Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Full Game Kit - Hammer 2

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PieterAlbers, Sep 8, 2015.

1. rafleal

rafleal

Another question, I'm having trouble changing the Hammer character to another model.
    Everything seems fine, but my new character it's not being hit by the enemies bullets and I didn't managed to discover why yet... Can someone help?

2. superdiederik

superdiederik

I don't think the game has an auto-aim function.

3. superdiederik

superdiederik

Best place to start is in the MissionManager.cs, where the CompleteMission is called and there the targets are processed. It will require some actual work and thinking. Also, you need to make it clear to the player what he needs to do, so you might want to add something in the interface for that too...

4. superdiederik

superdiederik

I think someone made a tutorial pdf for that, check the rest of this forum thread.

5. Goofy420

Goofy420

transform.Find() no longer iterates through multiple children tiers, so finding the Spine got a little more difficult. Luckily, the new Animator API takes care of that by using spine = animator.GetBoneTransform(HumanBodyBones.Spine); in place of hammerPrefab.Find("Spine") etc. so it matters not what your Spine is named. The new API also supports overrides of the base class such as
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  public override void OnStateEnter(Animator animator, AnimatorStateInfo stateInfo, int layerIndex)
    2.     {
    3.         head = animator.GetBoneTransform(HumanBodyBones.Head);
    4.         leftHand = animator.GetBoneTransform(HumanBodyBones.LeftHand);
    5.         rightHand = animator.GetBoneTransform(HumanBodyBones.RightHand);
    6.         chest = animator.GetBoneTransform(HumanBodyBones.Chest);
    7.         spine = animator.GetBoneTransform(HumanBodyBones.Spine);
    8.         UpdateBones(animator, stateInfo, layerIndex);
    9.     }

Fibonaccov, NeoUnity and Raf_230 like this.
  6. Goofy420

Goofy420

It has an auto-aim function when using the mobile controls.
    Line 81 of CameraManager.cs (public Enemy AutoAimEnemy) and referenced at line 175 of hammer.cs
    It assists in the snap to enemy headBone if firing and if the crosshair is within 2 degrees left or right of an enemy.

Fibonaccov likes this.
  7. Weendie-Games

Weendie-Games

Having the same issue. The player only suffers damage from explosions. Anybody know how to fix it?

8. kilik128

kilik128

thank's for the tut's any info about any news is welcome :!)

9. kilik128

kilik128

for exemple change bone selection by tHand = animator.GetBoneTransform (HumanBodyBones.RightHand);
    etc ... more easy to use is realy important think's

look what's goofy say lol :)

i got difficulty to spawn the good data enemy
    Robot [#type: Enemy, #subType: FutureSoldier_LP, #interval: 1.0, #amount: 15, #unlimitedAmount: false, #range:100.0, #minMaxOffset: [5.0, 15.0], #rotation: Offset]

give
    KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,DicEntry].get_Item (System.String key) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/Dictionary.cs:150)
    CharacterManager.AddCharacter (System.String aType, CONTROLLER aController, .SpawnData aSpawnData) (at Assets/Project Assets/Scripts/Game/Characters/CharacterManager.cs:37)
    SpawnerManager.Spawn (UnityEngine.GameObject aGameObject, .SpawnerData spawnerData) (at Assets/Project Assets/Scripts/Game/Spawners/SpawnerManager.cs:134)
    Spawner.Update () (at Assets/Project Assets/Scripts/Game/Spawners/Spawner.cs:65)

when use
    any string in spawner

any option for player selection ?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  10. hamdouch118

hamdouch118

give me tutorial of changing character and if it work i will give you directly 10 dollar (this is for every one)
    because i reskin the game and the only thing that make me crazy is the character

11. Raf_230

Raf_230

Hi !
    I love this asset .. thanks for this !..
    How i can add new weapon to Hammer and Enemy ... :)

12. Proto-G

Proto-G

Look through previous posts, there's good info in there for you two :)

13. jonny2027

jonny2027

Has anyone else had problems with Hammer 2 in Unity 5.4.0b10 I get hundred of errors about an invalid AABB a. I am guessing this might be something to do with positioning items but i am unsure, all in all it renders the game unplayable as i don't have characters or weapons

Thanks

14. rafleal

rafleal

I'm still having the same problem here... does anyone know what script manages de damages in the game?

15. MiDuS

MiDuS

Hi, Can anyone help me or show me the direction to how to add admob in Hammer 2?

Thank you

16. Que

Que

Any plan supporting iOS and Multiplayer?

17. Goofy420

Goofy420

That's a bug in Unity that began with Unity 5.3 and the SceneManagement, but it's because of the old ParticleSystem. If you replace the particle system objects with the new Shuriken system, it should fix the errors.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  18. superdiederik

superdiederik

Hello everybody!

Thanks again for all your support on this project! It's much appreciated.

Just wanted to let you know that we just released a new kit called:
    Full Game Kit - Operation Desert Road
    The tech structure of the game has been simplified, and we now even have some tutorial videos that show you how to do stuff.

You can check it out here:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/66144

Thanks again for your support!

Diederik / Xform

hopeful likes this.
  19. Proto-G

Proto-G

How do I edit Camera1 without the game running? When the game starts, Camera1 is created... I know about the two camera scripts and the SharedData.txt, but not sure where to edit that specific camera. Thanks!

20. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

The camera is instiated on runtime from a camera prefab. I am not sure of the correct name since I am not behind a computer. I think it is something like Defaultcamera_Prefab
    It is located in a cameras folder. So you shouldn't have a hard time finding it. :)

Cheers Pieter

21. Proto-G

Proto-G

Yeah, I found all the camera prefabs, must have been DefaultCameraLQ & HQ. Thanks

22. arshikh7

arshikh7

Hai anyone have the documentation of advertising like video ads and interstitial ads using chartboost and admob. There is only a sample advertising file in the game. But how to implement advertisements in the game? Please send me the documentation for adding ads in this game at arshikhkhan@gmail.com Also can i able to put in app purchases for buying cash for real money for Google playstore inside the game? If so send me that documentation too.

23. Goofy420

Goofy420

Code (CSharp):
    1.     public class ChartboostScript: Monobehaciour
    2.     {
    3.     public float adTime = 180;
    4.     public bool showInterstitial;
    5.     public bool showMoreApps;
    6.     public bool showRewardVideo;
    8.     public bool showInPlay;
    9.     public GameObject inPlayIcon;  // for in-play icon
    10.     public GameObject inPlayText;   // for in-play text
    11.     private CBInPlay inPlayAd;
    13.     void Awake()
    14.     {
    15.     Chartboost.cacheInterstitial(CBLocation.Default);
    16.     Chartboost.cacheMoreApps(CBLocation.Default);
    17.     Chartboost. cacheRewardedVideo (CBLocation.Default);
    18.     Chartboost. cacheInPlay (CBLocation.Default);
    19.     }
    21.     void Start()
    22.     {
    23.     if (showInterstitial) InvokeRepeating("DisplayInterstitial", adTime, adTime);
    24.     if (showMoreApps) InvokeRepeating("DisplaMoreApps", adTime, adTime);
    25.     if (showRewardVideo) InvokeRepeating("DisplayRewardVideo", adTime, adTime);
    26.     if (showInPlay) InvokeRepeating("DisplayInPlay", adTime, adTime);
    27.     }
    29.     public void DisplayInterstitial()
    30.     {
    31.     Chartboost.showInterstitial (CBLocation.Default);
    32.     }
    33.     public void DisplayMoreApps
    34.     {
    35.     Chartboost.showMoreApps(CBLocation.Default);
    36.     }
    37.     public void DisplayRewardVideo()
    38.     {
    39.     Chartboost. showRewardedVideo (CBLocation.Default);
    40.     }
    41.     public void DisplayInPlay()
    42.     {
    43.     inPlayAd = Chartboost.getInPlay(CBLocation.Default);
    44.       if(inPlayAd != null) {
    45.       inPlayIcon.guiTexture.texture = inPlayAd.appIcon;
    46.       inPlayText.guiText.text = inPlayAd.appName;
    47.       inPlayAd.show();
    48.       }
    49.     }
    50.     }
    If i remember correctly, CBLocation.Default is bottom center, but you can also call the location as well:
    public void DisplayInterstitial(CBLocation location)
    {
    Chartboost.showInterstitial (location);
    }

call it with DisplayInterstitial(CBLocation.Top);

Honestly, I personally think the Chartboost dashboard is horrible and their API is extremely difficult to find, so I won't even use it, but to each their own. When you go to their API page, it mostly just threatens you if you don't adhere to their every whim, but very little information on the API itself on that page.

"These guidelines help us ensure that all customers' requests are returned quickly. If you do not respect these limits, your API access will be limited.
    If you post more than one query a minute, your API access will be limited, if you post more than one request on the same app, your API access will be limited",
    and so on

So, I suggest conversion to Unity Ads https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/66123

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    Fibonaccov likes this.
  24. freak77

freak77

Hello,

Your posts are amazing helpful. I downloaded your character tutorials too.

I have 2 questions for changing characters and admob/chartboost integration.

1- When trying to add characters using your character tutorial, which kind of character can we use? You're using a cowboy pack. But can you advice more character options that is compatible with this game? Any criterias we must consider when buying? I think they need to have something like char1, bip1, right ?

2- My second question is about ad integration. Where to add these codes that you wrote in your latest reply? Also where to add our APP ID and APP SIGNATURE details?

Thanks.

25. Goofy420

Goofy420

1. You can use any humanoid rigged character (Mecanim)
    2. The Chartboost API will use the old Unity onGUI method (although I haven't used it in a long time, it may have changed), and that snipett can go anywhere as long as it's run on Awake(), Start(), or OnEnable() at every scene change (InvokeRepeating only needs to be called once and it'll run forever at the delay specified). The AppID should be entered into the Chartboost editor, Window/Chartboost or something similar.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  26. ApexofReality

ApexofReality

Is this asset dead and not being updated?

27. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

Hi guys!

There were some issues with upgrading/updating to Unity 2017.2

Nothing really special, but for those interested here is a package which will update some scripts to remove any webplayer references. These are now replaced by webgl references.

We've also updated an .psd file which was behaving oddly in 2017.2

Apologies for not doing a proper update - but we are swamped and cannot get it done in time.

- Pieter

Attached Files:

28. archor

archor

error CS1061: 'Type' does not contain a definition for 'IsEnum' and no extension method 'IsEnum' accepting a first argument of type 'Type' could be found

The Line of Code is ...

if (prop.FieldType.IsEnum) prop.SetValue(aClass, System.Enum.Parse(prop.FieldType, aDictionary[prop.Name].s));

Any Hints ????

29. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

Doesn't ring a bell. Not at a computer atm. Can you give me some more details. Unity version. Did you change anything? Or was this a clean import?

-Pieter

30. archor

archor

Unity 2017.1
    even with clean import / direct download gets error.
    vs 2017

31. udede

udede

Hi

hammer I want to fall into the sea die How can I do it?

32. grandgrandgames

grandgrandgames

Hello,

Currently i am Working on Your (Full Game Kit - Hammer 2)
    -> I am unable to change character Properly(Spine Missing Not Get by Shared Data). My character structure (Hierarchy) is little bit different. How can i make my character structure same as your Hammer_Prefab Character Structure. How You Rig your character (Which Tool). How can I make Same Character as Your Hammer Character ?

I Need Some Serious Help. Give Some Attention to me

Thanks In Advance
    @superdiederik @Ruby-Roid

33. muhammadadilumar

muhammadadilumar

Can i get to know how to change the "main character". I am a newbie and getting stuck there. a guidance or a PDF would be really thankful

34. superdiederik

superdiederik

@grandgrandgames from the top of my head: I think the spine is used for some aiming and strafing override animation. If the spine variable transform is not assigned (the code cannot find the spine object) you need to assign a different object to it

@muhammadadilumar there is no how-to for this. If your character has the same setup (skeleton form), it should be possible. You need to compare your character hierarchy to the Hammer hierarchy and see where the differences are in names. As I mentioned above, the code might not be able to find a particular object in your hierarchy and you need to make fixes.

35. zain1317

zain1317

How can i change the preloader panel background and how can i replace the branding logo please reply as fast as you can. Thanks in advance

36. zain1317

zain1317

how to put ads on it

37. Chaxy_Gamers

Chaxy_Gamers

I was looking at the comments and wanted to know if the project was updated to work correctly in the current versions ...

unity 2020 or unity 2018

38. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

It hasn't been specifically updated for newer versions - but I have it running properly in Unity 2019.
    There are some small issues to fix but nothing too serious - I can help you with that. Haven't tested 2020 (yet)

Fibonaccov likes this.
  39. Chaxy_Gamers

Chaxy_Gamers

40. Chaxy_Gamers

Chaxy_Gamers

Please answer, I want to buy it but I want you to make sure that it works well in the lts version since I have been informed that this project was one of the best and that it was abandoned and I want to know if it can work ...

JoelChala likes this.
  41. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

The game is working just fine on 2018.4 as well as 2019 - you do need to remove the references to the old WebPlayer since that has been deprecated. If you are running into any other issues on getting it to run or you can't build you can send me a mesasge. I am more than happy to help you out - on getting it to work if you are having trouble with it.

42. JoelChala

JoelChala

The problem that is presenting me is that the text file from where it has to pull the values is doing it in INT and not in FLOAT, as it should, for example, where it has to read me the intensity of the sun that has to be 0.8f it places 8 and the same it happens with the cameras among other things ...

ps: i am using unity 2019

43. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

I can help you with that - but I need a bit of time since I don't have the files at thand atm

44. udede

udede

hello again after a long time

How are you? I hope you're around and replying :)

I don't want the enemy characters to kill each other, after a while all the enemies kill themselves before I shoot and the episode ends. I hope you reply, thank you very much.

45. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

Hi! Still around ;)

I gave a quick look at the code this morning and realized how old that stuff is. Miracle it still works...

I think the best solution would be to give the enemies a new type of projectile. E.g. DefaultEnemyBullet.
    This would be an exact clone of the normal DefaultBullet. Add this in the SharedData.txt under Projectiles.
    Add the new bullet to the AddProjectile method in the ProjectileManager ( in the switch())

Duplicate and rename the DefaultBullet.cs file to DefaultEnemyBullet.cs. Make sure the switch in the ProjectileManager initializes this new script. In the InitializeSpecific of the new script adjust the projectiles layermask to exclude the enemy layer. This will make the bullet behave as normal but ignores the enemies.

46. udede

udede

I was surprised to see you around here, I wasn't even expecting an answer :)

I couldn't do it, so I emailed you again as an answer. Thank you..

I hope you reply to the mail again. This asset is great I wish you would continue to redevelop it!

PieterAlbers likes this.
  47. laparda14

laparda14

How do I change the amount of money I have already?