Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Game Kit Controller: Engine with melee, weapons, vehicles, crafting & more! 3.75

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by sr388, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What features/systems do you prefer to arrive sooner for next updates on GKC?

1. AI behaviors options, able to drive vehicles and fire turret weapons

25.6%
  2. Armor/cloth system: stats, damage resistances, etc… & character aspect customization (fallout)

30.0%
  3. Cover System and Climb system based on Breath of the wild and Assassins Creed

36.2%
  4. Online multiplayer (using mirror as first solution and include others later)

42.0%
  5. VR integration including 1st/3rd person and locked views

10.1%
  6. Full body awareness (FBA) to see player’s legs, body and arms in first person

18.5%
  7. More types of controls, similar to Diablo, MOBA & RTS and similar genres

10.6%
  8. More tools/creator wizards on the asset workflow (tell about them)

13.4%
  9. Integrations with other assets (tell about them)

16.2%
  10. More RPG/Scifi elements/mechanics (tell about them)

12.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sr388

sr388

Thanks to all for your opinions about this. It seems that most people (on the discord channel I also asked this and for now, shorter updates seems the most voted. I take this moment to remind that the discord channel is available for anyone, here the link: https://discord.gg/kUpeRZ8).

Lets see what other people think, but I think that next updates will be a shorter develop time, focusing on more specific systems or group of features.

I know that feel, even I sometimes can forgot if an specific option or system was added until I spend some seconds thinking of it or just checking the features list haha.

But yeah, after finishing 2.4d, the documentation will be my main task to cover everything, from previous systems that weren't included on the doc yet, to those that have been modified to make it easier to use and all the new stuff.

1.- Do you mean to use generic human models or to use other kind of characters, like animals, or similar?

I didn't consider that, since a lot of systems uses IK to work and part of that wouldn't be usable on generic type.

In case that you want to have animals or fantastic characters or robots as main character to control, the vehicle system could be used for it, setting the controller logic for that in the template of the vehicle controller (in case you have the necessary scripts to manage animations and to how you want to control that new character), so instead of driving, you can control it as any kind of character (there is an option to start the game on vehicle, so you can have a full game just controlling that vehicle, in this case, being a "living" thing with animations).

Tell me if this is what you mean or if it was something else.

2.- There are not options for that yet, but yeah, I can add all of that into the todo list. I have pending the transition of camera fading to black on teleportation (I think it was you who mentioned but not sure) and it will be included on 3.0. Also, I have already added options on the teleport system to adjust the gravity orientation on the player (or any other element teleported) to a new one if it is necessary (maybe the player goes from a regular gravity room to another on zero gravity or with a new gravity direction).

Regards.

neodotca and Wetw0rx like this.
  2. neoshaman

neoshaman

How about 3 short cycle preview and one LTR version per number invcrease ;) rofl

3. Wetw0rx

Wetw0rx

Yeah but mostly for the AI characters actually. For example, I got this robot I tried to use for an enemy but the creator didnt support it's rig. I guess it's not a huge deal since the model can be rerigged but I was just curious. The IK thing makes sense. Then I was thinking about a flying drone type enemy so that's gonna probably require a different approach altogether.

4. hopeful

hopeful

My preference is for whatever works best for you, but if it truly was my choice, I'd want frequent updates.

5. sr388

sr388

Nice one haha. It could happen that even if shorter updates are the new dynamic, some longer update could get in the way, though this would be something to avoid.

Oh I see. I want to add AI type that is not human, so generic rig will be supported on a future update, to make any kind of AI, including flying type, making the controller and animation management separated from the AI logic (like current human AI), so it can be used and combined as needed.

Yeah, seems like this kind of updates is the one that most people prefer, so I will start to work in that way.

This means that 3.0 will come in different parts, everyone of them focused on specific systems or a little group of them. Also, this will make easy to get almost daily or weekly versions from the future repository without fear to have any broken system (sometimes this can happen while working on an improvement or new system, having some error or issue while the system or feature is not totally finished). Of course, version control can manage this too.

Btw, yesterday I added the map camera orientation system to change between the axis XY, XZ and YZ, so the map camera moves horizontally for regular map, or vertically on Z or X axis for 2.5d level type, including transitions for any kind of camera change ingame.

Here a gif (I discovered some days ago gifs from discord can be posted here with a higher file limit, 8 mb instead of 4), check how the map window changes from looking the ground to look on sides:

Regards.

neoshaman and Mark_01 like this.
  6. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to post the roadmap planned for 3.0, as @Aaron2348 asked for it and also, any other who didn't see it can do it now.

These are the main elements that will be added (and more will be included):
    • Armor/cloth system with all kind of stats and highly customizable
    • Improved third person movement and new animations
    • AI for vehicles, so humanoids will be able to drive them and use the weapons from these vehicles to shoot at targets automatically. Vehicles will be able to be driven by them self and shoot at targets as well, allowing to give order to vehicles like the player can do currently to AI characters
    • Shop/vendor system to buy/sell stuff, including weapon, upgrades, inventory objects, skill points, ammo, all kind of stuff
    • Experience system and a system to configure achievements to improve the player, weapons, vehicles, etc..
    • All pickups will be able to be managed on the inventory
    • The rest of info which should be stored in a file to be loaded/saved will be included
    • More weapons/tools, more behaviors to projectiles, more powers, more abilities (these system are already very modular for update 2.4d so it is very easy to add new ones), and mechanics related to physics and games like infamous, control and dishonored
    • Add systems to slice characters and 3d meshes similar to metal gear revegeance and dead space, including the ability to rotate the sword/weapon to select the direction of the cut
    • Grappling hook
    • More vehicles types for air, ground and sea, including the cargo system to place vehicles inside other vehicles, and the option to walk and move inside vehicles, including a train system
    • System to make driver and passengers on a vehicle to shake and move their bodies dynamically according to vehicle speed, turns, impacts, etc...
    • Improvements for AI
    • Inventory for the AI characters that can be taken once that character is dead
    • Split screen system with multiple characters on screen and input management of multiple gamepads, allowing to make games like a way out, portal 2, left 4 dead, resident evil 5 and 6, etc... with different genres, like adventure, action, shooter, survival horror, puzzles, etc...
    • Ability to switch between characters in the game, similar to GTA V or resident evil revelations 2
    • More mechanics related to space, like vacuum, oxygen, hull breaches and objects being pulled to outer space, an automatic land and take off system for ships and spatial stations, etc...
    • More type of devices, puzzles and interaction elements
    • Armored surfaces that will have settings that will determine how much resistance they are against projectiles, including ricochets, piercing bullets, explosive, etc...
    • Weapons that overheat, can have charged shoots, secondary shoots and can received damage, break and be repaired
    • Cinemachine integration and improved cutscene system
    • Initial version for dialogue system and improved mission/quest system from 2.4d
    • Stamina system
    • Use of gamepad on mobile
    • More options for the locked camera system and tank control, like auto aim, rotate 180 degrees, aim forward, up and down, and more old school elements
    • More 2.5d mechanics
    • Improvements for point and click, top down and isometric views
    • More hack mechanics similar to watch dogs 2
    • Dual weapons with a system similar to wolfestein to configure which weapons are carried in what hand
    • Crafting and survival mechanics including construction of structures
    • Pooling system
    This is part of the planned elements for 3.0 that are 100% confirmed to come and there is more that will be added (I will tell more once I get the todo list more organized), including improvements from previous systems too. Other elements will come too, like full body awareness, melee combat system, animations for weapons in first person, swim, climb (breath of the wild style, assassins creed type will come later), online multiplier, etc... but some of these could take a little more of time, so I can't confirm totally that they will be in 3.0, but they will come as soon as possible.

Probably some integration will arrive, like dialog system, quest machine and some other.

Regards.

Wetw0rx, kottabos, Mark_01 and 6 others like this.
  7. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

Wow, I cannot wait for 3.0. It's everything I need and more. You really think you can have this done 6 months after 2.5?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    sr388 likes this.
  8. sr388

sr388

Thanks. It is very probably 3.0 will come on separated updates focused on a certain feature/system from the roadmap, or a little group of them, so the updates won't take as much time to come as previously.

I like big updates but I want to reduce the time between them, so people is able to get the new systems sooner.

Regards.

9. Razmot

Razmot

Can you make a poll for the most desired features ? Google forms is probably more convenient than the forum.

I (still ;) think doing the basic ability system ( prone climb swim ...) asap makes sense, not coding every possible thing and variation by yourself but giving us the framework (and a little explanation) to add abilities properly.

You should look at opsive's TPC ability system/api, as you've got a big sales opportunity with all the people who are not happy with the big tpc upgrade price !

neodotca and sr388 like this.
  10. sr388

sr388

Mmmm, I didn't think about use google forms (polls here are not the most comfortable thing). So yeah, I will start to use them to get opinions about GKC, thanks for remind them.

About the ability system, yeah, it is in fact planned to be added on 3.0, and systems like swim, climb, etc.... will use this system, allowing to add new actions, having these as example to configure. It is another reason why the animator will be remade on 3.0, to make easy to configure the animations on new actions/abilities.

Regards.

MorpheusXI and Wetw0rx like this.
  11. neoshaman

neoshaman

I thought it was a status system lol

12. sr388

sr388

13. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Yesterday I finished to add the improvements on the locked camera to work properly when player uses a vehicle on this kind of view, but my internet died all night. Anyway, here the video:

Now if the player is on locked view and he gets on a vehicle, the camera will still on fixed position, avoiding that the player can change the view on the vehicle and if the vehicle moves to a zone with a free camera, the camera position will be placed again on the vehicle camera controller, having a free control of it. In case the vehicle enters in the zone of another locked camera, the camera will change to that fixed position too.

Also, the locked camera will follow the vehicle in case the camera configuration follows the player position on its settings. If player gets off from the vehicle on a locked view, the camera won’t move and will remain on its locked position

No matter what type of view you are using (top down, fixed position, isometric, etc...), the camera will keep behaving like it should. On the next update, I will add also vehicle control for 2.5d and point and click (this will use the AI on vehicles to work).

Regards.

Mark_01 and tgamorris76 like this.
  14. kottabos

kottabos

Out of curiosity will this include some sort of docking system so ships can approach and dock with other ships, stations etc.? Other than that question 3 looks like it's going to be amazing, I love all these new features. Keep up the great work

15. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

He mentions it, it's called the cargo system in the roadmap

16. sr388

sr388

Hi @kottabos. Thanks for your interest and compliments.

Yes, the docking system will be added, with options to being automatic or manual, with different options to allow as much customization as possible.

On automatic, the ship will need to move toward a certain position and rotation, so the station or the bigger ship attracts the player's ship and move it automatically inside of it, similar to infinite warfare.

prueba  12.gif

prueba  13.gif

prueba  14.gif
    For manual, you just need to rotate and move your ship to the place to "park". Both options will be able to be configured on the ship to dock and in the station/bigger ship. This will be similar to star citizen.

This will be also usable for littler ships, so you can for example have a motorbike on a ship, so you land the ship and can take the motorbike out to explore or move, like @tgamorris76, all of this will be part of the cargo system.

Regards.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    Mark_01, neodotca and tgamorris76 like this.
  17. kottabos

kottabos

Though interesting that's more landing/parking. What I mean for docking is 2 ships attaching to one another via an airlock. Imagine like how the soyuz capsule docks to the ISS.

sr388 likes this.
  18. sr388

sr388

Oh yes, that will be also included. It reminds me to the part of deliver us the moon when the player needs to adjust the position and rotation of the capsule to dock. You can see that part in this exact moment of the video:

I could add that kind of docking too, checking if the ship is in the proper position and rotation to be attached to the other ship/station. Even checking for velocity, so it if higher than x value, the ship is too fast and the dock won't be possible (even damaging both ships on the collision).

Consider it added in the todo list. Love all the mechanics and elements related to space.

Regards.

joshua_42, Wetw0rx, neodotca and 3 others like this.
  19. kottabos

kottabos

That's great to hear, can't wait to see this implemented with all the other amazing things in 3

sr388 likes this.
  20. sr388

sr388

Me niether :).

I have added one way platforms, allowing to configure if the platforms are ignored on top (pressing down with or without crouching) and bottom (player jumps from below or from the sides), both can be enabled or just one of them.

Also, option to move the camera up and down with an offset using vertical input on 2.5d view. There is also an option to use vertical input on 2.5d camera to crouch or get up.

new 25d camera options 8.gif

Regards.

21. neoshaman

neoshaman

When I will be ready I will stress test that thing so much, prepare for your future nightmare, because full game will be made :cool:

Still has to wait next month for proper energy intake lol 15 days to go

Wetw0rx and sr388 like this.
  22. sr388

sr388

Oh yes, my Reggie is body.

Looking forward for more feedback about the new version, the end is near.

Regards.

Mark_01, Wetw0rx, tgamorris76 and 2 others like this.
  23. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Quick progress update.

I have been improving the gravity system on locked camera, to make it work properly on 2.5d view so all the actions work as they should on any gravity direction. For the next update, the rest of views on the locked camera will work with the gravity system too.

Regards.

hopeful likes this.
  24. neoshaman

neoshaman

super mario galaxy!

sr388 likes this.
  25. sr388

sr388

Indeed.

I have been also making the necessary modifications to make sure the free floating mode and zero gravity mode works properly on 2.5d view (they are very short additions without need to make big changes on the code, just little checks according to if the player is on 3d, 2.5d, etc...).

Along with a couple of modifications for the camera limit system, which applies now properly an offset according to the if the player has a different gravity direction. In the above video you can see that in some surfaces, the camera is a little low that it should, not showing the player properly, like for example on the ceil. Now that works properly, no matter the gravity direction.

In a few hours I will have this ready to show. In the next update, all the gravity elements will be also addapted to the rest of views (which are basically the same type of 3d world configuration with different perspectives).

Regards.

Mark_01 and neoshaman like this.
  26. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Here the free floating mode working on 2.5d view. It also shows that it works on any gravity direction (as in 3d world).

Regards.

tgamorris76 and hopeful like this.
  27. magique

magique

Here is a screenshot of the GKC game I am releasing soon. This is a pre-alpha screenshot. The game is called Dragon Strike Force.

upload_2018-11-24_9-52-19.png

eaque, sr388, neodotca and 1 other person like this.
  28. magique

magique

Here is an updated shot with improved water.

upload_2018-11-24_10-1-25.png

Mark_01, eaque, neodotca and 3 others like this.
  29. neoshaman

neoshaman

the wii U game?

30. magique

magique

No, this is a PC game I'm developing. The Wii U game is an RPG game called Scions of Chaos: Prologue. I have 2 projects in development.

neoshaman likes this.
  31. sr388

sr388

Really cool with that fallout vibe. Can't wait to see more.

Also, like I said on discord, buoyancy for objects will be added along with sea vehicles, very probably in one of the updates related to 3.0.

Regards.

magique likes this.
  32. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

More things improved for the update 2.4d:
    • Improved character creator, simplifying its code and making sure it works properly with the new elements added. This change on the code will make easier to add new elements due to now, it moves the main objects inside the player's model from the previous to the new one (previously, these objects were removed and replaced, so the references on inspector were needed to be assigned again). With this way, the system just set the parent of these objects, so the references are untouched
    • Improved movement and rotation on hide in fixed place system, being more smooth on both now
    • Added option on move camera to device system (the system used in all the elements that move the player camera to a fixed position to use a device or similar objects) to set a custom rotation for camera and pivot when the player stops to use it, so you can make the player to look in a specific direction after he stop to use any device/object, for example, when he stops to hide in a locker. It allows to configure different directions for third and first person
    • Improved vehicle weapon system, now it allows to shoot freely on locked camera while the player drives the vehicle, just by moving the mouse on the screen, setting the position of the cursor where the weapon will fire

On this tweet you can see it better: https://twitter.com/santimonti90/status/1066550714988666881

Also, the free floating mode already can be used on regular locked camera view and I will try to get ready the gravity system and zero gravity mode on that view too for this update.

Regards.

neodotca and magique like this.
  33. neodotca

neodotca

Can't wait to see more, i'm never tired to kill zombies!

sr388 and magique like this.
  34. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Beta version 0.2 of the new update 2.4d is ready, so those who want to try it, send me a PM here, on discord or in the support email. This new version has a lot of new things and improvements respect the previous one.

The date to finish the update 2.4d still being the end of the month and I will post soon its full changelog (which is huge haha).

Here another improvement. On cameras like top down, usually the player aims and shoots in straight line in the direction where the mouse aims. This could cause that targets smaller than that height, or targets above that height are not damaged or reached by projectiles.

The systems checks the current object found by the cursor on the screen and set the transform field place to shoot from the health component as the position to look by the player, so the accuracy is 100% perfect, no matter the size of the target. Of course, the cursor can be move freely in any moment, so the player can shoot in any other direction.

top down weapons 3.gif

top down weapons 5.gif

top down weapons 8.gif

top down weapons 9.gif

Regards.

Mark_01, Razmot and neodotca like this.
  35. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

Game Kit Controller is 50% off on the asset store.

Regards.

36. Razmot

Razmot

I m gonna PM you for the beta but there is something I d like to ask here for others to benefit from :

Can you clean it a bit please ? The previous beta had a lot of stuff directly under the Assets folder, even some scripts. Something like Assets/GKC/Core and Assets/GKC/Extras ?

sr388 likes this.
  37. sr388

sr388

Of course, the extra content are some elements that I am finishing so I haven't placed them on the final folder. Other stuff on the project is probuilder and other things like the combat animations and a couple of tools that I use during the work.

Of course, this is not included in the final version of the store and the final beta version to share (which will be the same content that will be uploaded to the asset store) will be totally organized and in .package format, instead of the whole folder of the project, so you can import it easily to any project.

Regards.

38. sr388

sr388

Hi everyone.

I have been adding a lot of general improvements, like more customization options on the locked camera for the auto aim to enemies, being much better now, checking also if there are obstacles between the player and the possible target to look (like an enemy). Like this, the system avoids to set a target in a different room that the current one where the player is.

Some bugs found by users on the beta is fixed now and the character creator has been improved. If for some reason the automatic system has some issue or hasn't assign the bones correctly, you can use the manual build player (same component used by the character creator) to this The system searches the bones automatically, but you can assign manually those that are not correct, not found, etc... and build the new character. This reduces the possibility of errors during the character creation to 0.

improved character creator 1.gif
    Sorry for the small size, you can see it better here: https://twitter.com/santimonti90/status/1067338645651275776

Also, added option to look in the camera direction while moving, with the classical strafe movement

Regards.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    Mark_01 and neodotca like this.
  39. pbrowne

pbrowne

Simple question. How to constrain FPC looking in X and Y axis? For instance, I want to constrain looking down to around -45 degrees.

40. sr388

sr388

Hi @pbrowne.

Do you mean camera rotation limit on first person? For any view state on the player camera inspector, you can set the limit up and down. Here the option:

upload_2018-11-28_10-31-3.png

Tell me if this is what you asked or not.

More options have been added to have more customization for the camera on every state for 2.4d:

upload_2018-11-28_10-33-39.png

Btw, I have been making more improvements and fixes for the update, here the new content:
    • Improved ragdoll creator, similar to the character creator, it allows to assign automatically the bones used for ragdoll but also allows to set manually any bone before create the full ragdoll, so it can be reconfigured to assign the correct bone in case the automatic system doesn’t found the proper bone on non regular skeleton hierarchy
    • Improved transition from locked camera to free, keeping the previous camera direction movement when the player enters in free camera mode until he stops to use the direction movement input. Like that, the transition from locked to free view is smoother and more intuitive
    • Fixed issue on the character creator related to the creation of the player in an empty scene, as the system uses a prefab manager system where the path of the different prefabs are managed, so if there wasn’t a previous controller in the scene, the prefabs manager couldn’t be used to get the prefab path. Now this is fixed, no matter if the character is created in an empty scene
    And here a clip I recorded while testing the improved powers controls (this one is a power to join objects and make them to attract if they have rigidbodies or attract an object to a surface, made with the behavior system to add new powers easily):

attraction power 3.gif

Also, before end the update, I will check UMA and MCS models to make sure they work properly with GKC 2.4d and that the improved character and ragdoll creator are flexible enough for them, and so, for any kind of similar models too along with regulars.

Regards.

41. eaque

eaque

Hi,
    I look at your asset for a while.Your support looks fantastic and the kit is impressive.

I don't need to shoot or drive or so in my project but why not...:)
    sorry if this has already been asked...

I see you have a close combat with combo system and you start from third pers contr by Unity like i did:)..
    1/Can you tell me a bit more about this logic. I already wrote mine (i'm a noob so it's quite simple:p) but efficient...I'm afraid with performance...Is it trigger collision or anim sync logic? How do enemies see the player and detect him?

2/How does it go...My gameplay is gamepad based so how deep is the input mapping? Left and Right Triggers, key binding,...Dpad?

3/I suppose it's highly customisable (even in this version) guard, blocking and so...Can i tweak those to my needs or is there a basic gameplay to follow...(when i see some thid pers controller on the store i don't like the melee logic, not smooth at all ):(

thanks in advance

sr388 likes this.
  42. sr388

sr388

Hi @eaque.

Thanks for your interest in the asset and your kind words :), love to be on this forum and the discord channel.

You can't never say no to shoot and drive..... hahaha.

1.- The current close combat system is still being a little simple, it is have been improved since its first version, being more optimized with a better and cleaner code. It works with a counter and an animation state checking, so in every input, it checks if the next combat animation can be done or not.

It also uses trigger detection to check what objects have been touched and apply damage to it. The triggers used are configured in a list, so you can place them and set its state during combat (usually on hands and feet).

But it will be improved on 3.0, since the animator of the player will be redone to make it more organized and easy to modify along with adding new actions easily, so they can be played on specific places and situations, like open a door, open a chest, press a button, climb a ladder, etc...

Along with this, the combat system itself will be improved, being more customizable and powerful, including options to use anim sync logic as well. Also, part of this system will be extended for the melee combat system too, which will arrive on 3.0 as well.

Respect the enemies, they use two range triggers, one general (a sphere), to store all the possible targets inside this radius and a capsule collider (it could be used any other collider shape) for its vision, so he can check for targets on his vision range that are outside its sphere radius.

Also, for his vision range, an angle limit can be configured, so even if a target is inside his radius range and his vision trigger, if the target is outside his vision angle, he won't be able to see it, so AI can seen everything or have a more limited senses. He can also hear for sounds from impacts, weapons shoot, projectiles collisions, player's steps (making more noise according to if he is running, walking, crouching, ...) etc... added on the upcoming update 2.4d

2.- On 2.4d, the input system was hugely improved, being much more customizable and flexible, allowing to set a list of axes (the previous system uses only one axes), to configure different list of inputs, to make list like basic movements, camera control, use of weapons, powers, driving, use of menus, puzzles, examine objects, etc...

On this previous post you can see more how the previous system was on 2.4c (current version on the store) and how 2.4d looks now (upcoming update for this month): https://forum.unity.com/threads/50-...w-demo-build-2-4d.351456/page-47#post-3809881

This new system works with events, so any action can call any function you can need, like that is not necessary to even touch the code to add new actions. Also, you can set how the action is called, if on press down, while holding the key or in release.

Also, as you can see in that post, every action can have a gamepad button assigned, working in the same way as the keyboard, including the press down, hold and release option. The system also allows to edit the input ingame and save it, checking if the current input is the keyboard or the gamepad in real time.

In this tweet you can see how this works: https://twitter.com/santimonti90/status/1037026184893292545

In this other post you can see more info about this new input system: https://forum.unity.com/threads/50-...w-demo-build-2-4d.351456/page-40#post-3613987

3.- The asset has a lot of option on every system to customize, you can use all of them, or make a simpler controller with the regular controls from games like adventure, shooter, walking simulator, first person, puzzle game, survival horror, etc...

Things like powers, abilities, weapons, the gravity system, combat, head track system, etc... they all can be disabled or just some of them, or have them all active, including options to enable or disable certain elements on it. It is one of the objectives of the asset, allow as much customization as possible without need to touch the code.

About guard, blocking, it is not included yet, but they are planned to do, the close combat and the melee combat will be added soon and they will have both options, including damage reaction animations according to the direction of the hit. I want to look at games like dark souls and legend of zelda for this melee combat, but the system will be configurable to make other combat styles, make it faster or slower according to the type of game.

Tell me if this solve your doubts or if you have any other.

Regards.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    neodotca likes this.
  43. pbrowne

pbrowne

Yep, that is what I was looking for, thanks!

When will 2.4d be released? Will it include climbing ladders?

sr388 likes this.
  44. sr388

sr388

Glad to hear that.

The update will be ready at the end of the month and will take just a few days later (probably a week) to make a new trailer, captures and similar and to be released in the asset store.

Once the final update version is ready (from beta to gold state), any user who doesn't want to wait for its release, will be able to get it before, by sending me a PM.

Btw, I have been testing MCS and it works perfectly, the improved character creator allows to assign properly a couple of bones that the automatic system doesn't assigns properly, due to the hierarchy of this skeleton, which is complex than usual. I will try later UMA and should work as well as this.

Here a gif about it (the recoil values of the assault rifle needs to be adjusted xd):

MCS 2.gif

MCS 3.gif

MCS 4.gif
    Regards.

uni7y, neodotca and hopeful like this.
  45. pbrowne

pbrowne

Thanks.

I am using Horse Animset Pro 3 (HAP) in my game. Part of the reason for asking about the player camera restraint, is that I don't want the player when mounted on a horse to look underneath and see an empty saddle that he is meant to be sitting on! The constraint works well for this.

Now I have asked the HAP dev to look into automatically setting this constraint when mounted as a first person rider on a horse. This includes constraining the ability to look in 360 degrees horizontally. A rider should not be able to do this when mounted on a horse due to anatomical restrictions (unless they are a zombie or undead...).

So my question to you now is whether an X constraint is available for the player camera (this would be a fall back position depending on the HAP dev)? I don't mind limiting the player camera for example to 135 degrees left and right, which would be realistic. Any more than 135 degrees and the player would need to physically turn around to look backwards as a real person does.

46. sr388

sr388

Hi again @pbrowne. Sorry for the time for reply, I just fall asleep for a while.

Mmmm, I see. I could add an horizontal limit in the camera state class and a function to enable and disable it (due to it won't be used while the player can move freely), so you can set the value to horizontal limit to true or false with an event for example, when the player rides on the horse, or adding the function call in the code.

For example on the vehicle camera this is already an option to limit vertical and horizontal rotation in case the camera state is configured as first person (like inside the vehicle or in a position place on a side or behind, similar to the multiple views on vehicles in GTA).

Tell me if add this option on player camera would work for you.

Regards.

47. pbrowne

pbrowne

Thanks, sleeping is OK!

I will see what the HAP dev says in respect to adding that constraint from his system. If that is problematic, then I will get back to you.

Thanks,

Peter

sr388 likes this.
  48. eaque

eaque

Many thanks for your very detailed answer!

I suppose i could use your event system alone in my project? and your NPC logic might be very useful..Can i use it to create friends NPC to follow the player and respond order in the actual version 2.4c? Sounds very good!
    Actually it looks like an investment for maybe future ideas...

Kind regards:)

sr388 likes this.
  49. sr388

sr388

Ok, I have already thought how to add this system, so it will be easy and quick to add if you need it (I am assuming the camera control while riding a horse is the one from GKC, right?

There are parts that could be used separately on your project (things like the map system, custom input and a few more).

About NPCs, yes they can follow the player and you can give orders to them, like follow, wait, attack and hide. More options will be added and the system will be improved, so more commands will be available along with more options on the AI itself, even a dedicated update focused on the AI.

Regards.

eaque likes this.
  50. pbrowne

pbrowne

OK, the HAP dev just suggests that I modify the player controller to implement the required constraints. So he is not looking at implementing this in HAP. So yes, implementing the constraint on the GKC player camera would be required.

Peter