Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

70% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.7%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

29.8%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.3%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.3%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.2%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.8%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.8%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.2%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Weird but problem seems to not be from the cursor script as it lands on say a cube, but on terrain after i land i can't get out of the airplane, it doesn't happen when i take off and land on a flat plane or a large cube(landing pad) in the same level.

2. sr388

sr388

Do you mean the issue related to the free cursor on vehicles? I haven't been able to test it yet, but this week I will check it out and make sure the cursor can be free without problem on vehicles ;)

Btw, here the video with more content and tests from the option to break through objects for projectiles.

Regards.

tgamorris76 likes this.
  3. neoshaman

neoshaman

Random thing, is it possible to have a disarm like in perfect dark? I mean either punching to disarm or shooting the weapon directly in the hand of the opponent.

Wetw0rx, sr388 and hopeful like this.
  4. sr388

sr388

That actually sounds really cool and it is really easy to add.

It would work too with the mode for the AI to look for weapons if they are disarmed, so if the weapons mode is selected on that AI and he hasn't a weapon or ammo, he would look in the level to find the closest one.

Added in the todo list.

I would like to add damage animations for charaters too, so all these elements would work together.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Let's get back to work on the factions system for AI.

Regards.

5. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

I created a new character and that seems to have sorted the problem out, might have been using a player from a previous version of GKC .

6. sr388

sr388

Mmmm I see, happy to hear it work now.

For example, the cursor is free and visible in vehicles when the key to show vehicle controls is active (if I am not wrong, it is J key in the version 2.4a). This is the vehicle controls menu:

upload_2018-3-6_3-35-32.png

Even if the player gets off from vehicle in this mode, the menu is disabled and the cursor is locked and hidden.

Regards.

tgamorris76 likes this.
  7. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Another progress update.

The faction system is already added. It allows to configure the relation between all the characters in the game, for example a faction for the player, another for friend soldiers, enemy soldiers, etc…..configure if these groups are friends, enemies or neutral, group by group and relation by relation. This system is used for AI to know if it can attack or not to another character, so the tag system is not used anymore.

At the same time, it has options to change the relation type if one character of a faction attacks another, so the attacked character can be turned into an enemy for the character who attacked him or turn the whole faction into an enemy. These options allows to turn groups into friends too or any type of relation.

Here a gif of how to configure these relations:

FACTION.gif

And then, just add another component in every character to select the faction where belongs.

The next is use this system in emerald.

Also, I have added a new weapon to repair objects, give energy, fuel and heal to vehicles, heal and energy to characters, .... transfer any of these elements to another. This weapon can also take these elements to gather them as ammo to use it into other object, so you can “damage” it to take its energy/fuel/heal to give it to another object or character.

Similar to the ability system for projectiles, it uses the ability system for weapons, so new behaviours can be added very easily to get weapons that maybe don't shot projectiles but have other kind of actions, like in this case, being really easy to configure them throught unity events.

Here a couple of gifs:

In this one, the car is about to explode, so the player gets health from another vehicle

arma nueva 5.gif
    Here, the car has 0 fuel, so it is taken from another and given to it.

arma nueva 10.gif

Some effects for this weapon, like some kind or laser and particles, will be added along with configurable cursors for every weapon.

I would like to have the update 2.4b ready for the end of the week.

Regards.

8. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Just a couple of gifs to show the faction systems, in this case, the options to turn friends into enemies if you attack them.

For this, there are two modes, turn into an enemy only the character who attacked or the whole faction, so all of them will threat that character as enemy.

With the first option, the character who was attacked remembers his attacker, so every time he is inside his range, he will attack.

faction 4.gif

faction 3.gif
    With the second option, those characters who belong to the same faction that becomes enemy of the attacker and have that attacker in their range, will attack him.

faction 2.gif

faction 1.gif

faction 5.gif

Of course, if you attack a friend, this dissapears from the list manager menu to give order to him.

I will add an option to check friendly fire too, to turn that characters into enemies.

Regards.

neodotca, tgamorris76 and hopeful like this.
  9. TalkieTalkie

TalkieTalkie

Thinking of buying this but, if you buy this asset, will there be free lifetime updates (like Voxeland) or suddenly we will be charged for new version like some Third Person controller developers are doing on store?

Also, is this integrated with Behavior Designer, Adventure Creator and ORK by any chance? (or any plans to integrate soon?)

Just curious.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  10. sr388

sr388

Hi @TalkieTalkie.

Thanks for your interest in the asset.

There wont be payed updates of any kind, every update will be totally free for all users, like the previous three years. And I have 0 intention to stop working on this asset, so a lot more of updates will come.

About integrations, not yet with those assets, the first one was emerald AI and I am adding the new faction system from above posts to the integration.

But of course, more assets will be integrated and another poll will be done in this forum to know the more useful assets that users would like to have with GKC.

Regards.

tgamorris76 and TalkieTalkie like this.
  11. TalkieTalkie

TalkieTalkie

Sounds good, thanks. :)

I would definitely love integration with Adventure Creator and ORK in the future. Pretty useful to have a controller with so many features working with them since from the videos, this asset would do wonders for games made with those two assets (esp. ORK, I think only one 3rd person controller is sort of integrated with it).

I must say, this asset looks pretty well made so far, impressive features. Is the UI shown in videos (for computers to PDA) completely customizable?

PS: Has anyone tested/used GKC with ORK or Adventure Creator at all? I would like to know because I've bought so many controllers in past and they seem to not work at all with those assets. I just wanna be sure this time. What about Playmaker integration too? Haha, just wanna be sure I won't end up with another controller that will never work with other assets I use. :p

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    sr388 and tgamorris76 like this.
  12. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Dude, you're a BEAST!! Keep up the good work. I've got a sweet workflow going for adding vehicles and weapons. All the new options within the controller are really streamlining the process. I noticed that the first person camera for the Aircraft allows the player to look right 90 degrees but can only look left about 40 degrees by default. Easy fix but I thought I'd point it out.

I can't believe you've gotten so many things added so fast. The GIF of the new bullet ballistics is so cool. AAAAND of course that multi tool/ healing tool is the bees knees. MEDIC!!

13. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Hi sr388 :) just wondered which update has vehicles? got a buggy i'm trying to get into my ship :)

sr388 likes this.
  14. sr388

sr388

Thank you very much for your comment. Yeah, the UI elements can be changed as you need. Same for 3d models, the meshes are used to be placed in the hierarchy to be easily changed.

Also, in new updates I am automatizing these process, so with a few clicks, new models can be placed (for example, for inventory objects and weapons is already possible for upcoming update 2.4b).

I know Adventure Creator and I always have had curiosity to try it. I could talk with the developers to see how long it used to take to other controllers to make an integration between both.

I have planned to add options to configure similar game style to Adventure Creator too (for example, point and click system).

About ORK, I didn't know that asset but seems pretty cool aswell.

Definetively, I want to integrate more assets with GKC and focus for a time in that task. There are some elements that I would like to add and improve in my asset first, to make a framework as solid as possible, easy to customize, more modular and extendable (the main objective is to literally cover everything a game could need). But you can bet your ass that more integrations will come.

Thanks man, really happy to hear that. Workflow is one of the main focus that I have right now. For example, the new pocket system for weapons it is allowing me to add new ones with new behaviours or crazy projectiles in a matter of minutes (you can expect a ton of cool weapons for the next udpate after 2.4b xd).

I will check the aircraft camera ;)

I love how the piercing projectiles work, not expected to make them so fast with just a few additions to the projectile system. Can't wait to add a sniper weapon and the use of bullet time, wind, and realistic options to get multiple kill and headshots. With the options to the health system, I will add an option to blow characters head on impact, don't think any healing can solve that xd.

Just like right now I am working on improving weapons but the main update for them will be the next one after 2.4b (judging by the poll results), I will work on that option for vehicles in that same update even if it is not focused on vehicles ;)

Regards.

15. TalkieTalkie

TalkieTalkie

Nice. I think a lot of people will be happy if GKC works well with AC, ORK and Playmaker. Pretty sure a lot of guys are using these assets and considering most controllers out there don't support them, GKC could become the goto choice (esp. with the low price and lifetime updates).

Anyway, I am gonna buy it now to support integrations/development. Looking forward to the updates. :)

16. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Welcome to the GKC club Talkie :) @sr388, was thinking about vehicles in vehicles. Possible solution i thought might be to have a palet(like in modern large cargo planes.. c130 hercules, c5 galaxy), a flat pad with a box collider set to trigger that disables all scripts and makes the prefab a child of the palet when a vehicle enters the trigger leaving the model and colliders. Dunno if weight of vehicle will affect the aircraft/spaceship handling?

ATM im playing with a system where i drive the vehicle in and a button on the palet gives the option to lock down the vehicle(buggy) which destroys the prefab and instantiates a static model in its place. same terminal destroys the static model and instantiates a working vehicle prefab in its place when i need the vehicle anymore. But its cumbersome and only works for a particular vehicle

Wetw0rx and sr388 like this.
  17. sr388

sr388

Yeah, AC and Playmaker will be definetively integrated into GKC and I will check more about ORK.

Thanks for the support :D

Welcome to the family, son.

Yeah, I thought about something similar, the vehicle in the cargo needs to be parented into the bigger vehicle, or inside of one of its child, and probably disable some scripts or better, pause some of their functions, to make sure there are not problems (not sure about the weight, sometimes colliders added to vehicles can make a change in the center of mass or something similar, I will try it while I work on this).

That won't be necessary, a trigger with a new cargo component can be used and if the vehicle is inside of it and the player gets off, the vehicle will know that is in a cargo and it will disable some of its states and parent inside the cargo (and viceversa if the player gets on). It will be easy and quick to add if everything works fine.

Btw, yesterday, another option was added for inventory: combine objets. This is a must have for any kind of inventory. I have tried to make it as simple as possible and I think it has been achieved, in fact, it barely need additions in the inventory manager code.

So, to use it, just configure a new property called Can Be Combined in the Inventory List Manager, the object which it can be combined, the combined object that you get and a message. For example, I have created two halfs of a cog, left and right.

upload_2018-3-9_17-43-6.png

2.PNG
    And the full cog combined.

3.PNG
    And you can already use them in the inventory menu, if you have both objects, you can combine them.

If you want to combine more than two objects, for example a third piece for the cog, just configure the object to combine the full cog with the final piece in the Inventory List Manager.

Finally, I have configured a locked door where you need to use a full cog and the left half of another to open it. This configuration hasn't changed, is the same that befere the combination option. Also, it checks if there is enogh space in the inventory to store the combined object. Here the gif:

combine3.gif

I have also added an option for the door system to use animations instead of rotate or translate every panel door, so you can use any of these three open/close modes.

Regards.

18. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Yeah, I thought about something similar, the vehicle in the cargo needs to be parented into the bigger vehicle, or inside of one of its child, and probably disable some scripts or better, pause some of their functions, to make sure there are not problems (not sure about the weight, sometimes colliders added to vehicles can make a change in the center of mass or something similar, I will try it while I work on this).

I have the palet parented to the Model of the aircraft. Problem i have is with the player still inside the vehicle when it enters the collider bounds i do not know which scripts to disable which would still allow my player to exit the vehicle. sorry but not too good at programming :(

If the script could test to see if player is in vehicle before disabling components it would be perfect. Drive unto palet, step out of car knowing its auto maticaly locked down.

And yea, i realised i had to parent the vehicle, it was easier disabling the vehicle gameobject and instantiating the static model. still a stop gap tho...f

19. sr388

sr388

Of course, don't worry, it will be added after the udpate 2.4b which is almost finished. So vehicles in cargo will work flawless ;)

Regards.

tgamorris76 likes this.
  20. hopeful

hopeful

@sr388 - BTW, congrats on being featured in the latest Unity emailer. :)

neodotca and tgamorris76 like this.
  21. sr388

sr388

Maybe I would look dumb haha, but can you tell more about that?

tgamorris76 likes this.
  22. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

GKC got featured as a killer asset :) sent evryone an email showcasing a few of the best assets. GKC was one

sr388 likes this.
  23. sr388

sr388

I didn't knew that, at least, I haven't found any message about it or that email itself xd. Cool, thanks @hopeful and @tgamorris76 for letting me know.

Wetw0rx likes this.
  24. hopeful

hopeful

sr388 likes this.
  25. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

The combine feature is a great addition. All the new tweaks to the inventory system are helping me out a lot. I'm trying to develop a system for equiping clothes/armor on the character but its getting complicated. Problem is, I would like clothes to affect some player status (like a jacket would warm you up in a cold area). I'm not sure what to add first. Maybe I can dress the character from the inventory menu or I may need to create a whole other "character menu" for this purpose with a 3d preview of the character. Also, how to tie, weather or zone data, player status and armor together to get the whole thing working? My head is spinning just thinking about it. So yeah, I've been watching the inventory menu improvements closely, eager to test.

Vehicles inside vehicles is something I've been trying to work out too. So far, I've managed to get a cargo container to parent to a ship but its a clumsy proof of concept. Basically, my cargo ship has an empty game object and a collider trigger in the area where it stores cargo. Any object of a certain tag that comes into that collider will parent to the empty game object. It works for the most part. I had to add a piece of code to turn off the rigidbody in the container or it would cause trouble. A button unparents the cargo and turns its rigidbody back on. I haven't tried a vehicle yet but I imagine turning off its vehicle HUD component might work similarly during transport.

If I'm remembering correctly, I changed the code a bit to turn off the vehicle HUD component when pressing H key for a hoverbike I was messing with. It caused the bike to turn off but also fall to the ground which is what I was going for. This might be ok for a parented vehicle in vehicle as well (turning off the Vehicle HUD component). Although the rigidbody physics of GKC vehicles is way more complex than the container in my first example, lol. I got stuck thinking of a good way to hook into the vehicle controller to check if the player was in it or not to enable/disable parent. I was gonna check for the isDriving bool (or something like that) but never got around to it.

I was kinda hoping that there could be a universal component that could be added to any object for parenting one thing to another. For towing vehicles, cargo boxes, AIs, etc. I feel like there is a better, more generic way to do this so I stopped. Since the gravity power allows you to temporarily attach two items to each other, I was studying the code for it to get ideas but no dice. I look forward to seeing how the wizard gets it done. Probably with like a single line of code lmao...

sr388 likes this.
  26. sr388

sr388

Cool, thanks for telling me. I think it was due to there were javascript files in that asset (which is deprecated now), they would have updated the code. Noice.

Thanks, I really like how these options are working.

I think the best option would be to add the clothes/armor as regular inventory objects, or maybe as a second inventory list and add a secondary menu in the main inventory menu (which can be opened and closed from the main inventory) with the player model as preview and these clothes/armor.

So if you select one of these elements, the cloth is placed or removed from the player. Of couse, for these new elements, new fields would be added to the inventory object class to configure the stats of the cloth, like warm value, extra health and armor value, maybe some curse, extra damage, etc..

Also, a new system could be done to configure the different zones of the game (with a trigger/bound system), like temperature, wind, wheater, zone type, maybe even cause damage with a rate for poison, radiactive zones (this could be also the same system used for vehicles, like planes). And all these elements combined to work together, so according to the zone and what the player is wearing, different things will happen (very similar to how breath of the wild works, which is something that I wanted to try).

Added in the todo list xd. In fact, it is easy to achieve (practically, I have already structured in my head), the only "difficult" part is make the clothes to be placed into the player. And I say "difficult" due to I haven't worked on make humanoid models yet, or in this case, cloth. But the rest of the system could be done in a matter of a couple of weeks, maybe less. I have seen some tutorials to add cloth to 3d models, so I am not worried, the whole system is pretty achievable.

Maybe, this system will be added for update 2.5.

Yeah, you and @tgamorris76 are pretty close to make it, maybe even the "official" solution comes haha.

I haven't added it yet due to I am finishing of close some ongoing elements for the current systems in the update 2.4b, like inventory and weapons and I want to focus on that first.

About HUD, do you mean to disable it while you use a vehicle, for a cleaner screen? I can add an option to configure if the HUD on vehicles are shown or not (for example, vehicle bars: energy, health, fuel and weapon are hidden if these values are infinite and if the vehicle has not weapons).

I am not sure if a component to parent vehicles would be useful, due to the the condition to parent objects would be different for different situations (gravity, get on/off vehicles, cargo, ....), but I will find the best way to make the cargo system on vehicles.

You are a wizard, Harry.

Regards.

27. neoshaman

neoshaman

Mask the triangle list of the overlapping mesh, rebuild the visible mesh without them, send it to renderer. Other solution like forcing to cut the mesh in part or using alpha are either tedious or expensive.

sr388 likes this.
  28. Timur2015

Timur2015

Hello. When will the video lesson on adding new weapons? How to make so that after the cutscene Timeline the built-in Unity control passed back to the player?

29. sr388

sr388

That seems interesting to make. I will try that solution. Thanks for suggest it.

Hi @Timur2015.

The explanation to add new weapons is already added in the documentation, though that file version is for the update 2.4b which is almost finished and will be published in the next days.

This is due for version 2.4b, some elements to add new weapons, like custom inspectors options and buttons have been improved and automatized respect to current version on the store, allowing a much better and easier workflow.

Like always, every new documentation version is added into the main post of this forum almost every week, until a new asset update is published, so it is included into that new asset version too.

Here the last version of this doc file.

About timeline, it is not added yet, but for update 2.5, which is in process, it will be included to make smooth cinematics/gameplay transition.

Videos will come once this documentation is complete.

Regards.

30. neoshaman

neoshaman

Just don't touch to vertices list, triangle are dependent on their ordering, but nothing is dependent on triangle list, so you can basically recompile the list from "partial list" to get the final mesh list to render. It's also simpler because manipulating triangle list is cheap, you just cache or merge.

sr388 likes this.
  31. sr388

sr388

Of course, I will tell the progress with the cloth/armor as soon as I start it, can't wait for it. Thanks for these advices, is very probably that I ask you something about it while I work on it.

Btw, today, I have been included the option for vehicles to configure and use different seats, instead of the current version, which only allows to configure one.

So this system checks the closest seat to the character that gets on and place him on that seat.

Also, this include a passanger manager for vehicles, so only one seat will be the driver and the one who turn on and off the vehicle, while the others just get off and on from it and also, if the vehicle is full of passengers, no more people will be able to enter.

So this option will allow to get off and on for AI and in a future update, other players when the split screen and online are included. Of course, an extra option will allow to the player to always be the driver, no matter the closes seat to him.

I have almost ready the system for AI to being able to get off/on from vehicles and it will be included on update 2.4b, though they won't be able to drive yet, but they will go with the player. and the option to wait for friends manager will make them to wait on the car.

Here a couple of gifs with the player able to sit on four different seats in the same vehicle according to his position.

seats1.gif

seats2.gif

seats3.gif

Also, the system to check if a passenger can get off (there are not obstacles) has been improved. A few more code optimizations have been done over the whole vehicle system.

Here the video:

Regards.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Razmot and hopeful like this.
  32. neoshaman

neoshaman

mixamo has some entry and exit vehicle animation, while you can't redistribute them, can you test with them if you can support that type of transition?

hopeful likes this.
  33. Razmot

Razmot

For the cloth/armor part, don't end up wasting your time reinventing UMA, since UMA is free, well done and and well maintained ! If you looked at it in the past, the latest version of UMA is way more user friendly. And there is https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/86532 too that opens a lot of possibilities.

hopeful likes this.
  34. sr388

sr388

Of course, like I said, I want to try them, even if they can't be included, but to give the option for other users to use animations to get off/on from vehicles. As soon as I start that update, I will the progress here.

Yeah, I was thinking in just make a few models on blender with some color skins, which reminds me to this Sebastian Lague pg serie:

So nothing too complicated, I prefer to focus in the cloth/armor system itself (how the stats are changed and interact with the game, etc..) that in the models itself, just a couple as an example. And even try UMA and similars to work with them.

Regards.

35. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

quick question sr388, since AI in GKC uses the same projectile as the player, is it possible for friendly AI to hurt Emerald AI enemies?

36. sr388

sr388

Absolutely. But I have to check again emerald with the current version to make it work with the new faction system and check all work perfectly. And this will be done for update 2.4b.

Regards.

tgamorris76 likes this.
  37. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

cant wait to try out the new vehicle seating :) will all vehicles have it? And will the vehicle mounting vehicle be in the update?

sr388 likes this.
  38. sr388

sr388

Yeah, the seat system for vehicles will be included in the upcoming update.. The vehicle mounting vehicle will be in the next, 2.4c, to finish the new version sooner.

EDIT: I forgot to say, yes, all the vehicles will have this seat system, not only the car, which is the current vehicle where I am making and testing it.

Regards.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    tgamorris76 and Wetw0rx like this.
  39. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

The vehicle seats is huge. What a great update.

Armor and clothes stats can be independent of player models. UMA is excellent. I'm using morph 3D and I think an interface to enable/disable clothes pieces can be applied pretty universally. That's the easy part actually. The complicated part comes with the stats and whatnot. Not because it can't be done but (GKC specifically) because it would be awesome to have it all integrated. An overall game manager can serve as a container for some pretty useful stats. Things like hunger, temp, etc can be tricky to move between scenes and even trickier to hook into the inventory.

Even a simple implementation can demystify the process so that the system can be extended or other integrations can be easier. I'm always looking for a way to consolidate and streamline things. Just my newbish 2 cents.

hopeful and sr388 like this.
  40. sr388

sr388

I couldn't be more agree.

What I would like with that system at first is make things simple and easy, without depend on other assets and then add options, like integrate other assets (UMA, morph 3d, etc...) and add more survival elements, like hunger, stamina, recipes, food, crafting, etc...

I am not too much worried to manage these stats between scenes, the save system will manage all these values.

But of course, performance and easy and clean code is one of the main objectives.

I will try UMA and morph when I start to work on the armor/cloth system.

Btw, the AI is already able to get off/on from vehicles. If the player has already found that AI, they are added to the friend list manager. This AI checks if the player is driving or not and set the vehicle as target to reach.

Once the vehicle is reached, they get on in the closest seat. If the player gets off, they do as well, unless the player has given the order to wait, so they will wait in the vehicle, even if the player gets off. The AI also get off from vehicles if the order to attack is given to them.

Once their target to attack is eliminated, they will back to the vehicle, or the player if he is not driving.

I really like how the final result works and I am really curious to see the NPCs driving and see pursuits between factions. For now, even if the player is not driving, the camera movement is assigned to him.

Also, there is an option to make the player always the driver, to avoid the need to move close to the driver seat. But even if you get on as a passenger, the AI comes with you too, this will be used when the AI is able to drive, so the player set in the map a position to go and the AI will drive to that position.

Here a couple of gifs:

seats for ai1.gif

seats for ai2.gif

seats for ai3.gif

seats for ai4.gif

I will make a short video showing better the options. Also, I will integrate the faction system with emerald tomorrow.

Regards.

hopeful and Razmot like this.
  41. neoshaman

neoshaman

As a designer I advise to have some code that support a visual feedback when AI enter the vehicle (ex: a bounce), character just disappearing is weird!

Also what about "attack seat" like in halo? I mean, attach point where a character can hold to break the vehicle or unseat a character, like in halo where chief can attack vehicle by jumping on certain point, or in zombie game where the zombie attach to specific point to chip away health.

hopeful and sr388 like this.
  42. sr388

sr388

Mmmm, actually, a bounce in the vehicle would be cool, I will add it. But yes, I want to try the get on/off animation.

About the attack seat, it is another element that I want to add, so passengers (AI or player) can shoot, with their weapons or with the weapons on the vehicle (in fact, Halo was the game that I thought to work on the seat system and the AI able to get off/on).

Regards.

43. neoshaman

neoshaman

I'm not sure I got my point across, lol, I had hard time finding the way to express the idea in english, after thinking about it I think I my use the word "boarding" or "abordage" ie, you attacking the vehicle by being on it, not attacking FROM it!

Without proper keyword or example in mind I had hard time finding example, this is the closest:

Yellow elite attacking the spartan chopper

Blue spartan dismouting the red spartan

zombie grabing car

tgamorris76 and sr388 like this.
  44. sr388

sr388

I was reading again the message before and I realized that I made a mistake. Don't worry, it was my fault, I had a misreading.

A system like that could be interesting, to make it general, so not only usable on vehicles, but in other elements, so the characters can attach to that surface and attack.

In just cause games there is something similar, where the player can be placed in different parts of vehicles to attack the driver, just stand there or take the vehicle and launch their passengers.

I will think a way to achieve this.

Regards.

neoshaman and hopeful like this.
  45. hopeful

hopeful

I don't know if car door open and/or close event should play any role in your subsystem, but I'll mention it. Of course not all vehicles would do a door open, but maybe there would be a way to link such when desired.

This same thing could probably also be used to hook up a car bounce, sound FX, or visual FX to signify entry / departure from the vehicle. Like maybe your little alien would teleport to enter his flying saucer, which would bob a bit to show he's in it. ;)

sr388 likes this.
  46. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Hi sr388, been having a problem with the HUD graphics, they all seem to have centered(the different elements). So for instance, the interaction GUI element that shows the device name etc all the various parts that make up the pop up are at zero when in game or something, same with friends list... the column of buttons to the right hand side are fine but the row(of similar) buttons in the main panel are all centered at the same spot so they all overlap each other. tried rearranging them to no avail, they always return to center. Not sure whats happening , if its something script driven. Please help

47. sr388

sr388

Of course, I thought about some system to make part of the vehicles fall or broke when it is damaged and that includes doors.

This same system will be used for the get off/on animations if I am able to make them work properly.

And with this, other elements to make vehicles more realistic and complete, like lights (front and rear), sounds, rearview mirrors, trunk with door, emergency lights, etc....

For the udpate focused in improve vehicles, I will work on this kind of elements.

What unity version are you using? An user told me a problem similar to this with the canvas, which was caused by unity 2017.3 due to some kind of UI problem in that version. The unity UI component used to have some troubles in different new versions. It already happened to me in unity 5.6 which broke part of the dynamic HUD menus in the asset and was the reason why the initial version now is unity 2017.1

Regards.

48. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

ok, i recently updated unity to 2017.3.1 and had the problem first after i updated to 2017.3. I might re-install 2017.1

49. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Downloaded 2017.2.2, seems to have sorted some but some might be using values made wheni upgraded to 2017.3, gonna create a new player and see how it works out. Also not so bothered with the other AI packages now, might leave Emerald AI in the project for background and creature AI. Been playing around with the included AI(GKC's) and tbh does most things especially with projected plans for dialogue and quest etc. Have had too much problems with integrations of third party assets that tbh do basically the same thing at the end of the day.

Cheers for making a very brilliant package/asset sr :)

Wetw0rx and sr388 like this.
  50. sr388

sr388

Happy to hear the problem with UI is almost solved. I will wait for the final results with the new player.

About the AI, yeah, don't worry, it won't take too much time to integrate the new elements with emerald.

But like I said before, the AI of GKC will evolve with the asset and become better, having a lot more of feature, better behaviour, random reactions, work in group, etc...

So the idea is that not others assets would be necessary (though others like lips sync, cloth, ... and other elements that could take too much time and there are already good solutions for it), not only for AI, but for other elements, like inventory, weapons, dialog, save, etc...

In the mean time, I would like to add other options and integration with other useful assets like visual programming type for example. But before that, I want to cover some elements first to get the strongest framework possible for GKC. Once the core is finished (which I am really close, updates between 2.4-2.5 will take care of this), new elements will be built around it.

And thanks @tgamorris76 for the feedback, it is invaluable.

Regards.

Wetw0rx likes this.