Search Unity

50% OFF Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

29.9%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.1%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.1%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.3%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.4%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.7%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.5%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.7%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. vertigostudios

vertigostudios

Hi sr388,

Thanks for the speedy reply, I modelled the following character and I had hoped to be using him in the the game idea that I had : http://www.earlybirdstudios.co.uk/portfolio/military-toon-character/

I used mixamo to rig him and wondered if he can be used with the IK system your using. Unfortunately - Im only a digital artist so my knowledge in other system is limited.

However - I do think NPC AI and also vehicle AI is important as the whole game-play tends to build around this area. Please don't this as gospel though - its just my opinion. :)

Did you happen to the play the demo of the system Im currently using ?

sr388 likes this.
  2. sr388

sr388

Cool model.

If the models works correctly in unity, the IK should work good too (and mixamo shouldn't give any problems, it works well with unity).

About AI, I am going to add the poll to the forum right now.

I forgot to say about that scifi asset in my previous post. Yes, I have seen before and it give me some ideas. In fact for a little project, I made a top down shooter system by adding some modifications in my asset, so in an upcoming update, this kind of controller will be added too (it just needs a modification in the camera and a few more things).

Regards.

3. neodotca

neodotca

I voted for "better npc AI" but i would've voted also for the "save". I am not in a rush to update my controller, but i really need the "save for mobile", would like to know when you are planning to work on it?

Very happy with the development so far, thanks!

4. sr388

sr388

Thanks for the vote.

The save system for mobile will be checked for this new update. I think it is due to the relative path of the save file, so it should be quick to fix, I will tell you as soon as I try the system.

Regards.

neodotca likes this.
  5. thekingofdallas1

thekingofdallas1

Just had a quick question. I noticed in the demo that the motorcycle doesn't have the ability to move while in air. (I.E. a backflip, or any rotation) and was wondering if that might be added or if it's easily modifiable in its current state to include something like that? Thanks!

Wetw0rx and sr388 like this.
  6. sr388

sr388

Actually, I haven't thought about that before, but it could be very useful (and cool) to add, for more mechanics in the upcoming race system for example, and it shouldn't be too difficult to do. I will make test when I start to work in the vehicles update and show them.

Something similar that I have already planned to add is that kind of actions in the aircraft, like barrel roll, change the ship direction in the opposite side and similar, so yeah, I will try all kind of stuff for vehicles.

Regards.

7. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

I totally voted for dialog, quest, save, etc. Since the asset already has the other options somewhat solidly implemented, missions and a more robust save system would make GKC a complete game making suite!
    I made quite a mess of my project trying to implement my own save/load system. Its not clear to me how to hook into the inventory, change scenes while maintaining my character and forget about making a trader or money system. Oof. I tried integrating other assets with mixed results.
    For now, I'm focusing on building around the features I understand best (characters, AI, world building, vehicles, puzzles and fleshing out the story). Everyone tells me, "dont build around an asset" but F*@! that, GKC has put game development within my reach. I've even started to get the hang of C# finally, lol. As an artist/musician with game ideas bigger than my abilities I can confidently say that there is definitely light at the end of this loooong game dev tunnel for me. Although my project is pretty ambitious, I've gotten more done than I expected in a short time. I am so excited for the next updates and if we can get through this crazy hurricane season here in Florida, I might have a little something to show off soon. Using GKC, Morph3D and a metric Sh!t- ton of time and Youtube vids, I've put together a very fun demo of what my game might be like.
    For anyone using the Morph3D system with GKC for your main character, it was pretty easy to integrate. The main issue for me was adjusting spine rotation (which was improved in the latest update with more adjustment options in the upper body rotation script).
    Also, the character skin would disappear and not return after using the run power. My first solution was to change the "black hole" texture to the Morph3D body texture in the other powers script. This stops the character from turning into a black hologram while running but when you stop running the character disappears still.
    Next, I added a skinned mesh renderer to the Morph character and this solved the problem but causes a Null reference error having to do with Morph resetting blend shapes and kills your ability to change the morph blend shapes altogether.
    The final solution was by far the simplest and most effective. I just commented out the part of the "other powers" script that makes the character turn into the hologram in the first place. DERP!
    Hope this helps my fellow noobs out there. Don't be scared to tinker with code but don't forget to back up your project and make prefabs of all the stuff you've successfully altered.

I do have a question though. Can I set a prefab path for the character creator to make enemies and NPCs? I noticed there is a message saying the path is not specified or something but I wonder if its something I did or if its just not fully implemented. Maybe there is a quick fix for it (I haven't tried). It would be nice to have the creator make enemies and NPCs now that the main character creator works perfectly...

tgamorris76, neodotca and sr388 like this.
  8. sr388

sr388

Thanks for the vote, I will keep the poll for a while, problably until I started to work in that update, let see who wins.

The save system will be improved a lot ;). For now it is basic, but already has a good structure to build around it and add any type of information for inventory, stats, weapons, powers, game information, etc... (though it needs some additions in the system that the save will use).

Are you from Florida? Hope nothing serious happened to you there.

Feel free to post here the demo that you are making, sounds cool.

Thanks for tell about morph 3d, if I am not wrong, I made a previous test with that asset and it worked good. I will check it again to test more type of 3d models with GKC. One of the reasons why I haven't started to make full integrations with other assets yet is that I want to prepare everything in this asset first, when I feel that it is solid enough, I will start with integrations for most used and known assets. But before of that, others will come, like ICE and Emerald.

And like you said, don't be scared with the code, if you have the logic for a mechanic, system, etc.... the code will be done sooner or later, just start with little things, and start increasing the difficulty. I am making code improvements almost every day, simplyfing a lot of systems and trying to make everything as extensible and configurable as possible.

Right now, there is not an option to create NPC with the character creator, though I have already started to add the necessary code in the Character Creator Window. That message of the path is part of that new code.

The reason why the whole code is not added yet is due to the AI will have some changes in its code, because part of its controller was made as "temporal" to include an initial working AI in the asset. But what I want to do is change that code for the same scripts that the player already use (with minimal changes). Like this, it will be easy to manage all the controller code, and every improvement done to the player controller will be in the AI as well without need to change more scripts.

This will make everything in the AI better for me and other users. This will also, allow to have the same options for the ai that the player has, like a full weapon system (right now the AI can only have a weapon), ability to enter and exit from vehicles, to use all pickups (right now the AI can only use the health), use the zipline,.....anything.

But in the mean time, I will add an option to create AI with the character creator too.

Btw, I have improved the weapon system in the player, and it has a lot of physics options (like the previous gif that it was posted about the powers), like if the projectile apply force in the collision, the force mode, if it is explosive, implosive, seeker, homming, etc...(this new projectile system will be applied to vehicles too) and I am finishing the decal system to being able to configure a list of surfaces, with its impact sound, particles, scorch, fade time and a lot more of options and then in any surface set the type of decal that it will use, like flesh, metal, concrete, wood, etc... (there is a default value to avoid configure every surface)

Also, it can be configured if the player drops the current weapon that he is using or all the weapons that he has when he dies, along with a lot of code simplifaction and improvement in the weapons. Here a couple of gifs:

Animation3.gif
    Animation6.gif

Finally, the issue that @neodotca told the last time with the floating weapon is fixed. So soon, the next update will be released, including new documentation for the biggest system in the asset.

Regards and sorry for this long post.

neodotca, Wetw0rx and BryanO like this.
  9. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Thanks for the reply bro! You're a genius man! The weapon dropping when dead looks really cool. I've been trying out other assets and most of them are so bare bones and messy. I really appreciate your efforts and look forward to all the awesome improvements in the pipeline.

Yes, I do live in Florida but we're fine thank goodness and thanks for asking.

Btw, the issue I was having with getting stuck in vehicles, just needed adjustments to the get off height option in the vehicle controller. I've managed to eliminate the problem.

Also, with the Morph system, switching to 1st person won't hide the 3rd person model so I had to add some simple code to tell GKC how to do that. It actually works! lol

Currently, I'm looking at adding a bit of code for a toggle to make the character walk when a key is pressed. All that is needed is to adjust the movespeed parameter anywhere below .5 and the current animation supports it.

Down the line, I would like to add more weapons of the same type (i.e. a variety of assault rifles and pistols) but make it so the player can only carry one of each type. If the player finds a better one, he can switch it with the one he currently has equipped. I think this is already possible since you already can't pick up two of the same weapon but I gotta do some testing.

I see the silencer just chilling there saying "use me!"... It would be nice if enabling it caused the weapon attributes to change (sound, range and damage) and changed the AI status from check shoot origin to a random search mode or hide. I started working on some code for it but got sidetracked as I often do... and I know you're working on this too

Also, the ability to store weapons and pick ups in our inventory, containers and vehicles. I haven't worked out a way to tackle that beast but I'm sure you have ideas. It would be cool if all containers were breakable and we could put stuff from our inventory in them. Then if the enemy ambushes you, they can break our container and steal our stuff.

All in all, GKC is really shaping up to be the best complete project asset out there, keep up the great work.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    sr388 likes this.
  10. rrabassa

rrabassa

Just purchased this! Most excited to give it a go!

-rich

sr388 likes this.
  11. rrabassa

rrabassa

How do you turn off the foot prints?

Thanks,
    rich

12. rrabassa

rrabassa

Hello Again!

How do you limit the rotation of the 3rd person Camera? I don't want to be able to look at my player from straight down or straight up.

Thanks!
    Rich

13. sr388

sr388

Happy to hear that everything is fine and that you work on new things too, and yes, like you said, most of that things are planned (and mostly structure in my head to add it quickly in the asset, though sometimes it is not so fast, but use to xd).

The type of weapons some good too, I will think a way to do it, it should be just another attribute to declare a list of weapons type and an option to allow x amount of a weapon type (1 or more). I wanted to add an option to change the current weapon that the player has for another with better stats and that could do the job. And in case that is the same type of weapon with the same stats, the player will only take the ammo of that weapon, but the weapon will still ther in case he (or an AI) needs to pick up later.

Attachments will be very cool, I want to make a system similar to crysis, where you can look at any part of the weapon and select every attachment, it gives a more organic feeling and another way to do it throught menus. I think that I will make tons of different attachments (suggestions accepted and yes, a weapon without silencer, steps, etc... will alert the AI, this will be added too).

Finally, weapons will be managed by inventory in a similar way to the current powers, where you can open the inventory and drag and drop any weapon to the avaliable slots. Also, the player will be able to move any object to an store (in a resident evil style) and what you said about the ai who stole equipment sounds cool (add to the todo list xd).

Thanks for the message.

Thanks for the purchase and the comment men.

In the foot step manager inspector in the player controller gameobject.

Captura3.PNG

In the player camera inspector in the player camera gameobject, the y limits.

Captura.PNG

Regards.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Wetw0rx likes this.
  14. rrabassa

rrabassa

Thanks for the answers!!

sr388 likes this.
  15. rrabassa

rrabassa

What's the best way to suspend/reactivate user input (controls) on the player character? I'd like to do a Cut Scene with the Player Character before giving control to the user. I will be doing this a lot throughout the game.

Also, Can I move the Player Character to specific positions via code without messing anything up?

thanks,
    rich

sr388 and BryanO like this.
  16. sr388

sr388

There are functions used for pause the game and when he enters in a vehice, or open the inventory/map/etc...to prevent the player to move, or do any action, but there is not a function to pause it especificaly for cutscenes due to I didn't think about it before, but now that you say it, could be useful for other porpuses too, I will add it, to make its call easily from any other script, or even from an inspector (there is an event trigger system in the asset, to configure easy function calling on triggers, so it will be able to use this function when the player enters in the cutscene trigger and after that the control will be activated again).

This will be added in the next update which is close to be uploaded. There have been very important improvements in all the weapon systems, fixes and code optimizations (also added the first steps to add split screen multiplayer, just to simplify its integration this year).

Regards.

17. rrabassa

rrabassa

That's awesome!!

For now I'm calling this to stop and start the Player's input - seems to work, but not sure if it's going to mess anything else up:

// Disable controls
    ThePlayer.GetComponent<playerController>().enabled=false;

// Enable controls
    ThePlayer.GetComponent<playerController>().enabled=true;

Thanks,
    rich

18. neodotca

neodotca

A remark about the save box, when the player save his game and want to leave the box, he has no choice to click "cancel", i think that can be confusing for the player thinking that the save will not be recorded, so i think you should replace the button "cancel" by "close", it's just a detail but still.

I am happy to read that you are going to give support for Emerals AI and ICE Creatures, as you already know, i use Emerald for sometimes now, i still have one little problem with it, for some reasons, the "hit" animation on all of my enemies is not working. I am not sure if the problem is coming from my inspector settings, could it be that i am missing a line of code?

I am just starting to test ICE, so if other people are using these 2 assets, please give some feedback. It would be great if you could add support for both assets soon as possible thanks!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  19. sr388

sr388

For example to avoid the player moves, you can call this function:

ThePlayer.GetComponent<playerController>().changeScriptState(true (activate movement)/false (deactivate movement));

TheCamera.GetCompnent<playerCamera>().pauseOrPlayCamera(true (activate movement)/false (deactivate movement));

This will pause the player and camera movement, though is not the perfect solution, due to the menu manager is only disabled when game is paused, and this prevent from open other menu windows like inventory, powers, map, etc...and there is not other function (currently) to only disable these elements and keep the game unpaused.

But like I said, this will be added, allowing also to make a smooth movement of the main camera to a predefined position/rotation to use it with the new cinemachine system from unity (I suppose that maybe you use that system for cutscenes, right?). It will be really quick to add to the asset and it will very useful for this porpuse.

Of course, the save system will be heavily improved, and for now, it seems (according to the forum poll) that along with dialog, experience, etc.. will be the first update to be made. And of course, for the new upcoming update, I will fix the issue in touch devices ;).

About AI assets, of course, I totally remember that you and other users asked to integrate these two assets and you can be sure that this will be done as soon as possible (I will send a message to these developers to share our assets and know what they think about this integration).

The hit animation sounds like a problem in emerald, or maybe the damage function is not called properly. You can send me a private message to check the code and find a solution.

Regards.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  20. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Just a quick update.

I have finally found the problem in the player weapons with the hands of the player when a new player is created in the window editor, which sometimes weren't assigned correctly to every weapon.

Now, there is literally no configuration needed before and after creating a new player, it is ready to use powers, combat, weapons, drive, anything....so a new player is ready in 1 second.

Some options will be added in the character creator window, to set if you want (or not) to use weapons, jetpack, powers, combat, etc... to enable/disable them when the character is created so you get the type of player that you need quickly without only the abilities desired.

Of course, you will be able to enable/disable again these systems for the player in every inspector if you need.

Regards.

hopeful and Wetw0rx like this.
  21. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Hi, recently got your asset. and looks to take a huge weight off my mind.
    A couple of things i am having problems with.
    i am having difficulties replacing AI NPC models with my own and I am not sure how to replace Vehicle models. I do love the character crete tool. Is there any chance you could make something similer for AI npc and vehicle creation?

22. sr388

sr388

Hi @tgamorris76, thanks for your purchase.

Of course, the character creator will allow to create NPC too in the upcoming update, just like with player. This will avoid the manual replacing of elements needed inside every AI.

About vehicles creator, this will be added as well, but in another update. The good part about vehicles (and most of prefabs in the asset), is that you can change its model very quickly just by searching the chassis/model gameobject inside the hierachy and change every vehicle part like wheels and structure by your own, and make the IK adjustment very easily (this will be explained in the documentation which will be included in the upcoming update with NPC creator).

Btw, the decal system is already complete, allows to define a list of impact decals for any type of projectile (from weapons of player, vehicles, enemies, turrets, anything...) with options for sound, scorch, particles and fade.

Then you can configure the type of surface by adding a surfaceType component to any object and select one of the elements from the impact list defined (if a surface hasn't this component, a default impact decal configured in the projectile is placed). So there is a lot of options.

Regards.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  23. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Thank you. Managed to get tehe aircraft working fine. may need a few tweaks with coilliders and such but works fine :) brilliant asset.

sr388 likes this.
  24. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

25. sr388

sr388

Thanks man and happy to hear that you got to change the model.

For now, my main objective is to cover as many aspects of a game as possible in this asset. Once that is covered, I will start with integrations from useful asset, due to most integrations used to take a lot of time that I would like to use in adding more useful (and cool) systems, make improvements and get a more solid controller.

Regards.

26. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

27. rrabassa

rrabassa

Hello!
    This works but for some reason when disabled, the rigid body on the characters doesn't seem to have any effect. I'd like to disable the user input but still have physics acting on the player. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    rich

28. sr388

sr388

It is made like that on porpuse. It will be necessary to make another function for this. Let me make a test to pause the player for the cinematics and back asap.

Regards.

29. rrabassa

rrabassa

Awesome! Thanks!

Right now I'm also disabling your camera and using a different camera, but then I need to switch back to your camera and that transition is clunky - meaning I'd like to smoothly transition from my cut screen angle/FOV to the Player Camera angle/FOV/etc.. It would be easier with just one camera I think...

-rich

30. rrabassa

rrabassa

Also,
    Do you have any suggestions for the best way to do a ladder climb?
    thanks,
    -rich

31. sr388

sr388

Of course, like I said, I will make a system compatible with cinemachine, to make smooth transitions from the camera controlled by the player to the cinematic camera (maybe it will be the same, to make it easier to manage). This will be added very soon (I will try to include this system in the upcoming update ;) ).

It is a pending feature, in fact I have this sytem done from some time ago, but it doesn't work as good as I would like. But I want to work asap on it, because it is a very useful feature. There is some functions in mecanim/animator to match the top of the ladder to the player climb animation (though I don't remember it right now xd).

Along with it, I want to try to make a climbing system similar to breath of the wild, to move in any surface (allowing to configure if it can be climbed or not), without need of add waypoints in every surface and using IK to avoid animations.

Regards.

32. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Another quick update.

This last weekend, I have been working in the ai, modifying all the scripts related to the main player to make them able to be used by the humanoid AI. It is almost done and like I said, this will allow to have a much better AI, with different weapons, able to draw, keep, aim weapons smoothly, use any type of pickup, enter and exit from vehicles and drive them, drop weapons when it dies or pick from the ground if it doesn't have any, use the gravity system to follow the player to any surface, etc... and every change and improvement to the player will be automatically available for the AI.

Also, these changes will make easier to integrate the split screen multiplayer that I have already done for the 2d game, so it will be quick to add. And of course, it will allow to use a new mechanic to control any other npc in the scene, similar to games like dishonored, entering in its body and move freely (there is a lot of features that can be added from that game saga).

For this multiplayer, I will need to work too in the full body awareness for the first person view, to being able to see other players in first person, though the multiplayer can be used too in third person too, but the multiplayer will be available before full body awareness.

I think that these changes and improvements (a lot of code has been improved) for AI along with the new stuff and fixes, will make the asset 300% better than now. I will make the documentation soon along with a few videos to show all the new stuff since 2.3.6, gifs for twitter and the forum, and more. I am very excited for what it will come for the rest of the year.

The new AI will be included in the upcoming update, with a window creator to allow to change easily the model just like the player.

Here gifs with the AI drawing and keeping its weapon, aiming and dropping one/all the weapons (along with pickups) when it dies:

Animation2.gif

Animation5.gif

Animation8.gif

Animation0.gif

In a future update, the dropping system will allow to check the npc inventory once it is dead to grab anything the player want (similar to skyrim, fallout, etc...).
    Regards.

tgamorris76, Wetw0rx and neodotca like this.
  33. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

I've spent a bit more time with your asset(actually havnt really gotten off it for the last week lol). Does most of what i want a some more.

Just wondered when the update will be out?

34. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

you know how u need to do upper body rotation to correspond with the layout of the transform of your models bones. Whilst playing with swapping AI out(with the AIFriendArmed prefab) i managed to get it all working but the model twists when it fires at enemies. So model is facing backwards and down with the pelvis and legs facing the opposite way. also AI shoots in opposite direction from enemy. I dont know if its the transforms of some of the other gameobjects it depends on like "place to shoot" and that.

Know you said the update is out soon and has a dedicated AI create part to it but still curious.

PS- not to be a pain but where do i adjust the step height? Normally i use the character controller instead of capsule collider and that has the option built in and exposed in the inspector.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  35. sr388

sr388

Hi @tgamorris76.

Huge improvements have been done over a lot of systems, like the decals manager (for scorch, particles and impacs sounds for projectiles according to different type of surfaces), weapons for player, vehicles, the player's power system, a lot of physics options to configure the projectiles and the control of humanoid AI, using the same scripts that player currently has, with only a few modifications, allowing to set if a character is controlled by the AI or the player (in another update, this will allow to control other npcs, similar to dishonored for example, make AI able to drive, etc..).

Also, some of these changes will make easier to add the local multiplayer in another update, by removing any code of type GameObject.Find, search directly Camera.main, etc....getting any component of a player correctly.

For the upcoming update, the upper body rotation for AI already use the same script that player uses, so you won't need to configure nothing for this, just open the create character window, select an npc type (friend or enemy), set the model and press build, and just like the player.

Here you can see how the new npcs draw its weapon and aims to the player, even when he crouches:

Animation.gif

This update should be ready in 1-2 weeks (in one week I won't have the office job, so more time will be used to work on this asset and more to come). The next week I will post the full list of features, improvements and fixes that this update will bring, it is one of the biggest update for this asset.

After this update, there is a huge list of new features and systems todo, and I can't wait to work on them, and the most voted element from the poll forum will be the first one to include (don't forget to select what you prefer).

Regards.

36. hopeful

hopeful

Glad to see that considerations for multiplayer and networking are being made, plus NPC AI refinements. :)

sr388 likes this.
  37. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Thank you. I cant wait. Kudo's to you for making this asset... it's a boon to any artist/game designer from an art background. so many features/systems with many been staples in games development :0 had worked on creating basic systems along the lines of what is in your kit... had an aircraft(6DoF) type sppace ship like in elite dangerous and star citizen and was working but was worried as to AI in air and weapon systems(u have a full featured vehicle weapon system in the package as standard). As it stands i am happy with what i paid in asset store for the software and with the level of support you have provided(docs are fairly clear and concise, and trawling the forums i have seen the dev cycle and i like it) so kudo's again and thanks for a very comprehensive asset.

Suggestion : when its all feature complete, why dont you package it as a standalone and put it on steam as a gamekit with steam workshop support. For us dev's its a chance to tell a good story with engaging game mechanics(second u on gravity rush, one hell of a game) and with a bit more simplification and automation with an inclusive level designer... terrain and prefab/prefab factory yo could be raking it in from the crowd that likes playing with axis game factory and other simple games creation kits on there(steam).

sr388 likes this.
  38. sr388

sr388

Of course, multiplayer will be added very soon (first local split multiplayer, and part of the code and the logic is already done to configure any number of players, identifying every gamepad and actions for every player in the scene, after that, the online multiplayer will be started).

Most of the previous steps to allow to have more than one player in the scene is almost done ;)

Thanks men, I can't tell how much this type of comments help me to keep working on the asset :D

My main objective is to cover most of the aspects that any game could need, adding also any type of mechanics/systems that could be useful/cool, making a full "engine" inside of unity (I will work on this asset until I die or the asset is fully complete, whatever happen first xd).

So yeah, I haven't thought about make a gamekit for steam, but if I am not wrong, there are other systems similar published there, so I will check info about it (the 2d game will need all the steam parts required to publish the game on it, so it is something that I will need to do sooner or later).

I want to take between 1 to 2 months to complete the current update (this update will be finish before that time, don't worry) and add some new features, but in the mean while, I will check the steam option, thanks for telling me.

Btw, another system, the locked camera (which was started in a previous version) is almost done. This system allows to change from free camera (in first or thid person) to a fixed camera position in a very similar style to resident evil 1-3 and code veronica, allowing to configure the camera to look at the player or make smooth transitions.

In this view, the player is able to use his powers/weapons, using the mouse to aim. Here a couple of gifs:

Animation44.gif

Animation89.gif

In this scene, you can see the triggers to change the camera position to locked or free.

Also, the input direction from free to locked camera is very smooth, avoiding that kind of awkward or weird controls that sometimes make the player to move in the wrong direction. Like this, the previous input direction is applied while the still moving and changed to the new fixed camera direction when he moves again.

This kind of control will allow to make games with fixed camera positions like resident evil, silent hill, dino crisis, ....any kind of "terror" or thriller game where camera position is important, allowing to use weapons with accurate aiming. It will be finished very soon and included in this update.

This camera will be usable in multiplayer too, I have been working on it again, due to it needed the camera changes and considerations of multiplayer that have been done, so I wanted to finish this system which looks really cool and open a lot of game possibilities.

Regards.

39. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

sorry to be a pain :) but my charcater is having trouble getting up even the smallest steps without having to jump. Is there a way to adjust step height?

40. sr388

sr388

Don't worry, all the suggestions or issues are welcome.

Not yet, but it is something that I want to add, to allow the player to walk in real stairs for example, without need to add the regular collider with ramp. This will be fixed after the current update release.

After that I want to add an IK foot system to adjust correctly the legs and hips of the player according to the surface where he is (I started this some time ago, but the solution is not as good as I wanted, but it will be included too definitely).

Regards.

Wetw0rx and hopeful like this.
  41. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

If you add bow and arrow support (3rd and 1st person modes) I'd be using this controller for my VR game (I bought it quite awhile ago). I know you got a zillion requests but is that anywhere in the near future?

42. hopeful

hopeful

This is good. I was trying to set up a quick demo using a pre-built scene, and there was the tiniest mismatch in heights at a doorway and the character controller could not pass it without jumping.

43. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Okay and thanks :) You say it will work with a ramp? will mak e adjust ments accordingly

44. sr388

sr388

Hell yeah. It is planned to add, after the current update, I will add more type of regular weapons, special with powers and abilities, secondary shoots, along with dual, melee, the attachments system, etc...

Yeah, it is something that I want to add since the beginning, and it will be done this year.

Yes, with ramps, it shouldn't be any problem.

Regards.

45. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Just curious. is swimming included? also im having problems aligning the camera and guns properly. When i fire from first person i shoot my ship and when in 3rd person i have to aim straight down or i shoot my ship.

Im not sure if its "place to shoot" or "weaponlookDirection" or both. have tried fiddling with those a bit but still kinda stuck. Please helpp :)

46. sr388

sr388

Not yet, but it is something that I would like to add too, the only difficult part would be the animations, the code is very easy to add. I want to dedicate one update to improve animations, add new ones for these kind of actions, along with climbing (I will work on a system similar to breath of the wild for it).

And about the vehicles, yes, currently that happens if the vehicle weapon aims toward the vehicle it self (usually when the weapon is not at the center of the vehicle or if its size is big enough). I have to make the vehicle weapons to ignore the vehicle that the player is driving, to avoid this, and it will be fixed very soon (I will try to do it for this update). For now, place the weapon in the center top of the vehicle is the best option (like the car of the demo scene).

Regards.

47. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Quick question, is there persistence built in and a change level script to go with it?

48. sr388

sr388

Yes, there is a save system using playerprefs, allowing to save the scene where the save is made, the position and rotation to spawn the player, time played, date, a capture of the camera looking at the position of the player and hour of the save and chapter name.

In the demo scene there are two save station (look the save icon in the map) where you can save the game, load, manage the saves, etc... Also, there is a main menu scene, where you can see these saves and manage them, and of course start a new game or continue with the last save (the scripts are called saveGameSystem and gameManager).

Animation35453.gif

It could look simple right now, but it is pretty solid and with a good structure to build other elements around, with improvementes like an experience system, including player stats, powers, elements unlocked, inventory, weapons, vehicles, and any other element in the game that could need to store info. All these elements will be added after the current update.

Regards.

StevenPicard likes this.
  49. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

I have looked through those scenes(matter of fact spent a few hours swapping out window backgrounds and stuff to make it more my game :)), what i meant to ask was when i change level does the save game save save your loot through to the next level? And if i was in a vehicle when i hit the change level entity(say a box collider attached to a gempty game object acting as a trigger) will i spawn into the next level at the designated entry pointto the next level?

I have my levels designed around a string of isands theme. allows me to add much detail to every scene which amounts to a lot of interconnected levels and i would like to be able to save player states and if in a vehicle to move from one level to another while still in the vehicle.

50. sr388

sr388

Of course, that is the idea for the planned improvements of the save system, allowing to store/load any information needed between scenes and exit/enter the game.

Also, I haven't thought before about the vehicle to keep the player driving between scenes, but it sounds cool too, similar to how borderlands works (there is a lot of stuff of that game that it will be included, like the random weapons stats, shops for objects/vehicles, player improvement and skills, vehicles, etc...). Also, start a scene with the player inside a vehicle is really quick to add. Consider that included too ;)

Regards.