Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.7%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.2%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.5%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I made a new tutorial video, this time to show how to create a new inventory object and configure a place on the scene to use it and trigger events with it:

Regards.

2. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a couple of examples of the block action for the close combat system, including its reactions and the ability on the AI to use it as well:

Regards.

EN_Games, MorpheusXI, hopeful and 2 others like this.
  3. Mr_squiggle

Mr_squiggle

I was wondering if difficulty options will be added to the game that allows the player to change how much damage the enemies do via the menu. And also the option at the beginning of a new game that allows the player to choose the difficulty and it allows extra or changes enemy placement (for example on harder modes in the original doom it adds in much harder enemies in the first level etc).

sr388 likes this.
  4. sr388

sr388

Yes, it is planned to add options to configure that kind of settings ingame, with a list of difficulty modes and the elements that would change in the game in general with each difficulty, like enemies health, damage, number of AI to spawn and similar options.

Also, each AI would have options to configure elements like aggressiveness for their attack, detection range and so according to their level configured.

Regards.

Peppo87 and Kennth like this.
  5. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of a couple of abilities configured to kind of "throw/shoot" projectiles with any type of property using the forward camera as direction to shoot them:

Regards.

EN_Games and StevenPicard like this.
  6. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a new tutorial video to show how to configure and customize the map system to show the structure of the scene and info on the minimap and the window map:

Regards.

7. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

The beta of the new patch update 3.03-1A is ready, so anyone who wants to give a try, send me a PM here on the forum ;)

Also, here a tutorial video to show how to configure and customize the text panel info system to show text panels on screen following an object position or a fixed position on screen and allowing to configure different styles of UI panels:

Regards.

8. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been adding a couple of improvements for the action system and the AI to configure a list of actions which can be activated automatically by the AI moving by the scene. So it is able now to kick doors to open them, climb or jump over obstacles, slide under obstacles, vault, etc.... allowing to configure any action to use like the player would do on fixed places on the scene too:

Regards.

9. Kennth

Kennth

LOL, love it! The first thing I thought was .... this would make a great " chase " scene.
    Can it be configured to use vehicles to chase too ? Maybe even horse's and buggy ?

sr388 likes this.
  10. hopeful

hopeful

I love the door kicking. It's about as fun as the breaking glass. :)

Kennth and sr388 like this.
  11. sr388

sr388

Haha, thanks, yeah, it kind of reminds me to the classic movies of Jackie Chan, where he runs away from enemies.

And for vehicles, yes the AI will be able soon to use vehicles as well, choosing when to enter on them, follow and attack their targets and get off.

The AI on vehicle is already on process and there is an alpha-beta demo in the scenes folder of GKC and the build demos from the store as well and I will be back to work on it during the rest of updates of 3.0 too :)

Thanks, much appreciated to hear that and yeah, I want to configure some more examples for the AI too for the automatic action system, including the break glass and jump over it ;)

Regards.

StevenPicard, hopeful and Kennth like this.
  12. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Hey everyone. It's been a while but I'm back! All the new updates are amazing. Most of my old scripts still work but as of the latest update, all my hoverbikes are broken. I cant get off of them for some reason. I've looked through the hoverCraftController, IKDrivingSystem and vehicleHUDManager following the chain of events that should make the player get off. All seems normal but the issue is there... I can eject from the bikes but when I attempt to get off regularly, nothing. My project is huge and maybe something else is causing this but I've checked everything. Has anyone else had this issue as well? I really dont wanna rebuild all the hoverbikes in my project but the stock GKC hoverbike is doing it too. All other vehicles are fine and I cant see a difference in settings between their relevant controllers so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Update: tried the stock Ethan and he can get off so it's something I changed in the settings of my created player. F M L. Back to the drawing board...

2nd Update: Well its something to do with changes to the input manager. I cant have E button as get on/off so I always change it to T (I dont think this is the problem since all other vehicles work). However, I've added a "lights" axes to my hovercraft to turn lights on/off with L key. This has some how caused a conflict of inputs (I think). Perhaps the inputManager is looking for a touch button that isnt there (this aint a mobile game), idk. The input manager is so different than I remember.

Fixed (sort of): So I'm not sure where the get on/off event is being triggered from now but once I deactivated the GetOff axes in the hoverCraft inputActionManager, things went back to normal. Seems like there is a conflict between my settings carried over from last GKC version and the latest update. Something here changed and now the GetOff axes is no longer used and was causing the event to be fired twice causing the player to get off then right back on with one button press. weird. This was a bit of a nightmare since there was no console warning and a million places to look for possible issues. In the end, it works but man my eyes hurt lol.

Jerry's Final Thought: Updating GKC in an ongoing project can be catastrophic and should be done after a backup and with caution. Make detailed notes of any settings changes and any alterations made to GKC scripts. Also a PhD from GKC university helps...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  13. sr388

sr388

Hi @Wetw0rx.

Sorry for the time to reply, I went to sleep a little before of your message.

According to the type of asset, upgrades can need some rework or extra time, according to also the version used on that project and the new update. And of course, backups are always extremely recommended.

What is usually needed to do when upgrading the project is create a new player in order to use the new elements configured and created on it and the same for the AI. The rest of objects and settings are mostly not affected on those prefabs, as those elements don't use to change to much, as maybe some new prefab example is added or tweaked.

I am working on tools and options to make the upgrade process as painless as possible, and I have been making some improvements on how the main managers of the asset are used and managed too, in order to simplify the workflow and make it as good as possible and most part has been achieved during the last updates, though I have planned some new tools and elements that will make this process even better.

What I always recommend is contacting with me in order to help in any kind of issue, so I can help with it and avoid the user to get stuck or spend more time than needed.

From what I read on your comment, I think the issue was maybe the layer configured on the vehicle or the positions used as reference for the raycast to check if the player can get off from vehicles, as the system by default checks if there is some obstacle in the sides of the vehicle in order to get off from it.

But like I said, never hesitate to tell me about any doubt or issue as I will try to help in anything needed :)

Regards.

Peppo87 likes this.
  14. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Thanks for the reply, I'm always glad to post my update issues and hope it helps anyone who runs into a similar thing. The problem was when I created the new character this time I loaded a previous input file into it. This caused the GetOff input to be present in the playerController and vehicleController making the player do funny things. My project is four years old and has had every version of GKC run through it since. Updating is always an adventure but usually pretty painless regarding GKC. Especially in comparison to some other assets for sure.
    This is an awesome update as always and after a long ass break I'm excited to be back on this project! I had to focus on making some unique art assets and writing a decent story. Now I'm super hyped to make this game a reality! I'd say that my game is in alpha right now and I would love to send you some footage for the next "made with GKC" vid.

sr388 and Kennth like this.
  15. sr388

sr388

I see, interesting to know that was the cause.

Always happy to get feedback from users during the development of their projects with GKC, as that always helps to see what could be improved, or tweaked or add tools in order to make a better workflow wherever could be needed or useful, so glad to get this info :D

And happy to hear that you are getting back to your project and of course, looking forward to know more about it and see more content about it and of course, I will be glad to include it on one of the next videos of games made with GKC haha.

Regards.

Regards.

16. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been configuring a new melee weapon example which allows to combine melee and projectiles fired as an automatic weapon (very similar to the magic staff), so you can either attack with melee with a key or activate the fire weapon mode to fire projectiles like a regular weapon would do with another key (ignore the animation transition, that will be improved ;) ):

I have taking inspiration from this draw for this type of weapon, having kind of like a transformation on the weapon object according to its mode:

sdsds.png
    Regards.

EN_Games, Kennth, Peppo87 and 2 others like this.
  17. 3DWizerd

3DWizerd

Ya, Like Dargo's Sword/Rifle from the series "Farscape"

sr388 likes this.
  18. hopeful

hopeful

Or even just a simple rifle butt strike or pistol whip.

sr388 likes this.
  19. neoshaman

neoshaman

Gunblade never dies

sr388 likes this.
  20. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I made a component yesterday to allow to spend money from the currency system to trigger events (using the condition system), like for example, spawning objects, so it can be used as a simple vending machine where the player spends money from rewards or selling stuff during the game:

Haha, yeah, I like that other example of a sword splitting in half having the cannon there (it was also the weapon used on transformers 4 by the humans).

sdsdsd.png

Regards.

21. hopeful

hopeful

Just curious ... it sounds like you can do this, but can you buy a ride at an amusement park? Or your fortune from a fortune teller? Or bribe a guard?

sr388 likes this.
  22. sr388

sr388

Yes, that kind of situations can be triggered with it, as it the condition system is a general system which allows to be extended easily to add different types of checks, as it is used currently on melee, inventory and currency systems, each one as an extension of the main condition system, triggering events if the conditions are achieved.

So for the currency, you could make that the player gets an inventory object instead of spawning the pickup or a prefab into the scene, as the above example basically calls to the spawn function of the spawn system configured on the event field.

Same for bribing a guard, as the condition could be that if the payment is made, the AI activates a point in the scene to go from its guard position and deactivate a trigger that if the player moves below that point, the AI would attack him, so the event of the currency condition could both make the AI to leave that position and disable the trigger, so the player won't be attacked.

And all of that type of situations could be triggered by events without need of extra code :)

Regards.

23. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here another example of the fire on columns to unlock elements of the scene (basically activating events to call to any function needed), but this time, the fire on the columns need to be put down, for example, using the water arrow type or the push power ability.

Like the opposite example, the columns get fire after x time if you don't put down all of them during that time.

Regards.

Kennth, MorpheusXI, EN_Games and 5 others like this.
  24. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I improved the jump-air-landing transitions on the animator for the controller (AI has this change as well), checking if the jump is on place without movement or if the player was moving previously to jump or started to move before landing, to play a landing on place animation or a moving landing one.

I have to tweak a couple of values on the animator settings, but it looks much better than the previous one. Here a look at the improved animator base layer for the movement state machine, organized as clean as simple as possible:

Regards,

25. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here another example of the AI using the action systems configured on places of the scene automatically when it is on its range, like breaking a glass and jump over it to reach its target:

Regards.

EN_Games, Mark_01, Kennth and 2 others like this.
  26. hopeful

hopeful

Is it possible for him to just run through the glass, breaking it? If we wanted that behavior, that is.

sr388 likes this.
  27. sr388

sr388

Absolutely, there is an example of that same glass action where the player break the glass directly when jumping over it, so the same action can be also activated by the AI, instead of break and jump. I will record a clip about that example later today ;)

So yeah, all the actions systems examples (or 99% of them) can be used by the AI through the new option which allows to configure the list of the actions which are detected and activated automatically by the AI on the scene.

Regards.

Peppo87, hopeful and Kennth like this.
  28. sr388

sr388

@hopeful here the example of the AI jumping automatically the obstacle and activating the breaking of the glass directly:

Regards.

crankyoldguy, Kennth, Peppo87 and 2 others like this.
  29. hopeful

hopeful

Nice! Glad it is structured such that it can be done either way. :)

30. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a new option for the use of inventory objects on places of the scene, as now it allows to detect when an inventory object pickup is on range on the trigger, instead of use it from the player's inventory, so you can grab and throw the object to the place where is used directly, triggering the system to use the object on it and its event:

Regards.

EN_Games, hopeful and Peppo87 like this.
  31. Mr_squiggle

Mr_squiggle

Was wondering if you can have floating projectiles and project circular attacks for the character to dodge? Like in this trailer. Or in development down the line in a later version?

Also was wondering if feedback visual animation would be coming to game kit like in this unity asset. In terms of the GUI?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    sr388 likes this.
  32. sr388

sr388

@Mr_squiggle yes, floating projectiles are already possible, as the weapons have two type of shoots, using raycast, to place the projectile directly on the surface detected or by using actual speed on the projectile rigidbody, so it would be floating projectiles.

And about circular attacks, the weapons can fire from 1 to any number of projectiles, and they can use a spread option, to add an extra offset for each one. Adding an option to use a certain circle spread would be quick and easy to add, so I will put that on the todo list, allowing to trigger that type of shooting on powers, abilities, weapons, etc.... ;)

And about effects similar to feel for the UI elements, yes, it would be interesting, will think about what type of elements could be useful to use in that kind of feedback.

Like always, thanks for the suggestions.

Regards.

33. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an option on the jump action to allow to make the player to jump higher or lower according to how much time the jump button is pressed and hold, having a max time to stop the extra impulse after that. So the player will reach different heights according to how much time the jump button is pressed, similar to how most platform games used to manage the jump:

Here the options available for this setting, which can be tweaked or disabled as needed:

Regards.

Kennth, EN_Games and hopeful like this.
  34. hopeful

hopeful

A spreading circle - from self location or from a target location - would be like an area of effect that grows over time? And maybe it optionally shrinks, too? Something like that could be useful for a variety of things that could affect characters and objects. Like, a concept using it would be to blow a wind out from a center, then have it contract and reverse the wind direction.

It might be handy to have it as a sphere and column area as well as a circle. In concept, the column might expand on its Z axis or, optionally, Y.

Also ... I don't recall if this is already there or not, but do we have cones of effect? If so, expanding by length and / or width over time might be a logical thing to add.

I know, I'm making it complicated! lol

But I figure it's good to throw the ideas out there, so you can cover as many of them as reasonably possible. :)

sr388 likes this.
  35. sr388

sr388

@hopeful I think you may are talking about areas of effect for damage and other stuff rather than projectiles in a kind of configuration like bullet hell, like for example, a lot of attacks types from enemies on neir automata, like this sequence boss?

Let me know more about it when possible, no rush ;)

Regards.

36. hopeful

hopeful

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought the particle effect was how it was rendered, but the ring of particles is actually very specific for collision.

sr388 likes this.
  37. sr388

sr388

I see, no problem, but don't hesitate to tell me more about the element that you were explained and if it was related to the classic bullet hell elements or something different, no rush of course ;)

Regards.

38. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have configured an option to activate a roll on landing, so the player is able to cancel damage on landing from large heights by doing that action during a certain limit of time before landing, for a kind of parkour movement.

For example, if you press the crouch action button 1 second before landing, it will trigger the roll, avoiding the damage on landing (it can be configured for different wait time):

Regards.

39. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here another view of the new option to fire projectiles from a melee weapon in a kind of secondary or rifle mode while the sword can do any melee attack as well, allowing to combine them for a fast paced action game or something similar to what hyper light drifter does:

Regards.

MorpheusXI, Kennth, EN_Games and 2 others like this.
  40. chrisabranch

chrisabranch

will there be core controller updates soon like swimming?
    Shooting swords is cool, but it doesn't feel like it's a template and more like a completed game feature.

sr388 likes this.
  41. sr388

sr388

Yes, swim system will be added on the next update and other elements like that will be added after that, like the cover system or the climb system with the free or fixed modes.

For this new update, I have added many improvements on the character controller along with different new movements and actions for the player, including one that I had in the todo list since a long time ago for third person, here a sneak peek (yes, it is running wall action):

The shooting sword feature is not something made specifically to fire projectiles from melee weapon, but made as a way to configure range attacks on melee weapons, so other effects or events could be configured in this type of modes when they are activated.

Regards.

42. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

As promised, here the wall running system on the third person view. I have improved the previous version (which was only made for first person), so it can be used on any other view, including third and locked, and moved the code into a separated script (which makes it modular):

It has options a lot of options to customize like:
    -Sprint on the wall by run input key
    -Configure rotation values to adhere to wall surface
    -It also rotates toward the wall direction, so it can move on close or open curves
    -Configure zones where the player can or not run (in the video these are the red walls)
    -Use the movement input to move up and down while moving
    -Use jump key to stop the wall running
    -Configure a speed down value, so the player will fall from the wall at some point automatically
    -And more....

Btw, the new update 3.03-1A will be sent to the asset store in a matter of minutes ;)

Regards.

MorpheusXI, EN_Games, Mark_01 and 3 others like this.
  43. sr388

sr388

Good news everyone.

The new update 3.03-1A is already live on the asset store, in record time haha (a little reminder to always make backups of your projects before anything else).

Also, there are new animations added on the examples of the action system and other movements, so I recommend to check the public repository of the asset to get the new animation package (more info on the doc, in the external files section).

Thanks to all the people for your huge patience with this update, it has been a long wait but I hope the new version worth it, and now some good coffee and starting to plan the next update :)

bow_on_air.png
    Regards.

EN_Games, hopeful, Mark_01 and 3 others like this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Btw, I forgot to put the changelog of the new update, so here you can check it out:

Changelog GKC 3.03-1A

Also, here a summary of these elements:
    • Configured a paraglider example and wind triggers to add impulse to the player, inspired in breath of the wild
    • Tweaked some elements of the bow to work better on the air (aim and fire while on the air) allowing a nice mechanic with the paraglider
    • New different fall animation when the player has enough time on air, for a free falling state
    • Improved the jump-air-landing transitions on the animator for the controller, checking if the jump is on place without movement or if the player was moving previously to jump or started to move before landing, to play a landing on place animation or a moving landing one
    • Added a new option on the jump action to allow the player to jump higher or lower according to how much time the jump button is pressed and held, reaching different heights according to how much time the jump button is pressed, similar to how most platforms used to manage the jump
    • Added option to activate a roll on landing, so the player is able to cancel damage on landing from large heights by doing that action during a certain limit of time before landing
    • Added wall running system on the third person view, so it can be used on any other view, with options for sprint, configure zones to avoid or only active the wall running on certain places, jump from walls and move up and down while moving forward
    • Extended melee weapon creator to create its inventory object as well, just like fire weapons, adding all that info into prefabs and into the inventory manager:
    • Melee weapon tool to adjust the weapon to any character's body in a few clicks, it can be used on any model and with any melee weapon
    • The bow system can be used properly while the player is on air, with options to slow down time, fall speed and animation speed.
    • The bow system can now change between different types/effects on arrows using the same bow like fire, water, poison, explosives, sedatives…..
    • Added torch melee weapon example which also allows to detect fire and get on fire as well, for mechanics such as illuminate dark places or solve puzzles based on burn elements and burn enemies with it
    • Health system can now configure damage type, so for example, playe and AIr can get fire damage like the AI,
    • Examples of effect areas to get character or object on fire and put out the fire, like water, affecting to AI and player and the melee weapons carried on that moment
    • Added example of consumable objects on melee weapons, like gold resin, similar to dark souls, which allows to activate damage effects on weapons or increase any value on them, such as damage amount, fire, poison, etc...
    • Added a new wizard tool to create new melee shields in just a couple of clicks, allowing to use any 3d mesh as a new shield:
    • Added option to trigger events for range attacks on melee weapons, to allow to fire projectiles from magic staffs and similar
    • Added an option for the melee system to allow to make attacks on air, so the same attack can be played on air or on ground according to the current state of the player, So this will allow for more mechanics related to hack n slash combat
    • Added new option for the use of inventory objects on places of the scene, as now it allows to to grab and throw the object to the place where is used directly
    • Added the main structure of the damage type option on health component. This allows to send the type of damage that is applied from any source of damage, in order to be able to trigger different reactions and states from it, such as fire, ice, poison, electricity, radioactivity, etc... allowing to trigger damage over time, or set damage resistance or being more vulnerable to certain types of damage
    • New melee weapon example which allows to combine melee and projectiles fired as an automatic weapon (very similar to the magic staff), so you can either attack with melee with a key or activate the fire weapon mode to fire projectiles like a regular weapon would do with another key
    • Added example of a puzzle using the torch fire state active to light up 3 columns and unlock a door with it using a time limit, which causes the fire on each column to burn out after x time
    • Improved the detection of gamepad/keyboard when both elements can be used at the same time, to change the input panel info on screen for the actual keys/buttons text or icons,
    • Improved mouse cursor through gamepad input for the home menu, so the game can be managed properly even from the main home screen
    • Improved organization of components and hierarchy on the main player object
    • Improved the skill/stat systems to configure the initial values for the character (which is also used to manage the values when saving/loading), so these values can be initialized from scriptable objects info
    • Added an option on the melee weapons which allows to configure abilities which can be enabled or disabled when picking or dropping the weapon, to link specific abilities to specific weapons
    • Added option to activate abilities through consumables, inspired on Witcher 3
    • Improved AI to make easier to extended its behavior in process
    • Improved system to activate missions in one scene and allow to complete it on a different scene
    • Bugs fixed related to weapons, inventory and the quick access/hotbar system
    • Bugs fixed related to the creation of fire weapons on inventory
    • Bug fixed on the patrol system when killing an AI
    • Lots of minor tweaks, adjustments, improvements, optimizations and more applied, including performance on AI and other components, management of main managers, etc...
    • Added example of the dynamic split screen, taking inspiration from lego games
    • Added new general condition system which can be extended easily to add new types, like allowing to spend money from the currency system on vending machine where the player spends money from rewards or selling stuff during the game, or checking if the player carries certain objects on inventory and more.
    • Improvements for the action system and the AI to configure a list of actions which can be activated automatically by the AI moving by the scenes
    • A lot more of improvements, fixes, additions, polish and new options and improvements on the general workflow.
    Oh, and also, I can finally say.... Hans, bring the flammenwerfer!!

This was also added on this new update ;)

Regards.

MorpheusXI, EN_Games, BriBill and 5 others like this.
  45. Kennth

Kennth

I wanted to say Wow to that update, but .. Wow seemed like such an understatement is was woefully lacking.
    So I had to look for a thesaurus to find a better word then just plain WOW ....

A few words that might approach the feeling of that last update .... holy cow, whoa, holy crap, sweet mother of god, holy S***, holy moley, hot damn, amazing, and fantastic . was just a few of the choice words to describe.
    https://www.classicthesaurus.com/wow/synonyms

May I humbly suggest the armor system, before the online system.. for two reasons .. the game system will seem more complete with an armor system .. and yeah I can't code... but online feels like such a rabbit hole to me, and I am not sure on Unity's long term plans as far as online system integration goes ( or if it makes a difference ).

Thanks so much for all your hard work.
    I see the reviews on the store keep coming in at a fast rate... that is so good on itself.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    sr388 likes this.
  46. zKici

zKici

Hello,

Is the asset production ready for cross platform; Mobile, PC, Console, Switch?

Are there any tutorials on Mobile setups etc? I just found the demonstrations online but no instructions.

Also, will the build size or performance improve since I'll barely use half of what this asset offers?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    sr388 likes this.
  47. sr388

sr388

Haha, thanks a lot for your kind words and comment @Kennth, definitively made my day :D

It was very fun and interesting to work on this update and for some reason, I got a lot of inspiration to add new movements and improvements to the character controller and extend different elements for very interesting and nice mechanics, especially for very dynamic genres and RPG games and I have a lot of more on the planned elements for it :)

And yes, the armor/cloth system is going to be worked during the new update which I have started today and I will also start the preparations for the online system as well, to have it ready the soonest possible. Elements like armor/cloth, crafting, survival mechanics, swim system and more melee combat elements will arrive on this new update. Once I have the full roadmap for this, I will show it, taking also into account the votes of the above poll of elements ;)

Oh and I will take the opportunity to say to all people here that a rate/review of the asset in the asset store always helps a lot, getting feedback and opinion from it, of course, with you sincere opinion and once you have tried the asset enough. No rush or feel forced to it, I just remember to tell this to users from time to time, and your commend reminded me about it.

The asset is production ready for any platform, as it doesn't use or require any specific element from unity or the platforms to work. I have tested it so far on PC and mobile, as I haven't a development kit for any console (though of course, it would be interesting to have one to make test). One of the users made a test on a xbox series x and it worked properly for example.

About tutorials for mobile, there is no any extra step or configuration to make the asset to work on mobile, all is adapted and works on mobile out of the box, as it is plug and play for it, detecting the platform and activating the touch controls on mobile.

You can try the touch controls on the editor on any moment and test it using the mouse as finger for touches.

You can see here how to configure touch controls for any action:

Or here it working on a phone using a wireless gamepad without problem:

And about build size, there are many options on unity which you can use to optimize the size of builds, including the use of files and such, as what usually takes most space are the textures and png files on projects, as all these elements on GKC are placeholder, which you can of course use without limit or replace at any moment you prefer.

I talked some time ago on this same forum about different tests and options from unity that I tried to show the results for size improvements on build for mobile. I can put the link of that post if you want.

And yes, you can remove any element of the asset that you want, as everything can be disabled and there are many elements which are not mandatory and you can also see here how you can set the most important systems and settings on the player or the AI when you create them on this tutorial video:

Let me know if you have any further question or issue about these elements or any others ;)

Regards.

Kennth, zKici and Peppo87 like this.
  48. Kennth

Kennth

@sr388 Regarding reviews, I just sent you a private PM here... one thing i REALLY HATE is people one staring a review when, it is OBVIOUS it is a user ERROR!!! with out even trying to contact the developer first... to me this legally damages your reputation .. sorry for the shouting but some things really PI*S me off and unwarranted reviews are one of them. IT is Obvious this user has not even used GKC before because they would know about having to download the extra animations in order for the models to not sink through the floor .. and stop working.

I saw posts and I know you do a lot of pre-beta work to make sure every thing is working right before you send an update to Unity... sorry I just woke and have had 1/2 a coffee... stuff like this makes my blood boil. :mad:

All I can say about this guy .... " what an idiot, tool "

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    hopeful, sr388, StevenPicard and 2 others like this.
  49. CrypticColza1971

CrypticColza1971

Hi Santi and everyone, as always I see loads of amazing new and improved features in recent updates, I am super interested in VR though an d wonder roadmap wise when you may be able to do some VR stuff, or if there is any hack/approach to getting some basic VR functionality working, though I think most people develop for PC/console/Android, I still believe VR is up and coming big time, as ever props for all the amazing qork you do with GKC.

sr388 likes this.
  50. sr388

sr388

Thanks @CrypticColza1971, very happy to hear that and thanks for your kind words :)

And about VR, absolutely, it is very planned and I want to work on it during this new update, as I already got oculus quest 2, so I will be back at some testing and getting more progress to show very soon here ;)

Really excited to have VR fully working with GKC and all its interaction systems and all the type of views (1st, 3rd and locked views) and all the movement types (free, teleport, etc...).

Regards.

Mark_01, Kennth and StevenPicard like this.