Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.7%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.2%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.5%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Notifications on the forum making some things again haha. Thanks for the feedback about the system.

This dynamic split screen system can be used only for 2 players (at least right now), due to it would be tricky to manage this with 4 cameras.

And yes, it can be used on any view in third person or locked view, as far as is a single camera for 2 users. I will show another example of 2.5d later today.

Regards.

neoshaman likes this.
  2. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Before the dynamic split screen system, I made some tests on the local multiplayer to use a single camera instead of split screen, fitting to all the players inside a range, moving also the camera vertically and horizontally according to the position to center.

Here some examples on top down and 2.5d:

Regards

ron-bohn and neoshaman like this.
  3. neoshaman

neoshaman

you are basically doing a better cinemachine .... what's next diopter lenses? lol

sr388 likes this.
  4. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

This is the roadmap for 3.03 version, which is the current update, which has been already started.

The most important elements here are melee combat, crafting, armor/cloth system, the new additions in the save system and the improvement in the workflow of some systems, to make them even easier and more intuitive to use.

• Armor/cloth system with all kinds of stats and highly customizable. It will include armored surfaces with a list to configure any type of damage with different options for each one and same for armor, to being more resistant, immune or weak against any type of damage, allowing to configure the relation between armor and each type of damage and with damage multipliers (from 0 to any %)
    • Armored surfaces that will have settings that will determine how much resistance they are against projectiles, including ricochets, piercing bullets, explosives, etc...
    • Add systems to slice characters and 3d meshes similar to metal gear revengeance and dead space, including the ability to rotate the sword/weapon to select the direction of the cut
    • Ability to swap between characters in the game, similar to GTA V or agents of mayhem
    • More mechanics related to space, like vacuum, oxygen, hull breaches and objects being pulled to outer space
    • Pooling system
    • Full body awareness in first person
    • Improved character creator, with different customization options for the main systems and features of the player, including things like use or not inventory, weapons, map system, jetpack, climb ledge system, etc…. And selecting from the beginning the type of view to use (free third/first person or locked view, selecting the preconfigured camera type)
    • Add sniper rifle example weapon
    • Use scriptable objects to configure fire settings on weapons, with all the options, including fire rate, type of shooting, use of raycast of physics projectile, magazine values, etc….
    • Different player prefabs with different settings, including some with the most basic features, other preconfigured to fit into different genres, etc…
    • More wizards for the creation or replacement of prefabs meshes, like weapons, arms for first person, vehicles, etc..
    • Add settings menu for visual configuration of graphics, and other input elements, like reverse orientation, different sensitivity values, etc… saving/loading these values each time
    • Add the rest of the info to the save system, related to the elements of each Scene,like dead enemies, items dropped or picked, things unlocked, inventory objects zone where objects have been used, etc...
    • AI able to drive vehicles
    • Vehicles with automatic weapons, to detect and fire at targets
    • Dynamic split screen system for 2 players in the local multiplayer system, to use one single camera when players are close enough and divide the main camera into two when they are far enough
    • Weapons which can be broken after x time of use or use them x amount of times, with options to lose that weapon or being able to repair it
    • Loading screen when changing between scenes, including the % of charge and options to show messages or images on the screen
    • Audio and text files to find in the level, which will be stored in a system, saving/loading those files already found
    • Survival elements, as stamina, hungry, thirty, body temperature, and other stats, like poison and similar
    • Swim and dive system, allowing to use weapons in that mode
    • Tree state in the animator triggered by low health in the player, similar to resident evil games, allowing to configure animations where player looks wounded or with low stamina
    • Move the animator management code to another script, to allow the use of other animator controller in the player and AI, including the use of generic models
    • Grid inventory management option, similar to deus ex and resident evil 4 games
    • Movements added on 3.02 only available in first person will be also usable in third person, like climb ladders, wall running, crouch sliding and dash
    • Full melee combat system, including one or two hand weapons, including swords, shields, maces, bows, etc… It will include combos editor, dodge, lock-on targets, cast magic, etc...inspired from breath of the wild and dark souls
    • Ability to move on ledges to left and right while grabbing them, including the detection of corvers and round surfaces to move along the proper direction
    • New elements for dialog system, including animations, changes of cameras, time limit to give answer, 3d bubbles on the level to show dialog lines, images on the screen for each character talking, etc….
    • Improved editing of reference positions on weapons for the different places of a weapon to aim, walk, recoil, etc… and IK positions, allowing to edit them, copy their values and paste them one single time, instead of making the process for each reference position
    • New character model for the asset, replacing the old ethan model
    • Use the weapon slots on the inventory to place any other object from the inventory and use it like a quick access button, to use the object placed on that slot, like using a health consumable to refill the health of the player
    • Crafting system, with recipes, creation of objects, materials, structures, tools, etc.. including work stations
    • System which allows to steal objects from other NPCs when you are sneaking behind them
    • Audio system to play sounds and voices by event, triggers, actions, etc….like dialog, pain voices from damage, jump or fall from a big height, etc….
    • Moving inside vehicles (according to development, maybe will be moved to 3.04)

Probably some others will be added and maybe some of the current listed here may not end included in 3.03, but next one, according to how the development goes, but the limit this time will be of 2 months as maximum.

Of course, I will be back to record the tutorial videos, something that I do tomorrow, to show more elements of the weapons and how to configure them and keep with the rest of systems for videos too.

Haha, oh yeah.

Regards.

Adrad, borkbork, mc_raidin and 4 others like this.
  5. borkbork

borkbork

Incredible. I honestly don't know how you do it all so quickly! I have a noob question about restricting Z movement for a pure 2.5D setup. I have switched off Z controller input, but when the character turns from L>R or R>L it moves a little in Z space. Is this is due root motion in the turn animations? Or is anything controlling this in the Movement Settings on the Player Controller? Also, would it be difficult to replace the current turning system with 180 pivot animations? I am thinking the 180 pivots that come in Animation Bandit's Heroic Traversal.

sr388 likes this.
  6. sr388

sr388

Thanks man, very happy to hear that. I really love to work on this asset, being my main job and one of my hobbies, so a part of it comes from experimentation as well haha. I have also the rule of work every day, no matter what, even if it is a lower amount of hours than usually.

About your question, are you using a preconfigured 2.5d camera or have you configured with the default values?

In the 2.5d options of the locked camera system, there is an option to lock the player position in the Z axis (if the current 2.5d plane is using the XY direction, else, it will use the ZY direction, so the system locks the X axis position).

In that way, even if the animation adds some not desired movement toward inside or outside the screen direction, this option avoids that, keeping the player in a fixed horizontal position.

By default, in the preconfigured locked camera prefab of 2.5d, this option is active, using the X axis to move, being Z the locked direction in this case.

upload_2019-12-2_23-30-49.png

The locked axis movement is the option called Use Default Z Value 2_5d (same option for XY or ZY axis).
    Also, according to if you are moving in the XY or the ZY axis, you need to check or uncheck the option Move In Axis On 2_5d (it would be true if you are using XY axis).

In the case of Use Default Z Value 2_5d, it takes the Z (or X) position from the position of the Camera Pivot. You can see it here:

upload_2019-12-2_23-33-58.png

In this case, the Z position will be always inside the double red rail that appears in the ground.

About the 180 pivot animation, not sure what you mean, can you tell me more?

Let me know if you have doubts or issues with this. We can also check your settings better in a remote session. Send me a PM here or in discord in that case, to talk better during the session.

Regards.

7. borkbork

borkbork

Excellent. I have the limits working now - he stays inside the rails. Thank you!

This is the running 180 pivot animation from Heroic Traversal. Watching the animator work with GKC it looks like turning triggers a number of animations, blending together idle turns and moving turns? As opposed to the animation below, which is just 1 animation. That's where I became confused as I was replacing the default anims with the ones from this pack, and couldn't figure out how I could use this. Sorry, gif is a little over-sized so it might take a minute to load

180 pivot.2019-12-02 15_49_59.gif

sr388 likes this.
  8. sr388

sr388

Cool, happy to see the position works properly now.

And for the animation, I see now. Yeah, it is the classical quick change on direction. This kind of movement needs some checks in the controller, to check if a quick change on movement direction in the input has happened, like moving forward during x time (or while sprinting) and then, moving backward directly. And of course, with that part, the inclusion of this animation in the movement tree of the animator, so that animation state can be triggered.

That option to use this kind of change direction animation is planned to be added to the asset and to have it ready for the new update.

As soon as it is included, I will shot it here.

Regards.

9. borkbork

borkbork

You are an animal!!! I look forward to the update, but in the mean time I have tons to learn. There is also the same type of animation for walking in the Heroic pack - it would be great if you could have 2 levels of speed check (one for run, one for walk) if possible?

sr388 likes this.
  10. sr388

sr388

The default movement in the character is run by default (or move faster than walk) using the walk speed value, which is 1 by default.

You can adjust this value to use walk movement by default if you need to. Along with this, you can disable the sprint and set that the run button will change the value of this walk speed field for other one, like 1, which will make the player to run like he does by default right now.

Like that, you can use walk by default and run on key or viceversa.

upload_2019-12-3_1-13-23.png

Here an example, sprint is disabled and the walk speed is 0.5, the rest of settings are same as in the picture, so run key will switch the run or walk action, just by changing the walk speed value:

Is this what you meant? Let me know if you have doubts with this setting or not.

Regards.

11. borkbork

borkbork

Oh yeah, thanks I get that - I meant for when you are able to add the quick direction change and set special animations for that action. Eg, running quick 180 (like you said already) and walking 180.

sr388 likes this.
  12. sr388

sr388

Of course, the action will be included for walking and running and for any view, third or locked camera (2.5d is inside this type).

Regards.

13. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

New video tutorial ready, showing the different ways to carry and manage weapons on third person:

Also, I have added the option to stop the character from moving if he is going toward a wall/surface in that direction, allowing to move in any other different direction than the obstacle position. It works in third and first person (and any locked view):

As you can see in the input text on the screen, even when the player is pressing the input, if this input is in the same direction as the obstacle, the player won't move.

Regards.

hopeful, Zulfur and blacksun666 like this.
  14. cangcloud2015

cangcloud2015

It is recommended to add grenades. Different types of grenades can be replaced. Different grenades can explode when thrown out. The range is on fire, freezing, electric shock, poisoning.

sr388 likes this.
  15. sr388

sr388

Yes @cangcloud2015, throw grenades is planned to be included in the weapon system, including different effects, like the ones you said. Some of them like poison, sedative and similar effects for the ammo and explosive types are already included).

For example, you can use those effects in weapons which launch grenades, like the grenade launcher. The type of effect is configured in the player weapon system component, inside each weapon, in gunModel gameObject.

Regards.

DrOcto and hopeful like this.
  16. cangcloud2015

cangcloud2015

Glad to hear these.

sr388 likes this.
  17. Jpbsilva

Jpbsilva

Got any predictions for online multiplayer?

18. Jpbsilva

Jpbsilva

I made the purchase today, I will wait for the online multiplayer mode. When online is implemented, I'd like to see something like classic modes like deathmatch, team deathmatch capture the flag and the domain. Do you think this would be possible? And I would also like to know how to aim and shoot in third person, because I tried here and the character doesn't seem able to walk and shoot at the same time. I will still read all the documentation calmly, but it seems to me a great asset. Thank you.

DrOcto likes this.
  19. sr388

sr388

Hi @Jpbsilva.

Sorry for the time to reply, I went to bed almost at the same time of your first message.

Thanks for your purchase, I really appreciate the support :)

The online multiplayer will be started by the end of the year. I haven't an ETA yet for when the online system will be fully complete on the asset but will be as soon as possible.

And yes, all kind of game modes will be added to the multiplayer, have a lot of games where take inspiration for these modes, and of course, suggestions for other type of modes are welcome (besides what you already said, which are planned as well).

And about the aim in third person, yes, this is explained in the doc too (maybe you already saw it).

It is caused due to unity changed the way animator works in 2018 and higher versions of unity. For this reason, I added a second animator to the asset, with the string 2018-2019 it its name, so you only need to replace the default animator on player and humanoid AI and they will work properly on your unity version.

Let me know if you try this or have any problem with it.

Something funny is that I think the animator system works in the same way as before in unity 2020, since an user told me that the default animator works properly in that version. I want to try 2020 too (haven't had the chance yet).

The asset has been tested from unity 2017 to 2020 and no problem so far on any of them.

Regards.

20. sr388

sr388

Btw people. Just a reminder that Game Kit Controller is on sale on the store with a 50% OFF during the Cyber Monday.

Regards.

21. cangcloud2015

cangcloud2015

Game Kit Controller integrates the full version of Emerald AI? So ... Game Kit Controller can tame enemy AI ... Become a partner? And adventure together ?! Will the save system save the partners and partner's items and weapons that adventure together? AI Are there multiple attack methods? My robot AI has melee attacks and other long-range attacks. How does AI implement multiple attacks?

22. cangcloud2015

cangcloud2015

I hope to achieve localization soon. Is there a melee system for the latest version?

23. sr388

sr388

I haven't tried too much deeply emerald, but if emerald has a tame system, you will be able to use it. Its developer should be able to tell you more about it.

There is no a system out of the box to store a possible AI partner for the player, but it could be useful, for example if in a game there are animals or similar, the system could store it as a partner to move through the world with the player and even take into account it if dies and disappear to find a new partner and similar options.

I will put that on the todo list ;)

And about multiple attacks and melee, that would be related to emerald, according to its options available.

With localization, do you mean to manage multiple languages? That is planned and will be started to be included in different systems progresively.

About melee system, that will be added on GKC during the current update 3.03 that has been already started.

Regards.

24. cangcloud2015

cangcloud2015

Yes ... I am talking about multi-language localization, because my game will support many national languages. Although buttons, menus, and text on the UI can be completed with other localization plugins, the text of the task system is very It is difficult to complete with other localization plugins, I hope you will complete the multilingual localization function as soon as possible.

sr388 likes this.
  25. cangcloud2015

cangcloud2015

On the phone, the dialog and dialog selection text is a bit small, I hope you guys will make it bigger (I am on my LG G8). The Game Kit Controller is really easy to use, both in terms of price and function, it is the most complete and complete Roll over other plugins and I would recommend it to my friends.

sr388 likes this.
  26. sr388

sr388

Yes, don't worry, dialog, missions and other text on the asset will use the localization system as well ;)

The dialog system uses the UI system of unity, and this dialog uses the same panel elements for the UI management, so you can modify its aspect (including panel scale and text font size) as you need.

Here you can find the dialog content, inside the HUD parent:

upload_2019-12-5_11-37-47.png

upload_2019-12-5_11-38-4.png

And thanks for your nice words about the asset and your support, I really appreciate it :). I take this opportunity to say (to any user of GKC), a rate/review of the asset in the asset store always helps a lot, to get feedback. Of course, with you sincere opinion and once you have tried the asset enough. No rush or feel forced, just a reminder.

Regards.

27. cangcloud2015

cangcloud2015

Thanks for your reply, it was very helpful.

sr388 likes this.
  28. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

New tutorial videos, this time, covering the prefabs manager and how to start the game with a certain weapon:

Regards.

blacksun666 likes this.
  29. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added an option on weapons to avoid the player from being able to fire if it finds an object with specific tag and layer with options to lower the weapon as well. It is usually used to avoid that the player fires to some NPC or specific object (even if not damage is applied). It can be customized on each weapon:

And here a couple of examples of the option to avoid movement toward an obstacle in the same direction as in the input, in this case while aiming. The text in the right part is the input (WASD):

Regards.

Razmot, ahmet28, xDeveloper and 2 others like this.
  30. whatbus2000

whatbus2000

How hard would it be to integrate an external vehicle physics into your asset. I have Edy's Vehicle Physics and would like to use this with your asset. Any help appreciated.

31. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have added options on the dialogue system to show each dialog line letter by letter or word by word with a time rate for each one.

Here another view of the option to avoid movement input toward an obstacle, like a wall or similar, in locked view:

The vehicle system is made to being easy to add your own vehicle controller script. All vehicles use the same components, for elements like input, camera, weapons, IK management, seats for passengers, damage detection, health, etc...

The only difference between them is the vehicle controller used on each one, which is the way the physics are applied and how they move.

This is for example the car:

upload_2019-12-8_3-55-24.png

And this the motorbike:

upload_2019-12-8_3-56-16.png

So it would be a matter of create a new script with the vehicle controller code, add a few functions to receive input and set the state of the vehicle (if it is active, being driven, etc...) and maybe a couple more of adjustments. This requires some programming knowledge.

It is planned to add a vehicle controller class, in order to make easier the addition of the any new vehicle controller.

Let me know if you have more doubts or questions about this process.

Regards.

32. cangcloud2015

cangcloud2015

I have a lot of guns. How do I create my own weapons? Select a weapon model or prefab, select the type of weapon to be created, and click the button to create it?There is no video tutorial, which is implemented by adding scripts to weapons. I need to create a video of weapons

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  33. cangcloud2015

cangcloud2015

Buttons on the pause menu cannot be operated with gamepad.

34. cangcloud2015

cangcloud2015

Buttons on the pause menu cannot be operated with gamepad.

35. vorokoi

vorokoi

There are lots of tutorials. Here is the first part of a tutorial that covers the creation of new weapons.

36. cangcloud2015

cangcloud2015

Our country has blocked YouTube

37. vorokoi

vorokoi

Just use a VPN? That's what most Chinese users are doing... 11th most visited website in China.

38. sr388

sr388

Like @vorokoi said (thanks for the faster answer), there are video tutorials covering the creation of new weapons. The content of the videos will be included in the documentation in future updates. A solution for the blocked videos could be a VPN.

Also @cangcloud2015, I recommend to use the support email (you can find it in the doc) for any issue that you have with the asset instead of multiple post. With the last version of GKC, the menu navigation should work properly with gamepad by using the mouse cursor.

Navigation through menus with gamepad using the joystick and dpad instead of a cursor will be worked during the current update, probably using the navigation system of the unity UI.

Regards.

westryder907 likes this.
  39. 3DWizerd

3DWizerd

Walk speed enabled, seems to be overwritten at run-time or not inoperable. Would there be something in feature settings that overrides that function.?

40. sr388

sr388

Which Walk speed enabled field do you mean? And in what component?

If you mean in player controller component, the only element that is maybe changed in runtime is walk speed and that is used if the option to change between walk and run is enabled (increase walk speed enabled). But the initial value that is configured before start in walk speed will be stored in an aux field.

upload_2019-12-9_1-52-35.png

Not sure if you maybe mean that or other element.

Regards.

41. 3DWizerd

3DWizerd

Doesn't move faster than walk speed 1 and Increase Walk Speed value doesn't make any changes. Sprint works fine though.

42. sr388

sr388

Not sure what you mean. That value is made to have a value between 0 and 1 (that is why the field uses a range value parameter). It is used as value for an animator tree to set if the player currently moves walking or running.

Can you tell me more about what you want to configure with it? Send me a PM on the unity forum or discord, to take a better look at what you are trying to achieve, so I can tell you more.

Regards.

43. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I found a bug on the inventory system caused from the last update 3.02b. It is basically just a check needed when picking or dropping inventory objects (which I forgot to add) and that would cause an exception message on the console on these situations. The script below is the fixed applied, so you can replace it and that will solve the problem. Replace the script in this folder Game Kit Controller\Scripts\Inventory.

Inventory Info Script

I have already sent a little update to the asset store with this fix applied. Sorry for this inconvenience.

This week, I will keep working on the main update 3.03 and recording new tutorial videos for weapons, the whole mission system and the map system too.

Regards.

runealdoo and JRD like this.
  44. cangcloud2015

cangcloud2015

Thank you.

45. DonYep

DonYep

Hi.
    Why the vehicles don't inherit from a base script, like "VehicleBaseClass"? If you do this, it will be easier to extend. There is too many update function in your scripts, maybe you can make a "UpdateManager" to reduce this. Sometimes find a property will cost a long time, why don't you hide some public properties and use "Find()" function. When I lost a competent Ref, I will be confused about which one I lost. Great job, nice assets!

sr388 likes this.
  46. sr388

sr388

Hi @DonYep.

Thanks for your interest in the asset and your purchase.

Yes, vehicles will have a main class to be extended, used also to make easier to add custom vehicle controllers from other vehicle assets (or your own vehicle controller scripts).

And yes, some update functions will be removed and called from one main player manager.

Not sure about the "Find()" function you mean. Maybe GameObject.Find()? In that case, that function is expensive and I don't recommend to use it. But maybe you mean other one. In that case, tell me more about it.

And thanks again for the feedback. In each update, there is code that is improved, to make it simpler and better, including performance improvements. These improvements and ways to programming are one of the main rules while working on the asset :)

Regards.

47. DonYep

DonYep

Hi.

First Thanks for a repeat."Find()" I mean ,you can store components in a management system, when used, get component by key. I know GameObject.Find() is function is expensive, but it executes only once in Start function. Dragging components are not safe and make people confused. And I have a problem with the weapon system. The weapon system is awesome but there are lots of configs in the player, I have to set property one by one, if I can set config on weapon prefab, then it will be easier to use.

Regards.

48. sr388

sr388

Hi again @DonYep.

Sorry for the time to reply, I went to sleep a few minutes before your last message.

There is a component in the player called player components manager, which is used to store different components, so it is easy to get a reference to any of them at any time.

upload_2019-12-10_0-49-22.png

I think GameObject.Find() is not a good option to use, even at start, because it can increase the time the scene can takes to start.

About the weapons, not sure what you mean. There are only three components:
    • Player weapons manager: configured in player controller gameObject, it has the main settings for the main management of weapons for the player
    • IK weapon manager: configured in the main parent of each weapon, it manages the movements and different positions on the weapon (to aim, walk, run, crouch, draw, etc...)
    • Player weapon system: configured in each weapon itself, in the gameObject gunModel, it manages the weapon settings to fire, like spread, ammo, fire rate, projectile position, sounds, etc....It also manages new behaviors for the weapon
    You can access to the weapons on the player from the components player weapons manager, in the weapon list:

upload_2019-12-10_1-6-9.png
    That is all the elements for the weapon system, so not sure what problem you have with it. In the current update, scriptable objects will be added to weapons, allowing to set, copy and paste the settings of any weapon in any other, including adding new weapons and setting previous config that you have stored from any other weapon, similar to a template system. Is that maybe what you mean?

Also, soon these weapons will be managed with an instantiate system in the player, so there won't be need to have these weapons placed inside player's body at the start of the game.

Regards.

49. DonYep

DonYep

Hi.
    Thank you for your reply. That is what I mean, and I am looking forward to your next update;).
    Regards.

sr388 likes this.
  50. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

One user on discord made some quick integration between cinemachine and the camera system, to resume player actions, play some cutscene and resume the player and activate the HUD again. Here the example:

Here a quick guide file he made. This will be added to the main documentation:

Cinemachine guide file

I have added an option in the mission system to allow to activate a mission when the player achieves one task or the whole mission without activating the mission previously, via talking with an NPC, or getting a mission from an NPC, a mission board or walking through a trigger (ignore the mission name and text, I used a previous mission for the example).

An example of this is a mission where you need to kill 3 enemies and no mission about it has been found by the player yet, but he kills one of those 3 enemies. In that case, the mission is activated, with one of the tasks complete, having to kill the other two AI to complete the mission. Same will happen if the mission is just kill one enemy, adding that info to the player’s mission log and setting that mission as complete at the same time.

No problem. Very excited with this new update, any new progress with these and other elements will be shown here and on discord.

Regards.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    magique and Peppo87 like this.