Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.7%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.2%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.5%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. eaque

eaque

btw, i have this in the console when i getON...:)
    upload_2023-1-16_22-26-37.png

2. sr388

sr388

Sounds like you want to make some kind of cargo system to put vehicles inside others, right?

In that case, you would need to put it as kinematic, and probably parent the small vehicle inside the main vehicle or some of its transform childs.

Enable apply sync transform, as that is used to make parented objects to follow others.

A cargo system is planned in GKC, once the player is fully able to move inside vehicles, which is in process right now (will show some progress on that soon).

Regards.

EN_Games and eaque like this.
  3. sr388

sr388

I think that is the mesh collider option on the mesh colliders of your vehicle or similar, it is not something from GKC, seems a message from colliders or rigidbody settings, but haven't seen that before. A google search should show more info about that.

Let me know your results.

Regards.

eaque likes this.
  4. eaque

eaque

No, but i Love your idea:p !!
    Actually it's the same thing, the interior meshes are already a gameobject parented to a main gobj...I might try to play with the hierarchy as you suggest...

So "auto sync transform"! i get it. I'm gonna try today and keep you informed.

As usual, many thanks for your amazing support.

sr388 likes this.
  5. eaque

eaque

i like that!, do you think it could be somewhere this year? Take your time i'm not in a rush, just to know...

sr388 likes this.
  6. sr388

sr388

What I mean is parent the whole small vehicle object inside the cargo transform, that and being kinematic (and maybe pause its main vehicle controller script, to avoid its physics forces from being updated), would be the way to handle that, though I haven't had the chance to try that yet.

I would like to get the initial system for that on this current update, and apply some improvements on the next one.

The current update should be ready this month.

Regards.

eaque likes this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I improved a couple of elements on the option to set a limit for the amount of weapons equipped at the same time, either melee or fire (in this example, the max is 4):

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  8. eaque

eaque

Tried that, i guess...lol, but don't seem to find a solution... doesn't matter cause:

This month! i can wait that long...I mean till next update, or the one after... ;) to get my character move into his ship!
    Many thanks
    Cheers

sr388 likes this.
  9. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here the new option button on the inventory to assign directly an object in the first free quick access slot directly without need to drag it there, like consumables or objects to be used on scene, like keys, usb to hack and similar stuff:

Happy to hear that :D

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  10. eaque

eaque

HI,
    Playing with your amazing gravity system and using space graphic toolkit i found easy to take my player on a planet and simulating its gravity!! fantastic!
    When in fly mode my player enters a trigger around the planet and then rotates to set the new gravity!

the only thing is i can't get that to work in a vehicle... When it enters the trigger its goes straight forward at high speed...

I'm using this, is there something to set on the vehicle? sorry if i am not clear...thanks
    upload_2023-1-22_21-58-28.png

jeremiasz and sr388 like this.
  11. sr388

sr388

Glad to hear that, always love when the gravity mechanics on the asset are used :D

Could be possible that you share some video of that action? It would be interesting to see it haha.

About your question, not 100% sure what you mean, are you using the set gravity trigger? By default, that activates the vehicle gravity system to search for a new direction, but can't remember if there is an option to adjust directly their new gravity direction or they enter into the "search" gravity direction by the first surface.

Is that the situation you mean? I will check that setting to see if that option is implemented and if not, to add it.

Regards.

12. eaque

eaque

with pleasure! give me the time to integrate SGT to my project! i will show the same character diving down to earth with her jetpack!! gonna be awesome thanks to your gravity system and sgt!!

Yes, the one on the green small planet prefab of gkc with the center point... thanks in advance, so close to get my ship on any planet i want!!!! :)
    upload_2023-1-23_21-15-19.png

sr388 likes this.
  13. sr388

sr388

Much appreciated to hear that, can't wait :D

And about the gravity system on vehicles, I checked that and yes, it activates the search new gravity direction with that trigger system.

I improved that with a couple of extra options to rotate the vehicle directly to the surface and use its gravity center point of that planet as the new gravity direction.

It needed a few code lines on a few scripts, so it will be better to use the new version of GKC once ready, which I would like to have ready this month.

If you are using 3.4, it would be a matter of replacing the Scripts folder and nothing else would be needed. But of course, and like any other projects, it is extremely important to make backups first haha. Just in case.

Regards.

14. eaque

eaque

Thank you real much, it will be my pleasure! con placer!!
    OMG!! i'm like a kid! of course i'll wait, many thanks!:)

sr388 likes this.
  15. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added an option on the general drive/rider system to set a custom gravity direction on the player, so if the vehicle uses gravity manipulation or is a space ship, the player can get off with a new gravity direction:

Here the rider system is looking directly toward the up direction, so the player uses that as new gravity direction on get off.

Also, it was added on the general drive/rider system to use the enter/exit action system, so it allows to use animations to get on/off from external vehicle/animal controllers configured through it (here is the default "clean" prefab):

Regards.

16. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I think I didn't posted this video yet, so here a summary of the new content of the recent version 3.4:

Here a quick and awkward video of the oxygen demo scene, where I added an enemy to slice with the plasma cutter, as I am very hyped for the remake of dead space:

Regards.

hopeful, Unleaded-Games and EN_Games like this.
  17. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have improved the crafting system for the placement of objects, by configuring a new player mode to place any object from the inventory on the scene, with buttons to select between next and previous:

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  18. eaque

eaque

Hi, Here is the little video i promised, showing the gravity triggered by entering in the atmosphere of a SGT planet!!
    To me it's like magic!! A whole planet becomes available thanks to GKC!! Hope you enjoy, notice how the character rotates once entered the trigger.
    Can't wait to get my ship rotation the same!:p
    Cheers

jeremiasz and sr388 like this.
  19. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been improving the order system on the AI, now it is much more customizable and easy to extend to add new types of commands, either by code or using the customization options:

Any suggestions for new orders to make?

Here you can see the new inspector (the AI has also info on its side to set further options on each type of order):

@eaque looking very good, love to see when gravity mechanics of the asset are used on a project :D

Can't wait to see more.

Regards.

20. eaque

eaque

Can AI grab things?:p

sr388 likes this.
  21. sr388

sr388

Haha, actually, yes, they can grab objects, as they have the same grab object component than the player (used for the melee system for example).

The only part needed would be to extend its brain behavior to set the logic to tell "hey, you need to grab that object there and drop it here".

I have been thinking some example for that kind of mechanic and how it would work, either automatically when the AI reaches that object through trigger or event, or give the order to the AI manually.

Any example of this action on AI for some interesting game or puzzle mechanic?

I want to keep extending the AI and have some demo example of an AI similar to eli from bioshock infinite, ellie from the last of us, ashley/sheva from resident evil 4/5 and more, where the game has always an AI with the player to help in each part, either combat and puzzles or level elements.

More suggestion for this and other actions/orders on the AI for puzzle solving elements?

Regards.

22. eaque

eaque

in my own simple system , i chose to trigger the action by reaching a point. To me, it would be easy to manage that action thru the object. So that with an other (optional) component the same object could, by trigger, tell the ai to grab and where to drop. we could set at runtime those drop points with some "zone receiver element"...Hope i'm clear...lol

my main mechanic would be to have a team. Some could work, or simply carry things for us...Like a robot would do...
    Extended, it would open to "workers abilities". Ai could build things for us or simply do their own things in a very lively way....Openworld ideas of course...

They would drop things in a zone and the zone would become a building or a farm....i dont know...

WIll think of that..
    Cheers

sr388 likes this.
  23. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here more examples of the improved order system, where you can make the AI to shape shift to any new model, and attack any enemy on that state:

And an example to borrow weapons from them, and they will change to their next weapon or change to other attack mode:

As the rest, nothing is hardcoded on this, is an extended behavior for any type of order.

Regards.

eaque and EN_Games like this.
  24. sr388

sr388

Allow me to reply properly tomorrow, as I am going to get some sleep ;)

Regards.

eaque likes this.
  25. sr388

sr388

I see, yes, I was thinking in having specific places on scene where objects to carry and place are configured for the AI, so when they enter on it, they can locate the objec to grab and get the location to drop or place it, with some custom script for that behavior/task for the AI, with values to set if the task is already in process or not (to avoid more than 1 AI to do the same thing which is already in process) and complete state, with options to pause/resume, in case for example the AI has to attack detected targets.

I want to also add the grab and throw action on the AI as a way to attack other AI, with more extended behavior for attack mode, very probably as an extend custom ability on its ability AI brain (which is already implemented).

So yeah, I think these 2 will be a good example of this kind of usage and will be easy to adapt for more puzzle behaviors to help the player, like just activate devices, unlock doors or use objects automatically by them.

Regards.

eaque likes this.
  26. eaque

eaque

What else to say! long life to GKC:)

I wanna dive into the energy station and extraction zone...
    I don't find anything in the doc....And from the prefs i see we can do a LOT but not easy...and i like that.

I want to simply start with your battery distributor and use an energy station to put the battery in.
    Could you sum up how to connect the energy station to anything....??

I would like to create batteries from an extraction zone, where do we put things in the machine? Only puting them close to it is enough?
    Many thanks

27. sr388

sr388

There is no a doc for the crafting yet, but I will make a video about it, to show more about the extraction and the energy.

It is similar to scrap mechanic, you can enter in the crafting placement mode on the crafting menu (I added a new mode on the player to activate that state directly, which allows to select and toggle between your inventory objects to place them on scene or take them back to the inventory).

Once in placement mode, you can use the right and left mouse to connect one station to another by clicking when locking to an stationa and clicking again while looking at the one to connect.

There are examples also for regular objects to be connected and trigger events, like a lamp light or an elevator to get energy from that.

Batteries are just physical objects to grab with a component to be used on the object to place system. You can see the actual batteries and the batteries placement example (it can be used to place any type of physical object into another and trigger events from it, so it is very modular and allows to make a lot of different logics with just the settings on it).

On extraction zones, you can place on their range settings the zone materials prefabs, which you can set what list of objects are stored on those zones to extract, it is very straight forward.

I recommend to check the crafting demo scene, as I configured a lot of examples there to check.

Let me know your results, no rush.

Regards.

eaque likes this.
  28. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Hi everyone.

Here another example of borrowing fire weapons from AI with the option to actually throw them (there is also a parable option to throw it with the exact force to reach the player position):

Regards.

eaque and EN_Games like this.
  29. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I configured an example of inventory objects to be equipped to enable the map system and the compass, so you can have them disabled from the start and allow to activate them by equipping or not these objects:

Regards.

blacksun666, EN_Games and eaque like this.
  30. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an example of gravity rotation platform, which allows to change the player's gravity direction easily:

I want to make a new showcase video of games/projects made with GKC, so please, anyone who wants to send me a video of his project, would be very appreciated and will help to make an amazing video. This is the last one made the last year:

Regards.

eaque, EN_Games and blacksun666 like this.
  31. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added an option on the slide rail system to reverse the movement direction by axis input, as that wasn't available on its initial version:

Regards.

hopeful, eaque and EN_Games like this.
  32. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the new action which allows to directly refill vehicle gas tank through either input key (z by default) or through the vehicle interface system:

Here a tutorial example to show the integration with Simple Bicycle Physics by Andeerock on discord:

Regards.

33. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added a tool for the UI management to locate easily the default UI elements active on the hud and allow to disable/enable them from a single place without need to go into the component which handles it or directly select it on the hierarchy.

it can be configured with any object, so it can be configured manually. It works similar to the recent select object manager but considering its main usage for UI elements:

Btw, a beta for the upcoming update is ready, so any user who has the asset and wants to try it, send me a PM here ;)

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  34. neoshaman

neoshaman

HI I'm bit late, but for the AI command, you should consider having a CONTEXT based system, that is like point and click, such as you would just point ... and click to give command to Ally AI bots.

Also Congratz on the progress, every time I come here I think it will be the time I will use GKC, but turns out what I have to do isn't finished yet, damn that hofstader law and the first 95% of a project. I learned my lesson though lol.

sr388 likes this.
  35. sr388

sr388

Yes, that kind of command for the AI is planned, including RTS elements and mechanics of that type.

I want to take ideas from totally accurate battle simulator too, including to take control of any unit at any moment or return to aerial view.

And thanks for the kind words, it is very appreciated to hear that and hope you can start to work on the project with GKC asap and your current one goes well :D

Regards.

EN_Games and neoshaman like this.
  36. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have configured an example of surfaces on scene which can activate the slice on objects detected, so they can act as traps or surfaces to kill enemies, similar to the Callisto protocol:

Here a test with slice surfaces on scene just pushing objects toward the slice:

Regards.

EN_Games and hopeful like this.
  37. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here some initial testing on allowing the player to move and walk inside another rigidbody with physics, like a vehicle driving through waypoints (it stills in progress):

Regards.

jeremiasz, eaque, blacksun666 and 3 others like this.
  38. hopeful

hopeful

I thought GKC already had the ability to run on moving platforms, from long ago. Is this different?

sr388 likes this.
  39. sr388

sr388

Yes, the character and objects can move on platforms which rotate or move, including waypoint platforms or elevators.

But those objects are moved using transform functions, instead of actual physics, so that is easy to handle.

But when the movement is based on physics, like the vehicles, it is more tricky to make other rigidbodies move above or inside them, as they need to get the velocity of the main object and add it to their own speed when moving or walking around on it.

So that is what I am working for the last element of this update, or at least, its initial structure for it. I added also sea/water vehicles with buoyancy, including a jet ski and boat examples, including movement by engine or using wind forces with sail.

That is why I also wanted to have the main structure of the improved movement inside rigidbodies, so the player can move inside the boat when not driving and keep applying physics to the boat.

Regards.

eaque, EN_Games and hopeful like this.
  40. neoshaman

neoshaman

Wait does that mean we can now do shadow of collosus and dragon dogma style of giant beast climbing?

hopeful and sr388 like this.
  41. sr388

sr388

Haha, not yet, but it is something I would like to try in the future. There is a kind of climb system similar to that on the store, which could be interesting to integrate in the future.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/physics/fur-climbing-system-239331#description

But of course, I would like to learn more about how this type of system work and its logic behind. So yeah, 4.0 phase of GKC will bring interesting mechanics and new genres to experiement.

Regards.

42. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I finally moved the map UI elements in a separated panel prefab, which allows to handle the full UI hud of the map menu and mini map/compass separately from the player prefab:

This has been done in a few menus already and the rest will follow the same improvement, allowing a more easy customization and even swap different styles or keep changes in between versions or projects

Regards.

eaque, EN_Games and hopeful like this.
  43. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I also configured an option which allows the character to enter on ragdoll state on the air if they stay on that state for enough time and with enough speed, similar to GTA V (all values are customizable):

Regards.

eaque, Unleaded-Games and EN_Games like this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of getting a blueprint of an object to craft by taking a picture of it:

It is basically the reward system triggered by remote events on the smartphone it self, through a raycast component, so it is very flexible and can be configured to trigger any type of events on objects when taking captures of them, like unlock a door or show hidden elements or anything in between. So nothing is hardcoded in that regard.

Regards.

45. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I had the chance to try a game in progress made by an user with GKC. I played it on steam deck and runs nicely, including the gamepad controls working out of the box :D

photo_2023-02-27_09-19-33.jpg
    I can't show the game for now, but wanted to share about it.

Also, the update 3.5 is almost done, just need to make the demo builds, creating a couple of captures and adding some new text on the asset description and ready to go!

Regards.

hopeful and EN_Games like this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

The update 3.5 has been sent to the asset store, so just a matter of a few hours to 1-2 days to be released on the asset store

I also wanted to share a big achievement on the asset, as a few days ago, GKC reached 400 reviews on the asset store since is started on 2015, which is madness!

Captura.PNG
    Thanks to all the people who has spend his time on rating/reviewing the asset, it really helps a lot. The next goal is reaching 500 haha, but of course, in the meantime, I will keep working hard on each new update.

Regards.

hopeful, AthrunVLokiz and EN_Games like this.
  47. hopeful

hopeful

I remember when this asset was first released in the store. Amazing developer work to stick with it like this! :)

sr388 likes this.
  48. sr388

sr388

It truly means a lot to hear that kind of comments and is pure fuel to keep motivated and working hard :D

It seems it was yesterday when I just found unity, started to play with rigidbodies and physics and turned my final degree project into a simple character controller with gravity features into what GKC is today.

And that was also in part for all the people who trusted on the asset on its early days which allowed me to jump directly on asset development and focus 100% on it.

It is for sure the best job I have had and I really want to keep doing it for as many more years as possible. I have lot of content and imrpovements planned and can't wait to work on all of it, starting now with the online multiplayer :)

Regards.

neoshaman and hopeful like this.
  49. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

The new update 3.5 is already live on the asset store (a little reminder to always make backups of your projects before anything else)

Also, there are new animations added on the examples of the action system and other movements, so I recommend to check the public repository of the asset to get the new animation package (more info on the doc, in the external files section).

Thanks for all the kind words, interest and support (especially to all the Patreon supporters) while working on this new update, it means a lot for me and really motivates to keep working more in the asset

Time to start with the new update finally, which will be focused on multiplayer online, full body awareness and VR integration along other elements.

Also, if you have already GKC 3.4 or 3.4.1, you can just overwrite the main Scripts folder of GKC if you want to keep any previous element on your project with GKC elements, but VERY IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP EITHER IF YOU OVERWRITE OR IMPORT THE ASSET DIRECTLY ;)

Regards.

50. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Inspired on the recent dead space remake, here an option of the recent update 3.5, which was slightly improved to allow to walk on zero gravity state, instead of flying directly so you can walk "magnetized" to the ground and adhere to it even on air and jump from the surface when walking:

Regards.