Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.0%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.1%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.5%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.6%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.4%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Do you mean to make the script to be able to set the direction or next position of the AI with navmesh and other external function? You are right, I want to make AIs to be able to move using navmesh and other pathfinding methods, so anyone can use any way to set their movement direction.
    Also, I need to make it in this way, so other characters and enemies (vehicles included) can follow the player in other surfaces, where navmesh can't be used.

Thank you for the advice.

2. toto2003

toto2003

i was dreaming about a wipe out style sim with this asset, happy you re going into that direction

jonfinlay and sr388 like this.
  3. sr388

sr388

I didn't think about add a wipe out mode to the vehicles, but now that you mention, it sounds cool. I will make some test to try a control similar to that in a future update.

Regards.

jonfinlay and hopeful like this.
  4. Nateply

Nateply

In a new project (5.3.4f1) with only Gravity Twist loaded, the GTC_Prefab shows a missing script. The Features Manager script is there, but if there's another, it doesn't load. I went back to 5.1.1 and had the same issue. Any advice on what that script should be?

Attached Files:

5. sr388

sr388

Hi Nateply.

Some users already told me that issue. The missing script was just a script used to export the full project, from unity 4 to unity 5. I removed the script but forgot to remove the reference of the inspector. It is my fault. There is not any script missing actually.

I am going to add an issues list to the main post of the forum with a couple of issues that some users told me about the current version of the asset. I want to upload a fixed version (maybe 2.3.1) without that problems, nothing really important, just a couple of things that I didn't noticed when I was testing the current version.

Also, I will add in this post those issues, so people that doesn't watch the main post could see it here, while I upload the new version in a few days.

LIST OF KNOWN ISSUES IN THE CURRENT VERSION (will be fixed very soon):
    I am really sorry for this kind of problems, which doesn't break the asset, but can cause confusion . As soon as I can, I will upload a fixed version.

Regards.

EDIT: Issues list added to the main post.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  6. Nateply

Nateply

No problem! Thanks for the update. I'm loving this asset!

sr388 likes this.
  7. TymNetwork

TymNetwork

Many of us padawans should be working together in the future!

sr388 likes this.
  8. sr388

sr388

That would be cool, it will be the only way to defeat the first order. But yeah, I really want to work as a fully time game (and in my free time asset) developer.

TymNetwork likes this.
  9. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have almost finished the vehicle system. The new features added to it are:
    • Smooth camera transistion when the player gets in and gets off.
    • The script checks if the player is in third or first person, so when the player is in the vehicle, the camera position and rotation is set according to that value.
    • In first person view in the vehicle, a rotation limit can be set.
    • Also, you can change the camera mode once you are driving from third to first person and viceversa.
    • When the player wants to get off of the vehicle, the script checks if there is any object at right and left side, to get in which side the player can get off. If in both sides there are obstacles, the player can't get off
    • The motorbike now is balanced also in its x local axis, and I am thinking to add a mode to rotate it in that axis using the movement keys when the player is in the air.
    Once the motorbike system is completed, will be very quick to add and configure the vehicle. There won't be animations to getting in and off, at least in version 2.4, but I don't discard to include them in a future update.

By the way, in this capture you can see how the IK system works, you only need to set the position and rotation of every limb of the player along with its position inside the vehicle and the cube inside the handlebar to rotate player's upper body.

Captura.PNG

Here a couple of gifs:

Animation.gif
    Animation2.gif
    Animation3.gif

Also, I am thinking in adding more type of vehicles, one of them similar to the vehicle of the revenge of the sith driven by General Grievous. So if you have in mind another kind of vehicles that you would like to see in this asset (scifi, more realistic, etc..), tell me. The current list of vehicles that I will add in this update:
    • Car
    • Motorbike
    • HoverCraft
    • Mecha (according to time it can takes, maybe it will be added in the next version)
    • Hoverboard (same as the mecha)

GrievWheelBike_wsmi.jpg
    After finishing the weapons mode for the player, I will start to add easy customizable weapons to the vehicle along with a health system for vehicles, so they can be destroyed.

Finally, I am thinking in adding a demo for the current state of the update, so you can test the vehicles and the new aim system and tell me what you think about them.

Regards.

TymNetwork and Mayureshete like this.
  10. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Please don't forget the Fantasy / Medieval Base here ;) Horses for example or something flying so you can use it for Dragons, Birds etc.
    Really looking forward for weapon mode and hopefully some Fantasy Weapons or new close combat combos soon.

Keep it up! Vehicle Feature looks awesome!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    sr388 likes this.
  11. sr388

sr388

Yes, I definitely will add a mode to ride animals (or other systems that uses animations instead being just machines like cars or planes).
    And of course, weapons for physic melee combat, including the bow, which I am thinking in use it as a hook (also the hook will can be used with a modern weapon) to move for the scene, like in ratchet and clank or failsafe for example, a game that you should take a look, because it looks amazing, hope their developers launch it soon. Check the trailer:

Regards.

hopeful and Mayureshete like this.
  12. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Yeah the trailer is pretty amazing. Playing this from Ego Perspective in VR would be really terrifying ;)
    Btw. I totally forgot how eager I am to see Footplacement (Full Body Awareness). This will make the controller so unique, can't wait for that.

sr388 likes this.
  13. sr388

sr388

Yes, I still have to work in some details of the IK foots. As soon as I can, I will post that final system.

Respect full body awareness, I can't wait to start to work in it, it is one of the main features that I wanted to include from the beginning of the asset. I hope to get a similar mirror's edge looking and working.

14. TymNetwork

TymNetwork

That monocycle would be great!

15. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

I know its still long way to go but when have u planned Multiplayer competitive and cooperative

16. sr388

sr388

In terms of versions, 2.4 and 2.5 will include a lot of features, that will fill a big part of what a game could need (but not all of course).

I don't know yet what features will be add to 2.5, but most of them will come from the list in the main post of this forum, those of 2.4 that for time reasons maybe won't be included, to avoid a big gap between updates and new ones that I am thinking.

So my idea is start to working in multiplayer at the end of version 2.5 and try to include it in version 2.6, but you can be sure that this feature will be included in the asset and before version 3.0.

I have to say that I have to learn about multiplayer in unity, but like I said before, one of the reasons why I created this asset is as a way to keep learning and improving my knowledge about unity and videogames.

In terms of time, I want to include multiplayer before the end of this year (much earlier I hope, maybe in summer).

By the way, I haved added more features to the vehicle system:
    • New HUD designed for vehicles, when the player gets in to a vehicle, the player's HUD is disabled and the vehicles one is enabled, showing health, boost and ammo amount (it will included more info and its look will be improved). The HUD info is updated with the current values of the vehicle driven by the player.
    • The vehicles have a health system, so they can be damaged by the any projectile fired by the player or the turrets, so it the health is 0, the vehicle ejects the player and it is distroyed. This system includes health, boost and ammo amount, that can be configurated to be regenerative or using pick ups to be refilled. While the player is driving the vehicle, he doesn't receive damage, but once he is ejected, he receive it. I will add an option to damage or kill the player if the vehicle that he is driven is destroyed.
    Here a gif:
    Animation14.gif

Also, I have been thinking about a couple of systems that I would like to test for version 2.5 or next:
    • Add a tank as another vehicle, with wheel tracks included, checking the distance to the ground, rotating and moving according to that.
    • A system to make procedural melee attacks , using curved waypoints and inverse kinematics, so it would be very easy to configure every attack, setting its movement, velocity, damage, etc...
    The last one is the one that I am really curious to try, because it could very cool or doesn't work like I think.

Sorry for so much text.

Yes, I want to add any kind of vehicle useful or cool to drive, so any kind of vehicle from other games or films that you would like to see in the asset (which of course will have gravity control and weapons system), tell me ;).

Regards.

17. camilosw

camilosw

Hi

I bought your asset because I need to walk on surfaces with gravity change and for the price and the amount of features I found your asset very attractive. Probably I will use those features in a future game, but for now I only need a first person character that can walk on surfaces with different orientations. I want to know if there is an easy way to remove all the features I doesn't need or I must struggle with the code and start removing what I doesn't need. I don't have problem if I need to work with the code, surely I will learn something new, but time is money so I prefer to work on another aspects of my game. If there is not an easy way, I will appreciate if you can give me some advices about how to proceed to leave it simple.

Thanks

18. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

In the last version a "Feature Manager" was added. There you can simply dis or enable all the features you want to use, like Gravity Features, Powers, HUDs etc. You don't have to change anything in the code to disable features.

TymNetwork and Mayureshete like this.
  19. camilosw

camilosw

Unfortunately there is no options for a first person character only. I doesn't need the third person character.

20. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Hmmm... I am not using First Person in my game but using First Person in GTC and disabling all the feature does not work? Because you set First or Third Person option in the GTC Prefab and features are handled in the Feature Manager (I thought independent of Thrid or First Person). If thats not the case this would mean that this features only are changebable for Third Person. I am pretty sure sr388 will know what to do :)

21. camilosw

camilosw

My fault. I finally found a button on the Player Camera to set it to first person. Thanks for your help.

hopeful likes this.
  22. sr388

sr388

Hi camilosw, sorry for the late replay I was sleeping until some minutes ago (I have a weird schedule).
    Thanks for your purchase.

Like RonnyDance said (thanks ronny for your quick help), there is a feature manager that allows you to disable any feature that you want.

Also, if you want to use only the first person mode, use the feature manager inspector, disable the option "change camera view" in Power Features and press "set configuration". In this way, the camera view can't be change ingame.
    Captura5.PNG
    Finally, go to Player Camera inspector in Player Camera gameObject and press "Set First Person" to change the camera view in the editor mode, so your game always start in first person mode. (make sure that in Current Camera it says "FIRST_PERSON").
    features.PNG

I will make this configuration more intuitive in the current version, adding also explanations for every field in Features Manager and making more improvements to it. In fact I will add a FAQ list in the main post with this kind of doubts along with video tutorials.

Regards.

TymNetwork likes this.
  23. camilosw

camilosw

Thanks for your support sr388, first person is working fine now, but there is something I can't get to work. I created a big cylinder under the character and I need that he always walk around it. On your demo scene I know how to walk on the central sphere but I doesn't know how to do it in my own scene. I tried activating booleans on the Player Controller and Change Gravity scripts but doesn't work well. What I need is that my character always move around the object since the beginning without the player pressing the R key.

My game have a scene with multiple surfaces that change their direction smoothly and I need that the character adjust to every surface while walk without jumping or pressing any key.

Thanks

24. sr388

sr388

You welcome camilosw, I am always glad to help.

Some of the booleans in those inspectors are only to view the current state of the player (sometimes, I think that would be better to hide the booleans that only show info, or make them unable to edit) . Have you set the tag of that cylinder to sphere? Is the only configuration needed to circumnavigate an object.

Respect the option to start the game with the gravity changed to that surface direction, currently you have an option to start with a different gravity direction:
    • First, rotate the player Controller and the camera Controller in the direction of your new gravity direction.
    • Second, go to changeGravity inspector and set these values:
    Captura3.PNG
    This makes the player searchs a new surface, checking also if the next object that will hit has the tag "sphere", so he can circumnavigate that object.​
    • Current normal has to be the normal of the gravity direction, in this case with (0,0,-1), the player will fall in his negative local Z axis, so set the direction of your cylinder.
    • Finally, make sure the tag of the cylinder is sphere.
    Tell me if this fix your issue.

Regards.

25. camilosw

camilosw

Work as expected, thanks.

26. Nateply

Nateply

Please leave them visible. Choice is good.

27. sr388

sr388

I am happy to hear that.

Choice is good, choice is life.

Don't worry, I also found them very useful (most of times in debug and when I add new things), I think that the best option is to make those variables uneditable in the inspector (it is said like that in english?), but anyways, there are only a few of these variables.

By the way, I have been able to get back to work with the asset for some hours after a couple of insane weeks of work with the university (I finish the master in 3 weeks) and here it is the new stuff added:
    • Input manager index problem and all the warnings (mentioned in the main post) are fixed.
    • The car has been added and the player can already drive it.
    • When the player gets in to a vehicle, it is checked if the player was aiming, using the scanner mode, carrying a box,....to disable that state, so he can drive the car with out problems.
    • When the player gets off from the car, it can be configured from what side of the car the player exits (right or left), checking in that side is not blocking by an object, so the player will get off in the other side, checking in the same way, so if both sides are blocked, the player won't get off. In the first picture, you can see two yellow spheres which their positions are configured in the inspector. They are use to see the positions where a ray is used to check both sides, and the another ray is used to check the distance to the ground, so the player is placed (nicely) at the side of the vehicle.
    • In that picture you can see a few cylinders in the top of the car. They are used by the weapon system for vehicles, which is almost completed. The weapon system follows the camera rotation and a rotation limit can be configured. Like the powers, it is very easy to create and add new weapons. Also, you can use the mouse wheel to change between weapons, the ammo can be infinite or use pick ups to refill it.
    • The car has almost the same scripts that the motorbike, so it is easier to make new type of vehicles with only a few changes. The second picture of the car shows the IK positions of the player, including the steering wheel. For now, the car has the same features that the motorbike.
    • Finally, all the vehicles has a first person view, and here a capture of how it looks in the car.
    1.PNG
    2.PNG
    3.png
    Like I said, I will make a better model (with blender) for every vehicle, so don't be afraid for the current look of the vehicles.
    Also, I think that I will add a jetpack as a vehicle in this update, because it will be very easy to add and a jetpack is always a cool way to move throught a game. I am really having a great time making the vehicle system.

EDIT: I forgot to mention something IMPORTANT: I think that maybe I will release a version 2.3.5, with the fixes, the new aiming system, the vehicles (and their weaposn) and the IK foot placement, because I think that these new features are already enough big to be a new version for themselves and to make the time between new versions shorter, so anyone can use the new features. I think that this way is better, so version 2.4 will have the rest of the features (and maybe new ones). What do you think?

Sorry again for a long post (and bad grammar).

Regards.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  28. Razmot

Razmot

What's up ? 2.3.5 soon ?

29. sr388

sr388

Hi Razmot and everyone.

I am really sorry for the these days of silence in the thread, The last two weeks have been a really hell's nightmare of university's work. Literally I hadn't any free time, and I really wanted to open Unity but I couldn't. But finally, I can back to work in the asset today (once I back to home).

I think that this week, I will be able to finish the vehicle system and the weapons for them. Last thing I added to the asset was the weapon system in vehicles. The weapons can be changed using wheel mouse, number keys and two more buttons in the keyboard, for next and previous weapon. It works really well, you can add new types of weapons easily, and for everyone set its shoot position, animation, sound, fire rate, amount of ammo, clip size, projectile shells position, etc....

The current weapons in the car are:
    • Machine gun.
    • Cannon.
    • Laser.
    • Homing missiles.
    • Implosion grenades.

I will add more types of weapons. Here a couple of gifs:

Animation2.gif
    Animation3.gif
    Animation11.gif
    Animation67.gif

The current pick ups will allow the player to pick up health, ammo and energy for the vehicles while he is driving.

Also, I have been thinking in adding some new features to the asset, maybe in version 2.3.5 or 2.4:
    • Fly mode for the player, in a similar way to iron man.
    • Zip lines.
    • Portal gun (with different modes).
    • Some new powers.
    • Little Radio Controls vehicles, controlled with different point of views.
    The fly mode has the higher priority over the other features above, but for now my main objective for 2.3.5 is finishing vehicles and foot placement and upload it.

Again, sorry for the waiting and these silent days, I have missed working in the asset. I hope that in less than 2 weeks the version 2.3.5 will be finished and uploaded.

Regards.

30. Marakesch

Marakesch

Hey, very cool, I'm very awaiting for version 2.3.5
    This new features that allow car to shot, it is just awesome. Anyway for more easy use will be great feature - some playmaker actions compatible with twist controller. And question, is it possible to use other vehicle controllers asset with yours one.
    Thanks in advance.

sr388 likes this.
  31. sr388

sr388

Hi Marakesch.

I really like how the vehicles are getting work in the asset, even being my first try with cars, wheelcolliders, etc...I always like a system that uses physics to work, and also, if you can shoot damn missiles, grenades and machine guns, it is better haha.

I have to start to make test with other assets and add a list in the main post of those which are compatible. It is one of my priorities.

About playmaker, do you mean to add to gravity twist more menu options and editor similar to playmaker? Right now, I don't have playmaker, but since is an asset very used, it would be interesting make it compatible.

And about the vehicles, I think that shouldn't be a problem, even you could use some scripts of my vehicles in the others, due to every part is separated, like the driving system, weapons, the player getting in and off, the vehicle health, etc....(in that case, maybe it could need some configuration in the code....maybe)

Regards.

Marakesch likes this.
  32. Knightwing

Knightwing

Awesome work with the vehicles! Will you also add a flying vehicle?

Looking forward to trying them out as well as the weapon system (player will be able to pick up and use weapons) and portal gun (all your ideas sound great) in later updates.

Just wondering if you plan to add any quest or inventory systems?

33. sr388

sr388

Absolutely, the initial flying vehicles will be the jetpack, the flying mode for the player and the plane mode for the mecha. Also, I want to add some kind of plane or aircraft, I accept suggestions for that vehicle (and any other type).

The weapon mode for the player will be the next feature that I will make and add after the release of version 2.3.5, and yes, in version 2.4, there will be an inventory system. I already thought abouth add a mission/quest system for version 2.4 or next.

Regards.

34. Marakesch

Marakesch

Hey,
    What I mean about playmaker, playmaker have actions, it is separate code file, but it used for visual scripting. The idea that you dont need go to coding, to use it. I believe it is better if you can try playmaker, and see how it works, and you will understand, what do I mean.

PS. you want to add so many features, it is really too much. I just suggest to polish what you have, and after add additional features. You know what the point if you do many, nothing will be perfect. But if you concentrate on one, it is good starter point. But anyway it is only suggestion, nothing more.

sr388 likes this.
  35. sr388

sr388

Ah, ok, now I understand what you meant. What I do for now is try to make the inspector of every object really easy to use and understand. One day, I hope that I can get something similar to playmaker with respect to usability and options.

Yeah, sometimes it looks that I want to add a lot of features, and sometimes I think that too, but every suggestion or idea goes to my TODO list, and everything has a priority and an order. Once I start a feature, it gets all my attention until it works. Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate your advice, I think like you, if you try to include all at once, it is impossible to make it works properly.

Btw, I stil working in the vehicles, it is completed at 90 %.

Regards.

Razmot, Marakesch and RonnyDance like this.
  36. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

The university stills taking most of my time. This week, I have worked in the vehicles, adding more features to them and improving the whole system, These are the new ones:
    • You can add as many colliders (box or mesh) as you want (according to the vehicle meshes), which are used to check the damage received by every vehicle, so like this the damage detection is really accurated. For example, if you shoot a grenade to a car, every collider will receive the explosion, but the vehicle will only be damaged once, with the correct amount.
    • New pickup added, the ammo. Just need to configure the amount of ammo and the name of the weapon that belongs. For now it is only grabbed for the vehicles, but it will be used for the player once the weapon system for him is done.
    • When the player/vehicle grabs a pickup, this will check if the amount of health, energy or ammo is filled or not, so the player/vehicle only will get the neccessary objects to restore his state (it is better not to waste pickups). In version 2.3, the player grabbed every pickup close to him. This is also applied when the player is close to more than one pickup, so if the player has 90/100 of health and he is close to two health pickups, he only will grab one of them.
    • The weapon of the vehicle checks when the rotation limit is reached, and in this case, the projectiles are fired in the weapon forward direction. This is made like that because the projectiles are fired in the camera direction, to have a perfect accuracy, so when the player is looking down, this avoid to shoot in a wrong direction.
    • Explosive barrels have been added. These barrels can be grabbed and thrown by the player. When they collide with a surface or an object, they explode, breaking the mesh of the barrel in pieces which disappear in some seconds, and also, it can be added a drop pickups option, so now there are more ways to get these pickups. The barrels damages and pushes any object close to its explosion, which radius can be configured and can be destroyed just by shooting, throwing any object or hitting with a vehicle. It is cool to create a chain reaction xd.
    • The vehicle has a new weapon, a barrel launcher, like in borderlands 2. It is configured using the same weapon system of the vehicles, shooting a barrel with a nice parable in the position where the camera aims. The barrel is launched applying a force to its rigidbody.
    • New power added, which allows to the player interchange his position with a rigidbody option (it could be useful, maybe).
    I made a new "cubic" car design, I would like to make a model for the car and motorbike, but I think that maybe it could take me an extra amount of days, and I wouldn't like to make a new delay.

I really like how the vehicles are working. I have made some improvements to the gravity control of vehicles. They received damage when they collide with another vehicle. Also, I have been adding some sounds effects.

Here a couple of gifs:

Animation2.gif
    Animation3.gif
    Animation4.gif
    Animation9.gif
    The only work left to do is make a couple of changes in the controller of the vehicles, finishing the code comments and add the new information to the documentation, so I think that in a week the version 2.3.5 will be ready to upload. There is a little probability that the IK foot placement will be delay to 2.4.

After finishing this version, I will make the weapon system for the player and add the jetpack, the flying mode and a "vehicle system" to drive objects with animations/mecanim ( I am thinking to create a big bird to ride). And of course the rest of features of version 2.4 (can't wait to start that update).

Anyway, let me know your opinion about the current state of the update (hope you like it, and long post again xd).

Regards.

hopeful and Mayureshete like this.
  37. Mainc0de

Mainc0de

Hi sr388! I bought your asset and found it great! Espetially for my openspace\space station adventure! Gravity tricks look cool in space scene! One small question: is it possible to see the character body, or at least character hands when we are at first person mode? Can you push me at right direction how to implement this? Thanks!

38. hopeful

hopeful

It all sounds like fun, but I guess I'm most looking forward to seeing the flying mode, jetpack, and flying vehicle. :)

sr388 likes this.
  39. sr388

sr388

Hi A.n.g.e.l_666, thanks for your purchase and welcome to a new dimesion of movement muhahaha.

That feature that you said is called full body awareness or FBA (I didn't know this name until a couple of months ago) and I want to add that feature for version 2.4 (currently I am finishing the update 2.3.5 and I want to upload in a couple of days) which is the next version that I will make after 2.3.5.

FBA shouldn't be difficult to achieve, the main parts are:
    • Enable the player's body in first person.
    • Make the player always rotates towards camera direction (there is a function that already do that)
    • Set the scale of the head to 0 (or set a transparent shader ) to avoid the camera looks throught it.
    I think these are the important parts, the code part should be easy too. Anyway, once I have this feature, I can tell you more specifically how it is done.

Yeah, along with mecha and weapons for the player, I really want to see how that features will look (hope cool, why not?)

Btw, this afternoon, I will post the full changelog of current update.

40. Mainc0de

Mainc0de

:):D !!!

41. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Like I said, here is the complete changelog of version 2.3.5, I will try to make it short (but it is a little big xd):

IK IN ARMS:
    • New aim IK system for the arms, now the arms configuration from the version 2.0 tutorial is not necessary. You only have set the position of every hand when the aim mode is enabled and for this there are two cubes to set their position. Also, the arms are rotated smoothly to that position when the aim mode is enabled. Every arm checks its forward direction to move backward according to the distance to a close collider.
    VEHICLES:
    • Drive any type of vehicles in any surface. The vehicle controls allows to drive every vehicle back and forward, turn to right and left, use a boost, brake, jump and change the gravity direction in a similar way to the player. When you use the gravity control, the vehicle is launched directly in the camera direction, instead of floating in the air. Vehicles are very configurable and easy to create.
    • The vehicles use wheelcolliders, using suspensions and they are controlled with physics.
    • The vehicles can be balanced in the air, so they can keep their velocity and direction correctly.
    • The player can get on and off to the vehicles, and inverse kinematics is used to set every limb position, so the player's body moves according to the control of the vehicle (steering wheel), allowing to configure every position and rotation.
    • When the player get off from the motorbike in a different gravity, the player is set automatically to that new gravity.
    • Smart use of the camera in vehicles. Smooth camera transition when the player gets in and gets off. The script checks if the player is in third or first person, so when the player is in the vehicle, the camera position and rotation is set according to that value. In first person view in the vehicle, a rotation limit can be set. Also, you can change the camera mode once you are driving from third to first person and viceversa.
    • When the player wants to gets off from the car, it can be configured from what side of the car the player exits (right or left), checking in that side is not blocking by an object, so the player will get off in the other side, checking in the same way, so if both sides are blocked, the player won't get off.
    • There are two yellow spheres which their positions are configured in the inspector. They are use to see the positions where a ray is used to check both sides, and the another ray is used to check the distance to the ground, so the player is placed (nicely) at the side of the vehicle.
    • Also, when the player gets off, the vehicle camera rotation is reset, so every time that the player gets on, the camera is placed in the back of the vehicle.
    • New HUD designed for vehicles, when the player gets in to a vehicle, the player's HUD is disabled and the vehicles one is enabled, showing health, boost, ammo amount, clip size and name of the current weapon. The HUD info is updated with the current values of the vehicle driven by the player.
    • The vehicles have a health system, so they can be damaged by the any projectile fired by the player or the turrets, and if he health is 0, the vehicle ejects the player and it is distroyed. This system includes health, boost and ammo amount, that can be configurated to be regenerative or using pick ups to be refilled. While the player is driving the vehicle, he doesn't receive damage, but once he is ejected, he receive it. Also, when he is driving the pickups are only grabbed by the vehicle to refill its parameters. Vehicles received damage when they collide with another vehicle.
    • If the health of the vehicle is lower that 25%, fire and smoke particles are activated in the vehicle, to warning the player. If the health still decreasing, the fire will be bigger. If he gets health pickups, the fire will dissapear.
    • When the player gets in to a vehicle, it is checked if the player was aiming, using the scanner mode, carrying a box,....to disable that state, so he can drive the car with out problems.
    • You can add as many colliders (box or mesh) as you want (according to the vehicle meshes), which are used to check the damage received by every vehicle, so like this the damage detection is really accurated. For example, if you shoot a grenade to a car, every collider will receive the explosion, but the vehicle will only be damaged once, with the correct amount.
    VEHICLE WEAPONS:
    • New Vehicle weapon system, it follows the camera rotation and a rotation limit can be configured. Like the powers, it is very easy to create and add new weapons, configuring its name, clip size, fire rate, shoot position, animation, sound, muzzle flash, ... The weapons can be changed using wheel mouse, number keys and two more buttons in the keyboard, for next and previous weapon. The ammo can be infinite or use pick ups to refill it. The current weapons in the vehicle are:
      • Machine gun.
      • Cannon.
      • Laser.
      • Homing missiles.
      • Implosion grenades.
      • Barrel launcher.
    • New pickup added, the ammo. Just need to configure the amount of ammo and the name of the weapon that belongs. For now it is only grabbed for the vehicles, but it will be used for the player once the weapon system for him is done. And now the pick ups can be set as static, instead of rigidbodies.
    • When the player/vehicle grabs a pickup, this will check if the amount of health, energy or ammo is filled or not, so the player/vehicle only will get the neccessary objects to restore his state. In version 2.3, the player grabbed every pickup close to him. This is also applied when the player is close to more than one pickup, so if the player has 90/100 of health and he is close to two health pickups, he only will grab one of them.
    • The weapon of the vehicle checks when the rotation limit is reached, and in this case, the projectiles are fired in the weapon forward direction. This is made like that because the projectiles are fired in the camera direction, to have a perfect accuracy, so when the player is looking down, this avoid to shoot in a wrong direction.
    • Explosive barrels have been added. These barrels can be grabbed and thrown by the player. When they collide with a surface or an object, they explode, breaking the mesh of the barrel in pieces which disappear in some seconds, and also, it can be added a drop pickups option, so now there are more ways to get these pickups.
    • The barrels damages and pushes any object close to its explosion, which radius can be configured and can be destroyed just by shooting, throwing any object or hitting with a vehicle. Chain reactions can be done with them.
    • Barrel launcher added , like in borderlands 2, is configured using the same weapon system of the vehicles, shooting a barrel with a nice parable in the position where the camera aims. The barrel is launched applying a force to its rigidbody.
    • When the boost is being using, the camera move away from the vehicle and a boost particles are enabled. If the car energy reachs 0 or the boost is disabled, the camera backs to its position and the particles are disabled.
    • The vehicles are fully controlled with the custom input manager from the asset, along with integrated touch controls for mobile, which can be tested in pc too. Also, the weapons can be changed by swiping in the right upper corner of the screen.
    OTHERS:
    • All issues and problems in the main post of the forum are fixed.
    • New power added, which allows to the player interchange his position with a rigidbody option (it could be useful, maybe).
    • Procedural ragdoll added, so when a new character is built, a ragdoll is added automatically to him.
    A lot of text again (xd), the bold font will help to know the main parts. This is all. The update is almost finished, I am only improving some parts and removing issues. I think that it should be ready in a couple of days.

Tomorrow I will try to make a video showing all these features, so you can see them better. Tell me any doubt or suggestion.

IMPORTANT: version 2.3.5 will be avaliable for unity 4 and 5. But in unity 4 will only have the fixes and a couple of features, the vehicles and the new aim system will only be for unity 5, due to IK are used in them (IK is not avaliable for unity 4 free).

Regards.

42. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I am sorry for so much delay, I have been commenting the code for the update and making test to check everything works perfectly. So, in this phase I always make general improvements and fixes to everything. These are the new ones:
    • Better player builder and procedural ragdoll builder
    • Editor button to change to touch/keyboard controls, also when you compile the asset, it detects the platform and enable the correct controls
    • When the barrel launcher in the vehicle is being used, a linerender parable is visible, showing better the parable made by the barrel
    • The parables of the barrel works in any surface when the gravity control of the vehicle is used, so if you are driving the vehicle in the roof and you shoot, the barrel will make a parable using rigidbody velocity
    • When a vehicle has not weapons, the hud with the ammo info is disabled
    • The text showed when you interact with a devices can be configured easily in every object individually
    • Recharge stations, where the player can refill his health and energy (like in metroid)
    • More sounds effects added to weapons
    • Homing missiles improved, they seek the objective better
    I am really close to finish the update, just wait a little longer.

Regards.

43. keifyb

keifyb

more video tutorials i hope, so much stuff i dont know whats coming or going. Like a overview of the code as well as the many many funtions and well, everything! lol dude it is soo confusing, code needs comments n that.

Love it btw, wish i could figure out how to photon multiplayer it. would love to gravitate you or someone else. thats my dream.

After spending so much time with udk tegleg city i am failing at the first with unity.

sr388 likes this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Of course, the last version didn't include video tutorials due to lack of time, so I focused in explain every component in the documentation. But now that I have less work and also the size that the asset is getting, I promise that version 2.3.5 will have tutorials for every component, like create a new player, add powers, create a vehicle, etc....

About the multiplayer, I want to add it to the asset. It has to be really cool fight in different surfaces with powers or weapons, changing the general gravity. But, first I want to finish the main components with weapons and similar. Once all that has been added, I will focus in the multiplayer component.

Regards.

45. keifyb

keifyb

nice 1 matey, the photon community would lap that right up and start buying your asset more. another asset creator who makes uconstruct is on a mission to intergrate popular assets. if you made it more photon multiplayer friendly im sure u could get something ace going.
    in regards to the vids, it would help alot.
    a friend of mine and i made a udk game multiplayer called tegleg city. would love to recreate that graivity gun in unity and add the things that caused us problems like walikng up walls properly.

im looking forward to your new updates and i wish you good health and godspeed

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  46. sr388

sr388

I will look to that about integrate popular assets.

I have seen tegled city and it looks insane and cool with some gravity components. It looks a mix of saint rows and a gta with cheats. Walking in walls, or other surfaces is just a vectors problem ( I have become an expert in vectors due to the asset xd).

Thanks for your comment men and I would really like to have god speed (or flash's speed at least).

pixelsteam likes this.
  47. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been working all the week in the update, I am really focused in finishing version 2.3.5. I have been improving all the vehicles system.

Now, I am finishing to check the gravity control in them, adding to the gravity triggers in the demo scene (green arrows and the other transparent cube) the detection of the vehicles, so the gravity triggers work on them too just like with the player.

But I want to ask you one thing.

I thought about add the hovercraft for 2.3.5, it would really cool, since is another type of vehicle, which uses physics like the car of the motorbike but using other type of forces instead wheel colliders.

In this way, 3 type of vehicles could be a solid group of new controllers in the asset, but it could take me another couple of days minimum to finish, plus the time to finish the current update.

Another option could be to upload little updates containing parts of the version 2.4. One could be the weapons system, another the hovercraft. and so until finishing the whole list of 2.4.

So, what do you prefer? big updates at once, or little updates with a couple of new features?

Regards.

48. hopeful

hopeful

My view is ... whatever works best for you. :)

TymNetwork and sr388 like this.
  49. sr388

sr388

Ok, for now I will focus in finishing the update, and according to the time that every new feature takes, I will upload different parts from version 2.4 list.

Regards.

hopeful likes this.
  50. TymNetwork

TymNetwork

is there an update?