Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.7%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.2%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.5%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Nice, thanks. Like that, any further step necessary to use Voxeland with GKC can be added to the doc.

Yeah, I said those elements to discard any possible issue with the regular settings in GKC (besides layer and tags, it doesn't need anything more, a couple of axes for the gamepad too).

Then, it could some custom editor or similar, like you said.

Regards.

2. MakeGames2

MakeGames2

Hmm, well after testing it for awhile I'm getting a feeling that it could just be performance related. Maybe too many things going on at once in the editor and it gets bogged down or something. It could actually be more related to a flaw in Voxeland chunk generation/loading getting stuck for some reason rather than something GKC is specifically doing causing a conflict with it. Because if I import GKC and then I exit and open Unity and regenerate the Voxeland terrain it seems to go a bit better and doesn't seem to get stuck. So it seems to me that it likely is not directly caused by your asset or the editor scripts included in it but perhaps those are bogging things down just enough to put it over the edge. I'm on a brand new i7-7700K and a SSD though so I don't think it's my computer. I'll have to do more testing tomorrow and see what I can figure out.

3. HeadClot88

HeadClot88

Hey I purchased this asset last night and I have a question

Is there any form of tank controller in Game Kit Controller?

4. sr388

sr388

Mmmm I see. It is really weird. I will wait any further info, thanks for the tests.

Thanks for the purchase @HeadClot88.

Do you mean tank as vehicle or the controller type with the fixed camera?

In the first case, not yet, but it will be included soon, with a lot more of vehicles types.

In the second case, you can find the option in the Player Controlller inspector.

upload_2018-1-21_21-54-53.png

Regards.

HeadClot88 likes this.
  5. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Another quick update.

I have been working on some improvements, in this case, the interaction of objects grabbed by the player (in aim mode, in first person or with the power to grab and carry a group of objects) interacting with elements like jump platforms, teleport platforms and custom gravity triggers. This will make easier to work with future systems too.

Like, it is easier to drop these objets if they touch a trigger to launch them through the air, like the jump platform, making more considerations for the multiplayer (the whole previous system was made thinking only in one player in the scene, also using GameObject.Find and similar, which is horrible), so it is quick and fast to know which object is grabbed by who and make it drop quickly.

Also, the grab system has an option to make the grabbed object able to break or explode or not (like crates or explosive barrels), before the system automatically turned that kind of object in unbreakable while they were being carried, but now, you can configure that, so if you are not careful enough while moving an explosive barrel, it can explode.

Finally, the last part improved is the launched objects to enemies. Before, if you threw an object to them with enough force, this damaged them and come for you. Now that happens too with for example, explosive barrels that you kick with the combat system and explode close to them.

These improvements have been focused in make a better general interaction between elements. I will post a couple of gifs about this tomorrow (I haven't the work pc here).

So I think that there is literally nothing more to work for this update, so I can finally focus in the video. If I think that this take too much time, I will upload the update even if the video is not complete, it can be added later.

Regards.

6. neoshaman

neoshaman

Have you considered a edge garbing like mario 64 (ie not on tag object but on geometry), it seems you have already all the raycast test to make it possible

7. sr388

sr388

Do you mean an edge grabbing?

Yeah, I did that system from the school project which started GKC (previously known as gravity twist controller), but it wasn't the best solution respect code. But I want to add it to the asset, with improvements, so in a very close update (if not next) this will be done, of course, without need of add elements to the scene, just with the level geometry like you said.

I want to add the breath of the wild climbing system too, so it will be a good point start.

Btw, here the gifs that I said yesterday:

barrel.gif tele`prt.gif jump2.gif jump.gif gravity.gif
    Regards.

neoshaman and HeadClot88 like this.
  8. sr388

sr388

Btw, I forgot to say that an option in the character creator has been added. This allow to keep the previous controller in the scene (you select its gameObject in the creator window), but overwrite the model with the new one. Like this, all the settings configured in the other player are the same here.

This option will be done with AI as well.

Also, a quick reminder. The price for the asset will change after a week of the version 2.4 release, from 35 dolars to 40, so, FLY, YOU FOOLS! (reference to lord of the rings for those who don't know it), but not pressure, take your time. And of course, this change doesn't affect to those who already have the asset.

Tomorrow, I will post the full changelog list, with new features, improvements and fixes applied.

Regards.

9. workingman247

workingman247

Still waiting for the Emerald AI integration....any news on this subject ?

neodotca likes this.
  10. sr388

sr388

I haven't been able to work on it yet, I wanted to start with it this week, after finish the update 2.4 for this week too. But the people of emerald have done a tutorial in their documentation, here their link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...uHce2BVLM3QTq5axg/edit#heading=h.f3z45wygsipy

There are steps in the damage detection that can be simplified, I will talk with the developers and update the doc very soon.

After the step 10, the next one will be this:

Go to applyDamage and replace the function checkHealth with this code:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public static void checkHealth (GameObject projectile, GameObject objectToDamage, float damageAmount, Vector3 direction, Vector3 position, GameObject projectileOwner, bool damageConstant)
    2.     {
    3.         if (objectToDamage.GetComponent<characterDamageReceiver> ()) {
    4.             objectToDamage.GetComponent<characterDamageReceiver> ().setDamage (damageAmount, direction, position, projectileOwner, projectile, damageConstant);
    5.         }
    6.         else if (objectToDamage.GetComponent<vehicleDamageReceiver> ()) {
    7.             objectToDamage.GetComponent<vehicleDamageReceiver> ().setDamage (damageAmount, direction, position, projectileOwner, projectile, damageConstant);
    8.         }
    9.         else if (objectToDamage.GetComponent<vehicleHUDManager> ()) {
    10.             objectToDamage.GetComponent<vehicleHUDManager> ().setDamage (damageAmount, direction, position, projectileOwner, projectile, damageConstant);
    11.         }
    12.         else if (objectToDamage.GetComponent<health> ()) {
    13.             objectToDamage.GetComponent<health> ().setDamage (damageAmount, direction, position, projectileOwner, projectile, damageConstant);
    14.         }
    15.         else if (objectToDamage.GetComponent<Emerald_AI>() != null){
    16.             objectToDamage.GetComponent<Emerald_AI>().Damage((int)damageAmount, Emerald_AI.TargetType.Player);
    17.         }
    18.     }
    Now, anything in GKC that cause damage can hurt any character from emerald.

This will be explained in the doc, and the code will be added aswell, so if it checks that emerald and GKC are in the same project, the code will be activated.

Regards.

neodotca and Brandon_Powell like this.
  11. Brandon_Powell

Brandon_Powell

is there a way i could turn the computer terminal into a piece of equipment like a weapon? i want to create remote control vehicles, and allow the player to use his own vr computer to interface to data ports in the world

12. neodotca

neodotca

They finally did the tutorial... a year after they promised me to do it... and it's called "Invector Game Kit Controller" :confused:o_O

13. sr388

sr388

Do you mean to use the computer as the controls for a "radio controlled" vehicle, right? Sure, I want to make that kind of control too. My idea was to make a drone type similar to watch dogs 2 style, where the player still in a place and the vehicle is controlled remotely.

Were you talking about something similar, but using the computer as screen for the vehicle camera? In that case, that is planned too, muahahaha. In other case, tell me more about how would you do it.

I understand them, I should have made that tutorial some time ago, but between school, the master degree project, work, etc.... was virtually impossible. Also, take into account that they have mostly remade emerald from scratch. But at least, it is avaliable already.

Soon, I would like to talk with ICE developers, to integrate their solution with GKC too.

Btw, here the changelog for the version 2.4. For the features list, I need to clean up a little the doc where I manage every element modified from the asset.
    • Gamepad buttons configured are now saved/loaded in editor and loaded in game (in the next update, the gamepad buttons will have a menu to configure in game too)
    • Now the touch button to being disabled is selected with a list of the current axes list configured
    • Input action list for vehicles now has the same axes list configured in the input manager
    • Locked camera check if the player is carrying weapons or not when enters trigger and check if it was first person or not, so the camera is properly adjusted
    • Head look rotation and position improved in vehicles
    • Grab objects in locked camera improved with tag layer options and cursor placement correctly done
    • Gravity triggers simplified and with more options
    • Tag list added for doors and hologram doors to detect objects to be opened and other elements using tag for trigger detection
    • Custom Inspector added to door system
    • In the map creator, now every map part or floor can be enabled or disabled from the inspector
    • Fixed issues in the ragdoll of player and characters
    • Improved external camera shake with list manager
    • Removed issue with the player changing from first to third person when he is crouching
    • Improved vehicle weapons with options to configure lasers and launch projectiles instead of shooting them.
    • Improved turret system
    • Improved grab system with more options and new custom inspector
    • Fixed rotation with pickup chests when they are instantiated, also with correct gizmo positions
    • Vehicles pick only ammo from weapons that actually own
    • Smoother rotation of the camera when the player gets off from vehicles, with option to reset or not
    • Better combat system damage detection
    • Improved homing and seeker projectiles (ZORG ZF-1 SYSTEM)
    • Fixed issue when the input was loaded from file, where the previous axes list wasn’t cleared.
    • Fixed issue with weapons dropped when player died and was aiming
    • Improved draw weapons in first person with smoother transition
    • Crossing surface in first person for power projectiles is now checked
    • Layer to damage and for scorch are now two separated layermask
    • Fixed player control mode menu which wasn’t closed correctly, option to close automatically when mode is selected
    • Improved player movement on stairs and slopes, walking, aiming, ….in any view, first or third.
    • Improved audio source management, allowing to define a list of them to get an easiest search
    • Improved grab objects system, allowing a much better interaction between rigidbodies and teleport platforms, jump platforms and custom gravity arrows triggers
    • Improved launched objects system, so AI can detect better who damage them, even with kicked explosive barrel
    • Add new tag “vehicle”, for the use device system when the player uses a vehicle

Regards.

ron-bohn, Wetw0rx and StevenPicard like this.
  14. Brandon_Powell

Brandon_Powell

i had mostly the first case in mind (i just bought my first drone and FPV (first person view) headset, it's so much fun)
    but also the idea of remotely controlling vehicles/robots from various terminals would be good, the game Deus Ex used this mechanic very well, allowing players to hack security robots and either change their faction or disable them. but also the idea that the player carries the computer around, and in the game world are triggers representing network hotspots or data ports they can connect to, similar to the original watchdogs being able to hack various devices based on proximity/line of sight

honestly most of the uses i have been thinking of seem almost below the talent of your asset, but your work is so solid, it makes sense to use as a frame for a lot of games.

mostly i have been thinking of a slightly more complicated 3d version of blaster master, with additional hacking/customization options, at least until you get to the online multiplayer updates, there i have more of a gravity based e-sport in mind.

sr388 likes this.
  15. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Is this for the next update? or is it going to be in a patch for current?

16. sr388

sr388

Thanks men.

Yeah, though I didn't like the first watch dogs, the second one did it better and I want to see some more videos to get more ideas for hacking devices and mechanics.

Drones could make any type of action, from knock off enemies, hack enemy turrets to turn them into allies, distract enemies, use them as bombs or EMP generators to broke electrical machines, give power to elements, like doors to be opened, etc..... I didn't even realize of some of these uses and now, they are planned to do xd.

Even the scanner system will be improved, to show hidden systems to the player, or find devices to hack, again watch dogs have something similar to this, or to investigate elements to how the batman arkhams work.

Also, can't wait to work on the multiplayer, very excited to try gravity combats and vehicle races.

For the current one. It can be improved and it will, but I am happy with how the system for stairs works right now.

Regards.

tgamorris76 likes this.
  17. neodotca

neodotca

I followed the tutorial for GKC/Emerald, step 1 to 10 and i get these errors, it looks like it's easy to fix, but i prefer to ask cause i dont want to start messing with the codes, thanks!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Weapons/playerWeaponSystem.cs(309,1): error CS1525: Unexpected symbol `public'

Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Weapons/playerWeaponSystem.cs(309,9): error CS1547: Keyword `void' cannot be used in this context

Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Weapons/playerWeaponSystem.cs(309,39): error CS1525: Unexpected symbol `('

Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Weapons/playerWeaponSystem.cs(312,49): error CS1525: Unexpected symbol `)', expecting `;' or `}'

Assets/Game Kit Controller/Scripts/Weapons/playerWeaponSystem.cs(319,8): error CS1525: Unexpected symbol `playerWeaponBullet', expecting `class', `delegate', `enum', `interface', `partial', or `struct'
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  18. neoshaman

neoshaman

If the actions of teh drone are mirror of teh player's action, shouldn't that mean you should have a decoupled action system, it would allow you to plug any action to any objects, so character can also use heat detection, so does the drone or the special visor, vehicle or weapon you equip?

19. sr388

sr388

It seems that a simbol is missing or a part of the code is not closed correctly, like ; () {}

Try to remove the last modificated part that you added to playerWeaponSystem and check if the error is fixed. Also, it is not necessary to modify that script, just the function checkHealth from applyDamage from a few post above.

Tell me if this works.

A priori, yes. I used to make that kind of systems to be configured in other elements, not just the player. For example, the scanner system could be attached to the vehicle camera (maybe with some modification) and use it normally.

At least, make this kind of systems is one of the objectives that I try to accomplish, or in case I can't make it when it is created, I tried to remake or modify it in another update to try to make it as extensible as possible.

But yeah, that would be the perfect system, and with every new version, I will try to be more close to it.

Regards.

neoshaman likes this.
  20. neodotca

neodotca

So what should i do, forget the whole Emerald tutorial and just ad your lines of code ?

21. sr388

sr388

No, the steps from 1 to 10 are correct, after 10, follow this:

22. neodotca

neodotca

I did all this, but i still don't know where to put the missing bracket?

I did the tutorial and did not touch anything else, so there's a problem with that tutorial or i did something wrong.

Maybe i should send you my script?

23. sr388

sr388

Yeah, send me a message with the code and I will take a look.

24. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Im cracking my fingers and getting ready to dive into 2.4. As soon as this update is out I'll be back to work in GKC. I've learned so much on my journey through all the assets I've been fiddling with. Integration with Emerald AI, morph3D, HorizonON and Weatherzone have gone along flawlessly. Now just dialog/quest and serialization and I can start working on some official builds. In the meantime, improving my understanding of C# and Unity in general have opened my project up in new and exciting ways. I must say, the 2.4 changelog looks epic! 2018 is gonna be a great year.

In regards to vehicles, I really would love to add some aerodynamic properties to the aircraft. A few more parameters like lift and stall speed and angle as well as a fixed throttle option would allow us to create a more conventional airplane that requires a runway to take off and land. I've been playing with the settings and I got something that feels almost like a real airplane but a few more options could produce the effect easily. Doesn't have to be a flight sim, just present a more realistic flying challenge. Also, crashing into terrain would have to be a thing too. As it stands, the flight physics of the aircraft are ok for a sci fi sort of ship but the excitement of pulling off a skillful landing at the risk of crashing or gliding a damaged craft in for a crash landing are like half the fun of flying...

I plan on making a variety of vehicles available to players at different stages of the game with fuel, repair, maintenance and operational difficulty being the challenge in exchange for the benefit of transport and exploration in a huge gameworld with no fast travel. HELP! lol

In real life, airplanes require a minimum forward speed in order to produce lift. If there could be an option to allow the aircraft to drift forward while slowly losing altitude when pressing F key to land (instead of just a short stop and drop) this could provide the illusion of a more conventional landing.

Also, real planes require the correct angle of attack when moving forward to produce lift. Too steep of a bank or pitch can make a plane stall and fall right out of the sky. For the purposes of a video game, it would be enough to say that the craft speeds up when nose down and slows down when nose up only able to climb at high speed or with engine power.
    Unpowered, the craft would glide forward subject to the physics stated above until a minimum speed is reached and the craft just drops. Though it sounds kinda complicated, I believe the current aircraft controller can be tweaked to achieve this with just a few more checks and parameters. I wonder if the "realistic" settings in the controller might help a bit more with this...

THEN, (bare with me lol) I need a way to change parameters at runtime. In other words, if its windy and rainy, I would like the aircraft to be more difficult to fly as it would be prone to crosswinds and downdrafts, etc. No need for wind simulator here just a way to manipulate the parameters of the controller in case of weather, change of environment (space or atmospheric) and damage or wear. It could also be useful for situations like hauling cargo makes the vehicle feel heavier, etc. This might actually be a simple case of some clever event management doing the trick but what do you think?

Sorry for the loooong post, I've been away for a while o_O

sr388 likes this.
  25. UnSkiLd

UnSkiLd

In full agreement with what Tym777 has stated and with that in mind I do have a question in regards to vehicles.

I am working on getting my existing vehicles, that is already working before adding this asset with full open door get in/get out animations and navmesh follow, moved over to this assets vehicle system. Has anyone successfully converted their current vehicles? It's not as easy as moving the mesh into the vehicle gameobject like you can a character. It is pretty split up.

I wanted to ensure this was possible before going down the rabbit hole.

A great feature (sorry Tym) would be to have a wizard for vehicles like you do for characters. Not because I fear doing the work because I am doing that now. It would just be easier to implement a vehicle into your system that is originally from another system and to ensure compatibility. Make sense?

sr388 likes this.
  26. sr388

sr388

Happy to hear that, @Wetw0rx. Oh yeah, and wait to see the feature list.

Definetively.

I want to add more realistic options to all vehicles, along with other more scifi feel (in fact the aircraft will have other controls, like barrel roll, turn into the opposite direction, take off and landing with wheels, etc...). About the crashing, it can be configured with the version 2.4, allowing to damage vehicles on collisions, with a minimum collision velicity

Though I am not a physics expert (I wish xd) or know too much about aircrafts aerodinamyc, with these explanations, I could make some additions to get a more realistic control. Not only for aircrafts, but add more type of planes, even parachutes and wingsuits or squirrel suits (I really like pilotwings and wanted to make vehicles like that too, even the level mechanics).

Added to the todo list for the update focused on the vehicles ;)

Just cause mechanics is somethig that I would like to achieve too, so better start soon with the grapping hook too.

Actually, that would be easy, the wind system values from unity can be used for that, but I am not sure if these values can be used with anything else that grass and trees. If other case, a custom wind system can be made, with a group of parameters, like direction, force, etc... so with wind triggers zones or even a general manager for wind zones, the current aircraft on air could get these values and change its forces according to that.

Of course, a wizard for vehicles will be added for the update focused on vehicles, very similar to the character creator. This kind of wizard will be added for other elements, like pickups, inventory objects and similar. Not only simplify work for users, but for me aswell, which I really like this kind of tools, so in a few minutes, a bunch of new vehicles could be created.

About your vehicles, I am sure that your system can be combined with the asset, with some code. The vehicle system is made to use easily your own controller component with them, with only a few additions to manage the vehicle driving state.

So add also elements like the animations to get in and out and navmesh should be easy (in fact, I want to add this for the vehicle system in a future update too).

If you want, you can send me a message to know more about how your system works, to get a better idea of it and find the best way to combine them.

Regards.

Wetw0rx likes this.
  27. UnSkiLd

UnSkiLd

Thank you for the reply @sr388 I was able to add my vehicle class in with my character and was at least 90% successful. The only issue I had was the sit animation after the character was in the vehicle and the keeping of the character camera and not switching to the vehicle camera. Easy fixes and very impressed with the work you have done.

I am equally excited about the up-coming features you posted. Thank you again for the dedication on this asset.

sr388 and Wetw0rx like this.
  28. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Great! I know the poll winner is gonna get worked on next (I voted and I'm hyped) but I just wanted to throw some ideas out there since I'm a bit obsessed with aviation and vehicles in general really.

Many of the recent updates have been huge and brought the asset a long way. Since I first discovered it, Gkc has grown so much. I'm happy to help in any way I can bro.

Btw, pilotwings is one of my all time favorites.

I'll be testing 2.4 extensively and cooking up some ideas for the dialog/quest update.

Keep up the good work!

sr388 likes this.
  29. sr388

sr388

Thank for you interest and feedback too, it helps to know that the code is easy (or not difficult) to follow (of course, I work on that in every udpate, to make it better and simpler).

Cool, glad to know what has been made so far and quickly. Feel free to tell any problem, any part that could be improved to simplify this process or anything related to how you integrated both systems.

And if you have any further problem with this, I can help you.

Of course, I really reaaaaally thank any suggestion or feedback, dont be afraid of that ;) I voted for the local multiplayer xd, but I am happy to work on any of these elements, and the poll winner will included the shop system and inventory store like resident evil, borderlands, etc....

The attachments system for the player weapons will be added for the poll in a few minutes.

Love vehicles too, and I want to make a ton more (I have curiosity to see industrial type with working mechanism, like lifttrucks, cranes, and similar).

Thanks for the comment too, GKC is my little baby, but I really like how he is becoming a grown man. But still needs to have a manly beard too, which will happen.....it will xd.

Btw, I am finishing to get all the clips from the whole asset, this is how I am organising them:

upload_2018-1-27_20-11-49.png

Maybe some new category could be added, but for now, this structure is fine. For every category, there will be a short video and the video trailer with clips from all of them. These videos are helping too to find elements to improve or little elements to fix, so it is a win win.

And no matter if these videos are finished or not, the version 2.4 will be ready for the end of tomorrow.

Regards.

tgamorris76 and Wetw0rx like this.
  30. Brandon_Powell

Brandon_Powell

you have to be the hardest worker on the asset store, @sr388. even when were are longer stretches between updates, I feel like i can open this forum and hear your pickaxe chipping away at it day and night. I'm so excited to see the next phase develop.

anyone thinking of buying this, in the words of a great wizard, Fly, you fools!!

tgamorris76, Wetw0rx and sr388 like this.
  31. sr388

sr388

Hahaha, oh, stop it (maybe too big gif).
    90768-adventure-time-jake-smile.gif

But seriously, thanks, always try to check if there is new messages to answer as soon as possible, here or in gmail (it is the same that I would like to receive from others users/developers).

Also, love to share any progress and know more opinions or thoughts.

Regards.

32. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been organising the features done for this update and here they are (the document where I arrange this list need some order xd) Also, I would like to have them better explained, but I think that the video will do this better:

PLAYER CONTROLLER
    • Auto crouch option
    • Option on character creator to remove previous character prefab when another is created
    • The player now can walk through stairs up and down, in first or third person, forward or backwards, walking or aiming, with option to configure stairs minimum and maximum height
    • Run and power to run on walls are now two separated options
    • Option to overwrite the previous controller prefab with a new model, but keep the controller settings
    • Debug button to push characters, with option to damage them, to test the ragdoll
    • Fixed footsteps in first person, including footprints, due they were placed in the same position, now a distance can be configured for distance between foots on idle if the animator is not being used in first person, to use the footsteps system without trigger detection
    PLAYER CAMERA
    • Improved lock target on camera and aim assist
    • Move mouse through screen and player aims in the position found in locked camera by raycasting, for a better aim system
    • Added option to show or not icon in aim assist
    WEAPONS
    • Able to reload weapon also when player is only carrying it
    • Unified projectiles in one single script, being much easier to add new behaviors and an universal projectiles system for anything that shoots
    • Unified projectiles abilities from player to gather enemy projectiles with the shield and shoot them back
    • Unified lasers scripts and class to inherit laser elements created
    • Decal manager for projectiles, with surface detection for primitive, meshes and terrain with sounds, particles and scorch, with fade options
    • Option to allow or not the player to drop his weapons
    • Option to change or not to next weapon available when player drops a weapon
    • Option to use the same shake camera values in first and third person in vehicles and in player weapons
    • Debug option to change for next and previous weapon, draw, aim, keep or drop it
    VEHICLES
    • Option to throw the player from the vehicle with a high collision
    • Option to disable player weapons meshes in vehicles
    • Start scene in a vehicle
    • Fuel for vehicles, with another type of fuel pick up which can be used to refill them and stored in the player's inventory
    • Option to turn on and off the vehicle engine
    • Gas tank for every vehicle
    • Option to damage vehicles from collisions in any surface
    • Option to use claxon
    • Improved enemy detection of player in vehicles, now AI actually detects vehicles and who is driving them, taking the vehicles as targets
    • Zones to recharge fuel and energy, for vehicles and characters
    • Parable trajectory usable in any launch projectile type weapon
    AI
    • Added the new AI vehicle detection to turrets
    • Integration with Emerald AI
    DEVICES
    • Combination padlocks with actual wheels with numbers to open lockets and similar (it rotates forward or backward the wheel that you are looking currently)
    • Added swipe to wheels padlock
    • Padlock using the move device to camera
    • Added the use inventory object to code panel too
    • Scanner only needs to see at character with health for weak spots (it needs to see the scan object just once)
    • The scanner also shows the spots of vehicles
    • Code panel with a second unlockable screen to lock or unlock an object
    • Option to show messages when you press interaction button in an object
    • Option for doors to be opened if they are unlocked
    INVENTORY
    • Remade inventory system, with improved working and much more options
    • Inventory manager list used to create the full list of inventory objects in the game, with information like type, amount, can be used, can be equipped, can be dropped, etc…
    • When an objects is picked, it checks if the inventory slots are full, but if there is space of the same type of object in one slot, it can be picked
    • Option to gather same type of object in the same slot without limit
    • Option to configure max amount of inventory slots and max amount of elements per slot. These values can be infinite, using limited slots and infinite elements per slot and viceversa
    OTHERS
    • Added option to expand and collapse all the list in the custom editors in process
    • Added a tag list for doors (and any type of trigger system) to detect when these systems are triggered in process
    • Option to change floor in map system with triggers or by vertical distance with the closest floor position
    • Added custom editor to grab objects system with more grab options
    • Free handles for any element that have a group of transform positions in process
    • Performance improvements for gizmos in process
    • New system for the custom input manager for gamepad, adding also more considerations for the multiplayer and the detection of multiple gamepads
    • Part of the hack system for devices and turrets has been remade to be used with the electronic system, which is used to detect the current player which is using (more considerations for the multiplayer)
    • Vehicles also store the current driver, so if a vehicle is being used, it can't be used by another player (used for the multiplayer)
    • Devices also store the current player which is using them, so like other elements, they can only be used by one player (again, used for the multiplayer xd, all this kind of system which only can be used by one player already use this system)
    • More rooms of resident evil 1 added to the mansion demo (it is almost complete). Also, added some mechanics, like two locked doors, which can be unlocked by using a key from the inventory, and a code panel, which can be hacked. The door with a key has a new system, the interaction message, so, in a similar way to resident evil, when the player is close to an object, the interaction button can be pressed and a message is showed in the screen (for example, “this door needs the butterfly key”). Also, it allows to configure a camera position, so the camera will look to that place for x seconds or until the player press the interaction button again, taking back the movement of the controller.
    MAP SYSTEM
    • The unlock map system allow to set every map floor and map part which will be enabled when a map is picked by the player, so for example, you can divide the same map of a floor in two or more parts
    • A map object information allow to configure to which map part from the map system belongs, so its icon is disabled until that map part is visible or unlocked
    • Text icon color option
    • New material for text mesh map
    • Option to duplicate locked camera for an easier workflow
    • Massive improvements in the map creator, map tile builder and map system workflow, with much better custom inspector and more intuitive to create level maps very easily and in no time
    ELEMENTS IMPROVED OR FIXED
    • Ragdoll of the player and humanoid AI reacts better when they are activated by death, collision or push
    • Using devices system for objects removed
    • Remove all warnings in process (most of the remaining are caused by the old particles system, which will be changed soon)
    • Checked gravity control problem in aircraft
    • Checked sphere controller with enemies, which couldn't detect it correctly, this is fixed with the new vehicle detection system for the AI
    • Better sphere controller movement, now the gravity direction is applied using the camera transform as reference, instead the rotating sphere which hasn't a fixed reference point to use
    • Lot of code performance improvements
    • Systems like player weapons, vehicle weapons and powers have much more customization options, with the new projectile system
    • Improved player detection by AI, walking or driving and better humanoid AI movement toward its target when it is aiming a weapon or using combat mode
    • Ziplines movement improved, with a moving support for the player

Also, a couple more of elements for the changelog:
    • Improved locked camera player movement when the camera is changed to use the camera orientation as input direction, with a smoother transition, removing the typical problem in fixed camera games where the movement direction is awkward
    • Improved input management and added functions to get raw axis movement values, from keyboard, touch devices and gamepad

Here you can see the current document with ALL the planned features (part of it is not translated to english yet):

future feature.gif
    We will see again in a few hours, when the udpate is complete.

Regards.

ron-bohn, Wetw0rx, neodotca and 2 others like this.
  33. Joker1980

Joker1980

In the new update. Just out of curiosity are weapons able to be equipped and unequipped in the inventory with this being said are their equipment inventory slots. And does this include primary and secondary weapons slots. Also if this does. Does this include options to place any weapon in either slot along with the option to make specific weapons equipable to a specific slot.

34. sr388

sr388

Not for this update.

But it is planned to make the weapons objects that can be stored in the inventory and equipped similar to other games.

For now, two options will be added. One is equip/unequip the weapons from the inventory, by selecting the slot where is stored and using the button "Equip". So this will enable or disable the usage of those weapons.

The other will be to have any number of weapons and change between all of them with a menu editor, similar to how the powers are managed, like this:

manager2.gif

Both modes will use the same controls as now for weapons once they are equipped, like change to next/previous with their dedicated buttons, use the mouse wheel, the key number 0 to 9 and the rotating wheel using the mouse to select it.

This will be done in the update focused in improve the player weapons, with more type of weapons (regular and with scifi abilities), attachment system, melee weapons, swords, shields, stats and skills (like same model of weapon but with different fire rate, damage, fire type, ....), seconday shoot, etc...

About the other options that you have said, they seems useful too, so added to the todo list ;)

Regards.

35. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Hi sr388, quick question about Emerald AI integration... Can i use AI characters created with the GKC character creator? As in can i create AI using the character creator and attach Emerald scripts for stuff or do the characters have to be entirely Emerald AI driven.... I ask this cos the AI solution you propose will have AI(both friendly and Hostile able to use vehicles and stuff. which would be very use full and i don't know how that would translate later. Maybe Companion AI from GKC with the integration scripts so they can hurt same AI players can but that still leaves me with the problem of how to deal with vehicle exclusive AI, turrets for WEPS but movement and response?..(i got AI designer Pro which promised much but offers no real support and proper integration is sketchy at best)

36. sr388

sr388

Hi @tgamorris76.

I cannot totally answer to this, due to I haven't been able to make too much test with emerald. Also, I am not totally sure that these AI features (get off and on from vehicles, drive, follow player to any surfaces, etc....) will be extended to emerald once this AI is achieve in GKC, I have to think about it.

At least, the priority is to make these features work on the asset AI first, and then maybe add it too for emerald and other AI assets.

For now, the integration between both assets are mean to the detection, so both asset characters can detect between each others and help/hurt the others, along with damage from weapons, melee, vehicles, launched objects, etc....

But of course, I would like to add more elements and also, add integration with other AI solutions.

Another objective is to improve the AI of GKC, so in every update, it will be better, with more options and behaviours, so maybe, other AI solutions won't be necessary at that point, but again, they will be supported as well.

Btw, I couldn't upload the version 2.4 yesterday (in part due to family issues), but I have been working all day and it is almost complete, just need to configure a few more demos and finish the asset draft.

Regards.

37. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Got emerald AI NPC's fighting my player already, progress will be made :)
    Not to worry about Emerald, its ok for infantry, even i think vehicles(just not linked to NPC's piloting them. So, should do for most things, can keep your AI solution for boss type characters that act/play a bit different from run, shoot/snipe and die AI.

NB- sorry about issue's, hope not too serious/?

neodotca likes this.
  38. Joker1980

Joker1980

When is your planned release date on the new update by the way?

39. sr388

sr388

Yeah, it is pretty simple. Here a gif for testing (damn gif quality and file size):

emerald 5.gif
    Even the steps in the doc from emerald for GKC have been simplified (thanks for the team to update the document so fast).

I can't wait to work on a boss system.

Nah, don't worry, just the typical family things, thanks for ask.

With this speed, probably never....just kidding.

I actually need another day, the new asset draft is almost finished (for big updates, it take me some time to organise the new content). All the prefabs has been updated, so now I can configure the different demo scenes more easily.

Also, I want to update the documentation with the map system (which will be quick).

I am really sorry for all these delays, believe me, I am the first person mad with me for this. But like always, the wait will worth it, I promise.

Regards.

40. neodotca

neodotca

No need to be sorry, you are doing a fantastic job!

tgamorris76, sr388 and Brandon_Powell like this.
  41. sr388

sr388

Thanks man, this really help me, like a lot :D

Btw, I have made the new demos (same scene, different configurations, like only weapons, only powers, only third person, only first, etc...., in the next update, new demos scenes will be made). Here the file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nx2qb3m7nxndgjo/GKC 2.4 Demos.rar?dl=0

Feel free to tell anything about these demos if you try them.

Only some doc to have the new version ready.

Regards.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  42. SquareEyesTaco

SquareEyesTaco

Hey I just bought your engine and just wanted to say thanks for creating the best asset on the asset store. It literally has most of what anyone would anyone would want to do in a 3d video game. I spent nearly two hours last night looking at all the features you have and theres still some I haven't fully explored. AND even then you have intention of adding more to it! crazy. Ill be telling all my friends to look into this as well and rating it full stars.

Also I noticed when you shoot the plane it shoots you unless you are looking down. Not sure if this has been answered in the forum but really posting here just to thank you for an awesome product. Really made my day!

sr388 and tgamorris76 like this.
  43. sr388

sr388

HI @SquareEyesTaco

Thanks to you for your purchase and your interest in the asset, you won't regret it.

Also, that for your feedback, really happy to hear that. Yeah, I could say that the asset features percentage could be a 10% from the total asset that I have planned.

Oh, I have seen your review of the asset, thanks for that too, every new review makes totally my day :)

About the plane, do you mean the aircraft vehicle, right?

Yeah, it is not totally a bug, since I willfully programmed like that, to shoot in the direction that the camera is looking. For turrets placed in the center of vehicles along with the camera limit, it works, but with weapons in an extreme, it can cause this. But this will be solved, I will add the modifications to make the weapon ignores the vehicle that the player is driving, to the weapons fires correctly when the weapon base isn't as centered as in other vehicles.

Btw, I am finishing the update 2.4. I have almost the new doc ready, only need to take a few new captures for the asset store page and it will be ready this same day. I am really nervous and excited to release this kraken once and for all.

Regards.

tgamorris76 and Brandon_Powell like this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Good news everyone.

Finally, the udpate 2.4 is totally finished and uploaded to the asset store. So like always, it will be avaliable in the next 2-3 days.

Also, I have added new content in the doc, the emerald AI integration (in a separated file) and the whole map system. Here the new version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cwteuwjr5f000d1/GKC 2.4 Documentation.rar?dl=0

I have to say sorry for all the last delays, but I was feeling the update can be better with an extra work and days, so hope you like it.

Regards and time to get some sleep.

Razmot, neodotca, tgamorris76 and 2 others like this.
  45. Joker1980

Joker1980

sr388 If you wouldn't mind in the next update that you do after this update is finished. Will you add in swords along with ai drivable vehicles. I ask this because i have really wanted swords to be added in for a very long time. And with the vehicle system i really believe it is lacking because of this. You don't have to do every single vehicle right away. Maybe just cars so that way you could drive around and maybe have enemies chase and shoot at you in there own cars. I really believe these two things would bring the asset that much more closer to greatness. Not that it's already there. However i believe you know what i mean by this. Also i tested out the mansion scene and i ran into a weird bug after i used the key to unlock the door and i entered through the door the gravity of the player switched strait to a wall. I am not sure if you did this on purpose. Anyways i thought i would tell you about it. Also i tried everything and i could not get the powers wheel to show up. Is this set to a specific key i tried the wheel on my mouse however it just switched between the powers and that is all. Also i am thinking about creating a player inventory just for weapons after this update is released and i might have a few questions about your coding to get everything working correctly. However i will contact you via e-mail about any questions concerning this. Another thing i thought would be a great idea as well. Is if you could set up a website and create a forum section inside this forum make it to be only accessed via members who have paid for the asset and we would all have to verify with you that we have paid to gain access to the members area. From here i think most of us would share coding and such or even do some changes to the code that we all may like as a community. I believe all of us here would be down to helping each other out and i believe it would benefit all of us. With all of us proving that we paid for the asset to gain access would help secure that no thieves are stealing from us and from you.

ron-bohn, sr388 and Wetw0rx like this.
  46. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

sr388, in a former post you were looking for animations, i have a mixamo account and all there animations were released for free when they closed shop(im talking over 2000 anims specifically for games including weapons, combat styles{capoeira, karate and westling as well as most common melee weapons} and although its meant to be used with the mixamo character rigs{can get adobe fuse for free on adobe website which rigs the models in the mixamo way as well as providing some really cool generic models as free to use}.
    Was gona ask if u still need anims as that will provide all u need, and royalty free models too. If u do message me and i can put them in a drop box for u

Have a look

www.mixamo.com

sr388, neodotca and Brandon_Powell like this.
  47. hopeful

hopeful

Mixamo is not allowing their animations to be included in packages sold by third parties. If they did, they'd essentially be allowing other companies to take the Mixamo animations and sell them.

You can download and use the Mixamo animations yourself along with GKC, but @sr388 is not permitted to add them to this asset.

Unity would also consider it a violation of store rules.

ron-bohn, sr388 and tgamorris76 like this.
  48. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

That's fair enough. I thought their making the animations available was kinda open source didn't realise it was just to former registered user's. Thanks for the heads up.

49. sr388

sr388

Yeah, all of that is planned to do. Melee weapons will be added, there will be a dedicated update for player weapons, which will be done between the split screen multiplayer and the mission, dialog, improved save and experience update.

For vehicles, I have started today to work on AI for them (like an hour, just gathering some ideas and think the best way to do it). The best for this will be to use a waypoint system to make a race track to test it, which will become the race system, which I really want to see working (this will be done parallel while the next update).

There is not any trigger to activate the player gravity in that scene, have you pressed the power gravity (R by default) or hold run button (Shift by default) toward the door? I should disable the powers in that scene, to be played more like resident evil style (though the fixed cameras in the mansion can be enabled or disable with the button at the right of the main hall door, so everything could be used in that scene, I will configure this soon).

By default, that key is \ (above tab key), but it is configured as getkey, so you need to hold that key and then move the mouse toward the power that you want. In touch device, there is a place in the center to hold and move the finger to use the same selection power system. Tell me if you can see if or not.

Ok, but the weapons will be added as inventory objects in the next update, so you maybe could invest that time in others things, I will be agree with any of them ;)

[/QUOTE]

You are right, and actually, the user @ron-bohn is helping me with that (helping a lot have to say) with the web for GKC, including a main page for the asset info, features, videos, showcase, etc... The same web contains a forum, so users can open new threads, share stuff, find solutions, etc.. of course, I will be there too just like in this forum, helping to anyone who needs it.

I will tell more about this once the page is ready.

@hopeful is right, it would be great to be able to use them but unfortunately is not possible. But like I said a few weeks ago, I could use some of these animations as placeholder to work on systems like climb, swim and similar, but of course, these animations wouldn't be included in the asset.

Thanks for the help @tgamorris76.

Btw, I still continue working in the showcase videos, there will be some of them ready during the end of the week. After, that, I will continue with the documentation and with the new update.

Regards.

Wetw0rx, ron-bohn and neodotca like this.
  50. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

What kind of vehicles will be in the update? I don't mind making some, that i can do if it will help. I make them myself.