Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

29.9%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.1%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.1%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.7%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

It is not 3.02g, I have uploaded 3.02f version using unity 2019.1, so the asset is uploaded on both 2017.1 and 2019.1. Just to have that version as well, to reduce the import times. Not sure why appeared as new update, since the version number hasn't changed. Sorry for the confusion.

I keep working on 3.02g and it is pretty close to be complete, just a little more of wait :) In the meantime, anyone who want to try the beta, send me a PM.

Regards.

JRD likes this.
  2. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have made a tutorial to configure a new action based on animation to be activated by the input system using the action system:

Regards.

EN_Games, Peppo87, JRD and 2 others like this.
  3. danieljordanoff

danieljordanoff

I was wondering if a weapon such as a sword can easily be added along with some animations to swing it around and cause damage of course?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    sr388 likes this.
  4. sr388

sr388

Hi @danieljordanoff.

It is interesting that you ask that because while working in finishing the last details and checks of the update, I have been working in my free time in a feature to use grabbed objects, as melee weapons in preparation for the near melee combat system.

I have been improving it and adding a strafe tree in the animator when carrying a melee weapon on one or two hands:

There are two types of attacks, one played while the player can still moving (combining upper and lower body different animations) and the other pauses the rest of actions while the whole body is playing the animation. The system is very customizable and I will show more options and combinations of objects and weapons to use.

In the example also I have configured a few attacks of two types, regular and strong, each one activated by default with the two mouse buttons, having a few of each attack type configured on each object.

Maybe the animations look a little strange, I use mixamo animations for this, and some of them are not the best combination for a the movement tree, but you can always replace them with your own animations to look much better and also, this is a WIP, so you can expect improvements on it, which have been applied and which I want to show in the next days :)

Regards.

5. skdev

skdev

But it still not fixed the import problem. Ive tested the 3.02f reuploaded version with Unity 2020.1.0b15, Unity 2019.4.3f1LTS and 2019.3.15f1. Using an older Version is not an option for me.

6. sr388

sr388

Hi @skdev.

Yes, I know, that was a test to see if maybe the version uploaded on 2019.1 solved that bug on unity with the import loop from 2019.3.15f1, as there is nothing more I can do in my side (as the import process is an internal element that I haven't access to modify or check). Like I said, there is already an unity staff member checking that and a solution should be available soon. In the meantime, you can use 2019.3.14f1 which hasn't that asset database version 2 issue and you can upgrade your project on any moment once that new version of unity is available.

Regards.

skdev likes this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

After seeing this tweet: https://twitter.com/CodeerStudio/status/1266478409921843202?s=20

I got the idea to add the option to use the reticle in locked camera to set the movement direction of the player, similar to free view, but in locked view:

Also, I configured an example of the break window and jump over obstacle example, but allowing to break the window from damage, like firing at it:

Regards.

hopeful, syphon1977 and runealdoo like this.
  8. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I improved the character creator, adding the settings customization list, similar to other new wizards, such as vehicle, or weapons, to allow to set some main settings in the character directly when it is being created, such as configure the view as first person directly, without go to the camera and changing it:

The options that appear here can be customized at any moment and more will be placed by default, allowing much more options and previous customization when creating a new character/player.

Regards.

EN_Games, wersw73, syphon1977 and 2 others like this.
  9. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added an option on player camera states to configure if the camera follows player direction, to rotate always toward that direction. It has also an option to configure the rotation speed and if the camera can be rotated through input in that state, returning to auto rotation after a delay of time or keep the camera always looking at that direction, without taking into account the input:

And here a few examples of the jump over obstacle and the glass window breaking with different ways, along with another example of jump over the obstacle made directly on trigger, without input to activate (the second jump):

Regards.

EN_Games, Peppo87 and hopeful like this.
  10. hopeful

hopeful

Breaking glass is fun! :)

What about taking a running jump (not a vault) into the glass? Or a running charge into the glass?

Or flying into glass?

sr388 likes this.
  11. sr388

sr388

My after adding the glass example:

ThatEmbellishedAfricanjacana-small.gif

The glass has a health component attached, at it can received and detect damage from anything, projectiles, physical attacks, collisions, etc... so according to that, you can either activate an apply damage checking when doing certain actions and anything in its path will receive damage (and break in this case, activated by the death event).

In examples of the action system such as the kick, the system basically activates by event the push objects component, which can also apply damage, so you have a lot of options in that regard :) (you can see that in the tutorial video of the action system a few posts above: https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...02f-action-system.351456/page-82#post-6075039)

Related to fly, vehicles do the same, they can apply damage on collision (that can be customized for minimum values of collision speed, damage apply and multipliers according to the actual speed of vehicles).

Regards.

12. sr388

sr388

Hi everoyone.

I have been working in the last details of the weapon creator, including to create a prefab of the weapon object it self (the one that is placed inside characters which is the actual weapon it self), and testing that those prefabs can be used properly by just dropping them in the AI characters and use it without further settings needed, here a test:

Also, here an example showing the AI able to use reload animations on weapons through the action system just like the player:

Regards.

Altair44, EN_Games, hopeful and 2 others like this.
  13. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of using the skills system to unlock and activate abilities from the ability system, including to activate upgrades on them to increase its values, like a longer time active, reduce its cool down, reduce the energy required for those abilities that maybe use it (which is any stat value needed), so basically allows to link the skill system to unlock and activate abilities through it:

Regards.

14. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here more improvements for the character creator wizard, with a better organization of settings to configure in the player, so these settings are already applied directly once is created, without the need to go to each component to configure option by option. Also, more options have been added to the list and separated by categories. In the video, you can see the editor where these options are configured, which don't requiere extra code to add new options to be shown in the wizard, so new features can be added easily as new options to customize in the creator:

Also, I added an example of different kick door actions, one with a breaking panel and other same as the first example but pushing also anything behind the door, including AI (the one with the breaking panel has also this push objects setting), nothing is hardcoded, it is all customized with the current systems and actions/events options:

Regards.

EN_Games, JRD, runealdoo and 2 others like this.
  15. runealdoo

runealdoo

I like this a lot!

sr388 and JRD like this.
  16. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

More tasks and checks done (a part of the day went to the checks of the import on 2019.3.15f1 haha), I have improved the pickups text info on screen, including the option to show icons for the pickups taken (previously, that option needed some improvements, which have been applied now):

This also shows the option in the interaction system to pick multiple pickups around the player at once by holding the interaction key.

Thanks, really happy to hear that :)

Regards.

EN_Games, Unleaded-Games and Peppo87 like this.
  17. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a simple vault/jump over obstacle example too, with interaction button and made automatically when entering the trigger of the action system in a certain angle range and only if the player is moving towards it:

And here you can see some examples of breaking the glass for the jump over obstacles actions, which can be broken by other elements, like grenades or the ability to push objects:

Regards.

EN_Games, syphon1977, hopeful and 2 others like this.
  18. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

More tasks done, I have also configured a couple of examples of a locked door with planks that the player can physically grab and carry in order to remove them from the door and enable its action trigger in order to use it and enter inside the door. Another example allows to damage the planks in any way possible, to destroy them instead of grabbing them (though they can be grabbed too):

Regards.

19. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the component I added a few weeks ago to allow the player to open an ingame menu in a fixed place of the scene, like the bonfire, and how it is configured to show different menus, like inventory, quick travel station, etc...:

Along with the weapon creator wizard, I have added another small wizard window to add easily any of the weapons created to any character, avoiding the need to make the manual process of going into the prefabs folder, search the weapon, dropping it into the character/player and go to player weapons manager component to add it to the list. Instead, this system just need you to select the character, select the weapon and press the "add button", so the weapon is added automatically and ready to use:

Regards.

EN_Games, JRD, hopeful and 3 others like this.
  20. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been improving the locked camera system, adding new ways to control that mode, like adding an option to use a zoom in and out by moving the camera closer or farther from the player, instead of changing the camera fov, with values to the max and min distance and movement speed of the camera. Another option allows to rotate the locked camera horizontally (Y AXIS) with the mouse input instead of only by keys on the keyboard/gamepad:

I have also added a couple of elements to being able to use those abilities which use the aim state to throw objects in locked camera view, like the throw grenade or the throw stone (for noise) examples, so the position to throw those objects is where the reticle of the screen is located:

Regards.

EN_Games, JRD, Peppo87 and 3 others like this.
  21. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

More progress in the grabbed objects used as melee weapons, in this case, I have configured an example without activating the strafe mode, so the player can move freely and attack at any moment. Also, I have configured 6 attacks, 3 for each mouse button, so each one can activate the next attack if the input is pressed in less than x time (configurable in the grabbed object). In these videos, you can see that is a WIP:

Also, now allows a very smooth transition between each attack with an option to configure the minimum time wait during an attack to make the next one from input:

In the video you can see transition between three attack types/combos: regular (4), strong (3) and special (1), activated by mouse buttons and wheel press. This allows a very smooth change to the next attack without need for the player to wait and chain more. In the final part, I just press quickly to change between attacks, as for this example, the wait time for the next attack is small.

Regards.

Altair44, EN_Games, Peppo87 and 2 others like this.
  22. hopeful

hopeful

When you make the attack, do you know what object is being targeted? Or does it affect things in a field in front of the character?

Can we have both sorts of attacks? That is, targeted (single target) and area of effect (cone section / arc).

The benefit of having a single target type of attack is that if the target is moving you can match the angle of the player attack to the moving target. You know where the peak of the swing / thrust attack is (usually right in front of the player), so you can adjust the position / footing of the player at the beginning of the attack so that the angle is correct, and continue adjusting via IK as the target moves.

For area of effect, you can - optionally - show the arc, kind of like you did a few posts above for explosions.

sr388 likes this.
  23. Misaki_eKU

Misaki_eKU

Importing assets stuck at aircraft mesh.prefab

24. hopeful

hopeful

Yeah, that's an issue with recent versions of the Unity 2019 branch.

It's still an acknowledged but unfixed bug in the latest 2019.4.7 LTS ... "Asset Import Pipeline: [AssetDatabase2] Editor encounters an endless recursion when importing a Prefab from a Unity Package file."

As noted higher up on this page, the most recent version of Unity you can import GKC into is 2019.3.14f1.

Hopefully this bug will get squashed in next week's release of the 2019 LTS. We'll see.

sr388 likes this.
  25. sr388

sr388

@hopeful, not yet, but that exact element is planned for the main melee combat system on 3.03, as I want to add precisely that system to match the attack animation of the player with the closer enemy (having options to disable that and only use it with a targeted enemy or having it always active on combat).

This current melee attack system already allows to change the size of the damage trigger used to detect objects to damage on each attack, so according to the attack that you are doing, the radius of action can be changed to affect to more objets, so that can be customized as needed.

The system can also apply damage to each target detected on each attack, allowing to configure the timings of each attack to detect objects according to the movement of the animation, for example, an attack where the player makes 2 swings, there is a delay to when the character is moving the weapon to start an attack, then he makes a swing, prepares the weapon again and make the other one, so there are about 5 moments to set the damage:

1-Start attack (no damage)
    2-First swing (damage)
    3-Prepare to make the second swing (no damage)
    4-Second swing (damage)
    5-Transition to regular animation or next attack (no damage)

That avoids to apply damage to targets when the player is just preparing the attack on the animation or making a transition to another one and you can customize as much states on each attack as you need.

Don't hesitate to tell me more suggestions about the combat system, as they are always very useful and gives even more interesting ideas :)

@Misaki_eKU @hopeful yes, it is caused by a bug on unity and there is stuff which has been already working on it to fixed, related to the asset database version 2, which is the main cause.

You can see the info of the issue tracker here and the fix is pending for review for the versions of unity with that bug:

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-importing-a-prefab-from-a-unity-package-file

So very soon, those new versions of unity with the fix applied will be available.

upload_2020-8-6_18-2-50.png

In the meantime @Misaki_eKU , I recommend using unity 2019.3.14f1 or lower, where that bug on the database doesn't happen and the issue is affecting to 2019.3.15f1 and 2019.4. Any version equal or lower than that will work with GKC.

You can upgrade your version of unity for any of those newer versions once they are available without problem. Sorry again for the inconvenience, fortunately, it will be sorted in no time, let me know what you think :)

Regards.

hopeful likes this.
  26. hopeful

hopeful

Might also want to code it so the two target types mentioned can be combined in one attack. This way you can have the single target take the full damage of the attack, and those in the area of effect take "splash damage" ... usually something like half or less, or a different damage ... like the main target takes full damage, and everyone in the arc of the ... let's say, fire sword, also takes a small amount of fire damage over time.

Of course, there could be different FX triggered too, with the splash damage looking different from the main attack FX.

Oh ... another thing! Usually we want to limit the number of targets that can be affected by an attack. So let's say I'm hitting the single target with a Cold Bomb, and I want any additional targets within 2m of the target to take a movement slow effect (Chill) ... but only up to 3 targets. I this case I'd want to apply the Chill to the center target, and the two closest additional targets in the 2m sphere around him.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    sr388 likes this.
  27. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Grabbed objects such as a melee weapon can be placed in a certa position when the player is busy doing other action, like using abilities, but in others, can remains there, like when rolling:

And another option allows to set a camera limit for the lock-on target and you can see here the difference (it is moslty noticeable when the player is very close to the target) and the limit allows to keep the target properly on the screen with a better aspect. Option disabled:

And here enabled, with values of of about 40 degrees for up and down limit:

Each camera state can have its own camera limit for the lock-on state, allowing a lot of customization on it.

Yeah, that are also interesting ideas, though a little more complex to make it a system general enough but allowing all that type of customization haha. But I will put it on the todo list to think about it and find the best way to manage this kind of options. Also, some of those elements were already planned for 3.03 ;)

Regards.

EN_Games and Peppo87 like this.
  28. hopeful

hopeful

It seems like any attack should have a top level, which contains the attack name, animation, cool down (recharge) time, windup time, windup FX, casting time, casting FX, interrupt time, targeting range, animation target, and whatever else.

Then in an array under that, you'd have one or more of the actual attack mechanisms, with VFX, SFX, max targets, area of effect (single target, cone, sphere, etc.), damage, damage type, and status effects (damage modifier +/-, accuracy modifier _/-, movement speed modifier +/-, etc.).

But yeah ... a damage system with typed damage, typed resistance, and timed status effects (like stunned for 10 seconds) and stuff like that would be pretty big deal. There are assets on the store that handle such things, I think, so you might possibly want to defer to them. Or maybe do a better job of it. ;)

sr388 likes this.
  29. sr388

sr388

Yeah, most of that are already options available, where you can configure each attack available on each weapon, including the type of attack, duration, time to use it again, timing to activate the check objects to damage, etc...

Of course, that is what is planned to be done, adding and improving the system over next versions. In this update, I have been working on this melee system, which is maybe lighter than the one planned for 3.03, but the one in 3.02g is very powerful already and it has a lot of possibilities and customization.

For the upcoming 3.02g, the melee combat won't have the shields added, as the block system will use the melee weapon it self, but that will be added on the full melee system of 3.03, which along other elements will include the use of shields, melee weapons on each hand, combine melee and fire weapon, melee weapons managed on the inventory and melee AI combat as well with all the elements of the melee combat available on the AI too.

Regards.

hopeful likes this.
  30. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here more progress of the melee weapon with grabbed objects, having also a crouch strafe state for walk and run as well and smooth transition between walk, run, strafe, crouch and roll, including also the lock-on camera. One thing to notice is that the system allows to configure if the player moves freely when he carries a weapon or if it activates the strafe move. In this example, he moves freely, but the strafe state is activated when the lock-on target mode is active, like most melee system in games:

And here another example of the system it self (stills in WIP):

Regards.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  31. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an option to stop the current action that is playing in the player and resume his regular state if he changes its state from ground to air, like falling from a ledge:

So you can activate this option for those actions that should be stopped under such circumstance, including a delay to stop the action after a time, instead of immediately.

Also, another option in the lock-on target input which in case it doesn't find a target to lock, the player can activate/deactivate the strafe movement in the meantime:

Regards.

32. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

The new versions of unity 2019.4.8 and 2020.1.2 are already available on unity hub and unity web, having the import bug fix applied, so you can import the asset on these new versions without problem. Both versions have been tested and working properly:

Captura (2).png

unknown (7).png
    Regards.

EN_Games, hopeful, syphon1977 and 2 others like this.
  33. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an option to change the camera view from the current locked camera to third person at any moment with the same change camera input key configured to change the camera view between first and third person. If that button is pressed again, the view will change from the free third person view back to the locked camera view.

When the player exits from that locked camera view to free one again, the change camera view input will change the view again from third to first person and vice versa. This option can be enabled on just some locked camera view, all or none of them, according to what you need.

Regards.

34. Mr_squiggle

Mr_squiggle

Loving the new features! Looking forward to the upcoming melee update.

I was wondering if you’ll be adding anything like custom loading screens. And more options in the settings menu for stuff like changing the resolution or making it windowed etc. Or is that something already with unity. I’m still learning a lot of the features with that so I could have missed it apologies in advance if I did.

Also in terms of cinematics how much integration with cinemachine and cutscenes is there in it? I saw examples of the moving the camera. Can you have the option of installing custom animations in the timelines and play it out for cutscenes? I’ve only just started learning cinemachine and timeline and was hoping to integrate it with game kit controller.

Also is there an option with the ai if they spot you they play an animation then proceed to attack.

sr388 likes this.
  35. sr388

sr388

Thanks @Mr_squiggle, very happy to hear that :)

It has been a lot of fun to work on this system and has also allowed me to learn more about the animator system and even improve the main action system it self.

About loading screens, yes it is planned to be added, including options like show percentage of load, show messages or advices on the screen along with images and sound, etc... This is planned inside the improvements for the save system to include the rest of elements that are not included yet, related to info of objects on the scene besides the player and main info.

Same for ingame options like resolution and other graphic and game settings. There is already a menu option system which also store and loads the settings configured in game, and it allows to add new settings by customizing a list of options, so it doesn't need extra code to add more ingame options and save those values.

There is a couple of example demo scene for cutscene, having a waypoint camera system along with another system which allows to pause/resume player actions and hide/show the hud, in order to play cutscenes, which can use that waypoint camera or activate cinemachine through events, so you can start to use both cinemachine and timeline for that purpose. What I want to add in 3.03 update is a demo scene showing all these cutscene elements already configured, which is by events, so it is very straight forward to enable/disable each element according to the start or end of the cinematic.

There is the action system which allows to add custom actions based on animations, including events options, delays and much more, but it is made for ingame elements, but it could be used on cutscenes as well, but probably, cinemachine and timeline is more focused on that kind of elements, so it would be up to the user which one to use. Like I said, I want to configure a demo scene example showing all of this working together, but it can be used already.

About the AI, the action system is made to work on the AI as well, since all characters in the asset (player and AI/npc) use the same components to work, so anything new added or improved on the player is available on the AI. I am configuring the action system on all the AI for 3.02g, and there is a lot of action examples already available on the AI, which I will keep showing here in the next days.

Here you can see an example of the AI having damage reactions from melee attacks of the players. The melee system allows to trigger this kind of actions when it finds a target to damage during an specific attack, so it is very powerful, allowing to customize this kind of details for a certain attack if you need to:

Other actions allows to reload weapons as the player does, activate stealth kill or finish attacks, etc...and yes, an action could be activated on the AI when they spot a target through the action system too. I will probably configure an example of that too, including an option to configure a % of probability that a certain action is activated, to allow to configure that a character may doesn't do that all the time :)

Regards.

Altair44, JRD and Peppo87 like this.
  36. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added a couple of options, one for the locked camera system for views like top down, isometric, etc... to use a radius distance for the mouse reticle to be moved around the player, instead of the current square/rectangle limit. That allows to move the reticle using a circle clamp instead:

The other is an option on the ragdoll activator to customize better the death animation (when the ragdoll is not used and instead, an animation is played when the character dies), allowing to set the ID of the one to use and if the player gets up from belly or from back position for each one, being much more customizable now:

Regards.

Peppo87, EN_Games and runealdoo like this.
  37. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been making a little more of polish in the creator wizard components, improving its aspect and response to any resolution and size:

Also, I have checked that the lock-on system is not deactivated by the aim assist on weapons when the player aims, so it can be kept active (by an option, according to what you prefer), looking like this:

Regards.

DrOcto and EN_Games like this.
  38. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added the push objects component to the throw meteor ability through the events options, so on the impact, besides damage, rigidbodies will be pushed inside the detected radius:

Also, you can see an example of using the grappling hook and the kick action that was added on the tutorial video of the action system working together to get a mechanic similar to bulletstorm:

Regards.

EN_Games, hopeful and Peppo87 like this.
  39. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been improving the melee attacks with a grabbed object, and I have included the block action, allowing to avoid any damage, with the option to reduce it instead of remove it completely. Also, it has an option to configure the range of the damage blocked around the player, so instead of blocking everything, which would be 360º, you can configure any lower value, like in this video, which uses both 360º and 180º, so if the damage comes from behind, it will damage the character even if he is blocking:

Regards.

Peppo87, hopeful and blacksun666 like this.
  40. vincent01ab

vincent01ab

I followed lots of the demo videos of the Game Kit Controller. This is definitely one of the best controller(template or framework) asset. It provides so many tools. But I have a few questions. Is the character(controller) have the swimming ability? Like for example scuba diver actions? A 007 "Thunderball" like underwater melee or explorations would be great.

sr388 likes this.
  41. sr388

sr388

Thanks @vincent01ab, very happy to hear that, really appreciate the kind words :)

About your question, swim is planned to be added on 3.03, which is the next update after the upcoming 3.02g.

It will also include dive as well, and it will allow to use weapons and other abilities on that stat, similar to how the weapons can be used on the free floating mode, or zero gravity :)

Regards.

BriBill and vincent01ab like this.
  42. sr388

sr388

By the way, I wanted to tell to the users @alexsal2010 and @McHazard, to check their private messages on the forum, as I sent a PM to them through there, to help them with an issue that they commented in the review section of the asset store, but there is no way to contact the users through the review tool of the store, so I wanted to try here and see if I can reach them in any way here. The issue is related to the import loop bug from unity, happening in a couple of unity versions (2019.3.15f, 2019.4.1 and 2020.1.1), which was already fixed in the new releases of those versions: 2020.2.0a21, 2020.1.2f1 and 2019.4.8f1.

You can see more info here: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-importing-a-prefab-from-a-unity-package-file

Remember to always use the support email to get help, as it is the best way for support from the developer as I am always happy to help to anyone :)

Regards.

hopeful likes this.
  43. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been working on more little improvements, fixes, testing and polish for 3.02g. Some of that related to the 2.5d camera, improving the dynamic change of plane from XY to YZ and viceversa, including also an option to configure the camera limit more easily, by setting if a certain locked camera uses this camera clamp, instead of being activated by triggers, which allows to make better transitions and make them easier to customize. Also, I added an option to rotate the player toward the direction of the new plane directly, to face that new orientation:

Regards.

44. hopeful

hopeful

BTW, thank you so much for really embracing the concept of options. The flexibility that you enable is much appreciated! :)

sr388 likes this.
  45. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone

I have been improving the throw weapon mechanic, similar to god of war, but it can be used on any melee weapon (of course, it can be disabled in any of them as well). The "return" has more strength now and looks more satisfactory:

Thanks @hopeful, always happy to make the asset and its systems as customizable as possible :)

Regards.

46. neoshaman

neoshaman

Can you mix the throw with the grappling mechanics so we have ff15?

That is at any time the weapon is stuck on environment, you can fly to it

sr388 likes this.
  47. sr388

sr388

That sounds interesting, like creating a grappling hook point when the weapon attaches to a surface, so you don't even need to aim, just have the weapon visible on screen and you can been attracted to it and when you are close enough, get the weapon back.

I will put that on the todo list, thanks for the idea ;)

Regards.

48. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a little element that has been added to the melee attacks: a cutting mode, which allows to activate a mode where you can use the camera input to rotate the angle to make cuts to an object. But unlike the one in metal gear rising, this allows to both moving the player while the mode is active and toggle the camera rotation with the cut rotation, to adjust better the cut direction at any moment:

And here more improvements and additions to the melee attack system, related to the use of the cut/slice mode:

Regards.

49. neoshaman

neoshaman

What are the adjustable parameters? This probably need a lock on to avoid destroying everything and be more selective, think metroid type of lock on, but the cut is limited to the locked objects (acquired like with missile lock on)

sr388 likes this.
  50. sr388

sr388

An object can be cut if it has a custom component attached and configured for it, including if the cut functions are active on that object, else, the sword won't affect it.

On the slice mode, the sword also checks for objects to damage, even if those objects can't be sliced, they can receive damage. Also, another option allows to add physics forces to the objects detected in the trajectory of the weapon slice.

It could include other options, like you said, checking if the object to slice was the one which the player was looking by the lock-on system.

Let me know what you think @neoshaman ;)

Regards.

neoshaman likes this.