Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.0%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.1%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.5%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.6%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.4%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. neodotca

neodotca

Using the cheap but allowed animations as place holder is a good idea, you just need to replace them later by better ones.

Somebody knows why the asset store doesn't make sales anymore, it's hard to believe that a store would do that.

tgamorris76 likes this.
  2. Joker1980

Joker1980

sr388 since you will be working on the inventory system than i think i may find something else to work on such as a leveling system or something. A cool feature to add to the weapons since you are going to be working on the inventory system would be if you click on the weapon while it is in the inventory a display pops open where you can chose from different types of upgrades that you unlock while getting kills with that specific weapon. For example Destiny and Destiny 2 did this and it was a really nice system. However i am not a big fan of the game because who want's to play a game where the company makes the stuff you worked so hard for worthless with every single update they do.

3. sr388

sr388

I haven't thought about what certain vehicles will be added, but for example, forklift, tank, bicycle, helicopter, boats, haul track, a big ship which can contains other little vehicles, glider and any other that I could think or from suggestions.

Like other features, more and more vehicles will come in future updates, but the above could be a good selection for the next vehicles udpate. Do you have any other in mind?

About models, yeah, any help is welcome, feel free to tell me what would you like to make.

Yeah, it is a solution until I start to make my own animations or find other person that could make them.

About the sales, what do you mean? The asset store will make more sales, the last one ended like two months ago (8th december if I am not wrong). I imagine that some time will pass until the next one.

Yeah, the last doom does that too, improving the skills and stats of the weapon with kills missions with certain objectives or rules. It is a cool feature (which I really like), considere it added to the todo list.

Though, I think a separated menu for that upgrades could be better, maybe the same menu manager for the attachments system (but I want to make that the attachment can be edited in menu and in game, similar to how crysis saga did it, moving the weapon towards the player's view and configuring every part as you want).

crysis3-weapons.jpg
    Regards.

Wetw0rx, neodotca and tgamorris76 like this.
  4. Razmot

Razmot

Here are a few business / integration high level suggestions for you sr388

1-Inventory
    For the inventory I was gonna suggest you just integrate with the successful package "inventory pro" but after a bit of research, I see it's not been updated since august 2017 and it's going to be rewritten completely. So it makes sense to do your own thing, but please keep it simple, modular and decoupled so we can modify it - for example some designers (like me ;) want a diablo/deus-ex style inventory with pieces of equipment taking multiple inventory cells, but other games need a classic one piece / on slot system. Implementing and maintaining every possible use case would be a lot of work for you, so try to keep it simple and modifiable !

2-Quest and Dialogue system :
    For this I recommend going the integration way, using Dialogue System for Unity by Pixel Crushers - either providing the integration yourself, working with @TonyLi the author, or just removing this feature altogether from your roadmap !
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/11672 . There is quest machine too (standard and procedural dynamic quests) and love/hate (relationship / faction status AI) all by the same author and all integrated together - there is even an integration with EmeraldAI in the works.

These products are incredibly complete, well documented and pro, and @TonyLi is really a professional asset store publisher, very actively maintaining, supporting and providing integrations on his product since October 2013 !

and 3-Github
    You could put the source code on a private Github (private access to your customers only) to get some user made bugfixes / plugins / enhancements.

Cheers, thanks for all your efforts, 2.4 seems awesome !

sr388 and tgamorris76 like this.
  5. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Well i like the idea of a big ship(Aircraft carrier? or like a large space carrier?) that carries other vehicles. You remember that model i sent you, its scaled to be big enough to carry, either a truck sized vehicle(like a humvee maybe) or a hovercraft or a bike for instance or a combo of 2 of those maybe.
    Since most of the models you mention are generic and freely available on the net i would like to focus on more sci - fi oriented vehicles.
    so maybe, the obvious generic spaceship(like the model i sent you before)
    A space carrier on the subject of large ships carrying other vehicles... so something like a large dropship with room for say a coupla buggies, a hover vehicle that can carry some other passengers(like the mule from firefly?)basically a ship like the serenity from the tv show? and hovercraft, or a full blown space carrier with room for a bunch of fighters, maybe even a dropship with room for ground effect vehicles
    so, Hovercraft boards dropship which boards carrier which has room for more small space fighters :) with that as a foundation can add room towards bottom space carrier for tanks/hovertanks to debark when it lands so a boarding ramp somewhere toward the middle bottom.
    Personally i would really like to see such a combination of vehicles although for my game i don't intend to go much beyond the hovercraft/buggy boarding a small multrole dropship and the dropship lifting off :)

So will be making a dropship with room for 2-3 small vehicles like bike, hovercraft and buggy)

A small fighter with articulated canopy and ladder(animatable to fold away?) and landing gear with proper! housing for it

And a 3 deck space carrier, with a bottom hanger/barracks for ground vehicles and infantry, a middle hanger for space fighters and dropships to be tucked away in, a top hanger/runway deck(sealed away from the coldness of space) with a runway for fighters to take off and a few elevators for moving space fighters up to runway deck. And a bridge ad control deck above. (Could even be a decent level in its own right for ship boarding and combat actions :))

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Wetw0rx and sr388 like this.
  6. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Version 2.4 of GKC is already avaliable, insert doctor who oh yes meme here.

You are very right, I want to try to achieve that type of system. Also, for this update, the inventory has been remade in part and works much better now.

I will wait to see the new inventory pro and take a look at its forum to know more about it. I will send a message to the developer, to get an easier integration.

Yeah, these are really great assets. Definetively, I would like to integrate them at some point too.

Between the objectives of GKC, one is to use it as a way to learn more about videgames development, so I want to try to make these systems. All the same time, it would allow to have all these systems contained and working in the same asset, reducing the number of packages that would be necessary to purchase.

Of course, that doesn't mean that I don't want to integrate them, totally the opposite, and like you said with inventory, the best option would be to have GKC with its own versions of these systems, simple and modular (with improvements and new options in new updates), but at the same time, integreate the bigger options, like inventory pro, dialog system, etc...

That could be a very good idea. I will create a thread on the web forum of GKC (I need to work in the look of that web) for this.

Thanks for the suggestions, they are really good and pricelss for me.

Thanks for remind me the model that you made, I totally forgot it with the madness of the update (sorry for that). Don't worry, I have add to the todo list to check that model and it will be checked this weekend.

The ship that you said also sounds similar to the one that appears in the marvel avengers movies (maybe with a littler scale) with a similar structure and the possibility of have multiple types of vehicles (I always want to see firefly but I always leave it for another moment xd).

Yeah, sounds really cool, tell me any progress with it if you work on it.

Games like star citizen is also a good example for different types of ship.

I like the idea of sealed decks, maybe with a system if the ship is in space, with options to use artificial gravity and this is enabled or disabled according to the place inside of the ship, like in an opened deck, or if the player exits the ship (the effect in star citizen is really cool).

I can't wait to work on all of this, very excited.

Btw, the whole roadmap of the asset and the features for update 2.5 will be done soon.

Regards.

tgamorris76 likes this.
  7. ron-bohn

ron-bohn

Exactly. Frankenstein games are really hard to complete with different assets and version control and such. Those are great assets, and I use them on other projects, but I totally agree with Two Cubes' approach.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Wetw0rx and sr388 like this.
  8. MakeGames2

MakeGames2

sr388 and Razmot like this.
  9. Razmot

Razmot

I tried 2.4 and have some little problems:
    - created a new project on unity 2017.3.f3
    - Imported the taichi animations, I can see they are properly referenced in the animator controller in layer combat (punch_21 kick_23 etc, all good)
    - standard demo, combat is enabled, combat mode active (pressed H)
    - left mouse / right mouse do nothing.
    - in the demo rar you shared, it works.

- In third person, with a weapon drawn (pressed H to be in weapons mode, pressed Y to draw the pistol)
    - When not targeting, left mouse button does nothing (in editor or in demo) .
    I think it's by design (inspired by games who work like that) but it feels weird, I expected to shoot while running around without having to aim or go in first person (that would require an always_on crosshair as soon as the weapon is drawn)

I can't find how to disable the run on walls power - I would like to keep shift pressed just for running on the floor.
    I think you can quick fix that by having a "hold to run" button and a "press to enter jedi run on wall mode" button

Thanks

ron-bohn and sr388 like this.
  10. neodotca

neodotca

Hi hope you can add the "swim, climb, ladder, stairs..." for the next update 2.5.
    Invector and Opsive already have it. These animations can make a difference when someone is shopping for a controller.

What is the latest version of Unity that i can use with GKC?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  11. hopeful

hopeful

Pretty much the only difference between flight and swimming is that if you know you are in a water volume you trigger swimming motions instead of flight ones.

12. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Hi sr388, quick question.... with the map system how do i go about doing terrain?

13. sr388

sr388

Thanks for tell me your opinion, glad to hear that.

Precisely I was looking also for a good free source control solution, not only for this asset, but other aswell along with little projects. Thanks for tell me about it.

1- That is weird. A couple of users had troubles with the animator and import the asset again fixed that.

2- The left mouse should make the player to aim his weapon.

About that design, yeah it is done like that, for games like dead space, resident evil 4, etc... But I want to add a mode to shoot in camera direction when the player is not aiming, similar to uncharted series for example. This will be done in the update for weapons (this action was done in the game that I use as base for this asset, but I didn't like how it worked, but now I can done a better system for it).

3- That option is located in Other Powers inspector, one is to enable the run action and the other for the ability to walk on walls, disable that one:

upload_2018-2-3_20-11-41.png

I will check the asset store version of the asset in a new project to check if the other issues are caused by the new version or other reason. I will be back with the results, sorry for them.

Yeah, I had planned since some time ago the climb system. The player can already walk on stairs btw. The rest will be added as well, but not sure if all of them will be in 2.5 or not.

About the version, I haven't tested GKC in a newer version that 2017.1.0f3, but I will try new ones to check this (anyway, it should work in newer versions without problems).

Yeah, actually the system to make the player swim, the code, is easy to add. My problem are the animations, is the only element that I need to work in the asset to add more systems that could have be added already, but the lack of these animations is the reason for this.

I am thinking more and more to find some designer to make a new humanoid model for the asset and a few animations to be able to work on these systems. Need some reliable person for this.

Mmmm I didn't think about that, maybe the terrain itself, but for example, you could change the terrain layer for the one used for the map system, which is radar (I will change that name for a better one). Like that, the terrain will be shown in the map window below the current floor on it.

In other case, the terrain could be added as a map part itself, being its own floor, so it would be rendered as a separated floor.

Tell me what option would you prefer.

Regards.

tgamorris76 and Wetw0rx like this.
  14. hopeful

hopeful

If you just want to dash out a demo, you could duplicate the flying animations, call them swimming, and maybe add some bubble trail particles to help indicate swimming is occurring.

Well, bubbles for underwater, and splashes for when at the water's surface. ;)

Then if devs want, they can substitute the swimming animations they have collected from elsewhere. Possibly Mixamo has some.

sr388 likes this.
  15. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Awesome update!!! The fuel and collision options for vehicles is great.

Also, the new feel of the aircraft is amazing. Its a good platform for all types of fun scenarios now. Running out of fuel, crashing and just landing in general are more challenging, fun and can lead to all sorts of emergent gameplay situations. Switching the grabObjects button with the activateDevices button threw me off but I switched it back to the old way easily. On a controller, you might not notice but activateDevices was always E key on a keyboard so I was surprised when the character jumped out of the moving aircraft instead of rolling the craft right lol.

One weird thing though: On foot, if you take out a weapon then switch to another, the character used to put his current weapon away before drawing the next one. Now the character just draws the next weapon and the previous weapon is left floating in front of the player. Small kink in an otherwise very solid update.

I'm testing on the latest Unity release and it works perfectly without any issues. I noticed that this update is also remarkably error free. Its nice to open the project up and see a clean console window.

I gotta dive deeper into some of the other features (inventory, map, etc) but so far so good. I cant imagine how much work was put into all this. Thanks so much bro, you're a freaking grand wizard

16. sr388

sr388

Actually, there are no flying animations, it uses IK to move proceduraly the player limbs, but I understand what you mean.

I want to spend some time starting to work on humanoid animations and this will be soon. If this take too much time, I will search a person who can take care of this.

Yeah, even I haven't habituate to the change of keys of grab and use devices, the good part is that any of them can be changed.

Yeah, I noticed that issue, it is due to some coroutine that manages the IK positions which isn't stopped properly, but don't worry, it will be fixed ;)

Thanks for you feedback, really happy to know different opinions and test results.

Btw, I have been working a little on the AI for vehicles, for now I have a track with a waypoint system and the car is able to drive throught it, without need the player is inside the vehicle, for now, it doesn't need navmesh, but I want to add both options. Also, I have started to add the elements for the whole race system in the todo list.

Another element that I have added is a head track for the player (and any character), to look at any object that you need (it is not finished yet). So for example in games with a fixed camera, it will help to know if an object is important, like in resident evil or silent hill, but of course can be used in any view.

I will post gifs of these the next week.

Finally, @tgamorris76,I have seen your ship model (finally). It is really cool, if you want, I can tell you more about it by PM.

Regards.

tgamorris76 likes this.
  17. ron-bohn

ron-bohn

I was just going through the new update and it's getting a lot more polished. The new fuel system is sweet! I found some little things, most of which are not a big deal, but I made notes of them anyways: (1/3)

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      83.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      80.7 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      37.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      42.3 KB
      Views:
    sr388 likes this.
  18. ron-bohn

ron-bohn

(2/3)

Attached Files:

• 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      41.1 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      53.2 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      72.2 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      77.8 KB
      Views:
    sr388 likes this.
  19. ron-bohn

ron-bohn

(3/3)

Attached Files:

• 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      53.5 KB
      Views:
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      54.9 KB
      Views:
    sr388 likes this.
  20. sr388

sr388

Yeah, those are objects on rails, with the ability to grab objects in aim mode using the powers mode, those objects can be displaced in a fixed direction (similar to some puzzles in dead space). I will explain that better in the text close to them.

About the door with the code in the image 4, that code panel is configured to be used with the camera direction, so you need to set the view to first person and look to the key number that you need to use and press the left button of the mouse (similar to code panels in doom 3). The code panel can be configured to be used with the interaction button too.

About the decals, yeah, I am going to add a better function to parent these decals in the place where they impact, so like in this case, the decal will be place inside the door and it will move with it.

The text in those doors are due to the infamous copy and paste, but I didn't update the content of that text. I will change that too.

About the lasers, I will explain better how they work, it can be confusing a priori, but once that you have seen it, they are really easy.

And another consecuence of copy and paste without update the text in the action button xd.

Allow me to update the level with the proper text content and a better explanation in those that you have shown (and check the rest, just in case). Also, I will post a few gifs to show these features better.

Thanks for telling me, I haven't would noticed until some time later.

Regards.

ron-bohn likes this.
  21. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have updated the main post of the forum, adding the changelog and features of version 2.4, and modifying other content.

Also, I have update the roadmap for this year and for later updates:

These features will come in a few updates, instead of all of them just in once (more will be added to this list very problably). In a non particular order:

I have to organize it a little more and add new ones. This week I will post the feature list for update 2.5 which is already in process, and it will include the most voted element of the forum poll:

Dialog, quest, experience, save and unlocking skill systems

Finally, I will make a new poll, with new options for the update 2.6.

Btw, here a couple of gifs, with the head track system, which is totally finished.

The head track works in any surface, so no matter the current player's gravity. It has limit for vertical and horizontal angles, rotation smoothness, IK weight for head and upper body and options to check if there is elements between the object and the player, like a wall, other character, etc....Also, it gets the closest object to look, in case there are some of them.

head 1.gif

head 2 .gif

head 3.gif

head 5.gif

Regards.

22. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Quick question about home menu, i'm not sure where to define level that loads when you pres the new game button. Used to be just load scene and number. now i cant find it and first playable scene/level in my game is 2

23. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Man, that roadmap looks killer. The hardest working asset dev on Unity.

I'm loving 2.4 and the new documentation is really helping me expand my project.

Quick question: What would be the best way to apply a height limit to the aircraft? I'm thinking a collider trigger and a function to manipulate parameters and force the craft back down would be better than a hard invisible barrier. But what parameter of the vehicle controller would you recommend that I target?

Maybe I'm jumping the gun here. This might just be something to put on the list for the vehicle update. I know you've mentioned adding maneuvers to the aircraft and we've discussed changing parameters at runtime before,
    so this could probably wait. I was working on it so I thought I'd ask.

BTW the headtracking makes the character look so life-like.

sr388 likes this.
  24. sr388

sr388

In the version 2.3.8.a, there wasn't an option for this, but in 2.4 it has been added. In the Home Menu inspector (attached in the camera in the home menu scene), it can be configured, here:

upload_2018-2-6_17-56-39.png
    With the update 2.5 a more deep scene manager will be added, to work with the save system and game management.

No man can kill me.....

Thanks for telling me, it really makes me happy to know it :) The new doc will be update every week, that is a promise.

About the aircraft, mmmm I didn't think about an altitude limit, or even a limit zone, like a sphere or a box, like similar games where you can't move too far away from the main zone, making the ship to move backwards.

This could be done without need of colliders, but with a bound system. I am thinking as I write this message how could work, for example, if you exit this zone, the input is override and it would move the vehicle towards the center of the zone until is inside again, giving the control back to the player (according to the altitude, the input could make the ship rotate or move down or up).... that could work.

Yeah, added to the todo list ;)

EDIT: For the input override, the same system for the vehicle AI race can be used too.
    Actually, with the current AI for vehicles, the race system can be used with any type of flying vehicles too, so added to the todo list too.

Thanks, it is more and more close to get a silent hill 2-3-4 and code veronica game style, can't wait for it.

Regards.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    tgamorris76 and Wetw0rx like this.
  25. neodotca

neodotca

How to prevent "Emerald AI enemies" to pass through doors? My player is followed by an enemy, i expect that the enemy will also trigger the door, but instead, he passes through the door, enemy and door have colliders. How to fix that? thanks!

26. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

Wow, those are some ambitious goals! I assume you'll be rolling out the features slowly? I think you should group them and release them categorically. For example, rpg features in one update (inventory, stats, vault etc). Do you think having armor and things will be an update?

sr388 likes this.
  27. sr388

sr388

To make the doors able to open to enemies (or other elements), make sure to add their tags in the tag list of the door system inspector.

upload_2018-2-7_2-38-1.png

About enemies moving through doors, I don't know right now exactly how emerald moves its characters (if I remember, I think they use root motion), but they have collider and others colliders should stop them.

I will make a test and back asap to make sure.

Thanks men.

Yeah, that is the idea, that roadmap is not in order, but every update will be focused in big systems, like vehicles (new vehicles, race system, AI for auto drive, .....), weapons (more weapons, attachments, stats, skills, melee, dual, ....), AI (more behaviours, better actions, better navigation, ....), animations and actions (climb ledge, ladders, , roll, swimming, ...), game systems (new options and features for inventory, improved save system, mission/quest system, experience, scene manager....), etc...

And of course, even if the update is focused in one element, there could be improvements or little features and options added in general elements.

About the armor, yeah, I would like to add that type of things too, to change player stats, configure skill and similar (there is a lot of breath of the wild that I want to add, and one of that things is clothes).

Regards.

28. neodotca

neodotca

I don't see a tag list, i'm still using v2.3.8, i think it's only available with v2.4, right?

29. sr388

sr388

I am afraid so. But for example, you could drag and drop the doorSystem.cs and doorSystemEditor.cs from 2.4 into your project, to have that option (of course, make sure to make a security copy just in case).

30. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

LOL. Two Cubes, zero deaths!

Perfect. That's exactly what I mean.

Cool. The vehicle/race AI will be an exciting addition to say the least.

I'm gonna try the map generator today and see how that goes. I'm also interested in adding terrain to the map. I saw a prior post addressed it so I'll try that.

sr388 likes this.
  31. sr388

sr388

Oh yeah.

Cool, feel free to tell any though or result that you have.

Regards.

32. neodotca

neodotca

Ive been testing with Emerald "ranged" combat mode and i'm getting very mixed results, would it be possible to add a screenshot with default settings to the tutorial of GKC?

33. sr388

sr388

Sure, I couldn't make too much tests when I tried the integration (which most of them consisted in test the detection and the option to damage between characters of both assets), but further tests for the update 2.5 will be made to make sure everything works.

Regards.

34. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

I'm not sure, but if the map background was just the camera top down image i could trace over the features and add map points :) do i just delete the background texture or is it neccessary for other stuff... scale maybe?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  35. sr388

sr388

Do you mean to only use the terrain as the image rendered in the map window and use the icons, but not create any map floor tiles?

So, in that case the only map shown is the terrain? I think that it could be with the current system, only define a map floor and set the terrain inside the parent of that floor. Like that, the only floor to check is the terrrain itself, and it will be always rendered, there is no need to delete anything.

The bad part with this is that the rest of icons will be always visible in the map window, due to there is only one floor for all of them, but this is maybe like you need it.

I will add a few options to make easier to just use the terrain as main map.

I have planned a lot of improvements for the whole map system, for example to allow to create different group of buildings and streets (every of them with their own floors), so they can be easily built and changed.

Regards.

Wetw0rx and tgamorris76 like this.
  36. neodotca

neodotca

I asked the following question on the Emerald forum >>
    ----------------------------
    Question: What is the "Player Offset Y position" for GKC?
    I tried 2 different soldier models, use weapon for "Ranged Attack Transform", 1 soldier was shooting from the floor and the other from far left. I get bad results no matter what value I try. If someone Tested "Ranged Attack"with GKC, please give some feedback!

Answer: Actually Emerald uses "Player Y position offset" value to fire projectiles.
    This is very approximate and more aimed at hack n slash games with very distant game camera.

For your solider character you would need an empty new child object for the ranged weapon to get precise projectiles starting position. You could do it if you are experienced or ask this new option to be included in the plugin.
    -------------------------------
    I don't see why I should add an empty new child object, i hope you can can talk with the dev about this, thanks!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  37. sr388

sr388

Of course, like I said, I will make further tests to try the whole integration, for a better workflow together.

I haven't been able to make these tests yet, but they will be done for this udpate and asap.

Regards.

Wetw0rx and neodotca like this.
  38. 3DWizerd

3DWizerd

Found a bug, mouse scroll weapon no longer works, new project or updated project Unity 2017. Cheers!

39. sr388

sr388

I am not sure of understand totally what you said. Can you tell me more about it? Do you mean the control to change between weapons with mouse wheel?

Yeah, I noticed that issue, it was due to the option Change to next weapon when drop in Player Weapons Manager inspector configured as false. Doesn't seem related, but actually, they are xd.

This option needed a couple of checks in the code, but now it is solved.

upload_2018-2-10_0-1-1.png
    For now, set this option as true and the mouse wheel will change between weapons correctly (along with default keys O and P for next and previous weapons).

I will upload this little update as 2.4a tomorrow, with these fixes, a few more improvements, the head track system and the current state of AI for vehicles.

Regards.

40. neodotca

neodotca

I'm not trying to rush you, I just wanted to give you the result of my own tests so you can have a better idea of the issue. Regard

41. sr388

sr388

Oh no, don't get my wrong. I really like any feedback, no matter if it is a good or bad opinon (if they are constructive), suggestion, test result, ....anything ;)

I will try to make these tests with emerald this weekend and check if everything works without problem or find any issue.

Regards.

42. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Yes indeed, then i can trace over external Points of interest as the first layer... its mostly an open world game so doesnt make sense for me to do maps of such detail. there will be level's representing large complexes lat some points in the game(like an asteroid base i have planned) and then the current Map method will be fine.

43. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Hi sr388, when u say to place terrain inside floor parent. should i delete the map part game object that is created per floor also? tried placing it in the floor parent then did a search floors under character/map & icons... it didnt show. there is an option for floor model what is it for? i could render the terrain as a prefab and use that maybe?

44. sr388

sr388

To use the terrain, I have tested this in the standard scene and in a new one without map, just an empty floor and it works:
    • Add a new layer, Terrain for example.
    • Set that layer to the terrain.
    • Inside the Map System gameObject there is a camera, to render the tile meshes created with the map creator. In that camera, add the layer Terrain in the culling mask.
    • Make sure to create at least an empty floor, it doesn't need to have any map part.
    Like this, the, terrain is rendered in the camera, along with any other map element and floor.

map.gif

Tell me if you get this to work or not. Ignore the floor model, it has been removed. I was to use it for one element, but it is not useful.

Btw, I have the new update 2.4a almost ready, only need to create the demos, add some new info to the doc and a couple of things more. Tomorrow will be uploaded.

Once this update is ready, I will post the features planed for the udpate 2.5.

Regards.

45. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Worked brilliantly :), added most of my buildings to terrain layer and so i get the external view for those too.

46. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

hullo sr388, u seen that model?

47. sr388

sr388

Cool, thanks for telling me, I will add this process in the doc, so any who needs to use the terrain in the map can do it too.

Not yet, I have seen your message but I haven't the time for it yet (I want to check the model before answer you in the conversation). I am finishing the update for today. Almost there.

I will check the mode today and tell you about it ;)

Regards.

Wetw0rx and tgamorris76 like this.
  48. sr388

sr388

tgamorris76 likes this.
  49. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

The first video of the showcase for GKC is finished and uploaded. In this one, you can see all the devices. Here:

This is the first one of a total of 22 to show the whole asset, following this scheme:

upload_2018-2-12_22-31-35.png

I have almost ready the update, just need to configure the demos and upload them.

Also, for the next update, I will add UnityEvent for the elements who call functions from the inspector. This will simplify and make more intuitive the way to configure the call to functions for a lot of elements, like for example the used in the devices to unlock elements.

So instead of have this:

upload_2018-2-12_22-38-2.png

This will be used:

upload_2018-2-12_22-39-25.png

Regards.

50. sr388

sr388

Good news everyone.

Update 2.4a is finally finished and uploaded, so like always, in 2-3 days, it will be avaliable.

With this new version, the price will change from 35 to 40 dollars. This doesn't affect to those who already have the asset.

This update has been focused in make general improvements in some systems, make a couple of fixes, add the head track system and start to work in the AI for vehicles. Here the full changelog:
    • Configured tag names in inspector for sphere and moving elements in the gravity system for vehicles and player
    • Fixed controls to change to next or previous weapon. They didn’t work correctly with the option to don’t draw next weapon after drop the current
    • More elements added to the mansion demo, like head track, triggers to change between floors in all the necessary places, more save stations,…
    • Head track advanced gizmo to show range view
    • More options added in the map manager and locked camera system, like gizmos options for a easier use
    • Device string actions disabled when the message interaction is disabled
    • Message interaction can be used with interaction button enabled or disabled
    • Improved character creator auto weapon configuration and bones selection
    • Improved weapons management and fixed problems when player picked weapons from ground too quick
    • Rails mechanism improved and added function to call other objects once they are activated
    • More custom editor inspector added
    • Internal working of character creator improved and simplified
    • Projectiles scorch are attached on doors when they impact on them
    • If health or energy or fuel is infinite, the hud bars are disabled
    • Option to draw a weapon picked or just store it
    • AI for vehicles and race tracks system on version pre alpha (currently on process, but it can be tried already)
    And here the new demos:
    PC: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dp2afvh4xtksb43/GKC 2.4a PC demos.rar?dl=0
    APK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6d7x5k9jvztbtrj/GKC 2.4a APK Demos.rar?dl=0

So now, I will work in add more tutorials to the doc, make more videos for the showcase and keep working in the update 2.5, which will contain:
    • Dialog system
    • Quest/mission system
    • Experience and unlocking skill systems
    • Improved save system to serialize everything: inventory, weapons, map, checkpoints, save in any moment in the game
    • Full AI for vehicles and race system
    • Pool system for instantiated objects
    • More interaction elements like battery dispenser, fuse boxes, and more elements for puzzle
    • Projectiles will call enemy atention when they are fired and when they impact
    • New corridor demo
    • Faction system for AI
    • Show in the map the player noises, like steps, shoots, ...
    • Inventory improved to store weapons, ammo, heal, ....
    • Store in game to buy and sell objects
    • Top down camera
    • 2.5d camera system
    • Isometric camera
    • Point and click control system
    • And maybe some more...

I want to try to use less than two months for this new version, so in the worst of the cases, maybe some feature can be delayed for another udpate, to avoid any delay for 2.5.

Regards.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018