Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.7%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.2%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.5%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

No problem, and always glad to help :) Looking forward for your results.

Hi. You can either disable the elements on their respective components, as each component has a main option to disable the whole system in case you don't want to use it or parts of it.

Other way is to set the initial settings on the main list of configurations which has the main systems and options on a single place when creating a new character:

Same process for the AI, as all characters use the same components to work:

Let me know if you have any further question or you need more specific info about disabling a list of elements, as I can help you further with it.

Regards.

2. hopeful

hopeful

Excellent! :D

sr388 likes this.
  3. startfromzero

startfromzero

Thanks a lot for your quick answer,I don't have question for now.

sr388 likes this.
  4. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Good day of progress, I have also tried a new movement to add more dynamic actions on the player, this time, to slide on slopes with a certain inclination, allowing to move left and right, speed up or slow down the movement and jump:

Regards.

5. hopeful

hopeful

Cool ... that looks like it could be adapted for skiing and sledding.

CrypticColza1971, Kennth and sr388 like this.
  6. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

As some users asked if it was possible, here an example to trigger a certain action using a combination of keys input, for example, to activate an ability:

In this case, you can set any action to call, including other abilities, and use options to check if the keys are pressed in order and using a max delay to check for the second or third press (the console shows the keys pressed).

Haha, yeah, I have added an option to activate the slide by input at any moment, by default when the player runs and press the crouch action key, it will enter on this slide mode. More options will be added to customize it further ;)

Regards.

7. startfromzero

startfromzero

Hello two cubes,
    I find a question.enemy's capsule collider on 'AI Player Controller' work not properly when enemy tumble.enemy's body out of capsule collider's range when enemy have a fall.

8. sr388

sr388

Hi @startfromzero. Do you mean that on certain situations, the player or/and AI is crossing the ground or something else?

9. sr388

sr388

If you mean that, here:

You need to import this animation package from the public repository of the asset
    https://github.com/sr3888/GKC-Public-Repository

It is better explained in the doc, it is a group of animations used on the action system examples and the melee combat, just as placeholder, so you can replace them at any moment

Any animation will work, and these will be assigned automatically once you import the package, just need to import, close and open unity, and voila, all configured by it self.

You can use this alternative link for the animations package if you prefer:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HhaN_cjfO5UwmisVqXUI0KuG9mcIyoJf/view?usp=sharing (link for new package for 3.03-1A)

Let me know if you try that @startfromzero no rush.

Regards.

Kennth likes this.
  10. startfromzero

startfromzero

I don't mean that.
    Just look at this picture.The capsule collider contains this enemy's body.So Player can shoot it.

upload_2021-9-18_9-16-21.png
    But in next situation where enemy has a fall dwon with rigdoll system.The enemy's head is out of capsule collider's range,which make Player can‘t shoot and hit the head part.
    upload_2021-9-18_9-27-53.png
    So how can I solve this problem?

11. sr388

sr388

In that state, the AI is on ragdoll state and it has colliders configured on each body part, which will detect and received damage, such as the head. The ragdoll is configured automatically when a new character is created.

Check the head bone of that AI and make sure it has a sphere collider on it and which its radius covers the head when active.

Regards.

Kennth likes this.
  12. startfromzero

startfromzero

ok,thanks! I will try and verify it later.

sr388 likes this.
  13. sr388

sr388

Sorry for the times in between replies, I was falling asleep on the keyboard and after the last message, I went to sleep a little more haha.

Here, you can see how the ragdoll of the character looks:

upload_2021-9-18_10-11-4.png

It is made automatically when you create a new AI or player, so even in ragdoll state, projectiles and any other source of damage will detect these colliders and apply damage to the character.

The ragdoll is configured on the bones of the skeleton, detecting limbs and body parts and setting colliders, joints and rigidbodies connecting them for the ragdoll it self.

You can also adjust the size of any of these colliders in case some of them is too big or too small with respect your model.

Let me know your results with it, no rush. Like always, in case you need some further help or check, I can make a remote session with you ;)

Regards.

14. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

here a cool test with the slide system and some additions, like events to activate dust particles, speed settings to move faster or slower on certain surfaces and more, along using wall running, paraglider and other stuff:

Regards.

EN_Games and Kennth like this.
  15. startfromzero

startfromzero

haha.You should go to bed early and have a good dream rather than read my reply.It is not a matter of urgency.

I have checked the ragdoll colliders on AI's body.Then I found some of colliders are not setted right.
    upload_2021-9-18_22-21-1.png
    upload_2021-9-18_22-21-27.png
    I have tried to remove and then build ragdoll again,but the colliders which are created automatically are not right,too.
    upload_2021-9-18_22-33-33.png
    Should I adjust these manually?

16. sr388

sr388

Haha, always happy to reply as fast as possible on any message, I am powered by coffee, so being awaken allows to get some more fuel xd.

Yes, sometimes, according to the proportions, shape and size of the model, scale and skeleton, some collider of the ragdoll may need some adjustments for its placement or size, so yeah, adjust any of them which need to in order to make sure that the physics interact with it properly and doesn't start to make awkward stuff once activated haha.

Once that is configured, it should behave properly, detection both collisions and damage detection from any source, like fire guns, melee, explosions, etc...

Looking forward for your results.

Regards.

17. startfromzero

startfromzero

I think I find the core of the problem.

I find that colliders on each body part of AI will automatically enable when AI hitted on the weak point by player fall down and enter ragdoll state.the main collider on gameobject called "AI Player Controller" automatically disable at the same time.

And colliders on each body part of AI will automatically disable when AI leave ragdoll state and start to get up.
    the main collider on gameobject called "AI Player Controller" automatically enable at this time.

Just like this picture.AI just begin to get up at this time.Colliders configured on each body part are disabled and main collider is enabled.So it can't hit if player shoot AI's head which is out of main collider's range.
    upload_2021-9-18_23-57-31.png

18. sr388

sr388

Right now, it works on that way, because when a character is getting up from ragdoll state, the colliders of the ragdoll are disabled and in the same frame the main collider is activated.

Also, those colliders would also interact with the ground and other surfaces when getting up if left active.

I will think the best way to have active the accurate body damage detection on the short space of time of transition from ragdoll state to animation state when they get up.

Regards.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  19. startfromzero

startfromzero

Sorry for the times in between replies, just like you,I was falling asleep after the last message.But where I slept is a bed instead of a keyboard,haha.

This issue slightly affects the player's shooting experience.I look forward to see it being resolved in a future update.
    At last,thank you for all the answers and help.I am going back to develope game with GKC.

20. sr388

sr388

By default, the AI used to enter in ragdoll mode when dead, on explosions or when damaged with a high amount (all configured on the health component).

So you can adjust the situation when the AI will enter on ragdoll state when not dead. Let me know if you try that or have any further doubt about it. I have on the todo list to allow accurate damage detection during the transition of getting up after entering on ragdoll state.

Regards.

21. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

More progress on the generic models, it is very close to be complete, as I have been improving the ride system and the animals used for it will be able to perform same actions as the other characters and player, from attacks, to damage reactions, to use the action system, and anything in between:

Also, here a trigger example which allows to activate/deactivate in runtime the shapeshifting ability of any character:

Regards.

StevenPicard and EN_Games like this.
  22. startfromzero

startfromzero

ok.I set the player's pistol damage to 4.AI's head is setted as weakpoint with a damage multiplier of 2.AI's "min damage to enable ragdoll" setted to 8.So if player shoot AI's head,AI will tumble and enter in ragdoll mode.

Do you mean that I should reduce the probability of the AI getting into this state.But I wanna the AI has some reactions when his weak spots hitted.

One more question.I have some good music.But I do not know how to set them in game as background music.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    sr388 likes this.
  23. sr388

sr388

Hi, sorry for the time to reply, I didn't the chance until now.

upload_2021-9-20_10-48-54.png

Here is the setting that allows to activate the ragdoll state on any character through its health component if they receive enough damage at once, maybe this is being activating on your AI.

For activating a reaction on the AI when damaging a certain body part, you can use the weak spot list event options to call to the action system of the AI, like this:

upload_2021-9-20_10-53-27.png

Here an example of the action system triggered by the health component in a similar way to resident evil 4, so when the AI has reached a certain amount of health, it activates an event, in this case, a custom action trigger configured on it, so the player can activate a kick action, and with it, another action for the AI to react to that kick. In this case, the trigger of the action to be used by the player is activated 2 times, one at 50 or lower health and another at 10 or lower:

Let me know if you try any of this or have any doubt about it ;)

About music, there is a radio system, which can be used on vehicles, as a device to interact or in the smartphone, to play music from a list of files. You can see it here:

But there is no a background music system it self, though I want to add one, with dynamic music which changes, loops and fades according to the state of the game and other elements on it, including if the player is fighting some enemy, boss or similar.

Regards.

24. startfromzero

startfromzero

Thanks,I have understood what you say and I will try it.The example of the action system triggered by the health component looks nice.Look forward to your background music system.

sr388 likes this.
  25. sr388

sr388

Good news everyone!

The beta of the new update 3.03-2 is ready, so any person who has the asset and wants to give a try, send me a PM for it. It includes all shown so far, along the generic model wizard creator, support of generic models, new riding system, slide movement, swim and more improvements.

Here another example, riding a raccoon ala ant man style haha:

Regards.

Polite_Orc, Kennth, Mark_01 and 3 others like this.
  26. startfromzero

startfromzero

Hi,two cubes.I find that if I keep aiming with a p-35 in thrid person mode and reload at the same time.After reload is complete,even though I releases the aiming,player is keeping aiming.

The enemy is slow to react,The player walks in front of them and they don't react immediately.Enemies lose the player target when they come back to standing from the doll state.

How can I let enemies enter attack mode immediately to fight player once they are born.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  27. sr388

sr388

Yes, for the weapons, it is made on that way on purpose. I have planned to add an option, so the system detects if during the reload, if you release the aim button, once the reload is finished, the player won't remain on aim mode.

About the AI, it is maybe for the range of view, as by default, they see about 180 degrees in front of them, but you can adjust this range vision to full 360 if you prefer or anything in between.

The AI can also here sounds, like footsteps or firing weapons, they have this option disabled, but you can adjust it too.

Also, there is a field to set the time to check a possible threat before attacking, as this thread check has a trigger bigger than the default sphere range trigger, so you can adjust these triggers to be as bigger or smaller as you prefer, along the check threat delay.

All these settings are located on find objectives system component, on the AI it self:

upload_2021-9-21_13-41-9.png

And the trigger, on AI elements parent, inside the AI object:

upload_2021-9-21_13-40-39.png

It is better explained in the doc, let me know if you try these elements, no rush ;)

Regards.

Kennth likes this.
  28. CrypticColza1971

CrypticColza1971

great work with all the recent upgrades, i particularly love the sliding effect and as commented by another user it would be really great to have some skiing/snowboarding/sleigh animation integration, and as always, I am very much looking forward to any VR implementation in future updates, have taken a back seat with GKC this last year but so much of it would be super cool in VR even if its reduced function , the fluidity of the animations and the massive range movement and all configurable/scaleable does make GKC probably the best player control on Unity Asset Store, Massive Props to Santi!.

sr388 likes this.
  29. runealdoo

runealdoo

Are the wave system in the next update?

sr388 likes this.
  30. Kennth

Kennth

Just reminder, still waiting on "
    Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout) "
    More users want this I think

upload_2021-9-22_9-13-22.png

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    sr388 likes this.
  31. sr388

sr388

Much appreciated to hear that, it means a lot for me to hear that kind of feedback and yeah, I have been working on many improvements for movement, control felling and smoothness of the character controller, to make it much better and more of these movements and actions are very planned, including cover system, parkour, more traversal actions and much more :D

And yes, I want to return to the test with VR for the next update, as I made some initial testing and checks to structure how the VR system works and how an integration with it would work.

I want to work on it asap, in the meantime, the spawn object system can be used, to spawn any type of object, including configuring a list of different elements at the same time, the same but multiple times, using a radius to spawn them in random positions, and more. So you can use the event trigger system component to activate these spawn points for example.

Now that generic model support has been added, I want to add more animal AI behaviors as well, and the spawn and wave system will be used to populate the scene as the user prefers, including to respawn dead characters after x time or certain conditions ;)

Yes, I have this poll very much into account as I want to take the results (since there are enough votes to see what people in general prefers) to organize the future elemens.

And in fact the armor/cloth system will be one of the first elements that I will work for the next update, as I am finishing the last testing and details of the current one.

I will have a changelog in a few days along some nice trailer for it :)

Here a preview in the meantime with the generic model system:

Regards.

wersw73, Mark_01, Kennth and 5 others like this.
  32. hopeful

hopeful

Ah, but can the little guy riding the raccoon fire his gun? :)

I think HAP allows you to fire weapons while riding, but I don't know how easy or difficult it would be to integrate that into GKC.

sr388 likes this.
  33. sr388

sr388

Yes, both elements are planned, allow the player to use weapons while riding animals or any other model and the integration with HAP ;)

Regards.

Kennth and hopeful like this.
  34. startfromzero

startfromzero

what is wave system?

35. FrostApps

FrostApps

Not working on Nintendo Switch

* G.K.C Version 3.03-1B
    * Unity 2020.1.0b8
    * Tested on Nintendo Switch SDK
    * Tested on Yuzu emulador

Even creating a new scene with just the character. The game simply crashes. I moved the materials to mobile and there are no errors in the editor.

Test yourself:
    * Create a new scene
    * Create a new character or use the "default"
    * Export: Create NSP ROM File
    * Run in console or emulator

36. sr388

sr388

To spawn elements, usually groups of enemies over different part of the scenes activated by trigger, distance, or certain situations.

Hi @DerikDF.

Replying here to your message too, as maybe the reply on gmail didn't arrive or some issue happened.

I haven't a switch kit to test the asset with it. I could make a remote session with you to take a better look.

What I would recommend is maybe creating a new project, import GKC on it and when the import window appears, in the bottom part, in the project settings section, uncheck everything but tag manager and input manager, as those are the settings needed for GKC to work, the rest is not needed and could be maybe the cause.

About the crash, the build on switch allows to generate some debug info of the process that happens on the game before closing? Maybe in the development mode on the build settings.

Maybe could be related to the input system, as not sure how that is managed 100% on switch, but maybe the new input system of unity can handle it properly, as right now, GKC uses the default input system of unity, but I want to add support for the new input system very soon, as I was waiting for it to be more production ready.

Didn't think about the emulator, it would be an interesting way of testing the elements of any asset for those developers (including me) who doesn't have a developer kit for this console.

Regards.

37. FrostApps

FrostApps

Hi, @sr388
    I know it's not easy to solve without a Kit. I just posted it here to see if there are other developers who are using it on Nintendo Switch that can help.

Other assets similar to yours are working perfectly.

I've made 2 games for Nintendo Switch and Xbox Series and several others for Mobile and PC. The problem is not with Unity elements or import configuration. More yes with some content of your asset.

But the problem happens when "Player And Game Management" is active in the scene.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  38. sr388

sr388

I see, very interesting info.

The asset doesn't use any special element from unity or some library or external element, it is all regular code.

The only elements that could be related is maybe some custom shader used as placeholder for different effects, maybe the tutorial videos library from unity, as for example that is not compatible with WebGL, so maybe some similar element is neither 100% compatible with swtich even being 100% from unity functions.

I think the best would be to make a remote session, and make some test with you, to see what could be the cause, and get it ready, to make sure the asset is 100% compatible with switch as well.

Let me know what you think, one of the objectives of the asset is to make sure it works on any platform, from PC, mobile, and consoles (so far, some users tested on Xbox one without problem, as I haven't any developer lit for consoles currently, though I have been thinking if would be possible to get one for switch as being an asset developer is very related to that kind of development).

Regards.

39. FrostApps

FrostApps

Excuse me!
    Hadn't seen that it has commands to create and read files and also "PlayerPrefs" to save and load progress (should this be optional?).

I've commented out all the lines and some functions for that purpose. Including commands to read audio files (Music and Radio scripts).

It is now working in the real Console and also in the Emulator.

Hope this helps!

hopeful and sr388 like this.
  40. sr388

sr388

Hi again @DerikDF.

Very happy to hear that :)

Can you tell me what scripts did you need to edit or comment in order to solve the issue? It would help to add checks for the platform where the system is being executed, to avoid the use of any part that shouldn't be used on that regard.

No rush. I am seeing your messages on gmail too, but not sure where you prefer about the replies haha.

Regards.

41. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here two different examples of how to slide in a very long surface:

By shooting at the spheres, the next slider is activated:

Regards.

Kennth, EN_Games and hopeful like this.
  42. Kennth

Kennth

Remind me of the James Bond movies, with the gun battles and chase scenes on
    ski's ... LOL .... so I guess the question would be would it be fairly easy to get, the enemies
    to do the slid down chase you as well ? maybe set traps for them on the way down? HAHA!

sr388 likes this.
  43. sr388

sr388

Haha, yeah, it reminds me about it, and I think yes, the AI would be able to do this, it would be a matter of configure the slide system on them like in the player and if the slide has navmesh calculated on them, they should be able to apply the movement on it towards their target, as player and AI use the same components, so anything added to one can be used on the other without problem (though some elements may require the brain logic on the AI in order to use it).

So yeah, I will put on the todo list to configure some example of the AI being able to slide just like the player :D

Regards.

Kennth and hopeful like this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an option to make a character to play an animation through the action system at the start of the game (or when a character/AI is spawned for example):

Also, a new option allows to set a direct transition to any animation on the action system, so the animation is played in the next frame, without smooth transition (crossfade), for elements like cutscenes, dialogues, etc....

Regards.

hopeful, Kennth and EN_Games like this.
  45. Mr_squiggle

Mr_squiggle

I read in the upcoming 3.03-2 roadmap that you were including Space combat kit. Does that mean you will be able to utilise the flying ai in that asset for game kit controller. And allowing them to drop items on kills through game kit controller and other functions with game kit controller etc etc.

sr388 likes this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Yes, you will be able to use the flying AI from that asset.

And about dropping objects on death or getting experience, absolutely, that can be done already, not only with the GKC characters, but with any other external AI or any object on general, as you can get rewards from missions, killing enemies, breaking objects, pickups, etc... as you can see on this tutorial videos, especially in the last part, which shows how to configure that on what would be external elements from the asset it self:

Let me know what you think and any further question or doubt about this or any other element ;)

Regards.

Kennth likes this.
  47. Mr_squiggle

Mr_squiggle

Cool thanks :)

sr388 likes this.
  48. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Quite a lot of progress today, I have almost finished all the parts of the generic model, I have added the close combat system on animals to ride too, the ragdolls are also usable on the generic models and more. Here a mix of different elements on animals to ride:

Also, I have been testing more animals, for both AI and player, here a sneak peak:

Sin título.png

Regards.

MorpheusXI, Razmot, Mark_01 and 3 others like this.
  49. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have done the ride integration with malbers animal controller system, which will work on any of its animals packages, it will work with horse anim pro too, so all of his animals which have a character controller configured on them will be able to use it, with all the elements from malbers animals configured on them, attacks, throw fire, etc...

I have finished the initial testing with this general integration for it. This new ride system can be used on vehicle controllers from the asset store too, so it can be used on any of this type of assets easily, taking just a couple of minutes to set up:

Regards.

MorpheusXI, Muppo, Razmot and 6 others like this.
  50. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a test that I made with a zombie AI spawning from the ground:

I want to add an attack on the zombie AI which can turn into zombies to other AI.

Regards.

MorpheusXI, hopeful and EN_Games like this.