Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Game Bridge 2020 (Dialogue & Interaction)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Ruchmair, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

INCLUDED WITH STORYTELLER

This is an old post . please see the Storyteller Unity Forum post for more recent info.

Game bridge , which allows you to use your storyteller data in game.

There are currently three example scenes in the Game Bridge project.
    Detective Bot (basic setup for a mini mystery game)
    ● (Basic setup for a visual novel)
    NPC Quest (basic setup for NPC interction)

btw , character art assets shown in this dating sim example were created by https://twitter.com/liah0227 and are free to use images which are not included in the Game bridge package.

This image is from the Detective Bot scene.

By using game bridge along with storyteller we can set up character interactions in a logical way.

Quickly and very easily bring your stories to life with game bridge by generating dialogue data set from any storyteller scene and using it directly in game.
    What Game Bridge Can do?

●Define your Player. This determines which character in your story will be your main player in your game.

● Easily Setup UI for dialogue interfaces. Design any UI you want and simply drag and drop parts to setup.

Dedicated Typing text setup and standard instant text display.

Keyword filters. This will search your displayed text for a flagged word and replace it. example use case: needing to mention a character by name if the name is setup at runtime. replaced and replacing words can be static written words or dynamic scripted strings.

Voiceover playback, the voice clips your record in storyteller can be pushed over into your Scene Data and used in game.

Sound Effect Playback, allows you to playback sound effects you push to game bridge.

Alternate Route Titles. This allows you to define a custom text for the choices a character will make if you are using a UI with choices . For example , in a dating sim game.

Condition System. Trigger any multiple functions based on any condition/ conditions from any node. This allows you to be able to literally trigger any function what can be triggered in your game.

Example : if players health is less than 50% , tell the player to go to talk to the health potion vendor.

Example: if character hair colour is blue then trigger function to blow up a building.

you can also shift the execution order of your conditions with a single button click.

Time controlled condition system . Conditions can use your nodes delay or duration, realtime delay, or custom time to determine when to trigger a function/ functions.

Auto Start Condition System. By turning on Auto start. conditions are triggered once your dialogue or character data is processed. There are also several other condition specific functions.

We have placed the assets in the Storyteller Package. If you download Game Bridge then you are already a storyteller user so you get the assets. What you get.
    ● High Quality character asset
    ● Fully modeled and detailed example scene.
    ● Example prefabs
    ●simple effects and environment assets
    along with full playable story examples , templates, example sceneData assets

●MANY MORE UPDATES TO COME
    The two core components for game bridge right now will be the Dialoguer and Character components which are similar. except Dialoguer processes story data with a predetermined path and the Character component handles dynamic dialogue generation.

Our Storyteller Scripting API documentation outlines the data structure of your Story, Scene and Nodes and gives you the information you need in order to access and make use of stories , scene and character data however you want to.

Version 2020.1 and 2020.1.2 require Storyteller 2020.1 or higher

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  2. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Version 2020.1.5 has been released .

Here is a very basic example of a convo setup without coding. This is just one of many use cases.

3. stardev24

stardev24

I am using unity version 2021.2.13f1 and storyteller version 2022.When I select default project detective bot I can able to see storyteller canvas but when I click on play it is showing blank screen.Do I need to select specific scene to play this default project?When I try to export I am getting the following error on console

Code (CSharp):
    1. DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "Desktop/Unity/StoryPlugin/Assets/Storyteller/Example Stories/Detective Bot Project Data/Detective Bot Export Folder (English)/css/character_style.css".
    2. System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) (at <c601d84e56504c3dba1634d3be4a96be>:0)
    3. System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share) (at <c601d84e56504c3dba1634d3be4a96be>:0)
    4. (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
    Kindly help me as I am newbie to unity

Attached Files:

4. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

i'm replying to you on discord at the moment

5. Ruchmair

Ruchmair