Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

29.9%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.1%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.1%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.7%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Pixonix

Pixonix

Out of curiosity, is it possible to have a character or player deflect projectiles back toward the enemy similar to star wars lightsabers blocking blaster fire? If so, how could this be done?
    upload_2021-10-3_19-14-20.png

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    sr388 likes this.
  2. sr388

sr388

Right now, the ability "Shield" allows to block projectiles fired from enemies and using a key to return the projectiles back to their owners (I think using the right or left mouse button).

I want to add also an option on melee weapons to do the same as lightsabers for block and return the projectiles back to enemies if the player is holding the block key, along playing the classic deflect animation on the lightsaber, as I want to add more mechanics and elements from fallen order ;)

Let me know any suggestion from this game (or any other), as I haven't had the chance to play it yet, but I want to do it to get more inspiration and ideas from it.

Regards.

ml785 likes this.
  3. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an option on the slide system to be used on any moment through input (by detecting if the player is running and uses the crouch action key by default) so instead of crouching, he will start to slide, in the same way as fixed slide zones, but with full control of the slide direction:

Regards.

4. chrisabranch

chrisabranch

Do you have a new release ETA for this update?

sr388 likes this.
  5. sr388

sr388

I need a few more days, just to finish the testing part, as I am not adding any new feature or system, I am mostly testing, fixing or tweaking stuff to make everything as polished and good as possible :)

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  6. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here more tests with different generic models, like animals, with examples of using the close combat system to trigger attacks on this mode:

Also, more testing with more generic models coming (including malbers), with examples of flying animals :)

Regards.

Kennth, StevenPicard, Mark_01 and 3 others like this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here also an example of the ragdoll on generic models, as I added a generic ragdoll builder like in player and AI, so they will be able to use ragdoll and enter-exit that state:

Here you can see the different colliders which form the ragdoll:

Regards.

ml785, MorpheusXI, EN_Games and 2 others like this.
  8. wohoyefe

wohoyefe

Hiiii everyone, small question please. I just downloaded and imported the game kit controller and got a bunch of errors mostly around a BezierSpline (see screenshot). Just wondering how to proceed here. Thank you :) Windows 10, Unity 2021.1.16f1

Attached Files:

9. sr388

sr388

Hi @wohoyefe.

First of all, thank you for your purchase of the asset, it is very appreciated :)

About the issue, seems like there are already a couple of scripts in your project which share names with a couple of scripts on GKC.

This will be solved with Namespaces, as I want to add that during the next update after the upcoming one which will be ready in a few days.

In the meantime, I can help you to fix that by adding a namespace in either of your previous scripts on your project or the current on GKC. I will send you a PM to take a better look. Also, sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards.

hopeful likes this.
  10. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added a generic model creator wizard tool, in order to make the system as easy to configure as possible. Here a view of this wizard:

Here an image of it:

Regards.

ml785, EN_Games and hopeful like this.
  11. Artini

Artini

Thank you very much for this excellent system.
    I am trying to create some custom actions using "Object To Grab Physically"
    like having a hammer in the hand and hammering the nails.
    Another example would be grabbing some objects and pressing some buttons on them.
    After running the creator, the hammer after picking it up appears in front of the character,
    but not in the hand.
    Could you please point me in the right direction about how to create
    such custom actions and have items located in the hand

sr388 likes this.
  12. sr388

sr388

Thanks to you for your kind words :)

In the grab physical object component (the one on the object to grab), you can set the option to use the IK hands, so it is carried on the body and the hands are placed on the object, or place the object directly on the right or left hand of the character, without IK.

And about the use of the action based on carrying a certain physical object is not yet configured out of the box, but it could be added as part of the condition system, as it is made to be extended easily to add new condition types, like what the character is carrying as physical object, allowing to activate actions or interactions through it, like using a reparing tool, like a hammer or a screwdiver.

Here you can see an example of the condition system for melee objects, like a torch to activate fire on some columns, to be used like a puzzle or just to illuminate some places (from a previous post https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...3-1a-melee-system.351456/page-91#post-7257368):

"Here another usage of the torch example, as I also added a main condition system and other classes can inherit from it, allowing to add easily more types of conditions checks for different elements, such as checking if the player carries certain objects on inventory and more."

"In this case, it checks if the player carries a certain melee weapon, a torch which is already lighted up or not, so he can interact with the action system to light up the pillar to open the door once he fits the requirements configured, having also regular interaction with fire in that pillar as well."

So I will add on the todo list to extend the condition system to the objects to carry physically, so actions like you mentioned can be configured easily ;)

Any other interesting example for this usage or other similar that would be useful to have? Suggestions are always very welcome.

Regards.

Kennth likes this.
  13. sr388

sr388

EDIT: @Artini I forgot to say, that maybe a way this could be achieved is using a melee weapon, as they are managed through the grab objects (melee weapons are managed in that way to be carried on the characters), and instead of using attacks, they would just activate the hammering action or just the use animation of the object on certain places.

Not sure if this way would be better, but it would be interesting to add a couple of additions on the main melee system for that purpose, so the player can grab "melee" weapons that would have a different usage than attack, just like with the fire weapons, which is used also to use tools, like the smarpthone, flashlight, gravity gun, etc.... which are managed through the weapon system but don't fire projectiles, but make a different and custom function through the behavior system of the main weapon system it self.

Let me know what you think.

Regards.

14. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here another example, riding a raccoon ala ant man style haha:

Regards.

ml785, hopeful and StevenPicard like this.
  15. Artini

Artini

Thanks a lot for the answers. I will try your suggestions.
    I would also need to pick up some objects from the table
    and just make some action, like hitting the table repeatedly,
    placing the objects in some machines and so on.

sr388 likes this.
  16. Artini

Artini

This riding on the animals are very well made - looking forward to it.

sr388 likes this.
  17. sr388

sr388

I see, cool. I put the previous elements on the todo list, to extend the condition system with physical objects carried, so they can activate certain interactions, as for example, the crafting system will be worked during the next update after this current one, so it will be useful to have this kind of elements too.

Much appreciated to hear that :)

The new update is almost ready, I am finishing some tests, polishing and minor stuff, so just a few more days to go.

Regards

18. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been adding a couple of elements to make the generic model system compatible with the slice system, anyone want some velociraptor burguer?

Regards.

19. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

More adjustments and tweaks for the final version, including some combat, reaction and wander animation elements on the animal AI examples from the beta.... clever girl:

1c0ad84015e5f25d6242d44c4edc3e8d.gif
    Btw, a new beta is ready, so any person who wants to try it, send me a PM here on the forum ;)
    The full version will be ready and sent to the asset store in a matter of days.

Regards.

MorpheusXI, Mark_01, Kennth and 4 others like this.
  20. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have improved the slide and teleport systems, now allowing to adhere and rotate to the ground normal when sliding, so you can make movements like this, and adding the same option as the grappling hook points with the teleport system:

This has been inspired by this game mechanics:

https://twitter.com/ENENRAGame/status/1437084835030437895?s=20

Regards.

MorpheusXI, Kennth, Mark_01 and 2 others like this.
  21. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a preview of the process to configure a new generic model with just a couple of clicks, the rest is mostly configuring the regular movement and jump animations:

Some parts will be even more automatic and fast ;)

Regards.

22. Mr_squiggle

Mr_squiggle

Hey I was wondering when you'll add in the difficulty options (how much enemies damage enemy's can do and possibly change the amount of spawns or options to spawn different enemies at a location according to difficult) Would that come after the version after this of game kit controller or happen later down the line?

Also is puppet master integration coming after this update?

sr388 likes this.
  23. sr388

sr388

You can customize already the damage made by enemies, according to their attack mode (powers, melee, close combat, fire weapons), you configure the damage of those attacks modes of their respective components (same process as the player, configuring the fire weapons damage, the melee weapons, its close combat system attacks list info and the other powers component, for the current power selected.

In that regard works the same for both AI and player, since both use the same components, which makes everything easier to manage, improve and extend, having the elements of one on the other at any moment.

About the difficulty, yes, I want to add options to configure some type of level for enemies, so that value affects to their states in general for the damage multiplier, health amount, attack rate, speed, etc... that will be worked during next updates, as the general AI behavior is going to be extended and improved, to be easier to customize and extend too, for new types of attacks and decisions for the AI.

About the spawn, there is a component called spawn object which has multitude of options and can be used to spawn any type of object, either using a single or multiple objects, inside a radius or a fixed position, with options to being placed by raycast or randomly, etc... it is easy to use, let me know if you try that, just attach it to an empty object and configure as you want.

I have planned to make some wave AI demo scene, to spawn different waves of enemies, in order to survive and complete each one until the end or dying, to retry haha.

About puppet master, the integration was almost complete since some time ago, but didn't have the chance to finish it. I want to get it ready asap during the next update, after upcoming one, which should ready in a few more days ;)

Regards.

MorpheusXI likes this.
  24. Mr_squiggle

Mr_squiggle

Thank you :)

sr388 likes this.
  25. startfromzero

startfromzero

hello,two cubes.I find that it is very slow if I put lots of enemies such as 20 enemy weapon AIs in one scene.How can I place lots of enemies in the scene like zombies game without too slowly?

26. sr388

sr388

I have been working on performance improvements on the AI, as the objective is to allow to place the highest number possible on scene without problem.

I want to make more improvements on this regard, as I think the cause is related to the animator update function, to set the parameter values on the animator system of unity. I am going to make more of these tests during the new update, which will be started in a few days, right after finishing the upcoming update (which will contain all shown so far in previous videos and post).

For now, I recommend to limit the number of AI on scene, as you can use elements like LOD to enable/disable the AI on scene when not visible or far enough from player's view.

Also, the default fire weapons are made of many primitives on unity (cubes, cylinders and spheres) each one with different materials, so I recommend to create new fire weapons with your meshes for it, which will be more optimized for the scene, so you can equip the characters with those new weapons.

Also, for this update, I have integrated the asset Universal AI System, so more options to use other AI are available, including emerald AI and honor AI and other AI assets will be integrated soon, including A* pathfinding to calculate the navigation of the AI.

Regards.

ml785 likes this.
  27. startfromzero

startfromzero

thank you for good advice,I will try.

I am happy to hear that there will be more options to use other AI.Need I buy these AI assets first in unity assets store to prepare for what's next?

sr388 likes this.
  28. sr388

sr388

Cool, looking forward for your results with the AI. I will show the progress and improvements on its amount on scene during the next update, as soon as there are new results on it ;)

About AI, that depends of the one you prefer and if you want to wait for its release or check the option that you prefer.

Here a preview of the integration with Universal AI System done and ready, which is included for the upcoming update:

Suggestions for more AI integrations with GKC are very welcome, so don't hesitate to tell me about it, as the process is now much simpler and faster to add new types of AI assets with it ;)

Regards.

ml785 likes this.
  29. startfromzero

startfromzero

upload_2021-10-24_16-11-6.png
    hello,two cubes.I find that enemy's melee weapon in wrong place,but I don't know where to fix it.I only know how to fix the fire weapon.

30. sr388

sr388

I have been working on an improvement for how the characters carry objects on its skeleton, like hands for fire and melee weapons, having a mount point system now. So the adjustment of melee and fire weapons will be much faster and easier now, having to modify just the general mount point of right and left hand once:

Here more info of the body mount point system, as it allows to configure any list of parts that are placed in a character (AI or player) and manage them easily, as they are also moved from the current model to the new one when a new model is applied:

This is also used by melee and fire weapons, as they are placed inside these mount points now instead of the bones directly, reducing the extra adjustments needed to use these elements in new characters, having all in the proper position out of the box.

You can see how is configured for any body part, containing any amount of objects to move, including the mount point for any needed bone.

This will be available for the upcoming update.

In the meantime, there is a tool to adjust the melee weapons on the character's hand:

The object on the video is now called melee weapon system, the workflow is the same, just object which contains it is called that way now. Let me know if you try this ;)

Regards.

Razmot and ml785 like this.
  31. startfromzero

startfromzero

thanks a lot.I really need it.look forward to it!

ml785 and sr388 like this.
  32. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here another example of riding an animal, this time, using the powerful deer to attack some poor enemy:

Regards.

StevenPicard and EN_Games like this.
  33. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Closer to have all the elements tested and polished for the final update, just need to configure a few more animal examples (including a flying dragon) to shape shift or to ride as well.

In the meantime, here a test to turn AI into any generic model in runtime through abilities/spells/magic, like a frog, disabling also its attack mode and make them harmless:

Regards.

Kennth, hopeful and StevenPicard like this.
  34. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have done the ride integration with malbers animal controller system from Malbers Animations, which will work on any of its animals packages, it will work with horse anim pro too, so all of his animals which have a character controller configured on them will be able to use it, with all the elements from malbers animals configured on them, attacks, throw fire, etc...

I have finished the initial testing with this general integration for it. This new ride system can be used on vehicle controllers from the asset store too, so it can be used on any of this type of assets easily, taking just a couple of minutes to set up:

Regards.

35. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Lot of work done and more testing, including some more animal integration tests (more about it tomorrow).

Also, I added options for how vehicles react when entering in water where player can swim/dive, similar to some GTA games, where vehicle interaction is disabled or even explode, along with physics forces for the vehicle underwater:

Regards.

StevenPicard and EN_Games like this.
  36. startfromzero

startfromzero

good work for two cubes you.I come to here for background-music system.When will this system be added so I can put my nice music in game.It can significantly improve the player's experience.

sr388 likes this.
  37. hopeful

hopeful

Just so you know, background music is easy enough to do that it doesn't have to be integrated into the character controller. You set up a game object with audio, put it on loop, and trigger it on/off however you want. You can turn these on/off based on events using Unity's events, if you like.

You can look it up in the Unity docs for how to do it, there's tutorials on the internet that you can google, and there's free plugins in the asset store that can help you get started immediately.

Here's one in the store that might work for you: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/audio/music/music-starter-kit-63054

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    sr388 and startfromzero like this.
  38. startfromzero

startfromzero

thanks your advice.I just want to know if two cube will do it.if not,I will do it by myself.
    And I need some event from GKC to trigger different background music once entering combat mode or exit.

sr388 likes this.
  39. sr388

sr388

I want to add some simple manager for the audio, so according to the zone of the game or the player state (when he fights some enemies for example) or other conditions, it will have events and other stuff to trigger, including music or any other function.

That will allow to be combined with some main music manager, like the one suggested by @hopeful, so they can work together easily.

Regards.

Kennth, hopeful and EN_Games like this.
  40. startfromzero

startfromzero

Good.So when are these managers for the audio going to be added to GKC.If it is added soon,I just wait.If not,I'll have to make my own for now.

41. sr388

sr388

Not 100% sure of the exact update or date, but it will be on one of the remain versions of 3.0, which will have 4 more updates (including the upcoming one) before moving to 4.0.

Regards.

Kennth likes this.
  42. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I wish you a great and spooky Halloween day, are you going to get some costume? What would be a halloween without some skeleton exploding here and there?

Regards.

runealdoo, Mark_01, Kennth and 3 others like this.
  43. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a test with birds to ride, through the general ride system and using malbers birds as example for it:

I also added options for the vehicles reaction on water to swim, so the player can get on and off from vehicles while on water (destruction of vehicles on water can be disabled), so the player can dive to get a vehicle out of water by driving it out.

Regards.

44. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Nice day of work and progress. Edy's Vehicle Physics replied to my email for the integration with GKC, and I did the testing for the general ride system today, here you can see the result, and it takes just a couple of minutes to adjust the ride system to any external vehicle controller:

Regards.

EN_Games, hopeful, Mark_01 and 2 others like this.
  45. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Hopefully you continue to work on your built-in vehicle controller since I think it has a lot of flexibility and potential.

sr388, Mark_01 and Kennth like this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Of course, the integration of any asset or general system doesn't mean those systems on GKC won't be touched anymore, totally the opposite, each one keeps getting improved more and more on each update. So don't worry, there are many improvements planned for the vehicle system and the rest of elements ;)

Regards.

StevenPicard and runealdoo like this.
  47. startfromzero

startfromzero

the camera gets too close when player aim.how can I adjust it?

48. sr388

sr388

You can customize each camera state on the player camera component, on the object of the same name. You can see more about it here:

The default aim view is called Aim Right on the list of camera states, so you can adjust the values there. You can find the default camera states used on different situations of the player on that same place, here:

upload_2021-11-6_7-11-56.png

Regards.

49. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I configured prefab examples to make a simple vendor through dialogue and allow to trigger events by giving inventory objects through the dialogue too like getting a reward of money by giving a wizard a special key from your inventory:

To use this, I added an option on the dialogue system which allows to configure conditions to trigger one dialogue line or another based on the result of that condition check system, so this is all modular and independent:

Regards.

Mark_01, Kennth and EN_Games like this.
  50. startfromzero

startfromzero

thanks a lot

sr388 likes this.