Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.7%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.2%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.5%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. hopeful

hopeful

GKC is structured so that you can add your own attacks. You can use your own animations and FX.

It's a character controller with a lot of extras, but you still need to do things to make your own game.

Kennth, Mark_01 and sr388 like this.
  2. sr388

sr388

With accurate like in first person, do you mean the projectiles spread, to hace a 100% accuracy?

There are some weapons configured with some spread by default, to show that option, though you can decrease or disable that spread (which can have different values according to if you fire the weapon with and without aiming).

Here:

upload_2021-3-11_5-19-49.png

upload_2021-3-11_5-20-28.png

About the player movement in third person when strafing (aiming a weapon), it is planned to be improved, as right now is managed by a custom IK system, but it will have an option to use just animations, similar to this tree movement:

The laser attachment has been also improved, having a better management of its surface detection and direction:

About the weapon firing, do you mean something like resident evil 4, firing where the laser points directly? There is an option to use the forward direction of the weapon instead of the screen reticle in the center of the screen.

Here the option:

upload_2021-3-11_5-25-1.png

You can also adjust the weapon direction and position in the player's hands following this tutorial:

Let me know if you try this and have any issue with it.

Regards.

Attached Files:

Mark_01 and EN_Games like this.
  3. sr388

sr388

Yes @MAVG, like @hopeful said, the powers/abilities system allows to add this kind of new behaviors easily, so you can create new and simple scripts which are activated by the main powers/abilities/skills system, having infinite possibilities to add this kind of actions, including to use the action system to trigger animations with it, like spell casting or similar.

Prototype is a game I have in my list to replay in the future to get some ideas from it, especially for powers, movement and some of its mechanics ;) I already played as it is one of my favorite open room games to just move around and kick the ass of anything that is in your path xd.

About your question of the grappling hook, not sure 100% what you mean, can you tell me more?

Haha, the main focus of the asset is work in the most important and most used elements in most games, to have these systems available out of the box and ready to use and the rest are extras. I always like to take some time on most updates to experiment and add interesting or cool mechanics or elements, but you can be sure the main focus are to keep improving and make the core and main structure of the asset as good as possible ;)

Regards.

Peppo87 and Mark_01 like this.
  4. BladeE

BladeE

What I mean by that is that the weapon shouldn't swing while aiming. Computer games don't do that, and it looks like bad. The barrel of the weapon should be pointing precisely at the mouse cursor, and the hands and body should adjust to the weapon with the IK. There is no need to use animation during aiming at all. And all this in 3-person mode.
    I'll try your recommendations, but the main problem is the weird aiming animation. The presence of it.

5. Kennth

Kennth

Not only add your own... but really expecting it all to be in/ done for you. Not cool imho, it's not push a button make a game, with no work. Even then, what happens then.. all the games look the same.. asset turn overs just reskinned, give any asset a bad name imho. Just saying

sr388 likes this.
  6. sr388

sr388

I think that maybe the weapons elements placed insinde the player's body are not in the proper bone, as acccording to the skeleton structure and hiearchy, it can happen that the getbone trasnform function doesn't get the proper bone and maybe located one inside of it or one outside of the main searched.

I will send you a PM to take a better look, as I think maybe that happened in your case @BladeE.

Regards.

7. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an option on the vehicle system to set the default camera when enter and exit, so you can set that it always changes to third person view when getting on and set the view of the player for example, viceversa, always set both views in first person, etc... with any combination in between. Here the view changes to 3rd person when getting on and 1st person when getting off:

Here the opposite, 1st on and 3rd off:

And here always changing to 1st on both states:

Regards.

Peppo87 and EN_Games like this.
  8. BladeE

BladeE

About the aiming system. I'll try to explain what I meant in the gifs.

What we see in GKC by default:

And what I need:

Do you understand the differences? Is it possible to implement the second option in GKC? Can you record a video of how to do it?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    sr388 likes this.
  9. sr388

sr388

Oh, I see you mean the top down/locked camera view. I thought you meant the free third person view.

Of course, the rotation and aim settings can be customized in this view to have a more accurate and faster rotation on place like in the second capture.

Allow me to show you these settings later today, as I haven't access to unity right now, in order to make the captures of the settings for it.

I have been also doing more tutorial videos in the last days and more will arrive for the rest of systems and elements of the asset, including more specific elements and mechanics :D

Regards.

10. BladeE

BladeE

First GIF is your default demo scene (top down view) in GKC. Default character is used. I didn't use any of custom settings. In 3-person free camera mode, everything looks exactly the same, no difference. It's just that in TOP DOWN mode you can see the angle between the gun barrel and the desired direction better. In the second GIF, this angle is zero during strafe and turns. No one so wobbles the barrel of the gun while aiming =)

Attached Files:

sr388 likes this.
  11. MAVG

MAVG

I meant if you can edit the appearance of the grappling hook so the it can look like a chain, a tentacle thing etc.

images (5).jpeg Grappling_Hook_%28The_Wind_Waker%29.png

If this can be done easily I apologize for the question I just wanna be sure...

sr388 likes this.
  12. sr388

sr388

Of course, don't worry, with the proper settings once applied, it will rotate directly toward the direction in the same way as the other example.

I haven't had the chance yet to try these settings on my side today, and I have to travel back to town in a few minutes, but I will try the settings there and be back here to show them properly. Sorry for the extra wait.

The current grappling hook uses a line renderer with a effect to look like a rope that is unleashed and thrown toward a surface. But that could be replaced with any other effect that you prefer, if you have some model mesh with animations for it, it would be easy to replace in the code, as you would mostly need to place the other side of the bone of that arm or tentacle to follow the hook position it self (the hook can be also any other mesh).

So yes, you can customize that as you prefer.

Regards.

Peppo87 likes this.
  13. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Another good day of progress. I have been tweaking the flying and the jetpack system and applying some minor fixes and checks. I have almost finished the animation management of weapons in first person too.

Also, I improved the melee hit with a fire weapon, allowing to activate the action system for it instead of using the default option, which uses IK on third person:

Regards.

EN_Games, Mark_01 and Peppo87 like this.
  14. BladeE

BladeE

Aiming is ugly even in 1st person mode. See angle between lazer and real gun direction on screenshoot. This angle stay during all movement and stay if player not move.

Attached Files:

15. sr388

sr388

Sorry for the wait of yesterday @BladeE. Here the settings to make the rotation of the player toward directly the aim direction, as by default, that rotation is made by animation, calculating the difference of angle and setting a rotate right or left animation. So this apply the rotation directly, located in player controller component in player controller gameObject:

upload_2021-3-14_18-49-55.png

In Advanced Settings:

upload_2021-3-14_18-50-32.png

Another interesting setting in locked camera system component is to disable the use of root motion on locked camera, inside the camera settings on that component, with these settings:

upload_2021-3-14_18-57-49.png

This allows a better control on this type of locked view, as the movement is more precise in this way.

Other similar can be found on that same component a little down:

upload_2021-3-14_19-2-43.png

Set that value to true instead of the previous settings for the root motion, so the root motion is disabled only when the strafe movement is active in that view.

You can see the results here:

About the first person, by default, the laser attachment is made to look in camera direction, following the camera reticle in the center of the screen, as by default, weapons also fire in that direction, and the laser is just a visual element. The rotation of the weapon meshes in first person can be adjusted as you need.

Like I said, the laser attachment has been improved for the upcoming update, pointing in a proper direction. Also, I want to add an option to use the forward direction of the weapon and for the laser to point in the forward direction of the weapon, so instead of the screen reticle in the center of the screen, the weapon fires in the position where the laser impacts, on both free third and first person view, similar to how is done in games like resident evil 4, which doesn't use a reticle in the center of the screen, having a different type of aim.

Let me know if you try the above settings, of course, no rush.

Regards.

16. MAVG

MAVG

Dude i was just asking if a charge attack like in overwatch could be done??? Like dragging you opponent around when you hit it and other physical effects on the objective... i didn't know you could add your own attacks/abilities at that level... sorry,

but now that I know I can't wait for the next update , as I see the roadmap I am hyped to see the new mechanics in action, this asset truly asserts itself as one of the best assets on the store.

Nice dude... thank you for your patience

Oh... one last suggestion
    • if you are going to do give the slicing attack ability to an IA recommend that said IA Could Slice according to it's own animations (mesh collision (slicers) based slicing) or (if you prefer) make the AI choose the angle of slicing randomly (this last method tho sounds cool is far more difficult so I wouldn't recommend it)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    Kennth and sr388 like this.
  17. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here the last improvements of the flying and jetpack system for this new update. The flying system allows now to move up and down with separated inputs, which is added to the current camera direction, used to move the player up and down as well, so you can combine that for its movement:

Thanks for the kind words :)

About the slice on AI, the slice is activated according to the direction of the weapon which activates it, so the attack direction and when the slice is activated is the element that decides the direction of the slice, unless you use the slice mode, to rotate the direction of the cut manually through input. The slice can be added on the AI, so they can use it against other AI and the player, but that will be configured in another update ;)

Regards.

Razmot, Mark_01 and EN_Games like this.
  18. BladeE

BladeE

Your video clearly demonstrates that the problem has NOT been solved. See the screenshot in my post. The weapon is still aiming at nothing. The angle between the actual direction of the weapon and the required direction is still present. The only way to change this is to change the aiming system as I wrote earlier: the weapon should always point straight at the target, and arms and whole body should adjust to it using inverse kinematics.

This will solve the problem of shooting, but it will not solve the problem of swinging the gun. Lazer is not problem itself. Swinging weapon is the problem. For the nice look, you need to instantly point the gun directly at the target at any movement.

Attached Files:

19. sr388

sr388

In the video, the reticle is a UI element on the screen which moves freely and it sends a signal to the player to look into the direction of the reticle, so it is normal than if the reticle is over a wall, the player doesn't aim to the position below the reticle, but in that direction.

For the top down mode, the player aims in straight line, parallel to the ground, though if a target such as an enemy or an object to damage is detected below the reticle, the player will change its aim direction up or down to aim to that element, to fire properly at it, but the rest of time, it will aim in parallel to the ground.

For a fixed camera style, the player will aim freely directly to the position detected below the screen reticle, without being parallel to the ground, like here, having a camera view style similar to old resident evil games:

And for the weapon direction, that is an element that I am going to improve, as it is due to the way the upper body rotation is applied on third person when aiming a weapon, being a combination of dynamic rotation of the spine bone and IK on the player, but I want to improve that part on the next update, adding also an animation posture for the upper body, to get a more stiliized aspect to most common third person shooter, like I posted a few days ago:

Along with this, the dynamic rotation of the bone is going to be improve, which will allow a more precise rotation of the player in that aim mode, in both third person and top down :)

Let me know what you think.

Regards.

MAVG, Kennth and Peppo87 like this.
  20. chrisabranch

chrisabranch

Can you make it easy to convert to HDRP? (effects like stealth)

sr388 likes this.
  21. sr388

sr388

Both URP and HDRP are totally compatible with GKC ;)

I am doing a couple of tutorial videos to use how to use each one with GKC, as it is very quick and easy.

Here a test I made with HDRP for example. The materials are properly converted, I used the last option to convert all materials in the project on unity 2020.2.6, with the option to include HDRP in the project on its creation. Also, when importing GKC, I unchecked all project settings, but TagsManager and InputManager (if you use gamepad) as the rest of settings are not needed.

The pink materials is due to some custom shaders, something that renderer pipelines in unity doesn't like in latest versions, but the shader graph allows to make shaders with similar effect to those in GKC, so you can either replace the previous shaders for elements like the player culling system to fade the player when the camera is close enough and similar shaders or disable the systems which use them.

Each system which uses a shader in GKC is just for visual effect and you can set a new shader for that element or disable. I had to make a couple of settings on the layers, as HDRP adds a couple of layers. I moved the layer gravityObjects to the last place in the list:

And put back the layer 8 and 9 in these positions, so the project has these two layers in their original places
    then, it was just a matter of set the layer "Not in Reflection" in the main camera of the player:

And set similar settings in the main camera of GKC with respect the default camera of HDRP example
    getting the results of the above video.

Let me know if you try this ;)

I will have both videos posted in a couple of hours, as I am editing them.

Regards.

22. BladeE

BladeE

But in your video about fixed camera style problem still present and shooting still ugly. o_O See my screenshot at this post for details. I'm already tired of showing the same thing on screenshots.

This is probably the right way to go. The important thing here is that the IK should adjusts to the weapon, not the weapon to the IK. Aiming is the most important part of your engine. More important than anything else.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    sr388 likes this.
  23. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have made tutorials to configure both URP and HDRP with GKC:

Of course, I have been also finishing more testing, checks, improvements and polish for the new version, so really productive day :)

Yes, don't worry, it is very planned to improve that part during the next update :)

Regards.

EN_Games, chrisabranch and Peppo87 like this.
  24. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have made new tutorial videos, one to show the setting of the initial camera for the start of the game (or for all the game duration):

And another to show the setting of the different rewards for the player when killing an AI or getting a mission complete, or any similar kind of situation:

Regards.

Kennth, Mark_01, EN_Games and 2 others like this.
  25. Mr_squiggle

Mr_squiggle

Hi I read that the feature of aim only forward, up and down in fixed directions, like old resident evil games instead of free aiming is coming to game kit controller. I was wondering what if that feature is coming in the upcoming 3.03 update or a later update? I'm slowly getting through the tutorials on game kit controller while trying to learn how to make an old school survival horror game and I'm having trouble with this feature. If it is coming I'll just wait and focus on working on the inventory and enemies for my game.

Also is there an option in the menu that can turn tank controls on and off for the player in game. Similar to modern day horror games like the resident evil remake?

sr388 likes this.
  26. sr388

sr388

Hi @Mr_squiggle.

Yes, the old resident evil aim style is planned to be added, on the next update 3.03-2 or 3.03-3, which are the two next after upcoming one, which is 3.03-1. The elements of the update 3.03-2 are already very planned and structured (most of them) so the development of that update should have a good speed, so maybe, it can be included on that one.

That type of aim would have 2 parts, the setting on the camera to only aim in 3 directions and the part for the weapons to use a parallel direction to the ground to be fired setting the current height of the weapon aimed (forward, up and down directions).

About the toggle of the tank controls, do you mean to being able to change it ingame with an input action, or through menus?

There is no an option to toggle it in run time, but it would be easy to add, as it would just a function call to the player camera component to set on or off the tank control, which is activated by the locked camera system when activating any locked view. So it could be called in any of those ways, by input or with a settings menu ingame.

Or maybe you mean to allow to change the locked camera view by a free third person, like the current view in the new resident evil remake games?

Let me know if what way would you use that toggle and I can help you to set that part in no time ;)

Regards.

27. Mr_squiggle

Mr_squiggle

Thanks :) looking forward to the upcoming updates. I'll get back to you on the toggle button the toggle button for the player (i'm referring to the locked view only but you can just move normally up and the other option to the tank controls) but I'll try and get a lot of my game done playable and done first and integrate it into the upcoming updates. I'm extremely slow with learning unity it'll probably be a while anyway lol. Sorry if my questions are poorly worded. I never realised until making games how specific you have to be since there are so many options and ways to do something.

Mark_01 and sr388 like this.
  28. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here examples of the rotation in locked camera (the camera direction can be adjusted to have any other type of perspective), allowing to rotate the camera to left and right separately through input First one is with fixed rotation of 90 to right and -90 to left:

Second one is rotation of 45 to right and -45 to left:

Happy to hear that :) Looking forward for your progress and nothing to sorry about, it is understandable to have question of that type and I am always glad to help in anything possible with the asset.

Regards.

29. runealdoo

runealdoo

Is it possible to make a second crosshair for just the gun? In that way when your player turns the two crosshairs must go into sync to shoot where looking? So basic one crosshair follow player view/direction and the other follow gun?

Long time since I worked with GKC forgot if it has a wave system? :)

sr388 likes this.
  30. sr388

sr388

Not sure 100% how that would be controlled exactly, is there any game example which uses that type of control? It would be useful to get a better idea of it.

About the wave system, it will be added soon, very probably in the next update. I wanted to include it on the current one (even more now that zombie AI examples has been added for this new version), but to avoid any more delays, it will be added on the next update ;)

I will show more about the zombie example in the next days.

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  31. runealdoo

runealdoo

Don't know of any so it could be a GKC exclusive! :D :p
    I was just thinking out loud. It was an idea that one crosshair follows the view point and the other was where the gun was acctualy pointing and where a shot would land if you hit fire button. Perhaps a stupid idea :)

sr388 likes this.
  32. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Good day of progress, I have been improving the code of the weapon system, to make it simpler and better, including its performance. Along with this, I have almost added the pooling system for the elements instantiated by the weapon system and it will be used for other elements, such as AI, pickups, vehicles, and anything else that can is usually an object instantiated multiple times per game, so the number of objects instantiated/destroyed is reduced as much as possible and managed to avoid garbage collection In the meantime,

I also made a test with the improved jetpack system and some gravity elements, to walk from one mini planet to another haha:

Haha, of course, no problem about the suggestions, they are always welcome ;) It kind of reminds me to the aim system of resident evil 4 or dead space, where there is no fixed reticle on the camera center.

Regards.

33. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

The new beta 2.0 is ready, so anyone who wants to give a try, send me a PM here on the forum, on discord or in the support email ;)

Also, here an example of different actions on the action system while the player remains in first person, so the camera switches to third person on each action and returns to first person once the action is complete:

Regards.

MorpheusXI, EN_Games, Razmot and 2 others like this.
  34. hopeful

hopeful

I still have unusual fondness for breaking glass. ;)

sr388 likes this.
  35. sr388

sr388

@hopeful , haha yeah, I know that fell.

1500131329826.gif

Btw, for the new beta, I am going to make a little explanation text today to use UMA with the asset, as it has been integrated, I will tell on the discord channel once is ready, to put the steps there, as those steps can be done with this beta already ;)

Also, I have removed the previous poll that was posted on this forum to see what future features people prefer first and I am going to make a new poll today.

I would like to ask to the people on the forum what would you like to see on the asset on next updates, so I can organize the poll based on those suggestions as well :)

Regards.

hopeful likes this.
  36. BladeE

BladeE

Accurate aiming system. GKC is impossible to use now.

37. hopeful

hopeful

Can't you make your own aiming system? I don't see anyone else complaining about this issue.

Kennth and Mark_01 like this.
  38. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been working more on a lot of code improvements while adding the pooling system, so that will allow a better performance in general, including the weapon system it self, the AI, the player and different components.

Also, I have improved the hierarchy of the different systems of the player, and organizing them by categories, alphabetic order, and if they are essential for the player to work properly or if they can be removed without problem if wanted, to make easier to locate them and customize, remove or disable them:

hierarchy_1.png

hierarchy_2.png

I have also moved there some components which were previously attached on the player controller gameObject, so this is allowing to have only the essential on him and have a cleaner and better organization in the asset :)

The improvement of the player movement on his upper body when using weapons in third person is very planned for the next update, don't worry. And I don't think that element makes the asset impossible to use, besides fire weapons, the asset has a lot of systems, elements and mechanics out of the box and ready to use.

Regards.

EN_Games, Kennth, Mark_01 and 3 others like this.
  39. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here some silly video with a test I made for a new ability example to summon minions:

Basically, it calls the spawn object system to drop any prefab into the scene, so not only with AI, but it can be used to summon any other object, like vehicles, fire weapons, pickups, melee weapons and any other object you can need and with any amount, one or higher. In this example, an option was configured to only being able to spawn 3 at a time.

They also attack each other due to there is "friendly fire" for the damage, which can be configured to be disabled on the same faction or leave it active on certain characters.

Regards.

hopeful and Kennth like this.
  40. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Homelander: "You are the real heroes"....5 seconds later, proceeds to slice everyone with his laser vision....

Another ability example idea I got and wanted to set, it was pretty straight forward and quick to set. Along with damage through the laser, this ability also activates the slice system, to cut objects and AI as well.

Regards.

41. chrisabranch

chrisabranch

will there be swimming and climbing in this update?

sr388 likes this.
  42. sr388

sr388

The swim system will be added on the next update after the new one and the climb system will be added in two different parts.

In the first part, it will be a free climb system, similar to breath of the wild, allowing to climb any type of surface freely (with options to set if a surface can't be climbed and the rest do or viceversa) and another one more similar to assassins creed.

That will be during the last updates of 3.0 series before moving to 4.0. In between these two climb systems, I want to finish the integration with the climbing system asset of the store, so each user can decide which of these climb system to use, those which will be available and working out of the box inside GKC or integrate a external solution like that asset.

This is the asset I mean:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/climbing-system-151612

Regards.

43. Razmot

Razmot

cool !
    That feature of the climbing asset will certainly make the integration easier :
    • Script-based animator: no explicit transitions.

sr388 likes this.
  44. BriBill

BriBill

Hello! First let me say again how much I love GKC! I find it very inspiring and there is so much to learn! I've been working toward adding new weapon assets using the "Create New Weapon" tool. It was going ok until I attempted to aim the weapon which didn't work. I'm sure this was user error on my part and I need to spend more time with it. Instead I tried to simply replace the meshes for the standard Shotgun and this worked pretty well for me. I do have one issue. It's not clear to me how to reposition the hands to hold the shotgun better. Take a look at the image and you'll see that the character's forward hand is off the slide. I was able to move her hand on the grip for a better fit, but the hand for the slide is a mystery to me. In first person view, the shotgun floats beyond the hands and I'm not sure how to reposition for a better fit there as well. Can you provide some guidance? Thank you so much.
    CaptureGKC.JPG

sr388 likes this.
  45. sr388

sr388

Hi @BriBill. Thank you very much for your kind words, it is truly appreciated to hear that :)

About the weapon, I think I know what happened in the first case. The shotgun has a transform inside the shotgun slide used as reference for the IK of the left hand, and when creating a new weapon, that transform reference was lost as it wasn't placed back in the weapon when the previous weapon meshes were removed.

This has been fixed for the upcoming update, placing that transform reference back inside the weapon, to be used for the IK of the left hand.

This is the element I mean:

upload_2021-3-30_20-59-40.png

And in reply to your second question, this is also the transform that you need to tweak to place the player's hand in a better position, as it is used on the IK, configured in the hands info on the IK Weapon System component of that weapon.

In this video you can see ho each position reference on a weapon can be customized easily, to place there reference transform used to aim, draw, holster, recoil, etc...

About the weapon floating in first person, that sounds like the layers/tags on the asset are not properly configured or have been changed or overwritten at some point. Did you import some asset which contains projects settings after importing GKC?

In first person, the layer "weapon" is used to render the weapon meshes and arms in first person in a secondary camera, used to avoid clipping with the weapon mesh on the scene. And the layer of the weapon meshes are toggled ingame when the view changes to first person or vice versa.

Let me know if you try this and if you have any issue/doubt with it. I can help you in a remote session if you need it too :) Send me a PM here on the forum, on discord or in the support email in order to take a better look at your project, so it is sorted out and you can keep working on it ;)

Regards.

BriBill likes this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Very good day of progress and more elements finished and checked. In the meantime here another example of the ability system, this time, spawning a different element than friendly AI :

Regards.

Mark_01, EN_Games and hopeful like this.
  47. Zax2015

Zax2015

I have a question about Third to First person transitions. I have replaced Ethan with Izzy using the create character feature. Everything went pretty smooth accept for weapons positions. It was tricky but thanks to your tutorial I figured out how to adjust the first person weapon positions. For some reason Third person worked fine but all first person weapons are located way above player. I had to bring them and the arms down while running the game then do the copy paste procedure and that worked. Now I just have to do that for ALL the weapons lol. But my problem is that in First Person The camera positions just behind the players head. I have tried to play with every camera/ reference point I could find but none seem to move the first person camera or weapon camera. My old controller would remove the third person model from the scene (Turning the vis off I believe) whenever transitioning to first just to get it out of the way. Is there any way to do that here or is there some setting I am missing.

Long story short when I go into First person I still see the back of Izzy's head. Any suggestions how to fix that? And just in case I am missing a step is there a way to move ALL the first person weapon positions to match the Rifle position I just fixed or do I need to repeat that procedure for each weapon?

Thanks for any help.
    Zax

sr388 likes this.
  48. BriBill

BriBill

Regards.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed. I was able to reposition the hands and it looks great! I'll need to dig in deeper to adjust the thumb.

The bigger issue I'm having now is what you wrote about the first person view of the shotgun. How would I go about including it for the weapons layer when switching to third person. I can see the layer names change in preview game mode but it seems to all happen at runtime. Looking at the prefabs for all of the weapons in your demo, I don't see anything that woud indicate how they become included in that layer change.

sr388 likes this.
  49. sr388

sr388

Hi @Zax2015.

That sounds strange, as the weapons position in first person shouldn't need almost no tweak, at least not that much. I could take a look at your settings to see if there is some missing step or something that can be configured to have the weapons in first person as you need ;)

About the 3d meshes, yes, this is probably your model has multiple meshes besides the main skinned render. There is a feature to configure extra meshes, so they are hidden properly in first person, you can see it better:

Let me know your results if you try this, no rush.

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed. I was able to reposition the hands and it looks great! I'll need to dig in deeper to adjust the thumb.

The bigger issue I'm having now is what you wrote about the first person view of the shotgun. How would I go about including it for the weapons layer when switching to third person. I can see the layer names change in preview game mode but it seems to all happen at runtime. Looking at the prefabs for all of the weapons in your demo, I don't see anything that woud indicate how they become included in that layer change.[/QUOTE]

Happy to hear that :)

Abou thumb or finger positions, there is a setting in IK weapon system to configure an animation ID for each hand to use an animation posture on them, so accoding to each weapon, you can make hands to put them into a grip position, to hold the weapon more realistic.

You can see an example here:

About the weapons in first person, the main player weapons manager has a string field with the layers default and weapon configured in the inspector, so in third person/first person change of view, each of these layers are used to render the weapons back and forward on each view, setting that ingame on the current weapon that the player is carrying at that moment (or when draw/holster them).

It sounds like either the layers are not properly imported, changed in order or maybe something else that is causing that, but it is easy to check and get it fixed through a remote session.

So yeah, I would recommend to send me a PM, so I can take a better look and help you to get it working properly in no time, I am available at any moment to help, so let me know :)

Regards.

BriBill, Mark_01 and Peppo87 like this.
  50. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an option on the health bar management system to show the info of the object in the screen directly, similar to how dark souls does it (the second bar is the shield force amount, which avoids damage until is empty):

This allows to also keep showing the other health bars which follow each object on the screen, and also, it will target the closest object to the screen center which has enable the option to show on the top bar of the screen instead of an icon following the objects position:

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.