Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

29.9%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.1%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.1%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.7%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here more progress on the support of generic models and riding animals through the vehicle system, I have finished the main system for it, I just need to improve the controller for the riding animal it self (ignore the current movement on the wolf, that will be improved ;) ):

Much appreciated to hear that. Can't wait to complete these improvements, as it will allow a ton of new possibilities for ways to control the player or the AI :D

Regards.

MorpheusXI, runealdoo, Kennth and 3 others like this.
  2. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Good day of progress, I have made some tests for generic models with the AI, and here some WIP with the AI wandering around and trigger animations on each pause:

They can also use the action system as well, allowing to set the a new category ID value, so according to the current model used for the character (AI or player), the same action can activate an animation for the new model, like howl for the wolf, or attacks for it, instead of the human animations.

Regards.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  3. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Generic models can now activate the close combat as well, along with the reaction system. This has barely needed any addition, working with the current action system, with just a couple of options added to trigger different animations according to the model of the character so the player can now attack on any other shape and react to damage as well:

Regards.

MorpheusXI, Razmot, Mark_01 and 4 others like this.
  4. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

As promised, here a WIP example of the AI with generic models attacking with the close combat system, working in the same way as the humanoid mode, allowing to customize each attack for each character model and getting damage as well:

Regards.

MorpheusXI, Kennth and EN_Games like this.
  5. chrisabranch

chrisabranch

will this work with third-party assets, like Behavior Designer? I would like to use Behavior Trees for more complex AI.

sr388 likes this.
  6. sr388

sr388

I haven't tried other behavior designer yet, but it is planned to be integrated in a future update with GKC.

The AI system will be improved and extended too, allowing more customization options, attack modes and other type of decisions and modes, including animal behavior, as the player and AI can be now any type of character and use any model, as it will also allow to have pet AI animals for example.

Regards.

Kennth and chrisabranch like this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added a menu for the abilities system to allow to edit the current abilities configured in the wheel selection, so you can order and organize the abilities which you can select as shortcut easily, in case the player starts to unlock a lot of them or you want to give options to organize it as the player prefers:

Of course, some tweaks will be added to the slot size and position ;)

Regards.

8. hopeful

hopeful

Is this easily adaptable to an action bar? What I'd like for myself is to have abilities in a horizontal bar, which doesn't take up much screen space, like the way the weapons work.

In fact, I'd like to have abilities and weapons (as abilities) in the same action bar. Like 1) shield, 2) pistol, 3) stealth ... that sort of thing. Maybe a wrapper could be used to turn firing a weapon into an ability?

Wetw0rx, sr388 and Kennth like this.
  9. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Going through the latest posts I'm blown away. You're level of dedication and work ethic is rare and much needed in this world, my friend. Thanks for all you do, seriously. GKC has grown into such a lovely monster these last couple years.

I havent figured out the map system yet and I wish there was more documentation on it but I use a custom map system anyways so I'm just nitpicking. More documentation would be fantastic, though! I need it to complete my GKC doctorate lol.

10. sr388

sr388

Yes, I am going to add an option to use a scroll rect instead of a wheel menu, as the slots are instantiated ingame, so they can be arranged in any way, like a scroll rect.

I have added also on the todo list an option to allow to move UI menus and panels ingame by clicking and moving with the mouse or joystick or touch press, allowing to change their position at any moment in, to make them easy to manage.

I want also add options to do exactly what you said, to allow to drop in the same hot bar any inventory object, weapons, abilities or any other action, so they can be used as you prefer.

For the map system, there is a tutorial video covering the main elements of it, which you can find here:

Let me know if you have doubts or issues with it. I will add more tutorial videos soon about other aspects of the map system and the rest of elements of the asset ;)

And thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate to hear that. I really like to work on this asset and make it as good as possible and improve it on each new update. One of the reasons why I work on this asset is to learn more on game development and improve my knowledge and skills on it, which also translates in being able to work on new systems for the asset it self and improve previous one using the new techniques and solutions which I was limited before due to that previous knowledge.

That also allows the asset to evolve and cover more and more aspects for any type of game and genre, along with improving the workflow more and more, to make everything easier and more intuitive and fast to use.

I love this work and being able to keep doing it and get the support of users and be around such a great community while at the same time, it allows to people to work on their projects and be an useful tool, is something I never imagined in my best dreams. So I am the one who is most thankful for all of you people, you can be sure of that :D

Regards.

DrOcto, Mark_01, Kennth and 3 others like this.
  11. juangtju62

juangtju62

Hello, I have a problem with the position of the weapons since when changing the character for another model, the melee weapons do not have the position well, could you tell me how this aspect is configured

sr388 likes this.
  12. sr388

sr388

Hi, sorry for the wait to reply, I got up a few minutes ago.

Yes, since each model has a different skeleton bones orientation/position, you need to adjust the melee weapon position on the hand of the character. I added an editor tool to make this process very easy and simple, here:

I will record a proper tutorial video in a few days for it, to show it better, since this video was recorded short after adding this tool.

The workflow is the same, but the tool is located in the "Melee Combat System" gameObject on the same hierarchy "Other Systems", the rest of the process remains the same.

Let me know your results with it @juangtju62, no rush :)

Regards.

Kennth likes this.
  13. juangtju62

juangtju62

greats, thanks , for other way, the slice system not works for me

14. sr388

sr388

Make sure to check the doc for the section "External Files", as the slice system can be found on the public repository of GKC on github, here:

https://github.com/sr3888/GKC-Public-Repository

You just need to download the packages of slice system, import it on unity and uncomment a few code lines, to fully activate it. It is better explained in the doc.

Let me know your results with it, no rush ;)

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  15. juangtju62

juangtju62

Thank you very much it worked very well for me, on the other hand I have some prefab effects that I would like to add to the magic powers but I cannot find in which part they are added, for example to put a particle effect to the "push forward"

sr388 likes this.
  16. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added a new ability example to basically use an holographic target, to get the attention of the AI and maybe put it close to an explosive barrel, so they attack the barrel by accident and die from the explosion xd

Glad to hear that it worked :) For the effects, you can see here an example of how customize different aspects of an action system, which is also used on some abilities to activate an animation for the ability it self, allowing also to activate sounds or particles if needed.

In the events, you can configure a function call to the play particles, and put the particles inside the player or use the spawn system to place them there and call the spawn function through that event, removing the particles of scene once they are played.

Regards.

17. juangtju62

juangtju62

Thank you very much for your help, however I think I have this problem as a priority and I have tried but I do not find the error, first I create the map, the playable character then I do the baked navmesh, I add the ai enemy armed, but when I give it play I only It detects and chases me but it doesn't shoot, it just chases me, what should it be?

Attached Files:

18. sr388

sr388

Always glad to help.

About your case, from what you say, I think maybe you configured a friend AI instead of an enemy AI, as by default, the friendly AI follows the player once it detects it and helps it with other enemies on the game.

Make sure to select the enemy AI type on the character creator when you make a new AI. Tell me your results with it. I can make a remote session with you to take a better look if the above situation is not your case. Send me a PM here on the forum in that case ;)

Regards.

19. juangtju62

juangtju62

of all the forums and especially of all the assets that unity has, you stay with the best support, thanks again, I solved it by loading the gck asset again, since it seems that the prefab of the player accidentally edits it wrong and for that just followed me, again I tried from or created the enemy and if it pursues and attacks without problems, thanks for the help you provide,

sr388 likes this.
  20. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have made many checks and small improvements in the code along with some tweaks on some recent elements and working more on the support of generic models.

Also, here an improved sphere controller, allowing also to stick and climb on walls taking inspiration of the metroid spider ball mode:

The addition of support for generic models is going very smoothly, I maybe make a smaller update focused on this addition and the swim system, along with all the additions so far, before focusing in the other systems planned that would allow to use it already for any person who wants it or wait for the rest of the content in another update. Let me know what you think about it ;)
    Very happy to hear that and thanks also for the kind words, I always try my best to give the best support possible :D

Regards.

DrOcto, Mark_01, EN_Games and 3 others like this.
  21. juangtju62

juangtju62

Yesterday I tried with an enemy that attacked with melee, however when I put one that is armed, it does not shoot, it just follows me and then slowly begins to spin, I was guided by the video, and I did it through the menu creating a enemy armed and starting with weapons type then appears on the scene but detects me what it does not do is shoot,

22. sr388

sr388

That is strange, maybe the option to remove or disable the weapons was activated on the AI options on its character creator.

Send me a PM here on the forum or in the discord channel of GKC to make a remote session with you and take a better look. No rush ;)

Regards.

23. juangtju62

juangtju62

It would be fantastic, however eh he had internet problems all this week, when I verify that my connection is better I send him an mp to verify it, however when I have time I send him some screenshots so he can see the problem a little

sr388 likes this.
  24. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have improved the management of the icons on the abilities wheel for how they are scaled and placed according to the active abilities on it through the abilities editor ingame also, I added an example of the previous hologram player but this time, it explodes when it receives damage, killing all AI around it on the process..... IT'S A TRAP!

Sure, no problem, take the time you need for the remote session or to send me some further info of the issue, no rush ;)

Regards.

25. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have also added an option to use a scroll rect (vertical or horizontal) to select abilities ingame instead of the wheel menu, so you can select the way that you prefer, as both can be used:

Regards.

juangtju62, Kennth, hopeful and 2 others like this.
  26. mytecjmb

mytecjmb

Hello,
    I was working with your system a couple years back and got pretty far with vehicles until I lost my workstation. I have since got set back up and started back in with this and have a question...

How can I edit the HUD? I would like to remove the built in tutorial (controls on screen) in bottom left mainly but would also like to redo HP bars and others? Can you get me going in the right direction as I your asset has grown a lot the past couple years and I no longer as familiar as I once was.

Also how do I define the max camera distance it can view (far clipping plane setting I believe on a standard camera script)?

Great work btw this thing has grown really robust!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    sr388 likes this.
  27. juangtju62

juangtju62

hi again , i start all the project from the scratch ,
    hello again, I started the project from 0 again and indeed if both the ai melee and the one that carries weapons works, without problems, I intend to create a project that is composed of several worlds and is managed through waves of enemies, maybe through trigger events I can get it. Thanks for all the help, it really has been quite useful.

sr388 likes this.
  28. Kennth

Kennth

Is it or would it be possible to put in to use the " scroll rect (vertical or horizontal) " Using the arrow keys on the keyboard?
    That wound be awesome! or I guess the Z and X keys in combo with the wasd keys :)

sr388 likes this.
  29. juangtju62

juangtju62

its posible for create a image thats change the abilities to right at left, like has touch image for mobile in power selections ???

sr388 likes this.
  30. sr388

sr388

Hi @mytecjmb. I am sorry to hear that, but happy to see you back with your project :)

About the UI, it uses the UI system of unity, so the process is the same as any other canvas to customize it as you need. In the doc you can see the hierarchy of the HUD elements (some new has been added, but the main structure remains the same, I will update that content asap along with the improved hiearchy on the player elements).

Same hierarchy explanation can be found for the AI too. The actions input panel can be disabled here:

upload_2021-9-7_3-15-13.png

And about the tutorials, you can disable them here, they are managed through a separated prefab which is added at the start of the scene or when used, so with this disabled, it won't be even used or spawned into the scene.

upload_2021-9-7_3-15-41.png

The max distance to render is configured directly on the main camera, inside the player camera gameObject (it has a pivot and the camera parent, so the main camera it self is there, adjust that value on the camera component).

Let me know your results with this, no rush ;)

And thanks for your kind words, it is very appreciated. I love to work on this asset and try my best to make the best content for it :D

Glad to hear all works properly and always happy to help :)

Can you tell me more? Not 100% sure of the way that you describe, so let me know about it ;)

Do you mean to change between wheel or horizontal selection if playing on mobile platform or something else? And in that case, how would it work? It would be useful to know more, so I can see better how could be managed. If not, tell me more details about the way you mean.

Regards.

mytecjmb likes this.
  31. mytecjmb

mytecjmb

Thank you that solved my immediate problems, I will work on changing the HUD style over time. Last work I had posted was in 2019 and successfully got vehicles to land on other objects with gravity. With that being said has anything been improved with rigidbodies and moving vehicles (such as a 2nd player on a ship being piloted by the 1st player)?

32. sr388

sr388

Glad to hear that and looking forward to see more of your project :)

About improvements, let me know if you want to know something on specific, a few examples of more vehicle types were added and more are planned, along with the addition of animals (or any model using animations) to ride.

And if with 2nd player on a ship, you mean local multiplayer or friendly AI following you, they can get on the vehicle with you without problem ;)

Let me know if you meant that or something else.

Regards.

33. mytecjmb

mytecjmb

I was thinking big space ships and having multiple players or AI on it just fly off if not in a seat. Example: I have issues with rigidbodies parenting to the object so they do not move while object is in motion. StarCitizen styles ships may be easier way to put it massive ships with crew is my goal in the end.
    Untitled.jpg

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    sr388 likes this.
  34. sr388

sr388

Oh, I see. I have planned to play more of outer wilds, as I want to make a vehicle example which is controlled as a spatial ship, allowing to change rotation on 360 degrees, set auto pilot and similar actions as in that game and a mix with star citizen ships too, allowing to move inside properly through physics.

The player will be able to move and interact in the same way with the ship, the gravity manipulation, interact with elements in the ship, etc...

Regards.

Kennth and mytecjmb like this.
  35. juangtju62

juangtju62

hi, well yes, I mean the new ability bar that you see in the video, since I realized that the circular pad does not work in the phone ui, since there is no button that takes you to it on the keyboard It is the letter "b", configure it with a touch button to access it, however it is necessary to put another one at the time of presenting the circular pad of abilities to close it again, otherwise it remains open and does not allow you to do anything else

sr388 likes this.
  36. sr388

sr388

The abilities wheel can be opened in touch screens by pressing and holding the center of the screen a couple of seconds and point with the finger to the ability to set as current one. Release the press to close that menu.

A circle button in the middle left is the one used to activate the current ability selected, so you can use the ability system on mobile controls out of the box ;)

Let me know if you meant this and if you try it.

Regards.

37. Kennth

Kennth

If I push the arrow key pointing right " > " the scroll rect horizontal would make the menu items move to the right into view.
    ( in other words, what button were you pushing, in that video to make the horizontal scroll? )
    upload_2021-9-7_8-43-39.png

38. juangtju62

juangtju62

hahaha i dont know that , thanks , it is have looking for , works very well

39. sr388

sr388

I put a scrollbar below the abilities panel, so you can slide it left and righ to move the list (in this case, the list has already about 50 abilities, though of course, they are examples and the list can be configured to have just a few or edit the max amount at the same time).

Right now the arrow keys are used to configure the quick access to the abilities, so you open the menu, select an ability and press an arrow key, binding that key to that ability, allowing to have a shortcut for the 4 arrow keys, though this can be customized to use other keys.

So yes, an option to use the arrow keys could be added to move the panel left and right if needed ;)

Glad to hear that, all the controls and actions are adapted to mobile controls, so all works out of the box with it ;)

Same for weapon wheel selection (which is placed a little below the screen center.

Let me know your results, no rush.

Regards.

Kennth likes this.
  40. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I forgot to say that I added an option on the noise system for the hearing detection of the AI to force a sound to be heard even if the AI option to hear is disabled, so you can make them to notice certain types of noises if you need to this is used for example on the hologram target, to call their attention in any possible case (of course, it can be disabled):

Regards.

Mark_01, DrOcto, Kennth and 3 others like this.
  41. chrisabranch

chrisabranch

I'm not trying to rush you, I just need an ETA on the update release. Thanks

DrOcto and sr388 like this.
  42. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a new test for the generic models, for one AI attacking another AI (I have to configure a couple of tweaks for the attacks rate and target detection for the generic model):

Do you mean for the current update in progress? In that case, it should be ready for the middle of the next week approximately ;)

I will tell more info about it as soon as possible.

Regards.

Mark_01, DrOcto, chrisabranch and 3 others like this.
  43. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here another WIP test of two generic model AI fighting each other (I have to tweak some values of the combat and reactions):

Regards.

mytecjmb, Unleaded-Games and EN_Games like this.
  44. hopeful

hopeful

Better to toss the doggie a treat than to shoot him. If you want to be subversive, toss him a human hand to chew on. ;)

sr388 likes this.
  45. mytecjmb

mytecjmb

I have been trying to follow documentation to integrate Easy Build System and I am having a lot of difficulty, I believe somethings have changed since the documentation was released as I am getting different results and cannot make it half way through.

Sidenote: I also bought the Synty Apocalypse pack since it was on sale and you done some Zombie AI work. So I will work on my space project later lol.

sr388 likes this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Haha yeah, and that actually gave me an idea to a consumable which can be launched at AI for example, on animal forms, so even being an enemy AI, eating that consumable can turn them into good boys :)

And along with that, trigger any other reactions, like poison them, or turning them into bersek mode, or made them sleep, and any other type of effect, along with trigger an action system for them to play an eating animation :)

Already added on the todo list :D

The good thing about the addition of generic models is that they will be able to use the same elements and actions that the regular AI humanoid, since they still using the same components, so elements like close combat, action system, damage reaction, player and target detection, wander state, patrol, etc... will be totally usable with them following the same process.

Yes, I recently checked the integration and saw that some of its content changed, so I made a new version of the file script used for it, you can try the attached file on this post for it, let me know your results with it ;)

The file is also included on the new update that will be complete and released in a few days.

And about the zombies, nice, I can't wait to see more projects using the zombie AI type on their games, as it is very straight forward to use, yet it can allow to more mechanics and possibilities :)

There are also a couple of recent tutorial videos showing how to configure them, so make sure to check them ;)

Regards.

Attached Files:

47. mytecjmb

mytecjmb

You are awesome! This solved the immediate problems. All seems well except I cannot see the player character yet only weapons and there is no way to select what piece you lay down in EBS due to mouse wheel being zoom controls in GKC. Controls I can just change when I figure out a scheme but I do not know what to do with camera not showing character. Maybe it is because I just ran a scene with the GKC prefab that had been edited, not a created character.

sr388 likes this.
  48. sr388

sr388

That seems like maybe the asset wasn't imported properly into the project or maybe the model of the character by default is missing (did you create a new player or you are using the default one?).

Also, maybe you overwrote the project settings from GKC when importing EBS or other asset? You can reimport the project settings of GKC selecting only input manager and tag manager settings and combine the socket and the other layer of EBS, so all works properly.

Also, for the mouse wheel camera, you can disable that option here on player camera component (or set the keys to change between materials for EBS):

upload_2021-9-12_12-45-26.png

Regards.

Mark_01 and mytecjmb like this.
  49. mytecjmb

mytecjmb

I'll play around a bit today and see what I figure out and will let you know tonight. Thank you for all your help and quick too. you are appreciated sir.

sr388 likes this.
  50. startfromzero

startfromzero

Hello two cubes,
    I have a question. How can I disable the systems which I don't want player to use?