Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

29.9%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.1%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.1%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.7%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. paulojsam

paulojsam

maybe its the best for you to send me the script, im horrible with dealing with coding, i always screw it up :S
    Regarding future upgrades of your wonderfull pack what is the best procedure? delete and reeinstall?
    Thank you again!

2. sr388

sr388

Ok, no problem. I will send you a PM for the script.

About new versions, you can just overwrite the GKC folder, you mostly need to create a new character, in order to use the new features/elements.

I am working on a system to save/load the settings of any character into scriptable objects, to make easy to move them between characters and GKC versions.

Regards.

hopeful and JRD like this.
  3. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a quick video showing the new workflow of the weapon wizard creator combined with the faster creation of the inventory objects and pickups for weapon and ammo, allowing to have a new weapon ready to use in just a few clicks and seconds:

Also, I have added another option to the weapon creator wizard, to add the weapon ammo in the same creation process when the weapon is created, avoiding the last steps of the above video.

Regards.

4. sr388

sr388

@muddmaster not sure if some issue happened or maybe you removed your question about the swim system.

It is planned to be added on 3.03 update (next main update). The way planned for it is to make a separated script to manage the water detection and activate the animator state for the swim/dive state. In that way, the player will be able to perform other actions, like using weapons while swimming.

I considered to use the action system for the swim system (and probably will make some test with it), but I think the best way will be to have a new and separated script just for the swim system it self, to make it easier to manage, extend and perform other actions while on this state easily.

Also, it would be similar to the zero gravity mode in the meaning that basically would pause the gravity management on the player controller to avoid the player for falling while on air (water). Beyond that, the rest of elements would be managed by the swim component, including the animator parameters.

Haven't much more details about how the system will work, since I haven't started the to work on the code it self, but that would be mostly all the elements needed for it. So probably the best is to wait for the official system to arrive in 3.03, so you can work on other elements of your project in the meantime.

Regards.

Unleaded-Games and Altair44 like this.
  5. muddmaster

muddmaster

thanks
    I did try a few thing to get character to swim but didn't work out well I will wait till you get something started
    this will take some time to do
    best of luck I will be looking forward to it .

sr388 likes this.
  6. JRD

JRD

Hi...

Not sure why i can not seem to be able to import a fresh install or import of GKC into a new project using 2019.4.01

Lastnight before going to bed i thought i would update my project from 2019.3.9.. to 2019.4 and it got hung when converting. So I had to access the task manager and shut down Unity for it to stop. This morning i wanted to test GKC and imported GKC into 2019.4 and it got hung up again when it reached importing... Chest Locked (With Move Device To Camera).prefab. The Asset Pipeline was set to 2 as the active version when trying to import GKC

i took a screen shot and have attached.

Attached Files:

7. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here another couple of action examples that I have configured, to climb an obstacle directly on trigger or using input for it:

Cool, happy to hear that :)

Hi @JRD.

Yes, the cause is a bug in that version of unity 2019.3.15f1 and 2019.4 related to the asset database version 2, which is the system which unity uses to import content to the editor.

it seems that for random causes, it enters in an infinite loop at a certain point. Unity already knows about this issue, which has happened in different versions of unity 2019 (not GKC, but unity itself) and it should be fixed soon.

In the meantime, I recommend using unity 2019.3.14f1 (or the version you use currently as the one that I said is the maximum version where that bug on the database doesn't happen, the issue is affecting to 2019.3.15f1 and 2019.4), which doesn't have this asset database issue. Any version equal or lower than that will work with GKC.

Sorry again for the inconvenience, let me know what you think :)

Regards.

Peppo87 likes this.
  8. JRD

JRD

Ok I think i will just continue on. :)

Well i have you in the house, just want to say how easy if was for me last night to create an armed enemy ai. i can remember years ago i labored over trying to get an ai to shoot me and chase me and here i did it with your character creator in less then 1 minute :). Let just say i was shocked when i approched the ai and he turned around and started chasing me and shooting me. Not only that the heatlh and animation already setup for when i shot my new ai down also was very happy to see i would not have to worry about that!

2 questions for you. Is there a video or a tutorial on how to get an GKC AI to move or walk around to using the waypoints. I can not seem to get the ai to patrol he just stands there till i trigger him then he chases me down.

also when i pickup the ai character when i shoot him and he is dead, I go to put him down but he just flys in the air like i am super man with super strength. Thanks!

sr388 likes this.
  9. sr388

sr388

Thanks @JRD, very happy to hear that. I really appreciate to hear that feedback, to know if everything goes in the right direction or not :)

About your questions, here the usual steps required to add the patrol system to any AI:

Besides set the position of each waypoint and adding or removing them, there is no more extra settings needed, just press the add button to drop the patrol there and the button to adjust the waypoints to the ground. Send me a PM if you don't manage the patrol system to work properly if you check the steps of that video.

About the AI, sounds like maybe there is some extra collider active inside the model, which could collide with the ragdoll that is on its body, doing what you said. Tell me more about that as well and check if there is some extra collider on the skeleton or the main model. I have seen models from the asset store that contained some box or capsule collider without reason.

Regards.

Peppo87 likes this.
  10. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added an example of the action system triggered by inventory objects, like using a consumable, in this example beer (of course it is beer xd) and health, and it could be used for any other, like food, heal, drink other elements, use bandages, etc... and more examples will be added. It is really easy, as it just uses the remote event option on the inventory object, calling to the component of the player which activates the custom action it self:

Regards.

hopeful and Peppo87 like this.
  11. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to say that is always a good moment to sit on front of a fire and take a break:

I have a few more new action examples configured, as it is really quick and easy to add new ones haha.

Regards.

hopeful and Peppo87 like this.
  12. syphon1977

syphon1977

The wait for 3.02g is killing me! Do you have a release date?
    Is the Create New Vehicle workflow going to be updated? If not, do you have instructions for it?
    Do you have a list of what will be updated that you can share with us now?

sr388 likes this.
  13. Mythran

Mythran

Hello, i would like to know if with this kit it is possible to vault, specifically vault over a window frame or into a window frame, and auto crouch while on the window frame.
    Thanks

sr388 likes this.
  14. sr388

sr388

I am mostly finishing the last details of the update, with just minor stuff related to testing, and some bug here and there which are almost removed. Just a little more of time, sorry for the long wait, I am also very excited to release this new version, as it is a big improvement for all the systems and increase by a lot the current possibilities :)

About the vehicle creator workflow, yes, all wizard creators have been improved, with a better window design and some new options and workflow improvements, to make them better to use. Did you have any issue using the current vehicle creator? In that case, please, send me a PM or by the email support to know more about it and solve it asap :)

I have a changelog file which I can post here later today, so you can get a better idea of everything what has been added, changed or improved.

Hi @Mythran. Yes, there is a few vault actions examples configured, some of a simple obstacle jump, other with climbing an obstacle, sliding behind an obstacle, and breaking and jumping over a window, with different ways to trigger both glass breaking and jump over it.

Here you can see some examples of vault, rolling, sliding and others, some triggered by elements of the scene, others to interact by button and others activated by input to be used at any time (I added the first one right after seeing the gameplay of the last of us 2 haha):

The action system has been boosted for the upcoming update, with more customization options and a lot more of examples ready to use :D

Let me know what you think.

Regards.

15. Mythran

Mythran

I'm thinking all of this is just awsome! Gonna buy the asset!

syphon1977 and sr388 like this.
  16. sr388

sr388

Thanks @Mythran for your kind words and very happy to hear that, really appreciate it :)

The new update 3.02g will include more examples, as I have some more progress to show here in the forum about the new update. I will also post the changelog later today.

Btw, once you get the asset, to try the action system examples, remember that there is a link in the documentation (it is better explained there) with the package of animations used on those examples (any animation can be used on the action system, as it uses the animator system of unity, so it has all its possibilities), so it is just a matter of download that package, import, close and open unity and the animations are directly assigned and ready to use :)

Regards.

Peppo87, Mythran and syphon1977 like this.
  17. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

As I recently played a little of resident evil 4, I got the idea of configuring an action example to open doors...in a gentle way, similar to the game haha (nothing is hard coded, it is all configured with the action system, including closing the door after x time):

Regards.

Peppo87 likes this.
  18. neoshaman

neoshaman

what happen when the door close but you are in the way (QA experience here lol), my tingling sense are telling me the door should detect if the player is on the way before closing (to avoid potential collision bug due to animation forcing himself through a collider)

sr388 likes this.
  19. sr388

sr388

The door in that video uses the door system, so it detects if the player is inside its trigger or not to be closed automatically if the player exits that trigger (another option that is active for this case).

So as long as the player is on its way, it won't be closed, pretty much like in resident evil 4 door logic. The door system uses a list of tags to detect the objects inside its trigger, so you can also set the AI characters as targets to take into account for that, so if an AI is on its way, the door can be kept opened.

@sas67uss I think you asked about an aim assist for weapons but seems that the message doesn't appear on the forum (maybe you removed it or it was some issue). That option is already included and active by default (I think all if not most of the current weapons have that setting active). So when you aim a weapon, in first or third person, if a target is close enough to the camera center (or visible on screen or different, according to the settings of the look at target settings), it will activate the aim assist x amount of time.

By default, you can also use L key to lock a target as well, and of course, you can set a touch button for that action as well. In the youtube channel of the asset, there is a recent video showing how to add new buttons to the touch panel, being part of the improvements of the workflow in the asset.

Regards.

Peppo87 and neoshaman like this.
  20. paulojsam

paulojsam

i was able to make an install package to an empty project with unity 2019.3.0f5. i notice the player gets half below the ground and above the waist above the ground when damaged? am i missing something?

21. sr388

sr388

Hi @paulojsam. Sorry for the late reply, I have been traveling back to city and I am going to sleep right now.

Yes, in the doc there is a github link to download a package of animations used on the ability/action system, for the examples configured on the asset.

Just need to download, import, close and open unity and voila. The doc explains it better. Let me know if you try this :)

Regards.

22. paulojsam

paulojsam

Thank you very much again :) I hope i can show you something using your wonderfull pack soon!

sr388 likes this.
  23. sr388

sr388

Very happy to hear it works properly and appreciate your kind words. Also, looking forward to see your progress :D

Regards.

24. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Taking inspiration from dark souls, tomb raider and other games, I have added an option to open an ingame menu which can be used on the action system. So the camp fire example can be used as the only place where the player can open the experience system menu to upgrade his skills (in this mode, the only way to exit the menu is to get up from the camp fire by using the interaction button, escape or the button dedicated to that menu won't have effect):

Regards.

EN_Games, Vog, hopeful and 1 other person like this.
  25. runealdoo

runealdoo

I have a problem with importing GKC to a new project. Unity freeze every time at the same spot, I'm I the only one with this problem?

(iteration 10)
    \Chest Locked (With Move Device To Camera).prefab

Is where it all just stops. Unity 2019.3.15f1

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    sr388 likes this.
  26. syphon1977

syphon1977

From Two Cubes (a.k.a. sr388) on June 15th:
    Yes, the cause is a bug in that version of unity 2019.3.15f1 and 2019.4 related to the asset database version 2, which is the system which unity uses to import content to the editor.

it seems that for random causes, it enters in an infinite loop at a certain point. Unity already knows about this issue, which has happened in different versions of unity 2019 (not GKC, but unity itself) and it should be fixed soon.

In the meantime, I recommend using unity 2019.3.14f1 (or the version you use currently as the one that I said is the maximum version where that bug on the database doesn't happen, the issue is affecting to 2019.3.15f1 and 2019.4), which doesn't have this asset database issue. Any version equal or lower than that will work with GKC.

Sorry again for the inconvenience, let me know what you think :)

sr388 and runealdoo like this.
  27. sr388

sr388

@runealdoo yes, exactly what @syphon1977 said (thanks for the faster reply while I was sleeping haha).

Unity will have a new version with that import loop fixed very soon. In the meantime, it is recommended to use lower versions, such as 2019.3.14f1.

Regards.

28. hopeful

hopeful

I can confirm that the infinite loop problem still exists in 2019.4.1f1. :(

29. sr388

sr388

Yes, the fix is not included the new version of unity, but in 2020.2.0a16. They keep working to add it on 2019.4.X, but not exactly when that version will be ready. Just a matter of wait, there is just a couple of versions with that import issue, and a project can always increases its unity version at any moment.

Regards.

30. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have made a video to show how the touch input on mobile works to add and configure new actions, for example, one which allows to sit on the ground freely at any moment (instead on a fixed position, like a campfire):

Regards.

31. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Are you almost dead? sitting on a campfire (bonfire) can recover your health (triggered by the action system event option on the area effect system and triggered by the events options of the action system):

Also, I have added the last reload action example, for the double shotgun:

Regards.

32. syphon1977

syphon1977

Any update on 3.02g release date and a list of the updates?

sr388 likes this.
  33. sr388

sr388

Hi @syphon1977.

Yes, the update is almost complete. I keep working on testing and checking some elements, including some polish here and there or some bug removing. It is all minor stuff, so I am getting all the tasks on the todo list done very quickly.

Today, I will have ready a beta of the new version, so anyone who wants to try it will be able to do so. I will tell here when it is available :)

I make these betas when the new version is very close to be complete, so almost there with the new update. Sorry for all the wait time, you can be sure I work as fast as possible ^^

Regards.

runealdoo, Peppo87 and syphon1977 like this.
  34. Shins94

Shins94

This issue took a day from me. I found this post lately.

35. sr388

sr388

Hi @Shins94.

Yeah, you can see some more info about that infinite import loop bug from unity (in case you haven't seen it yet): https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...02f-action-system.351456/page-81#post-5982218

I think I will add a message in the main post of the forum to tell about this unity bug and how to solve it (basically using any version equal or lower than 2019.3.14f1) in the meantime until unity has that import process sorted out.

Sorry again for the inconvenience. Like always, don't hesitate to use the support email if you find this kind of situations, to avoid to spend more time that the needed on it :)

Regards.

36. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here an example of the action system triggered by the health component in a similar way to resident evil 4, so when the AI has reached a certain amount of health, it activates an event, in this case, a custom action trigger configured on it, so the player can activate a kick action, and with it, another action for the AI to react to that kick. In this case, the trigger of the action to be used by the player is activated 2 times, one at 50 or lower health and another at 10 or lower:

Of course, each kick also applies a damage of 15 units for that AI. Also, the event to activate the damage also activates a damaged idle state, kind of like a knocked state, but standing on foot:

Regards.

Peppo87, JRD and hopeful like this.
  37. hopeful

hopeful

It's possible that an update made today (2019.4.2f1) contains the fix, but I haven't checked yet as it's not available on my hub. Waiting for the hub to become aware of the update ....

38. hopeful

hopeful

We could modify that standing idle "knocked out" state to a prone state or some other animation, right? You just used a standing pose because it was handy.

sr388 likes this.
  39. sr388

sr388

There are a couple of users that have tried the new version of unity and seems that it still having the infinite loop import issue. I will contact with unity staff directly, to see if they can make some tests on their side, find the cause and fix it the sooner possible.

The alternative for now is using 2019.3.14f1 or lower or set the asset database version back to v1, as the issue seems to be caused on the asset database v2 of 2019.3.15f1 and higher.

Of course, you can set any other animation. I used that just because it was similar to the situation of resident evil 4 which gave me the idea, including the 360º kick haha.

Regards.

40. hopeful

hopeful

I tried setting the database version back to v1 on 2019 LTS, but it didn't work. Have you had success specifically with that?

41. sr388

sr388

Good news everyone.

The beta for the update 3.02g is available, so anyone who wants to try it, send me a PM.

Also, very good day of progress, lost of little task and checks done. I also added a couple of improvements on weapons, one to use a check for close surfaces to the weapon when firing, so if an obstacle is close enough to the barrel of the weapon (where projectiles would be instantiated), the actual impact position will be that surface in front of the weapon, instead of the actual reticle position, using what would be the final trajectory, toward the reticle position, but in the surface found. Here the option active:

And here the option disabled:

I tried that on 2019.3.15f1 if I remember properly, and it worked, as the issue seems located on database v2.

Regards.

JRD and syphon1977 like this.
  42. hopeful

hopeful

Welp, just tried it with 2019.4.2f1, with the Editor database set to v1, and the import went to iteration 10 and failed.

UPDATE: However, erasing the Library folder from the project might have got me somewhere. I'll have to investigate more later.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  43. danieljordanoff

danieljordanoff

Hey! The combat animations have no sound when hitting the player. How to add any sounds when punching/kicking?

44. sr388

sr388

Like I said, I will contact with unity staff directly to see if some tests can be done directly to find the cause. There is thread about it here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-2019-3-15f1-fails-to-run-older-existing-projects.903176/

There is no any option on the current version of the store for it (3.02f). But for 3.02g, events option have been added on that component to trigger events when an object which can be damaged is found, so for example sound can be used for it. That will be available for the upcoming update.

For 3.03 I want to work on the current close combat system to improve it, add more actions, combos, recipes for those combos (key combinations), special attacks, hit reactions, block and more and make a general system that will manage that type of combat, melee combat and any other style that the user wants to add.

Regards.

syphon1977 and Peppo87 like this.
  45. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an option which combined with the previous one to activate the sprint mode when aiming a weapon (which by default uses a walk movement) can be also activated when the player fires a weapon directly, without entering in aim mode:

Regards.

EN_Games, Peppo87 and JRD like this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here the changelog for 3.02g with all the new content so far, for the final version, there will be some minor addition or option, but this is pretty much all the elements of this new update that will be ready soon.

Changelog 3.02g

Regards.

syphon1977, Peppo87 and runealdoo like this.
  47. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

It has been another good day of progress, I have finished all the weapon wizard last details and I have been improving all the creator wizard to scale them properly according to the screen resolution (I will show it that tomorrow). Also, after seeing some of the last of us 2 gameplay, I saw an action very interesting on it (many actually, but one caught my attention), to punch a glass and vault over it, so I configured a similar example, through the action system, to see if everything is already available for it and here you have the result:

The glass can be broken from both sides and the vault can be performed from both sides too:

Nothing extra was needed and everything is configured through the inspector settings.

Regards.

48. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have improved the creator wizard (this time for vehicles). I have removed the preview window inside the wizard it self, as the view aligned with the vehicle is a better way to use it, including a button to align it again to center the vehicle in the scene window:

And here another example of the action to jump over an obstacle with a glass, but in this case, breaking the glass directly while the action is made:

Regards.

49. syphon1977

syphon1977

I am confused by the 3.02f update that just posted (Jul 9 2020) in the Asset Store/updates and 3.02g that you have been working on and the 3.02g beta. For example where is the Weapon wizard and updated Vehicle wizard?

50. JRD

JRD

Good eye! I just uploaded the new update and it is not 3.02g but it is still 3.02f.