Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.0%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.1%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.5%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.6%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.4%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Hi @joshua_42.

I can make a remote session with you to take a better look at the adherence setting. I am also working on a much better ground adherence system, which will be much simpler to customize and smoother, moving really good on any type of irregular or gappy surface, including slopes, stairs with actual collider and any kind of small stop or ground height difference.

About the headbob, yes, each headbob state can be removed or the whole headbob system, in case you don't want to use it. The headbob component is located here, on the main camera:

upload_2021-1-5_4-37-13.png

Also, you can tweak each headbob state, to reduce or increase its movement values.

Regards.

2. Mark_01

Mark_01

Hello, I just started looking at the example scenes and the " Melee AI Demo Scene " and the top view as well.
    Both of those scenes the player and AI sink into the ground. Can you please fix those scenes and or tell me how
    to fix them. Thanks for all your hard work. Happy New year... may 2021 be better .. then the last.

sr388 likes this.
  3. sr388

sr388

Hi @Mark_01. Happy new year to you too :)

About your issue, it is not a bug, you need to import this animation package from the public repository of the asset
    https://github.com/sr3888/GKC-Public-Repository

It is better explained in the doc, in the section "external files". It is a group of animations used on the action system examples and the melee combat, just as placeholder, so you can replace them at any moment.

Any animation will work, and these will be assigned automatically once you import the package, just need to import, close and open unity, and voila, all configured by it self, in all the characters.

Let me know if you try that ;)

Regards.

hopeful and Mark_01 like this.
  4. Mark_01

Mark_01

Thanks sooo much for your quick reply and all your hard work. I have not been around much in the last year in Unity, but have had your kit for awhile... and WOW .. so much you can do. I am looking forward to more of the integrations on your road map, and a Crafting/Trade/Vendor system. :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    sr388 likes this.
  5. sr388

sr388

Very happy to hear it is working properly now, and always glad to help :)

Also, thanks for your kind words, much appreciated. Yeah, the crafting system is very planned for the next update after current one which should be complete by the end of the month.

About a vendor/trade system, it is already on the asset, you can try it on the inventory demo scene. I have to make a new features poll on this forum to replace the current one, as many of these elements were already included, so teh new poll can show some of the future elements planned and the people can tell what they prefer first.

About integrations, I want to add dialogue system and quest machine from pixel crushers on this upcoming update :D

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  6. Mark_01

Mark_01

Opp,Sorry, I was just looking at another of the scene, and found the Vendor/trade system in the
    weapons scene I think. I logged in just now, hoping to edit my post LOL...

Another question please. In the melee third person scene, he is more strafing with the axe then walking'
    But I see if he puts the axe away, then walks like normal. Would it be fairly easy to have just the walking
    while fighting. I admit I have spent so little time with your asset, I had been waiting for vendor, but like said I been
    away from Unity for over a year pretty much. Game Kit Controller has grown so much !!!
    I think it is worth way more.

I have both dialogue and quest machine from Pixel crushers. and ( Love/Hate ) Too.
    Every time I asked Tony a question in the Realistic FPS Prefab System, he always answered,
    and helped many, many people in that forum.

From my point of view, he is a very nice guy and as a dev has been around a long time. I think that you
    would have no problem getting help from him too, if you wanted. I think it would be a great move for you both.

I'll look more before I post. Thank for all your help.
    Mark

sr388 likes this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Thanks @Mark_01 for your kind words, it is much appreciated :D

About the axe, you can customize on each melee weapon the movement type, including to use strafe or free movement, and it can be customized separately on each weapon. For example, the one hand sword has configured a control type similar to dark souls, while moving normally, the movement is free type. When you activate the lock on target, the strafe mode is activated, so you move around the targeted enemy. And if you disable the lock on, the movement is back to free type.

You can see here the settings related to this in the melee system component:

upload_2021-1-7_6-2-44.png

I configured that movement for a more God of War 2018 style with the axe. Of course, you can use any strafe movement, so you can use animations which move faster, or tweak the animation speed to be higher, according to how you prefer it.

You can see an example of the axe working in a more dark souls style here (draw/holster animations actions for the melee weapons will be added soon as well):

Let me know if you try this.

About the integration with pixel crushers asset, yeah, I already talked with him (he is a very nice guy like you said) and have access to both assets, quest machine and dialogue system, so I will work on the integration of both during this month, to have it ready for the next update. Love/hate integration could be added in another update too.

Regards.

Mark_01, Peppo87 and hopeful like this.
  8. Mark_01

Mark_01

Just WOW!! Thank you so much for pointing that out. I will for sure try it.
    I want to try some kind of Bow/Melee/Magic kind of game.

With the planned crafting addition, I assume that would include resource gathering ?
    Might it be possible to include fishing ? So you could have wood, stone, meat, fur , fish ? I am probably
    missing a few....

That for your help, it is much appreciated.

sr388 likes this.
  9. sr388

sr388

Always glad to help :)

And yeah, for the new update, there will be bow and arrow weapon example, just in case someone missed, you can see it here:

And I am also configuring a player's mode more focused on magic style (another mode besides fire weapons, melee, close combat, powers and simple mode), similar to wizard style from skyrim and dark souls. I will show that soon.

And yes, for crafting, food is also planned to manage, including recipes and cooking. Fish can be probably added as a mechanic for it, though not sure if it will be included in the same version as the crafting, it will depend of the development speed of the next update goes, which is usually fast, but just in case haha.

Regards.

10. Mark_01

Mark_01

Looks super cool! I would have to agree, I have not seen any developers work at your speed.
    You have come so far in the last year. One of The best 3d controllers on top of it.

Soon I don't think there will be much you can not do with it.
    I must be blind as a bat... :-(
    I have been looking at the Melee AI Demo Scene, Latest Version
    I can't find Weapon Info List settings under
    upload_2021-1-7_15-7-25.png

Is there another menu ? I feel really silly asking a stupid question. It' is probably right in front of me
    and I just can't see it :(

Attached Files:

hopeful and sr388 like this.
  11. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have made a new version of the character creator wizard, showing the new elements and improvements and different examples, including the manual character creator option and different models examples from the asset store, to show that any model will work properly with the asset:

Thanks for your kind words :)

About the setting, it is located in the main melee system component not in the weapon itself, here (same for the AI):

upload_2021-1-8_0-42-5.png

Like this, each character can have a different setting for the same type of weapon if needed. Let me know if you try that.

Regards.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    Mark_01, EN_Games and runealdoo like this.
  12. sr388

sr388

Btw, I forgot to say that the New Year Sale from the Asset Store ends in a few hours and Game Kit Controller has a 50% OFF too.

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  13. hopeful

hopeful

The wizard looks great! Does it still have duplicate game object names on the rig part that will baffle a dictionary? That was a problem when using it with UMA.

sr388 likes this.
  14. sr388

sr388

Thanks, much appreciated :)

And about the duplicated names for UMA, I am going to make a little script that will allow to configure a list of objects (and manage its childrens) which would be the internal parts of the GKC elements in the character's body and include and extra string, which would be mostly an incremental ID, to avoid that any of those objects can have the same name.

That will avoid the limitation of UMA with just a simple click button, without need to rename each possible object with the same name.

I will start to make test with UMA and GKC this month, very probably at the start of the next week ;)

Regards.

Peppo87, hopeful and Mark_01 like this.
  15. Mark_01

Mark_01

I Found it!!! yeah Thank you again for the very fast support you have given me, and many other here. IMHO GKC is the best.

sr388 likes this.
  16. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the melee combat system that I recorded playing with a friend to kill an enemy between both xd:

Very happy to hear that and always glad to help in anything needed :)

Regards.

MorpheusXI, Mark_01 and runealdoo like this.
  17. hopeful

hopeful

Super! I think it will work. :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    sr388 and Mark_01 like this.
  18. whatbus2000

whatbus2000

Is first person melee attacks planned soon?

sr388 likes this.
  19. sr388

sr388

Yeah, can't wait to work on it, as soon as I have results with it, I will show them here and in the discord channel ;)

Yes, I want to work on the melee combat and the action system adaptation for the first person, as it only requires some additions to the current action system (the one used on third person) to manage the first person elements.

I will work on this on the next update after current one in progress (which should be complete by the end of the month) and you can expect that about a month after that, the melee on first person should be ready (maybe sooner :) ).

Regards.

Mark_01 and Peppo87 like this.
  20. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I configured the same night vision effect on the telescopic sight of the assault rifle as example, which can be activated in the same way as the screen attachment on the rifle, just by pressing with the mouse directly on the sight:

Regards.

MorpheusXI, Peppo87 and Mark_01 like this.
  21. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been organizing the content for the roadmap of 3.03 and next updates, here you can see the one for 3.03 (it is a little raw yet):
    • Armor/cloth system with all kinds of stats and highly customizable. It will include armored surfaces with a list to configure any type of damage with different options for each one and same for armor, to being more resistant, immune or weak against any type of damage, allowing to configure the relation between armor and each type of damage and with damage multipliers (from 0 to any %)
    • Armored surfaces that will have settings that will determine how much resistance they are against projectiles, including ricochets, piercing bullets, explosives, etc...
    • Ability to swap between characters in the game, similar to GTA V or agents of mayhem
    • Pooling system
    • Full body awareness in first person, with improvements on the character controller on that view
    • More wizards for the creation and customization of stuff
    • Add the rest of the info to the save system, related to the elements of each Scene,like dead enemies, items dropped or picked, things unlocked, state of places where inventory objects have been used, etc…
    • Vehicles with automatic weapons, to detect and fire at targets
    • Add menus ingame to select the mode of game (single player or local multiplayer) and the selection of the number of players on the local multiplayer mode
    • Dynamic split screen system for 2 players in the local multiplayer system, to use one single camera when players are close enough and divide the main camera into two when they are far enough (finish this part, to be totally available, as it is mostly already complete)
    • Weapons which can be broken after x time of use or use them x amount of times, with options to lose that weapon or being able to repair it
    • Loading screen when changing between scenes, including the % of charge and options to show messages or images on the screen
    • Audio and text files to find in the level, which will be stored in a system, saving/loading those files already found, similar to dead space, resident evil games, etc...
    • Survival elements, as stamina, hungry, thirty, body temperature, and other stats, like poison and similar
    • Swim and dive system, allowing to use weapons in that mode
    • Move the animator management code to another script, to allow the use of other animator controller in the player and AI, including the use of generic models
    • Movements added on 3.02 only available in first person will be also usable in third person, like climb ladders, wall running, crouch sliding and dash
    • Action system adapted to first person view
    • Add the rest of elements of the melee combat system, including to use shields, maces, bows, etc… dual wield weapons, make parries, and more deep combo and special attacks activated by different key combinations
    • Ability to move on ledges to left and right while grabbing them, including the detection of covers and round surfaces to move along the proper direction
    • New elements for the dialog system, including animations, changes of cameras, time limit to give answers, 3d bubbles on the level to show dialog lines, images on the screen for each character talking, etc….
    • New character model for the asset, replacing the old ethan model
    • Use the weapon slots on the inventory to place any other object from the inventory and use it like a quick access button, to use the object placed on that slot, like using a health consumable to refill the health of the player, similar to deus ex games
    • Crafting system, with recipes, creation of objects, materials, structures, tools, etc.. including work stations, recipes, blueprints, etc….
    • System which allows to steal objects from other NPCs when you are sneaking behind them
    • AI able to give pickups to the player
    • More improvements to all the systems
    • Option to increase spread amount for automatic weapons, with a minimum, a maximum and the increase speed
    • Option when weapons are picked, check the bullets, if the weapon is already picked, take its bullets
    • Option to set if a weapon is already picked, change between weapons, to set different stats
    • Power stasis and other abilities from breath of the wild-Improved character ground adherence, for slopes, stairs, gaps, irregular surfaces and more
    • Improved third person movement and new animations
    • Improved strafe mode on third person mode, related to the use of weapons, being smoother and having a better and more natural movement, more similar to any third person game, like resident evil remakes games, dead space, etc...
    • More weapons/tools, more behaviors to projectiles, more powers, more abilities and mechanics related to physics and games like infamous, control and dishonored
    • Weapons that overheat, can have charged shoots, secondary shoots and can received damage, break and be repaired
    • Use of gamepad on mobile
    • More hack mechanics similar to watch dogs 2
    • Animation management on first person, for weapons, arms, hands and any other stuff related to this and easy integration with any asset of the store based on 3d models of arms and weapons including animations for first person, like low poly FPS
    • UMA integration
    • VR integration (maybe for 3.04)
    • Quest machine and dialogue system integrations
    • Full UI navigation with gamepad

Probably some others will be added and maybe some of the current listed here may not end included in 3.03, but next one, according to how the development goes, but the limit this time will be 2 months as maximum.

And of course, while working on 3.03, more documentation and tutorial videos will be produced and released.

And here the rest, including the rest of 3.0 and the start of 4.0:

GKC Roadmap 3.0 and 4.0

Regards.

MorpheusXI, EN_Games, Kennth and 3 others like this.
  22. tonyyroman1993

tonyyroman1993

GOOD MORNING, I BEGIN BY SAYING THAT YOU ARE THE STRONGEST AND I LIKE IT VERY MUCH Game Kit Controller v3.02g-2
    I WORK ON A GAME AND I HAVE TWO PROBLEMS
    1 I CAN'T RECEIVE BLOWS FROM THE ENEMY IN CORB TO BODY FIGHT MODE
    EVEN IF I IMPORTED THE PACKAGE WITH ANIMATES FROM THE DOCUMENTATION I RESET AND THE UNIT STILL DOESN'T WORK
    2 WHEN MELEE COMBAT IS ACTIVE THE CHARACTER ENTERS THE EARTH
    AND I RECEIVE ERROR IN THE CONSOLE I PUT SOME "ss"

Attached Files:

23. sr388

sr388

Hi @tonyyroman1993.

The files that you imported to the project was the .unitypackage or the zip files? It the animations are not played, it seems that they maybe haven't been imported properly, as you need to unzip the main .zip file (in the same folder as the rest of compressed files), to get the .unitypackage file which is the one that you import into the project.

Let me know if you can see a folder in the project called "Mixamo Animations", in project window on unity.

Both situations that you describe are related to this animations package, so once is imported properly, they will be played, either attacks and the strafe movement on the characters.

Send me a PM here on the forum or in the support email if the issue is not fixed with the above steps, to take a better look at it ;)

Regards.

24. tonyyroman1993

tonyyroman1993

the animations were downloaded directly from the asset store through unity package manager
    and I can't find the "Mixamo Animations" file in the unity folde

25. tonyyroman1993

tonyyroman1993

thanks for the answer, it seems that I didn't import the animates correctly, I downloaded, directly from the asset store I have another question, can I change in the combat module, can I change the animations? for walking, hit with another type of animation? Thank you very much for your response and speed

26. sr388

sr388

The animation package that I mean to import is the one from the public repository of the asset, here:
    https://github.com/sr3888/GKC-Public-Repository

It is better explained in the doc, in the section "external files". It is a group of animations used on the action system examples and the melee combat, just as placeholder, so you can replace them at any moment.

Any animation will work, and these will be assigned automatically once you import the package, just need to import, close and open unity, and voila, all configured by it self, in all the characters.

Let me know if you try that ;)

And yes, you can replace any animation for the controller, the process is the same as any other controller managed by animator, replacing the animation on it, from any of its layers.

Regards.

Mark_01 and hopeful like this.
  27. tonyyroman1993

tonyyroman1993

importing animations worked, but when I change the animation from the animation controller. for AI, combat mode. The animation works. but I do not receive any damage from AI what did i do wrong

28. sr388

sr388

I will send you a direct message here on the forum to check better your issue. It will be very probably adjusting the damage detection delays to fit the animation movement (for example, for a punch, avoid to apply damage until the punch it self is made, and not the movement previous to prepare the hand position for the punch it self, which in this case is the configured in the close combat system component, attached in player controller gameObject, in the attack info of that punch).

It also uses the animation % value, instead of the duration, so in this case, the damage detection is activated at the 18% of the lenght of the animation and disabled on the 50%, as the punch movement it self is complete in that moment for this attack.

upload_2021-1-17_21-44-46.png

Also, if you removed the previous animation in the animator, it is needed to add this component on the animation state on the animator, so the system manages the info when the attack starts and finish:

upload_2021-1-17_21-43-42.png

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  29. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

I have made UMA tests (finally) and have added a couple of very minor additions in order to make UMA 100% compatible with GKC, and you can see the results here:

Regards.

MorpheusXI, Mark_01, EN_Games and 4 others like this.
  30. hopeful

hopeful

Perfect! I was waiting for the UMA character rebuild part of the test ... and it looks like it passed! :)

Mark_01 and sr388 like this.
  31. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added an improvement on the laser attachment, to work much better and allow to use a red dot on the place where the laser impacts on a surface, on any view:

You can see that the laser aims properly toward the screen reticle in all moment.

Regards.

MorpheusXI, Peppo87 and EN_Games like this.
  32. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been testing the ladder system on third person, as it is 100% managed by the action system right now:

it needs a couple of tweaks on its settings and in a couple of animations, including adding a slide one, but it has been very straight forward to configure, and any ladder lenght can be configured to be as long or short as you need :)

Regards.

33. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have configured the slice characters into the plasma cutter, so along meshes, the plasma cutter can slice on characters too, apply damage to any other object and apply physics to the rest of objects. CUT THE LIMBS!!

Regards.

MorpheusXI, EN_Games and Razmot like this.
  34. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have configured a sniper rifle weapon example, including a sight UI panel, and some fire values for the projectiles, physics, damage, fire rate, and delay to hit the target according to distance:

Regards.

35. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a short clip that I recorded while working on some stuff and testing:

Regards.

36. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have configured a magic/spell casting mode example, in a similar way to the melee combat system, allowing to trigger a list of events configured by a category of magic attack, in order to use multiple input keys for different magic spells or attacks, and allowing to the player to keep moving, using separated animations for upper body and lower body:

This is a initial test, but the system is pretty straight forward :)

Regards.

37. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here you can see a clip I recorded for the trailer, inspired by last remakes or resident evil 2 and 3:

Regards.

EN_Games, Peppo87 and hopeful like this.
  38. chrisabranch

chrisabranch

Is there an ETA on the update?

sr388 likes this.
  39. sr388

sr388

Yes, it will be released this month, I need a few more days to finish the rest of elements, testing and some polish along with some new documentation.

Regards.

Peppo87, Mark_01 and chrisabranch like this.
  40. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to show a progress video of a project an user from discord is making using GKC, which btw looks really good so far:

Something interesting is that he is getting things done very quickly, which is good to hear. This was shown in the "Show your projects" section of the official discord channel of GKC, in case anyone to join, here the link:

Game Kit Controller Discord Channel

Regards.

MorpheusXI, magique, hopeful and 5 others like this.
  41. chrisabranch

chrisabranch

42. sr388

sr388

Hi @chrisabranch

Yes, the user Treewars made a custom integration for HAP in the discord channel, you can see here his original message:

"I set up a unofficial forum for us to share our GCK intergrations or mods, first tutorial how to add horse riding using horse animset pro, it was really easy. Official integration coming eventually but I didn't want to have to wait. Anyone is welcome to create new posts and share their inegrations. https://buceye.com/gck/index.php?topic=1.msg1#msg1 Gun aiming glitches, hopefully santi can provide quick fix"

Of course, a full integration is planned, and also, animals to ride (and support of generic models for characters) is very planned inside GKC as well, with options to transform back and forward into any other model. So the player or AI can turn into a wolf and return to be human at any point.

Let me know if you try this.

Regards.

43. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added a function to show/hide the touch buttons on screen for touch devices, but keeping the ability to be pressed on screen, which allows to use a gamepad on mobile and keep a clear screen, customizing the controls as its scheme as you need. Here a quick test I made for it:

It may look awkward because is really hard to record video looking at the camera screen instead of the actual screen haha.

Regards.

Peppo87 and EN_Games like this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Good day of progress, most of it internal improvements and minor tweaks, including some improvements on the close combat system. Here a test I made with a simple zombie customization, attacking using the close combat system (I need to tweak a couple of things on it yet):

A zombie AI prefab example will be included in the new update, ready to be used out of the box.

Regards.

MorpheusXI, Peppo87, EN_Games and 4 others like this.
  45. Kennth

Kennth

Hi, I am not sure if it is already in your kit ? Is there an inventory for armor and maybe rings and neck-wear like amulets ?

So would is there like say if you have an armor of like say 20 ? defense so it will make you harder to kill when equipped ?
    same idea would be like say " ring of mana " for auto Regen of mana ? Thanks

sr388 likes this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

More examples tested with the animator management of weapons in first person, this time, with a shotgun, configuring the typical check of how many shells are going to be loaded, so that animation is played that amount of times. For example, if the shotgun has a capacity of 10 projectiles, and 4 have been used, the player will reload 4, playing the load shell animation 4 times until finishing the reload:

I can't remember if this example was already shown or not here on the forum, so in that case, this is just a reminder of one of the elements that will arrive in the new udpate haha.

Hi @Kennth.

Sorry for the time to reply, I didn't receive any notification of a new message on the forum and while writing a new post, I saw yours.

No, elements like that are not included on the inventory out of the box, but it is exactly what is planned to be added on the next update after current one, that will be started this month.

These elemenets will be part of the armor/cloth system that will be added and which will allow to configure any customization part for the character, not only for meshes/accesories to show or hide, but also customize the body, face, shape, height, etc... (using blendshapes and similar elements, including UMA as well, which will integrated for the upcoming update).

This system will also allow to configure stats, abilities, skills, curses, boost, damage resistances or weakness, etc... to the player, allowing a lot of freedom in that regard.

I have been also improving the inventory system, to make it much better, and general, yet more powerful, being easy to extend and add more type of inventory objects, allowing also to use the quick access slots (the slots on the bottom currently used for weapons) to drop any inventory object on them, similar to deus ex, as quick access to either use a consumable, a key, a quest object, equip a weapon (melee or projectiles), etc....

I will show more about it in the next days and will be part of the upcoming update too, as that part is almost complete too :)

Let me know what you think and any suggestion is always welcome.

Regards.

MorpheusXI, hopeful, Mark_01 and 2 others like this.
  47. Kennth

Kennth

Hi @sr388, no worries on time back. Thanks for your reply, I will look forward to seeing
    when you get it into the asset. :) Weapons could have damage modifiers, or say extra HP or strength ? and or
    say resistances. Thanks so much

sr388 likes this.
  48. sr388

sr388

Hi @Kennth.

And yes, fire weapons have damage modifiers, as they have multiple functions to change different settings ingame, for example, the damage amount, size of magazines, type of projectile, etc... for example, through the attachment system, allowing to set a weapon in automatic shoot, use sedative projectiles to make AI to sleep, or poison, or explosive, or use a silencer to minimize the noise so the AI can't hear you, etc....

And yes, once the damage types system is added, fire weapons, melee, close combat and the rest of elements which can apply damage will have options to configure the type of damage, so the health system can identify it and check if between the list of damage resistances (totally customizable on each object), it has more or less resistance to x damage, and elements like the armor/cloth and even potions can affect those resistance values (temporally, forever or while equipped).

The level/experience/skill system will also contain options to affect to those stats/resistances as well, allowing to upgrade the player through skill points, experience earned, etc... or even from buying inventory objects that apply those boost/upgrades in these stats/values/resistances :D

Regards.

Kennth and Peppo87 like this.
  49. Kennth

Kennth

Hi @sr388 Sounds Great !! I love that plan. That sounds great! You could even
    say make a quest ( in addition ) to experience level to get extra skill points to apply to base level
    stats like " strength " If you could buy skill point scrolls say... then you could also like
    say make barrels or wells that if you examine you get extra skill points but only make that you can do once.

The other question I have is that I see in some videos that pressing " E " key is for open doors, pick ups and the like..
    Is there options to say what key besides " E " key .. I mean to ask .. can I use either a Mouse click to pick up
    items/drops ? ( And or just use standing over them ans they get added automatically ?

sr388 likes this.
  50. sr388

sr388

Yes, skill points can be obtained as reward (along other elements, such as money, experience points, inventory objects and even unlock skills directly) from missions, or just by killing enemies or any other element or event, as the reward system is a separated component (called object experience system), which can be configured and activated by any other function or event as you need.

About the use of E key, it is the key assigned by default to the interaction action (managed by the component using devices system attached on player controller gameObject). You can rebind that key for any other, but by default, this action is the one which activates the interaction with elements, devices, pickups and other objects in the asset (the other interaction element that can be similar, is grab objects, which is managed by the key T by default).

But I have planned to add options to use other separated keys to interact with different devices and elements, like for example, you can assign and interaction action just for doors, other for pickups, other for code panels, other for vehicles, etc.... having each one a separated key assigned to each one or having groups of objects, so you can organize that as you prefer.

And about pickups, there is an option to be picked automatically on trigger enter, instead of pressing a key, so if you get close enough to them, they are picked automatically, without further action needed (this is configured in the pickup object component attached on the pickups).

A similar option is available in the use inventory object component (used to configure places on the scene to use inventory objects) to be used automatically when the player is inside the trigger, so if you have the necessary object/objects and the amount needed of each one, the objects are used automatically (in the tutorial video related to the inventory system, you can see more of this).

Let me know if this is clear enough and what you think or if you have any other question or suggestion :)

Regards.

Kennth and Peppo87 like this.