Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.7%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.2%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.5%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been working on more general improvements and minor fixes for the middle update. One of them is the improved system to carry dead bodies or just characters in ragdoll state in third person, with a much more smoother movement and physics interaction that before. Here how it looked before:

And here how it looks now:

*Spoiler: the solution was deadly simple haha and took just a couple of minutes to add, only a couple of code lines, so no changes or extra settings or additions in the objects are needed.

Regards.

hopeful, JRD and Boom_Shaka like this.
  2. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I improved the AI related to the option to detect noise, allowing to configure a return position after a delay to check it out and then, return to its original position. And also, rotation, making it to look again to a certain direction, for example, if they are guarding a door, corridor or similar:

more improvements new stuff 599.gif

more improvements new stuff 601.gif

Regards.

EN_Games, Peppo87, hopeful and 2 others like this.
  3. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

Gentlemen, I bring you .... weapon reloading, configured through the action system, able to be used on any weapon, with smooth transition from IK, to animation and back to IK to hold and carry the weapon.

Also, the animation is configured in a new layer only for the upper body, so the lower body can perform other action in the meantime, like moving for example (working on this has allowed me to learn more about the animator system too):

This video is few days old and the reload action has been very improved and polished now. I will show more examples in the next days :)

Regards.

EN_Games, runealdoo, Altair44 and 3 others like this.
  4. sas67uss

sas67uss

Very bad demo for android ! [in android 9]
    Can not move or look with character:confused: joystick controller was not worked .

5. sas67uss

sas67uss

Why apk demo is so large ? 320 MB for a demo :eek: is your asset optimized for mobile ?

6. sr388

sr388

Hi @sas67uss.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have a few android devices and the demos worked properly on all of them. But a couple of users told me the joysticks don't work on their devices (touch buttons work properly). And right after that, I made some debug and found that for some strange reason, their devices were detecting a gamepad connected (that check uses a function of unity, so it seems unity it self gets that value when checking for gamepads). It is the kind of issue that unless you have a lot of devices to test, it is not possible to find until some user have a device where that may happens.

So in this case, I have fixed that issue that seems to happen either or very specific version of android or just some devices (it seems that there is no relation between them, so seems like some kind of random bug on that function of unity to check gamepads connected).

For the upcoming middle 3.02g, which will be ready in a matter of days, the joysticks will work in any device with no problem, since the part that checks for gamepads is properly ignored on mobile. The new update will also have new android demos with the joysticks working properly on any device :)

I can send you a new apk build with the joysticks fixed if you want to try it already. I will send you a PM. Sorry for the inconveniences.

And about the size, it is due to there are a few demos inside each build and the elements on them (materials, textures and some 3d mesh) are not optimized 100% for mobile. But take into account that those are just placeholders, so once you put your own models and levels, that size will change according to those meshes and materials.

Regards.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    andreiagmu and Boom_Shaka like this.
  7. sas67uss

sas67uss

Thanks for your prompt reply.
    But note that your build contains only 4 demos that consist of a character and a limited number of weapons and lightweight structures without texture.
    And this large size is not acceptable at all. I think this is a complicated problem.

8. sr388

sr388

Another element that probably takes part of that size are the textures and images on different elements of the UI (which are placeholder as well), and they are not much optimized for mobile. Most (if not all) the settings in the asset are just default, so there are probably some setting that could help to reduce that size on mobile. That kind of size management and optimization depends on each project and its content.

One element that will be improved is to move some components and objects out of the player (like some elements on the canvas), in order to reduce its size as well. You can be sure that either optimization on code and in size are very important elements for me and which are worked to make them as good as possible.

Regards.

9. sr388

sr388

Hi again @sas67uss.

Here some tests results that I made with just the locked camera transition demo scene (one of the demos in the PC build) for mobile.

Regular size:

results 1.png

Reduced size:

results 2.PNG
    Comparison:

results 3.PNG

This was after removing some image files of the project which are used as example for the tutorial system and other stuff that is just as placeholder and other elements that are usually replaced with other elements for final projects/games. As you can see, most of the size are from just images (and more could be removed from the asset to reduce this build size), which are not much optimized for mobile and there quite a good amount for icons and other UI elements, but most of them are replaced while working on projects/games.

Usually, apk builds with an empty scene used to take about 20 mb just by it self.

Also, I applied some settings for the build, here some forums I checked for that:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28100362/how-to-reduce-the-size-of-an-apk-file-in-unity
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ReducingFilesize.html
    https://damienfremont.com/2019/05/0...pk-file-size-of-your-build-for-mobile-device/

Let me know what you think.

Regards.

Boom_Shaka, hopeful and Peppo87 like this.
  10. Boom_Shaka

Boom_Shaka

I'm using Galaxy S8 (Android version 9; Kernel version 4.4.153 #2) and had no issues at all with the Android demos' size or performance.

And it's just a demo - we, as game devs, are responsible for optimizing for our target platform.

sr388 and magique like this.
  11. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Another improvement I made for upcoming middle update is related to the action system, as the option to make the player to walk to a certain position before and/or after make an action is now calculated by navmesh. So the movement is better, as it can detect dynamic obstacles on the way and take into account elements of the scene while moving toward the proper position:

Very happy to hear that @Boom_Shaka :)

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  12. Altair44

Altair44

13. sr388

sr388

Haha, seeing the lobster talk with its claw, killed me xd.

Very interesting. The idea for the dialogue system in GKC is to integrate salsa lip sync for example, but others solutions, like that one could be added as well.

Besides that, the integration with dialog system asset stills planned as well, while the dialogue system in GKC keeps receiving improvements as well, like camera change, animations, more dialogue styles, show the image of the current character talking on screen and many more :)

Regards.

Peppo87 and Altair44 like this.
  14. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

it has been a good day of progress and elements checked. Many elements in the vehicle has been improved, including more customization in the vehicle camera rotation values with much smoother rotation (vertical and horizontal speed for separated third and first person camera type), better weapon turret rotation on vehicles, etc.... And an improved custom editor in certain components of vehicles, similar to the one added on player’s inventory, with settings organized on categories under buttons, to make them easier to find and manage:

Regards.

EN_Games, hopeful and Altair44 like this.
  15. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I made an overview video of the ability system, which I divided into two parts, here the first one:

Regards.

hopeful and neoshaman like this.
  16. closetgeekshow

closetgeekshow

I'm having a weird thing happen when using the action demo and trying to sit in a chair. See attached image for what happens.

Did I miss a setup step or something?

Attached Files:

sr388 likes this.
  17. hopeful

hopeful

That's looking really great! :)

A question about the stealth. Does it take into account the perception of the target? Like, if a character has an infrared monocle (+perception), would that allow them to see the stealthed character?

Or another mechanic for this would be in a horror game, a NPC might be harder to see ... unless the flashlight shines on them.

You don't necessarily need to add anything, as after all we have to make our own games, but I thought it might be good to inquire about whether the ability system in general is friendly to modifications. Like if a character has resistances or protections (like ... resistant to sleep), has a temporary resistance to fire type damage, etc.

sr388 likes this.
  18. sr388

sr388

Hi @closetgeekshow.

Yes, that is because the animations used for the examples of the action system are not included on the asset, as those animations are not mine but from the mixamo free animations. Check the doc, it is better explained on it and there is a package of animations for these action examples in a public repository on github. Just import it and the animations are assigned automatically (you maybe need to restart unity, so the changes are applied properly).

Of course, the action system can use any animation as it uses the animator system of unity, so there is not any limit on that part.

I am going to add a text message on the action demo to explain that part as well, to avoid any confusion ;) Let me know your results.

Suggestions are always welcome, so don't worry. The ability system is very easy to extend and add new abilities, as it was made with that purpose, so you can add the logic you prefer to them.

About the stealth, it is basically two types of "invisibility" right now, one is the hide system, for the current examples of hiding on the grass or below objects, like a table, a vehicle, inside a locker, etc... (examples currently present), which is limited to a place in the level. Other type is the stealth/total invisibility, which can be activated for the player at any moment though the ability system (with options to limit its use and duration).

So the AI ignores the player in those states, though the first one will be ignored if the player damages an AI, which will make him visible. What could be added is an option on the AI to allow to ignore the stealth and the hide states, separately, so maybe an AI type is able to see him always and other just in certain states. That would be useful.

Related to damage protections, yes, it is planned to add a property to damage, to configure different damage types, so each character can has more or less resistance to each type and elements like the experience system can alter those values as well as the future armor/cloth system, which can add extra stats, like new resistances or weakness, or change those current values, allowing to set as many values as you need on each piece.

About make an NPC visible, that could be maybe done with the smartphone tool, as you can set the model layer of a character to be regular visible, but maybe that model by default is hard to see. And then, that same character would have a second model with other shader or texture (or maybe even other aspect) which is only visible and rendered in the layer of the camera in the smartphone (which can be customized and there is a layer used for this "hidden"/not visible" elements), so the player maybe sees an old woman but the smartphone sees a horrible creature.

There are some shaders which can be applied on trigger, which could be applied to the flashlight tool, which makes a similar thing, but I haven't worked on that kind of shaders before, but would like to learn more about it.

As you can see, these are just some examples, so yeah, you can customize and create new abilities easily, as the system it self is a list of actions (which can activate animations through the action system), configuring the input options to trigger events on press down/hold/up, allowing to link that input to a new ability script.

Regards.

Peppo87 likes this.
  19. yuriix

yuriix

Hi,
    I would like to create a game like FPS Survival and I'm search something for no coding user and GDK looks interesting.

1. Is the GDK useful to a user who has no programming skills?
    2. Do you plan to add inventory (for various items)? What I tried and was (no longer on the asset store) in my opinion is the best "Inventory Pro" - https://github.com/devdogio/Inventory-Pro.
    3. Do you plan add online multiplayer? and how will it be handled - Photon module or something?

Thank you.
    Regard.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    sr388 likes this.
  20. sr388

sr388

Hi @yuriix.

Thanks for your interest in the asset.

1. Yes, one of the objectives of the asset is to be as customizable as possible through inspector and options, without need to add extra code or dive into it (of course, you can access to any part of it and extend it as you need). There is a lot of options to configure the systems as you need (including to disable everything you don't need) and there are event settings in most components, to add even more customization and possibitlies.

2. There is already a very powerful inventory system in GKC, which allows to add any kind of object, including pickups like ammo, weapons, consumables, regular inventory objects, and create different actions on them, including to drop, examine, use, combine, discard, sell, buy, etc... and configure any event when using, combining, etc...there is also options for weight limits and configure the mass of each object as well.

Elements like armor/cloth and melee weapons will be added on 3.03 (this update will include melee weapon system, including the ability on the AI to use it too), including its management through the inventory as well and crafting will be added as well. Recipes and blueprints to build objects and tools will be included too, and even to prepare food.

3. Yes, online multiplayer using mirror is planned for this year, to be started around the half of the year.

Let me know if you have any other question or doubt :)

Regards.

21. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I noticed some elements of the close combat system that could be improved and wanted to put on practice some of the new elements that I learnt about the animator system along with some structure elements planned for the melee combat system.

In summary, I have remade a part of this close combat system and it works much better than the previous one along with one very huge improvement which will also benefit the melee combat system. Here you can see the previous animator layer of the close combat system (classic spaghetti connections and transitions):

animator 2.PNG

And here its new aspect with the improved close combat system:

animator 1.PNG

As you can see, now it doesn't require any connection between the animations, you just put the attack animation and connect it to exit, no extra settings are necessary, in a similar way to the action system. And in this example, there are different types of attacks, which can be chained at will. This will also help to work faster on the melee combat system

Regards.

Altair44, EN_Games, Razmot and 5 others like this.
  22. yuriix

yuriix

Hi.

Sounds great. Can the GKC create quests, dialogues or is it scheduled for this year?

I looked at https://trello.com/b/gvn2RLc3/gkc, but it's not quite clear to me when what is planned is assumed.

Thank you.
    Regards.

23. sr388

sr388

Yes, there is a dialogues system and a mission system to create any type of mission/quest, mission boards, mission given by dialogues or directly by NPCs, activated by triggers or events, etc...

You can see some examples here (in the videos says preview, but all that content is already available, as those videos were recorded while working on these systems, to show its progress):

I recommend to take a look at the rest of videos on that channel, including the tutorial videos (there are some for the dialog and the mission systems and more will arrive soon).

And more improvements and options will be added to both in next updates, including animations, camera changes and more on the dialogues for example.

I have to update the content in trello (which I will do right after complete the upcoming update 3.02g), to show what is already done and what will arrive in 3.03 and next updates. You can also see more info in the discord channel, here the link in case you want to join: https://discord.gg/kUpeRZ8

Regards.

Peppo87 likes this.
  24. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Great day of progress. I have finished the improvements for the close combat system and now much simpler, yet more powerful and customizable and the big improvement of a much easier and faster setup of animations (the images above), which will be a great help for the upcoming melee combat system.

Also, as an example, the roll action can break crates, similar to dark souls (the same event option that activate the push of objects it also calls a remote event in the remote event system component attached to the crates to call the kill function on its health component, in order to break the crate):

Regards.

25. neoshaman

neoshaman

Would it be hard to had a freeze frame effect at the moment things break?

sr388 likes this.
  26. sr388

sr388

With freeze frame effect, you mean to freeze all the elements in the game, the animation on the player, or something else?

In the first case, I haven't tried the freeze frames before, but I think it would be a coroutine using the unscaled time function to set the duration of the frozen frames. And that function could be added to the Utils script as static function. Maybe make a game effects component which would allow to configure effects like that calling those functions for effects and they would be triggered by the same events options as the ones used on the above video to break crates.

I will put that in the todo list ;)

Regards.

neoshaman likes this.
  27. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

A good friend has made a very good animation for the reload weapons, in this case, for the shotgun, which has allowed me to configure an example for the reload action in that kind of weapon and tweak the reload settings, to include the shells reload sound too:

And another weapon has an example configured for the reload action, this time the revolver:

Regards.

28. Mr_squiggle

Mr_squiggle

Hi I was wondering if there will be a menu editor wizard (I'm not sure if I missed it in the documentation). For example load game/new game/settings etc etc.

Also I was wondering if there is options for the ai in the melee update to have routines. Like a boss to run around a certain place. Then does another attack. Then does a different attack. And repeats itself. Like a mario boss or something like that.

Looking forward to the melee update. I'm trying to make a survival horror game, slowly getting there.

sr388 likes this.
  29. sr388

sr388

Hi @Mr_squiggle.

There is already a home menu scene with an example of that kind of menu in the asset (is the scene called home menu), which basically works by events on the buttons components.

There is also a pause menu in the player as well, with a similar way to work, but there is also a pause menu component which allows to configure new pause menus panels, so the system knows if you are in the main pause menu or in a submenu inside of it (a similar setting is also included for ingame menus, used on inventory, map, experience, mission log, etc...).

The usual way to manage new menus or what buttons do on each one is mostly managed with events on the buttons, since, so the possibilities there are all of the UI system of unity it self. Let me know if you any other doubt related to this or other element.

And about the AI, yes, more advanced behavior, including a boss system will be included for 3.03, which will be focused on the melee combat system, which will be usable by the AI as well (including its brain logic and customization for it). The health system already allows to kind of use "phases" on characters/AI based on remaining health, allowing to trigger other states based on that health amount.

For example, you can see here an example of AI starting with weapons, moving to combat and finally running away based on the damage received.

https://twitter.com/santimonti90/status/1241182273577369601?s=20

The melee update (3.03) will be started this week and I am very excited to work on it :D

Regards.

Altair44, Peppo87 and blacksun666 like this.
  30. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

Game Kit Controller is on sale until the end May with a 30% OFF!

Here another example to pick up stuff with the action system, this time, getting some more stuff to make a kind of supplies box:

Also, I configured an example of the vendor system used on an NPC, including dialog before and after using the vendor (all of that can be configured at will) (resident evil fans may notice the reference on that NPC):

Regards.

Altair44 and Peppo87 like this.
  31. syphon1977

syphon1977

Bought it at full price last week, worth every penny!!

Three questions:
    1. When is the update with NPC Vendor System going to be released?

2. How do you make a prefab/object (e.g. drone, flying car, etc.) fly around to different way points. AI patrol for flying objects/prefabs?

3. How do I stop AI Friends from following me when I walk near them?

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    sr388 likes this.
  32. Peppo87

Peppo87

Hi Santi,
    with the action sistem is it possible to shoot or perform other actions (like takedown, instakill, pick up, ecc.) while crouching?

hopeful and sr388 like this.
  33. sr388

sr388

Thanks @syphon1977 for your purchase and for your kind words, it is really appreciated :)

About your questions:
    1. This week, everything should be ready and sent to the store. I had to finish the new weapon creator wizard (which is complete) and just need to make a few minor tests on some elements of the update. Also, I am configuring a few more examples of the action system, like climb an obstacle, animation when using an inventory object (like drink or eat a consumable), some more stealth kills and a couple more of interactions taken from resident evil 4 which will be very cool and quick to add :)

2. There is no any flying AI type for now at least, but I would like to work on that type in a future update. There is also planned an update focused on the AI, to make a lot of improvements, more customization, behaviours and much more.
    The more similar now is the patrol system for the humanoid AI type, which has some examples prefabs and a component which allows to add the patrol to any AI with just a click button.

3. The friendly AI has an option on the component "find objectives system" which avoids the assignation of the player as a partner to follow. The field is this one:

upload_2020-5-19_18-53-0.png

If I remember properly, the system has a check to make the player to get up (or set its state as not crouching when the action is performed, so you can make the transition from crouch to the next action. There is no any limitation on the current state of the player to start the action, as he will make the transition smoothly from one state to the next.

With this option, the player will stop from crouch.

upload_2020-5-19_18-54-34.png

I will make tests with it, to make sure it works properly :)

Right now, the player can't crouch when using weapons in third person, due to I haven't crouch animations yet, but I will get them for 3.03, where all the strafe mode in third person is going to be very improved, with a much better looking and smoother movement and animations, including the ability to use weapons while crouching ;)

Regards.

Altair44, hopeful and Peppo87 like this.
  34. Peppo87

Peppo87

Good, looking forward for the next update, and thank's for the reply. It could be also interesting a lockpicking action for the third person, like the one in MGS V or Uncharted The Lost Legacy (wich I finish to play yesterday).

Regards! ^_^

sr388 likes this.
  35. sr388

sr388

Glad to help in anything possible :)

Not sure exactly what you mean with lockpicking action. Do you have an example of that type of action?

Regards.

36. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an option on each weapon to use a custom camera state on third person when aiming for both right and left side (or use it as a secondary view, which can be maybe one on the right and other above, each camera state can be in any position and offset), so according to each weapon, the camera can be placed in a farther or closer position, for example, in a farther position backward if the weapon is a gatling or a big rocket launcher.

Hi @dnaster. Thanks for your kind words :)

3.02g (which is the current middle update in process) should be sent to the store this week and I will start with 3.03 right after that. It should take about a month for the melee combat and other improvements on third person along with other systems.

Regards.

Peppo87 likes this.
  37. Peppo87

Peppo87

Sorry, maybe it's fault of my bad english. :p Here two videos as an example:
    The simple lock pick action in MGS V

Here in Uncharted The Lost Legacy (on 9:25 minute)

Regards :)

sr388 likes this.
  38. yuriix

yuriix

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  39. sr388

sr388

Oh, I see now. Yes, that kind of actions could be configured with the action system, so you can open chests, doors, and any other type of animation to unlock or open objects to walk inside or get pickups from them.

1. The asset has already first person view with almost everything adapted and working on that view (mostly, the full body awareness and the management of animations for weapons in first person is what is left to add, which will be included on 3.03 update).
    2. There are no plans to integrate other character controllers assets like UFPS or others similar, as GKC already has a powerful character controller, which keeps being improved and getting better on each update. And there are many more features, options, customization and systems planned for the character controller of GKC ;)

Regards.

40. neoshaman

neoshaman

Speaking of which, how hard would it be to create a building system that is grid align and editable like in fortnite?

sr388 likes this.
  41. sr388

sr388

Interesting question, as I have been working on an integration with Easy Build System, you can see the results here (reduce volume due to I forgot to pause music during the recording xd):

It only needs to link the inventory of GKC to the use of materials and add a tool/weapon examples used, to use the build system only with that tool. I am also going to integrate soon Space Combat Kit and Mech Combat Kit.

Regards.

42. Anhella

Anhella

good day
    how to make the enemy player use a bat or machete/knife to attack the player?

sr388 likes this.
  43. hopeful

hopeful

Good to know! And for those interested in using this integration, I'd like to point out that Easy Build System and Space Combat Kit appear to be on sale right now, as is GKC. (I didn't even know there was a sale in the store.)

Will the GKC use a separate inventory or inventory category for items used with Easy Build System (EBS)?

sr388 likes this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Hi @dnaster.

There is no melee combat system yet, but it is going to be added very soon, as 3.03 (the update which will contain it) will be started in a few days and it should be ready in about a month after that. The system will allow the player and the rest of humanoid AI to use the melee system and any kind of weapon for it, like those that you said.

Yeah, all these assets are on sale (including GKC), so it is a good moment to pick them to any who is interesting on it and the upcoming integration of both with GKC :)

About your question, both will use their inventory system, but allowing to link the materials to build on EBS with the inventory of GKC, so you can have a visual menu to see your current materials to build and how they are removed from inventory as the player uses them or stored as he picks them. I want also to include a 3d world UI on the weapon tool to use the build mode, so you can see directly on the tool these materials easily, without need to use an ingame menu.

Regards.

45. hopeful

hopeful

I don't think I understand, and I'm not sure how EBS handles inventory.

But ... as a game system, what I would like is to have the general pattern of:

1) A complete building item inventory, where everything that can be used in a building is stored;
    2) A vendor inventory which may or may not include all of the items in the complete inventory (say, a Lamps Only store that carries only lamps, but not couches);
    3) A player character inventory, which has what the player has purchased / unlocked. This may contain either the actual items to be placed, or the type of item to be placed ... meaning in the first case, if there is only one couch in the inventory, then only one couch can be placed and it is removed from inventory once placed. In the second case, the couch is a type of couch which remains available in inventory no matter how many times it is placed.

So how it works in play is that a player views the inventory they have on their character to see what they can build. If they don't have the right items, they need to acquire them through game play rewards or buying them from a vendor. Depending on the game logic, they may need to acquire multiple numbers of items, just like how a weapons inventory might need multiple arrows / bullets.

sr388 likes this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Of course, that is the main idea (I didn't into much detail in my previous message). For 3.02g, the integration with EBS will be partial, in the meaning that the player won't have linked its inventory with the items to build (it will be unlimited). This is only to have ready the upcoming 3.02g and start to work on 3.03 as soon as possible.

This is also since 3.03 will have the crafting system, which will allow to manage better the items to build, recipes/blueprints for structure or objects/tools to build, etc...

And of course, all the elements you mention in your post above. Some of the game examples that I have in mind to take ideas and inspiration for these systems is terraria, earthbound, minecraft and a couple more of scifi type.

Regards.

Peppo87 and hopeful like this.
  47. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been working on an improved and smoother strafe mode for the player in third person when using weapons and most of its elements are already done. It will be included on the update 3.03, to avoid more wait from the upcoming 3.02g. Here you can see what is expected on that improved strafe mode with weapons, with a more natural pose than the current one and which will look much better:

The animations are from mixamo, but I am using them as a temporal placeholder to work on the improvements in the meantime. Along with that improved strafe mode, there will be a crouch strafe as well when using weapons in third person.

Regards.

Neviah, Peppo87 and MegaCo like this.
  48. MegaCo

MegaCo

Good Day,

How would I disable strafe and keep my player movement speed while shooting? (It seems to slow down while firing) I'm trying to replicate the Remedy Control game.

Thank you for your Amazing work!

sr388 likes this.
  49. sr388

sr388

Hi @MegaCo.

Sorry for the time to reply, this weekend I have been visiting the family and haven't had as much time to keep working as I would like. But I am back at work. Also, thanks for your kind words, I really appreciate them.

About your question, yes, that is due because by default, when the player enters in strafe mode, he is on walk state, instead of the sprint. If I remember properly, there is an option to always be in strafe mode in sprint state (or at least, set that state when the strafe mode is activated).

Give me a few minutes while I check the option and return here asap to tell you about it.

Regards.

MegaCo likes this.
  50. sr388

sr388

I am back. The option to keep running on strafe mode is here:

upload_2020-5-25_0-40-17.png

This current mode is only activated when the player uses the input to aim, but not when the player fires the weapon directly without aiming. I will add the option to use the sprint state when just firing the weapons as well on third person, like the current option.

You maybe want to disable the stamina system or disable/remove the state which uses the sprint mode by default:

upload_2020-5-25_0-42-43.png

Let me know if you try that. I love Control btw, I want to include more mechanics from that game in the asset. The free floating mode ability on the asset was very inspired by that mechanic from Control ^^

You can see it here (minute 03:22), as one of the abilities of the ability system overview (there are many improvements planned for that system, to make it much better):

Regards.

Neviah, Peppo87 and MegaCo like this.