Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

29.9%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.1%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.1%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.7%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an option that was added to avoid to draw a weapon picked if the player is already carrying a weapon on his hands during that situation, but allowing to equip the picked weapon, so you can change to it at any moment:

Regards.

hopeful and EN_Games like this.
  2. Ben_Cll

Ben_Cll

Hello guys,

I just bought the kit on the assetStore.
    I am interested in the melee system.
    I tested it but I have a bug. The character crosses the floor.

If I throw the melee weapon, it becomes normal, but as soon as I equip the weapon, I can't do anything.

Same for the AI

Any ideas ??

sr388 likes this.
  3. sr388

sr388

Hi @unity_cXxj_9H5JuyaqA, sorry for the time to reply, I was sleeping until some minutes ago.

First of all, thanks for your purchase, it is very appreciated :)

About the melee, yes, you only need to import an animations package, which can be found on the public repository of GKC, here: https://github.com/sr3888/GKC-Public-Repository

Any external file that is used for the asset, are placed there and you can see more info about in on the docs. The slice system is also in that repository and can be included in the asset easily, so you can also slice stuff with the melee weapons, if you need, but it is not mandatory to import it if you don't want to use it.

You only need to import, close and open unity, so the animations are assigned automatically, without need of any extra step. More info can be found in the doc, about external files and in that same repository page of GKC. Once you import the animations, both AI and player will move properly, as they will use these animations in different parts, like the action system or the melee combat.

Let me know if you try that, no rush.

Regards.

mfcessna likes this.
  4. Ben_Cll

Ben_Cll

Thank's a lot !

work perfectly...

hopeful and sr388 like this.
  5. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here the bow weapon example configured (there are a couple of stuff to tweak and polish), but it is already working and the arrow projectile stats are configured through the weapon system, so it has all its options and possibilities, including the physics values and the gravity force to describe a parable movement:

The player can also move while using the bow and can holster or draw it at any moment, as it is managed by the same melee weapon system than the other melee weapons, including draw and holster animations (which will be added to the other melee weapons too).

Regards.

6. hopeful

hopeful

Looks great! Can't wait to get it firing explosive arrows, smoke arrows, sleep arrows, flash arrows, or whatever. :)

Conceptually, I imagine we could hook up a crossbow to this. Can we activate the grappling gun type effect, where you are pulled to the target or the target is pulled to you ....?

And I imagine we can hook up different archery animations, if we have them, like from:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/animations/frank-rpg-archer-138858
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/animations/archer-animset-pro-89757
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/animations/dynamic-archer-set-82218

sr388 likes this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Thanks @hopeful , very happy to hear you like it :)

And yes, the arrows are fired using the weapon system component, so it has all the possibilities of the current weapons examples, allowing to set different types of projectiles, effects and physics.

And yes, a crossbow could be used instead, which is also planned to be included as example too.

About activating the grappling hook from fired arrows, that sounds like an interesting mechanic, including for example the option to either pull the found object to the player or pushing the player toward it according to a secondary button on the crossbow and of course, according to the surface found (an AI, a vehicle, a wall, etc...).

And yes, for the animations, you can use any animations you prefer, as basically, the movement animator has a main tree with receives the strafe movement type using an ID value and playing those strafe animations, according to using melee weapons, fire weapons, unarmed character, arrow, etc.... allowing easily to add new movement types into the animator, and same for the fire bow animations.

So yeah, any animation package from the store or made by you or any other user/artist is 100% compatible, as it uses the animator system to manage them ;)

Regards.

hopeful and Peppo87 like this.
  8. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

For 3.02g, the third person management related to weapons was improved, and the player can now crouch while carrying weapons on his hands, in which case, the system will turn on-off the IK smoothly (if the weapon uses it while the player is not aiming with it). It checks for the change of view to first-third person too, adjusting the hands in that situation as well. In 3.03, the crouch strafe will be added, to allow to aim and fire weapons and remain in crouch state too:

It also allows to detect if the player can get up again after finishing a roll action, or remain crouching. You can also draw and holster weapons while crouching, so the player won't get up automatically on that state as before (as it was due on purpose, for the limitation of the crouch state with weapons).

Regards.

9. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the AI changing its attack mode from fire weapons to melee weapons triggered when the AI has dropped all its available weapons, caused for getting damage on his arms from the player when he fires to them:

Regards.

hopeful, Peppo87 and EN_Games like this.
  10. SashaNyashaa

SashaNyashaa

Hello,

I recently found this asset and was really surprised! This is the first asset in my experience that can really help you create a full-fledged game with a really small amount of your own code! Thank you for this! I don't know exactly how your forum works and whether users here offer ideas for the next features, but I'll try it anyway!

Theoretically, there may be in the future the appearance of jumps like in Max Payne?
    (Sorry for the mistakes, I use a translator!)

sr388 likes this.
  11. valmyr

valmyr

Hi,

I am so glad to have found this asset as well. I just like to post this issue that I'm having.

Please see the image. My character usually gets stuck in the ground with the half body on the floor. If I jump, I can see the whole body but it lands again in the same position like in the image..

Attached Files:

sr388 likes this.
  12. sr388

sr388

Sorry for the time to reply, I went to sleep almost at the same time of the first message.

@SashaNyashaa thanks a lot for your kind words, it is much appreciated and helps a lot to keep working harder on the asset :D

And of course, suggestions are always very welcome (the current content of GKC so far is probably 50% from users suggestions), either here on the forum, on the support email or the discord channel of GKC (you can find both links in the doc and the discord channel on my signature of this forum too ;) ). If I am awake or working, I am always available in these three places to reply or help with anything :)

And yes, I would like to add some type of max payne slow motion movement while firing weapons. The more complicated part is to blend the animations with IK and rotation toward camera direction, but I would like to work on that for a future update.

Thanks also for your kind words @rainmax, very glad to hear that too :)

About your situation, yes, you only need to import an animations package, which can be found on the public repository of GKC, here: https://github.com/sr3888/GKC-Public-Repository

Any external file that is used for the asset, are placed there and you can see more info about in on the docs. The slice system is also in that repository and can be included in the asset easily, so you can also slice stuff with the melee weapons, if you need, but it is not mandatory to import it if you don't want to use it.

You only need to import, close and open unity, so the animations are assigned automatically, without need of any extra step. More info can be found in the doc, about external files and in that same repository page of GKC. Once you import the animations, both AI and player will move properly, as they will use these animations in different parts, like the action system or the melee combat.

Let me know if you try that, no rush.

Regards.

13. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have finally received a VR kit, in this case, oculus quest 2. I will be messing with it and unity this month, but you can expect an integration of VR for GKC soon in the near future :)

photo_2020-10-16_03-01-23.jpg
    Regards.

blacksun666, runealdoo, Muppo and 2 others like this.
  14. SashaNyashaa

SashaNyashaa

Thanks for the answer! I look forward to it!

I would also like to offer a solution(video) that I came across earlier (suddenly it will be useful) about the implementation of jumps.

And I forgot in the last message to suggest adding shooting from shelters(with pressing against the wall) both GG and AI. And the AI strategic plans for example to clamp the GG if it sits in one place for a long time. AI responses to suppressive fire(Animations or change of position and audio response). (Sorry, I just really love Max Payne:))

Thank you in advance for your response!

sr388 likes this.
  15. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here the player can press the block attack key and keep it active while doing other actions, such as dodge:

Yeah, I remember seeing this video back in the day, but my knowledge by that time was much more limited than nowadays. So I will put it on the todo list for things to check better and maybe add that mechanic sooner that I expected :) Thanks for remind me about this video.

Regards.

SashaNyashaa, EN_Games and Peppo87 like this.
  16. hopeful

hopeful

Hey, the video looks good! This would be helpful for situations, for instance, where you have a shield AND want to dodge.

sr388 likes this.
  17. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a test I made when I was finishing 3.02g update, using the camera effects from the photo mode on the smartphone tool, allowing to activate a night vision on that camera, so you can use it on any part of your game where you need a similar mechanic, like in dark zones or to see some detail of the environment while doing some stealth stuff:

Of course, very happy to hear that :) Also, on 3.03, I am going to add the shield for the melee combat system, so it can be picked and used separately from the main melee weapon too.

Regards.

18. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

The Asset Store has the New Year Sale, and Game Kit Controller is 50% OFF.

Also, here an example of the roll action on melee weapons doing the same check as the fire weapons when a roll ends in a place where the player can't get up, to keep the crouch state once the roll action ends:

Regards.

Razmot, Peppo87 and EN_Games like this.
  19. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an option that allows to pause/resume AI animation speed when using an ingame menu without actually setting the time scale to 0, keeping it at regular value, like inventory, experience/stats, map, mission log, etc.... in this case, while editing the attachments in a weapon:

Regards.

Peppo87, hopeful and EN_Games like this.
  20. hopeful

hopeful

Excellent! For multiplayer, that's kind of like a server pause, or something like that. The server probably wants to run AI in frames, anyway, instead of in an Update cycle.

sr388 likes this.
  21. sr388

sr388

Yes, this could be also used for the multiplayer, as this function can be also triggered for the players too, to pause/resume their activity at any moment.

@lordice1 I received a notification of a message from you here, related to the upper body rotation system, but the message is not anymore on the forum. Maybe you managed to configure it properly? In any case, let me know, as I can help you with it if needed :)

Regards.

22. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an option on the close combat system to allow to activate the strafe movement when the player locks on the view on a target, along with toggle the free and strafe movement when the run key is pressed, just like with the melee combat system (I will apply some tweaks to it, so don't worry if something in the video looks awkward):

And here the same element as above to toggle between free and strafe movement when using the lock-on on any target but this time, while using melee weapons, similar to games like dark souls:

Regards.

Peppo87 and EN_Games like this.
  23. lordice1

lordice1

@sr388 yes i fixed this issue thank you, i do have another how can i turn of the gun attachments so player starts with basic gun and then let them find the attachements around the world to add to the guns? hope that makes sence

sr388 likes this.
  24. sr388

sr388

Hi @lordice1.

Sorry for the time to reply, I had to go outside when I put my last post and I went directly to sleep once I arrived.

Happy to hear it works as you need :) About the attachments, you can customize what attachments are active at the start on a weapon, here on the attachment system component with these steps:

Press this button to go directly to the weapon list objects in the hierarchy:

upload_2020-12-20_3-39-24.png

Then, select the weapon and go to its attachment system component, inside the mesh parts of the weapon:

upload_2020-12-20_3-40-23.png

And select the attachments that you want to leave as active or not at the start:

upload_2020-12-20_3-41-11.png

Then, you can drop the attachments pickups in the scene for the player, or configure them in the drop pickup system of enemies when they are killed, crates when they are broken or in the chests of pickups (there are two types, managed by inventory and pickups that are directly attached to the weapon that you are carrying when you pick them).

Let me know if you try that.

Regards.

Peppo87 likes this.
  25. lordice1

lordice1

@sr388 i followed the way you said and started game but can still press rightshift and open attachment area and place the attachments even tho i have not picked up any

sr388 likes this.
  26. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I tested to configure the flying vehicle in a radio control style, similar to the car (basically, scalling it down and set it to drive it remotely), to have a kind of drone, including an option to take captures directly by input, like the smartphone, allowing to see those captures from different places:

Yes, it was due to along with the above steps, it was needed to set aslo as false the option "Attachment Enabled" on each attachment that you want to have disabled at start (I already checked this with you, but I put also here the reply in case any other user wants to check it out ;) ).

Regards.

EN_Games and hopeful like this.
  27. hopeful

hopeful

Next he should have picture in a picture from the drone ... as an extra frame on the screen or alternatively on the smartphone.

I could see using it during fighting, but not in the way it is in the video.

sr388 likes this.
  28. runealdoo

runealdoo

Random events between levels/maps. Is it possible to have random events when travel from one map to another if you make a game where the player travel back and forth between small maps/levels instead of having just one big map? If yes, is it then possible to make lets say 3 random event level/maps between map A and B and a chance of 75% that one of those events load up and you need to complete this mini mission before you arrive to map B, the last 25% is you go stright to map B with no random event? Also could you have 3 other events from map B to C and from C to A and so on?

Hope all this is somewhat understanderble or I will gladly try explain again :D

sr388 likes this.
  29. sr388

sr388

Haha, yeah, I would like to add that kind of control in a future update too. I also added a few examples of using this drone as a hack system, to activate events on objects remotely by input, similar to watch dogs games. I will show that in another post ;)

Regards.

hopeful likes this.
  30. sr388

sr388

I am not entirely sure what you mean, but that seems like it would use some simple script to configure a list of possible events to activate with a % for its probability,

The asset already allows to travel in between scenes ingame, using "gates" places for it, similar to how borderlands games used to split its different zones and connect them.

In GKC, you have options to activate the change of scene by trigger, by input or by events (like picking an object).

Then, once the new scene is loaded, the info of the player is also loaded (saving it automatically before changing of scene). You can have more than 1 "gate" to connect two scenes, and there are a few demo scenes to show that in the asset and it is also explained in the doc how to configure it, in the section "Configure The Main Scene Manager".

Let me know if you try that.

I have also planned to add events options to be triggered when the player changes from one scene to another, so that could be used to activate the above script that I commented, where you would have the list of possible sitiuations and its probability.

Let me know if that is clear enough or not.

Regards.

31. runealdoo

runealdoo

"I am not entirely sure what you mean, but that seems like it would use some simple script to configure a list of possible events to activate with a % for its probability,

The asset already allows to travel in between scenes ingame, using "gates" places for it, similar to how borderlands games used to split its different zones and connect them."

Yeah thats kind of what I was thinking. I know GKC have gates to connect level/maps thats why I was thinking that it perhaps had the possibilty to have events happen when travel in between. Like you could get attacked by wolves when travel from level/map A to level/map B and a scenario loads up where you would have to kill them all to complete the random event/mini mission, and get to map B

sr388 likes this.
  32. sr388

sr388

I see. There are no options for something similar, but the closest one is the events options that I am going to add in the scene manager that are triggered when the player travels to any scene, so you can activate events like that or anything else you could need.

It could be added on the todo list to have a component that allows to configure a list of possible situations and configure a % value for them to happen, so a random number is generated and checks which situation is going to be activated. That would allow to have a more general (and separated) script to manage similar elements for any other part of a game.

Regards.

Peppo87 and runealdoo like this.
  33. hopeful

hopeful

You could have an intermediate level between A and B, which could check for the possibility of wolves. If the random number is in the correct range, it spawns the AB scene with wolves. Otherwise, it continues on to B.

Essentially, A always goes to AB, and AB sometimes has wolves and other times doesn't. In any case, when AB is done (and sometimes there are no wolves so it is done at the start), it sends you to B.

The wolves could be handled like a quest, and when the wolves are all defeated, then the quest completes.

You should be able to do your own script for generating a wolf quest if the random number you generate is in a specific range.

However, it's possible that GKC would generally benefit from having a simple script to generate a number and check it against a set probability. Like, 0-1 or 0-100, and the game dev sets up a percentage (say must be > 50%), and if so, then an event executes. This random roll script could potentially be used in a lot of different situations, I think.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    sr388 likes this.
  34. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

For 3.02g, the elements to dissolve character on death were configured by default and to destroy the AI object it self as well, and both options can be enabled/disabled from the character creator wizard when creating a new AI:

Yes, I already put in the todo list to make that simple script, which allows to configure a list of possible events and the possibility of each one to happen, to activate one randomly according to these % values, so it can be used on different parts of any project if needed ;)

Regards.

35. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an option to use inventory objects directly when picked:

Merry Christmas to everyone and have a good time with friends and family :D

36. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here the option to change from first to third person when using the action system, for example, when opening a door or pressing a button (it can be used on any action):

Regards.

Peppo87 and EN_Games like this.
  37. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have configured the system that allows to trigger remote events on objects when using the camera capture system, which is attached to the drone vehicle here. This allows to activate any event configured in an object remotely by raycast, which means that you can pretty much do anything.

I thought about making some hacking examples, taking inspiration of watch dogs, so in the video, the drone can make crates to break, explosive barrel to explode, kill enemies or make them fall asleep x amount of time, unlock blocked doors and activate the self destruct sequence on vehicles (and those are just random examples with 0 code needed, as it is managed by events.

Regards.

hopeful and Peppo87 like this.
  38. bitaco_unity

bitaco_unity

Hello,

I have one question. Could I use your asset to create a player who could walk around a planet? Similar a Mario Galaxy (not jump between planets, only walking around a planet with gravity).

I have seen assets to do it, but I should buy a lot of assets to do the same than your asset does now because your asset has a lot of functions integrated in one.

Thank you in advance.

sr388 likes this.
  39. sr388

sr388

Thanks to you for your interest in the asset :)

About your question, yes, the player is able to circumnavigate objects, from sphere to more irregular objects, including to move around hard edges, such as cubes and more complex meshes.

Here a quick video of the player circumnavigating a couple of spheres, using the revamped jetpack, which has been very improved and which I will show better in a few clips in another moment :)

Let me know what you think. I recommend to try the gravity manipulation demo scene, as it contains many elements of the gravity system, including to adhere to surfaces and walk around their surfaces.

Regards.

hopeful likes this.
  40. hopeful

hopeful

People have vastly different needs for their games, but this is an excellent character controller. I don't think there's a better one in the store.

sr388 likes this.
  41. bitaco_unity

bitaco_unity

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I'm starting with Unity so I'm learning daily.

Your asset is perfect. Regarding your video demo, the green balls would be the planets with trees, exploitable objects... And the weapons would be affected by the gravity. Is it right?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    sr388 likes this.
  42. hopeful

hopeful

If I may interject, and I'm not an official voice for GKC, local gravity for a sphere is a special case. GKC was designed from the very beginning to do interesting gravity effects, like walking up walls and on ceilings, but getting weapons - like beams and projectiles - to fire in a circular fashion and where applicable fall toward the center of a local sphere ... I'm not sure GKC can do that. It sounds very specialized. Like, would you want bullets to travel in a circle and hit you from behind? You might have to do some coding on your own, depending on what you need.

sr388 likes this.
  43. bitaco_unity

bitaco_unity

Thank you Hopeful. Yes, It is my idea.

I dont want to use a lot of assets because I will have problems joining all of them.

sr388 likes this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Happy new year 2021, everyone!

It has been a rough year, but hoping things get better soon and looking forward to keep working with this amazing community, which I really love :D

Also, here a new tutorial video, to show how to quick start with the locked camera system and the different views (more tutorials and doc content will keep arriving):

Sorry for the time to reply @bitaco_unity, I was celebrating the new year with the family, hope all of you are able to spend some time with family too. And thanks for your kind words :D

Weapons are affected by gravity, but they won't circumnavigate the object as the player. There are two types of projecitles firing, raycast, which place the projectile directly on the surface where they would collider and with actual rigidbody speed, moving across the scene until either collide with some element or being disabled after x time. Some projectiles of this second type are affected by regular gravity and in that case, if the player is moving on a different surface than regular gravity, these projectiles will also have a custom gravity down in the same direction as the player.

So weapons like grenades and other projectiles with gravity will fall in the same direction as the player. Let me know what you think.

Also, thanks @hopeful for your faster help :)

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  45. hopeful

hopeful

Let me see if I have this right. If the player throws a rock while standing on a gravity sphere, the rock isn't really bound to the sphere, but it will continue forward, away from the player, its downward trajectory in the direction of an arrow pointing from the player's head to their feet?

If that's it, the way to get the thrown object to land on the sphere would be to make the diameter of the sphere large enough and the throwing range short enough, that the object cannot be thrown further than the arc of the sphere. (Basically, the throw distance must always be at least a little less than the radius.)

Is that how it would work?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    sr388 likes this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Yes, with the current elements, the projectiles which has gravity are configured to change its gravity value, with the same as the player current gravity direction. Objects are also affected by the gravity triggers from objects to circumnavigate or change its gravity, according to the interaction that you prefer.

But with the current system, the option to also assign circumnavigation to those same objects is also possible, so I will add an option for the objects launched/fired by the player to also activate that circumnavigation state. I have already put that in the todo list, thanks for the idea ;)

Regards.

StevenPicard and hopeful like this.
  47. bitaco_unity

bitaco_unity

Hello sr388. Great news, you have a new customer.

Do you have a estimated deadline to have this option enabled in the plugin?

Regards.

sr388 likes this.
  48. sr388

sr388

Thanks for your purchase @bitaco_unity, it is very appreciated and helps a lot :)

I will be testing this during the next days, and it will be included in the new update that I want to have ready about the end of this month. Once this element is ready to be shown, I will post it here ;)

Regards.

hopeful likes this.
  49. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the attachment system on weapons using the smartphone screen, including the option on it to use the night vision camera effect on it:

Regards.

EN_Games and Peppo87 like this.
  50. joshua_42

joshua_42

Hello again. I'm having trouble with the Ground Adherence settings with root motion switched off. If I increase the Ground Adherence Down setting to stop the character from falling down slopes, it just seems to move the character at a faster speed than when on flat ground.

Also, is there an option to turn off the head-bob in first-person mode?

Cheers.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021