Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

29.9%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.1%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.1%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.7%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. catchmani

catchmani

Yep.. that's cool.. will be looking forward for the updates.

Cheers to your wonderful work.. happy new year :)

sr388 likes this.
  2. DJ_JW

DJ_JW

@sr388 I purchased GKC yesterday for a new project we are starting and I want to start by saying this is an amazing amount of work for one person and I think this could well be the best controller on the asset store.

All previous work we had done was with Invector but with your obvious dedication and amazing rate at which you release updates and improvements, we are very excited to be moving to GKC..

I spent most of yesterday following your tutorials and reading the entire documentation but there is one question I have regarding inital project / character setup.

I see that using the Character Wizard you end up with a character with an enourmous number of components and features, a very large number of which our project wouldn't need for a player character.

Is there a way to setup a minimalistic character and add the features we want as we develop?
    For example, create a character that has basic movement function, add wall IK but have no weapons etc...

Due to how huge your system is, it seems a difficult process to go through a character created with the wizard and "remove" what isn't needed as opposed to adding what is. (maybe later add an option on the character wizard for "Basic Character" that only has the bare essentials.)

Anyway, keep up the amazig work, we will be looking to support you on Pateon as well, if this kit works out for us you will have saved us 1000's of hours in work.

Let me know your thoughts on creating a base character and we will give it a go.

Thanks and have a great day.

sr388 likes this.
  3. sr388

sr388

Oh yeah. Happy new year to you too.

Hi @DJ_JW.

Thanks for your interest in the asset and for your purchase. And of course, for your kind words about the asset, it means a lot for me to know that kind of opinion from others users :)

Yes, a new character creator wizard is planned to be added for the current update 3.03 (I am making some middle updates between 3.02 and 3.03, for some improvements and preparations for 3.03).

It will work exactly like that, similar to the features manager component, it will allow to select the initial setting of a new character/player from the beginning, with the most important settings available to select and configure at the creation of that new character/player.

In the update 3.03 there will be also multiple player prefabs with different styles and customization, from more simple versions (like the one you said, without weapons, powers, etc...) to more complete, like the previous one.

The character creator, for the case of the player, it will have also a selection menu to select the type of genre for your game and configure some settings on the player for it, along with setting a camera according to the type of view (third person, first person, locked, fixed, top down, etc...).

So all those options will be included in the character creator wizard, allowing more options right on the beginning.

In this same update, other wizards will be added, to make more automatic the replacement of meshes for weapons and vehicles, making these process even faster, with just a couple of clicks.

In the meantime, tomorrow (or other day, no problem on it), you can tell me what elements would you need on the game and I can also show you what components can be directly disabled or removed for this. I am going to include on the doc all the non vital scripts from the player that are totally independent and can be removed without problem.

I can check that with you through discord as a faster way to talk than through messages. I will send you a PM.

Let me know what you think.

Finally, thanks for considering the further support on patreon, it really means a world for me and helps a lot :)

Regards.

drcfrx, Peppo87 and hopeful like this.
  4. DJ_JW

DJ_JW

@sr388 thanks for the speedy response.
    I will jump on discord to discuss the basics of the character I need.

Keep up the great work!

sr388 likes this.
  5. Casanuda

Casanuda

Hi there,

Purchased your asset and it seems great so far.

Trying to set it up to use my PS4 controller and am having a hard time mapping the (unity) input manager to yours.
    The input manager has fire1, fire2, etc where your configuration has different names. Could you help me with the mapping please.

A = ?
    B = ?
    X = ?
    Y = ?
    LeftBumper = ?
    RightBumper = ?
    Back = ?
    Start = ?
    LeftStickClick = ?
    RightStickClick = ?
    LeftDPadX = ?
    RightDPadX = ?
    TopDPadY = ?
    BottomDPadY = ?
    LeftTrigger = ?
    RightTrigger = ?

Thanks
    Cas

6. sr388

sr388

Hi @Casanuda.

Sorry for the time to reply, I saw the notification when you sent it but hadn't the chance to answer.

Thanks for your purchase and interest in the asset :)

About the ps4 gamepad, yes, I got that gamepad some time ago and saw that the input that manages the gamepad on GKC has some addition to handle properly a ps4 gamepad, as I think that type of gamepad requires some different settings that the one working out of the box with xbox controllers (I think that the axis for movement and camera are different in both gamepads for example).

I have to in the todo list to try better the ps4 gamepad in the asset and make any addition needed to work out of the box as well.

In the asset, there is a class called JoystickData, which has the button types configured for the xbox gamepad input as default, with this scheme:

upload_2019-12-28_23-34-3.png
    So it will be a matter of make this setting public and allow to configure different schemes and assign it to the gamepad according to the type of controller detected (xbox, ps4, etc...), which is what I have planned to do. Not sure 100% yet if some extra setting could be necessary in the input manager of unity.

Regards.

7. blacksun666

blacksun666

@sr388 wish GKC worked with/integrated with rewired, instant support for 100s of controllers across multiple platforms and support for multiple concurrent controllers all pretty much plug and play (almost).

8. sr388

sr388

I want to add rewired to the integration list for a future update.

Regards.

Havok_ZA and blacksun666 like this.
  9. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have improved the management of vehicle parts when this is destroyed, having a better performance, making the code simpler and faster and removing some unnecessary checks on that part (once a vehicle is destroyed), including also options to configure certain vehicle parts as the main "pieces" to be used for the destroyed state.

This is similar to games like GTA and others where the main chassis and the rest of elements like doors, wheels and other parts are separated from each others (another option also allows to don't remove or fade these vehicle pieces if your prefer that instead of removing or fading these elements).

more improvements new stuff 409.gif

more improvements new stuff 411.gif

more improvements new stuff 412.gif

Also, the collisions between passengers inside the vehicle, their ragdolls and the vehicle part colliders is managed better now, toggling between ignore collision to true or false according to the situation.

more improvements new stuff 413.gif

more improvements new stuff 415.gif

Regards.

MorpheusXI, tgamorris76 and EN_Games like this.
  10. Casanuda

Casanuda

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have got it running with no modifications using DS4Windows app.

Thanks
    Cas

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    sr388 likes this.
  11. f1chris

f1chris

Hola @sr388 ,

just bought your asset today and really excited to start playing with all those neat features.

I'm planning to move my project from another 3rd person controller to this one. Only thing so far is I really like Rewired and looking forward to see how i can integrate it with GKC !!!

Chris

SickaGames1 and sr388 like this.
  12. sr388

sr388

Cool, happy to hear that.

Thanks @f1chris for your purchase and interest in the asset, it is very appreciated :). And yes, rewired is already on the list for planned integrations.

Regards.

f1chris likes this.
  13. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an option in the health to avoid to show the health bar above objects by default and include events on the lock on target system to configure remote events to trigger (which is used for objects which are not connected between each other, so instead of use events, it uses the remote event system).

more improvements new stuff 417.gif

more improvements new stuff 418.gif

So one of those remote events can be configured to show and hide these health bars, activating the bar on the current target locked by the player, similar to games like dark souls, instead of showing all the health bars of at the enemies visible on screen at the same time.

Regards.

14. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been working in the wizard for the vehicle creator and it is almost done, here you can see a preview of how it looks, it will allow to configure any vehicle part easily, no matter the vehicle type (the text is a little blurry in the gif, but you get the idea haha):

more improvements new stuff 419.gif

Also, if for any reason I don't post anything here before the end of the year, happy new year to all of you people. 2020 is going to be even a better year :D

Regards.

MorpheusXI, Altair44, JRD and 4 others like this.
  15. SDPlissken

SDPlissken

Hello, I'm having difficulty getting the menu system to work properly on an Xbox - specifically a dll error occurs when trying to access the Pause and Inventory screens.

Some background -- I'm running Unity 2019.1.12f. In Build settings I build the test as Universal Windows Platform (.Net4Equiv Il2cpp). I then build an app package in Visual Studio. Then use Xbox Device Portal to transfer the app package to the Xbox. The Xbox is in dev mode using the free dev activator in the microsoft store.

The test opens fine and movement-wise, everything seems good with the Xbox controller. However, when I hit the button to go to the Pause or Inventory menus, the Xbox displays an error for "user32.dll":

Error:
    Failed to load "user32.dll"with error "Operation has failed with error 0x71f: The specified procedure could not be found.

Which leads to another error:
    DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'user32.dll': The specific module could not be found)

We believe it is the 'mouse movement' that is causing the issue as this dll references mouse position on those menus in the Game Kit code. So the mouse in the menus doesn't work and gives the user32.dll error.

I attempted to resolve by placing the 64bit user32.dll (from windows/system32 folder) in the Assets/Plugins/x64 folder. Unity recognized this and imported it in as a native dll. Selecting it in Assets exposes a panel where the dll can be configured for UWP, x64 etc.

However, this gives the 0x71f error above. Placing the 32bit version of the file just causes the xbox to error saying it requires x64 architecture.

Has anyone else got the Game Kit controller to work on an Xbox and if so how did you overcome the user32.dll menu/mouse issue?

Thanks in advance.

16. sr388

sr388

@snakepliskin2000 I think this must be caused for the current way the mouse cursor is managed when using a gamepad, which uses the code: [DllImport ("user32.dll")], to being able to move the mouse with the joystick of the gamepad.

This is very probably the cause and I think a solution would be to comment that couple of lines in the script mouseCursorController. You can replace that script with this version (remember to place it on the same folder) and set the field useMouseCursorEnabled to false.

Mouse cursor controller script

Once that is done, it will be a matter of configure the navigation options in the UI to move through the menu elements, since the mouse cursor won't be used by the gamepad.
    Let me know your results.

And if someone here has used already GKC on xbox, let use know about your experience with it (I haven't a xbox to being able to make tests).

Regards.

17. sr388

sr388

Happy new year everyone!

I have added a new shader for the detection of surface between player and the camera for the locked view and you can see here the result (the previous transparent option can be used instead of this one if you prefer it).

Here you can see its aspect in the editor, so the size of the mask can be customized with offsets as well.

more improvements new stuff 421.gif

I will complete the wizard for the vehicle creator and for the weapon creator as well to have ready a new middle update of 3.02 in the next days.

Regards.

MorpheusXI and EN_Games like this.
  18. f1chris

f1chris

That’s cool your new shader. I tested GKC with 2019.3 and URP. Found a few issues, mostly with some shaders like the Outlined one not working under URP. May be same case with this one.

2019.3 official release is imminent and URP will be obviously the way Unity is going, are you planning soon to have a look at it and make it compatible ?

Thx
    Chris

sr388 likes this.
  19. sr388

sr388

@f1chris, of course, now that the finally have gathered the render system into one, URP will be tested on GKC to make it totally compatible out of the box.

And about some current custom shaders, like the outline, transparent and any other custom used, it will be probably a matter of configure a custom shader on the shader graph (which I guess it works with URP) similar to the result you would like for the outline or the transparent or any other and assign that new shader in the inspector field where they are used.

Regards.

20. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here more progress on the vehicle creator wizard. It is almost complete (just a couple more of checks and a few more options to included in the wizard it self and it will be totally ready). Of course, it will be used for any kind of vehicle (not only the car, but all of them, since the system is not dependent of any current vehicle and allows to define the different list of parts on each vehicle):

Here a capture of mostly the final aspect, including now the settings part, which can be configured at will on each vehicle.

vehicle creator.PNG
    And here how the component looks in the vehicle, so the list of parts and settings shown in the above window are configured in this component, setting the vehicle parts and any list of settings without limit. Like that, the creator wizard read those lists and show them:

vehicle creator 2.PNG

vehicle creator3.PNG

Regards.

MorpheusXI, Altair44, Adrad and 2 others like this.
  21. JRD

JRD

Hi TwoCubes Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I never knew it would be that easy!! I was able to get it to work using your directions above!! :) When using the the Jetpack when pressing the spacebar sound is on! When not using the Jet pack my Player can jump when i press the spacebar!! :) Thanks again!!!!

Here is a screenshot if anyone needs to know how.

Attached Files:

sr388 and hopeful like this.
  22. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been working today in the action system (to trigger animations for the player on any place of the level, matching the animation with a position/rotation and with some conditions, delays, events and other options) and it almost complete, just need to add a few options and configure a few more examples, but there is already an example pressing a button in the level (a physical button pressed by the character I mean) and the system is very complete and customizable.

I think it will allow to configure a lot of different actions, and will add others like vault, pick objects, open chests, and will be usable by direct input from the player, no only for fixed places in the level, so it will allow to trigger animations in any moment and it will allow to configure a lot of actions without a single line of code, so I am very excited to keep improving this system, it opens a lot of possibilities.

Very happy to hear that @JRD and very glad to help :) I take the opportunity to tell to the rest of people and like you already know, that the jetpack system will be revamped for 3.03, making it much better, with a better IK system (using the same system used for the zero gravity and free floating mode) and adding the possibility of use weapons and powers with the jetpack at the same time like in the other previous modes. That IK system will have some improvements as well.

Regards.

xDeveloper, EN_Games and JRD like this.
  23. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here the first example of the action system. It is the first one, so there is room to make tweaks on the current settings to make it more natural. I will add also a function to make the player to move to a certain position automatically instead of the typical "magnet" way is used in most games. There are also other options like a event list with different delays, so you can trigger a group of events, each one with a certain delay, which can be accumulative (wait 3 seconds, then 2, then 4,....) or each value is checked with a main timer (like previous values but instead of 9 seconds, it would be 4, as the other events happens inside that range):

The events can be used for stuff like play animations in elements on the level, like the red button, activate the change player states for things like make the camera to look toward a certain direction, etc...

In this other example, the camera looks toward a fixed position:

And here the only part needed in the animator, so the shown in the video is made all through that component, 0 code needed.

inspector 2.PNG inspector3.PNG

Regards-

Altair44, EN_Games and Peppo87 like this.
  24. neoshaman

neoshaman

Matching animation is the missing piece for entering vehicles! I hope it's cancelable through movements away or past the snapping point tolerance!

sr388 likes this.
  25. magique

magique

Awesome feature. Does this work for any objects, including trees?

sr388 likes this.
  26. sr388

sr388

Yes, this system will be able to manage the entering-exiting vehicle animation. And yes, there is an option to cancel the action due to input.

it should be able to manage stealth kills too. I will configure an example of that asap.

I was to answer the question until I remembered that I have talked with you about this. For any other with the same question, yes, it can be used with trees and any view, with locked or free camera.

Regards.

Peppo87, SickaGames1 and magique like this.
  27. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been working more in the action system, for some improvements and to complete it. Some new options allow the player to move to a certain position at the beginning or at the end of the action by it self. It will include also an option to after reach a certain position, to rotate toward a direction, in case it is needed that the player faces a certain direction at the beginning or at the end of the action. Here an example, using a chair to seat:

more improvements new stuff 426.gif

more improvements new stuff 427.gif

In this example, there are three actions configured in the same action component (it allows to chain any number of actions in a list). so the first is the sit action, then the idle and then, the get up. the idle has the option to wait the input of the player in order to trigger the next action (get up). And get up has the option to make the player to move to a certain position by walking (in this case, just a little ahead of the chair), so that movement he makes in the end of the gif is made automatically.

I am in the middle of configure another example with opening, enter and closing a door. I will show that tomorrow.

Regards.

hopeful, Peppo87 and SickaGames1 like this.
  28. Razmot

Razmot

Did you notice the crazy neck movement in the first gif , before sitting on the chair ?

29. sr388

sr388

Yes, it will be a matter of make some tweaks in the head track system to make a smoother movement in that situation. I will apply that for the current update :)

Regards.

30. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

More progress in the action system, it has been very improved with options to before play animation: 1) make the player to rotate toward a certain direction (so that avoids any limit to make the player to face a direction previously to interact with an object) and 2) adjust better the player position to the place of the animation. Also 3) an option allows to select a bone of the player to place an object inside, like for example, picking an object from the ground. Of course, the values can be tweaked to obtain even better results.

Regards.

tgamorris76, JRD, neoshaman and 6 others like this.
  31. helgarddebarros

helgarddebarros

sr388 likes this.
  32. sr388

sr388

Hi @helgarddebarros.

Sorry for the time to reply, notifications are working by their own (gmail) again.

For now, generic models are not supported by the character system yet (in reality, they can be used, but I explain in the next paragraph why can't be used out of the box yet), so only humanoid characters can use it. But it is planned to add support for generic characters, allowing to use any animator.

The code to manage the animator is inside the main character controller, so that will be separated in another component, to make easier to add new animators with different parameters, layers and other elements. That will be added during the current 3.0 updates series.

Humanoid AI and player use the same components to work, so once this added, both player and AI will have this improvement available.

With the support of generic models, other elements will be added, like improved AI, with more behaviors and customization. And also, the ability of the characters to ride animals or any element with animations, and allowing to turn any character into animal/generic model character and viceversa at any moment, similar to games like twilight princess.

In the meantime, you can use other AI solutions like emerald, which is already integrated.

Regards.

EN_Games likes this.
  33. helgarddebarros

helgarddebarros

Cool, thanks, I have emerald and was planning on using it, I am not at the stage yet when I need to add the aliens, so I will wait and see how your update works. Brilliant product!

sr388 likes this.
  34. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here another example of the action system, this time open a door, which can be opened in both directions:

more improvements new stuff 432.gif

more improvements new stuff 434.gif

I will work tomorrow in the last elements of the action system, to add stealth kills (basically, the option to play animations combined between two characters) and to trigger actions at any moment without need to go to a specific place of the level.

Thanks @helgarddebarros, really happy to hear your kind words, I appreciate it :)

Regards.

35. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added the options to use a stealth kill (which in reality, is just an option to play animations for two characters that are meant to be synced), so it can be used for more interactions between two characters.

more improvements new stuff 437.gif

more improvements new stuff 438.gif

Lot of examples are coming to my head for this system haha. I will put a couple more, make some little polish and tests, but the system is already complete.

Regards.

36. neoshaman

neoshaman

Giving hand like in bully, or carrying someone like in the last of us ... now that's getting somewhere lol.

Peppo87 and sr388 like this.
  37. Mr_squiggle

Mr_squiggle

The new interactive options are pretty cool :) I was wondering if there is options to also add them to finish off a character. For example in a survival horror like dead space/silent hill to stamp on a character to death?

sr388 likes this.
  38. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I added an option to use the movement input during actions, to use things like walk on a cliff. It can be used for other actions as well, and will be used for the climb ladders in third person:

None of this is hard coded and no extra script was necessary to manage the input. The camera transition in the cliff is the locked camera system which is activated and disabled by the events option from the action system.

Haha, yeah , that king of actions would be totally possible. That is why the above element was added, in order to allow the use of movement input for actions that are activated in a place but allows the player to move or perform other actions on that state.

Happy to hear that @Mr_squiggle. And yes, with this system, that kind of actions could be configured. It would be similar to the takedown/stealth kill example for a few posts above.

Regards.

xDeveloper, neoshaman, JRD and 3 others like this.
  39. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an option to rotate the camera x amount of degrees in the Y axis with input. This is used for example in resident evil games, to make the camera to rotate towards the opposite direction, usually 180 degrees with respect to the player. In this case, instead of 180, any amount can be configured to rotate each time and as the main direction to use, the forward direction of the camera or the forward direction of the player plus the amount of degrees.

more improvements new stuff 442.gif

And here just a test I made with adding the slice system to any object which can apply the slice on collision with other objects. Got the idea from the saws that the player can use with the gravity gun in half life 2.

more improvements new stuff 440.gif

more improvements new stuff 441.gif

Regards.

40. blacksun666

blacksun666

would it be possible to add an option to apply a texture to the cut bit of the meshes and maybe generate some particles? Thinking this could be used to add the blood and guts needed when cutting live or undead charaters in half.

sr388 likes this.
  41. neoshaman

neoshaman

Not sure if this work woth skin mesh

sr388 likes this.
  42. sr388

sr388

The current system that is shown in the previous clips doesn't work with skinned mesh renderer I think, like @neoshaman said. You can check the slice system here: https://github.com/DavidArayan/ezy-slice

But there is a few more slice systems on github projects (all with MIT license) that I want to try as well, to allow to cut characters and any kind of 3d mesh, like this one: https://github.com/NobleMuffins/LimbHacker

The main objective is to have a general system which allows to use any kind of slice or destruction/break system for projectiles and any other way to apply damage, so it can be easily extended to activate any system.

Options for particles like blood, sparks and others could be added later too.

Regards.

43. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have made the improvements to the animator system to make a better transition from free moving to strafe mode. This has been applied in the second version of the animator and now that will be the default and main animator of the asset, so for unity 2018 and higher, there won't be need to change the animator of any character as previously, since it will be already using that. You can see also this better transition in the option that I added yesterday to toggle between look in camera direction and free movement, similar to resident evil 2 remake:

Also, I added the first example of the action system being used at any moment and any place with the player making a rotation of 180 degrees, similar to resident evil old games.

more improvements new stuff 443.gif

So the system already allows to trigger these actions at any moment by input for example, so you can add new actions based on input without need of code too.

Regards.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  44. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been adding the elements and options to use an injured state in the animator, making it very flexible and being able to use it on different situations. I have added also a random idle component to allow to configure a list of random idles, its duration and a random option to play them in any order. The player can also use weapons and aim in this injured mode as well:

Regards.

neoshaman, hopeful, iChuy and 4 others like this.
  45. Joker1980

Joker1980

What is the recommended Unity version on the newest update that has been released?

sr388 likes this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Hi @Joker1980.

Sorry for the time to reply, the notifications of the forum arrive with delay to my gmail for some reason.

The asset works in any version from unity 2017.1.0f3 and higher. I have tried several versions of 2018 and 2019 and no problem so far. Some users have already tried 2020 working good as well.

Regards.

OldUnityNoob likes this.
  47. OldUnityNoob

OldUnityNoob

Hello, is it possible with the controller to get out of the box something in the area of Magic Spell Cast System and Stealth Kill System? Or medieval fighting with bow, shield and sword? With most controllers it is possible, but I haven't found anything good with a Magic Spell Cast System. I would like to know that before I buy the fifth controller :) How far is swimming and climbing implemented? Sorry for my bad english :)

sr388 likes this.
  48. sr388

sr388

Hi @OldUnityNoob.

Thanks for your interest in the asset (I also saw you joined discord, so don't hesitate to post questions there as well if you want to).

About your question, yes, it will be totally possible to make magic spell cast and stealth kills. This last one action was added in the action system as example of its possibilities, allowing to configure custom actions at any part of the level. You can see the example a few post above here on the forum:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...-02e-rpg-elements.351456/page-73#post-5362134

This action system also allows to make custom actions at any moment without the need to be in a specific place of the level, like opening a door, opening a chest, etc... but make actions like rotate 180 degress, throw grenades, make magic, etc... (I want to configure an example of magic spells). Here you can see another example of this option to trigger custom actions anywhere:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...-02e-rpg-elements.351456/page-73#post-5373396

This action system will be available on the asset in a matter of days, as I am setting the last details, elements and options in this and a few more systems and general improvements of the asset, so it will be released very soon.

After that, the main update 3.03 will use this action system and some other elements for the melee combat system, and a part of that combat will be to manage magic spells and abilities out of the box, so the action system can manage to trigger these magic actions and part of the melee system will manage the use of this magic.

So taking inspiration from games like dark souls, breath of the wild, sekiro and others, the melee combat will allow to use all kind of weapon combinations (two hands, one hand, two swords, sword and shield, sword and fire weapon, magic and weapon, etc...), including also bows as well and the magic casting.

About the swim and climbing, swim is going go be added on 3.03 too, along with the climb ladder in third person (it is available in first person, but due to I haven't animations for the ladders yet, I hadn't the chance to make it for third person). The climb ladder will use this action system, as it allows to use movement input, like in the walk on cliff example above, so the ladder will be usable on this part too.

The climb system it self to move on any surface will be added after 3.03, in 3.04, with 2 different styles, a free climb system, similar to breath of the wild to climb any surface and other more AC style, with elements placed on level for it.

3.03 will be ready in about 1-2 months, maybe less if everything goes as expected and same would apply to next updates, as the place of time for each update is about that amount (or at least, I try to fit them into that space of time).

Let me know what you think and if you have any other doubt. And your english is good (it is not my mother language neither).

Regards.

49. Altair44

Altair44

How complicated can It be to integrate GKC with Space Graphics Toolkit?
    Do you know if there are any problem with the detection of the terrain for the sound of the steps? Or some other problem?

sr388 likes this.
  50. OldUnityNoob

OldUnityNoob

@sr388 Thanks for the quick information, that's what I wanted to know. I'm more the learning "Hobby World Painter / Level Design for Friends" and I'm not very good at coding, so such an asset is really good for me. I bought some controllers, but some function is always missing :) I watched the videos and just bought your asset. Thanks for the info and best regards from Germany :)

sr388 likes this.