Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

70% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.7%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

29.8%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.3%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.3%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.2%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.8%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.8%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.2%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

@Altair44, I have seen that asset sometimes, but I haven't tried it. I have checked the description, but as far as I understand, the asset doesn't generate the planets in a procedural way, so it should be a regular mesh with a material/materials assigned.

Though the foot step system in GKC has two detection types, regular meshes and terrains. Only for terrain, a function is used to get the current texture on the place where player is and play the sound according to it. With regular meshes, the surface is considered the same for all that 3d mesh, as for now, there is not a function that detects the type of texture in a regular mesh (not sure 100% if this can be achieved).

Or maybe that asset has a system for the planet or a painting tool that allows to get the texture at any position of the planet. Or maybe the planets has some kind of terrain system, so in that case, it maybe has a function to get the current texture of a position.

Besides that, there shouldn't be any problem with both assets as it seems that is made to work with any kind of asset.

Thank you very much for your purchase @OldUnityNoob, very happy to hear that :) Don't hesitate to tell me any suggestion for the asset and any feedback is always welcome as it allows to improve the asset as much as possible.

Regards.

Altair44 likes this.
  2. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added an option to use the surface detection system to set to transparent the surfaces found between camera and player that was used previously in locked camera to use it on free camera as well. So objects with collider can use a new layer to being detected by this system and avoid the camera collision detection to place the camera outside of the view of that object, having all the other collisions totally active and working as any other type of regular collider.

more improvements new stuff 449.gif

more improvements new stuff 450.gif

Regards.

MorpheusXI, ron-bohn, Peppo87 and 3 others like this.
  3. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an ability system to allow to configure any list of abilities for the player, and the first two that I have made is a cloak/stealth system, to being 100% invisible to enemies and move the shield system to being a totally independent component. This system is made using a main class with virtual functions and each ability inherits from it, so that allows to override easily the main functions and create new abilities very easily, including options to trigger events.

This can be also combined with the action system to use animations with these abilities, so this will be part of the magic cast system. Like other similar systems, it will allow to unlock any of the configured abilities by any means, trigger, pickups, events, etc... and keep that info between games, including the ability to upgrade them as well.

So basically this system allows to assign a current ability and activate it with a button key just for these abilities and select the current ability in a typical wheel menu. Also, these abilities will be able to be configured as active (like in the videos) or passive.

In the gifs, the shield catches the projectiles and a part of the shield ability is to fire those projectiles back to their targets.

Regards.

4. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Is UMA and the armor system part of 3.03?

5. hopeful

hopeful

Just a note that a new version of UMA is in a stable, but not RC state on Github. It uses the Addressables system.

If GKC is going to test with or hookup to UMA, it would be best to use that version, I think.

sr388 likes this.
  6. ron-bohn

ron-bohn

In "Inventory System.unity" - Just noticed on your vendor demo, the "Disable Vendor Menu" game object / button does not work. Using 2017.4.33f1 LTS in editor. Things are looking great overall, btw!

edit: corrected unity version

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    sr388 likes this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Yes, UMA integration, melee combat system (including swords, shields and arrow/bows), armor/cloth system and crafting are the main elements that are going to be added on 3.03 (and some other improvements, not only for systems, but for workflow, including more wizards, a simpler management of elements, etc..., and new options and systems as well).

I see. So you mean to use the version from github then?

Last time I tried it, it worked properly, but let me take a look at that menu to make sure it is working properly. Thanks for telling me about it and for your words about the version.

Regards.

ron-bohn likes this.
  8. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

I would say use 2.8 if you can for UMA :)

sr388 likes this.
  9. hopeful

hopeful

Why go back to 2.8? UMA 2.9 is the current version in the store.

My assumption is that the version of UMA under development on Github right now will be out soon, and almost certainly before the new GKC comes out. So @sr388 should plan on using it.

I believe the correct version is: https://github.com/umasteeringgroup/UMA/releases/tag/v2.10.a3

It has a commit from an hour ago, so it seems to be the one being prepared for release. (A shader bug fix.)

The new version uses Addressables, which are pretty cool. In so doing, it finally clears up one of the problems with UMA that new users encounter, which is the long lull while the UMA global library loads on startup. Basically, the more clothing items you have in UMA, the longer it would take to load. And it would use a lot of memory too (holding those meshes and textures).

Now, using Addressables, there is no delay on startup, because the global library is able to hold just references, which loads pretty quick. Memory pressure is eased as well. Now, each slot and overlay UMA uses only loads when it is needed. So it's a big, wonderful step forward for users who plan on having large wardrobes. :)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Razmot and sr388 like this.
  10. sr388

sr388

I see. Cool, I will put that version URL in the text doc that I have for the todo elements of the melee combat system, to take a look at that version and, if there is no problem with it, use it as well for the UMA integration. Thanks for the advice @SickaGamer and @hopeful :)

The idea is to use the most stable and best version of UMA for the integration, so once I start to work on the melee system, I could ask to the UMA developer the best version to use for this process.

The Addressables sounds interesting (I almost forgot about it). I want to take a look at that system soon.

Regards.

EN_Games and SickaGamer like this.
  11. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been working more on the ability system and there are now two new abilities added, the teleport (which was previously part of the other powers component, but now it is in an independent script) and the gravity control can now be used as another ability.

This is made through a custom general ability component which hasn't any ability it self, but it has event options for different ways to be used, like activate events on press down, press up or press hold with delay times for them.
    So like the rest of abilities, the gravity control can be now managed with just one key (which is the same to activate the rest of abilities, since only one of them is active at a time).

This component allows to act as a bridge between any previous component and the ability system, to use any other feature as an ability. Here an example of using them:

Also, the gravity control was previously a little limited when using weapons or powers, but now, it can be used freely with them.

I have been also organizing the todo list for this middle update and some little elements here and there have been moved to the main update 3.03, so the current todo list is very short right now. This middle update 3.02 will be ready very soon. In a matter of days (I will try this week) a beta could be ready, so you can try the new elements before the final update arrives to the store.

Regards.

neoshaman, EN_Games, hopeful and 4 others like this.
  12. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added a new example to the ability system, this time, linking that ability (which is to push objects taking a position as center, like the player) with the action system, so the ability it self triggers a magic animation and with the delay option, the push objects function can be activate, to check and push any object found in the radius. So this pretty much allows the option to configure spell casting and similar actions through the ability system.

Particles could be configured for the ability too, using the events options.

Regards.

13. shininguri

shininguri

Amazing sr388. Just continuous quality. Your work ethic is scary lol.

sr388, EN_Games and hopeful like this.
  14. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Like I commented the other day, I have removed the limits of the use of the gravity control system while using weapons/powers, so the player can aim and use them at any moment while using the gravity control to select a direction to move or while moving to find a surface. Here some examples:

So now, even when the player is selecting a direction to move, floating in the air or moving toward a direction while searching a surface, he can use weapons/powers at any moment.

Regards.

15. osmani

osmani

Hi sr388. GReat Work until now, just it would be more super if you inform us if you are working on an online multiplayer with mirror or photon and if you have some success with it or you have abandoned making this asset an online multiplayer. Respect 4 the high amount of tremendous works on the asset until now.

sr388 likes this.
  16. sr388

sr388

Hi @osmani.

Thanks for your nice words, I appreciate them. And about online, of course the online multiplayer stills planned. That is one of the main objectives of the asset since it was started. I haven't had the chance to start the online system yet, but it is planned to arrive this year. I am just making some previous elements of the main todo list before moving to the online part.

The solution that will be used for it is mirror. I just need a little more of time before start with the online system and to learn more about it too.

Regards.

Jpbsilva, Brian-Ryer and osmani like this.
  17. osmani

osmani

Ur welcome sr388
    Glad to hear that . Of course, we don't hurry too and want to see a good polished GKC asset with all functional player & online multiplayer parts. The nice words are not just so thrown out from some regular Unity user, but earned from ur side. ...Continue with good and excellent work!

sr388 likes this.
  18. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

finish all of the RPG stuff and such and online would also sell this! Not that I am making a multi player game.

sr388 likes this.
  19. sr388

sr388

Thanks again to both @shininguri and @osmani for your comments, this kind of feedback really helps a lot to keep working harder and harder on the asset :D

Yeah, it is how is planned to be done ;)

Regards.

shininguri likes this.
  20. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added the option to use a hot bar for the ability system (though currently there is only 4 slots, but any number can be configured) and I have used the arrow keys to use it as hot keys for it (but any keys can be configured for that). I have also added a time text for the time limit of the ability and a second image on each ability slot to show that cool down time until the ability is available again. Finally, the ability on each slot of the hot bar can be configured in game, just by opening the ability wheel menu, select an ability and press the button that you want to use for it. Here an example:

Just very minor things to complete the ability system. Same for the action system, though on that I want to add some more examples, but they are actually very quick to configure, so that won't take too much time. The beta of 3.02f stills planned for this week, so I will tell here asap when is ready to share.

Regards.

21. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Another example of the action system combined with the ability system, to throw fire, including particles and a damage area component.

Same will be possible with other spell casts, like heal or refill other stat values with an area effect.

Regards.

22. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added a roll action which is configured through the action system, it can be used on any direction, taking the input as the roll direction. The action system can also change the player capsule scale, so for example, the player can pass below that obstacle (it has also the option of use the transparent surface on that object in certain, so when the object is between player and camera, it fades):

more improvements new stuff 477.gif

more improvements new stuff 479.gif

I will add also options to set temporal invulnerability so in actions like this, the player is able to avoid damage if it is customized like that. Probably the best way is using triggers in the animator state, so it is more accurate, something is already used in the close combat system to trigger events.

Regards.

23. Razmot

Razmot

Cool, I was gonna ask if the action system could be used to do a "crawl into vents" custom state, where the collider capsule needs to be rotated and/or scaled . it seems it's doable from what I understand of what you wrote about the roll action

hopeful and sr388 like this.
  24. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added two more examples of abilities which use the action system to play animations, in this case, two more spell casts, one to electrocute with electricity (sending a remote event option to activate character's ragdolls) and other to place a fixed position heal area, in form of rain, healing anything inside that area (in this case, the are is placed in the player's position but it is not moved from there, but the options allows to make that area to follow the player if you prefer or for other ability).

I have also improved head track management, now it is smoothly enabled/disabled according to the situation and also, the use of menus or devices doesn’t deactivate the head track of the player like happened previously (you can check how that looks in the current update in the store).

Finally, I have been improving the aspect and organization of all player components inspector which don't use a custom editor, including heading and spaces between each different group of fields, to make easier to find each setting. They have now a similar aspect to this type of organization:

upload_2020-1-30_2-38-13.png
    Yes, it could be used for that kind of actions as well. The action allows to configure an option to use movement input during an action, like the walk on cliff example. I want to configure some example of crawling action too, not sure if for this upcoming update or next one.

Regards.

25. egem2015

egem2015

Hi Santi,

How are you? i hope everything is going well.

I want to make a request from you.

i have almost every shooting or controller asset in the store.

But you are all( sellers who selling this kind of assets) doing something wrong.

ok you are providing good asset and all of them are doing many things.

But you are all missing something.

Some possible buyers are not knowing anything about unity and

if you buy yor assets they must do all of things such as an character shop and level select.

i know this is not your asset scope but i know some people give up to buy all of them.

Because even if a possible buyer buy other level selection or character shop asset. Integration part will be a headache.

I know it because i bought so many things from asset store and i am in this business so many years.

My suggestion is to provide these features if you want to your asset to reach to more people.

If your asset provides example three characters shop such as buy or select feature and 3 level selection.

you will see what i mean.

Because Knowing people may be already buy your assets but others.

this is a suggestion as your friend. i know you are a skilled developer and person.

King regards.

Best wishes.

26. sr388

sr388

Hi @egem2015.

Thanks for your interest in the asset. I am not sure what you mean exactly with character shop. Maybe a screen to select a character to play before start the game or a level?

In that case, that is planned to be added along with the level selection menu. Both elements will arrive soon in the current 3.0 updates series.

Regards.

MorpheusXI and egem2015 like this.
  27. egem2015

egem2015

Yes i meant excatly same thing. Before level start player will select or buy a character and player will select a level from a level selection menu with lock system.

King Regards.

sr388 likes this.
  28. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here the last ability that I will add for the current update. It is used to "invoke" a meteor/missile from the air. It uses collision detection on the particle system to check when impacts on an object and activate the explosion (though the detection of the particles on unity don't seem to be 100% accurate, will tweak the values a little bit).

Also, I have been making some more improvements in the code, to remove some references of some components from some scripts, making everything more independent and light and making some other tasks of the todo list, which is almost complete.

Regards.

Altair44, MorpheusXI, magique and 6 others like this.
  29. hopeful

hopeful

I don't mean to distract, but it seems like you should add a camera shake to that. :)

sr388 and shininguri like this.
  30. Peppo87

Peppo87

Hi Santi,
    is on the list a function of throwing objects (such as rocks, grenades etc.) to distract or kill enemies with relative parabola in order to take aim? I saw that there is the possibility with a particular weapon selected but not with "bare hands"!

Regards.

sr388 likes this.
  31. sr388

sr388

Do you mean like this?

I forgot to add the external camera shake system to be triggered by the ability on the explosion (just like the one used on the explosive barrels), but here you can see how the complete setting would look like.

Yes, the AI can hear and in fact, I improved this noise/hear detection on AI yesterday, including also how this is managed on AI with a patrol. When it detects a noise while moving through a patrol, the AI will check the noise position and be there for a certain amount of time. If no target is found (configurable in inspector), it will resume the patrol, going to the closest patrol point and keep on the regular patrol state. Here some examples:

The weapon has a silencer equipped, so the AI only hears the projectile impact not the fire it self.

And yes, with this ability/action system that has been added in the upcoming update, I am going to add a throw object ability, similar to some games where you can throw stones with a parable, to distract enemies, similar to this:

The parable/trajectory calculation and render is already present on the asset, so the action will be used for the player to throw the objects with its bare hands as well. I will try to add this ability example in this upcoming update.

Regards.

32. sr388

sr388

Oh, I forgot to say, that with the new ability/action system, assets like this will be very easy to set up in the player, including its animations, particles and sounds:

This ability/action system is not only made for spell cast or magic, it can be used for more regular things, like the throw stone to distract enemies and any similar actions ingame that @Peppo87 mentioned above.

I have also added an option to configure a default camera reticle in case there are no more reticles active in that moment (from elements like weapons, powers, etc…). You can see that reticle in the above gifs and it has options to use it separately only on third person, or first person or both.

Regards.

Mark_01, MorpheusXI, Peppo87 and 6 others like this.
  33. Mr_squiggle

Mr_squiggle

Loving the updates. Gonna try to make some test spells with the new action ability system soon. Was wondering if you're going to add any new enemy ai in the future i.e. (melee enemies, enemies that are slow and have charge attacks etc etc).

hopeful and sr388 like this.
  34. sr388

sr388

Thanks @Mr_squiggle, very happy to hear that. Yes, once the melee combat system is added, it will be automatically usable in the humanoid AI, since both player and rest of characters use the same components. The only part needed is the brain, so the AI can use it, which will be added too. All of that will be present in the update 3.03, which is the one that will be started once the upcoming 3.02f is complete.

I have been also making performance and code improvements on it today, to make the code more efficient, light, simple and better, using less resources and unnecessary checks.

Regards.

JRD and hopeful like this.
  35. Peppo87

Peppo87

Thanks! ^_^

sr388 likes this.
  36. Razmot

Razmot

What's the current status of climbing ? I vaguely remember some "breath of the wild" style stamina thing

sr388 likes this.
  37. sr388

sr388

The climb system (the one with the breath of the wild style) is planned to be added between 3.03 (which is the next main update which will be started as soon as the upcoming 3.02f is ready) and 3.04.

And yes, like the one in breath of the wild, there will be options to use any stat on the player, like the stamina while climbing.

The current action and ability system have been a really big help to learn more about animator, animations and how manage its different elements, which will boost the work on the melee system, the climb system too and all similar system which requires of animations and actions to work.

After that, another climb system will be added, taking inspiration from assassins creed games, around version 3.05, which will include the cover system for all humanoid characters in GKC.

Regards.

Mark_01, Altair44 and Peppo87 like this.
  38. ellisthemiracle

ellisthemiracle

Hey, there's a dash system included in the asset, I tried it out but can seem to work as I wanted.
    Is it possible to make the dash system like the one in DBZ Kakarot:

I want the player to dash like this with and without airborne and also be able to control the direction, is it achievable?

With thanks.

sr388 likes this.
  39. sr388

sr388

Do you mean the fly system? Yes, there is one in the asset, but it has been disabled temporally due to I want to improve its looks and the way it works. Basically, I want to revamp the whole fly system to make it much better (very similar to the video you put) and the same would be applied to the jetpack system, including a more dynamic movement and an improved IK system for it.

The jetpack system will allow to use weapons and powers when active, similar to the zero gravity or the free floating mode.

Both improvements are planned for 3.03.

Regards.

40. ellisthemiracle

ellisthemiracle

In this current version, is it possible to dash while on the ground?

41. sr388

sr388

Not sure if we have the same concept of dash. Maybe you mean a dodge or roll action?

In that case, yes, there is a roll example configured in the action system, you can see it a few post above in this same page of the forum: https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...-02e-rpg-elements.351456/page-74#post-5417772

If you mean other kind of movement, please, tell me more about it (a video would help to get a better idea). But I am sure it can be configured through the new action system, same used for the roll.

Regards.

42. helgarddebarros

helgarddebarros

Hi,

There are a few things I want in my game, and I am not sure if it will be best to code them myself or to suggest them as additions to the system. In my last game I made a lot of adjustments to the character controller from another vendor, like adding shields, and every time he updated his product, either my adjustments broke, or his updates didn't work as planned.

So in my game my player needs the ability to hold an object in his left hand (will explain the objects), and fire the pistol with his right hand while holding the object in the left hand. Naturally accuracy will be lower when fired one handed than with two hands.

The objects in his left hand will be things like a binoculars, and when the player pushes a button, like B, then he will use the binoculars, be able to zoom with the mouse wheel, and switch on night vision. It will also have a range finder.

The other object will be a motion tracker, I have made one that works like the one in the movie Aliens 2, similar to the one in the picture. He will walk through caves or corridors with this in front of him in his left hand, visible in first person view, but be able to shoot with his right hand while holding it.

As you can see, it wouldn't make sense to keep changing from pistol to object. This could also be used to hold other objects in the left hand, like in a police game to show a badge, or to hold a flashlight, or a tool or key card.

Attached Files:

sr388 likes this.
  43. ellisthemiracle

ellisthemiracle

It's like the airdash included in the package, but instead of dashing in the air, I want the player to dash when on the ground, like this part of this video:

With thanks.

MorpheusXI and sr388 like this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Hi @helgarddebarros.

Yeah, absolutely, the dual weapon system allows to do pretty much all what you say in the post. The player weapon system allows to use any kind of weapon, but also to add new behaviors very easily. This new behavior basically allows to add any kind of tool, taking the input of what would be the regular weapon and use it for the tool.

This can be already seen in the asset with the flashlight, the smartphone, the gravity gun, etc.... They are configured using this weapon and behavior system and any other kind of tool, like your binocular or the motion tracker can be added as well very easily (though events, you can use the input on weapons to call functions of your tools scripts, like turn on/off, activate secondary uses, etc...).

And with it, the dual weapon system can be used to select what to carry on each weapon in real time (similar to wolfenstein games, where you select each hand slot or by dropping the weapon inventory icons to the main slots).

You can carry any combination of too weapons, weapon-tool, two tools, either on right or left hand as needed. Here an example of how this selection and carrying of weapon-tool looks:

Each positions for each side for each weapon/tool can be customized easily. Let me know if your opinion.

Regards.

Altair44 and helgarddebarros like this.
  45. sr388

sr388

Ah, yes, that kind of movement is planned too. It would be like the dash in ground that is already present in the asset, but in third person as well (it wasn't added previously due to the lack of animation). But for update 3.03, melee combat will be added, and with it, new animations will arrive to the asset, including this kind of movements, configured through the new action system.

Regards.

46. ellisthemiracle

ellisthemiracle

Nice, thanks for your reply.
    Do you have an estimated time for the release date of this update 3.03 ??

sr388 likes this.
  47. sr388

sr388

No problem, glad to solve any doubt or question :) About the time, main updates used to take about 1-2 months each one. Once the upcoming 3.02f is sent to the store (which will be very soon, as I am finishing the polishing and last elements ), I will start with 3.03, showing progress here and in the discord channel as usual.

Regards.

48. ellisthemiracle

ellisthemiracle

Looking forward to the update. Thank you for the answer :D

sr388 likes this.
  49. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have improved the touch controls for the joysticks, including a better system to check if the touch zone of each joystick is being pressed, using now an actual recttransform to configure this touch zone. This allows an easier and faster configuration and a properly adjusting to any resolution, since it is managed directly by the UI system, making this part automatically.

more improvements new stuff 498.gif

In the gifs, you can see an example of how looks, showing the touch zone panel, and with the example of the current touchpad option, for example, for the camera, so any press inside this touch zone, can activate the movement or camera input.

more improvements new stuff 499.gif

And I have also improved the management of the cursor limit on screen when a gamepad is being used and the menu pause or any other ingame menu is used and activates the movement of the PC cursor through the mouse. Now the limits of the screen size is calculated properly, no matter the resolution of the screen and in both, editor and build. The cursor position is also reset properly when any of these menus is opened, setting the cursor in the center of the screen.

more improvements new stuff 497.gif

Regards.

Altair44, xDeveloper, Peppo87 and 2 others like this.
  50. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have moved the code part that manages the action panels to a separated script (before it was in player input manager) and I have added action panels to the player modes (those configured in the player states manager) to show basic/main input actions, for the modes of weapons, powers, combat and simple mode, so you can have an action panel active by default to show main input for the current actions available (the gif resolution is not good enough, but it helps to get the idea):

more improvements new stuff 502.gif

Of course that aspect can be totally customized, to put each action panel on any location of the screen and with any style/size and also, you can see how it is managed properly when changing to other panels, like vehicles or the photo mode:

more improvements new stuff 506.gif

In the update 3.03, I will add the part to take the current input keys to be shown in each action, so even if the player rebinds any input, that will be shown in these actions and including the gamepad buttons icons, so instead of keyboard keys, it will show the icons of the gamepad, like x, y, a, b, left trigger, start, select, etc....

It is similar to how some games put input of certain actions always in the screen:

1566566426_666957_1566566510_noticia_normal.jpg

Regards.