Search Unity

[RELEASED] Fury Framework - RPG/RTS Creator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by andorov, Dec 23, 2011.

1. RGreulich

RGreulich

Anyone have info on getting the player to recognize mesh colliders? They walk right through any of the environment models in the scene.

2. andorov

andorov

You have to bake the navigation mesh. The navigation mesh will MeshColliders into account, and will build out a "floorplan" that units will obey.

3. RGreulich

RGreulich

Thank you for the quick reply!! I will try when I get home from work.

4. RTS-dev

RTS-dev

That's great news. Are you planning to update the indie package and the asset store package as well? Any ETA on that if "yes."

5. andorov

andorov

The demo packages on the website have been updated for Unity 4. The AssetStore package is in the works, and will be updated by week's end.

6. Niklas-Persson895

Niklas-Persson895

For those of you that struggled to make only one player always "Selected" from start just add the following to the end of our Initialize() method of SimpleHUD.cs

Code (csharp):
    1. //This iterates through each of the "Players" (or commanders) in the current game session
    2. foreach (var commander in Fury.Behaviors.Manager.Instance.Commanders)
    4.  //This iterates through each unit that commander currently have in the game
    5.                     foreach (var unit in commander.Units)
    7. //This selects only the units that are controlled by the Current commander (The player)
    8.                             if (unit.Owner == Owner)
    10. //This adds that or those units to the "Selection" list
    11.                                 Selection.Add(unit);
    also, dont forget to remove the posibility to "Remove" the selection itself, this is done quite easy by searching for the term Selected.clear and Selected.Remove.

this was a quick fix.. it helped me out, but im not a schooled programmer.... if anyone knows a better way, please share with the group :p :cool:

7. RTS-dev

RTS-dev

Hey Andorov,

DId you get a chance to push a new version of the Framework to the asset store?

Thanks!

8. andorov

andorov

No, not yet. Though if you already own the framework, you can download Binaries + Pro Trial and just swap out the trial binaries. That's basically the package that is going to be in the AssetStore.

9. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hello, iam interested into your framework but I need a different naviation. Instead of "pointclick to walk" I want only 1 player and movement control via W, A, S, Y keys. is that out-of-the-box possible or do I need to change programming code?

10. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Another question what I didnt saw in your great tutorial videos. How can I make a teleport or kind of jump from Map 1 to Map 2?

11. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hello, how to I make a connection between map 1 and map 2? And, could you imclude a quest system? Like FIND Item X ... etc?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  12. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

another question. I following the tutorial. When I place the dummy, its disappear in play mode. Guess its falling through the ground plane? Why?

13. drewradley

drewradley

Where is this patch? I've been waiting since July for this patch and haven't seen it. I've had no luck updating it by downloading the demo and the binaries and I really don't want to upgrade my project to Unity 4 anyway.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  14. OnkelK

OnkelK

Hey andorov,

this framwork has freaking much potential!
    but after playing around with eval-version and "replaying" the tutorials I ran into the problem that I get everytime i want to create a custom definition from a script an error like "You script needs to inherit from Fury.Database.Defintion. But it definitly inherits the Definition-class.
    I am using the most actual version of Unity-Indie 4.0.1f2. Has anyone other experienced the same problem and will it be fixed or am I stuck with it?

Best regards,
    Hannes

15. Argentooo21

Argentooo21

Hi!. i have a simple question, in multiplayer mode, how i can select a player/model (warrior/mage/etc) through a GUI before starting the game??.

Bye!

16. andorov

andorov

Can you copy-paste your custom definition class?

17. andorov

andorov

You can progmatically modify the SelectionController object in the SimpleHUD.cs class to achieve what you're looking for.

18. OnkelK

OnkelK

This would be my custom class:
    Code (csharp):
    1. using System;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using System.Linq;
    4. using System.Text;
    6. using UnityEngine;
    8. using Fury;
    10. public class Queue : Fury.Database.Token
    11. {
    12.     public list<Fury.Database.Ability> possibleUnits;
    15. }
    But I tried it with any Token from the Tutorial ... e.g. the Equipment class and I couldn't create any assets.

19. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi,
    I`m practicably about to buy this kit. Can I add a 'silent' status so that enemy unit cant use abilities, and how?
    Some documentation ISpeed argument and implementation for slow attack would be great thanks for this awesome framework.

Cheers

20. llde_chris

llde_chris

Hi Andorov,

Following the video tutorials, it works fine in the Editor. However, I'm getting this error on the iPad, similar to Hunkahunka's a page or so back:

ExecutionEngineException: Attempting to JIT compile method '(wrapper managed-to-native)
    System.Threading.Interlocked:CompareExchange
    (Fury.General.Action,Fury.General.Action,Fury.General.Action)
    ' white running with --aot-only.

at Fury.Behaviors.Manager.add_OnMapLoaded
    (Fury.General.Action value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The code that triggers this is:

Fury.Behaviors.Manager.Instance.OnMapLoaded += new Fury.General.Action(OnMapLoaded);

The definition for OnMapLoaded is simply this:

void OnMapLoaded()
    {
    Debug.Log("OnMapLoaded was called");
    }

The event is not called.
    Commenting out the += event makes the error go away. I'm already using the Mobile binaries included in the source distribution.
    How do I get this to run? I'm mostly just following the video tutorials.

Thanks,
    Chris

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  21. dl_studios

dl_studios

Hi Androv,

Just purchased Fury. We've been encountering a weird bug in both the tutorial scenes and also in your Fury webplayer demo on dreadware.com. The bug is when we click on a character to select it the camera shoots off in a random direction causing the character to go out of view. I've tried using my wacom tablet and magic mouse both had the same result. Any ideas what is going on?

That said I'm excited about this framework it looks like it will save us a lot of time.

Thanks,

Dixon

22. fisj

fisj

Hi all,

I bought Fury, and I love it, however I'm having a weird issue with the Mobile binaries. Maybe someone here can help.

I get a script error: (full error listed below, snipped for brevity)
    <Fury.Database.Energy,Fury.Controllers.VitalityController.Generator>' does not contain a definition for `AmountPercentage'

Here's the repro steps:
    1) New scene, import the FuryProEval.unitypackage from dreadware site.
    2) Close Unity, replace binaries in Assets/Fury/Framework with the mobile equivalents from the dreadware site source (prebuilt).
    3) Run unity again, and build scene.

If I comment out or remove the HUD parts, it then goes on to complain about other missing definitions. So if I were to guess I'd say the mobile binaries are corrupt, or unity isn't recognizing them properly.

I'm running Unity Pro Trial 4.0.1f2 on MacOS 10.8.2
    Default build settings are iOS, player settings function normally, and the scene successfully compiles to iOS before Fury is imported.

Any thoughts? I really can't think of anything at this stage except Unity being the Pro Trial. I know there's people using Fury on iOS, which versions of the editor are you successfully compiling the binaries with?

Edit: Just tried the mobile binaries using indie Unity 4.1 on PC. Same error.

Thanks in advance!

-Paul

Full Error Below:

Assets/Fury/Tutorial/Content/Interface/SimpleHUD.cs(323,109): error CS1061: Type `System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair<Fury.Database.Energy,Fury.Controllers.VitalityController.Generator>' does not contain a definition for `AmountPercentage' and no extension method `AmountPercentage' of type `System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair<Fury.Database.Energy,Fury.Controllers.VitalityController.Generator>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Fury/Tutorial/Content/Interface/SimpleHUD.cs(323,33): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `SimpleHUD.DrawBar(UnityEngine.Texture2D, UnityEngine.Texture2D, float, float, float, float, float)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/Fury/Tutorial/Content/Interface/SimpleHUD.cs(323,33): error CS1503: Argument `#7' cannot convert `object' expression to type `float'

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  23. andorov

andorov

Hey Dixon,

I think I've ran into this issue with other Unity projects as well. I don't think some combination of hardware/browser works as well. Can you try building the project into a standalone and see if you're having the same issue?

24. andorov

andorov

There is an issue with the tutorial not playing well with the mobile libraries. The problem is relatively simple and is an oversight on my part. I will be uploading new packages to rectify the situation.

25. ujellyx

ujellyx

before i buy this sweet framework of yours:
    i'm relatively new to unity and the mechanics, so when i want to make further adjustments to the source-code you provide additionally, how do i compile/build it to use my updated version in Unity?

by the way - is there a way to adjust the "RTS Configuration"-Panel at the start of the application?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  26. mbevier

mbevier

There's a few ways to go about doing this.

1. Build the solution in Visual Studio, and use a post build event to copy the dlls to your project folder. The advantage here is a much nicer IDE to work with than MonoDevelop. For example: echo f | xcopy "$(TargetPath)" "C:\MyProject\MyProject.Unity\Assets\Fury\Framework\" /Y

2. Take the source code and copy the .cs files into your project. Reference the source files directly rather than from the Fury assembly. Make changes with VS, MonoDevelop, or whichever editor you'd prefer and Unity will detect changes automatically. This makes it a little more straight forward to step through code with debugging.

I tend to prefer using Visual Studio - but debugging can be a bit more of a hassle than using MonoDevelop. There's a converter to take the pdb from Visual Studio and make it usable in MonoDevelop for debugging - but I ran into errors trying to run this against the fury.dll. In the end, because I wanted to step through code, I just use MonoDevelop.

There is also UnityVS that can bring together the best of both worlds - but it's not cheap.
    http://unityvs.com/

27. ujellyx

ujellyx

how can i do that? an example would be nice

28. mbevier

mbevier

An easy way to do this would be to remove the Fury.dll from your project, and then copy all the source .cs files from the Fury Engine source folder into the Framework folder in your project. Basically copy the Engine folder (excluding any obj / bin folders) into your Unity Project. Once that is done, you can then add components as you normally would (e.g. Unit, etc), but they would be coming directly from the source file rather than from the Fury.dll assembly. Changing in those source files now included in your project will automatically be compiled by unity.

29. ujellyx

ujellyx

is there any way i can exchange the DLL with the source-files properly without having to reapply the components to each object? i already got a little project running, so it would be a "pain in the ass" to reapply and reconfigure them all manually

30. OminStyle

OminStyle

Hi, I'm having some issue running the Fury Framework Evaluation (Unity Indie). I've downloaded the zip file from your website and tried to run it after extracting everything but Unity crashes. Next, I've tried making a new project in Unity and imported the "Assets" folder only. Unity does not crash by doing this but I get errors saying that "The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!" Is this because I'm using Unity 4.1.1?

31. order66

order66

Same problem here!

32. order66

order66

Are there any known issues with mobile devices?

Runs well when playing in the editor, but won't run on android device.

33. order66

order66

Just did a little bit of testing. Getting an "Missing Mono Behaviour" error.

Can't seem to access any class. Seems like the Fury.dll isn't pushed to the device at all, so all class files are missing, ergo can't work. Putting the Fury.dll into a "Resources" folder doesn't change anything.

Please see my email for the source code access so I can get on this problem ;)

34. andorov

andorov

Yep, Unity updates tend to break precompiled projects.

I've updated both the packages and they should be usable right out the gate.

35. WackyCoder

WackyCoder

Did anyone manage to find a way to modify the range of weapon during runtime? I tried various method and even gotten to modify weapon damage but I can't seem to be able to do anything about weapon range.

36. andorov

andorov

Set the range of the weapon to the maximum possible, then, at run time when the weapon is about to be used, check the "dynamic" range of the weapon and go from there!

37. WackyCoder

WackyCoder

Thanks for quick reply! While I ended up doing things somewhat differently, your advise to set weapon range to maximum did set me on right path. But now I have different question, is there a way to change Pre-Delay, Post-Delay or Cooldown for weapon during run time? Basically what I try to do is make a status effect that act like Haste/Quicken buff from most RPG. I tried ISpeed but that only change movement speed while the attacking speed stay the same.

38. Syaz

Syaz

Hi, where is this SimpleHUD package everyone keep talking about? I can't find it in the package nor the Asset Store.

Edit: Forgive my incompetence. I'm new to Unity. Found it using the search box in Project pane that I never noticed.:neutral:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  39. andorov

andorov

Are you trying to shorten cooldown for the skill via a debuff?

IE: If I have "haste" on a unit, it cools its skills down faster?

40. WackyCoder

WackyCoder

Yes, and same thing for weapon cool down too.

41. chilemanga

chilemanga

Is there any part of the tutorial in which it shows hoy to spawn several units?
    We are having a problem generating units when Awake method is called for any unit.

42. andorov

andorov

What issue are you having specifically? Any errors?

43. WJ

WJ

Hi, I have a couple of questions I hope you can help with.

Seeing as there is no Co Routine in Ability whats the best way or shooting projectiles when an animation is at a specific point in the time line?

Any chance of having the Hud.QueueAbility made available within a Unit as well? This would allow queuing of abilities for enemies instead of just a basic attack.

Last one is can you make it so abilities can be attached and configured at run time? This would help with the creation of generic abilities that can support different models, so Fire Spell Projectile could be configured with a cast point, cast time (animation timeline time) and any other parameters needed that are unique to that model.

Thanks

44. MSR-Gale

MSR-Gale

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  45. WJ

WJ

46. aanimation

aanimation

hi...i have plan to purchase this product, but i want to try a demo, where can i get download these files? i hav watching video tutorials and im interest to build. need file core like fury.dll, fury.xml etc. where i can download the demo files? arham@bmt.co.id

47. andorov

andorov

http://www.dreadware.com/downloads.aspx

contains the demo files.

48. XPG

XPG

How can i control my player (move player, attack enemies ) using keyboard?

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  49. gaweph

gaweph

Hello Andorov.

I have been using the framework for a week or so now. Will likely get the full version very soon.

Does anyone have a good implementation of the a gathering/harvesting ability for an RTS style game. My first thought is to create an ability "Harvest", which can be used on a deposit "Minerals".

Im thinking that a token can be given to the deposit in the OnCreated method and given a status equal to the number of minerals present. Then when the ability is cast on the deposit a token can be given to the caster, this would then decrement the deposit token amount.

The only problem with this is that the state has to be a Byte, so can only be a max of 127?
    Would it be better to make many tokens in the deposit, and give a token per trip to the caster?

Anyone have any thought on this type of ability.

50. Apshai-Arts

Apshai-Arts

You can go here: http://unitygems.com/lateral1/ and download the package at the end, this has helped me in similar situations (but I have not tried it with/on MonoBehaviours from DLLs, check the last comments for details). It finds and fixes 'missing scripts' for you.