Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.7%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.2%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.5%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

There was a bug that was causing some awkward transition in the animation from sprint to run stat when stamina was empty has been fixed, one of the stamina states to be stopped (in this case the climb ledge system, when the event to loose the ledge, has a check for the player speed, that was causing the issue).

upload_2019-12-11_21-22-19.png

But now that is checked properly in the climb ledge system and the transition is correct.

Also, other option added was the ability to use the interaction button, to configure the trigger of any type of event. And with it, another option allows to use the new interaction option to jump the current dialog line to show the next line, including to stop the current audio that is being played and set the next one.

There are also options in case the dialog is being shown word by word or letter by letter so when the interaction button is pressed, the current dialog line is shown at once, but the dialog line doesn’t change to the next one, and the audio keeps playing. If the player presses again the interaction button, the dialog will jump to the next line, setting the new text and stopping the current audio and playing next one

Regards.

tungerbeatbunker, Peppo87 and magique like this.
  2. 3DWizerd

3DWizerd

Quick ?? How difficult would it be to integrate footstep manager with Megasplat terrain shader, because as you know Unity terrain shader sucks

3. sr388

sr388

Do you mean to read the info of the terrain and play the steps sounds, particles and others according to that?

The current system checks if the player is on a terrain and gets the current texture where he is, setting the info in the foot step system for that.

For Megasplat, it would be a similar check, but adding the component used for that asset to get the texture or terrain info based on a vector3 position. Does that asset have a function to obtain that info?

Regards.

4. 3DWizerd

3DWizerd

Megasplat uses an Array and a rather complex Material, I think the Array could be easily accessed but its out of my technical reach.

5. sr388

sr388

I could send a message to the Megasplat developer to ask advice of that his terrain system works to find the current material/texture given a certain position, so it can be used by the foot step system on GKC.

Regards.

hopeful and 3DWizerd like this.
  6. magique

magique

He provides a simple example script on how to do it. I used it once. It's not hard.

3DWizerd likes this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Cool. I will send him a message right now, so it can be included in GKC out of the box asap.

Regards.

8. magique

magique

If you have the asset, the script is included.

9. sr388

sr388

I haven't the asset. But no problem since usually, most developers exchange vouchers between them in order to work on integrations if the other developer hasn't the other asset on his list yet.

Regards.

magique likes this.
  10. sr388

sr388

@magique and @3DWizerd email to the megasplat developer sent ;) I will tell any progress on the addition of the surface detection to GKC for that terrain system asap. It will be also added to the decal manager, since it also uses terrain surface detection for the type of decal to use, including particles and sounds.

Regards.

hopeful, 3DWizerd and magique like this.
  11. JRD

JRD

Hi I am a rookie with GKC so i am just learning it. I have my own jetpack mesh added to my character in GKC. i was wondering if you have a script for the a jetpack sound or is this something we have to do? Thanks if you can point me into the right direction to get the jetpack sound to work :)

12. sr388

sr388

Hi @JRD.

There is not an option to use sounds in the jetpack out of the box. But it could be added. For this, go to the jetpackSystem script. Add this at the beginning:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public UnityEvent eventOnStartUsingJetpack;
    2.     public UnityEvent eventOnStopUsingJetpack;
    And in the startOrStopJetpack, replace all its code with this one:

Code (CSharp):
    3.         if (usingJetpack != state) {
    4.             usingJetpack = state;
    6.             if (usingJetpack) {
    7.                 jetPackAnimation [animationName].speed = 1;
    8.                 jetPackAnimation.Play (animationName);
    9.             } else {
    10.                 jetPackAnimation [animationName].speed = -1;
    11.                 jetPackAnimation [animationName].time = jetPackAnimation [animationName].length;
    12.                 jetPackAnimation.Play (animationName);
    13.                 lastTimeUsed = Time.time;
    14.             }
    16.             playerManager.usingJetpack = state;
    17.             changeThrustsParticlesState (state);
    18.             IKManager.jetpackState (state, IKInfo);
    20.             if (usingJetpack) {
    21.                 eventOnStartUsingJetpack.Invoke ();
    22.             } else {
    23.                 eventOnStopUsingJetpack.Invoke ();
    24.             }
    25.         }
    Like that you will have events options when the jetpack is on on air or not and with it, you can configure an audio source with the jetpack clip configured and the loop option active. Then, with the events call the play and stop functions of that audio source.

That should do the work.

Let me know if you try this.

Regards.

JRD and hopeful like this.
  13. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an external dialog trigger, to play dialog on NPCs by trigger without need for the player to use the interaction button, like when you go with an NPC and he talks at certain points.

Also, I added an option in the mission system to show the total number of objectives in that mission and the current number of objectives accomplished (maybe a little hard to see with this size, it is in the left panel text of the screen).

Regards.

MorpheusXI and Peppo87 like this.
  14. whatbus2000

whatbus2000

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to your asset sr388. You are one of the best authors of an asset on the whole store. Quick responses to questions and many updates. I can only say good things about this asset and would recommend to anyone.

sr388 and hopeful like this.
  15. JRD

JRD

Thanks... i will give that a try and let you know if it worked! Thanks for the speedy reply!!

sr388 likes this.
  16. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I am going to work in this weekend in a few workflow improvements for the inventory system, since now different types of inventory objects can be created, but for the process of creation there is barely no change from the current video tutorial except a few more fields, which will be shown in another video, but it is easy to see what they are used for. These improvements will also make weapon creations easier and faster.

Also, I will work too in the improvement I said some weeks ago about the customization of positions on the weapons, to allow to configure all the positions at once on play mode and copy and paste these values all at once with just a couple of buttons, making this customization process much faster and simpler.

Wizards for arms replacement on weapons along with the wizard creations for vehicles will be added too, starting with the car and the motorbike types.

Finally, I started to work on a photo mode during my free time (it is very quick to put together) and it will include options to configure different filters and camera effects (this photo mode is almost complete). Btw, to try the new customization process for the weapons, I am going to add a plasma cutter, similar to dead space.

Thanks @whatbus2000 for your kind words. I am really glad to hear that and it really helps to keep working more and more on the asset :) Thanks also for the support, it is very appreciated.

Cool, looking forward for the results. I already added those event options to the jetpack system.

Regards.

Mohamed-Anis and neoshaman like this.
  17. DonYep

DonYep

Hi.

Your inventory is good but hard to use. Create a new item is complex and the data is saved in the inspector. The general workflow for the inventory is saved data in an XML or a JSON file, and provide a generic API to the user. I wish your next update will be better!:)

Regards.

sr388 likes this.
  18. sr388

sr388

Of course, it is planned to use scriptable objects to manage the info of the inventory more easily. In general, the use of scriptable objects will be more extended in the asset starting during the current update and next ones, adding this way of work to multiple systems.

Respect the creation of new items, I think the process is simple: set a category and a name, create a mesh for the object, and select an icon to use for it and the properties of the object (can be used, dropped, discarded, combined, etc...) and voila. How would you prefer this process or what would you change from it? I really want to know your ideas about it, as it can help to make the inventory system better, I always take every suggestions into consideration :)

I am also working in the current update for some little workflow improvements for the inventory system, related to the creation of new objects.

Regards.

19. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have complete the photo mode system, with different options and camera effects examples (It seems that OBS has some glitches in the video with an specific shader, but the effects work without problem in the editor and the build it self):

Also, I have almost finished all the elements I commented during the weekend, so I will so them very soon as well. I want to leave another little update with all these elements, improvements and a few fixes prepared and sent to the store this week.

Regards.

20. tungerbeatbunker

tungerbeatbunker

Over the past days sr388, the creator of the asset helped me and answered every, EVERY question I have regarding the asset. He works every day on it to make it the best asset.

every owner should give a little cash via Patreon to secure that the asset will getting new features and fixes as fast as possible.

Patreon Link:
    https://www.patreon.com/twocubesstudio

Sorry for offtopic but this is the best asset I have bought so far.

JRD, shininguri, westryder907 and 2 others like this.
  21. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have made new tutorial videos, this time, to cover the mission system. This first videos covers the basic elements, different options and some extra stuff. The new videos start here on the tutorial list:

Also, I have almost ready a new middle update that should be ready and sent to the store tomorrow. It contains several improvements, a couple of new systems (including all progress shown so far) and a few fixes. It will have a changelog as well.

Thanks @tungerbeatbunker for the support. I am very happy to hear that and i really appreciate that kind of feedback and nice words about the asset. It gives more power to work harder... coffee powers haha :)

Regards.

shininguri likes this.
  22. zefirozh

zefirozh

Hello, I need some help about stamina system. I would like to use stamina when my character is running instead of sprinting, how can I do that?

Thank you.

23. sr388

sr388

The stamina system is located here:

upload_2019-12-17_20-37-45.png

For the sprint option, the stamina is used by a couple of events available on the player controller when the player starts and stops to sprint, enabling/disabling the use of stamina in the state Sprint, in the Stamina State Info List you can see above.

For the use of stamina for regular run, I would make a simple component, with a reference to the player controller component of the player. Then check if the walk speed is equal to 1 (which is the value used for the animator tree to set the run animation state) and if also if the player is moving (with the function isPlayerUsingInput for example), so in that case, it would set the run state in the stamina system (adding a new state for that) and setting it to true or false according to that (with the function activateStaminaState and disableStaminaState, with the name of the stamina state, for example, Run).

Let me know if you try this and your results. If you have problems adding this element, I could do the script I said to use this option.

Regards.

24. zefirozh

zefirozh

Can't make it work, please do the script for me.

Thank you.

sr388 likes this.
  25. whatbus2000

whatbus2000

You should keep trying, best way to learn.

DJ_JW, shininguri and sr388 like this.
  26. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have sent to the store a new middle update, 3.02d, with multitude of improvements, related to inner working of the code, and workflow improvements in the creation of inventory objects and the customization of weapons positions, allowing to configure all positions of any weapon at once (during the same play), copy their values and paste them at once, making this process much faster and easier.

Other elements added are new options for the dialog, including activate it with external triggers, so a NPC can talk with you without need to interact with it, the new photo mode and other options here and there. Here the full changelog of this new version:

Changelog 3.02d

Tomorrow, I will record more video tutorials related to the mission system, to activate missions through dialog. And also, I will show the above improved weapon position editor.

Ok, I will do a simple script example for this purpose tomorrow (need some sleep now haha).

Regards.

hopeful and Peppo87 like this.
  27. 3DWizerd

3DWizerd

Having anything on a workbench type system, for attachments or add player attachments. Thanks

sr388 likes this.
  28. sr388

sr388

There are not workbench system for now (the closer is the edit attachment ingame system to change between attachments on weapons). But it is planned to be added to the asset, taking inspiration from metro games, to edit/add/remove elements to a weapon.

As for the player, once the armor/cloth system is added, an editor ingame will be included too, so you can edit your character at any moment or in specific places of the level.

Regards.

MorpheusXI, aaaaabbbbb and Peppo87 like this.
  29. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

@zefirozh here the script to use the stamina when player runs:

Use Stamina On Run Script

Attach it to the player controller and set this values on that component:

upload_2019-12-21_12-51-45.png

In the stamina system add a new state and configure it like this:

upload_2019-12-21_12-52-21.png

And in player controller component, configure this:

upload_2019-12-21_12-52-54.png

Let me know if you try this. Anyone who want can also try it and tell me their results. I have tested it and works properly, making the player to walk again if the stamina is over and consume it while player runs.

Regards.

30. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a video showing the new tool for the customization of weapons positions, allowing to configure all positions of any weapon at once (during the same play), copy their values and paste them at once, making this process much faster and easier.

This tool is already included in 3.02d and can be found configured on each weapon, in the same object as the IK Weapon System component:

upload_2019-12-22_2-21-31.png

Also, here a teaser of some new projectile type:

Regards.

magique, 3DWizerd, Peppo87 and 3 others like this.
  31. neoshaman

neoshaman

oh boi

Where did you find the logic to make fracture?

Can it be extended to support 3D voronoi cut?

Because now that's next level stuff, you are a top tier asset now.

sr388 and Lagunajam like this.
  32. zefirozh

zefirozh

Thank you for your script, it works perfectly on my game, and just a question, do you have plan for first person camera with full body awareness ? I looking forward to it.

Thank you again.

sr388 likes this.
  33. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here a longer video about this cut/slice system:

Haha, thanks, I always wanted to being able to cut stuff like in metal gear revengeance.

The system used to cut meshes can be found here: https://github.com/DavidArayan/ezy-slice).

I imported it to the project where I work with GKC and made a new projectile type behavior. Nothing more extra was needed, besides adding a weapon dedicated to that type of projectile (taking inspiration from dead space and metal gear for a rotating cannon weapon), allowing to make slices in any angle and having total control of the rotation.

To slice skinned mesh renderer, there is other solution made on github that I want to try too, which would be this one: https://github.com/NobleMuffins/LimbHacker. Both a MIT license, so it can be used with no problem

But these integrations should also work with other fracture/slice solutions from the store, with just minor modifications.

Glad to hear it is working :) And about the full body awareness, absolutely, it is planned to be added for this very current update 3.03 which is already in process (though I am also working in some middle updates between 3.02 and 3.03, to make some general improvements and some new options/elements here and there).

Regards.

MorpheusXI, Neviah and 3DWizerd like this.
  34. hopeful

hopeful

FWIW, I think there's already a skinned mesh slicer for use with UMA.

sr388 likes this.
  35. sr388

sr388

Haven't seen anything like that in UMA, but I will take a look at it. Thanks for telling me about it.

Regards.

36. hopeful

hopeful

sr388 likes this.
  37. blacksun666

blacksun666

The slice mechanism would be perfect for melee weapons such as swords and axes (light sabers), especially with support for skinned meshes.

sr388 and Neviah like this.
  38. MangeyD

MangeyD

Has anyone done anything with this controller and the Oculus Rift. I have just grabbed a Rift S and I want to do some cool stuff with it in Unity and I was hoping that someone had been doing work on that already with GKC.

sr388 likes this.
  39. sr388

sr388

Very interesting. I will take a look at that as soon as I start to work on UMA integration for this current update 3.03.

Oh yes, I added this system thinking in the melee combat and will try to achieve a manual blade rotation through input like in metal gear rising.

LastingWavyKawala-size_restricted.gif

And can't forget jedi knights neither:

giphy.gif

@MangeyD I haven't had the chance yet to work on VR for the asset yet, due to I have to get a VR kit and get a new PC (current one is a little old already). And it is something I will get at the beginning of the year, approximately for February or March. So as soon as I get my hands on a VR kit, I will work on the full support of VR. I also made the dual wield weapon system thinking in the VR system.

I think a couple of users on the discord channel of GKC already started to make tests and try stuff on VR with GKC, you can join and take a better look there. In case you are not on the channel, here the link, is public: https://discord.gg/kUpeRZ8

Regards.

magique, MangeyD and Peppo87 like this.
  40. catchmani

catchmani

Hi!

Great work on the asset, been following the updates for sometime.. will be getting it for my next project.

So, there's gonna be Racing System too right? Can you be able to share how is it gonna be?

Like details about Tracks, AI Cars, Laps and how result will effect the available systems.

Thanks

DrOcto and sr388 like this.
  41. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I want to thank you people for another amazing (and almost complete) year, 2019 has been a madness (in the good way), cool things and very good people that I have met here and the discord channel, so I only wanted to say thank for everything and I hope that 2020 is even better (why this looks more like something that should be say at the actual end of the year? xd) .

Anyway, I will be out today for family and eat/dinner stuff (I will be able to see the messages but won't be able to answer them) so Merry Christmas to everyone :D

@catchmani thanks for your interest in the asset and for considering its purchase, I really appreciate it :)

Yes, a racing system is going to be included during the current 3.0 updates series (current in process) and some AI work has been done in the vehicles already, you can see an initial version of the AI on vehicles and a race track system. You can expect different modes and elements from similar games, like mario kart, with power ups, gravity changes, weapons with automatic tracking of targets, vehicle customization, etc...

Allow me to give you a more complete answer by the end of the day/tomorrow, as I am now with the classical family reunion for christmas haha.

Regards.

DrOcto, DJ_JW, Peppo87 and 4 others like this.
  42. catchmani

catchmani

Much appreciate the quick response and yea please take your time.

Merry Christmas :)

sr388 likes this.
  43. JRD

JRD

Hi Two Cubes...This guys channel on a vr character on how too looks really good, this might be worth a little look! :)

MangeyD and sr388 like this.
  44. sr388

sr388

I am back.

No problem @catchmani, I always try to answer any message asap. About the vehicle race system, I think I said most of the elements that will contain on it, at least, the main and first elements, but it will keep receiving more stuff, modes, improvements and new options.

Other elements that will contain is the option to play in local multiplayer with split screen for any number of players and for online multiplayer as well (once the online system is added). For the rest, it would be what I said, taking inspiration from similar games like F-zero, mario kart, crash team racing, etc... allowing the use of power ups, different traps and zones in the track, a waypoint track system which will allow to make any shape and length, detection of wrong direction, checkpoints, menus to select track, vehicle and customize it before the race, etc...

Probably I am forgetting some element, so don't hesitate to tell me any suggestion about elements that you would like to see in this vehicle race system and it will be added in the todo list :)

Haha, very nice process the guy on the video did, really interesting. Thanks for the suggestions @JRD, I will take a better look at it and start to see some more info about VR settings and the regular process for the use of character, input and other stuff, so when I get a VR kit, the integration can be made even faster.

Regards.

MangeyD, catchmani and JRD like this.
  45. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added a new system which allows to configure different menu schemes for the inventory menu and change between them in real time by sending the name of the scheme to use (though it could be used for other menus). It has options to enable/disable any element and set a new position,size delta and scale as well, so it is very customizable.

For example, I have made a similar menu scheme to the inventory of resident evil 2 remake to use it when the player is on a place to use inventory objects (a new option has been added to open the inventory menu and set a different menu scheme, if this is not used, the other inventory places will be like previously). Here you can see it:

more improvements new stuff 407.gif

The regular inventory menu is the same as before and when the player interacts with the inventory place, the camera changes of place (using the previous move camera to place component) and enables the inventory menu to use objects as needed and it changes the inventory menu scheme to a different one.

Also, today I talked with the developer of RayFire and an integration will be done for this asset too. For now this is this is the more immediate list of integrations planned that will arrive progressively in the next months:
    • Dialogue system
    • SCK
    • Cinemachine
    • Horse animator pro
    • Salsa
    • Destroy it
    • ABC ability control toolkit
    • UMA
    • Puppet master
    • Behavior designer
    • Rayfire
    Regards.

46. hopeful

hopeful

Be careful about integrations. It leads to a lot of updating.

sr388, DJ_JW, neoshaman and 1 other person like this.
  47. catchmani

catchmani

Mario Kart, Crash Team Racing.. Local and Online Multiplayer.. all will be interesting combining with other modules the asset already has. :)

Do also consider elements from games like Need for Speed to keep story line a little more realistic.

So are these doable by end of Feb? can you share any tentative timeline..

Thanks!

sr388 likes this.
  48. sr388

sr388

Don't worry, they will arrive in different updates and the integration process of some of them are pretty straight forward and a couple are mostly already complete. But I understand your point, it is one of the reasons why I keep working on the main systems of GKC, to have all packaged in a single asset working out of the box.

Yeah, can't wait to have it ready and try different combinations. Things like local multiplayer, the switch companion, the character swap and the online system brings a lot of possibilities.

Thanks also for the suggestions. Not sure about a certain ETA for the vehicle race system, but I want to keep working on the AI on vehicles soon and once that is done along with some additions in the track system, it will be all mostly prepared for the race system it self. It could be around the first quarter of 2020.

Regards.

DrOcto and catchmani like this.
  49. blacksun666

blacksun666

@sr388 does the local multiplayer system you have implemented currently support all the features present in the GKC engine?

50. sr388

sr388

Yes, most systems and elements have been taken into account to work on the local multiplayer. What it is not present yet is the use of first person (which can be used but since there is no full body awareness yet, the other players will see an invisible character or a couple of arms with a weapon), a menu to select the local multiplayer mode and selection of character and some management elements for the save of info for two or more players.

All of that is planned to be added in next updates to complete the 100% of local multiplayer elements. The rest of elements on GKC should work without problem in local multiplayer. If you find any issue on this mode, let me know as most considerations for the local multiplayer were done during past updates, but maybe something wasn't noticed. So far, I think there is not more elements not taken into account for the local multiplayer, to manage two or more players in the level and new systems added are made thinking ahead on this as well.

Regards.

DrOcto and blacksun666 like this.