Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.0%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.1%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.5%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.6%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.4%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Hi @Don-Gray.

Haha, I thought you were going to post the issue here but I have just seen the message on the forum.

Thanks for your interest in the asset. Never have seen any similar issue before, I tried the demos before and they all worked.

Can you tell me more? What scene did you test? Did that happen in all the scenes?

I could make a new build with the current version 2.9 so far so you can try it out and tell me if it works properly.

Regards.

2. Don-Gray

Don-Gray

Hi, yes, tried it in at least 2 scenes.
    Looks like a gimble lock, or something, can send video if you like.
    Tried buying the asset at least 5 or 6 times with different payment option and still getting the error also. Of course, that's not connected with the demo issue.
    :)

3. sr388

sr388

Will send you a PM to check it out :)

Regards.

4. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Today I found the way to make a much better system to hang and climb a ledge. It needs a little of polish, but it is very solid (much than my previous tries). By default the player stills on the ledge until the vertical input is pressed, if the player press forward, the player will climb, if he press backward, he will loose the ledge.

climb ledge 1.gif

climb ledge 3.gif

climb ledge 4.gif

On 3.0, this will be extended for the whole climb system and also, this is a separated system (the previous climb ledge option was inside the player controller itself, so now is much cleaner and simple to manage).

Also, I will include in this system the same movement in first person, though in that case, it is not driven by animations like in this case.

Regards.

Mark_01, neoshaman, Mighty183 and 3 others like this.
  5. neoshaman

neoshaman

good good .... (sith emperor smile)

Though I was wondering, how much you will have to redo some system when you will implement scene management?

sr388 likes this.
  6. sr388

sr388

Oh yes.

I haven't planned totally yet how that system will be built, but the idea is to make the lower number of changes to current systems to work with it (of course, if it is necessary, previous systems can receive changes if they need adaptation to work with it).

Regards.

7. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been making some polishment to the climb ledge system, for animations transition and also, include the additions to do it in first person as well.

climb ledge 10.gif

climb ledge 12.gif

Also, it has options to keep and draw the weapon automatically once the climb action is over, checking if the player was carrying weapons previously if the option to draw them again is active (in third person just needs an little offset to place in the exact position without that jump from the end).

climb ledge 11.gif

climb ledge 13.gif

climb ledge 14.gif

Btw as a reminder, on march 16th, this saturday, I will make an interview with the messy coder about GKC on his twitch.

Regards.

8. Kilonne

Kilonne

Looks cool :) Do you plan to add Behavior Designer AI compatibility, bow, swords and spears combat, RTS mechanics and building, horses and animal riding..?

In first person i guess maybe with the climb ledge system it would be more realistic to come close to the wall, to sheathe to have your hands free, then to bend down slightly for momentum, before to jump and to do as it is now?

sr388 likes this.
  9. sr388

sr388

Thanks @Kilonne.

Yes, in fact all what you mentioned is planned to be added, including AI for animals, which can be ridden and controlled as well with the possession system. Part of the elements you said will arrive in the next updates inside 3.0 (the current 2.9 should be ready next week). Melee weapons will arrive too in the melee combat system and I want to experiment with RTS elements as well, since elements like cameras already allows to have that kind of camera views as well.

About climb, yes, it is planned to add arms in first person which make the lift action. It is that what you mean or you talk about more elements in the climb system? I took as inspiration the climb action from doom 2016, which also shows player's arms as well.

Regards.

Mark_01 and neoshaman like this.
  10. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

The messy coder sent me the image of the interview, here a reminder: Tomorow, I will make an interview with the messy coder about GKC on his twitch at 9:00 PM GMT.

GKC.jpg

You can find it here: https://www.twitch.tv/themessycoder

Regards.

11. neoshaman

neoshaman

I have heard you wanted to have the throw and recall of god of war. Since I'm the chaotic evil god of feature creep, I propose you that: make it so we can also do the ff15 prince zip through toward the blade, and that the blade also stick on moving/rotating platform, so we can do that cancelled scene where the water esper attack and everything is collapsing around the prince. It's a challenge :cool:

Also the same game magic weapon selection/shield system but not just for sword, because rules of cool ...

You already have the system in place to have the sick demo fight where he is battling on the side of the castle .... we are half way toward remaking vs 13, the true and only original version :D

20:56 to 22:34 is the collapsing stuff I was talking about, since there is half a dozen trailers I had to pick this one just to find out ... lol

sr388 likes this.
  12. sr388

sr388

Yes, feature creep, I love that guy.

Don't know why I didn't think in these trailers, the game looks far better in them that the final result.

Yeah, they are very interestin, and like you said, there are some interesting elements from here that could be added.

Something I want to make is allow the player to move while the gravity direction changes slowly, to get effects like that too.

And also, launch the sword and appear there is also an interesing mechanic that could be configured in that throw and return system, but with the player instead, or maybe even have both actions in separated input, so you can use one or other according to situation.

Considered all added in the todo list xd.

Btw, I am without pc the rest of the weekend due to the mini laptop I use on town has died and been unable to make it work, but tomorrow will return to city and there I have the usual pc where I work.

Also, no progress has been lost, everything is stored in the repository, so no problem on that.

Regards.

neoshaman likes this.
  13. hopeful

hopeful

Sorry to hear about your mini laptop, but glad you had everything backed up. :)

sr388 likes this.
  14. neoshaman

neoshaman

rest in piece mini laptop, you were tiny but not puny:

also offer the option to not just teleport to the sword/power/weapon but to be "recalled" by it like you can recall it, ie move toward it (with an option to cancel on impact/input/event)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    sr388 likes this.
  15. sr388

sr388

Yeah, very happy using github so far, really useful.

It was a powerful warrior, giving its blood until the last battle.

Yeah, I think a lot of different uses for the sword/weapon throw/recall can be added, it will be a matter of experimentation haha, very curious to start with it.

Regards.

neoshaman likes this.
  16. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have just remembered this video review the messy coder made a year ago about GKC (may 2018), for version 2.4c if I am not wrong (which I didn't know he made until a couple of weeks ago). It is very funny to see how much the asset has changed since then haha.

Regards.

17. chrisk

chrisk

Awesome interview. I learned a lot about GKC just watching the video. ^^

sr388 likes this.
  18. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

More improvements in the climb system, now allows to jump when the player is hanging from a ledge, so instead of climb the player can just jump.

Also, the system allows to check for moving platforms, so the player is translated correctly on them while is grabbed to the ledge. This is combined with the system in the player to move properly on platforms which are rotating or moving.

Also, the transition from climbing to regular state has been improved as well, being much more smoother now. I have also started to structure in my head how the whole climb system will be made, for both breath of the wild and assassins creed style, and they could take less time that I expected at first.

Thanks man, happy to hear that, the interview was very funny and I felt it was too short (or the time passed very quickly xd).

Regards.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    Mark_01, neoshaman, Wetw0rx and 2 others like this.
  19. neoshaman

neoshaman

Another thing about rotating platform and climbing. If you played botw, you will notice on some platform, link don't update rotation (the raft) around the up vector, but some do while makin some action, how about an optional dynamic bool to simulate that behavior (it has gameplay consequence, ie stability of direction, like when aiming).

sr388 likes this.
  20. Frax228

Frax228

how stable is this asset to make a full game?

sr388 likes this.
  21. sr388

sr388

Mmmm interesting, didn't think about that. I could try to add an option like that, though not sure if it would need to just keep the up rotation value or more additions, but I am curious to see it. Will put it in the todo list.

Hi @Frax228. Thanks for your interest in the asset.

Right now the asset is pretty stable and bug free (though there could be some unnoticed, but it is something normal when adding new systems or features regularly, though a big part of every content is always related to improved previous elements and any bug noticed by me or other users is fixed in the moment or asap).

The objective of the asset is to being able to make a game from beginning to end without need of external assets or elements and it is close to achieve that.

There are also elements that will be added soon like a pooling system to manage instantiated objects over all the game and an improved save system, to store info related to everything needed, from player state,stats, skills, upgrades, changes in the level, like inventory objects used on places, puzzles solved, dead enemies, mission/story/objectives, etc...

At the same time, more game modes are added to being able to make different genres of games, from fps, to third person, 3d or 2.5d perspective, shooter, puzzle, adventure, locked camera style, point and click, top down, isometric, survival horror, etc... and also including full mobile support for all actions, with touch buttons, joysticks and touchpads.

And also in the process of adding local multiplayer with split screen and all the other type of views and genres with multiple players, to achieve games like a way out, unravel, camera views like smash for multiple players, etc...

There are a few games/projects in development right now using GKC, like an open world, a locked camera style similar to silent hill/resident evil old games, an scifi fps and a few more.

Don't doubt to ask anything else about the asset, including suggestions or elements that you would like to be added or improved.

Regards.

neoshaman likes this.
  22. Frax228

Frax228

There are any tutorial videos how setup character? Or this asset all in one? Can I disable the modules I do not need?

23. sr388

sr388

There are not video tutorials yet, but they are planned to be done, once the documentation is complete (the doc is in process right now, but there are different systems explained on it already).

There is already a new version for the basic setup and first steps, which also explains how to setup a new character, which literally takes just a few seconds using a character creator wizard. Here you can see this new version of the doc:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/74xm3rp9u...ntation 2.4d (First Steps and Setup).pdf?dl=0

And the previous version will be extended and updated with new content soon:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zo4xv2zc2wttw8h/Game Kit Controller Documentation 2.4b.pdf?dl=0

About the asset, yes it is an engine asset, instead of only just a controller, allowing to use a lot of systems, such as custom input with tons of customization, inventory, weapons, map system, vehicles, AI, save system, interaction with the level, use of devices, puzzles, gravity manipulation, powers, abilities, and a lot more.

And yes, you can disable any feature not needed, to adjust the controller and the rest of elements to what you need exactly. The player has a features manager system where most important features can be configured in the same inspector, instead of go and configure every inspector one by one.

Regards.

Mark_01 likes this.
  24. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

More improvements and polish in the climb ledge system.

Added ledge zone system to configure zones which usually the climb system wouldn’t consider able to be climbed due to the low space for the raycast check, like a ledge in the middle of a wall, so the player can hang from it even if there is no enough space above that ledge to climb. This system also allows to configure if the ledge can be climbed or not, so the player can grab that ledge and perform other action, like jump from that ledge or lose it.

Another option checks if there are surfaces below the player when he is hanging from a ledge, so if a surface is detected, from a moving platform or if the player is hanged from a moving platform, he will climb automatically.

climb ledge new improvements 1.gif

The ledge zone system can be also attached to any surface collider to prevent the player from grab to the ledge of that surface, with an extra option in the player to check for this component in the current object in front of the player which could be used as ledge to grab.

Here the component is attached to the top part of the mansion with the option to avoid grab ledge enabled.

climb ledge new improvements 2.gif
    Here the option to avoid grab ledge is disabled.

climb ledge new improvements 3.gif

This same component also can be configured as a trigger for the same purpose, avoiding that the player can grab a ledge if he is inside this trigger. In this case, the trigger avoids the player from grab the ledge only in the front part of the top of the mansion

climb ledge new improvements 5.gif

climb ledge new improvements 6.gif

Regards.

neoshaman, mindfulmx and Brian-Ryer like this.
  25. neoshaman

neoshaman

Another way to see it, is like platform rotating around "horizontal" axis, the character still stay upright even though the slope change, except when you want "magnetic" platform, then you need an option to enable that too. Which I think you already have.

sr388 likes this.
  26. sr388

sr388

Yeah, you are right, it would much pretty much like that, maybe options for keep the same rotation that a platform, only XZ rotation value or none of them, following only on position but not rotation.

Regards.

neoshaman likes this.
  27. neoshaman

neoshaman

Why not a bool for each othe axis for both rotation and position, for anyone making really odd physics game....

FEATURE CREEP!

(the recurring villain of this series)

sr388 likes this.
  28. hopeful

hopeful

Is all ledge detection / climbing controlled by triggers, or is some of it simply sensing the surroundings and climbing when physically appropriate?

sr388 likes this.
  29. sr388

sr388

Exactly. Yeah, options for the 3 axis are good too.

I would say both. The main system uses raycast to check ledges when the player is on the air, so any type of surface can be climbed by the player.

But also, triggers can be configured close to the edge of any surface to set if that ledge can be grabbed and/or climbed by the player, so limits can be configured in the level if needed.

Also, instead of triggers, you can attach directly the ledge zone system component to any surface to configure limits on that surface, so the player maybe can only grab and hang from a ledge, but not climb, or also not even grab to that ledge. It is very flexible, so you can only use the climb ledge system in the player and he is able to grab and climb any surface or use the trigger/attach component to configure limits.

I also made a final option for this initial version of the climb ledge system and it works much better that I expected. Will show that option later today.

Regards.

neoshaman likes this.
  30. hopeful

hopeful

So the basic code operates without triggers ... good. For me, I'd like for players to be capable of scrambling up any suitable surface, including other players. ;)

sr388 likes this.
  31. sr388

sr388

Yeah, there is no need for placing triggers for it over the level unless you want to. I always like to give as many options as possible. And yes, you can actually jump over players, the main setting is to add more layers in the layermask field to detect surfaces, so players could the treated as surfaces to hang and climb haha.

Regards.

32. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here the last option that will be added for now for the climb ledge system: automatic hang from ledge.

It works by checking the surface in the ground in front of the player, so if no surface is found and has enough depth (at least player height) it is stored as a ledge which can be grabbed by the player.

In that case, the system has an option to show the player that a ledge is found and by making a quick press of the movement key toward that direction (WASD), the player will automatically move toward that ledge, fall and then grab it, taking the control of the movement input for a brief amount of time, making the player to move toward the ledge and then rotate toward it, like regular input could do.

This movement is made by a new function in the player input manager which overrides the actual movement keys with a new vector value (configured using a direction or position to move, in this case, the position of the ledge). This new function will be also used on other elements, like make the player to move to a certain position before play an animation or perform an action.

The other option is that when the player moves toward a ledge, the system will automatically trigger the above function without need to make the quick press key action.

The action to move to the ledge automatically can be cancelled just by pressing any movement direction. It also works in any camera view, from first person, to fixed camera, top down, 2.5d, ,etc...

Also, the system now recognizes the movement direction pressed to indicate the player to climb or lose the ledge once he is hanging from it (using WASD), so according to camera direction and the forward direction of the player, the movement key pressed is checked, so if it has the same direction, the player will climb, else, the player will lose from the ledge (for example, the player hanging toward positive Z axis and camera looking toward positive X axis, the direction to press is A, other direction will make the player to lose the ledge).

Regards.

neoshaman likes this.
  33. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I noticed that the rotation of the camera was a little awkward in both first and third person, and thought it could be a not proper setting in the player camera values, but I have seen that adding some extra fields could improve this, so instead of a rotation speed used to multiply directly the input of the mouse (or gamepad or touch joystick), with same value for both views.

I have separated that field into vertical and horizontal speed for both first and third person separately. This allows to have a much precise camera rotation and more customization for it

The upper body rotation is now smoother, moving the code which manages the rotation amount to fixed update. Here the movement before (with a higher rotation speed, so the upper body rotates toward the camera faster and look better).

And here the movement now (the gifs quality doesn't allow to notice it too much xd):

Also, motorbike stabilization has been improved, using torque for it and it works in any gravity direction.

The left and right movements are just me changing the Z rotation value and the motorbike stabilizes quickly and it the first gif, the stabilization is disabled in the first moment.

Regards.

34. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Very useful. Can we get a check box for the auto flip on vehicles too? I would like the option to make the car stay flipped over if the player wrecks.
    I'm currently working on vehicles again and I had some cool results mixing some GKC systems.
    For instance, using GKC door prefabs to open the hood/doors/trunk of cars and adding physically carry objects and inventory banks to crates and AIs. I've got it to where I can transport boxes in trucks and spaceships and it's pretty solid.
    Now I wanna extend this all further and create a system of vehicle "conditions".
    Booleans that can be used to put the vehicle in certain states like "flat tire", "overheated", "stuck in the mud" etc. These can be triggered by collider, event, etc causing the player to have to deal with an issue.
    I was then thinking of using a modified version of the GKC fuse puzzle prefab to be accessible from the hood of the car to allow the player to repair the engine by placing parts like the wires and fuses to make it work again.
    I already made a lights and dashboard system for cars that controls the guages and was easily able to pass values around thanks to GKCs easy to work with code.
    The idea is to give the player a sense that the vehicle must be maintained and driven with skill to keep it. Also allowing the player to find a broken down car and fix it to get around and transport loot. The possibility of different vehicles being able to traverse different terrain (like a car would get stuck in the mud but a truck could pass). Shooting tires to disable cars or overheating when using the boost too much.
    Sounds complex at first but this can be easily achieved by tweaking some values in the wheel colliders or car controller and creating a check for weather the car can start or not for example.
    I wrote a tiny script as a proof of concept that plays a looping car start audio clip when the car is unable to start and it got me thinking... A lot lol

neoshaman and sr388 like this.
  35. sr388

sr388

Yes, I will add an option for that ;)

Cool, don't think I forgot the cargo system for vehicles, it will arrive in 3.0 along with a full space ship with a lot of elements to interact.

Sounds very interesting, I think the best way to achieve that would be to make a new component with a list of possible states for the vehicle which could be triggered, so it is a general system which can be accessed for a trigger system or a general manager, just by getting that component from any vehicle, instead of having certain states in different scripts.

Also, in every state of that list, an event can be configured to activate specific functions from a vehicle controller or any of its components, like you said later in this message, to change wheel collider state to make it not usable, or disable one of the engines of the hovercraft, etc...

It sounds pretty achievable actually.

Even adding components like you said like using the fuse box (which is a system to place inventory objects to trigger functions), so it could be used to have something similar to engines and pieces parts that can be replaced over time or activate "broken" states, so they can be replaced to call the "ok" state on a vehicle, so it can be driven normally again.

A good example of this is jalopy:

Make a similar system is planned since some time ago and the idea is to make it as modular and general as possible but keeping all the customization needed.

And what you said gave me more ideas to achieve exactly this. I will put your message in the todo list as a scheme to work on this on 3.0, most part of this structure is already moving in my head haha.

In the meantime, feel free to show any progress or ask about how to make any part of it.

Regards.

Mark_01, Testmobile and Wetw0rx like this.
  36. westryder907

westryder907

I'm at a loss for words at what might be causing this issue here but whenever I test play my game I get a weird scrambled representation of what I'm guessing is the player model on a blank(black) background.

This happened AFTER I already imported TerrainComposer2, CTS & Vegetation Studio. Would anyone have a suggestion on a way to fix this? I've been stuck on it for 2 days now. Here's a video showing the issue, thanks! It only started happening when I imported Game Controller Kit.

P.S This asset is amazing and it is really one of the best purchases / downloads on the Unity3D Asset Store! Keep up the amazing work! :) The climbing system being added is very appreciated!

37. sr388

sr388

Hi @westryder907.

Thank you very much for your nice words, very appreciated, it helps to keep working harder on the asset :D. Can't wait to work on the full climb system (already playing more breath of the wild to see how that system works).

About the issue, mmmm, very strange, never have seen something similar to that before. The messages on the console looks like some object has been displaced in a very far away position (seeing that he also disappears from his initial position on the left part of the screen., though not sure if that object is the player or why.

There shouldn't be any problem using other terrain solution beside the unity terrain. We could make a remote session, so I can see directly the project and find the possible cause. I can make this session with you anytime tomorrow, using chrome remote desktop. Tell me what you think.

Regards.

38. westryder907

westryder907

PM sent, thank you!

sr388 likes this.
  39. neoshaman

neoshaman

Feature creeps is back ... given than you have climbing, project to have that ff13 crumbling level emulated, surface walking, moving platform probably with climing ... why not have a system that emulate something like shadow of teh collossus? A giant is basically a walking moving platform... I heard it's quite the challenge though because of skin mesh, but a "rigid" collossus version can be acceptable :p I think there is a gdc also about how they did that in god of war 3 titan fight. The skin mesh version would be basically finding the triangle, deducing the vertex positions of the triangle, modified by the pose weight, AND sync to the visual animation, AND transition the anchor to other triangle as it move, AND collision (hard part) to guess the proper position of the anchor as a barycenter.

Also since we have the thor's hammer/ god of war's axe, why not go a step further and generalized it as a link's OOT/twilight boomerang? ie it picked up things on the trajectory, in fact technically we can generalize it as a kind of grappling hook like in zelda oot, or devil may cry 4/6 "nero's arms" (ie bring you to the enemy or bring enemy back to you) which could also latch on environement (like in sekiro). They are all the same underlying projectile principle, with the boomerang having the most different movement (homing arc instead of straight line), but with added system option to pull either player or item in some way.

Now spiderman/overwatch's hamste/just cause grappling hook is entirely different (physic based) but ... :D

sr388 likes this.
  40. sr388

sr388

Sorry for the time to replay, wasn't able to do it before though I read your message and I always like to answer properly :)

That sounds very cool and interesting (and now I am curious to try it but will need to wait to start with the climb system xd). I think there is a system to make a kind of "raycast" for 3d meshes without a collider, so I would try something like that (probably similar to what you said).

The rest of elements needed for this "climb moving creatures" would be already inside the current climb ledge (and the future climb system), since it can manages moving and rotating elements, making the player to move inside of it.

Yeah, the feature itself reminded me to the boomerang to pick objects, it would be very useful and would be very easy to add to the behavior of that weapon.

And about devil may cry hook, thought the same when I saw that mechanic in that game and in seikiro, to move toward an enemy (if too big to bring it to you) or move enemies or objects to you. There would be different options like if the object is a fixed element, or moving, if can be attracted to player or not, etc...

And yes, the grappling hook mechanics from spiderman/just cause is planned to be added in 3.0, probably in the update focused on weapons (if not before haha).

And now, I will take your message directly to the todo list, I like to read the suggestions straight from the exact text as a guide :D. Thanks for the suggestions, and I think Feature creeps is more an anti hero than a villain.

Regards.

neoshaman and hopeful like this.
  41. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

This weekend, has been used to improve the animator, remove a couple of layers which can be placed inside the main one with less elements needed, improved movement transitions when player looks and rotates automatically toward the camera and a few minor things

I have been configuring the running strafe animations. The new changes in the animator makes easier to add this animations and new ones for new actions, only need that the person who made the animations apply a couple of settings to being able to use it with root motion, so that should be ready.

Will also change the actual run system (which basically only increase animation speed) and set a real sprinting animation, though the option to change animation speed in the animator won't be removed, so that can be used as a power/ability/similar.

Very happy with the new animator settings and learning more about it, which will make easier to work on the future swim, melee combat, climb and other actions with animations.

Also, in the upper body rotation system, I have added clamps with minimum and maximum values for how much the chest and spine are rotated toward camera direction in aiming mode.

Here the limits are 30 for maximum and minimum.

Here the maximum limit is 10 and the minimum is 30.

Here the limits are 10 for maximum and minimum.

This could look not too much useful, bu in 3.0, not only the spine will rotate, but the arms will also rotate toward the camera direction, looking like the player is actually moving his arms to aim up and down, with a more organic behavior, so the rotation in the upper body will be more limited combined with arm rotation.

By the way, I have made a beta 0.2 for the version 2.9, with all the current content so far include, so anyone who want to try it out, send me a PM.

Regards.

Wetw0rx likes this.
  42. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Between the improvements of the animator, the player already checks if he in aiming mode or not and applies a different strafe tree, in this case, the left direction changes, making him to move to left, but the legs face to right, to avoid awkward rotation of the body.

The interface system on vehicles allow now to move and rotate every panel in that interface (there is a list where any amount of panels of the interface can be configured to being able to move and translate them). For this, in every panel, 3 button are configured, one to move the panel, one to rotate it and one to reset its position and rotation. To move or rotate, just need to press and hold the left mouse button and move it to apply movement or rotation to the selected panel.

Added option on the motorbike to allow the player to place the right or left foot on the ground when the speed is close to 0. The motorbike also inclines to the side where the foot is placed which is selected by checking the current inclination of the motorbike and the side where the inclination angle is bigger is the side where the player leans. When the speed is higher than the close value to 0 configured, the motorbike is rotated again toward the center and the player places his foot back to its regular position on the motorbike.There are options for foot movement speed, motorbike inclination amount and rotation speed.

Regards.

Mark_01, Wetw0rx, neoshaman and 2 others like this.
  43. blacksun666

blacksun666

it would be great if you added support for a stand on the motorbike type vehicle so as the driver gets off a stand is lowered and the bike leans to that side.

sr388 and hopeful like this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Yeah, it is exactly what I am going to add for the motorbike for 2.9.

Regards.

Mark_01 and hopeful like this.
  45. Razmot

Razmot

sr388 likes this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Wetw0rx, hopeful and neoshaman like this.
  47. MegaCo

MegaCo

what version of unity is the asset most stable on?

48. sr388

sr388

Hi @MegaCo.

The minimum version is 2017.1.0f3. From there, any higher version of unity works properly with GKC. I have tried several versions of 2018 too and no problem neither.

Regards.

MegaCo likes this.
  49. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an option on weapons to disable the IK on player's arms once he draws a weapon and the weapon itself is placed inside the hand used to draw the weapon.

Like that, instead of have a fixed position to carry, the player arms can move freely while he is not aiming or firing. On that case, the IK is activated again and weapon is placed in the aim position. Also, it is made smoothly to avoid any awkward movement.

Something good is that I have improved the draw weapon action on third person, making a smoother movement and there will be more improvements for this IK system on 3.0 This option also works if the quick draw weapon action is active.

Btw, @blacksun666, I have added the stand on the motorbike, and if if the player is not driving it, it keeps inclined in the same direction that was before the player gets off, and when there is no driver, a stand is lowered below the motorbike, with a simple animation (maybe it is a little hard to see haha).

Regards.

50. sr388

sr388

Hi @Aceego.

I should remove that video due to it is outdated. The system works in a different way since some updates ago, being more easy and fast. Take a look at this new doc content for the first steps and basic use. You can see how to create a new model here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/74xm3rp9u...ntation 2.4d (First Steps and Setup).pdf?dl=0

Tell me if this works properly or not.

Regards.