Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.0%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.1%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.5%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.6%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.4%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MegaCo

MegaCo

Good Morning,

I went to bed 20min before your first reply sorry :confused:, think we live in different timezones. It Works the player now runs in strafe, I think I saw something you did a while ago iv attached 2 gifs. It's nice the player now sprints in strafe but I want it to be optional so the player will jog around and shoot and then if sprint is pushed they will start sprinting and shooting if that's possible.

I saw the hover ability and was blown AWAY seriously did not expect to see something this cool it's like I was wanting to make a control game-like experience got this amazing asset then saw the ability and I'm sure it was more than coincidental, something was guiding me to your work. Truly incredible!

Attached Files:

sr388 likes this.
  2. sr388

sr388

Hi @MegaCo.

The feature from the gifs was removed a few updates ago, because it wasn't as good as the quality I want to achieve with the asset. But I have planned to include it again in a future update of 3.0 series as it is very useful to have. I want to add it back after improving the current strafe mode in third person, which will make a much smoother and better looking strafe movement, including the crouch strafe as well.

Once that is added, I want to rework the movement above, so it is available again and with a much better aspect than before. Not sure if besides that feature you mean something else if you above question. Let me know about that.

And about the hover ability, thanks, very happy to hear that :) I wasn't able to add that ability after see the trailer from Control. I can't wait to add some improvements planned for it and the IK system in general :D

Regards.

Peppo87 likes this.
  3. sr388

sr388

Hi @HCrowley.

I am the developer of Game Kit Controller. I tried to send you a PM, but for some reason, the forum doesn't allow to it (or maybe you have the conversation system configured like that, which is understandable).

I would like to talk with you to get a further feedback about the asset, as I really would like to hear more from you about it :) If you agree, send me a PM message here on discord or through the support email (you can find it in the doc).

Thanks for your time and I would understand that you are not interested in spend time for this. In any case, thanks again.

Regards.

4. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added a component on touch buttons, for those which are used to fire weapons or powers, for player or on vehicles, so when those fire touch buttons are pressed, the camera rotation is activated with the touchpad control option:

So in mobile, the player can rotate the camera while shooting a weapon, power, on vehicle, or in any other situation, something very useful on mobile games (the rotation in the video looks awkward due to I am using the option to use the touch input directly on the unity editor).

Regards.

Peppo87, westryder907 and blacksun666 like this.
  5. SuperYuan

SuperYuan

Hello, if I don't have a programming foundation, will I be able to use this asset well to create my own third person shooter game?

sr388 likes this.
  6. Boom_Shaka

Boom_Shaka

You need to know how to work with variables and methods and it really helps to have some grasp of what the code is saying. There's also basic Unity skills such as animations, canvases, collisions, etc.

But yes, it is an easy asset to work with for non-programmers.

sr388 likes this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Hi @SuperYuan. Sorry for the time to reply.

Yes, the asset is made to be easily customizable from inspector editor, with a lot of options on each component and events options on most of them, allowing to make them more powerful and with more possibilities, avoiding the need to go to the code.

Of course, all the code is included in the case that anyone wants to modify or extend it for any need. But yeah, the asset is made to allow as much customization as possible through the editor, without need to add or change code.

The asset has also a lot of shooter mechanics and more are planned to be added, including an improved strafe mode for third person on 3.03 (which is the next main update). Also, reload action for third person has been added for the upcoming 3.02g, to play specific animations for reload for each weapon easily (an element that is not in the current version of the store, but it will be available in a matter of days).

Regards.

JRD and Peppo87 like this.
  8. SuperYuan

SuperYuan

Very much feel your advice and I also feel the need to learn a bit about the basics and variables.

sr388 likes this.
  9. SuperYuan

SuperYuan

That's okay, thank you so much for taking the time to answer such basic questions for me.
    I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to make good use of it without a programming foundation because of the richness of the features in the asset description. Your reply was very helpful to me and I will look at the tutorial first to understand the basic features and how to use it before looking for an opportunity to purchase it.
    This is a very promising asset, look forward to the new and improved version!

sr388 likes this.
  10. sr388

sr388

The good thing is that unity has a very good learning curve for this kind of elements, so it will be quick to reach that state :)

No problem, always happy to reply to any message and help in anything possible. Yeah, the asset is made thinking in people that prefer to make and customize things through the inspectors without need to dive in code or for people who also want to mess with it and modify it or extend it to their needs :D

Also, thanks for your kind words and your interest in the asset. Take the time you need before take a decision. I will be here for anything needed.

Regards.

SuperYuan likes this.
  11. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Yesterday was a good day of progress, with many improvements in the code, to simplify and make it better, related also to performance. Also, yesterday I checked the option to use inventory objects with infinite amount and I added an example of that kind of object (since there wasn't any example, though it is just one option in that object set to true):

Regards.

Peppo87 and hopeful like this.
  12. syphon1977

syphon1977

I am unable to get the player and enemy AI to punch or kick. Combat System Enabled is true in the Close Combat System inspector. Just using the default setting, Ethan runs over to me much just stands there.

13. sr388

sr388

Hi @syphon1977.

Did you import the package mentioned in the documentation for the close combat system? The animations for that combat are from a free asset and you can find more info about it on the doc. This is the asset:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/taichi-character-pack-15667

You only need to import it and the animations will be assigned automatically (you may need to restart unity after import). Of course, you can use other animations for the combat, just a matter of assign them in the combat layer of the animator.

For the upcoming 3.02g, the close combat system has ben hugely improved, with much more customization and much easier to configure new attacks and combos, including an improved management of the animator. Here you can see that info:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/sal...02f-action-system.351456/page-79#post-5838319

Let me know if you try the import package of the animations.

Regards.

hopeful likes this.
  14. hopeful

hopeful

Seeing the reference to the Taichi pack reminded me ...

For those who are using the UMA character generation framework .... not only does the free Taichi pack have several potentially useful animations - like the punch and kick currently used by GKC - it also provides a male anime body mesh and a fairly large wardrobe that fits it. If you want to adapt the body and/or clothing to UMA, you could do it in Blender (a free 3D modeling program).

See the Secret Anorak video series on YouTube which explains how to convert a store bought humanoid character to UMA, allowing you to switch clothes and change body dimensions and facial features using the UMA system.

sr388 and blacksun666 like this.
  15. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

Hi, I just bought this and I am really amazed at how many features it has all crammed into 1. Nothing worst than having to buy separate features of an asset. Anyway was just wondering I see that on a weapon alone there is only gunshot animation, can you actually do a reload animation also or does that come automatically with the third person player animator and also how would I add custom FPS arms like these https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/props/weapons/animated-hands-with-weapons-pack-132915
    I couldn't find an animator for the first person arms that's why I'm asking how would it work.

sr388 likes this.
  16. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

Sorry for another question but I noticed you can pick up an object by pressing the e key and then it automatically go in the examine is it possible to have the e for take and it goes straight to inventory and then have another key such as q or something like that to examine the object then when the examine is up and it can be collected then press e then it goes in the inventory something like this
    and also I noticed that if you left-click on an inventory item a context menu with combine, examine and equip, etc shows up is it possible to change that to a right mouse button click but still having the left mouse button to click on inventory for the info though. It's all in the above video. I'm just testing to see how flexible is this asset to customize.

sr388 likes this.
  17. syphon1977

syphon1977

I imported the Taichi asset, restarted Unity and it worked!!! You and GKC are amazing!! When is 3.02g going to be released, I thought it was supposed to be last week? :(

Follow up question, how do I change the walk animation? For example, to a zombie walk animation.

sr388 likes this.
  18. syphon1977

syphon1977

This was very helpful, thank you!

sr388 likes this.
  19. sr388

sr388

Hi @wendymorrison.

Sorry for the time to reply, I haven't had the chance to connect today until now.

Thanks for your purchase and interest in the asset, it is very appreciated :)

About your question, the current system doesn't have animation management for the first person view yet, as all the movements on it are made in a procedural way using transform as reference points to customize it.

The reload for weapons in third person has been added for the upcoming 3.02g. And of course, animation management for first person will be added as well on 3.03, to include and configure animations for weapons and arms (and any other element needed) on first person, including full body awareness.

You can use any model for weapons and arms as well, as the upcoming 3.02g has added a weapon wizard creator, to add new weapons and set the new meshes for the weapon and the arms models as well in just a few clicks (you can see that weapon creator in the last videos on the youtube channel of the asset).

3.03 will have two parts, the first one focused on the third person, to include the melee combat system and improve the strafe mode when using weapons with a much better movement and aspect (and some other elements).

The second part will be focused on the first person, with full body awareness, animation management for arms, weapons and other elements in first person (via animator) and other elements for first person and other systems.

Each update will take about a month, so it will be available soon.

Let me know what you think :)

Yes, there is an option to disable the examine window for pickups when taking them, disabling it generally or just use it on certain objects (as you need in that part).

In inventory manager component, in player controller gameObject, disable this option:

upload_2020-5-28_20-17-41.png

About the option you say to use other key to activate the examine object instead with other interaction key, it is not present yet, but I want to include an option to allow to trigger different types of interactions with an object, so it can be used exactly like you said.

Not sure what you mean here exactly: "and also I noticed that if you left-click on an inventory item a context menu with combine, examine and equip, etc shows up is it possible to change that to a right mouse button click but still having the left mouse button to click on inventory for the info though".

Can you tell me more about it?

Happy to hear that @syphon1977. And thanks for your kind words, I appreciate them :)

About your question, yes, there was a little delay with the upcoming update 3.02g due to the last days I was visiting the family after the lockdown for these crazy last months and I haven't been able to work as much as I wanted, but now I am fully charged and working as fast as possible to have it ready the sooner possible (a few more days). Thanks for the patience and sorry for the waiting time, the new update will worth it :D

For animation replacement, in the animator, in the base layer, in grounded state, you can find the regular movements, where you can replace the animations for regular state movement (and any other of course). Let me know if you find it and manage to replace animations as you need ;)

Regards.

JRD likes this.
  20. sr388

sr388

Very interesting indeed. Thanks for the info about that, it will be interesting to use them for the examples and testing :)

Regards.

21. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added an example on the assault rifle telescopic sight attachment to use the mouse wheel action to change the fov of the scope, so the player can have a more open or closer view of what is visible on the scope easily, adjusting this field of view. This can be configured on any weapon with a telescopic sight and is used on first person for now, when the player aims the weapon (everything is configured through the events options of the weapon system, nothing is hardcoded, so it can be customized as prefer):

Regards.

Altair44, Peppo87 and Neviah like this.
  22. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have configured an example of the ability/action system, to use an ability which triggers the action system of the player and also, another character to play an animation during the use of the ability. In this case, it is a drain health ability, but it is configured with a simple component which allows to take any amount of any stat on a character and transfer it to the player within a rate.

It kind of looks like a force choke from stars wars haha. The example basically shows how to make an action which activates animations on both characters (player and its target) without need to match one with another.

Regards.

23. HCrowley

HCrowley

hiya. sorry for the late reply, but i've only just seen the alert. i've pm'd a message to you here

sr388 likes this.
  24. syphon1977

syphon1977

I am unable to get the Change Level Trigger (By Button) to work in game. The Open Next Scene button works in edit mode.
    I am trying to go to Scene 62 from 61
    upload_2020-5-30_15-42-58.png

upload_2020-5-30_15-48-29.png

When I press the level button in game I am unable to control the player and receive the following note and error:
    NOTE
    Overwritting a previous slot 7 0
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:print(Object)
    saveGameSystem:saveCurrentGame(Int32, Boolean, Boolean, Int32, Int32, Boolean) (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Save System/saveGameSystem.cs:379)
    saveGameSystem:saveGameCheckpoint(Transform, Int32, Int32, Boolean, Boolean) (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Save System/saveGameSystem.cs:355)
    levelManagerIngame:activateChangeOfLevel() (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Level Manager/levelManagerIngame.cs:90)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent:Invoke()
    electronicDevice:setDeviceState(Boolean) (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Devices/electronicDevice.cs:122)
    electronicDevice:activateDevice() (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Devices/electronicDevice.cs:108)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, SendMessageOptions)
    usingDevicesSystem:useDevice() (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Player/usingDevicesSystem.cs:900)
    usingDevicesSystem:inputActivateDevice() (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Player/usingDevicesSystem.cs:1453)
    playerInputManager:Update() (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Input/playerInputManager.cs:161)

ERROR
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    inventoryManager.getPersistanceInventoryList () (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Inventory/inventoryManager.cs:4143)
    saveGameSystem.saveInventoryInfo (System.Int32 currentSaveNumber) (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Save System/saveGameSystem.cs:828)
    saveGameSystem.saveCurrentGame (System.Int32 saveSlotIndex, System.Boolean useCustomSaveTransform, System.Boolean isCheckpointSave, System.Int32 checkpointID, System.Int32 checkpointSceneID, System.Boolean savingGameToChangeScene) (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Save System/saveGameSystem.cs:467)
    saveGameSystem.saveGameCheckpoint (UnityEngine.Transform customTransform, System.Int32 checkpointID, System.Int32 checkpointSceneID, System.Boolean overwriteThisCheckpointActive, System.Boolean savingGameToChangeScene) (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Save System/saveGameSystem.cs:355)
    levelManagerIngame.activateChangeOfLevel () (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Level Manager/levelManagerIngame.cs:90)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent/UnityEvent.cs:166)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent/UnityEvent/UnityEvent_0.cs:58)
    electronicDevice.setDeviceState (System.Boolean state) (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Devices/electronicDevice.cs:122)
    electronicDevice.activateDevice () (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Devices/electronicDevice.cs:108)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, SendMessageOptions)
    usingDevicesSystem:useDevice() (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Player/usingDevicesSystem.cs:900)
    usingDevicesSystem:inputActivateDevice() (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Player/usingDevicesSystem.cs:1453)
    playerInputManager:Update() (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Input/playerInputManager.cs:161)

25. sr388

sr388

Hi @syphon1977.

Seeing the message from the console, it seems that the system is trying to access the info an inventory object in the player's inventory which is configured as weapon, but the system is not finding the reference component to it. Maybe you configure an inventory object with the option is weapon as true but it is not?

I will send you a PM to take a better look at this with you and fix it quickly :)

Regards.

26. wendymorrison

wendymorrison

Thank you for clearing up a lot of the questions and I can't wait for the upcoming updates. As for right-clicking on an inventory item I mean as it is now just left click will show up the equip, combine and drop, etc buttons so can you easily change this to right-clicking on an inventory item then the buttons show up and the left-click the info shows up for an item.

Also is it possible to do padlocks or a pick locking or any other puzzle you may find in an FPS Puzzle game like a sequence puzzle or will other puzzle ideas be added later with the updates? I wouldn't mind similar puzzles to https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...uzzle-creator-add-puzzles-to-your-game-143274

sr388 likes this.
  27. sr388

sr388

Always happy to help and reply any question or message.

Yeah, an option to use the right mouse click on the inventory slots is already on the todo list, so it will allow to configure if the option panel is shown like that or using the regular left click ;)

About the other question for puzzles, yes, I want to add more examples and types of puzzles and mechanism to solve. The room games are a good example that I want to take as inspiration for those elements, including to drag and drop inventory objects on them, rotate, push or pull objects, press sequences, etc... including a clue system and more elements and options.

Regards.

Peppo87 likes this.
  28. HCrowley

HCrowley

hiya. i've replied here rather than by pm about the missing animations, as it may be of interest to other users (who fail to read the documentation, just like me)

anyway, i downloaded the animation package from the github repository, and installed it. you need to restart Unity after that, but then... all the animations in the Action System work correctly

it might be an idea to have a little bit of text in the scene itself to say that's what's needed. but, if people don't read the documentation (just like me), they probably wouldn't read THAT either

one small thing you may want to look at, is that if you pick up the body after the stealth kill, and then throw it, it gets sent MILES away. maybe the distance thrown (or at least the strength of the throw) could be calculated from the weight of the object somehow?

sr388 likes this.
  29. sr388

sr388

Happy to hear it is working properly. And of course, like I said in the message, a text in the action system demo scene will tell about the step to import the package with the animations for the current examples :)

And about the ragdolls, yeah, I think I need to reduce a little the maximum force to throw them, so the forces for that option are more balanced :)

Btw, It has been a day with a lot of progress, most checks and tests are almost complete and I have to finish yet the weapon wizard creator. Here another example of the drain ability example, but this time, the player stops the process with input before killing the target, to pick him up again after that:

Also, the player editor options system (to configure settings in game and save/load them) already allows to set to default all the settings configured on it:

I will add on 3.03 an option to use categories, so besides a general button to set all by default, each category (lets say graphic settings as one, input as other, others ingame settings as another, etc...), so you can organize these settings better and set by default only an specific group, and of course, all of them at once too.

Regards.

Peppo87 and hopeful like this.
  30. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

A couple of days ago an user asked about the AI being able to detect the player on hidden state(on grass, below a table, inside a locker, etc...) or stealth mode (through the ability system). The AI ignores the player in those states, though the first one will be ignored if the player damages an AI, which will make him visible.

What has been added is an option on the AI to allow to ignore the stealth and the hidden states, separately, so for example, an AI type is able to see him always and other just in certain states. In case of being hidden in a fixed place, like a inside a locker, below a table, etc..., if the player is detected he is taken off of that place automatically (in the video, the input is not used to go outside, it is done by the system directly):

And in stealth mode, the AI is able to detect him as well.

Regards.

Peppo87 likes this.
  31. hopeful

hopeful

I think how games handle this sort of thing (when they do so) is to have values for perception and reaction time on the NPCs. Essentially, smarter foes (like killer robots) might have better perception and faster reactions, while duller ones (like zombies) would more easily fooled by the player.

NPCs with high perception and rapid reaction may be difficult to stealth past or escape, while NPCs with lower perception (sometimes caused by an effect, like a smoke bomb) are easier to stealth past, and NPCs with a slower reaction time can simply be run past, if you are quick, because they will not respond fast enough to take effective action.

So ... will the change you just made help us toggle perception of the player on / off? It kind of sounds like it, but I'm not sure.

sr388 likes this.
  32. sr388

sr388

The above element is an option for the ability of the player to hide in a fixed position (like behind a table, a bed, a car, inside a locker, etc...) or freely but in a limited place (like grass for example) and for the stealth/cloak mode. So you can configure that certain enemies are able to locate the player in all of those situations or just one of them if you prefer (can detect player on grass but not inside a locker) and viceversa.

The current AI has two triggers to detect targets, a sphere, which is a regular range and will check immediately if the object inside is an target to attack or not (according to the range of vision of the AI, so maybe something behind it is not detected if it is not close enough or making noise or attack directly, that depends of those settings). and a capsule collider, used to check possible threads within a timer, so if the target remains inside that capsule, the AI will be able to make the full check and engage.

For what you say, maybe an option could be added for the regular sphere range, to set if the checking for attack or not the target is made immediately, like right now (taking into account view range and hearing settings) or add a delay. Like that, it would be like you say, there can be enemies with a faster or slower reaction time, so if you are inside its range but go away fast enough, they won't be able to detect you.

It would be an interesting option. Let me know what you think.

Regards.

33. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here the improved the mouse cursor controller, allowing to move the cursor with the actual mouse at any moment when the mouse cursor is visible on screen using the gamepad during pause or ingame menus. And even if the game loses the screen focused in editor, the mouse cursor can be controlled properly when the gamepad is connected.

So if a gamepad is connected and the cursor is visible, the gamepad can move it as usual, and if the mouse starts to receive input, it will move properly too, even out of the screen. You can see in the inspector when the actual mouse is used and when is managed by the gamepad, allowing a smooth transition between both, without the previous awkward movement of the cursor when trying to move it with the mouse when the gamepad was used. So no problem now to use both properly on editor and in build.

Btw, I am going to make a direct on youtube the next week to show some new examples of the action system, configure some of them from scratch to show the process and answer questions or doubts on it as well. I will give more details and the exact date soon :)

Regards.

westryder907 and Peppo87 like this.
  34. hopeful

hopeful

The delay sounds like it would work.

Might even make it possible to have 2 delays. One, for when the NPC is not in combat mode and might more easily be surprised. The second, for when the NPC is already in combat mode, and might be reasonably expected to have an itchy trigger finger.

sr388 likes this.
  35. syphon1977

syphon1977

I got the kick and punch to work via the free asset, but how do I add more complicated melee animations? For example using Explosive's animation pack and other similar mecanim animation assets. Waiting for 3.02g is killing me! :(

How do I change the Player's default to melee or powers, instead of guns.

sr388 likes this.
  36. sr388

sr388

Sorry for the time to reply @hopeful and @syphon1977. For some reason, my gmail didn't received the notification of new messages of the forum.

Yeah, sounds interesting as well. I will put that on the todo list for next updates ;)

I would recommend to wait at least for 3.02g to customize the combat system, since the close combat system has been very improved for this new version, making it much easier to customize and add attacks as you need.

You can see here some of its changes: https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...02f-action-system.351456/page-79#post-5838319

About melee, there is no melee combat system yet, but it is going to be added for 3.03, the next update after upcoming 3.02g. And assets like the one you put on your message and any other pack of animations for melee will be usable for the melee combat system on 3.03, it will allow a lot of possibilities.

The update 3.02g is almost ready, mostly just need to configure a few elements of the weapon builder system, configure the action system on all the AI characters, so all of them are able to use it and just make 2-3 demos scenes for the new stuff, along with adding some new content to the doc.

Sorry for the wait, just a little more of patience, it will worth it :)

About the question for the default player's mode, here in player states manager is where you configure any mode and set the active by default:

upload_2020-6-6_8-52-26.png
    Set in the mode you want, the field Is Current State as true, and false in the rest
    upload_2020-6-6_8-53-20.png

Let me know if you try this.

Regards.

hopeful and Peppo87 like this.
  37. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a couple of examples of another action example with two characters interacting each other, for a stealth kill:

Regards.

38. Deckard_89

Deckard_89

That's very well animated. Did you do that yourself?

sr388 likes this.
  39. sr388

sr388

No, in this case, these are animations from mixamo, as it has a few animations that can be used for the action system that can require two characters interacting each other during the animation, like this stealth kill example.

I would love to being able to make my own animations, but I am not good at it, as I am more a programmer haha. I would like to try U motion at some point, to edit and make custom animations directly in unity, probably in the future, I will start to make some of these.

In the meantime, there is a couple of people who makes some animations for me to being included in the asset, and more will arrive soon :)

Regards.

Deckard_89 and Peppo87 like this.
  40. paulojsam

paulojsam

i cant install the unity package it seems to get stuck on the process ... any ideias?!?

41. sr388

sr388

Hi @paulojsam.

Are you maybe using 2019.3.151f. or 2019.4? It seems that those new versions of unity are having issues when trying to import content made in a previous version of unity.

I think it is not GKC, but the new versions of unity that may are not compatible with some previous versions of unity it self. GKC is made using 2017.1 as the minimum version, so maybe that is the cause. I am going to make some tests to see what could be the cause.

Probably, if the upcoming update 3.02g is also uploaded on a higher version of unity, when importing the asset into the unity versions that are having those issues, it will work properly. Seems like backwards compatibility with unity it self is maybe not being applied to last versions of unity. GKC doesn't use anything special to work, neither specific files, libraries, or similar, so the cause is probably the compatibility of unity it self between previous and new versions.

I am going to make tests with both 2019.3.151f and 2019.4. I will tell my results here once I have the tests done :)

In the meantime, I recommend to use a previous version of unity, for example 2019.3.14f1, which works without problem. Let me know if you try it.

Regards.

hopeful likes this.
  42. paulojsam

paulojsam

thank you i will install 2019.3.14f1 then!

43. sr388

sr388

Cool, happy to hear that.

I have made tests to import GKC into unity 2019.3.15f1, and it is working properly now:

upload_2020-6-10_6-12-7.png

The cause of the issue seems to be the asset database v2. It seems that other people is having issues when trying to import content to the project with some versions of unity 2019 using this asset database v2, which is active by default. You can change to asset database v2 in Edit->Project Settings->Editor->Asset Pipeline->Version 1:

upload_2020-6-10_6-10-52.png

So the process is this: create a new project (or use a previous one), apply that setting, save, close and open again the project and import the asset. Make sure to have a backup before and it is only needed for 2019.3.15f1 or higher. I haven't made the test on 2019.4, but I am going to do that too now, it should work, as seems that the problem is the asset database.

Regards.

hopeful likes this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been improving the creator wizards to have the scroll bar on the sides. It will be applied to all these windows and now it uses the resolution of the screen to divide each section to adjust the height properly. The video is a WIP of the weapon wizard creator, to create new weapons and replace the meshes easily:

Regards.

Peppo87 and JRD like this.
  45. neoshaman

neoshaman

I'm amazed by the consistent progress you are making.

I hate programming so much that every time I make some claim, the reality is that i'm half way before breaking down nervously lol and 'im looking to find some motivation, I keep jumping between a few implementation I'm doing, and every time I hit a plateau where I need to refactor or go over an engine hurdle, it eats me inside. I need to rethink my terrain system (i need to review the pole crossing behavior for hemisphere octahedron), I still got some convex mesh half way (and that's a stepping stone toward spore like creatures), I need to refactor the simple game concept generator (to support data driven structure and trees), I'm stuck with trying to intercept interval for modulo tracing (without modulo) and few shader like Global illumination (And I need to reimplement faulty unity implementation of some stuff I thought I had for free), shader animation stuff and simple relief function. When doing a project I front load with the most complex, to be sure I don't give up a project with 95% done only to hit on cliff problem.

Good work

sr388 likes this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Thanks @neoshaman. I really appreciate to hear that :)

I love to work on this asset and keep improving it and making it as good as possible. In my case, I really like a lot to program, getting better solutions and achieve better systems. Especially when making very general and extensible systems, which allows me to think on bigger and more possibilities, so the systems can be simple yet powerful in customization.

Also, this allows to keep improving my knowledge and learn more techniques and ways to solve problems, which is very satisfying too. But of course, I really get your point and know that feel haha. The best is always to split tasks, so even in big and hard systems, it is important to get each piece done and then get everything together.

I also like the natural evolution the asset follows and which allows to escalate the systems without getting more complex or similar, but more modular and extensible. So having some organization for future elements and roadmap is important too, to think a little ahead for everything that will arrive in the future, so you can prepare the current work in advance for that.

But each programmer is a world, so each one has his habits and rituals haha. The most important is to keep the interest and avoid to get burned, by taking breaks and leaving a component or systems for another moment and work on other stuff (for example, one that you know that it is just a matter of code, and which won't give too much complication to be achieved).

Regards.

Peppo87 likes this.
  47. paulojsam

paulojsam

where is the weapons damage please?

48. sr388

sr388

Hi @paulojsam. Sorry for the wait, I went to sleep by that time and I have been traveling to town today too.

Here, in player weapon system component, in each weapon:

upload_2020-6-13_14-24-31.png
    Let me know if you try it.

I also added a button to access quickly to the weapons gameObject of any humanoid character, so a quick click allows to go directly to them, instead of opening the hierarchy and search manually on it. This quick button will be available in the upcoming 3.02g :)

Regards.

hopeful likes this.
  49. paulojsam

paulojsam

thank you very much! Im also trying to build to webgl but im getting console errors

Assets\Game Kit Controller\Scripts\Tutorial System\playerTutorialSystem.cs(24,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'VideoPlayer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

its for unity 2019.3.15f1

50. sr388

sr388

Yes, the video player is used on the video examples of the tutorial system. You can open the script playerTutorialSystem and comment the lines that have references to the video component. It seems that part of unity is not compatible yet with WebGL, so it needs to comment or remove those references lines.

Let me know if you manage to do this or not. I can send you a modified version of that script with those references commented if you have issues modifying it.

Regards.