Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.7%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.2%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.5%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ajroche

ajroche

That response helped me understand what I wanted to know about what was possible. Thank you for the clarity (and more importantly the asset!. I'll hop in discord with specific questions. ta

sr388 likes this.
  2. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have configured an example of the current grappling hook system as attachment for weapons in some free time while making the last tests on the AI. In this case, I haven't been able to not use the double shotgun, in honor to doom eternal, and I really like how it looks (I will show the same example in first person tomorrow):

Regards and praise the doom slayer.

Neviah, hopeful, neoshaman and 3 others like this.
  3. blacksun666

blacksun666

two ideas for the grappling hook. Option to have it have two modes, first mode shoots it out and second (might be alt-fire) causes the wire to retract rather than have it all happen in one go. Second idea is to allow it to be used to pull stuff towards you if what you shoot is not fixed and lighter than you.

sr388 likes this.
  4. hopeful

hopeful

Really like what you're doing here! :)

sr388 likes this.
  5. sr388

sr388

Yes, that kind of control will be added in next updates, to avoid to increase the time for this update 3.02f to be ready. But yeah, things like swing, attract objects instead of being pulled towards them and more is planned for this grappling hook, similar to other games like just cause.

Thanks, happy to hear that.

Btw, AI checks and tests are already complete, so moving to the last tests for the action system for the final version of the new update. Very close to be ready :)

Regards.

neoshaman, Peppo87 and hopeful like this.
  6. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here the example of the grappling hook as attachment on weapons in first person:

And also using it on enemies, similar to doom eternal:

The max raycast distance is totally configurable and also the surfaces to use the grappling hook, so you can limit as much as you prefer this element. For example, to only work on static surfaces or just on enemies, etc... Also, it is used through the attachment system so you can use it on any weapon or maybe even make a tool just used for this grappling hook with no other use.

Regards.

7. hopeful

hopeful

Is it also set up to pull objects / victims to the user? You mentioned something about that above.

sr388 likes this.
  8. renel12345_unity

renel12345_unity

How do I slow my character down. He starts running very quickly and I want to be able to walk and run but it seems I only run right away.

I might be missing something.

Or could I set it up to user the shift key to run although I think you already did that but the walk seems to be as fast as the run animation.

Please help.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    sr388 likes this.
  9. sr388

sr388

Yes, that will be added as well. For now, the player is attracted towards the position of the surface. But in the next update 3.03, the system will be able to pull objects toward player position instead, with options to configure the mass of these objects and the strength of the player and set that as a new stat value in the stat system, able to be upgraded through the experience/skill system, so the player is able to pull heavier things over time.

I want also add an option to use this mechanic in a similar way to bulletstorm, to allow to attack or fire at those targets instead of moving too quick to just bump them into the player's head haha.

91vQBg.gif

The current attraction takes into account if the object attached to the hook is moving, rotating or being just a rigidbody, so the hook point moves with it. So you could use it for cool stuff like throwing a box toward the air and use it as a hook point which literally carries the player with it. I will show an example of that later.

I was writing the reply until I noticed your name and remember the gmail message haha. Glad to help with that setting. For anyone with a similar question, here the solution. To set the player to walk by default and toggle speed to run and back to walk, set these settings in player controller component, in player controller gameObject:

unnamed (6).png

You can also use the field "hold button to keep increased walk speed" to change speed while holding run button or use run button as a toggle instead.

Since this is a very common setting in different games, I have added on the todo list to make a quick video tutorial with this explanation. Along with that, other settings related to the player and his movement will be added, like make him to look toward camera direction and other similar settings, for styles like resident evil, dead space, and other third person games.

That will be added to the doc as well.

Regards.

Peppo87 and hopeful like this.
  10. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added options for the climb ledge system to activate the climb action automatically when the player grabs a ledge, without need to use the movement input for it, with separated options for third and first person.

Also, I have made movements for actions like draw and keep weapons in first person and activate the edit attachments for weapons in game, with smoother movements for weapons and camera, to make them more natural and better.

And for the grab object system (including the gravity gun) options to use the remote event system when grabbing and dropping an object. So with this, you can call remotely events on that object without having events with some dependency of the player or other object external to the grabbed object.

For example, similar to half life 2, the action to grab an enemy with the gravity gun and turn it into a ragdoll is made through that remote event system, with nothing hard coded for it.

Regards.

Peppo87, EN_Games, anomas and 4 others like this.
  11. anomas

anomas

Hiya again,
    The new update is shaping up nicely, great videos.
    Anyhow i would like to ask you something, is it possible to equip powers in one hand and weapons on the other or will it be something you'll add later? Another thing that would be great is the option to automatically enter combat when no weapon is equipped.

sr388 and hopeful like this.
  12. sr388

sr388

Thanks @anomas, happy to hear that :)

About your question, not yet out of the box. You could make a component to set the logic for that, so if no weapons are equipped, change the mode and similar. I want to add a component for it for that purpose, so little "rules" or conditions can be configured to how the automatic change of modes works and customize that conditions at will.

Along the condition system, which will be used not only for that, but for any purpose to configure logic through settings, without need to use or add code. So for actions or triggers, conditions will be available, like if the player has x object, one of his stats is higher or lower or equal to x, all kind of conditions to trigger anything you need.

This will be added on 3.03.

Regards.

anomas and hopeful like this.
  13. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an option in the main GKC menu (top options bar of unity) to add a dialog content system to any character or object automatically, adjusting the couple of manual settings that need to be applied directly, so the dialog is ready to be used (adding the dialog text lines needed for that character) with just using that main option bar. Here you can see it:

I have also added prefabs for the AI which uses powers to attack its target, instead of weapons or combat and that AI type can be selected in the character creator as well.

Finally, I am going to prepare a beta for the 3.02f version and will be ready tomorrow. So anyone who wants to try it, send me a PM.

Regards.

14. anomas

anomas

Just to get this straight, this will work for the power in one hand and weapon in another scenario as well?

15. sr388

sr388

Yes, like I said, this condition system will allow to customize stuff like that, and I will add an example for this purpose, to combine elements like use the powers when no weapon equipped and similar settings.

And about using a weapon and a power at the same time, it is planned to be added (though that is a different part of the condition system, as it will need some additions for it). But yeah, the idea is to have mechanics similar to bioshock, allowing to for example, similar to how the dual weapons work, the same can be done with selecting a weapon for a hand and a power for the other hand.

Regards.

Peppo87 and anomas like this.
  16. sr388

sr388

Good news, everyone.

The beta of 3.02f is already available, so anyone who wants to try it, send me a PM here.

Also, I have added an option to use the smartphone tool in third person more easily, through a set of options that allows to change the position, scale and location of a canvas. In this case, the smartphone screen from its 3d world position to a fixed position in the player’s HUD (totally configurable to set the position and scale of that screen on the HUD). This makes it easier to use the smartphone in third person, similar to games like GTA V.

Also, the weapon system allows now to unlock the cursor of the game in third person as well (previously it was only possible on first person) in order to use the UI buttons of the smartphone, to move between its apps. This can be also used to press button and elements on any weapon/tool and can be customized separately for each view and for each weapon. It was quick to configure, since mostly all the options were already on the weapon system and the smartphone behavior.

Regards.

17. Mr_squiggle

Mr_squiggle

Hi I was wondering if there is going to be expanded options with the npc interaction dialogue system. Like in bioware rpg games when you talk to a character sometimes you need a certain amount of a stat so the option is avialable. For example fi a strength is over 8 or something that allows you to intimidate the character (which plays a different animation). Also an option with the character that is sorta like a 20 percent (or whatever your choosing) of working. And it can be based on a stat also like the game disco elysium.

sr388 likes this.
  18. BioBurden

BioBurden

Hi, is it possible to integrate the Low Poly FPS Pack with this asset? Thanks in advance.

sr388 likes this.
  19. sr388

sr388

Yes, the stat system (which allows to configure and manage any kind of state that you can need, from health, money, level, experience amount, strength, oxygen level, etc...) will be usable with the dialog system, so the dialog will allow to check and compare values of the stat system with values configured in the dialog, or even configure some stats for an NPC.

Like that, dialogues can take into account those comparisons and show or hide possible dialog lines, jump or unlock conversations, show answer or hide others, and move to one dialog or other according to those answers. So yeah, those values will be usable in the dialog, triggering different outcomes.

Are you maybe niallobrien from discord? He asked also about that asset. Just in case and for anyone who wants to know it too, here what I said:

"For weapons in first person view, animation management will be added to first person view, so assets like low poly fps animations will be usable out of the box with no problem for update 3.03, next after upcoming 3.02f.

About Low Poly FPS Pack, I have planned to talk with its developer and try the animation management system for weapons on GKC with it. And with that, having an integration out of the box between both assets
    "

Regards.

Peppo87 and BioBurden like this.
  20. BioBurden

BioBurden

Yup, that's me. Thank you for your reply.

Peppo87 likes this.
  21. sr388

sr388

Hi everoyone.

I have been making more checks on the action system and during that, I have added vault and running slide to the actions available, being made automatically when detecting the triggers to jump above an obstacle or below it without any further input rather that just moving toward those triggers.

more improvements new stuff 590.gif

Regards.

22. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Hope all of you are secure with all this lockdown and virus situation, which is affecting to everything in the world, including videogames. So hope that you are good and safe, finding things to do or work from home :)

In the meantime, I will keep working on the asset as hard as usual and bring the best content possible. The new version 3.02f is really really close to be finished.

I have added an option to configure critical damage on the list of weak spots that can be customized on the health component. This uses a probability that can be adjusted between two values: 0 and 100. A random number with that range is generated, if the value is inside that range (the random value can be 35 and the range 20 to 40, so the damage would be critical). This option allows to kill the target if the critical damage is the result obtained, apply a damage multiplier or remove the total amount of health from that weak spot.

critical damage.PNG

This allows the text of the classic “CRITICAL!” (or other string) to be shown through the damage on screen component, which is used by the health system to show on screen the damage numbers, like in borderlands.

In this example, the head uses the critical damage probability, with a range of 10 to 90, which is pretty high, so most damages will cause critical, though there is no damage extra configured for this example and no extra damage is configured. I will show other examples this week.

Regards and keep safe.

anomas, EN_Games, Altair44 and 3 others like this.
  23. Altair44

Altair44

Thank you for your hard work. Take care of yourself too.

24. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an option in the action system for those actions which are made while the player can still moving, like the roll for example, where the camera direction is ignored, so he make movements based on his direction rather than the camera. This can be noticed here, in this example the option to ignore the camera direction is disabled:

And here is enabled:

Also, there is a new option which allows to set a list of actions that can be used randomly when the player activates a custom action like the roll, so instead of make the same animation, it can perform a different animation for the same action randomly, like in the above video, where he sometimes roll and other he slides, they are just randomly picked of a list of two actions for this example, and more could be added.

Regards.

EN_Games, Razmot, xDeveloper and 5 others like this.
  25. anomas

anomas

Hi,
    the category list buttons seems to be messing the inventory in both 3.02e and f:
    upload_2020-3-28_6-7-25.png

To reproduce you can open the inventory, click on the categories list button, then click on any of the buttons in the list.
    In the screenshot you can see how the empty icons and icon position gets messed up.

26. sr388

sr388

@anomas not sure what you mean. That button allows to show the different categories of objects in the inventory according to how they are defined and managed in the main inventory list manager component.

Can you tell me more about the issue you are having?

Regards.

27. anomas

anomas

upload_2020-3-29_5-4-37.png
    The icons inside the green box are shown, but no empty icons are shown (in the previous picture) when you select a category. Also after selecting a category you get stuck in this view, you can't revert back to the previous "view all" selection.

28. sr388

sr388

I see. Not really sure if what you describe is an issue or that maybe you think that category option works in a different way that actually works.

But, in any case, I will take a look at that feature on the inventory, to make sure it is working as intended. If not, I will fix it. Else, I will take a better look at the exact way of work that you consider of how it should work, so maybe that way could be added as an option to work on both ways.

Regards.

anomas likes this.
  29. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here you can see just an example of using the roll/slide action by input or triggered automatically:

Also, I have configured in the event settings of the roll and the slide actions the option to activate the push object components, similar to the slide in first person, where objects and other characters can be pushed when doing this action:

more improvements new stuff 592.gif

Regards.

anomas, hopeful, Neviah and 4 others like this.
  30. anomas

anomas

Regardless of the way categories work shouldn't you be able to return to the view mode you started at? Select any category and try to go back to the previous layout, you can't or maybe i'm missing something.

Another issue i found was that if you immediately turn around after performing an action (for instance the jump over obstacle action) the action will not perform again unless you get out of the range of the trigger collider and try again.

Another one is that if you perform an action while not completely aligned with the trigger the animation will be out of sync(the best example is the door), this can also get the player stuck on the mesh(happened with the jump over obstacle).

sr388 likes this.
  31. sr388

sr388

Oh, this feedback is from the beta, not the current version on the store, is that right? I would prefer to receive that info through PM, support email or by discord, to keep a good track of any possible issue of the beta and distinguish any possible issue of the current version on the store and any possible issue from the beta (it is on the readme file that is on the beta). So please, for future feedback or this beta, send it to me through any of these ways, to keep everything organized :)

The checking of the inventory category menu will be checked, don't worry (I will do that today). And about the action system, yes, at the moment of the beta, it was the last system that I was performing tests to make sure that everything works properly and I have already made some improvements, polish and tweaks on that new system.

That includes options to limit input actions for camera actions, controller actions, movement input and camera rotation (all separated options to allow all customization needed for any type of action). In that way, you can easily avoid the player from jumping while performing a certain action or avoid the change of camera view, or to avoid camera rotation, etc....

So yeah, you can be sure all the elements of the action system already work properly and will be further tested for the final version of 3.02f. These tests are almost complete.

Regards.

anomas likes this.
  32. anomas

anomas

Awesome, can't wait to test it.
    P.S.:Sorry for posting on the wrong place, will send it through PM next time.:)

sr388 likes this.
  33. sr388

sr388

No problem at all, it just to not miss any feedback of the beta and keep everything organized :)

Btw, I have already made the tests on the buttons to show the inventory objects by category, and besides a couple of improvements and tweaks (the category name for the attachments wasn't correct and a check was added to combine the categories to show properly), everything worked as expected.

When you see the objects per categories, the empty slots are not shown (they work like that by default, since I think is the best way to just see the objects that the player is searching and avoid "distractions" like the empty slots). Also, to see all categories again, press the left button again (the same that shows the categories icons). Also, the scrollbar is reset now properly, moving to the top part again when changing of categories.

Thanks again for this feedback, it has already helped to improve elements on this new update :D

Regards.

34. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here another example of the push objects through the action system for roll. slide and vault (it can be used or disabled on any action):

more improvements new stuff 596.gif

Also, I have put the elements of the action system in the main options bar on the top of unity window, to add new actions and triggers easily.

actions menu.png

Regards.

35. Reactorcore

Reactorcore

I'm wondering how giant characters are possible to make in GKC?

Lets say I want a humanoid AI character that is 10x the size of the player, how would I scale it up and work correctly?

sr388 likes this.
  36. sr388

sr388

Hi @Reactorcore.

I think that characters can be scaled out of the box without further additions or modifications, though I haven't actually tried that before. The process will be mostly scale the gameObjects AI player controller and AI player camera (it is used to manage the looking direction and movement of the AI, but without having the actual camera component enabled, just a part of the player camera script to rotate the pivot direction). Here the objects to scale:

upload_2020-3-31_13-49-7.png

Let me know your results if you try this.

Regards.

Peppo87 and Reactorcore like this.
  37. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an option in the grappling hook system that allows to attract objects toward player's position instead of pull him towards them. Basically you just need to attach a component to the object to being attracted to identify it as a target to attract instead of pull.

There are different options on that component, to trigger events and even to set a reduced speed value when is close enough to the player (similar to bulletstorm) giving time to the player to do something with it instead of pull that object to his face directly haha:

I will post the changelog file of the update 3.02f so far tomorrow.

Regards.

38. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here the changelog of the update 3.02f so far (there is a few empty categories because no elements have been added to those parts, so those empty categories will be removed of the final changelog file).

GKC 3.02f Changelog

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  39. neoshaman

neoshaman

Can we cancel before or after grappling?

40. hopeful

hopeful

If we could control the spooling or attraction speed, making the transit take longer, being able to turn it off mid-ascent would be helpful.

sr388 likes this.
  41. sr388

sr388

@neoshaman do you mean to stop to use the grappling hook when the player is attracted to a surface and when an object is attracted to the player?

In that case, yes, you can press the key again to stop the grappling hook and both pull will be stopped. @hopeful you can also use the input to increase the pull speed as well.

Regards.

42. neoshaman

neoshaman

I meant before it grapple (too), it's not instant right? like bringing it back before it latch on.

sr388 likes this.
  43. sr388

sr388

The current "launch" of the hook is instant, at least, there is no a delay for that part of the grappling hook, so it can be only stopped once it attaches to something. I think that most games do the same process, to allow a faster use of the hook.

But an option to use a delay (and a cancel action before the latch) could be added in the next update too.

Regards.

neoshaman and hopeful like this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I know the development time has been prolonged a few times already, but most reasons for that has been to make some serious and very good improvements, tweaks and polish rather than just add new stuff or features, you can be sure of that. So I am working to have everything ready for the start of the upcoming week :) In the meantime, here some stuff:

more improvements new stuff 597.gif

Regards.

45. Reactorcore

Reactorcore

Recently bought the asset as I was seriously impressed by the features and the seeming ability to create a full game with no code.

If I understood correctly, I can simply by replacing the placeholder art, tweak the values in the inspector to specs, follow the tutorials to create new objects in guided step-by-step fashion, build levels and then organize these levels and progression to fit the purpose of the game. Essentially, I could make a competent game from start to finish even if I am no coder, provided I've created a cohesive design that takes into account the features and limitations of the GKC.

I've spent some time and devised two concepts that I would be excited to build and complete:

1. Randomly Violent
    The main obvious strenght of GKC is the cool situation that all the collective powers, weapons, abilities, actions and objects GKC comes packed with can create, allowing the player to experience cool moments and feel like a badass when they perform a stunt or a miracle of taking down an opponent in an unusual way that involves physics and slomo. The more weapons, features and more things GKC has or gets, the exponentially more combined situations the game will offer!

The game itself would be a casual empowerment experience, using the format of the game Party Hard (available on steam), where the player enters a level and is tasked with killing all targets in it without dying themselves in the process. The levels themselves - the geometry / platforms / general framework - are prebuilt. However the contents of the level are randomized and are spawned in randomly from a list or loot table for each time the level is loaded. The things that can be randomized are enemy types, hazards, objects, vehicles, decorations, obstacles. If possible, player's available weapons and powers are also randomized so the player will randomly have some weapons, but be missing others, so they need to focus and improvise with what they have. Some levels can also have pre-built elements that are central to it - part of its identity. The goal is to have a mix of both, so that there is a selection of identifiable levels, but they can surprise and be unusual. Imagine arenas sort of like in Robot Wars tv show, but more complex and utilizing the different elements of GKC, including gravity mechanics. There are flame pits, spikes, sawblades, explosives, crushers and more.

Ideally, the player would play the game in campaigns where they can - in any order - complete each level only once which then gets locked, until they finish them all and complete the campaign. Then they start a new campaign and go through all levels again in whatever order they want, but the randomization seed is different, so each campaign is unique and different. This structure would allow for progression an intro and an ending, which would feel meaningful.

2. Blame! Effect (wip name)
    I really love the japanese comic Blame! by Tsutomu Nihei, which depicts and far future world where an enourmous megastructure the size of a solar system has been built by mankind and they live in it. It suffered a massive calamity that turned it into a dystopia and cut off several parts from government controls that fell into chaos. The player is a special agent that works with the government to try to restore the situation and he is armed with an impossibly powerful nuclear pistol that can destroy anything with a powerful energy beam that goes through anything, including walls for the next 70 kilometers.

No one has made a game that provides this experience the Blame! comic has, especially the action and that gun that it has, so I'd like to make that.

The game would be a mix of Blame!'s universe - although renamed to avoid copyright - and Mass Effect, a game where you go to pre-constructed levels that have a quest that allows the player to solve it in three main ways; a) peacefully, b) by force, c) killing everyone involved. Each action has a consequence and will alter the ending and the fate of the future in the megastructure. Players will face hard situations and see how certain actions result in what outcomes.

The biggest challenge in this project building and keeping track of the quests, especially the quest flags and managing them to know which ending slides to show at the end of the game.

As for the action, GKC already has more than enough to make it cool and interesting. The only special thing I'd do that still would need to be tested are giant characters, like huge humanoid robots that may be 4-20x larger than the player, thought sr388 said its possible, so I have good hopes for this. This particular feature would make the game really stand out style and gameplay wise, as you'd be able to blast away enourmous characters with a nuclear beam pistol and watch those huge ragdolls fly far distances and collide with stuff.

These are both long-term projects that will require plenty of work, mostly in the area of level design and building assets. They also require stability in the form of complete documentation and a feature lock-down, since:

a) the new things being planned and developed currently for GKC are incredible, amazing and spectacular! They could alter gameplay flow significantly, which means anything I do now would get overshadowed by later released features that would have offered more variety or better ways to do things than what is available now.

b) updates are risky to do mid-project as the way I understood it, major updates may require recreating the player character from start all over again, meaning any development progress I do now may get completely reset if a really cool update comes out that I want to switch to.

For now I bought the asset as a way to support the active development of GKC and also let the author know what kind of project(s) I'm planning to make with it once it reaches a more stable state in terms of documentation and the current wave of awesome features. Keep up the great work man!

Peppo87 and sr388 like this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Hi @Reactorcore.

First of all, thanks for your purchase, support and your interest in the asset. I really appreciate to hear this kind of feedback :)

The upcoming update will increase a lot the current amount of possibilities and customization, with the addition of the new action system and ability system, one to create and add new actions to any character easily based on animations and the ability, which allows to include mechanics based actions as well, like throw a rock to make noise and call AI attention, use it for a power or ability, create cast spells, and much more and which can be actually combined with the action system, to use animations with it as well.

I really like your current approximation and structure of your game and very looking forward to see progress on it with the asset :) The first one remembers me to hitman games.

Definitively some really interesting elements that already gave me some ideas for future elements and mechanics that could be added to the asset.

Also, really like the concept of a game based on elements of blame, such as the crazy weapon of the character, which I am curious to how could be adapted to a game and how it would work and look.

Also, now that you mention it, a "karma" system is planned and with more conditions and check options, it will allow to be used for elements like the dialog, where any NPC could have a branch or dialog lines that can be only activated according to conditions, like your karma, stats like level, or strength, or magic, money, etc... and so the dialog answers or branches that the player activates, can affect to this karma, along with other decisions ingame the player makes, like killing NPCs for any reason, or destroy stuff, etc... Of course, the objective is to make a general system but powerful and customizable enough to allow as much freedom as possible.

About updates of the asset it self, yes, I am working on improve how easy the upgrade of the asset is with respect previous versions. It is planned to make a system to save, copy and paste the settings of a character to another
    through json, scriptable objects or other file system, to make easier to manage settings between different versions of the player/other character.

And of course, new documentation content and tutorial videos will arrive, as its flow will be back to regular once the new update 3.02f is sent to the store.

And yes, very cool to hear about the projects you want to use the asset, it helps to think what elements that are already on the asset could be used and what new elements would be useful to be added in next updates, to organize the roadmap in a more efficient way as I like to think that the asset evolves and add new elements in a very natural way (systems that are build around a main structure which allows to have a strong and solid fundation).

Thanks again for the support and looking forward to know more about your projects :)

Regards.

Reactorcore and Peppo87 like this.
  47. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

While working on the new demo scenes, I have improved a previous system which was already present on the asset (player options editor system), which allows to configure any setting ingame and in any menu, and with different types of fields, scrollbars, sliders, toogle, etc.... including to show text info, like amounts (like game volume, mouse sensitivity, actual value through text). Serialization has been also added, so the values configured ingame are saved/loaded between plays:

You can add any other field needed, like video settings. And here another example of the grappling hook system:

Regards.

Reactorcore, Peppo87 and hopeful like this.
  48. Reactorcore

Reactorcore

Thank you! :D

My intention is to make it fire a large, fast moving unstoppable invisible sphere mesh that goes through walls. During its travel, collisions with anything solid will create a physics force explosion, causing a lot of direct and collateral damage. The sphere will continue to travel a far distance until it expires after some time and deletes itself. Visually however, it would look like the gun fires a bright white beam of light, with large explosions happening whatever solid it goes through.

It will not create tunnels or holes like in the comic, but anything in the path of the "beam" will explode and be thrown violently away. One trick to emphasize the power will be to put large shattering objects / decorations around the level that are either distant background props or almost look like they're sections of the level's solid platforms.

Either way, the visual firing of this gun will look spectacular on its own, the shattering props will enhance it and the immense physics forces applied to characters and objects will make it very satisfying to fire every time.

Besides that gun, I'm intending to use the weapons system to create 2 other weapons; a laser blade that uses the cool mesh cutting feature you added recently and a highly customizable multirifle that can change ammunition, apply different attachments (like the grappling hook you added!) and be used as a multipurpose weapon for tactical purposes when I want to minimize collateral damage.

I'd also use the powers system to give some abilities for the player to manipulate gravity (pull, carry, throw) as an extra, but not all of them!

This would be amazing! Originally my idea is that each level's NPCs are far apart and unaware of NPCs in other levels - so consequences would only be told during specific checkpoints in the campaign or the ending - but with a karma system I could make NPCs react with happiness, anger or fear based on previous player choices and actions already in the game itself, rather than later.

If this will work reliably, that will give me a very safe feeling to work on the project earlier than having to wait for a later version if I know that anything I do now will cleanly carry over to the next update. :)

Q: I do have one question: Is there already an easy way to achieve gibbing in GKC?

(for example - when an NPC is killed or the NPC's corpse is further shot again at after it died, so that the body gets is deleted and in its place is a particle system is spawned that throws around meat chunks prefabs, blood particles and blood decals)

sr388 and Peppo87 like this.
  49. sr388

sr388

The beam and other weapons looks really cool. Yes, in the animation movie, that weapon looked really nice and overpowered haha. Really looking forward to see more.

About your question, not exactly like that, but the corpses have an option active by default to receive damage after death, so body parts can keep receiving damage (like the explode limbs example, which allows to "remove legs, head and arms, and create particles for blood and flesh). So that could be used for what you need, you can change the particle effects for yours to look better or different.

These particles are activated through the health component, in the weak spot list (it is a list to configure any amount of parts for a character body, including damage multipliers and other elements and to know exactly where that character/object is receiving damage exactly and what happens on that case.

Let me know if you try this or have some doubt.

Regards.

Reactorcore and Peppo87 like this.
  50. Reactorcore

Reactorcore

That will be good enough. Even if I can't figure out how to explode the body, having only all the limbs of a character explode spontaneously all at once would be a cool effect on its own, similar to Fallout 3. :D

Thank you.

sr388 likes this.