Search Unity

[Released] Game Ads

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by CorruptedHeart, Oct 12, 2011.

1. CorruptedHeart

CorruptedHeart

Just released Version1.0 of Game Ads.

A simple to use method of displaying image ads within a game.

Through the use of a text file on a server you can dynamically display your latest releases, patches or add-ons without having to edit your old games. Simply update the text file and changes will be reflected across all your games (if they use the same file).

Includes an easy to use editor for the Ads text file.

Price: $2
    Unity Version: 3.4.1
    Language: C# (but should work with Unityscript if they GamesAd folder is moved into Standard Assets)
    Development machine: Windows (x64), Should work across Windows pcs, if anyone would like to test it on a Mac, let me know.

Asset Store Link: http://u3d.as/content/corrupted-smile-studio/game-ads

WebPlayer V1.0 Demo: link

In Actual Game: link - Under "Our New Releases"

Change Log:
    Version 1.0
    - Added Text-Based Ads
    - Added Text and Image-based Ads
    - Small bug fixing and comments
    - XML based file format

Version 0.91
    - Documentation added
    - Small bug fixing and error checking

Version 0.9
    - Callback overloaded display method
    - Removal of a separate random method, instead it is rolled into one. Check documentation.

Version 0.7
    - Initial release
    - Editor
    - Full example script

Regards,
    Garth

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  2. CorruptedHeart

CorruptedHeart

Just submitted version 0.9 to the Asset Store, so awaiting their approval.

New Features:
    - Callback method of displaying ads, pass in a method as a parameter and it gets called with the ad details for user implemented display methods.

Changes:
    - Removed parameter-less random ad display method, opted for a more variable based method by passing in -1 will result in a random ad.

Language is C#, however if you using UnityScript you can simply move the GameAds folder into Standard Assets to access the classes from UnityScript.

Regards,
    Garth

3. CorruptedHeart

CorruptedHeart

Version 0.91 has been released it is basically a documentation upgrade along with the version 0.9 updates.

Game Ads will continue to be $2 for the next two weeks before the price raises to $5, so get it while it's cheap.

4. CorruptedHeart

CorruptedHeart

I decided instead of just upping the price that I was going to give an update to go with the up in price of $ 3. I am currently still working out a couple small bugs and comments and such. But I hope to have the new version live by the end of the week if not sooner.

The new version brings with it XML based ad file (because it is easier to work with in this circumstance), text-based ads and text and image based ads. Which you can see in the demo I have included below.

Game Ads - V1.0 Demo

5. CorruptedHeart

CorruptedHeart

I have just uploaded version 1.0 of Game Ads to the Asset Store, it is now awaiting review. I will update once it is live.

Regards,
    Garth

6. CorruptedHeart

CorruptedHeart

Version 1.0 has been accepted and should be live within the hour.

Regards,
    Garth