Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

70% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.7%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

29.8%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.3%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.3%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.2%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.8%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.8%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.2%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Oh, sorry to hear that. Well, melee combat will definetively be added very soon, so maybe for another project it could be useful haha.

Hope your projecte goes well (can we know more about it?).

Regards.

2. magique

magique

Yeah, I'll definitely consider this for a future project.

It's an RPG/Adventure game, but I can't say more than that at this time.

3. Bob3000

Bob3000

I can tell you 5.63 is running fine. I'm shipping/supporting previous projects on this version still. In reality not many people always use the latest version for development anyway.

4. magique

magique

You mean you import the latest GKC into 2017 and then copy to 5.6.3 and it doesn't have any issues?

5. sr388

sr388

Yeah, I don't like neither to use latest versions, usually, I prefer to wait to see if everything works properly. There have been some issues with unity updates (not a big deal, but especially, some related to UI in new unity version, for example, in 5.6, with dinamyc list of elements).

Thanks again for the interest. About the project, cool, feel free to tell about it once you are able.

I think that unity doesn't allow to open newer versions of projects into older unity versions, right? (or at least, references can be lost or elements can be broken).

Regards.

6. magique

magique

That's what I thought, but @Bob3000 seemed to indicate it was working so I wondered how.

7. Bob3000

Bob3000

I have no 2017, only 5.63 Pro. As far as I can tell things work fine, sure those 2017 features(if any) may not work but I don't notice any thing unusual.

I do plan to upgrade Unity as the development progresses, but never care about the latest version & always a few steps behind, as a matter of fact like you said, major studio's consoles never support the latest & untested versions of Unity or anything, I found that out long ago.

8. magique

magique

OK, so you must have imported a previous GKC version that was built for 5.6 because Asset Store doesn't allow importing newer packages into older Unity versions.

9. Bob3000

Bob3000

It doesn't allow you to?
    For me if the assets in uploaded with a newer version of Unity, I may get a warning that's all, I can still choose to proceed.

There are tons of plugins that either too old of too new in the store, I have never had any problems importing them. Please take a look at maybe a setting that prevent you from importing mismatch version of assets. The store should not deny you from importing because as developers we need to hack stuff.

You may also want to ask Unity for support. Good luck!

10. magique

magique

I've had many problems loading mismatched versions so I wouldn't trust that process at all.

11. Bob3000

Bob3000

Yeah probably a good idea to stay on the right version as stability is number one, certification on Nintendo is probably as harsh too.
    I'm using GKC on 5.63 at the moment but I won't ship anything on it, when all things are ready maybe its Unity 2019, who knows.

magique likes this.
  12. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

Sorry but the keyboard controls are not working at all except for the menu controls doesn't move with the WASD controls or shoot with the mouse only moves with the joystick and unplugging the joystick or gamepad makes no difference

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  13. sr388

sr388

Mmmm really interesting, I thought that importing new projects into older editor version were almost impossible, good to know.

I will check that right now, to see if there were any problem uploading the project to the store or some configuration is incorrect.

Vampyr_Engel likes this.
  14. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

OK Thank you`

15. sr388

sr388

I have checked the asset version into a new project and all controls work correctly.

Have you added or configure new actions in the custom Input Manager component? In that case, go to the inspector and press the button Load From File. In other case, press the button Save To File to overwrite the previous input file that maybe could cause the issue.

upload_2018-4-3_1-11-34.png

Also, make sure to use a workjing path if you are using the Load File option with a relative path setting (you can also try to remove that file if you are using it, to avoid problems, thought it shouldn't be the cause):

upload_2018-4-3_1-14-1.png

Tell me if this works or not.

Regards.

16. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

PK I will so that

17. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

OK I guess this is not in the demos?

18. sr388

sr388

Yes, you can do this in any demo, or by dropping the GKC_Prefab into a new scene. Inside that prefab, the gameObject Character is the one with that inspector.

upload_2018-4-3_1-30-22.png

19. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

OK Tried it and this is what I am getting

20. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

And I am getting this

[QUOTE
    nassignedReferenceException: The variable vehicleWeaponsSwipePosition of vehicleHUDInfo has not been assigned.
    You probably need to assign the vehicleWeaponsSwipePosition variable of the vehicleHUDInfo script in the inspector.
    UnityEngine.Transform.get_position () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/TransformBindings.gen.cs:27)
    vehicleWeaponSystem.setHudZone () (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Vehicles/vehicleWeaponSystem.cs:1149)
    vehicleWeaponSystem.Start () (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Vehicles/vehicleWeaponSystem.cs:103)

][/QUOTE]

That might be be me though

21. sr388

sr388

It is due to the new faction system for AI.

Do you have any npc/AI without a Character Faction Component? In that case, add in the same object where they have the rest of controller component (all humanoid characters have this component in the same object that Player Controller script).

Once it is added, press the button Get Faction List and select the faction of that character.

upload_2018-4-3_2-36-0.png
    Also, check in the Character gameObject the Faction System inspector to configure the relations between your characters according to what you need.

upload_2018-4-3_2-37-26.png
    I think is due to you are using a controller created with the previous version, which needs to be updated to the new version (due to it has new components, values and elements configured in the inspector that didn't exist in prevvious version). For this, create the character again with your model, or remove that controller and drag and drop the new GKC_Prefab.

Take into account that if you have configured values in the inspector in the previous controller, they will be removed, so you could take captures for example in that case, to configure the new controller values.

I will add this to the documentation.

Tell me if this works or not.

Regards.

22. Vampyr_Engel

Vampyr_Engel

OK no problem I will thanks

sr388 likes this.
  23. neodotca

neodotca

Yeah... this is a reality that every dev have to face, update the controller and other systems. last time i did, it was v.2.3.8a, i always try first to overwrite, but i end up with a lot of errors, so i prefer to delete completely GKC and download the latest V. Right now, it takes me a week to reconnect and rebuild everything in my game.

BTW, i would like to update soon, but i am waiting for the weapon animations like (recharge and maybe others), if you could just add the placeholders? Today, you just can't publish a FPS game without these animations. If you can't do it now... well, i will wait no problem, BTW, thanks for the great job you are doing!

24. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Morning sr388 :)

25. sr388

sr388

Yeah, I would like to get a way to simplify this, but every project is an entire wolrd and I don't know a better way to do this, thought maybe I can find a way in a future version. Maybe some version control program could help with this.

If Doom doesn't need to reload weapons, no one needs them.... just kidding. Yeah, it was already mentioned, and I will try to add them in the new update.

Morning men, just when you send this message, I went to sleep haha.

Btw, yesterday, I started to work on the 2.5d mode to adapt those mechanics that need them (most of the elements in 3d mode worked previously, but a few like aim with weapons need a little adjusment), and this is already adapted to work in this view, so instead a raycast, the player aims inside a circle in all directions, very similar the free aim in samus returns.

2-5dmode.gif

tumblr_orhxonSxR51s8ouhxo4_500.gif

In fact, similar to the demo with the mansion of resident evil, I have made another scene with the main deck of metroid fusion as a level to try the mechanics. Here its current state (it will be complete today, with the map included):

WhatsApp Image 2018-04-03 at 08.31.12.jpeg

Also, in the 2.5d mode, the forward movement toward inside the screen is locked, so the player moves properly to left and right directions too.

Of course, both modes can be changed ingame smoothly from 2.5d to 3d and vice versa, like in the mansion demo.

Another element that will be added is the grab and climb ledge, working in both 3d and 2.5d mode. In a future update, this view could be used for 2d as well.

Regards.

EN_Games, neodotca, Wetw0rx and 3 others like this.
  26. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Hi sr388, Having a problem with plyGame integration since the last update, the integration makes use of 2 scripts a camera bridge script and player controller bridge script which adds a couple more scripts for better parsing with plyGame.

it worked fine up till this last update and then i got this message -

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    IKDrivingSystem.getPassengerGetOffPosition (UnityEngine.GameObject currentPassenger) (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Vehicles/IKDrivingSystem.cs:613)
    vehicleHUDManager.activateDevice () (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Vehicles/vehicleHUDManager.cs:401)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, SendMessageOptions)
    usingDevicesSystem:useDevice() (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Player/usingDevicesSystem.cs:244)
    usingDevicesSystem:Update() (at Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Player/usingDevicesSystem.cs:62)

this happens when i try to use a device in this case I tried to pilot an aircraft, work's fine without the integration script(only needed it cos of the dialogue and quest engine in plyGame) but the moment i add the scripts i get that error every time

NB - if u need to look at the integration script's i can include those too. Might be something your programmer eye's can see that just doesnt make sense to me :)

27. sr388

sr388

Seems like the Using Device System is not setting properly the current vehicle to use and send the driver to the Vehicle Hud Manager, maybe a trigger problem.

Can you send me those scripts to take a look?

Regards.

28. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

first one is called plyGameCameraBridge.cs

using UnityEngine;
    using plyGame;

/// <summary>
    /// Acts as a bridge between the plyGame camera controller and the Third Person Controller camera controller.
    /// </summary>
    public class plyGameCameraBridge : MonoBehaviour
    {
    /// <summary>
    /// Create the plyGame GameGlobals if they aren't already created.
    /// </summary>
    private void Awake()
    {
    GameGlobal.Create();
    }

/// <summary>
    /// Notify the player of the camera component.
    /// </summary>
    private void Start()
    {
    Player.Camera = GetComponent<Camera>();
    }
    }

second one is plyGameControllerBridge.cs

using UnityEngine;
    using plyGame;

/// <summary>
    /// Acts as a bridge between the plyGame character controller and the Third Person Controller character controller.
    /// </summary>
    public class plyGameControllerBridge : PlayerBaseController
    {
    /// <summary>
    /// Set the plyGame Player instance.
    /// </summary>
    new protected void Start()
    {
    base.Start();
    Player.Instance = this;
    }
    }

29. sr388

sr388

Mmm it seems that is not related to these scripts. Must be something for the update. Have you rebuild the player? Also, for vehicles, are you using a vehicle made with a version lower than 2.4b?

30. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

i rebuilt player and aircraft is current. There are also 2 other scripts which are added to the player controller but i cant seem to find them in my project so probably encoded or something :( but one is for persistence and the other holds actor/player data, skills and factions.

Player and ship work fine until i add the scripts above and the extra 2 scripts that get added so i dont think its your code per se

31. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Also quick question, I noticed quest and dialogue are not on the polls list... does that mean it's in the kit already?

32. sr388

sr388

We can use teamviewer or similar to take a look at the project and find the issue.

No, they are not in the poll because they are being made right now. The poll is for features to be added after that update (thought some of them are being added too) to know people opinion.

Regards.

33. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

This is a huge update and that Metroid level looks sick!

I'll be hard at work rebuilding my game again so I'll let you know if I run into any issues.

The UI is still acting wierd but nothing too devastating.
    Vehicles from 2.4a don't work anymore so here we go again lol. I'm getting really good and fast at this. Also, any inputs that have been added/changed will have to be redone instead of load from file.

I think I'm gonna also take the plunge and upgrade Unity before I rebuild. Let's see how that goes.

So far each build has gotten bigger, more detailed and interactive. I can't wait to ride around with other Ethans.
    Awesome work.

neodotca and sr388 like this.
  34. sr388

sr388

Thanks men, I am working in the climb ledge system using the metroid level.

Yeah, it is the bad part of new versions, I wish there would be an easy way to update a previous version of the asset quickly.

Regards.

neodotca and Wetw0rx like this.
  35. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

It's cool. Every build gets better. This is a good workflow for me. I've learned to keep certain parts of my game separate and every time I rebuild I collect more and more solid parts for the next build.
    I come from modding Fallout and Space Engineers. Both are a nightmare to work on compared to Unity and GKC.

36. neodotca

neodotca

The 2.5d mode look very cool.

And can't wait to see these new animations in action, it's going to give more life to my game, thanks!

sr388 likes this.
  37. sr388

sr388

Thanks for letting me know, I am really happy that the asset is getting better to use. It allows to me to work quicker and better too.

Haha, cool, I didn't know you are a modder, what kind of mods have you done?

And it is getting better quickly.

I have been working in the climb ledge system (thought the animation to climb is not the best), but it is already working, but needs some more work.

grab ledge.gif

Also, I have configured the grab object system to work in this view too.

2-5dmode grab objects.gif

Finally, I have added the typical control to make the player look toward left or right smoothly according to the input pressed just once (if the player is looking to left and you press slightly to the right, he looks toward that direction).

look to left and right2.gif

Oh, btw, the basic level for this demo is almost finished, and I have started to add the map parts.

upload_2018-4-4_6-13-36.png

upload_2018-4-4_6-16-42.png
    At this speed, the 2.5d mode will be finished before the end of the week. I will place all the prefabs into this new scene to make sure everything works properly. Also, I would like to add a camera limit for up, down, left and right, to adjust camera position inside the current room, but with perspective camera maybe can be more difficult (for orthographic I have already a system really easy).

After this, the next will be top down, isometric and point and click. The coolest part is that all these modes will be changed smoothly in the same game, so you can combine all of them if you feel a little like Yoko Taro mixing genres xd.

Regards.

EN_Games, Mighty183, Wetw0rx and 4 others like this.
  38. Bob3000

Bob3000

Being able to climb ledge is good, it will be used much more often than super powers.
    Animation quality is important but some of us will be replacing the default GKC animations with our own whenever possible, so giving us slots & abilities to use these animation would be nice, even when you not yet have copyrighted ones to include in GKC.

The ability to play an animation when press E to MadMax into a buggy would be awesome. I know Battlefields only E in & out of vehicles for the first 10+ years, but time has changed.

I notice currently walking animation is played when set around 0.6, but when press Run it would just play a "fast walk" instead of the running animation.

Most existing animations are good & useful. It helps a lot.

39. sr388

sr388

Yeah, I really would like to have better animations, but I am more programmer than artist xd.

But now seriously, I know most of developers use their own animations and like you said, I want to improve the animator and configure more easily all the variables and animations managed by it.

Also, I would like to get new animations to improve the general look of the controller, if I am able to get a better income (unfortunately, GKC isn't getting as much sales as I would like, thought I won't stop working on it never and improve its features), I would search a freelance artist to make new ones.

And yes, I want to add an enter exit animation for vehicles too now that I have started to use matchtarget for animations.

Btw, I have started to search how to make a node editor. It is the system that I will use to make the dialog and mission system. Once it is done, it could be extended for more systems.

Regards.

40. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

You remember me telling you about axis game factory's marketing model r388 :) they started with a basic world creation toolkit for unity, over time they made a standalone version for the steam market and included basic action adventure kit, added a fps zombie kit and finally a drone combat sci fi kit. most although available for unity where aimed at steam make a game over a weekend crowd and sold fairly well.

Unity asset store is nice but if you think of it many developers will abandon they are projects before completion, many more know the competition is too steep. Of all who started a project in hobbyist fashion this year barely ten percvent will stick with it by next year.

My suggestion even as it is will be to make it a standalone but complete package for the steam crowd. Don't go early access just promise support and mix in free expansions with paid major updates.

And finally retire early :) and live off the interest... run a few competitions for best game leading up to holiday season and if you can make a standalone player so anybody on steam can play the games made by other steam users uploaded thru the workshop. even have a premium store you get a percentage from for players whose games are truly outstanding.

Updates on unity asset store then carry over in a month or so after unity store before next update.

41. Bob3000

Bob3000

I understand, we all know how tough the competition & market condition is, whether its a game or a framework for games. It may not just work & meet our expectations right away, but some eventually will, if we work hard enough & keep trying.

When games that using your framework generating attention, you will also get notice. I encourage you too include some GKC powered games where applicable. The other guys do that too.

When our game have media to show, I'll send you the links so you can decide if its useful for your own publicity purposes. It won't make GKC looks bad, been doing this as a pro for a long time on AAA, so yes it definitely has the look, with GKC I hope I find the right tool to get the best gameplay possible as well.

eaque, Mark_01, neodotca and 2 others like this.
  42. sr388

sr388

Sounds good. In fact, one of my objectives with this asset is to make a game with it once it covers enough systems.
    But for now, I will focus in keep working on the asset and improve it as much as possible.

Yeah, after 3 years of development with GKC, I am not even close to be tired of work on it, I spend a lof of time with it but it is really funny and it allows me to learn a lot, make my own engine for my future projects, share it with more people, know opinions from users and feedback/suggestions. Of course, there is room to improve things (content, media and doc/tutorials).

And this only make me want to work more and more and harder. And of course, I will show any game powered by GKC. You can be sure you wont regret to use it for your projects.

Regards.

Mark_01, neodotca, Wetw0rx and 2 others like this.
  43. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

I can totally see @tgamorris76 point of view. I think GKC has a bright future anyway you slice it though.
    I have spent years dabbling in modding. I tried to finish all my mods but sometimes an update would break it and I would be forced to abandon it.
    With Unity, it's all up to me.
    No matter how hard, how long it takes or the competition, if you've got an idea for a game, don't give up.
    I play so many games, there could never be too many of them.
    Find what makes your idea unique and focus on it.
    My mods included a full remix of fallout new vegas and fallout 3, some quality of life mods for space engineers (all broken lol) and tweaks for Skyrim. Some were on the nexus and some were sorta popular for a while but I've always dreamed of making a full game. After so much work for nothing, I consider it a learning experience and rely on it for confidence going forward.
    I'm totally dedicated and wanna encourage anyone else with these dev dreams. Next month will mark one year of using Unity for me and I'm just getting started. Learning C# and letting go of the gamebryo/creation engine ways was so liberating and GKC has been an awesome guide. I'm not sure where this journey will take me but I'm excited about the results so far. I know this is a corny post but to anyone feeling overwhelmed don't give up. Let's make awesome games and show these AAAs why their multi-gazillion dollar games mostly suck and why the indie game market is growing so fast. (Fresh ideas not money hungry formulas and clones). Besides, Steam is full of crappy games. If they can do it, we can too.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  44. neodotca

neodotca

One guy studio with a project with a lot of systems and features to work on, so you should be careful when you choose your priorities.

How to sale more GKC in the shortest time, I think, you should pay close attention to the top sellers that are in direct competition with you, what do they do better than you?

1- They have a better design, so you should buy assets, models, animations... everything you need, there's a lot of free and low price stuff out there that can be used in any kind of commercial projects.

2- They have a lot of animations and nice models.

Buy some visibility with ads on the asset store maybe, that can help.
    I think those should be your priorities if you want more sales, good luck!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    sr388 and Wetw0rx like this.
  45. Mighty183

Mighty183

SS3l.gif

Hey sr388, just wanted to pop in and say I love your commitment to the asset you're working on.
    I'm really excited about the upcoming 2.5d mode (and point and click!). I, myself, am currently making a 2.5d retro looking, modern playing, metroidvania, platform shooter. The footage above is a mixture of my own coding extending some other 2D platformer asset kits.
    However, extending a 2D package into a 3D game seemed like the wrong way to go about it after a couple of prototypes since things like physics, vehicles and 3D segments would basically require me to do everything anyway.
    So my next plan was to use GKC and limit it back to a 2D game myself (removing the limits in certain areas where the player could travel/shoot into the background and foreground).

It's really great to see you've done exactly what I was looking to do myself! =)
    I'll keep you updated with any feedback I have once the new version releases.

46. sr388

sr388

Yeah, like I said, after three years, I only want to keep going and make this asset better, no matter what.

Also, I love to work with unity and developing games and tools, the rest of jobs make me really unhappy and boring me to death (they have barely or zero passion like in videogames, is just like working in a factory moving a lever again and again).

Btw, congratulations for your first year with unity (I have 4 and I feel like barely touch the potential of the engine). Never stop to make awesome things with unity.

Yeah, I check the asset store most of the days to see what assets are selling more and new ones (though I don't used to follow tendencies about new features).

But yes, you are totally right, one the weakness of the asset is its appareance, it looks boring and simple due to its models and captures (it is the main problem of the programmers xd). But this will change and will get better models soon, you can be sure.

Thanks to both, @Wetw0rx and @neodotca for your messages :)

Regards.

neodotca and Wetw0rx like this.
  47. sr388

sr388

Hi @Mighty183. Thanks for your comment and interest in the asset.

Yeah, I thought I wouldn't able to work on the 2.5d until later this year, but I have decided to do it now due to it won't take too much time and it will make the asset more complete and diverse (and also, because really like this kind of games and couldn't resist to work on systems for it).

Btw, really cool looking in that gif (now I understand your user name haha).

I know that feel, I am working in a 2d game and I think that soon I will use GKC to extend the 2.5d mode for 2d to make the engine for that game due to similar reasons.

Also, all the features of GKC in 3d mode will work in 2.5d mode (even vehicles) and there will be smooth transitions between free 3d mode, locked camera and 2.5 mode (and the rest of views), so the view and movement can for example, be changed from a game like samus returns to another locked but "free" like little nigthmares.

Regards.

48. Razmot

Razmot

While you are doing climb / ledge grab, can you design / set up a generic system for adding new movements ? I'm thinking about the basics: crouch and prone.

Here's what needs to be done for crouch, from my experience:
    - playing an animation
    - changing the movement speed
    - changing the camera relative position - at least height
    - applying temporary changes to the collider center / radius / height (and collider direction for prone)
    - ensuring the head doesn't enter the ceiling, that you can't crouch/prone under something and then stand up to traverse geometry (classic !)
    - Testing how the camera works in a "crouch-only" corridor and in a "prone-only" corridor (But I think you should use the cinemachine 3rd person rig asap !)

For the climbing:
    I think it would be very good to have a procedural / IK system that lets you grab the next "anchor/grab waypoint" in reach, whether it's a ladder rung or just an empty gameobject ( for example we would set up climb points on a climbable wall that fits the setup ). Another use case is climbing poles vertically + horizontally.

Wetw0rx and sr388 like this.
  49. sr388

sr388

Yeah, a system to add generic action as you need could be added for the climb ledge system and be used for new actions.

Also, what you said for crouch is already done: the camera is changed to another position (using the camera state system), the collider of the player is adjusted to a certain height and center, the player can't get up if the ceil is too low (there are two places into the standard demo where test the only crouch places).

crouch.gif

For prone, it will be done as well once I get new animations and will work as crouch and prone (like you said exactly).

About climbing, you are very right, that will be the first approach to make it. There will be an option to climb a surface freely (with an option to configure if a surface can be climbed or not) and another to make waypoints. This same system will be used to climb ladders and poles as well.

Btw, yesterday I kept working on the 2.5d system, the player already walks backward in aim mode.

walk aim2.gif
    Next will be make the player able to jump while he aims too and an offset for the camera to look to left or right according to the player look direction.

Also, I am removing the old sendmessage from the health components and adding unity events for damage/death functions. These will be used to configure a function to make the characters drop their weapons if they receive damage in a certain spot, like arms. In that case, they will change to their next weapon and if they lost all the weapons, they will search the closes one in the level. Another cool option will be to add an option to configure a random behaviour to choose to surrender for example.

Finally, I made a really great improvement in the gravity system, setting a rotation point in the players's gravity center when the player is rotated to a new surface, make this a lot smoother than before.

gravity.gif
    gravity4.gif

gravity3.gif
    In 2.5d I noticed that this can be improved and the gravity system is almost adapted for this mode (just a few tweaks in the locked camera, most of 2.5d modifications are really light over the systems that use them).

Regards.

Mark_01, EN_Games, Razmot and 2 others like this.
  50. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Another quick update.

Today, I have been working on the AI.

With the health system, I have configured an armed AI to drop its current weapon he receives damage in any of its arms (or any other body part). When this happens, this AI draws another weapon if he has more available. In other case, he searches for the closest one in the scene (it is checked if he can reaches it) and go for it. Once he has a weapon again, he will attack to his target.

I think that to avoid that he take the previous weapon dropped that he had previously (in the case he had one and now none), maybe an option to destroy the weapon dropped would be useful, so if the player want to use the weapon of the enemy, he needs to be careful to not shoot at it. I think that I will add that option.

In another update, that same weapon could be grabbed into the inventory as a broken weapon that can be repared with the regular stuff that the player can get here and there (similar to games where the weapons can be damaged and repared, like dying light).

Also, an issue with the enemy combat type where he didn't move properly to its target has been fixed.

Finally, I have added an option for vehicles, when the player presses the horn, the friend AI already found will go back to the vehicle with the player. Also, another option to call not found AI can be used, using a radius with the vehicle as center, but this can make the enemies to notice the vehicle and attack it.

Tomorrow, I will keep working on the 2.5d mode.

Here a short video with these elements.

Regards.

Baconation4 and tgamorris76 like this.