Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

[released] Fullscreen Editor

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MukaSchultze, Apr 14, 2019.

1. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

Sometimes hours, sometimes minutes. Ironically, it did it again not more than 3 minutes after posting here and I had just restarted Unity, so it could happen right away.

2. FalconHun

FalconHun

Hi,
    I just tried the asset the first time and it seems something does not work correctly for me. Unity version 2020.3.0f1

This is a simple scene
    upload_2021-8-1_10-21-25.png

When I hit F10 to fullscreen I get this
    upload_2021-8-1_10-21-50.png

I would expect the cube to be in the middle and the gray background of the game view should not be visible.
    Am I doing something wrong?

3. MukaSchultze

MukaSchultze

This is a known issue on screens that have some sort of scaling and I have a beta fix for it, mail me your invoice number if you want to test it before it's live on the asset store.

4. FalconHun

FalconHun

Thanks. I did not think that the scaling might be the issue. I have 125% scaling in Windows.

5. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

I've been dealing with window weirdness lately and after eliminating all possible sources, I'm left with suspecting Fullscreen as the culprit, especially since removing Fullscreen from the project eliminates the problem.

Textures have been jumping between mipmap levels, even when just idling in the scene window. I can also make them jump by passing the mouse cursor over them. The first clue was a very blurry window when first going fullscreen, then it sharpens up. This isn't scene-wide though. It only happens on texture mipmaps. I suspect the window resolution is being rescaled internally and causing mipmaps to recalculate.

Unity 2020.3.16
    DX11 Standalone
    4K monitor @ 200% scaling
    Windows 10

6. MukaSchultze

MukaSchultze

Are you using multiple displays? The blurry thing usually happens when you switch windows between screens with different densities.

In any way, you can disable the "Disable Scene View Rendering" in the Fullscreen preferences, that is the only thing that the plugin changes in the scene view. Let me know if that works.

7. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

Another test with Fullscreen removed from the project shows the issue is still there so this isn't the problem. Thanks for your help and sorry for the false positive.

MukaSchultze likes this.
  8. OvergearBlade

OvergearBlade

Hi, just got this and does what it says on the tin. However I'm getting this null reference when I use a Shortcut to exit fullscreen only after the 'Press F# to exit full screen' popup has fully faded.
    I'm on Unity 2019.2.11f. It still functions fine, just gives this error

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. FullscreenEditor.ReflectionUtility.IsOfType (System.Type toCheck, System.Type type, System.Boolean orInherited) (at Assets/Fullscreen/Editor/ReflectionUtility.cs:140)
    3. FullscreenEditor.ReflectionUtility.IsOfType[T] (T obj, System.Type type, System.Boolean orInherited) (at Assets/Fullscreen/Editor/ReflectionUtility.cs:148)
    4. FullscreenEditor.FixGameViewMouseInput+<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<UpdateGameViewArea>b__0 () (at Assets/Fullscreen/Editor/FixGameViewMouseInput.cs:15)
    5. FullscreenEditor.After+<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<Condition>b__1 () (at Assets/Fullscreen/Editor/After.cs:28)
    6. UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:303)

MukaSchultze likes this.
  9. leooi

leooi

Hi,
    the fullscreen seem not worked as expected, this is my normal game view:
    upload_2021-11-13_11-35-48.png
    When Hit F10:
    upload_2021-11-13_11-36-19.png
    it seem zoom in
    pls advise

Unity 2020.3.18
    MacOS BigSur
    upload_2021-11-13_11-38-56.png

thanks

10. MukaSchultze

MukaSchultze

Can you try chaging the "Placement Source" in the preferences and see if that fixes the problem?

Also, I've noticed that you're using a custom resolution in the game view (1920x1080), does that matches your screen resolution? Can you try chaging that and let me know if anything changes?

leooi likes this.
  11. leooi

leooi

i changed to Placement Source to Custom, and play around with the rect X and Y, but still no luck, the problem still exist.

12. MadStuntman

MadStuntman

Unity 2022.1.0b1.
    Unity developers changed the internal views again.

Code (CSharp):
    1. MissingMethodException: Method 'UnityEditor.ContainerWindow.Show' not found.
    2. FullscreenEditor.ReflectionUtility.FindMethod (System.Type type, System.String methodName, System.Type[] args, System.Boolean throwNotFound) (at Assets/Tools/Fullscreen/Editor/ReflectionUtility.cs:96)
    3. FullscreenEditor.ReflectionUtility.InvokeMethod (System.Object obj, System.String methodName, System.Object[] args) (at Assets/Tools/Fullscreen/Editor/ReflectionUtility.cs:133)
    4. FullscreenEditor.FullscreenContainer.CreateFullscreenViewPyramid (UnityEngine.Rect rect, UnityEditor.EditorWindow childWindow) (at Assets/Tools/Fullscreen/Editor/FullscreenContainerInternal.cs:57)
    5. FullscreenEditor.FullscreenWindow.OpenWindow (UnityEngine.Rect rect, System.Type type, UnityEditor.EditorWindow window, System.Boolean disposableWindow) (at Assets/Tools/Fullscreen/Editor/FullscreenWindow.cs:185)
    6. FullscreenEditor.Fullscreen.MakeFullscreen (System.Type type, UnityEditor.EditorWindow window, System.Boolean disposableWindow) (at Assets/Tools/Fullscreen/Editor/Fullscreen.cs:94)
    7. FullscreenEditor.Fullscreen.ToggleFullscreen (System.Type type, UnityEditor.EditorWindow window) (at Assets/Tools/Fullscreen/Editor/Fullscreen.cs:136)
    8. FullscreenEditor.Fullscreen.ToggleFullscreen[T] (T window) (at Assets/Tools/Fullscreen/Editor/Fullscreen.cs:119)
    9. FullscreenEditor.MenuItems.CVMenuItem () (at Assets/Tools/Fullscreen/Editor/MenuItems.cs:40)
    10. UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler()

13. MukaSchultze

MukaSchultze

They always do... Thanks for the feedback!

14. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

I just upgraded to 2020.3.25 and there is now a multi-second delay when coming out of full screen view before the game window snaps back to standard zoom level. If I do not move the mouse, it never snaps back. This does not occur with the scene window. (Windows 10, DX11, 4K monitor).

15. pointcache

pointcache

Does this plugin allow converting any unity gtk "window" in an actual OS window?

16. MukaSchultze

MukaSchultze

Can you explain better what you mean by "gtk window" and "OS window"?

This plugin puts the unity view (e.g. game view) into a new container window (native window), and then makes that container window fullscreen. It uses the building blocks available within Unity itself to achieve the fullscreen behavior and doesn't mess with native windows outside of the Unity API.

17. pointcache

pointcache

By gtk window i mean the panel that unity creates using its gtk ui framework.
    By OS window i mean what you do with game view.
    So what i am after is not just the game view, but any editor "window" i.e. node editors, some panels, whatever.
    I would really love to have actual usable windows i can alt-tab between.

18. MukaSchultze

MukaSchultze

So yes, this plugin can put pretty much all windows that derive from UnityEditor.EditorWindow, you can fullscreen inspectors, profilers, the hierarchy, etc.

EDIT: This is what the F9 keybind does by default

pointcache likes this.
  19. pointcache

pointcache

I tested it and it seems it draws them still in the unity os window. Yes its fullscreen, but i cant alt tab between a fullscreened game view and unity editor. However it does improve the workflow a lot as i can keep a lot of editor windows tucked in the corner and maximize them when needed.
    Remapped F9 to Tab, works well.

20. LunaTrap

LunaTrap

I LOVE this tool, I can't imagine going back to not using this.
    I would recommend this to everyone

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  21. pleasantPretzel

pleasantPretzel

MacBook Pro 2021
    Apple M1 Max
    macOS Monterey

Unity 2021.3.0f1 LTS
    Fullscreen Editor v2.2.5
    Rider 2021.1.5

Hello - just wanted to let you know: attempting to use Fullscreen editor crashes Unity for me each time, AND upon the first crash every file in my project was wiped out. It was just a test project so I hadn't been using version control or done any back ups. Every file was wiped. Complete directories, Images, UI Toolkit files (USS, UXML, etc...), all my C# scripts associated with UI Toolkit..., even the Fullscreen directory, all of it... files gone. Nothing in trash bin. No sign of backup in temp folder. Very confused right now. I've never seen anything like this. I can easily reproduce the crashing of Unity each time, but it seems the disappearing files situation is not as easy to reproduce.

For information about the files in my project -- they were simply the same exact files and scripts provided in this UI Toolkit tutorial - nothing more: https://learn.unity.com/tutorial/ui-toolkit-first-steps?uv=2021.1

Can provide any other info if requested.

// EDIT (update)

Fullscreen Editor in an empty project is working. Will investigate further later. I would like to look into maybe a possible conflict with UI Toolkit... I am still new to that tool. Will report back!

// EDIT (adding some info from logs, not sure if helpful)

=================================================================
    Managed Stacktrace:
    at FullscreenEditor.Patcher:SwapMethods <0x00264>
    at FullscreenEditor.DisableSceneView:set_RenderingDisabled <0x000a3>
    at <>c:<Init>b__4_0 <0x00017>
    at System.Action`1:invoke_void_T <0x000d7>
    at FullscreenEditor.FullscreenContainer:AfterOpening <0x000c3>
    at FullscreenEditor.FullscreenWindow:AfterOpening <0x0005b>
    at FullscreenEditor.FullscreenWindow:OpenWindow <0x003c3>
    at FullscreenEditor.Fullscreen:MakeFullscreen <0x0009b>
    at FullscreenEditor.Fullscreen:ToggleFullscreen <0x00107>
    at FullscreenEditor.MenuItems:GVMenuItem <0x0005b>
    at System.Object:runtime_invoke_void <0x00067>
    Obtained 0 stack frames.
    Launching bug reporter

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  22. MukaSchultze

MukaSchultze

Hi, the crashing is a known issue on the M1 processors, the workaround for this is to disable the "Disable scene view rendering" in the preferences menu.

As for the deletion of the files, are you sure it was caused by the plugin itself? Fullscreen Editor doesn't have any code to write or read from any files in the project. This might have been some sort of collateral effect of the crash or some other plugin.

I'll test it with the UI toolkit to check if there's any conflict.

Thanks for the feedback, and sorry for the inconvenience.

mrstruijk and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  23. pleasantPretzel

pleasantPretzel

Thanks for the reply! I agree with you, that there is probably some collateral effect - maybe an OS level problem that occurred because of the crash and for some strange reason removed all files in the project. I've never seen anything like it, but thought I'd at least report. As far as plugins go, I didn't have any other assets installed in the Unity project. I don't have any anti-malware, version control, anything that I would suspect to take control of an entire directory. Probably will never know!

Anyway thank you for the response, I will try the "Disable scene view rendering' preference.

24. Chris-Mc-Marley

Chris-Mc-Marley

Just bought your asset, selected play with fullscreen and Unity crashes on pressing play. If I try to fullscreen the editor window : crash.
    Whatever I do, Unity crashes.
    I'm using Unity 2021.3.1f1.
    Any idea ? Can I get a refund if no solution is found ?
    Thanx
    Chris

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
  25. MukaSchultze

MukaSchultze

Hi, can you send me your invoice number via the support email? Also, can you please send me your operating system and Unity version so I can try to troubleshoot this issue?

26. MadStuntman

MadStuntman

Hi! Is there any chance you will make the Fullscreen Editor compatible with 2022.1.x + ? Despite Unity has introduced its own full screen mode, it is far behind your asset in terms of usability and number of features. Unfortunately I'm forced to use 2022.1.x due to requirement of using the latest UI Toolkit Visual Trees so I can't downgrade to 2021.3 LTS. and using of Unity fullscreen and lack of features (f.e. Scene fulscreen mode) is hurting me...

27. MukaSchultze

MukaSchultze

Are you using Fullscreen Editor v2.2.6? In that update I've added support for 2022.1 and 2022.2. I'll test again on the latest Unity versions to see if there are any more breaking changes.

28. MadStuntman

MadStuntman

Somehow I missed update to 2.2.6. After upgrade it works like a charm! Thank you!!!

29. ZurielA

ZurielA

This addon is not working for me.. or if it is working, its not very performant.

Steps..

1) start game... press F9, or F10... look at my FPS. 22 -40.

stop game.

1) start game.. right click the ... 3 dots menu in the game and select "Maximize".

I now have 120 FPS running on my game. The whole point of this addon was to be able to hit F9 or F10 and get increased performance with full screen.. but its not the case... if I manually do "Maximize" its fast but thats not using your addon.. thats me hitting a mouse and a built in menu.

is there a way to get the same performance you get with the built in Maximize but with your addon?

Im on a AMD 16 core - 64 gigs ram - 3080 RTX... so its not like its a performance of my PC issue... its just unitys built in maximize is double the performance of your addon... that seems like its not right???

i guess another way to put it is... Can i set my GAME window to "play focused", and when i hit F9 or F10, its the same as swapping that to "play maximized" that way its getting boosts? otherwise, i just leave it as "play maximized" and your addon at least lets me see scene view fullscreen but its not really viable for a dev workflow where I want focused view, want to hit 1 key to go maximized, 1 key to pop back out.

30. MukaSchultze

MukaSchultze

What Unity version are you using? There's some performance hit on fullscreen, mainly because you're running on a higher resolution, but that shouldn't be that big of a hit.

If you have a scene view open it'll render in the background, there's an option in the fullscreen preferences called Disable scene view rendering, make sure it's enabled so scene views don't get updated during fullscreen.

Also, make sure the "Placement source" is NOT set to "Mouse position" on the preferences, since that is known to cause framerate drops on large projects.

Let me know if any of that helps

31. ZurielA

ZurielA

Latest Unity 2021 f7
    I tried it all, I have a 3440x1440 res monitor. none of it helps. if i start the game with 2 panes up [SCENE | GAME ] and i hit F9 or F10, its 30 fps. but if i first click the game tab and select Unitys Maximize, now its 100 + fps. Not sure why thats the only way I can get fast fullscreen but I wish there was a APi or hotkey or way to invoke that as well or maybe we can figure that out in a future update.

32. Spikebor

Spikebor

Hello dev, I have tested why this asset crash my editor
    to reproduce the crash : enter playmode, play in fullscreen, exit playmode while in fullscreen.
    that said, the editor will not crash when exit playmode if we switch back to fullscreen->OFF
    this is tested in Unity 2022.1.15f1

Before you find out why, the temp solution is to force fullscreen OFF in your script right when Application try to go to Edit mode. Pls publish this fix soon for every other users. I hope this helps.

MukaSchultze likes this.
  33. MukaSchultze

MukaSchultze

Hello,

Is the "fullscreen on play" option enabled? I'll try to reproduce this

34. mrstruijk

mrstruijk

This is good to know! I had issues on my M1 Max as well, and this solved it, easy does it!
    I'd suggest putting this workaround in the Readme of the asset.

Thanks for the great tool!

MukaSchultze likes this.
  35. MukaSchultze

MukaSchultze

In the latest version, I updated the code so that option can't be enabled on M1 macs to prevent these crashes, apparently, the fix is not working as intended :oops:

mrstruijk likes this.
  36. benthroop

benthroop

Been doing a little reading to decide if I should get this. This feature alone tips the scale to a buy! This has plagued Unity for years. Good work, looking forward to using it.

MukaSchultze likes this.
  37. AGregori

AGregori

No idea if this show-stopping error is related to the Fullscreen asset, but it's annoying:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.GameView.MirrorFullscreenToolbarSettings () (at <8a1c902e1cc24cec8e4dda915647a0cd>:0)
    UnityEditor.GameView.DoToolbarGUI () (at <8a1c902e1cc24cec8e4dda915647a0cd>:0)
    UnityEditor.GameView.OnGUI () (at <8a1c902e1cc24cec8e4dda915647a0cd>:0)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition) (at <8a1c902e1cc24cec8e4dda915647a0cd>:0)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect) (at <8a1c902e1cc24cec8e4dda915647a0cd>:0)
    UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at <8a1c902e1cc24cec8e4dda915647a0cd>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <20cc7906dc2040b7aff3babd235f4c07>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <20cc7906dc2040b7aff3babd235f4c07>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoIMGUIRepaint () (at <20cc7906dc2040b7aff3babd235f4c07>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChainCommand.ExecuteNonDrawMesh (UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.DrawParams drawParams, System.Single pixelsPerPoint, System.Exception& immediateException) (at <20cc7906dc2040b7aff3babd235f4c07>:0)
    Rethrow as ImmediateModeException
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChain.Render () (at <20cc7906dc2040b7aff3babd235f4c07>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.Update () (at <20cc7906dc2040b7aff3babd235f4c07>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater.UpdateVisualTreePhase (UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdatePhase phase) (at <20cc7906dc2040b7aff3babd235f4c07>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.UpdateForRepaint () (at <20cc7906dc2040b7aff3babd235f4c07>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at <20cc7906dc2040b7aff3babd235f4c07>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at <20cc7906dc2040b7aff3babd235f4c07>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.UnityEngine.UIElements.IUIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr, System.Boolean& eventHandled) (at <20cc7906dc2040b7aff3babd235f4c07>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIEventRegistration.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at <20cc7906dc2040b7aff3babd235f4c07>:0)
    UnityEngine.UIElements.UIEventRegistration+<>c.<.cctor>b__1_2 (System.Int32 i, System.IntPtr ptr) (at <20cc7906dc2040b7aff3babd235f4c07>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr, System.Boolean& result) (at <8e97839110b84d8488891b7b115781f7>:0)

38. alfredbaudisch

alfredbaudisch

• If I press Play to test the game, then trying to press F10 to go Full-screen doesn't work. I have to click in the Fullscreen -> Game view menu to open Full-screen.
    • If I first open the game view full screen, then use the hotkey to Play, then the full-screen view, but still I cannot exit it (see below).
    • There's no way to exit the Fullscreen Game View (F10 doesn't work). The only way is with Alt+F4, but then EVERY time it leaves this:

upload_2022-9-20_9-13-41.png

SPECS:
    • Windows 10
    • Unity 2022.2

39. AGregori

AGregori

@alfredbaudisch same here, though using 2022.1. I'd be pretty surprised if any asset would be supporting 2022.2b at this point.

40. MukaSchultze

MukaSchultze

@AGregori This error is not related to Fullscreen Editor, this is caused by the new fullscreen feature that Unity 2022.2 introduced. I was able to reproduce this in an empty project without Fullscreen Editor installed.

@alfredbaudisch I wasn't able to reproduce this bug, but I'm inclined to believe this bug is also somewhat related to Unity's new fullscreen feature. The warning you're seeing is from this Fullscreen Editor plugin, but not being able to exit is a bug with the built-in fullscreen. Seems to be some conflict going on between the two fullscreen.

Please check if you have this "Play in Window" selected in the game view settings and then use Fullscreen Editor shortcuts to go into fullscreen. This should disable the built-in fullscreen which is known to be problematic at the time.

upload_2022-9-24_17-33-14.png

alfredbaudisch and AGregori like this.
  41. hommes_doutant

hommes_doutant

I have a similar issue on 2021.3.10f1

It seems that the editor detects no input at all after going fullscreen (in-game input still works). As I can't exit play-mode or do anything once I've entered play mode in full-screen.

EDIT : Unity has added a function to disable editor shortcuts while in play mode, so make sure to enable them if you're using this asset.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
    MukaSchultze likes this.
  42. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Using Unity 2021.3.16f1 on Apple m1 max ( 32 GB RAM ) and Monterey 12.6.1, 30" Cinema Display 2560x1600

When going fullscreen the performance is ( much ) worse than maximise game window in game view options.
    And when exiting the fullscreen unity crashes.
    If I can help trouble shoot please let me know.

And unrelated to this asset I just tested unity 2023 native fullscreen and its also much worse than maximise game window.

43. halo_of_the_sun

halo_of_the_sun

Just installed the asset and it's working fine, though now I'm unable to resize panels in Scene View?

44. sarahnorthway

sarahnorthway

I just upgraded from 2022.1.18f1 to 2022.2.1f1, and now the resolution after fullscreen-ing the game window by hitting F10 with this plugin is wrong. Previously Screen.width x height would report 2560x1440 (my native screen res, correct), but now Screen.width x height reports 3840x2160 (too big, and I only see the top-left portion of the game window).

This happens even in edit mode while not playing.

In debug mode I see this in the logs, which looks right:
    Fullscreen Editor: Set Fullscreen #76 rect to (x:0.00, y:0.00, width:2560.00, height:1440.00)

Maybe Unity's new (inferior) fullscreen feature defines a screen resolution somewhere that might be cached? I did create this project on a 4k monitor. Any other ideas on how I could fix or work around this? I tried reverting and upgrading again to be sure nothing else has changed.

I'm using Fullscreen version 2.2.7 and the game window is set to "Play Unfocused".

MadStuntman likes this.
  45. AGregori

AGregori

@sarahnorthway This was the dev's reply some months ago: This error is not related to Fullscreen Editor, this is caused by the new fullscreen feature that Unity 2022.2 introduced. I was able to reproduce this in an empty project without Fullscreen Editor installed.

46. sarahnorthway

sarahnorthway

@AGregori I think that response was regarding a benign NPE when closing fullscreen, which is not my problem.

I looked further back. Someone did have a similar zoomed-in-fullscreen-view issue with 2020.3.18 on Mac in 2021. The dev's response was to try changing the placement source and game screen resolution. Resolution didn't help (mine is set to 16:9), nor changing to Display 1, but experimenting with custom placement source rects gave me a clue.

Setting the display rect to 0,0,1707,960 results in Screen.width x height of 2560x1440. So it's scaling the fullscreen window by 1.5x, which I realized is the scale of my display in Windows 11. Sure enough, setting my Windows 11 display scale to 100% fixes the problem (but makes every program's fonts unreadably small).

It looks like Unity in 2022.2.1f1 editor windows are being scaled by the Windows display scale in some new way that Fullscreen Editor might need to account for (or wait for Unity to fix if it's a bug). This might also be an issue on macs going further back. But there's a workaround: set a custom rect to your screen res divided by Windows display scale.

dancinLion likes this.
  47. dancinLion

dancinLion

@sarahnorthway I had the same problem (thanks for your workaround). 2022.2.4f fixed it for me. There was some issue with the render scale that is mentioned in the patch notes.

MukaSchultze and sarahnorthway like this.
  48. MukaSchultze

MukaSchultze

Sorry for the late reply!!!

Do you have multiple displays? Windows sometimes reports wrong scaling values to applications when multiple displays have different scaling values.

Can you go to the preferences and paste the content of the "Copy debug data" button here? It can help me debug this issue. Thank you very much!

49. sarahnorthway

sarahnorthway

@MukaSchultze It sounds like this was a bug that Unity fixed (I haven't upgraded yet to confirm), but for the record no, I'm on my laptop with only one display. Here's my debug data:

Fullscreen Editor Version: 2.2.7 Unity 2022.2.1f1 (4fead5835099) Windows 11 (10.0.22621) 64bit Scaling 150.00 % ----------- DISPLAY ----------- DeviceName: AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics (\\.\DISPLAY1) DpiCorrectedArea: (x:0.00, y:0.00, width:1707.00, height:960.00) UnityCorrectedArea: (x:0.00, y:0.00, width:2560.00, height:1440.00) MonitorArea: (x:0.00, y:0.00, width:2560.00, height:1440.00) PhysicalArea: (x:0.00, y:0.00, width:2560.00, height:1440.00) WorkArea: (x:0.00, y:0.00, width:2560.00, height:1368.00) LogicalScreenHeight: 0 PhysicalScreenHeight: 0 ScreenWidth: 2560 ScreenHeight: 1440 PrimaryDisplay: True scaleFactor: 1 scaleFactor2: 1.5 devMode: { "dmDeviceName": "CDD", "dmSpecVersion": 1025, "dmDriverVersion": 1025, "dmSize": 124, "dmDriverExtra": 0, "dmFields": 544997536, "dmPositionX": 0, "dmPositionY": 0, "dmDisplayOrientation": 0, "dmDisplayFixedOutput": 0, "dmColor": 0, "dmDuplex": 0, "dmYResolution": 0, "dmTTOption": 0, "dmCollate": 0, "dmFormName": "", "dmLogPixels": 0, "dmBitsPerPel": 32, "dmPelsWidth": 2560, "dmPelsHeight": 1440, "dmDisplayFlags": 0, "dmDisplayFrequency": 240, "dmICMMethod": 0, "dmICMIntent": 0, "dmMediaType": 0, "dmDitherType": 0, "dmReserved1": 0, "dmReserved2": 0, "dmPanningWidth": 0, "dmPanningHeight": 0 }

50. joshcamas

joshcamas

Hello, I have found a bug related to Fullscreen Editor.

If I open fullscreen, the editor gets way slower when staying in play mode. According to the editor profiler, this is due to Application.UpdateScene.

This issue stays around when I leave fullscreen as well - the only way to solve it when playing is either:
    1) Enter "maximized" mode for the game view (the vanilla unity maximized feature) or
    2) Closing certain windows (profiler, scene view)

It seems like when fullscreen is enabled, it starts acting like the sceneview window is opened as well, and closing windows correctly refreshes this.