Search Unity

[RELEASED]-- FUNCAR Kit -- Get driving any car FAST!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Redheadrobot, Sep 2, 2015.

?

What would you like to see in the next UPDATE?

1. Headlight, Brake Lights & Indicators?

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Smoke Effects on wheels and exhausts?

10 vote(s)
    22.7%
  3. Tire marks on skids?

14 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. More Car types?

10 vote(s)
    22.7%
  5. Sound FX? Engine, braking...

9 vote(s)
    20.5%
  6. Speed Boost?

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  7. AI opponent cars?

21 vote(s)
    47.7%
  8. Controller support?

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  9. Mobile controls?

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. hibbygames

hibbygames

Csabbah, sorry for taking 8 years to see your question! If you are still struggling with this, there is a 'mergeMeshes' script that we had on the parent gameObject for the track. All the drivable meshes are children of it. They had to have Read/Write enabled on the import settings of their meshes. There was no collider on any of them. That script goes through all the children and combines them into one mesh that it uses as a collider to put on the parent. It kind of rounds out the positions of each vertice to help them snap together perfectly, and then make one single seamless mesh that should get rid of that annoying bump the car hits between the seams. You should be able to put all your meshes together inside of a gameobject, remove their colliders, make sure their import settings allow read/Write, and put that MergeMeshes script on the parent gameObject, and hopefully that will make it work nicely

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  2. zenGarden

zenGarden

Hi,
    I tried to import model file (FBX) Wheels from folder "FBX_Car_parts" into Blender but i don't see any animations.
    Or how to make and animate Wheels in Blender to get them working with Fun Car Kit 2 ?

3. Lohrion

Lohrion

Hey there,
    what happened to the kit? It says it has been deprecated on the asset store :-/

4. nukeD

nukeD

I just purchased the other day to build my next racing game... what happened?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  5. hibbygames

hibbygames

I have reached out to Redhead about fixing it

nukeD likes this.
  6. nukeD

nukeD

It was not deliberate then. Cool, good luck guys!

7. nukeD

nukeD

Still down.

8. rrahim

rrahim

Is this asset still being developed?

9. nukeD

nukeD

What happened guys? Are you retiring it in favor of Hibby Kart? It was a good product to keep working on.

10. hibbygames

hibbygames

I sincerely apologize. This project is owned by Redhead Robot, and we have parted ways. I have tried to work with him to update it. It's out of my control. I have made an alternative asset, which is free. It doesn't have a car controller in the asset itself, because I didn't want to step on his toes too much, but it's a free car, and I've made a car controller tutorial that goes along with it, so you can build your own pretty easily using other free assets. I hope this will help, and I do plan to do updates for it because I have ownership and control of it. I am sorry about this

nukeD and zenGarden like this.