Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.0%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.1%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.5%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.6%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.4%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. magique

magique

Has 2.4d been submitted to the store yet? Or, if not, can we get early access by providing you with Invoice in PM?

sr388 and neodotca like this.
  2. neodotca

neodotca

What are the latest news about the animations and 3d model?

Do you plan to work on new enemies? like a non-biped, maybe a monster?

Or what about an idea that i had long time ago, where you mount an enemy turret on a vehicle?

3. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

According to sr388 turrets should work off the bat... just place one on a vehicle.

neodotca likes this.
  4. neodotca

neodotca

Sorry if i wasn't enough clear, i was talking about an A.I enemy turret, mounted on a vehicle, that can chase and attack the player.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  5. sr388

sr388

No, it hasn't been uploaded yet. I need a few more time to finish this update. About early access, sure, but some stuff needs to be done first, like update some prefabs and finish some elements on different scenes demos (there are more types of gameplay now, like top down view, point & click and 2.5d mode), so need to check them first. I will tell here when the access to the version can be done to know who want to try it.

The animations go slower that I would like, but the first wave of them (which are related to a regular third person controller and to improve the player's movement) should be ready for next update after the current 2.4d.

About enemies, yes, they are planned as well, but before that, I want to keep improving the humanoids behavior first, to include better response, more actions, know more about the enviroment and their allies around to make strategies, make them able to jump between gaps on the nav meshes, etc....

I need to check that, but the best solution will be add its own targeting system to the current weapons on vehicles, and using the interface vehicle, you will be able to set the weapons on auto shot mode or manual.

AI for vehicles will be started soon (in fact the auto drive system for vehicles was started some months ago and it already worked) but this will be improved and extended to weapons and once that is done, biped characters will be able to "drive" vehicles and pursuit its target and shoot at him.

EDIT: I forgot to say that the closest thing to new enemies that will be added is animals, at first, configured as AI pets for the player and other npcs, to go with them and attack enemies, along with give them orders, like happens now with the player and AI friends.

This animal (which first will be a kind of wolf), will be able to go on their own and be a faction itself. Also, the player will be able to control this animal like any other vehicle, being able to transform into it at will, similar to link in twilight princess.

This will be started at the same time that the melee combat systems and its animations.

Regards.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Mark_01, magique, tgamorris76 and 4 others like this.
  6. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Have you considered getting a third party solution for simpler AI. I use emerald AI and AI designer pro to create simpler AI like that for herds, i also use it for vehicles(emerald AI has integration to GKC for instance, so recognises the tag system easily.) I use the AI to control the vehicle and i use the turret prefab(with slight mods to aesthetic :)to attack the player. Even thought of putting a static humanoid model and an open turret model to replace the prefabs meshes to simulate a Enemy behind a mounted machine gun on the back of a truck and it works a charm.)

Mark_01 and neodotca like this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Quick update progress.

I have been working on improve the weapons movements and feeling. For this, I have added options to configure a new position when the player is running on first person along with a different fov value.

Also, there is another option to detect weapon collision on close surfaces in first person, setting a new position for the weapon, but unlike the option of collision in third person, the player can shoot in first person with a close surface to the weapon.

Finally, there is another option to configure a jump start and jump end position to move up and down the weapon when the player jumps and lands on first person, with different speed for every transition (there are three, on the jump start, on the jump end and another to place the weapon to the regular walk position).

Also, for third person, you can configure a new position for the weapon when the player is walking.

All these options, like the previous one, are dynamic and only needs to place the transform used as points to rotate and translate the weapon to its next position, so it doesn't needs any animation to work, all is made in real time. And of course works with any weapon and all these option can be used or not, depending of how you prefer the weapon movement.

Here some gifs:

weapons improved 2.gif

weapons improved 3.gif

weapons improved 4.gif

weapons improved 7.gif

On this video you can see better the difference between the previous movement and the new one.

Hope you like it.

Yeah, in the meantime for the AI on vehicles, that could be useful.

Regards.

8. neodotca

neodotca

Yeah, i already use "Emerald", probably the easiest one to integrate to any project. I tried "Ice Creature" but not sure if it can do anything more or different that "Emerald" already do. I'm also counting a lot on the "Built in" A.I of GKC to bring a more unique and realistic feel.

I'm really looking for a more advance and personalized A.I., any suggestion? I might need to hire someone for that. Thanks for letting me know about your tips!

9. magique

magique

What kind of features are you looking to add? My suggestion would be to take Emerald AI and extend it to do the additional things you want. One thing you can do is use other tools like Playmaker to guide the flow of AI and give you more possibilities.

neodotca likes this.
  10. neoshaman

neoshaman

Or if you want to do it yourself, you can take "inspiration" by doing "research" by looking into their manual to see how they function ... It will help you broke down functionality. And research in their forums can help you knowing what features people want and expect.

neodotca likes this.
  11. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Look for AI Designer Pro on asset store... uses a tag based system and might need a few tweaks but usually for damage application. If you use it for vehicles and use the turret prefab from GKC you wouldnt have to worry about apply damage integration. I use it for cars and planes. Cars works better.

neodotca likes this.
  12. sr388

sr388

Good new everyone.

From today until the end of the month, GKC has a 30% off, being only 28 dollars (22 if you are unity pro/plus user) for its third anniversay on the store.

Like I always said, fly you fools.

This is not the update 2.4d, it is not ready yet, I am not sure for users of the asset if it will appear as a new version or not, since only metadata of the asset store page has been changed, the rest is still being 2.4c.

I haven't tried too much AI solutions from the store, but behavior desginer could be useful besides emerald.

The AI of GKC will be improved in next updates, you can be sure of that.

Exactly. that always helps a lot, not only with other assets, but with games in general. Mark brown channel is a good example for the AI to know how is made in different games along with GDC channel.

Btw, I have been thinking about the possession of character and other elements could be made on GKC (similar to mario oddisey to control them by input like the regular player), not only with characters, but vehicles, turrets, and any object non static (having a rigidbody) and I have a certain way to do it quick and easily, so maybe that will be included in the upcoming update.

Regards.

Mark_01, tgamorris76 and neodotca like this.
  13. neodotca

neodotca

I will try to push "Emerald" farther and take a look at "Behavior designer", thanks to all for your advice.

If i were you, i 'd just call the new version 2.4d and the next one after 2.4e
    or simply 2.4c1, to avoid confusion with the previous version.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    tgamorris76 likes this.
  14. neoshaman

neoshaman

Yes but no!

Mark brown is good to give high level overview and principle to consider about WHY you should do stuff.

It doesn't tell you HOW and WHAT to do, how to organize and code to achieve the desired effects, nor it highlight the building bock needed. For example you need to consider many needs and what they have in common to devise an AI "system", what parameters, how to organize them, etc ...

for example fighting character is different from ecology AI, background life or social character, just to pick a few, and some one is already asking for herding behavior for wildlife AI above ...

sr388 likes this.
  15. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Hi sr388, just wondered if there was a way to keep the settings for previous player when updating to a new version of GKC?

neodotca likes this.
  16. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

And congratulation's on the anniversary, it's a brilliant asset :)

neodotca, hopeful and sr388 like this.
  17. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Also if i want to add more speed settings(toggle able preferably) than the current high and slow and boost? I would like to add a cruise speed setting thats somewhere between high and low(i leave low really low for landing).

18. sr388

sr388

In a new store update only metadata is changed, version shouldn't be modified, only if the content of the packaget itself has been modified, but yeah, my bad, sorry for the possible confusion (it is the first personal sale I have made ever :p).

Yes, you are right, that wasn't the best way to say it. I was telling more in the meaning of a game needs, of how the systems are achieved on those games which actually good or what makes a game is a good game or related to its mechanics. The chanel doesn't explain nothing on pseudo code or similar. But it is useful to get ideas and organize them properly according to what game you would like to make, or to study actual games and find better the best parts or its strong features/systems.

Thanks men, I can't believe it is already 3 years, it has passed very quickly.

That could depends on the content of the update. For example, if the new elements are just internal modifications or improvements of code without external fields for other elements in the scene (lets say an UI element, a gameObject like an emtpy transform as a reference point, etc...) in that case you would only need to use the option in the character creator to not remove the current player and to keep his settings.

But if the content of the update use new elements, like for example the wheel weapon selection, which use different new elements of the UI, the modifications on the inventory, the new map systems features and options, transform elements as reference points on weapons positions, ..... In that case, there is not an easy way to keep the settings, since the inspector fields and values have changed, and even new components have been added.

So in this case, the solution would be to create a new character with your model and reconfigure those values modified or add and set every new component added to the player (this second option is maybe too dificult since there could be a few elements to configure just in one inspector).

But I think that there is no a better way to do this not on this asset, but any similar to this, according to the extension of a new update. Or at least, I haven't been able to find the best way to simplify as much as possible the transition between updates for this kind of assets (of course, other asset can make a better job at this according to what they do exactly, the most focused on one task, the easier should be to update and vice versa).

If anyone has an idea of how this could be improved, please tell me.

This could be made with the new interface system for vehicles. For example adding a scrollbar to configure the current speed of the ship, to have even a bigger control on the speed you want to set, not only low, medium and high (though three buttons could be added in this interface to set it, that would be up to you). Along with that, the ship would need a couple of functions to receive that info and adjust its max or current speed according to it.

Regards.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    Wetw0rx, neodotca and tgamorris76 like this.
  19. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

"Also if i want to add more speed settings(toggle able preferably) than the current high and slow and boost? I would like to add a cruise speed setting thats somewhere between high and low(i leave low really low for landing)."

"This could be made with the new interface system for vehicles. For example adding a scrollbar to configure the current speed of the ship, to have even a bigger control on the speed you want to set, not only low, medium and high (though three buttons could be added in this interface to set it, that would be up to you). Along with that, the ship would need a couple of functions to receive that info and adjust its max or current speed according to it."

so new interface gives those as options no need to edit code?

20. sr388

sr388

No, the interface use unity events to work, so the functions to call need to exist first. This system allows to call functions sending also parameters, like string, float and bools (and more type of variables can be added in new udpates).

So the vehicle would need a function that could configure the current amount of velocity that is using and the scrollbar on the interface would call that function sending the velocity according to the max value and current value of that scrollbar (or slider, getting the percentage value selected in that UI element). Same would be for example for buttons for low, medium and high speed.

Regards.

tgamorris76 and danreid70 like this.
  21. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

I like the slider idea, empowers the player better. Cant wait for the next update :)

sr388 likes this.
  22. neodotca

neodotca

Sorry, i thought it was a new version :oops:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  23. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

The fact that this is all done by the inspector rather than animations is actually astounding. Very nice job!

PS, I've been a regular in this project forum for a while looking for a jump-on chance, and I think the 30% is a nice incentive. Just purchased it! Can't wait for visual armor/multiplayer!

Question: Does the jump start and jump end work with the double jump as well?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    neodotca likes this.
  24. sr388

sr388

Yeah, a lot of actions can be added into the interface system, I am even thinking a damage system to show the state of every part of a ship and show how much damage every part has received (similar to a scheme of the vehicle with color codes).

The update 2.4d will be ready soon. I am working as fast as possible on it. And there is a new system very cool that is almost ready. I will show it very soon.

It is about goddamn time....just kidding. Thank you very much for your purchase @JMyerscough. I like this kind of systems which doesn't require animations to work, it is really interesting to find ways to achieve them, allowing to learn more and find new tricks.

About the jump start and end, the initial version of this works with the first jump of the player and when he lands on the ground. What the first jump makes is to move the weapon to the jump start position. How does the next jumps would look? I didn't think about the extra jump settings to the weapons movement. Maybe add a little extra offset to the current position for every extra jump until a limit?

Regards.

tgamorris76 likes this.
  25. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Lovely idea about the damage states

26. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Are you planning on adding a form of radar?

27. neodotca

neodotca

I have a character that speak when the player enter his trigger zone, the audio file start playing and if the player doesn't move everything is going well.

But if the player move outside the trigger zone and come back in the trigger zone, the file start playing again and now the file plays over the other.

So i want that audio file to play until the end, before it can be played again. I need a code that will prevent the audio file to be played if it's already playing, if someone could help me with that, thanks!

28. sr388

sr388

Do you mean for vehicles, or to use it in any moment in the game? What would be the difference with the current map system which already shows the enemies on the level?

I want to add a 3d radar on vehicles to show enemies and similar stuff, but I haven't find the best way to achieve it yet.

With something like this, it should work:

Code (CSharp):
    2. OnTriggerEnter(Collider col){
    3. if(collider.gameObject.tag =="Player"){
    4. audioSource.PlayOneShot(characterClip);
    5. }
    6. }
    Also, make sure that the audio source component has the loop and play awake options disabled.

Btw, the new feature that I wanted to show is almost ready, only the easiest part is the one to finish. This feature is the possession system (or override system which is the name used on the scripts), which allows to possess and control literally anything, from vehicles, turrets, characters and any object dragable on the level.

The only element to make the control is the dragable objects, which only would need an override emtpy prefab for the camera and the input control.

This new system has barely needed code, since most of the elements, functions and system were already present in the asset, just a couple of additions to set the different states and little more stuff and like I thought, it has taken very little time to make it.

There are two ways to activate this ability, use a new power added in the powers manager by aiming and "shooting" to the object to control or use the smartphone and take a picture of that object to possess (both actions call the same function in a new override element system, so you can call this ability from others places if you need it).

When the player controls another character, he can do the actions which that character can do, like shooting or use the close combat. Also, similar to dishonored, you can attack to enemies of the same faction and they will only attack to that partner, instead of the player, so it is an ability really useful to avoid direct combat.

For vehicles, I have added also a new option to make the player able to drive it remotely, without the player physically inside the vehicle when he use the interaction button on it. So for example, you can drive or attack enemies without worry the player dies if the vehicle is attacked or destroyed. But if you stop the remote control, the player will still being in the place where this control started.

I have even made a reduced scale prefab of the car vehicle to make a remote control car style (with even a lower camera positions, for a better feeling of being small), to test this control too. I still configuring the values on the wheel colliders, but the car works without problem.

Also, there is an option to hide the player while the possession/override is active, so in that case, when it finished, the player will appear close to the object controlled.

If an object controlled by the player dies or is destroyed, the control is disabled and the camera is translated back to the player, with smooth transitions when the possession starts and ends. Also, to end it, just press the interaction button once.

Also, an option on the smartphone will be added to leave the camera looking at its screen which will show the view of the controlled object, like he is actually using that smartphone as a controller in the possession (did I said possession too many times?).

I will make a video and gifs tomorrow once the last part is finished and a few elements related to this system are improved/finished.

Regards.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    Wetw0rx, neodotca, Mark_01 and 2 others like this.
  29. Mark_01

Mark_01

How might the ability or device at a certain level if you wanted .. this ability would give the player
    the ability to summon a vehicle to the player position, if out side. Idk if this is a good idea or not,
    for other users as well, as a general use case.

30. neodotca

neodotca

Thanks but it's not working, getting this error >>

Assets/SCRIPT/Audio_Play.cs(12,13): error CS0619: `UnityEngine.Component.collider' is obsolete: `Property collider has been deprecated. Use GetComponent<Collider>() instead. (UnityUpgradable)'
    =================================
    My previous code was working, but could only play the audio file ones when set to "true", the problem is that if the player comes back a minute later, the audio file cannot be played anymore. When set to false, it's not working either, the file get repeated >>

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    5. public class Audio_Play : MonoBehaviour {
    6.    public AudioClip soundClip;
    7.    bool alreadyUsed;
    9.    void OnTriggerEnter(Collider col){
    10.        if(!alreadyUsed){
    11.            if(col.tag == "Player"){
    12.                GetComponent<AudioSource>().PlayOneShot(soundClip);
    13.                alreadyUsed = true;
    14.            }
    15.        }
    16.    }
    17. }

31. sr388

sr388

When you say how might, do you mean how to add restrains for it, to configure which characters/objects can be controlled or what not? For it, there is a layermask to find by a raycast the character to control, so you can remove vehicles, or npcs, or the rest. Also, another component could be added to certain characters/objects to allow or not to be controlled, to have more configuration over which one is able to be controlled and which doesn't.

The main idea of this ability is to be used as a way to keep moving on the level, or make a certain action which the player can't do by itself (similar to mario oddisey), to avoid contact with the enemy (similar to dishonored), to have a tool to "hack" devices in the level for example using the smartphone to control a security camera (similar to watch dogs), etc....

The ability to summon could be the way to use certain tools, for example a flying drone to investigate a place, similar to watch dogs 2.

There are a lot more of situations and uses for this system (in fact, I will make a list because I don't find more examples right now, but there is for sure a lot more).

My bad, I didn't write the code properly (maybe the due to sleep issues xd).

I have not clear one thing, do you want the sound to be played every time the player enters into the trigger, avoiding to play it again if the sound is already being played, it is that the case?

Regards.

neodotca and Mark_01 like this.
  32. neodotca

neodotca

That is exactly that, i want the audio file to be played every time the player enters the trigger zone, except if it is already playing.

I should have said it like that in the first place :rolleyes:
    Sweet dreams! ;)

sr388 and Mark_01 like this.
  33. sr388

sr388

Hi @neodotca.

Sorry for the time to reply. The last days have been crazy at home due to there is a lot of people here for vacation and it is really difficult to focus and even find a place to work properly (and on top of that this killing summer right here.....haha).

Tomorrow I will post the code for the sound.

Also, I have finished all the stuff related to the possession/override control system and a couple more of features for weapons and player's movements. I have part of the videos already recorded, they will be finished and uploaded tomorrow.

Regards.

Mark_01 and neodotca like this.
  34. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

Please go in depth about the weapon and movement features :D

sr388 likes this.
  35. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Haha sure. Time to show the new content (after half day without internet connection -.-). Sorry for the time to show these new features, but I think the wait will worth it. First the melee attack option for weapons.

As the name says, this option allows to make a melee attack with the current weapon on first and third person. It contains options to configure the position where the weapon is moved during the attack, the speed of movement forward and backward, a delay between these movements, the raycast distance to find objects to damage and the position of the raycast, the radius of the sphere cast to find multiple objects to damage and the damage amount.

Also, it allows to configure a camera shake, apply force to any rigidbody found, if the force is also applied to vehicles and the amount and play sounds for a surface found on impact or a sound on the air.

Here a couple of gifs:
    melee attack.gif

melee attack2.gif

melee attack3.gif

And here the video:

I have to record the rest of the player's movements and the possession system. Later today, I will post that videos here too (make these videos are good also to make more test and find elements to improve or fix for these new systems).

Regards.

Wetw0rx, tgamorris76, Mark_01 and 3 others like this.
  36. Mark_01

Mark_01

Thank you for implementing the melee! :) Hoping for bow and arrow , and wand thingy for magic :D
    I know , sorry to push .. :oops:

StevenPicard and sr388 like this.
  37. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

Yessss!!! I love the melee!

Are there plans for a melee weapon? I have ideas as to how it can work

sr388 likes this.
  38. sr388

sr388

Yeah, in fact I made this system thinking in expand it to add melee weapons. No worries for push it up.

Haha thanks men. I added it for the update because I find a quick way to do it in almost no time.

Yes, it is planned too. What I haven't thinking yet the best way to add it, since for third and first person usually the system is slighty different, according to how the system is made (some use the same animations, others use separated for every view).

And due to I haven't added the full body awareness yet, the system won't use the same animations. But even with it, for first person it is neccessary fo avoid the player of the body to clip throught the camera, so the best solution is just animate the arms in first person.

So it is possible that for third person, the system will use animations, to have a proper melee combat system and make a kind of mix between animations and waypoint/spline system as a path to move weapons and make its movement. And even with it, I will like to have some kind of IK, to have a better control over these actions to make it more customizable.

I don't know if I explain properly, there is a lot of elements to think and take into account with this kind of systems.

And yes, tell me about your idea, any suggestion/help/ideas for the asset is always welcome.

Btw, the internet connection problems I had yesterday is worse today (I haven't internet connection and a technician has to come to fix it in a couple of days -.-), so for now, I can't upload more videos, though I have some 3g connection data, so I can keep checking the forum and emails without relative problems.

Regards.

39. closetgeekshow

closetgeekshow

Has this system been tested on Xbox One? Any idea if it works?

40. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Goes through unity so should do. Xbox one is one of unity's paid for outputs

41. sr388

sr388

Hi @closetgeekshow.

I haven't made tests with xbox (haven't tried to compile on that platform due to I haven't the console itself or the development version). But if I am not wrong, xbox is not compatible with binary format, which is the current system used to save and load files with info about the game, storing data related to weapons, inventory, the game itself, etc..., so that would be the element that should be modified to make it work on that platform.

I have planned to change the binary format system for json, to extend its functionality.

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  42. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

There are two major types of melee systems: Ones like Zelda where each swing propels you forward, and ones like Skyrim where you feel like you're swinging into open air and there's no character movement involved. I just think a system, whether it's 3rd or 1st person regardless of the animation system, should be more like Zelda where you have player movement per swing, up to a 3 hit combo.

https://imgur.com/fwZvoNc

sr388 likes this.
  43. closetgeekshow

closetgeekshow

Excellent, I'll leave this in my wishlist for now but thank you for your prompt reply. Looks like you have an excellent system already but I plan to make a thing for PC and also Xbox. Do you have a general ETA on when the splitscreen features may appear?

sr388 likes this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Yes, they are usually the systems used for this kind of games. The idea is to combine both, so in third person, the player is moved during these animations according to how they are made and in first person, usually the player is not translated (or at least, not as much as third person) to avoid to lost control over the player's movement.

Though, maybe there is some game in first person where the player follows the animaiton movement in first person, maybe for a more frenetic experience, it someone knows anything which does this, please, tell here.

Btw, what game is that on the gif?

Thanks @closetgeekshow for your comment and interest in the asset. Just to know it, the asset is on sale right now until the end of the month with a 30% off (45 for unity pro/plus) for its third anniversary, though the title of this forum already says it haha, so no more spam about it.

About the splitscreen, it should be ready before the end of the summer (most of the considerations to have multiple players on the same level are already done), very probably to be included for the update 2.4e, after the current one, 2.4d, which is already on process, but close to be finished.

Regards.

neodotca likes this.
  45. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Looks like Destiny 2

46. joeyether40

joeyether40

Hey, I just bought the asset and so far I think it is great. I am just having a little difficulty getting started. I am new to this and do not find the tutorials you mentioned. Where can I find them. Oh yes, I am adding this system to a game that I already have in progress, can you use your own vehicles instead of the one with the kit?

47. sr388

sr388

Hi @joeyether40.

Thanks for your purchase and interest in the asset.

The only tutorials for now is the documentation in the asset, which is not totally complete and is currently in process (more content will be added for the udpate 2.4d which will be complete soon). There are a couple of video tutorials I made some time ago, but they are outdated. Once the documentation is finished, video tutorials will be started.

What difficulties are you having? If you want, you can send me a PM or a message to the support email (you can find it in the doc file), or tell it here, as you prefer.

About vehicles, yes you can use your own. this asset is made to be easy to add new type of vehicles, by adding the code of its controller into a template script, so the vehicle controller is managed in that new code, leaving the rest of elements of the vehicle (health, fuel, damage detection, seats info and passengers, weapons, camera, etc....) managed by the rest of components in GKC.

Though for this, some code knowledge is required to add your vehicle controller code to that template script, which is used to set the current state of the vehicle related to if it is being driven or not. I can help with this if you need.

If you have more elements that you want to use from your own vehicles, like your camera, damage detection, seats, etc... that would require a longer modification in the code. But take into account that the managements in the vehicle system in GKC is very complete and customizable, so I would advice you to make the first option.

Tell me what you think.

Regards.

48. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

ON the subject of vehicles, was investigating the jump feature on the car and would like to as if it's possible to add rocket boosters that light up when you hit the jump key. Similar to how the boost works on the airplane or the jump pack.

Mark_01 and sr388 like this.
  49. neodotca

neodotca

There's another way around to do it, if like me, you are more a designer than a coder. Basically, you will integrate your vehicle to the kit vehicle. Let say you have your own motorcycle, so you will start by placing your motorcycle directly over the motorcycle kit in the editor, after that, start placing the different part of your motorcycle in the same place in the hierarchy of the kit motorcycle.

For example, add the front wheel object of your motorcycle and place it at the same place in the hierarchy of the motorcycle kit where the front wheel is. You do that for all the necessary parts of your motorcycle. At the end you just disable the mesh or prefabs of the motorcycle kit that you don't want to see, adjust the colliders, the scripts will still be there and work. That technique needs a lot of adjustments and might not work with all vehicles, but so far so good, it's a kind of a re-skin job.

Mark_01, sr388, hopeful and 1 other person like this.
  50. sr388

sr388

Yes, in fact, yesterday I added an option in the car to impulse it in its up direction while holding the jump button.

What you have said has made me thinking about add another option to set an empty transform at the bottom of the vehicle as a reference point. This transform would be rotated using the input for the vehicle to move it while is on the air, and its direction would be used to know the direction of the force applied.

Like this a vehicle can use a kind of rocket to impulse in 4 directions on the air. Consider it since it is very easy and quick to add.

Now that I think about it, maybe I misunderstood the question for vehicles, and @joeyether40 was talking about use his own 3d model for the vehicle, rather than any controller script. Sorry if this is what you were asking, my bad.

In this case, like @neodotca said, it is a matter of replace the 3d meshes of any prefab with your model/models. It is very easy, just a matter of check the hierarchy (all the vehicles have the same structure), all the meshes are stored in the same transform, to allow to set your meshes quickly. After that, just configure the seats info, which use a serie of empty transforms as reference points for the IK of the player, a gizmo options allows to see easily where every limb and body part is placed.

Same goes for wheels. And yes, wheel colliders are a little pain in the ass sometimes.

upload_2018-7-27_21-25-43.png

Mmm, I see.

Btw @JMyerscough, I added the option to assign and show icons on the picked objects, for any kind of pickup (ammo, inventory, weapons, health, fuel, etc.....) so the player can pick objects with or without icons at the same time, adjusting the text and images positions properly in the screen.

I will record the video for the new couple of movements for the player and try to do the possession video too.

Regards.