Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.7%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.2%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.5%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

loving the AI behaviour :)

sr388 likes this.
  2. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

So I ran into a little issue with vehicle weapons. When using the cannon or seeker missiles, if you shoot and hit nothing, the explosion loops forever. If you hit something it acts normally. Small thing but very annoying. If there is a quick fix for it plz let me know. The AI improvements look great btw.

sr388 likes this.
  3. Razmot

Razmot

For your node system investigation, I found this yesterday :

https://github.com/Siccity/xNode (or https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/104276)

It's free and open source, MIT Licenses (So you could include it directly in gkc, or just get inspiration from it)

- The code seems clean and well organized, not too much classes, not bloated
    - the project is recent (7 months), 4 contributors for now, very active
    - It's Editor only (The node edition classes are not in included in the built game, the runtime is well separated from the edit time)
    - There is a separate dialogue project as an example

Then I found this alternative (same thing, MIT License)
    https://github.com/Seneral/Node_Editor_Framework
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/simple-node-editor.189230/#post-2134738

- The code is more complex / lots of feature / more bloat
    - project started in May 2015, 25 Contributors, still very active
    - Includes Runtime (play mode) edition (which explains the added complexity) webgl demo

Hope it helps !

Personally I would be very happy if you sr388 just use or even become a contributor on one of these projects instead of rewriting everything - writing from scratch a node system for a character controller seems a bit too much, whereas writing your own custom Dialogue system based on a community Node system seems to me the sweet spot of reuse vs loss of freedom !

The unity ecosystem is lacking in community efforts I think, compared to the Unreal ecosystem where people do community projects and full assets done in youtube tutorials (monetized with ads, which is very clever ! )

Wetw0rx and tgamorris76 like this.
  4. sr388

sr388

Thanks men.

Thanks for telling me that, it would be related with the raycast used to check the surface. I will fix it.

Thanks for showing me these systems. I found in the last days the Node Editor Framework, but it seems really complex and with some limits in the node connections (I think that due to its initial design, you can't connect multiple outputs to the same input, which wouldn't allow to make dialogs with different branchs, thought I wanted to check more about it to know if this can be fixed or there is a solution or I did something wrong).

Of course, I checked the licenses (MIT both which is really great) and in the case of use one of theses, I would ask first to the developers to get their consent. Like you said, write a whole node editor for a controller would take a lot of time, so if a free system can be added and modified/improved, that would be perfect.

About unity community, I think most of it try to help as much as possible, but I get your point with whole projects and assets.

Regards.

Mark_01 and tgamorris76 like this.
  5. ChillyMcChill

ChillyMcChill

Is there a way to disable Final IK's Full Body Biped IK component on the player controller whenever I ragdoll?

My player controller glitches out into a T pose and gets stuck in the ground when it ragdolls. This was also an issue with Invector's controller and the solution was to disable the Full Body Biped IK component as well as disable the FootIK child object that contains the Grounder FBBIK component.

My problem is I relied on a community script for that ; it did exactly what I described above

Any help on this is appreciated

6. sr388

sr388

Hi @AyyliensRule.

Do you mean you are using Final IK with the character right? Of course, you can disable or pause that component. I would do that in the ragdoll activator script (attached in the Player Controller gameobject), in the functions die() and damageToFall() which are the one used to activate the ragdoll state when a character is pushed, receives a certain amount of damage, die, etc....

For example you would have something like this in ragdoll activator:

Code (CSharp):
    3. finaIKFootSystem currentFinaIKFootSystem;
    5. void Start()){
    7. currentFinaIKFootSystem = GetComponent<finaIKFootSystem>();
    9. }
    11. void die(){
    12. //I don't know if Final IK has some pause and resume functions, in other case, set the enabled varaible to true o false
    13. currentFinaIKFootSystem.pauseIKFoot();
    15. //rest of code of die function
    16. }
    18. void getUp(){
    19. currentFinaIKFootSystem.resumeIKFoot();
    21. //rest of code of getUp function
    22. }
    If getUp gives any problem with foots before the get up animations is finished place the resumeIKFoot function at the end of the update function, here:

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (currentState == ragdollState.animated && enableBehaviour) {
    2.             stateInfo = anim.GetCurrentAnimatorStateInfo (3);
    3.             if (stateInfo.fullPathHash != belly && stateInfo.fullPathHash != back) {
    4.                 //allow the scripts work again
    5.                 gravityManager.death (false);
    6.                 powersManager.death (false);
    7.                 playerManager.changeScriptState (true);
    8.                 enableBehaviour = false;
    9.                 canMove = true;
    10.                 if (usedByAI) {
    11.                     SendMessage (pauseOrPlayCharacterFunction, false);
    12.                 }
    13.                 healthManager.setSliderVisibleState (true);
    14. currentFinaIKFootSystem.resumeIKFoot();
    15.             }
    16.         }
    This will enable Final IK Foot once he player gets up.

Tell me if this works or not.

Regards.

7. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Another quick update.

Yesterday, I was a little tired and I took the day free....until I started to test a closet and drawer system xd. So here it is:

closet3.gif

closet4.gif

closet5.gif

It allows to configure different doors to open and close, by moving or rotating them (the system is very similar to the door system, configuring the position or the rotation of the elements to move). Also, I have improved the use devices system with an option to select which elements will show and activate the interaction button by looking at them with a raycast.

Any kind of object can be placed on it: inventory, weapons, pickups, etc...

The objects placed inside these closets will be manage by them, showing or hiding the interaction buttons of these objects and moving the objects inside the drawers (due to, until the closet or the drawer is opened, the object inside it is disabled and can't be grabbed by the player).

This could be use to more horror/survival/adventure game style, which I want to enhance in the asset too.

Here the video:

Regards.

hopeful, Mark_01, Bob3000 and 4 others like this.
  8. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Ooooh! Thats going to be handy :) I already see locker rooms as far as the eye can see

sr388 likes this.
  9. Bob3000

Bob3000

That drawer system is a very nice addition to our game, we use third person only so it won't zoom this close, but should be OK. I wish I could simply "one right mouse click" to arm plus aim, instead of now have to go through Y, because its just convenient in a fire fight as well as examine things such as drawers.

Good stuff!

sr388 likes this.
  10. sr388

sr388

Oh yes, lockers, I will add them too (which is basically a closet with only one door xd). Also, now that I think, a mechanic to hide in them from enemies would be cool too, for horror type of games, so you can use more elements to hide, like below beds, tables, trash can, etc... and the camera would change to first person to see outside.

Yeah, it can be used in third person aswell.

About weapons, of course, this addition will come soon.

Regards.

11. sr388

sr388

Btw, I have decided give the step and search a person to make a new model for the asset (instead of the generic ethan) and after that, another person will take care of make the rest of animations that I need to improve the current systems and add new ones, like dark souls style combat, swimming, climb, etc....

I already found a person for the model (in some days, he will show me another model that he is doing for other person to make my decission), but I need to find a person for the animations and for that I will search in the web upwork which seems pretty useful to find this knid of people.

Also, I want to ask here if you guys know some person to make animations (or if you are) to hire for this porpuse (also, if you make humanoid 3d models, tell me as well).

Regards.

tgamorris76, EN_Games and neodotca like this.
  12. neoshaman

neoshaman

I would help, but I would rather not make empty promise while my hand are full, I made some premature already on other thread, I don't want to shot me in the feet again lol, but as soon as I can I will.

Also since feature creep is accepted, let me add some and not help there :p

Far Cry 2 vs Far Cry 5

GTA IV vs GTA V

Dead Rising 4 vs Dead Rising

zelda BOTW vs Horizon

tgamorris76, Martin_H and sr388 like this.
  13. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

MOrning sr :)

sr388 likes this.
  14. neodotca

neodotca

I think that's the way to go to really take your place along the best sellers.
    I would aim for a look similar to Invector and Opsive, but also different of course. Futuristic, clean, minimalist.
    Developing the asset like a real small game sounds like a good idea.

My list of recommendations:

- An original character player (Dead Space) type maybe.
    - An original character for the A.I enemy/friend (Android) type maybe.
    - Weapons don't really need texture, add more details, same for the other accessories.
    - Use metallic colors (fifty shades of grey ;)) no flashy colors like blue, red, yellow, green.
    - New futuristic design for the environment with texture.
    - Vehicle needs a futuristic look, especially the car and plane/ship, improve the shape, add details... or buy models.
    - Add a lot of animations!!

I am not sure you need to hire someone for the models and animations, like i said in a previous post, you can find and buy a lot of stuff that you can use in a commercial project.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    Wetw0rx and sr388 like this.
  15. sr388

sr388

Haha, don't worry, I don't want to force to anyone. Also, thanks for the videos, I will take a look at them. I am sure it will make the todo list to get fat xd.

Rise and shine Mr Freeman.

Yeah, it is my objective exactly. I will start to search for an animator artist today (but again, if any of you know a good one, tell me).

About the model, I want also to get a full body armor separated in pieces (every leg, every arm, torso, crotch and head), to make the armor/cloth system very modular.

About buy these, nothing of unity assets can be included in other assets (no matter if free or paid, thought free can be linked in the doc without problem, and even with it, there is not enough free content to cover all the animations). Also, I don't want to have a "lego asset", where you need to add a lot of free content from outside. I want all the animations are already included, ready to go and have a better looking (and stop to use the ethan and regular animations).

Don't get me wrong, I get your point and also, I will try to not ruin my wallet with all this content xd.

Regards.

16. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

https://arteria3d.myshopify.com/

I know him somewhat having bought a lifetime membership and access to all his models all animated. I suggest you talk to him. He's not very expensive and i'm sure he will be up to putting together a tailored model with anims for your requirements

If you look at his existing work you will see he is very good

Mark_01 and sr388 like this.
  17. sr388

sr388

Thanks for showing him to me :)

Mark_01 and tgamorris76 like this.
  18. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Just a super quick update.

I am working in the inventory bank, where the player will be able to leave and pick inventory objects using the regular chests placed in certains parts of the level (like in resident evil for example).

It is not totally finished yet but it will only take a couple of hours. Here a pic of how it looks:

upload_2018-4-10_7-1-47.png

It will allow to drag and drop every icon from the bank to the inventory object and viceversa (similar to how the powers list is edited ingame). In the center, the objects stored in the bank and in the right, the player's inventory.

Regards.

neodotca, Bob3000, Mark_01 and 2 others like this.
  19. Bob3000

Bob3000

Great feature! As you said there will also be slots in vehicles. Making them portable storage, now we can have inventory banks in towns & hubs to encourage players to return there more often to buy sell things.

sr388 and tgamorris76 like this.
  20. sr388

sr388

Of course, the bank station can be placed anywhere, in static or dinamic places, and making the player to explore more the enviroments (as you said).

Once this is working, the next will be a store to sell/buy these objects (along with the money/experience/stats/skills system).

I am going to finish the bank inventory today.

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  21. ivolga-indi

ivolga-indi

The system of doors with keys is unstable, then everything is fine, is it a mistake?
    (sorry google translator)

UnassignedReferenceException: The variable currentPlayerTransform of doorSystem has not been assigned.
    You probably need to assign the currentPlayerTransform variable of the doorSystem script in the inspector.
    UnityEngine.Transform.get_position () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/TransformBindings.gen.cs:27)
    doorSystem.openDoors () (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Devices/doorSystem.cs:254)
    doorSystem.changeDoorsStateByButton () (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Devices/doorSystem.cs:235)
    doorSystem.unlockDoor () (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Devices/doorSystem.cs:208)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, SendMessageOptions)
    <activateEventInTime>c__Iterator0:MoveNext() (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Devices/eventTriggerSystem.cs:75)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

22. sr388

sr388

Hi @ivolga-VR

I think that you have configured the trigger to use the inventory object in a separated object that the trigger of the door, right? The problem is that the door is opening when the key to unlock then is used, but the trigger of the door hasn't been reached yet, which is the one which detects and assign the currentPlayerTransform variable to know the direction of the player respect the door.

In this case, make sure that both triggers are the same size aproximately (or the one for the inventory object smaller than the door), or configure the use inventory object component in the door itself.

You can see an example here, where the smaller trigger is the one used for the used for that inventory component.

upload_2018-4-12_4-59-51.png
    Tell me if this works or not.

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  23. ivolga-indi

ivolga-indi

24. ivolga-indi

ivolga-indi

Вчера дверь работала хорошо, но сегодня я сделал несколько дублированных дверей и попал в беду. Некоторые из дверей работают, но другие выдают ошибку.

25. sr388

sr388

I see, maybe some element assigned is not properly configurated. If you want, we can use teamviewer to take a quick look at it to find the issue.

Regards.

26. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Quick update.

The inventory bank is almost finished. It allows to move objects from the bank to the player's inventory by drag and drop every object icon from one list to another.

There is different modes to manage this. The main part is drag and drop the icon in the top or the botton of both elements list (there is a reason to work like this). There is also an option to move all the units of an object slot at once or configure the amount to move.

Also, the bank take into account all the limits of the player's inventory, like amount of slots and units per slot.

The only part left to do is when an icon is dropped on top of other icon (the reason that I was talking), so in this case, the objects in the bank and the player's inventory exchange places (also configuring the amount to move from one to another).

Once this part is done, I will make a quick video.

Of couse, the inventory bank is similar to player's inventory, allowing to configure an initial list of objects if it is needed from the list of inventory objects configured in the main inventory manager.

Here a couple of gifs:

Here is how the bank inventory elements are managed
    bank configuration.gif

bank configuration2.gif

And here, how it can be placed in a static station and a dynimac spot, like a vehicle
    inventory bank.gif

inventory bank3.gif

inventory bank4.gif

Btw, I have checked the gamepad (finally), and like we said, it seems that unity has a bug where even if a gamepad is removed, he stills thinking a gamepad is connected. But there is a way to solve this, by checking the name of the gamepad, if it is empty, it is disconneted, so it can be ignored.

So this is solved, and also, I have brought back the option to control the input by keyboard or gamepad at the same time, so you can use any of them (also, you can connect a gamepad in any moment ingame or before start the game and start to use it inmediately. If it is removed, the keyboard will work as well).

I want to start to add full gamepad support for menus, so they can be managed with it and be totally navigable. Also, I am working into make a bluetooth gamepad to work on mobile too.

Regards.

27. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Very useful indeed!

So I'm deep into vehicles again and was wondering. Is there a way to adapt the aircraft displays to other vehicles? For instance, I would like to add a speedometer to the hovercraft for 1st person view. Can the Aircraft cockpit screens be used for this? Haven't tried yet but it seems doable with a few tweaks.

sr388 likes this.
  28. ivolga-indi

ivolga-indi

Hey. Everything can of course be, but I did not change the settings, but just dubbed the door (CTRL + D) and one door works and the other one does not.:(

29. hopeful

hopeful

Just curious ... is the inventory hooked up to events? If so, that makes it a little easier to attach to other system, networking, etc.

30. ivolga-indi

ivolga-indi

Hello! Surprisingly, today, having discovered the project, I discovered that all the doors stopped working and even in the demo scene. I closed the project and re-opened ... a miracle, in the demo scene the door worked, in my scene some of the doors work, and the other part is gone. There are thoughts that I hastened to buy this asset: (Give the documentation or a lesson! Screenshot_34.jpg Screenshot_35.jpg Screenshot_34.jpg

31. sr388

sr388

Of course, it can be addapted to any vehicle, currently, that component uses general values and functions from the vehicle hud manager, which is present in every vehicle, to get info related to speed, state, weapons, etc.... so any info needed could be shown in every vehicle.

What do you mean by events? Unity event system? Used to check what icons are pressed?

For the inventory itself, it is configured in code the function to be called in every button when is pressed and in inventory bank it uses a system to check if the icon has been pressed and where is dropped (using event system library for that).

There are two main components, the inventory list manager, where all the inventory objects used in the game are configured and the inventory manager, which takes this list and allows to configure the initial bag for the player and manages all the elements related for that player. The inventory bank works in a similar way, keeping the objects stored and modifying the inventory list of the player in real time, so I think it could be addapted easily to multiplayer or any needed system.

You won't regret to get this asset, I can guarantee you. Like I said, it seems a minor kind of bug/issue. If you want, we can use teamviewer to check your project configuration to find easily the reason of the problem (in PM we can check this).

Regards.

32. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

what version of unity are u using ivolga as GKC has a few issues with the most recent

neodotca likes this.
  33. ivolga-indi

ivolga-indi

2017.3 :(

34. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Hi Ivolga, someone else had a problem so i copied the reply from Dev

"This looks really good, but why is Unity 5.6 not supported? Also, I see only modern weapons and no melee. Is there a way to do melee combat such as sword & shield?"

Hi magique.

Thanks for your interest in the asset.

It was supported, but in some previous update, I decide to set the initial version at 2017.1.0f3, which works really well (not found any unity issues in that version) and to start to use those unity new features like improved navmesh in different surfaces, cinemachine, etc...

About melee weapons, it is planned to add along with a lot of new weapons, regular (like snipers), scifi (saberlight), medieval (like bows, swords), etc... and crazy and cool weapons too, like portal, half life, etc... and new systems like configurable ingame attachments, dual weapons, etc....

This update will be started right now and it will come in different versions (one update will bring more weapons, another attachments, etc...)

Regards.

Two Cubes

35. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Best one to use since it's what Dev is comfortable, Other issues with unity 2017.3 are that all the GUI elements get reset to center...

best to go back to 2017.1, all GKC modules work perfectly then

Also if you want the original part of the thread is about half way down the page on page 27. It;s worth having a look at some of the posts from around that time as they are very pertinenet to the just released update

36. sr388

sr388

Don't worry @tgamorris76, I have been already seen the problem with @ivolga-VR and I am working on solve it right now trying the asset into unity 2017.3 (of course, the issue will be fixed for the asset itself in the next update).

Btw, the bank inventory is already finished, I will show it later. A few more options will be added too.
    Regards.

EN_Games and tgamorris76 like this.
  37. 3DWizerd

3DWizerd

Are you incorporating drag inventory to bank for controllers or a right click menu?

38. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Like I said, the bank inventory is complete and here a quick video showing it.

It already has the option to drop an icon on top of another to exchange objects places (bank to player and viceversa).

Also, includes another option to just by pressing an object icon, this is moved to the other list automatically (so no need to drag and drop), and both modes allows to use the mini menu to configure the amount to move.

Mmm I am not sure what you mean? Do you mean if when more players will be in the same scene (for the split screen for example), they could be able to use the bank?

In tihs case, yes, right now, every player has his own inventory of objects (though all these objects are managed by a general inventory system where all the objects used in the game are configured), and every bank inventory is individual, so every player store his own objects (at least, for now). But it would be very easy to add a shared inventory bank, so in split screen, any number of players could use the bank to store or get inventory objects.

Do you mean gamepads? In this case, the menu is not totally navigable with it yet, but I want to work on this to make all the UI menus completly usable with the gamepad.

Now, I will back to keep working in the 2.5d mode, isometric and point and click.

Regards.

DrOcto, neodotca, Mark_01 and 2 others like this.
  39. LuDiChRiS000

LuDiChRiS000

I cant get the character moving. It seems to not be getting any keyboard or gamepad input. I get the following warning spamming the Console:

Attempting to get joystick type for unplugged joystick number: 1
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    inputManager:getJoystickName(Int32) (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Input/inputManager.cs:876)
    inputManager:getKeyString(Int32, String) (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Input/inputManager.cs:803)
    inputManager:getJoystickButtonDown(Int32, String) (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Input/inputManager.cs:692)
    inputManager:getJoystickButton(String, buttonType, Int32) (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Input/inputManager.cs:654)
    inputManager:checkInputButton(String, buttonType) (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Input/inputManager.cs:550)
    powersListManager:Update() (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Powers/powersListManager.cs:130)

40. sr388

sr388

Hi @LuDiChRiS000.

Does this happens after plug and unplug a gamepad, or always when you start the game using the keyboard?

In the current version in the asset, due to a unity bug, the editor thinks that a gamepad stills connected when it is removed, so the editor is trying to access to it and the asset is doing the same.

But for the current update in process this has been solved, checking if really there is a gamepad connected or not. Also, the input allows to use both gamepad and keyboard at the same time. Finally, the dpad has been added too (it wasn't included previously due to the gamepad input was changed for a new system and it wasn't totally finished).

Regards.

41. LuDiChRiS000

LuDiChRiS000

Thanks for the reply. The gamepad is definitely connected. I can see and test it in windows. but the game is not receiving any inputs from it or the keyboard. Even pressing F1 or F2 to use the menus does not produce any result. I don't know what to try next...

42. sr388

sr388

What gamepad is? I have work with xbox 360 and xbox one gamepads, but I think it should work with the rest of brands as well.

43. LuDiChRiS000

LuDiChRiS000

It is an xbox360 wireless controller

44. sr388

sr388

If you want, we can use teamviewer to take a quick look at it to find the cause of the issue. Send me a PM when you want to try this.

45. LuDiChRiS000

LuDiChRiS000

ok, Installing it now

46. karmik

karmik

+1 to pooling system. For bullets, arrows etc and also enemies etc. This is must for my mobile game. As its have huge waves of enemies and unlimite arrow shooting.
    Any way to reduce performance for this scenario currently

47. karmik

karmik

Does this gamekit support pooly poolingbsystem.

48. sr388

sr388

Of course, this kind of improvement will be done very soon, replacing all the destroy and instantiate functions with a pooling system to manage how all the objects are created and removed from the scene.

About performance in the scene, it is due to the materials used, they are not the best choice. Also, the AI has room to be improved too and both of this will be done.

I am not sure, but I suppose that it has functions to replace the code for destroy and instantiate or maybe extend these functions to manage objects using pooling.

Regards.

DrOcto and Mark_01 like this.
  49. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Quick progress update.

I have added two new weapons: a spear launcher (similar to dead space) to impale enemies against surface and a flashlight, using the weapon behaviour system.

The spear launcher could need some more work (the only new element used is a new type of behaviour for projectiles), due to ragdolls are a little pain in the ass, but for now, I like how it works.

The flashlight also have allowed me to add a new option to carrry weapons only with one hand (can be selected if left or right), while the other moves freely with the animation. This will be used too for dual weapons, to carry one in every hand (blazkowicz style).

The flashlight is managed by the weapons manager, so it can be dropped and picked, and it uses the ammo as energy to work with a rate of use (it has an option to infinite energy) and if the flashlight is out of energy, this is disabled until the "reload" delay is over.

I am going to add also a couple of options to select if every weapon enables or not the hud of the weapons. Another weapon that will be added is a camera (or smartphone) which will allow to see hidden things at sight in the level and a capture manager to make captures of the game, see them and delete.

Here some gifs:

spear launcher6.gif

spear launcher7.gif

spear launcher8.gif

flashlight6.gif

flashlight7.gif

And here the video:

I have also made some little improvements and fixes here and there and soon the corridor demo will be started, to have a simpler demo scene to check features one by one.

Finally, I am already talking to a few people to select who of them will take care of the new animations. This is a list of the first animations that will be added first:

-Idle
    -Walk forward
    -Walk backward
    -Run forward
    -Run backward
    -Sprint forward
    -Long fall landing
    -Walk strafe to right, to back right and to forward right
    -Run strafe to right, to back right and to forward right
    -Crouch idle
    -Crouch walk forward
    -Crouch walk backward
    -Crouch walk strafe to right, to back right and to forward right
    -Crouch run forward
    -Crouch run backward
    -Crouch run strafe to right, to back right and to forward right
    -Prone idle
    -Prone forward
    -Prone backward
    -Prone strafe to right, to back right and to forward right
    -Roll forward
    -Roll backward, left and right

And these will be other that will be added after the previous list:

Others
    -Receive damage with different movements
    -Grab ledge and climb ledge
    -Climb ladders
    -Jump obstacle
    -Open and close doors
    -Enter and exit from vehicles
    -Move in covers, shoot, jump to next cover, etc...

Combat
    -Combat pose and strafe in 8 directions
    -One hand shield
    -Different attacks using melee weapons with one and two hands
    -Attacks for close combat with punchs and kicks
    -Receive damage

Swim and diving

The first group of animations will allow me to improve the feeling of the third person shooter, have a faster movement while aiming, make the player able to shoot his weapon without need to aim, crouch and prone using weapons in third person, dogde attacks, .....

Of course, for these new animations, the animator itself will be replaced with a better one.

The next animations list will allow me to start to work in melee combat with swords, shields, etc... and have a better close combat system. I am really excited with this.

Regards.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Wetw0rx, Mark_01, neodotca and 3 others like this.
  50. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

plenty of really good news in your last post sr388 :) can't wait to get my mitt's on the next update.

sr388 likes this.