.

Also, if you have already GKC 3.5 or 3.4, you should be able to just overwrite the main Scripts folder of GKC if you want to keep any previous element on your project with GKC elements, but VERY IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP EITHER IF YOU OVERWRITE OR IMPORT THE ASSET DIRECTLY ;)

Here the changelog file:

GKC Changelog 3.6

Regards.

blacksun666, hopeful and EN_Games like this.
  47. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a new video summary for what is new on 3.6 update:

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  48. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

For the recent release, I improved a couple of elements on the spear launcher, including also an option to stop the spear after x time if not reaching a surface after impaling a target:

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  49. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added an option on the damage receiver component (either vehicles, characters or objects), to allow to trigger events on certain amount of damage on certain body parts easily this allows for example to disattach vehicle or body parts easily:

And here an example of how it works:

Regards.

Mark_01, hopeful and EN_Games like this.
  50. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I am glad to announce that Game Kit Controller is 50% OFF during the Spring Sales on the asset store!

upload_2023-5-11_16-53-13.png

Also, I am happy to show the first WIP for the full body awareness:

Regards.