Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.7%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.2%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.5%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Knightwing

Knightwing

This looks fantastic, it's really becoming the ultimate Unity asset!
    Will the AI be in the upcoming update? What features are you planning to add to it (cover system, patrol, various attack/defense options, tactics, teamwork, etc) or will you leave it as a basic AI for now?

sr388 likes this.
  2. hopeful

hopeful

LOL ... hopefully he will leave it basic for now and get it released. ;)

sr388 likes this.
  3. neoshaman

neoshaman

It so complete that a simple implementation of the "make game button" joke might be possible just with it.

sr388 likes this.
  4. sr388

sr388

It is a little crazy, it involves a lot of parts, for example, adding a realistic rotation around a solar system also increases more difficulty.

Thanks for that Knightwing. The AI will be included in the current update 2.3.6. I just wanted to make a simple AI character to follow the player to test the improved health system, but I cannot resist to add more features and make the player able use that friend list to give orders, like other games like ratchet and clank and the little bots used by clank. For now, it will be a little more improved but this is how will looks for this update, to avoid a longer delay (patrols are already included, you can see it in the video).

But yeah, after this update, I want to improve the AI with those features that you mention and more, along with the integration with other AI assets. Also, I am trying to make my AI able to be used with other pathfinding systems, so you can set your system to make the character able to navigate throught the level.

Yeah, you are right.

Hahaha, thanks. Actually, it would be cool to add that phrase in the description of the asset (maybe I will do....maybe).

Btw, I am uploading a short video showing the health system with configurable damage spots, for vehicles and characters. In some minutes I will post it.

Regards.

5. hopeful

hopeful

Just to be clear, I like the AI in the video and I love the idea of @sr388 developing even better AI on the helpers, including AI for flight. And if he's having fun adding new stuff, I don't want to tell him to stop. Strike while the iron is hot, as they say.

It's just that at some point things need to get tied up to make a release before going onward and making more stuff. :)

sr388 and RonnyDance like this.
  6. sr388

sr388

Here the video for the damage detection with configurable values:

It works with player, vehicles and enemies (no matter if it is animated, controlled by code, etc...)
    Also, I have added platforms that fall when the player walks above them and after a time they can back to their original position and teleportation platforms for any object (player included).

hopeful likes this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Of course, I understand you, believe me, I am the first who wants to complete this update. The AI won't take me more time for this update and none feature more will be added until this release, so I will focus in check the rest of the parts and update the documentation.

Like you said about the iron (nice phrase), sometimes I am more inspired than usually, and this AI only took me a couple of days to make.

hopeful likes this.
  8. neoshaman

neoshaman

And that's just the technical part, most people who implemented them, suffering through code to realize it don't work in practice at all, they are useless with gameplay ...

No man's sky dev had it all only to find in playtest filled them as bug! They couldn't understand why travel to planet took longer than necessary (because the planet was moving around the sun, you had to catch up) and they couldn't understand why the trade post, they left for a trip to space station, wasn't there anymore (because the planet had rotated so it's not facing the same direction) :D that's why I file it under gameplay! In order to sell the illusion, of planet moving around the sun, a map that show orbital line suffice! :cool:

Also impossible to have the sun hanging with the planet if you want fast day and night cycle on planet (so the player have time to experience them in one trip) without rotating them (so you rotate light around each planet independently, which make double star system a bit more difficult).

The scale of game and the rythme of gameplay don't allow for these extra realistic elements to work together. Designing the make believe is also an headache! That's why so few of these projects come to fruition when they seems so close to completion, there is a bunch of paradox!

And I'm sure they had seamless galatic travel too (the no sky box it's silly stuff that bit them back) BUT they have procedural planet size voxel landscape, I'm sure the extra memory and ms where needed elsewhere lol, I think their final model is more than enough for this reason, isolated lobby where planet hang out together without moving allow for beautiful sight seeing and sell the illusion enough.

Jumping from star system to star system using the galactic map, like a level select, is a good alternative that help both gameplay and technical load. And since we can't leave the lobby of each star system, we can still have the no skybox sky, we just need to generate the angular position of star around the localisation of the planet base on its galactic position, just like it happen in the galactic map.

9. sr388

sr388

Yeah, that is the problem, not only the knowlegde to achieve the whole gravity system, but being able to fill that game with mechanics, missions, story, etc...

Else, the project would be more a simlation program or similar.

Also, like you said, if you put togheter the solar system laws, the rotation, days, night, .... can take a lot of time to change, with days with a duration of weeks, in big systems. And that with only a sun, 2 or more could be insane, with taking in account the lights and shadows.

So the key, is find the middle in this, between realistic and simulation and gameplay mechanics.

For example, this game looks like a fantastic mix of this (I want to play it, that graphichs grow up style are really cool):

10. neoshaman

neoshaman

Surprisingly I don't think it's the hard part at all.
    I will just post an answer I have already made here:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/ca...ted-universe-ever-be-fun.432547/#post-2797643
    Tl;DR is emergent gameplay
    Also spelunky have a very good enjoyability and is procedurally generated.

Also 2 sun (lighting and shadows) aren't really the problem as much as the problem of continuity from realism to gameplay, if you use abstraction like in no man sky, the sun is only local to the planet, it does not exist in "space", however planet still exist relative to each others but are fixed in the sky, how do you represent the sun in this context? The illusion is that there is actually an invisible sun that orbit each planet, only visible from the planet it is orbiting.

2 suns would make apparent that the orientation wouldn't match relative to each planet and relative to space (or maybe it is and I'm making too much assumption on the topic!).

11. sr388

sr388

That thread is really interesting, I am reading every answer because it makes me think about these kind of games.

Yes, it is not that hard, but playing no man sky for example, I can't avoid to think that a few adittions could give a lot more of interest, I take this phrase from that thread, which is what I was talking about before:

"The challenge is creating things that seem really unique and interesting, not just a million iterations of the same basic environment."

For example, I think that star citizen and space enginiers are making it really great, with a different things to do and don't feel in an empty space.

About the 2 suns, I was talking more in the realistic way for solar systems, but you are right, it is necessary some continuity from realism to gameplay.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  12. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I get really excited when you talk about all the features you want to add but hopefully you first can focus on completing characters control and new cameras, etc. Procedural generation and solar system simulations are interesting but can lead you down a rabbit hole that could absorb all your time. :D

sr388 likes this.
  13. neoshaman

neoshaman

Part of the dicussion is about making the rabbit hole less deeper by shouting down dead end early too :D BUT you are absolutely right!

sr388 likes this.
  14. sr388

sr388

Don't worry, I am really focused in finishing all the character parts, they are included in the todo list, and there is only one way to remove an element of that list....by adding it. The procedural part is far away yet.

neoshaman likes this.
  15. Brandon_Powell

Brandon_Powell

You should make a "Powered by GTC " or "AOGC Inside" type splash screen, i would proudly put it in front of my game.

sr388 likes this.
  16. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I would put it in my credits, anyway, but a logo to use would probably be nice.

sr388 likes this.
  17. sr388

sr388

It is a great honor for me that you even think in that. Yeah, it would be cool to have a splash screen for the asset with a "Powered with...". Also, I want to try the new splash screen tool of the new version of unity. I will think a design for it.

Regards.

neoshaman likes this.
  18. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

A little issue was found thanks to one user. In the current udpate was fixed some time ago, but I forgot to add it to the list in the main post (it has been already added). It is related to the touch controls:

The touch button to use devices doesn't work:

The problem is that the input manager script searches for every touch button to assign it to every action at the start(), but another start() function was disabling the use devices button at the same time, so the input manager wasn't enabled to find that button. The fix is really easy:
    • In usingDevicesSystem script, in the function start, delete this line:
    touchButton.SetActive(false);​
    • In inputManager script, add in the variables part, this one:
    public List<string> buttonsDisabledAtStart =new List<string> ();

This is a string list to tell the input those touch button that are disabled by default, and they are only visible at certains moments, like when the player can use a device, else, the button is disabled.
    So, in this list add an element with the name Activate Devices, which is the name of the use devices button. If you want to disable other buttons at the beginning, just set its name in this list and voila.​

• In inputManager script, in the function checkIfTouchButton, set this code:
    if (buttonsDisabledAtStart.Contains (touchButtonList [j].gameObject.name)) { touchButtonList [j].gameObject.SetActive (false);
    }

before the line:

return j;​

Sorry for this problem. I should have uploaded a new version with this issue fixed, but I completly forgot it.

Regards.

JoelAcuna likes this.
  19. Joker1980

Joker1980

Single handed and dual handed swords would be awesome. Along with the use of a shield and some enemies that only did melee damage.

StevenPicard and sr388 like this.
  20. sr388

sr388

Of course, they are planned too, even with other melee weapons (levers, axes, ....) and lightsabers. Also, these weapons will be used for the AI aswell.

Regards.

StevenPicard likes this.
  21. Brandon_Powell

Brandon_Powell

"The Hobbit Part 6: The Lightsaber of Smaug"

sr388 likes this.
  22. Joker1980

Joker1980

Sorry i forgot to mention dual weapons also.

23. sr388

sr388

"A long time ago in a middle earth far, far away.....", hahaha, I need to see that movie. About the lightsabers, I am playing jedi academy again, to think the best way to add one hand and dual sabers with a procedural system to make differents movement attacks easily.

I forgot too, that will be one of the first features added after the current update, "Go ahead, make my day"x2.

StevenPicard likes this.
  24. neoshaman

neoshaman

I wonder character just popin vehicle, will you make an interface to have custom animation transition (like opening the door, entering, closing the door, moving to the driving side if you where on the wrong side, like entering in the back of the vehicle).

sr388 likes this.
  25. Joker1980

Joker1980

Have you ever played the Star Wars The Force Unleashed? If not you should check it out some very good idea's there. Also it would be nice to have some of the stuff from Call Of Duty Nazi Zombie's. Just imagine pack o punch dual light sabers.

sr388 likes this.
  26. sr388

sr388

I would like to add this, since I like smooth transitions for objects, cameras, etc... I think that it could need a simple pathfinding to reach the door place (navmesh for example) and some IK along with an animation to get in and off.

For now, I haven't made animations for skinned mesh renderers yet, but it is something that I want to make too, so yeah, in a future update this should be added (with the option to add your own animation, of course).

Btw, I forgot to say that some time ago, I made an usable turret with a machine gun for the player, using the vehicles system and its weapon system aswell. You can't drive it, because it is fixed in the place, but you can rotate the base with they movement keys in the Y axis and rotate the weapon with the mouse, to aim (with rotation limits if you want). Like other vehicles, it can be damaged and destroyed and using the weapon system of vehicles, it is very easy to customize, configuring other weapons as a doble machine gun, cannon, homming missiles, etc...

It could be very useful for a enemies wave where you are surround by them. Here a gif:

Animation.gif
    Yes, this is another game I want to play again, to get more ideas. The current player is like a half jedi, since he can lift, throw and push objects (no matter the size) and give orders to others, so.... xd But yeah, he has to finish his jedi training, by getting to use lightsabers and other cool powers that will be added.

What stuff do you mean from call of duty?

Regards.

27. Joker1980

Joker1980

From Call of Duty Zombies i was talking about enemy drops when you kill a enemy they drop stuff like insta kill, a nuke that destroys all enemy spawned on the map and double points. These things last a few seconds. Along with a wave spawner that spawns more enemies and harder enemies each round. Along with gaining points for each kill that could be used for buying weapons and such. Along with this the ability to buy special perks that increase your stats as well. For example double health a increase in stamina and speed these type of things. And even being able to upgrade your weapons making them more power full and maybe even adding attachments to the weapons.

sr388 likes this.
  28. neoshaman

neoshaman

Oh god, don't let me start on that game but especially the best version, the WII version. The game was a bit sloppy for my standard but it's one of the only game that made the wiimote nunchuk combo perfect, the control scheme was genius and gave level of control impossible to replicate on any other console. It's perfectible of course, it need a bit more tuning but god damn! It's like bully, the fighting system is way more satisfying on wii ... Too bad there is wiimote plugin for unity, I would expend the S*** out of that and bring gaming in the next era.

start at 6:40

Mix that with other successful implementation and you would had a winner.

sr388 likes this.
  29. Joker1980

Joker1980

Yes the wii version was awesome i played it on many consoles and wii was the best.

30. sr388

sr388

I see. Yeah, some of them are planned for next update after 2.3.6, like the enemy waves system with increasing difficulty (this will included the experience level for player and npcs), and the attachments in weapons. The current enemies can drop pickups when they died.

The rest of parts could be interesting aswell. I will work on them when I start with the local multiplayer. Thanks for the suggestions.

Cool, I didn't see those controls for that game before. This kind of scheme is always interesting, like in skyward sword and shattered memories (and others that I don't remember now). In fact I thought a way to make a similar control from skyward sword to control the arm movements of the player in a fight with regular controls. Maybe one day I could make it (and get a wii to play its best games or at least a pc able to move the emulator properly).

Btw, here another gif with a jedi power, pushing enemies forward (it will be improved):

Animation2.gif

Also, I have been seeing videos from deus ex mankind divided since it was announced and in this time I have added some of its elements to the TODO list (and I took inspiration for others already added), some of them related to the powers and its use with enemies, like the nano blade nailing their bodies to the wall or exploding. Those kind of things will be included too.

Regards.

31. neoshaman

neoshaman

There is a branch of the emulator with directX12 that is so fantastic I'm only cpu starved, worse I push things like 8x ssaa at full resolution full screen and it's perfect! on my f********************* mobile GPU, It's like graphics has no more impact on framerate! it's a f**************************************** miracle :confused: Though it does nothing for the cpu heavy game like teh last story who lag on my 1.9ghz cpu :( But mario galaxy will burn your retina

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-dolphin-dx12-backend
    I use that since my wii is dead so I can play all my games. It also have code to recognize teh wiimote right away too.

32. sr388

sr388

Cool. I also saw the new version 5.0 of dolphin, which is way better. But again, my laptop (which is what I use to work too) is not the best and some games that I want to play don't run properly. I will buy a better pc desktop when I get to save some money (also looking forward for smach zero).

33. neoshaman

neoshaman

What are the spec? Because my laptop isn't super good too, that's why it's a miracle. I sure can't play whatever AAA game that's out now, not even in min specs.

34. sr388

sr388

Acer Aspire V
    1 Tb storage
    8 Gb RAM
    Nvidia 840m
    Intel core i5-5200U 2.20 GHz
    64 bits with windows 8.1 (windows 10 makes laptop slower).

I used to play most games with low configurations, to get the best performance.

35. neoshaman

neoshaman

Wow, it's much more powerful than my laptop! :D
    You will have no problem playing those wii game at full resolution with perfect anti aliasing with the DX12 variant!:cool:

sr388 likes this.
  36. Joker1980

Joker1980

Just being curious because i am not sure how you are doing the ai's. Are you destroying them as game objects when health reaches 0 using the destroy game object command? If so this will cause alot of trash in the game. Instead you should activate the game object on the spawn and instead of destroying the game object when health reaches 0 you should just deactivate the game object. This will create a type of pooling system. You could also create a collider type spawn trigger as well when you enter the area it activates the enemies and when you leave the area it deactivates the enemies. This would be the best way of doing this. And another plus side to this would be that when you kill everything when you leave the area and come back the enemies would be respawned. Also if you do a wave system and the level is so big instead of setting a wave points you could set the wave point as 1 wave point and that would be the player so no matter where you are at the enemy comes to you. On top of this with a wave system you could have so many enemies and when they as they are killed they deactivate and reactivate at the transform of the closest spawn point to the player. If it is a wave system you can multiply health and speed and such to the level of the wave to the enemy this would increase the dificulty of the enemies each wave. This was just some advice i thought i would give you. If you haven't thought about it. And plus it would be very easy for you to do. Because of your programming level.

sr388 likes this.
  37. sr388

sr388

Actually, the current npcs don't dissapear yet, when they died, every component is disabled, but they are not destroyed. I will add a component to fade their bodies in x time, like in vehicles and turrets.

But yes, you are right, use the pooling system is the best option, along with the spawn system for waves of enemies, which also it is very useful, so the player is always surround by them, no matters where he goes (similar to games like borderlands).

Thanks for these advices, they are very useful and improve the start point that I had. And yes, this is easy to make, it shouldn't take too much time to do.

EDIT: I forgot to say that I will add player detection to the current security cameras, which will trigger an alarm, calling enemies to the player position.

I have tried metroid prime 1 and 2 and trilogy, but they doens't work at good speed. I will try other like mario galaxy series and zelda. I will tell you the experience ;)

Regards.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    hopeful likes this.
  38. neoshaman

neoshaman

Be careful though, look at cpu vs gpu, ie does changing graphics setting change the framer rate. Dolphin seems to be great with high GHz for cpu, I didn't see much impact from the gpu with dx12. TO play all game perfectly, 3.x ghz is recommended. I had a computer with i5 3.3Ghz and cpu starved game was fine but I had the burden of GPU emulation dragging it down, so I could play game but at lowest resolution and sometime game breaking downgrade visual.

With 1.9ghz I can play sonic games (which have some games become better once you can find good control mapping around the gimmick input, secret ring shine!), sonic colors is a solid AA full resolution with 29/30 fps (the game is capped at 30) so maybe the extra ghz you have over me will put the game at solid 30, also the game looks like a generation above, some level will makes your jaws drop. Xenoblade play great except in some cinematic (and some tweaks) and look amazing. Mario galaxy is another league entirely! However the last story was around 10 and 20, graphism is amazing but CPU is key. I remember skyward sword being super fine.

Basically, this build remove the graphic emulation burden, so some game greatly benefit from it, and those who aren't cpu starved shine so bright it hurt.

I'm sad metroid is cpu intensive though :( however once you upgrade there is VR mod of the game that is amazing :eek:

sr388 likes this.
  39. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Just a quick update. I have added a tag/layer manager to the asset, so now, you can add and remove tags and layers as you need in the same custom inspector, which shows both list too.

This manager allows to add tags/layers one by one or in a string list, checking that they are not already added and removing spaces in single words (to avoid problems). Also, the inspector allows to remove every tag/layer with a button in the side of every field, so it is very easy to manage it.

It is not a big deal, but this option means that, even if this asset is in complete projects, it doesn't need any project settings anymore, since the current tags and layers used in it can be added via inspector once the project has been imported. So you can import this asset in your project without problems, since it won't change any settings in it, and you can add these tags and layers, which will be restored in every object that use it, without any further configuration.

And here a gif:

Animation4.gif

As you can see, it only shows the added tags/layers, the default aren't showed since it can't be modified or removed. This capture shows the tag window opened, but the layer can be opened at the same time and looks identical.

Also, I have been configuring unity cloud build to upload those online demos that I had in google drive which are disabled now. Fortunately, the pc and android demo builds are avaliable to download.

And about the release of the update 2.3.6, I haven't been able to work as much as I would like due to personal reasons, but I am trying to finish it very soon, I am only checking that every system works, improving some editor, adding custom inspectors and fixing some issues. I don't want to tell an exact date, but this month will be finished.

Humm, I don't know why I didn't see the notification of a new message in gmail....Yeah, I see a VR video of dolphin and it has to be really cool (I won't buy a VR glasses for now, really expensive xd). What I would like is being able to play dolphin in a handheld, maybe smach zero could do that (I am not very sure if it will be able, seeing its specifications).

In other case, I hope that nintendo nx will bring games from game cube, wii and wii u, have all those games in one device.... I can't even imagine.

Regards.

emperor12321, neoshaman and hopeful like this.
  40. emperor12321

emperor12321

Would it take long to add an option for player to automatically pull himself up a ledge (a la titanfall). Just an idea. Also how do I access the demo on October? Appreciate your hard work!

41. sr388

sr388

Hi emperor12321.

Do you mean use the wall to impulse the player to walk forward or climb a ledge? I want to add both, giving a more dinamic gameplay, but I don't know when I will start to work in these parts yet. For climb the legde I want to start to work on it for next update after 2.3.6, along with other options like dodge, impulse the player in any direction and similar.

Respect the demo, for the version in the store (2.3.55), I will upload the webgl demo tomorrow (you can try the pc and android builds in the store and in the main page of this forum). For the update, I want to upload the demo in less that a week, to remove any issue and add some unfinished parts.

Thanks to you too for your interest.

Regards.

emperor12321 likes this.
  42. Brandon_Powell

Brandon_Powell

Lol, The last time i was this excited for a new release was "Captain America: Civil War"... There was discussion on previous pages about large scale procedural games, anyone interested should take a look at SpatialOS... what they are doing looks amazing and they seem interested in working with smaller developers.

sr388 likes this.
  43. sr388

sr388

Hahaha, I could say almost the same (now waiting for Dr Strange and guardians of the galaxy 2). I am really excited about finishing this update too (almost the biggest until now), because it will be a huge improvement over the previous version along with a lot of new features and options.

It is just I don't want to say another wrong release date, because in the last weeks I haven't been able to work with a regular schedule, due to the master.

And about SpatialOs, it looks really interesting, i will check better, thanks for show it.

emperor12321 and neoshaman like this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have uploaded the pc demo of the asset, so you can try the current state of the update. Some parts need to be polished (like some new menus which need some adjusments to be showed in diferent resolutions) and a few are not completly finished (don't worry if you find some bug or issue, they will be fixed. You can send me a PM if you want), but there are a lot of features completed and fully working.

Edit: New link in a new message.

Some new parts that I have added are:
    • Footsteps for npcs (same system used with the player)
    • Skids marks for vehicles with wheels.
    I will make the full changelog soon. Any thought, opinion or suggestions about the demo are welcome.

Also, in the main post you can find the WebGL demo for the current version of the store (2.3.55).

Regards.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  45. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Just a quick message. I have uploaded a new build with new cartels explaining some of the new features. Also, I have enabled the option to save the input manager in the menu (it was disabled in the previous build).

Btw, for the inventory system there is a three options to use any object:
    • First, using the menu, select the object and press the button use.
    • Second, pressing the interaction button close the object which needs that inventory object (avoid to open the inventory menu).
    • Third, when you are close to that object, the inventory automatically uses the object needed, without any action from the player.
    In the demo there are two doors to unlock by using the inventory system. One is the elevator in the building and the other is one of the holographic doors by using the inventory menu.

New build in a new message.

Edit: another addition that I am working is a new power for the player. the ability to shoot "nanoblades" similar to deus ex, which are adhered to the surface where collide (walls, vehicles, limbs and bodies of characters, etc..). The part left to add is stick the body of character to walls if one of these nanoblades kill them (like in deus ex or dead space) and the option to "charge" the blade and shoot it to explode, damaging anything close to the explosion.

Regards.

46. Joker1980

Joker1980

The weapons and jet pack should be equip able items done through the inventory system.

sr388 likes this.
  47. sr388

sr388

My first thought about the weapons was to use them like the powers, with a menu to drag and drop in every key number of the keyboard, similar to other games where you can use around 8-10 weapons at the same time, allowing to unlock them while you play.

But yes, I want to make every weapon an inventory object (allowing to use both systems), so it can be equiped, dropped, stored,.. Even have a store in the game where you can buy and sell objects, weapons, ammo, health, .... (similar to borderlands), this will be added along with the experience system in the next update.

About the jetpack, I want to make that too, so you can equip litle vehicles like the jetpack, the sphere mode, a jumper, etc...

Thanks for the suggestion.

48. Brandon_Powell

Brandon_Powell

i think there is an issue with the demos, haven't been able to try the WebGL due to 404 error (yesterday it was 502 errors) and the pc demo seems to have issues with the controls not working, but still it's exciting to know it's getting close to release!

49. sr388

sr388

Mmm that is weird. I tried both demos the day I uploaded them and right now too, and both work without problem. Can you tell me more about those problems? What controls problems happen in the pc demo, maybe do you mean the gamepad controls?

And yes, for now I am back to the schedule and working in the update.

50. Brandon_Powell

Brandon_Powell

correction, i tried the first build and it worked, although there was an issue with the jetpack and guns when i tried the sphere mode and again in first person. I was using mouse/keyboard, the only controls that responded at all were WASD , the mouse wheel, and the number keys for selecting powers. It seems like nothing else was working, tried my gamepad and got the same result, i can walk and steer the camera, but not jump or do anything else. will try on another pc this evening and report if i get different results.